Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Your Card Has Been Declined

• Start Topic

The highlight for me was Brittany saying "not all felons are criminals".

I think that she and Marcelo are pretty evenly matched when it comes to sketchy behavior. She wants to provoke him. It's part of their sad dance.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

How can Lizzie or anybody blame Scott for Lizzie’s addiction when she was an addict before she met Scott?  Don’t get that at all.

So far, nothing that has come out of that woman's mouth makes any sense. I don't even try to get her anymore. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

How can Lizzie or anybody blame Scott for Lizzie’s addiction when she was an addict before she met Scott?  Don’t get that at all.

You are trying to apply logic to this shit show, silly girl. Don't do it, you will only hurt yourself.

giphy (7).gif

• Love 16
7 hours ago, Cammi said:

Been watching this from the first episode, but I've forgotten how Meghan met Michael? 

I'm not willing to rewatch, but I think Michael was friends with either a friend or cousin of Megan and he introduced them.  He was already in prison at the time.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Neurochick said:

It’s what addicts do. I’ve known ones who go through rehab, complete the 12 steps in AA, and take full responsibility for the wrongs they have caused. One of my good friends just celebrated 15 years of sobriety.

The ones who do what Lizzie is doing are the ones who are not going to give up the drug or alcohol of choice. Notice all the sugary stuff she grabbed in the convenience store as soon as she got out? $250 worth, I think. Sugar is a quick fix for the shakes, she’ll be back on drugs again soon if she isn’t already.

• Love 12
15 hours ago, Soobs said:

The highlight for me was Brittany saying "not all felons are criminals".

I think that she and Marcelo are pretty evenly matched when it comes to sketchy behavior. She wants to provoke him. It's part of their sad dance.

I think you are spot on.

49 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

It’s what addicts do. I’ve known ones who go through rehab, complete the 12 steps in AA, and take full responsibility for the wrongs they have caused. One of my good friends just celebrated 15 years of sobriety.

The ones who do what Lizzie is doing are the ones who are not going to give up the drug or alcohol of choice. Notice all the sugary stuff she grabbed in the convenience store as soon as she got out? $250 worth, I think. Sugar is a quick fix for the shakes, she’ll be back on drugs again soon if she isn’t already.

Oh, from the looks of her talking heads - she is already back on the H.  She is slurring her words and her left eye is almost fully closed in a few segments.  

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Neurochick said:

It's easier for Lizzie to believe she was only taking drugs because Scott was sending her money than to believe she's an addict.  And it's easier for Jazmyn to blame Scott than it is for her to blame her mother. 

And certainly Matt use again and will blame Caitlin and his mother for "making him use" by telling him not to. 

You can't use regular logic to understand these people.

• Love 16
On 1/12/2019 at 8:33 PM, Hannah94 said:

And why the holy hell does Caitlyn keep scratching her head? 

Don't meth addicts think bugs are crawling on them and therefore they scratch at themselves?  

Caitlyn looks like after she accomplished what was #1 on the bucket list (fucking an unwashed 12-time felon in the woods), she moved onto #2:  (score Meth and smoke with 12 time felon).

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 5
On 1/12/2019 at 8:44 AM, Hannah94 said:

And that precious baby that is stuck with two pieces of shit for parents... I am hoping that little girl has grandparents/aunts/uncles that swoop in and remove her from that fucked up situation. 

Yes, I agree. It's a sad strange situation 

When they pull up to the grandparents' well-appointed home with beautiful landscaping, where Pretty Girl was staying (and where I believe she & Sarah are living), Michael already had his plan in place. "I'm going to wait in the bushes..." Why?

Sarah excitedly enters the home, gushes & rushes around like she lives there. Meanwhile, grandfather doesn't even look up from his newspaper & grandma remains stoic & firm-faced silent. Yes, they were thrilled, I could tell. 

BEFORE WATCHING THE EPISODE: 

Me: We're watching Thugs & Thots tonight. 

DH: Oh, I hate that show. 

Show ends.

DH: It's over? Wait, they're going to show previews! 

Edited by Rt66vintage
Formatting
  • Love 15

If you couldn't see Traceys face during that seen with her wearing the lingerie - she actually looked pretty decent in it.  The color looked nice on her.  

