Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/14/2019

buffynut
  • Start Topic

Joy: Obama was a great man

Abby: Good husband and good father too

It's true. I do have issues with him for policies, but overall he was a good family man who many people can look up to. It was nice to see someone who is a bit of a Republican (thought I think Abby says she's more of an Independent) say something good about Obama because that doesn't happen often on the show.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 22
3 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

I swear I wish someone would make Whoopi STOP saying "you know" repeatedly.  Those are filler words and hurt my ears.

Especially rich coming from her because we all know that she doesn't know.  You know?  She rarely has two fucks to give about any topic they are discussing so her 'you know' is the best her lazy ass is willing to come up with.  I am surprised we don't see her checking her watch all the time because she basically just sits there and phones it in through the whole show and waits for Friday.  I think I am going on sabbatical again because this show has me feeling very ragey today. 

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan to Joy: How many campaigns have you been on? 

This comment ALONE would give most producers cause to suspend John McCain's daughter.  What a snot!  What a bitch!  (Again, I've not seen the show yet.)

• Love 21
Just now, HaaCHOO said:

This comment ALONE would give most producers cause to suspend John McCain's daughter.  What a snot!  What a bitch!  (Again, I've not seen the show yet.)

SAVE YOURSELF -- don't watch!!  I had to turn it off after 25 minutes because I was on the verge of an anxiety attack.

• Love 7

At least we have proof that Meghan truly believes that being John McCain's daughter makes her better than other people. Meghan is also back to having internet fights in person.  I strongly suspect her "condemnation" of Steve King was at least partially connected to her pushing for "condemnation" of Farrakhan yesterday. I'm starting to feel sorry for her, though. She hears phantom booing and takes "virtue signalling" as a personal attack against her and her family. She must never have a moment's peace.

I also wasn't here for Joy's whataboutism concerning Black sororities. 

• Love 14

Meghan says she is a political analyst so I found her the definition. Clearly she needs to read it.

"A political analyst assesses the international relations and domestic policies of international bodies and provide insight to policymakers within their own countries. In the United States, many political analysts find positions with the Central Intelligence Agency.

Political analysts are required to have a bachelor's degree in a field related to international relations or politics, including history, national security, geography, and political science. Depending on the region that they focus upon, political analysts may need to be fluent in another language like Mandarin Chinese or Spanish."

https://www.reference.com/business-finance/political-analyst-2eab78d42c791883

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Cementhead said:

SAVE YOURSELF -- don't watch!!  I had to turn it off after 25 minutes because I was on the verge of an anxiety attack.

Definitely.  I hate that I watched.  My husband said 'damn, MM really fires you up.'  I don't think he wants to be here when I'm watching anymore.  Lol. 

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

I also wasn't here for Joy's whataboutism concerning Black sororities. 

Yeah, I wish she hadn't brought up her experience with being turned away from Jewish sororities... I kind of made a side-eye towards the television when she said that. I know she didn't have any ill-intent behind it but in the context of what they were talking about and the history behind why black people had to create their own sororities/fraternities... yeah that wasn't really the time to mention that but I still love her.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 13
25 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

I swear I wish someone would make Whoopi STOP saying "you know" repeatedly.  Those are filler words and hurt my ears.

Whoopi does not have a firm grasp on the English language & is always grasping for words & names.

Today's show, especially the first segment, wasn't worth getting up for.

I think Meggie's vociferousness today was in honor of Bill Crowder (?) & for his total benefit.  What a child!!!

• Love 6
1 minute ago, OnTime said:

Did they ever talk about the Clemson football team getting fast food at the White House?

It was in the opening.

This is the norm on this show. They'll bring things up in the beginning of the show, only to never bring it up or bring it up days later.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Nope. Megs got the show off the rails again with her tantrum. 

Oh that's right.

Are we all clear that she is a political analyst, John McCain's daughter and thinks reports should all know about guns? Hope none of you missed that.

• Love 12
22 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Meghan says she is a political analyst so I found her the definition. Clearly she needs to read it.

