Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

Well, I started last year's thread almost exactly one year ago, so I guess it's time to start the 2019 thread. (For reference, here are the complete lists of last year's finalists and TCCs).

I will be very interested to see what becomes of last year's eliminated TCCs. I believe this was the order of their elimination:

• Jasmin Ammons
  • Lindsay Brady
  • Dayton Bramhall - definitely will not audition
  • Taylor Tauss
  • Kristin Dodd
  • Victoria Kalina - definitely will audition
  • Malena Brown
  • Lily Johnson

Prep classes are underway!  With Michelle Keys out of the picture, I wonder who most of of the women will flock to for class. Sarah Idziak and Jenn Amburn? Jasmin Ammons and Taylor Tauss attended Jenn Amburn's first 2019 prep class. Also in attendance were Kali Mikelson (2017 finalist, 2018 semifinalist) and Kylee Wideman (2016 finalist). I will be interested to see if they audition this year. A few other women commented on the post below that they were also there for the class, but it's hard to tell who is prepping for tryouts and who is just taking class for fun.

Someone else I have an eye on is Kelly Porazzo, who has been auditioning for a few years. She's made it to semis a couple times but never as far as finals. She's always been a blonde for auditions, but she just went brunette and moved to NYC to spend the next several months preparing for auditions (DCC auditions, I assume, although all she said was "NFL auditions.") Moving to NYC is an interesting strategy.  While I'm sure there is a wide variety of classes and coaches available, I hadn't heard that NYC is a mecca for power pom, high kick, and competition-style hip-hop dance styles needed for DCC.

And finally, I just have to say a little "woohoo" for Hannah Prosser, aka "Road to DCC girl" who I've been keeping an eye out for since discovering her. Hannah is the girl who as on her college dance team in Wisconsin and dreaming of (and working toward) auditioning for DCC for years. She missed last year's audition but now she's finally in the right place at the right time. She's moved to Dallas, is enrolled in graduate school and is teaching dance on the side. She's all signed up for prep classes and I am excited to see how she does. Just getting to audition is a huge deal for her.

• Love 6

I forgot one other thing, three women who could potentially be DCC legacies this year:

Cami Branson - former "cheerlebrity" and daughter of DCC Candy Branson

Christina Ligi - younger sister of DCC Gina Ligi

Eden Greenhouse - younger sister of Mia Greenhouse

All are currently seniors in college, and have also been on their respective college cheer/dance teams. I'll be on the lookout to see if any decide to audition for DCC this year.

• Love 6

Shelly had prep classes before Christmas.  I know some of the cut TCC's were there including Lily and Jasmin. I don't think VK has attended any prep classes at all.  

I'm hoping that Malena has moved on and has a fantastic new job.  Dayton seems to be having the best time.

It will be interesting to see who takes Michelle K's spot.  I was trying to think of someone who has the choreo skills to do it.  Danielle, Amy T, Melissa W and Mary have filled in for Jenn - her classes always seem to be full.  She's mentioned on Insta that there will be tests similar to what is given at auditions and she has former DCC help with showmanship.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Hey @sleepyjean, great to see you back!  Can you tell me what your first Instagram link was to?  All I'm getting is what's showing above saying the photo has been removed. 

Not holding my breath but do you think there's any way Tara will re-audition?

1 minute ago, go4luca said:

Hey @sleepyjean, great to see you back!  Can you tell me what your first Instagram link was to?  All I'm getting is what's showing above saying the photo has been removed. 

Not holding my breath but do you think there's any way Tara will re-audition?

Howdy!

Not sure which one you're missing, since I can see it in your quote. First link was to Jenn's Instagram, second was Kelly Porazzo's and third was Hannah's. Here are the urls for their main pages:

https://www.instagram.com/jennamburn/

(Direct link was to the video from yesterday's class https://www.instagram.com/p/BsewmHnA_2b/ )

https://www.instagram.com/kellyporazzo/

https://www.instagram.com/road_to_dcc/

As for Tara, I think she's done. Unleeeesssss there is some backstory about her being ill or dealing with some horrific personal situation that was affecting her during training camp. If there was something that wasn't her "fault" but she is able to overcome and return triumphantly, I could see it. But if she was cut for any other reason, she's done. (I'm disregarding the "reason" from the show because something wasn't right about it.)