And I oddly understand Michael's way of thinking.  It's kinda smart and a whole lot of stupid because it will likely backfire in the long run.  But his end goal was to get close to his daughter.  1. Marry the mom and get paroled to where they live (I'm assuming that's why he wanted to marry her in jail - he gets paroled to them) 2. Keep the mom happy until you can get to the kid. 3. spend as much time with the kid until you get found out.

Now when the mom finds out she's been duped the entire time then she's going to unleash the fury of hell on him  but he had that small moment close to his daughter, which he probably didn't think he could get if he was upfront about the other girl right away. 

• Love 4

So previews show Clint hiding in the bathroom crying on the phone to Mommy.  It holds all kinds of promise!  But, it'll prob turn out to being nothing. 

I hate the way these producers make the previews so much better than than actual content.  

• Love 11
3 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Was Marcellino always listed as 'writer'? I just noticed that with this episode. 

Heh. So he has a blog, then?

3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Don't meth addicts think bugs are crawling on them and therefore they scratch at themselves?  

Caitlyn looks like after she accomplished what was #1 on the bucket list (fucking an unwashed 12-time felon in the woods), she moved onto #2:  (score Meth and smoke with 12 time felon).

Caitlyn says she hates drugs because of what they've done to her family. But I will bet 5 American dollars right now she ends up using with Matt, in a pitiful effort to stay close to him. 

• Love 13
On 1/12/2019 at 8:51 AM, Drogo said:

Caitlin needs to prove to herself that someone will choose her over drugs. 

Cosigned! I said to Mr. GP--she is re-enacting her childhood with this asshole. It's clear as day, I'm kinda surprised she can't see that.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Heh. So he has a blog, then?

Caitlyn says she hates drugs because of what they've done to her family. But I will bet 5 American dollars right now she ends up using with Matt, in a pitiful effort to stay close to him. 

I totally agree.  And it wouldn't surprise me if her initial thought process was, "I'll be the one who supplies him with Meth so he isn't out getting trouble for getting it."  Her biggest fear is him going back to prison, not using again.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

So previews show Clint hiding in the bathroom crying on the phone to Mommy.  It holds all kinds of promise!  But, it'll prob turn out to being nothing. 

I hate the way these producers make the previews so much better than than actual content.  

Yeah like the funeral home calling Caitlin.  They want you to think it’s her mom but it’s probably a grandparent.

• Love 3

I just can't get enough of this shit show...I am hooked. I wish it was a 2 hour episode every Friday night. I feel bad for Scott's son being dragged all over the country living out of motels so his fucktard father can follow his dick  beloved trickster all over Wisconsin. What happened to his house in California ? Was that just a rental ? 

• Love 8

People on the 90 Day Fiance chat (Pepper Mostly) mentioned this show and I just started watching it and ended up binging the last few episodes and I am hooked. I actually prefer a one hour format and I like that they keep the drama/stupidity coming.

Sarah, Michael's blonde wife and her "blackcent" is so annoying, I had to laugh when they showed her very whitebread conservative looking parents. 

Poor Clint, he actually seems kind of nice but being this will be his 3rd marriage and him just being so dumb it's hard to feel too sorry for him.

Lizzie is the worst, what a gold digger.

Brittany's hairstyle shows their editing, when she got out of jail it looked blonder and fluffier, but sometimes it looks red and more greasy and seems to change during scenes.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Drogo said:

Reminder:

This is a no-spoilers thread.  Don't post about social media and other sites in here.

Sorry, Drogo. My bad. I forget some of them have spoilers and some do not. I will be more attentive to this detail in the future!

5 hours ago, gunderda said:

If you couldn't see Traceys face during that seen with her wearing the lingerie - she actually looked pretty decent in it.  The color looked nice on her.  

I agree.  I was actually impressed by how well fitting it was.  Clint did something right.

56 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I just can't get enough of this shit show...I am hooked. I wish it was a 2 hour episode every Friday night. I feel bad for Scott's son being dragged all over the country living out of motels so his fucktard father can follow his dick  beloved trickster all over Wisconsin. What happened to his house in California ? Was that just a rental ? 

The California house is his.  When he was looking at Wisconsin houses he talked about how he'd probably have to sell it.  