"A political analyst assesses the international relations and domestic policies of international bodies and provide insight to policymakers within their own countries. In the United States, many political analysts find positions with the Central Intelligence Agency.

Political analysts are required to have a bachelor's degree in a field related to international relations or politics, including history, national security, geography, and political science. Depending on the region that they focus upon, political analysts may need to be fluent in another language like Mandarin Chinese or Spanish."

https://www.reference.com/business-finance/political-analyst-2eab78d42c791883

I'm not on Twitter, but someone should tweet this to her - so she has an idea of what an idiot she sounds like when she spouts this b.s. on a morning talk show, you know, as a co-host of a morning talk show - which is what she really is!  

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Did they ever talk about the Clemson football team getting fast food at the White House?

It was in the opening.

6 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Nope. Megs got the show off the rails again with her tantrum. 

6 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

This is the norm on this show. They'll bring things up in the beginning of the show, only to never bring it up or bring it up days later.

I was really disappointed that they didn't discuss this!  I thought it would have been a fun topic.  

Oh, and did I miss Bill DeBlasio?  I stepped away for a few minutes to get my hearing back to normal!  

• Love 5

I missed today's episode, and I really wanted to see it. Can I watch it on YouTube now? I seem to recall getting links here, before.

21 hours ago, Momlevinex said:

Very upsetting that Tamika Mallory used very careful language to avoid having to condem Farrakkhan’s Anti-Semitic statements.  And, it was even more disappointing to see that none of the ladies at the table pushed back on it with the exception of Megan.  And, for the record, I am NOT a Megan fan.  At all.

Yesterday's episode frustrated me so much I couldn't even post about it at the time. Tamika Mallory needs to leave the organization. Farrakhan may have done many things for African Americans, but he is a hateful bigot, and no decent organization should associate with him. As a leader of the org, Mallory needs to denounce him (it's too late) or she needs to leave (I was surprised Whoopi had the presence of mind to ask about that).

Meghan (whom I ABHOR) was right to go after Mallory on the Farrakhan stuff and all wet on her other criticisms of the Women's March. What frustrated me is that not one person on the show, not even Bob (OMG BOB), could explain themselves.

At the time of the march, some pro-life groups wanted an official presence at the march. They were told that while anyone could participate in the march, they were not giving official [designations or whatever] to groups that were against reproductive freedom for women.

That is what the issue was, there.

And it's a worthwhile conversation for feminism to have. Do we unite on what we agree, despite our differences, or are some differences too big? Groups do that all the time (see Protestantism and 90,000 denominations). 

It's also okay for a group founded around women's issues (including repro rights) to say, "We're sorry, no," just like it would be okay if Feminists for Life spearheaded a march and didn't give an official presence to pro-choice groups.

Not one galldang person on the show could articulate what the real issue is, and Meghag (typo, but I'm keeping it) doesn't bother to learn the real issues. She just machine-guns Rightwing Talking Points at people. 

14 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

IMG_3039.PNG

14 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Unfair comparison as Mrs Potato Head has more intelligence. 

Since I missed all but the last 9 minutes of the show, I'm just here to watch the Mods throw down. 

MOD FIGHT! MOD FIGHT! MOD FIGHT!

(I'll let myself out.)

Edited by General Days
  • Love 17
12 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

There’s something about that heavyset blond lady who sits at the end of the table. I feel like I know her from somewhere. Does anyone know who she is?

I know she said she is a political analyst. Does that help?

Anyone else remember anything about her?

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

There’s something about that heavyset blond lady who sits at the end of the table. I feel like I know her from somewhere. Does anyone know who she is?

200w_d.gif

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, General Days said:

At the time of the march, some pro-life groups wanted an official presence at the march. They were told that while anyone could participate in the march, they were not giving official [designations or whatever] to groups that were against reproductive freedom for women.

9 minutes ago, General Days said:

It's also okay for a group founded around women's issues (including repro rights) to say, "We're sorry, no," just like it would be okay if Feminists for Life spearheaded a march and didn't give an official presence to pro-choice groups.