• Love 5

Someone posted the below on Jan. 4th on another thread There were pictures of these girls on their stories. There was a group shot that captioned "missing Lily tonight" or something like that. So should we assume that Malena is trying out again? Maybe some of them were just visiting.

"I think JennA is a good teacher. I saw that Taylor, Malena, Jasmin, and Kristin from training camp were at her class yesterday.

Kylee was there too, I saw Jenn reposted her video on her instagram story"

2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I forgot one other thing, three women who could potentially be DCC legacies this year:

All are currently seniors in college, and have also been on their respective college cheer/dance teams. I'll be on the lookout to see if any decide to audition for DCC this year.

Oh, man, looking at Cami's instagram, that girl has got some ribs -- she needs a sandwich or 30 or 40 . . .

Kelly Parazzo's insta account is private, so that maybe the one that isn't showing up. It doesn't show up on mine either. So you may need to screenshot and post that @sleepyjean since you follow her. 

Who is teaching the Friday prep classes, I think those are the ones Road to DCC girl said she was going to. 

Why would a "speculation" thread be a spoiler thread?

I think DCC is done with Tara.

I don't know at this point what I think About the possibility of Malena re auditioning.  I'm thinking they did't appreciate her final reaction to being cut at the last and may be done with her also.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Txmomof2 said:

Kelly Parazzo's insta account is private, so that maybe the one that isn't showing up. It doesn't show up on mine either. So you may need to screenshot and post that @sleepyjean since you follow her.

Ahhh....didn't realize she'd gone private. Kelly, incidentally, is one of the ones who had a go fund me to pay for audition expenses.

Blonde Kelly at previous auditions:

5c3b709758e3a_KellyPorazzo13259680_1618424775151182_1658103639_n.thumb.jpg.b036ae3dc41ce9569a77f4de2e1316f1.jpg

5c3b72dbe5e23_KellyPorazzo32313479_10204259042353695_7595926228805091328_n.jpg.6281f8cca6751dfe54cace6c5c1f486b.jpg

5c3b72c85bf3c_KellyPorazzoDCC-Auditions-Day-1-49.thumb.jpg.59fb50f67f5ea08105b909ac778da4d2.jpg

Kelly now, with dark hair

5c3b7345a827a_KellyPorazzo46174607_270117920363520_4084051500266312026_n.thumb.jpg.74327773b02124b8403c74b7033c18d6.jpg

4 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Why would a "speculation" thread be a spoiler thread?

I wasn't sure whether to mark it for spoilers or not. I decided to err on the side of spoilers because this thread will take us all the way up to auditions and it will be apparent that some people will be at auditions. There may be some people who won't want to know ahead of time who shows up for tryouts or if Victoria breaks a leg or something and can't audition.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I wonder is madi who audition last year if she will come back I know she is an ice angel this year 

I hope she does. I can see Kristin and Jasmin along with some/all of the AAIAs. There'll probably be girls from other TX teams (Mavs, Ice Girls, Legends, Sidekicks, Revs) and ones from out of state NFL, NBA, NHL teams too.

• Love 2
On 1/12/2019 at 7:25 PM, sleepyjean said:

As for Tara, I think she's done. Unleeeesssss there is some backstory about her being ill or dealing with some horrific personal situation that was affecting her during training camp. If there was something that wasn't her "fault" but she is able to overcome and return triumphantly, I could see it. But if she was cut for any other reason, she's done. (I'm disregarding the "reason" from the show because something wasn't right about it.)

Now I'm even more curious as to what really went down...