I can't feel too bad for the son.  He's 19.  He doesn't have to follow his dad anywhere.  He can strike out on his own.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Armchair Critic said:

People on the 90 Day Fiance chat (Pepper Mostly) mentioned this show and I just started watching it and ended up binging the last few episodes and I am hooked. I actually prefer a one hour format and I like that they keep the drama/stupidity coming.

Sarah, Michael's blonde wife and her "blackcent" is so annoying, I had to laugh when they showed her very whitebread conservative looking parents. 

Poor Clint, he actually seems kind of nice but being this will be his 3rd marriage and him just being so dumb it's hard to feel too sorry for him.

Lizzie is the worst, what a gold digger.

Brittany's hairstyle shows their editing, when she got out of jail it looked blonder and fluffier, but sometimes it looks red and more greasy and seems to change during scenes.

If you haven’t yet you might want to check out the first season.  More comedy gold.

• Love 4
On 1/14/2019 at 10:31 AM, Rt66vintage said:

Yes, I agree. It's a sad strange situation 

When they pull up to the grandparents' well-appointed home with beautiful landscaping, where Pretty Girl was staying (and where I believe she & Sarah are living), Michael already had his plan in place. "I'm going to wait in the bushes..." Why?

Sarah excitedly enters the home, gushes & rushes around like she lives there. Meanwhile, grandfather doesn't even look up from his newspaper & grandma remains stoic & firm-faced silent. Yes, they were thrilled, I could tell. 

BEFORE WATCHING THE EPISODE: 

Me: We're watching Thugs & Thots tonight. 

DH: Oh, I hate that show. 

Show ends.

DH: It's over? Wait, they're going to show previews! 

HA!  My husband always asks why I watch "crap" like this, and then after about 5 minutes of watching - "wait, who's the wife?  what did that guy do??..."  

I am so obsessed with this show - it really kicks off my weekend in the best way.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

My husband always asks why I watch "crap" like this, and then after about 5 minutes of watching - "wait, who's the wife?  what did that guy do??..."  

The friend who referred me to this show is married and his husband does the same thing. Husband had a field day with the Utah Black woman from last season who never wore shoes.

"Most hurtfulest." I CANNOT. (That little girl is adorable.)

I agree with y'all who said that maybe it's unwise for Brittany to violate her parole on television.

• Love 4
On 1/14/2019 at 3:35 PM, Kangatush said:

I can't feel too bad for the son.  He's 19.  He doesn't have to follow his dad anywhere.  He can strike out on his own.

Sadly, I think he has had to be "the man of the house" for too long.  His father can't handle everyday life.   Maybe that will be something GOOD Lizzie can bring; the son can escape.

• Love 2

Saying the words “Lizzie” and “Good” in the same sentence gave me the shivers. :)

I was trying to tell a friend about this show last night and finally gave up and told her that it’s a bunch of ugly people on TV who have no business running around without supervision.

• Love 11
On 1/14/2019 at 4:55 PM, Armchair Critic said:

Ah @Armchair Critic welcome to the fam. I felt as you did when I saw the first episode of season one. I knew we had a winner. When I wake up on Friday mornings, I am filled with glee that it's LaL day. I would like it to be two hours (really about 90 minutes with all the commercials) because it feels like I blink and the hour is gone. There are so many couples that I think they could extend without adding much useless crap. A live chat for this show would probably be insanely funny.

On 1/14/2019 at 5:35 PM, Kangatush said:

I agree.  I was actually impressed by how well fitting it was.  Clint did something right.

The California house is his.  When he was looking at Wisconsin houses he talked about how he'd probably have to sell it.  

I agree about the son but part of me thinks he believes that he has to look out for his father because his father is a clueless fool.

I believe that it's Clint in the "this season on...." previews in the dark street pulling off the mic and yelling, "Get this off me, NOW!" I'm expecting we'll see that scene soon when he realizes that his goddess has left town with this credit and debit cards.

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

I agree about the son but part of me thinks he believes that he has to look out for his father because his father is a clueless fool.

And he would be right.  There are some people for whom I wonder how they haven't drowned in the rain because the forgot to close their mouths.  Scott is one of those people.  Clint would watch it happen then decide to try it for himself.  They lack the most basic self-preservation skills. 