One of the reasons the Women's March was founded was because of the attack on reproductive rights.  Why on earth would they welcome an organization that seeks to continue to undermine women's reproductive rights?  Meghan should have and probably did know that but she just wanted to be antagonistic and trot out her go to stance of nobody likes me because I'm a conservative.

• Love 21
5 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Hmmmm.   I think she knows guns? Likes guns?  Shoots guns?   Something-something guns.  Something-something "father".   Something-something military.  Let me think about it.   It's like her name is just on the tip of my tongue . . . . . . . . .

• Love 16
Just now, Ladyrain said:

Hmmmm.   I think she knows guns? Likes guns?  Shoots guns?   Something-something guns.  Something-something "father".   Something-something military.  Let me think about it.   It's like her name is just on the tip of my tongue . . . . . . . . .

Something about squirrels ...?

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Abby asking if sunny thought the people for the wall are racist.  Stfu Abby. Sunny said she didn't know. Why keep asking. Abby couldn't answer the Same about Trump,  so why keep asking Sunny about Trump's base? If I was Sunny I would have pulled out the joke. I dont know if Trump supporters are racist, but if you're a Racist you're probably a Trump supporter.  Lol. 

Abby should have asked Meghan. She is person who portrays herself to be the expert on Trump's base. Because you know she saw MAGA hat wearing people at a gas station somewhere.

• Love 17
10 minutes ago, General Days said:

I missed today's episode, and I really wanted to see it. Can I watch it on YouTube now? I seem to recall getting links here, before.

Yesterday's episode frustrated me so much I couldn't even post about it at the time. Tamika Mallory needs to leave the organization. Farrakhan may have done many things for African Americans, but he is a hateful bigot, and no decent organization should associate with him. As a leader of the org, Mallory needs to denounce him (it's too late) or she needs to leave (I was surprised Whoopi had the presence of mind to ask about that).

Meghan (whom I ABHOR) was right to go after Mallory on the Farrakhan stuff and all wet on her other criticisms of the Women's March. What frustrated me is that not one person on the show, not even Bob (OMG BOB), could explain themselves.

That is what the issue was, there.

And it's a worthwhile conversation for feminism to have. Do we unite on what we agree, despite our differences, or are some differences too big? Groups do that all the time (see Protestantism and 90,000 denominations). 

Not one galldang person on the show could articulate what the real issue is, and Meghag (typo, but I'm keeping it) doesn't bother to learn the real issues. She just machine-guns Rightwing Talking Points at people.

I don't know if I agree with that. From what I've read before, Tamika's own family has been affected by Farrakhan in a positive way and he's done a lot for the black community. She's been going to his speeches for three decades, so I get why she said that she doesn't agree with him without outright condemning him. To condemn him, means that she's condemning everything good that he's done as well. Not only with the black community but with her family as well.

She should speak out and say that isn't my views and I believe she said before that she's always fought for those who have been persecuted and hurt by hate. So she wants people to talk about her track record instead of bringing up Farrakhan. And this is the reason why I don't think she should step down. Her track record is a good one and she helped organize the event. Is it a distraction, sure, but only for those who want the movement to end.

Plus, if she leaves then it will make people dig up dirt on the other women and bring them down as well. No one is free from knowing someone with messed up views, so to judge them on the acts of others...I don't think it's fair.

I do agree with you that feminism could use some more discussions though, because if pro-life people came to the event and were turned away from speaking then that is a valid discussion that the View didn't have.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:
20 minutes ago, OnTime said:

She also didn't like President Obama policies but it's not like she must have them framed in her house.

Gosh, I really should be able to remember who she is.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan you stupid twat.  Toxic masculinity is not wanting to be a fighter pilot.

LOL!!  Reminds me of the SNL days of Weekend Updates with Dan Akroyd and Jane Curtin - "Jane, you ignorant slut".....cracked me up every time!!  

• Love 17