Also - thanks for starting this thread.  No one does these threads like you @sleepyjean. ;o)

On 1/12/2019 at 9:29 PM, hannahbanana said:

Oh, man, looking at Cami's instagram, that girl has got some ribs -- she needs a sandwich or 30 or 40 . . .

No kidding.  Girl looks seriously undernourished in a few pics.  Yikes.

On 1/13/2019 at 1:36 AM, Lona said:

I'm curious to see if Lily, Kristin Dodd and Taylor T re audition this year. :)

I'd love to see Lily give it another go.  Girl made it so far and seemed like a sweetheart.  It killed me to see her cut after what I believe was her one and only visit to the office?

On 1/13/2019 at 4:27 AM, Txmomof2 said:

Ah, that must be why it wasn't showing up.  Nice catch @Txmomof2.

On 1/13/2019 at 5:02 AM, parrotfeathers said:

I don't know at this point what I think About the possibility of Malena re auditioning.  I'm thinking they did't appreciate her final reaction to being cut at the last and may be done with her also.

Re:  Malena - not sure what to think yet.  She is beautiful and well spoken.  Can she handle it a second time around?  Not just the choreography, but her emotions?

Side note: I feel like I've graduated from the @sleepyjean multi-quote school of replies, lol.  

Edited by go4luca
clarity
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I hope she does. I can see Kristin and Jasmin along with some/all of the AAIAs. There'll probably be girls from other TX teams (Mavs, Ice Girls, Legends, Sidekicks, Revs) and ones from out of state NFL, NBA, NHL teams too.

I can see it being a small rookie class I think Kellie will try to keep as many vets as she can !!! 

• Love 3
Just now, Holly85 said:

I can see it being a small rookie class I think Kellie will try to keep as many vets as she can !!! 

Plus we've seen so few retirement announcements.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I wasn't sure whether to mark it for spoilers or not. I decided to err on the side of spoilers because this thread will take us all the way up to auditions and it will be apparent that some people will be at auditions.

Since this is a thread that will eventually discuss things beyond the show, it is appropriate to mark this as a spoiler thread

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Yeah they have til February to let Kellie know what their plan is !! 

Oh, is that the timeline?  It does seem that in the past by this time many have announced their intentions on their social media.  Maybe now that their football season is over we'll start to see some.

I don't think Hannah Prosser (road_to_dcc girl) will make it past the first round unless she's VASTLY improved from the videos we saw of her before.  I think she needs some more time as well as some experience on another team, like the Ice Angels, before she would have a solid shot at DCC.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

Re:  Malena - not sure what to think yet.  She is beautiful and well spoken.  Can she handle it a second time around?  Not just the choreography, but her emotions?

IF she comes back stronger (like Erin did) but IMO I don't see her making the team. I can see her making TC a 2nd time but getting cut again.

I wonder if Sheridan Lewis would ever audition for the DCC again.  She was the one who got sick at semis/finals  a few years ago and  was on the (now defunct)  2015-16  Texas Star Dancers.

Edited by MrsEVH

I'm hoping some like Malena won't audition again.     I'm sure Kelly F. knew she wasn't going to make the team.  In my opinion Malena is a solo performer, not a team performer.   She couldn't dance with the group, on the field or in the studio, but by herself she's stellar.        It was mean to not say something when Malena said she was going to quit her full time job for DCC, when I'm sure they knew that she was going to have to improve a lot to make the team.   

I'm not sure I'm watching this season, after last year.    I may watch the first episode, but I'm not even sure of that.       Even if a certain person comes back healthy thin, nicer, and dancing much better, I'm still ticked about the lack of criticism compared to other TCC.      The extra chances she was given, in my opinion, and the disrespect should have ended her chances, but I'm sure she'll be in the front row for everything again this year.         

• Love 13
3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Ahhh....didn't realize she'd gone private. Kelly, incidentally, is one of the ones who had a go fund me to pay for audition expenses.

