Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Quarantine, Part 2

Trini
  • Start Topic

40 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

I recall him asking "Does anyone else hear that?"  At no time did he say "The buzzing of the light is SUPER annoying -- can someone fix that?"  It was all low-key until he fell to the floor.

Yeah, he should have asked someone to fix it, or done it himself.  He should have been self aware enough to know that he couldn't afford to have a meltdown under the circumstances.  Now it appears his license is in jeopardy - but since he's the title character, I'm sure things will turn out all right  :)

His conversations were low-key, but the depictions of what was going on in his head were anything but.

On 1/17/2019 at 6:53 PM, rmontro said:

That does sound familiar, that he mentioned it a few times in passing.  Maybe no one understood what he was talking about.

As for asking one of the quarantined people to take it out, I don't see why he couldn't have done that.  He didn't have any trouble loudly asking someone to perform CPR on the baby.

I don't think Shaun likes asking people to help him with things personally. He doesn't like social interaction at all.

But as a doctor, asking someone to help with a life-saving task is a different matter.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I don't think Shaun likes asking people to help him with things personally. He doesn't like social interaction at all.

But as a doctor, asking someone to help with a life-saving task is a different matter.

That makes sense given his condition.  But under the circumstances, asking for help with the light could have been a life saving task.

• Love 1

Two things:

1. Real San Jose street signs and a VTA bus! Yay for using real things for these shots.

2. If you’ve pledged to be a bone marrow donor or are considering it, PLEASE don’t let this ep turn you off of it! Under normal circumstances, you’re either completely out under general anesthesia (if they do the suck it out of your pelvis method like they did here) or relaxing in a hospital bed while your blood is taken from one arm, processed for stem cells, and returned into the other through a continuous process. (“Relaxing” may be a stretch, because you have to remain perfectly still.)

The bone marrow removal process is not painful. You could donate a part of yourself and save a life! And you’re still alive! See Be The Match (bethematch.org) for how to register.

i donated bone marrow for a toddler through the harvesting method in this ep. Stanford Hospital was not under quarantine :D so I had general anesthesia was out like a light. It was uncomfortable to squat, but I did an all-day event two days later with no problem other than lots of bruises on my arms from numerous blood draws.

I wish the script had included “normally you’d be completely out...” so as not to scare people away from donating. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Electruck said:

Two things:

1. Real San Jose street signs and a VTA bus! Yay for using real things for these shots.

2. If you’ve pledged to be a bone marrow donor or are considering it, PLEASE don’t let this ep turn you off of it! Under normal circumstances, you’re either completely out under general anesthesia (if they do the suck it out of your pelvis method like they did here) or relaxing in a hospital bed while your blood is taken from one arm, processed for stem cells, and returned into the other through a continuous process. (“Relaxing” may be a stretch, because you have to remain perfectly still.)

The bone marrow removal process is not painful. You could donate a part of yourself and save a life! And you’re still alive! See Be The Match (bethematch.org) for how to register.

i donated bone marrow for a toddler through the harvesting method in this ep. Stanford Hospital was not under quarantine :D so I had general anesthesia was out like a light. It was uncomfortable to squat, but I did an all-day event two days later with no problem other than lots of bruises on my arms from numerous blood draws.

I wish the script had included “normally you’d be completely out...” so as not to scare people away from donating. 

Yeah, from what I have heard, bone marrow donation is a walk in the park compared to a bone marrow biopsy, since I think they just give a drug like a GCSF to make a bunch of cells produced, then boom, inject it

• Love 1
On 1/19/2019 at 5:37 PM, rmontro said:

That makes sense given his condition.  But under the circumstances, asking for help with the light could have been a life saving task.

Actually, thinking about this the blame falls squarely on Andrews.  Not only did he break employment law when Shaun was hired, holding him to a higher standard than his peers, he also would be ultimately in charge of making sure that there was reasonable accommodation for Shaun's disabilities under the ADA.  There should have been protocols to manage sensory overload risk with each of his attendings during his rotations.  

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, doctor destiny said:

Actually, thinking about this the blame falls squarely on Andrews.  Not only did he break employment law when Shaun was hired, holding him to a higher standard than his peers, he also would be ultimately in charge of making sure that there was reasonable accommodation for Shaun's disabilities under the ADA.  There should have been protocols to manage sensory overload risk with each of his attendings during his rotations.  

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

• Love 3

This is why I don't like Leah.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ManicPixieDreamGirl

Let's say you're a soulful, brooding male hero, living a sheltered, emotionless existence. If only someone could come along and open your heart to the great, wondrous adventure of life...

Have no fear, the Manic Pixie Dream Girl is here to give new meaning to the male hero's life! She's stunningly attractive, energetic, high on life, full of wacky quirks and idiosyncrasies (generally including childlike playfulness), often with a touch of wild hair dye. She's inexplicably obsessed with our stuffed-shirt hero, on whom she will focus her kuh-razy antics until he learns to live freely and love madly.

It's boring, unimaginative, and painfully one-dimensional.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 7

I really kept waiting for the new mother to suddenly code while she was holding her baby and die.

Fiona's husband looks so much better with his hair like it was in this episode. He should wear it that way in his real life. I did figure he was going to be the one who lives as soon as he said he'd be okay with dying.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2
On 1/23/2019 at 6:26 AM, Toaster Strudel said:

This is why I don't like Leah.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ManicPixieDreamGirl

It's boring, unimaginative, and painfully one-dimensional.

Then I think you will like this :)  ...I do think the writers know this about Lea and the trope.  They are a pretty seasoned lot.  The most interesting facet of the story to me is how Shaun changes her, not the other way round.  

• Love 1

I just got around to watching this episode and the one thing that annoyed me was that there was a second nurse in the ER, why couldn't she do CPR on the baby? She conveniently disappeared during that scene so Park's son could do it.

Also, the thought of a needle tip breaking off and traveling to the heart freaks me out a lot more than anything else that happened here.

• Love 1