• Love 10

Having sex ... to save the friendship! -- Seinfeld

Methinks Michael's been watching too many sitcoms.  

I sorely regret Michael is not Scottish, because then we would be treated to Sarah suddenly switching to brogue, "Och, Michael!  You're a right numpty!  Out carousing with your losel friends till the wee hours!   I cannae stand it!"

Lizzie is hardcore.   She doesn't care about Scott.   She doesn't care about Jasmine.   They're just rubes to her and will be thrown away the instant she drains the last drop of usefulness from them.

I like Brittany but now I can see how she got herself into trouble.   She makes it up as she goes along and assumes everything will just fall into place.  Alas, the Marcellinos of planet Earth are not known for their ability to just roll with the punches.

I think Clint suffers from a condition similar to lycanthropy.   It seems a struggle for him to remain in human form.  Except instead of a wolf I think Clint transforms into a hyena.

In the last couple threads folks have said Caitlyn's a meth-head.   She kinda looks like a meth-head without makeup but I think that says more about why you should never go out without makeup rather than her being an addict.

This show is a stark indictment of parents who fail their children by being addicts, drunks, or absentees.  Brittany's parents were drunks and drug dealers; now she's an ex-con living with a potential abuser/stalker.   Caitlyn's mother was an addict; now Caitlyn is hooked up with an addict.  Jasmine has grown up without a mother and is in line to get her heart broken again when Lizzie inevitably eviscerates her "mom's gonna make it this time" fantasy.   And Tracie ... well, her parents must have done something.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
9 hours ago, millennium said:

I sorely regret Michael is not Scottish, because then we would be treated to Sarah suddenly switching to brogue, "Och, Michael!  You're a right numpty!  Out carousing with your losel friends till the wee hours!   I cannae stand it!"

And so my first cup of coffee is now all over my keyboard.  LOL.

• Love 7

Do any of these jokers have jobs?  The only one we've actually seen is Clint.  Other than him,  it doesn't appear anyone else works.

I have to ask about Scott's Bugs Bunny teeth.    It that where his bridge was knocked out?  He just needs a carrot sticking out of his mouth "ahh what's up doc"

• Love 5
On January 14, 2019 at 4:38 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I feel bad for Scott's son being dragged all over the country living out of motels so his fucktard father can follow his dick  beloved trickster all over Wisconsin.

I'm going to start using "beloved trickster" as a euphemism for dick.

13 hours ago, millennium said:

Lizzie is hardcore.   She doesn't care about Scott.   She doesn't care about Jasmine.   They're just rubes to her and will be thrown away the instant she drains the last drop of usefulness from them.

Seriously.  Scott and Jasmine have no real understanding of what they are up against. Lizzie is a stone cold sociopath.  But she doesn't have enough intelligence and/or impulse control to keep her out of trouble.

Scott's lucky that he's out of money - she'll just leave him.  If he was rich, we would ultimately watch their relationship play out on a "Dateline" episode.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Azanscrazyhair said:

Do any of these jokers have jobs?  The only one we've actually seen is Clint.  Other than him,  it doesn't appear anyone else works.

I have to ask about Scott's Bugs Bunny teeth.    It that where his bridge was knocked out?  He just needs a carrot sticking out of his mouth "ahh what's up doc"

How are they paying for all the hotels and dinners? Scott hasn't worked in two years. Caitlin had to leave her job to move away - in with Matt's mom. Marcellino - I have no idea. Sarah has never mentioned work (that I have heard) but I think Meghan does home health care (or did). Every scene of her shows her in the kitchen or bathroom or padding around her house all day long.

16 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

How are they paying for all the hotels and dinners? Scott hasn't worked in two years. Caitlin had to leave her job to move away - in with Matt's mom. Marcellino - I have no idea. Sarah has never mentioned work (that I have heard) but I think Meghan does home health care (or did). Every scene of her shows her in the kitchen or bathroom or padding around her house all day long.

The report about Scott not working for two years came from an IG post from someone who claimed to be in the know. No proof that it's true. 

Don't yell at me, I think Scott is an idiot for all this and at this point deserves to be broke.

• Love 2