Blonde Kelly at previous auditions:

5c3b709758e3a_KellyPorazzo13259680_1618424775151182_1658103639_n.thumb.jpg.b036ae3dc41ce9569a77f4de2e1316f1.jpg

5c3b72dbe5e23_KellyPorazzo32313479_10204259042353695_7595926228805091328_n.jpg.6281f8cca6751dfe54cace6c5c1f486b.jpg

5c3b72c85bf3c_KellyPorazzoDCC-Auditions-Day-1-49.thumb.jpg.59fb50f67f5ea08105b909ac778da4d2.jpg

Kelly now, with dark hair

5c3b7345a827a_KellyPorazzo46174607_270117920363520_4084051500266312026_n.thumb.jpg.74327773b02124b8403c74b7033c18d6.jpg

She definitely stands out more as a brunette. She reminds me a lot of the actress Amanda Bynes 

• Love 6

I could see Lily making it if she re auditions. I got the impression from the show that Brennan was the weakest link at the end but they didn’t want to cut her for a third time and all the group leaders were vouching for her.  In the end they kept her, and Lily was the unfortunate sacrifice. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

She definitely stands out more as a brunette. She reminds me a lot of the actress Amanda Bynes 

Yes she does 

I wonder if any mavs dancer will end of leaving the team to audition for the dcc 

24 minutes ago, Stee said:

I could see Lily making it if she re auditions. I got the impression from the show that Brennan was the weakest link at the end but they didn’t want to cut her for a third time and all the group leaders were vouching for her.  In the end they kept her, and Lily was the unfortunate sacrifice. 

I can't even remember why Lily was cut - or I mean - what reason if any they actually gave her?

22 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I wonder if any mavs dancer will end of leaving the team to audition for the dcc 

A couple of them left in 2017 to audition for the DCC and some went to Florida for the MDC.

@EricaShadows, I was just looking at when you said this last year:

Random here, but I was just checking on Mary Kate Domino's Instagram and it's still gone.  For those of you who don't remember what happened, she was a former DSIG who auditioned, didn't make it to Finals, posted a clip of her finals routine, then not only took it down a short time later, but deleted her whole Instagram account.  Supposedly, comments made on this board were one of the reasons she took it down.  I can't seem to find her on any other social media as a dancer, either.  I wish she'd return to social media and post, but I can understand why she hasn't/isn't yet.  I wonder what's going on with her.

Mary Kate is back on instagram. I'll be curious to see if she auditions again, and if so, if she takes her account down.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

@EricaShadows, I was just looking at when you said this last year:

Mary Kate is back on instagram. I'll be curious to see if she auditions again, and if so, if she takes her account down.

Mary Kate can definitely dance, but as of July 2018 this was her post: 

"I’m actually retiring, for real this time. And it has nothing to do with “giving up” and much more to do with the fact that my goals have changed. I always sought out and loved dance team because it gave me a chance to do what I love and build a community of best friends to do it with. But what my year off taught me is that I don’t need to be on a team to do that. Performing is a rush, but my favorite part was always grinding at practice with my best friends; training to get better. I’m going to keep doing that until I physically cannot dance anymore but never again will I have to get a spray tan or wear fake eyelashes, which is pretty spectacular. I’m incredibly blessed to have had opportunities others can only dream of! I will cherish those memories for the rest of my life. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of this adventure 💕 On to the next one"

She didn't make the DCC or the Mavericks so I have a feeling Mary Kate isn't coming back. She seems to have gotten the running bug---I have a daughter who does competitive running and it's definitely addictive. Good for her! 

I want to root for a girl like Hannah, but I can't. She is a pretty girl, but she has a very juvenile look and her dancing just isn't there. It's more than just not being DCC ready, I don't think she's any team ready. Some people have it and needs some polish and some people just don't...I put Hannah there/ 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 1

YAS AUDITIONS. My favorite time of the year. Based on the above comments, I have compiled my usual starter list based on girls that have confirmed auditioning / girls to just watch out for

DCC 2019 Tryouts

Audrey Copeland @audreycopeland

Lauren Mraz @laurennn_christine 

Kylee Wideman @kyleewideman_realty

Kelly Porazzo @kellyporazzo 

Jasmine Marie @jasmin.marie26

Lily Johnson @lilyjay21

Victoria Kalina @victoriakalina

Hannah Prosser @road_to_dcc

Taylor Taus @taytauss

Brooke Carnley @brookecarnley

Kali Mikelson @kalimikelson

Macy @macythemermaid

Geena Rojas @geenarojas

Molly Sheehan @mmsheahan 

Cami Branson @camibranson1

Christina Ligi @christina.ligi13

Eden Greenhouse @eden_skye22 (private)

Malena Brown @malena__brown 

Kristin Dodd @kdodd_10

Madi Allemier @madiallemier

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

YAS AUDITIONS. My favorite time of the year. Based on the above comments, I have compiled my usual starter list based on girls that have confirmed auditioning / girls to just watch out for

DCC 2019 Tryouts

Lily Johnson @lilyjay21

Taylor Taus @taytauss

Macy @macythemermaid

Geena Rojas @geenarojas

Molly Sheehan @mmsheahan 

Kristin Dodd @kdodd_10

Maybe this girl is going to audition she has taken Jenn a class before 

1D3DBFE1-7C64-4CAA-BD53-1D188D42BA28.jpeg

I hope Malena stays away. Last year wasn't kind to her and if she's got a great job, why deal with the pressure of MTT? Plus that cut was just brutal. 

Not looking forward to VK II: Mascara and Muffin Top Returns.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, dccfan37 said:

DCC 2019 Tryouts

Lily Johnson @lilyjay21

Taylor Taus @taytauss

Macy @macythemermaid

Geena Rojas @geenarojas

Molly Sheehan @mmsheahan 

Kristin Dodd @kdodd_10

Brooke was a Texas Legends Dancer and a DS Ice Girl. She was a finalist for the Dolphins cheerleaders last year..

Molly was a Texas Legends Dancer and a finalist for the Seattle Seagals.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, go4luca said:

Side note: I feel like I've graduated from the @sleepyjean multi-quote school of replies, lol.  

LOL :-)

3 hours ago, Stee said:

I liked Lily an awful lot. I hope if she comes back she is chosen.

2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Mary Kate can definitely dance, but as of July 2018 this was her post: 

"I’m actually retiring, for real this time. And it has nothing to do with “giving up” and much more to do with the fact that my goals have changed.

[snip]

I want to root for a girl like Hannah, but I can't. She is a pretty girl, but she has a very juvenile look and her dancing just isn't there. It's more than just not being DCC ready, I don't think she's any team ready. Some people have it and needs some polish and some people just don't...I put Hannah there/ 

Great for Mary-Kate. I'm always so pleased when someone who didn't make the cut finds something else they love to pursue with equal passion and energy. (Preferably something more substantial than the world of instagram modeling/product shilling.) The DCC team is a great thing, but it isn't everything. I have a lot of respect for those who can let it go gracefully, no matter how long they'd worked for it. Not making it means nothing in the long run. Speaking of which...I wonder what Cristi Fisher is doing these days.

As for Hannah, I respect hard work and follow through, but I'm a realist. She's not ready for DCC, and I suspect she knows it. She's got a lot of growing to do, but she seems like a sweet girl and I would like to see her make it past the first round. 

1 hour ago, dccfan37 said:

I wonder about Brooke Carnley. She's very pretty and seems like she can dance. I wonder what's been holding her back. Has she just been having bad auditions?

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Maybe this girl is going to audition she has taken Jenn a class before 

1D3DBFE1-7C64-4CAA-BD53-1D188D42BA28.jpeg

Looks like Gracie is a veteran on the Oklahoma City Thunder Girls, and just got engaged. I'd be curious to know if she's serious about auditioning.

Geena Rojas, the girl above her is a Senior at U. of Washington. If she's willing to fly out for prep class, I'd guess she's planning to fly out for auditions too.  I wonder why not go for the Sea Gals. They're a good team.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Brooke was a Texas Legends Dancer and a DS Ice Girl. She was a finalist for the Dolphins cheerleaders last year..

Molly was a Texas Legends Dancer and a finalist for the Seattle Seagals.

Brooke also tried out for the Mdc last year 

I'm glad that Mary-Kate decided that there was more to her than auditioning for NFL/NBA teams and that she's in a better-for-her place then she was earlier.  As for the rest, I hope Lily and Brianna Arredondo return.  Brianna was a Dallas Mavericks dancer for several years and was even the team captain at one point.  I think putting her next to a girl who was SO much taller than she was during kick line last year hurt her.  She's also currently an Ice Angel.

On 1/12/2019 at 9:10 PM, sleepyjean said:

Love these TCU gals!! I’m partial since I graduated from there, but still. 

I have to research Cami...337k followers is BANANAS. Why on earth does she have so many??

3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

LOL :-)

I liked Lily an awful lot. I hope if she comes back she is chosen.

Great for Mary-Kate. I'm always so pleased when someone who didn't make the cut finds something else they love to pursue with equal passion and energy. (Preferably something more substantial than the world of instagram modeling/product shilling.) The DCC team is a great thing, but it isn't everything. I have a lot of respect for those who can let it go gracefully, no matter how long they'd worked for it. Not making it means nothing in the long run. Speaking of which...I wonder what Cristi Fisher is doing these days.

As for Hannah, I respect hard work and follow through, but I'm a realist. She's not ready for DCC, and I suspect she knows it. She's got a lot of growing to do, but she seems like a sweet girl and I would like to see her make it past the first round. 

I wonder about Brooke Carnley. She's very pretty and seems like she can dance. I wonder what's been holding her back. Has she just been having bad auditions?

Looks like Gracie is a veteran on the Oklahoma City Thunder Girls, and just got engaged. I'd be curious to know if she's serious about auditioning.

Geena Rojas, the girl above her is a Senior at U. of Washington. If she's willing to fly out for prep class, I'd guess she's planning to fly out for auditions too.  I wonder why not go for the Sea Gals. They're a good team.

From what I have heard from people, Gracie is pretty serious about trying out. I haven't gotten to see a lot from her, but what I have seen is really good. I'm hoping the rumors are true and she does audition. 

2 hours ago, kalibean said:

Love these TCU gals!! I’m partial since I graduated from there, but still. 

I have to research Cami...337k followers is BANANAS. Why on earth does she have so many??

Cami was a 'celebrity' in the all-star cheerleading world. She competed for Cheer Athletics and Spirit of Texas. It's seems crazy but there are some cheerlebrities that have put themselves through college because of the coin they've made thanks to massive amounts of instagram followers. 

• Love 4

Add me to the people that hope Malena has moved on. Her nervous breakdown at her cut should be enough for them to keep her away from the team. I also felt she was used, but I don’t think their intention was to trigger a complete collapse.

She was way too intense.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I hope Lily and Brianna Arredondo return.  Brianna was a Dallas Mavericks dancer for several years and was even the team captain at one point.  I think putting her next to a girl who was SO much taller than she was during kick line last year hurt her.  She's also currently an Ice Angel.

Brianna was a Spurs Silver Dancer and is currently a Dallas Stars Ice Girl.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Macy @macythemermaid

I'll be shocked if she auditions.  She may have changed her mind, but she has posted here before and said she only takes the classes for fun.

16 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Is she the one who was heavily favored to make TC back in 2017, made it to finals, but then blanked on the finals routine?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'll be shocked if she auditions.  She may have changed her mind, but she has posted here before and said she takes only the classes for fun.

Is she the one who was heavily favored to make TC back in 2017, made it to finals, but then blanked on the finals routine?

Yes, that was Cami! 

• Love 3