Type keyword(s) to search

LMAO!: Hilarious Movie Moments

• Start Topic

Black Panther has several funny moments, courtesy of King T’Challa’s sister Shuri & his rival M'Baku:

Spoiler

When an injured Agent Ross shows up in the lab, Shuri calls him "Another broken White boy for me to fix," & her calling him a "colonizer," in reference to the Whites who colonized/enslaved Africans back in the day & M'Bàku's interrupting a conversation with "Are you done?" & warning Ross that if he interrupted again that he would kill Ross & feed him to his children, only to say, "Just kidding; I'm vegetarian."

• Love 6

Deadpool 2 had plenty of LOL moments but the two best ones were:

1) Wade having to regrow his bottom half after being ripped in two by Juggernaunt and everyone, including Cable's horrified reaction to his messed up baby legs and penis!

2) The credits scene of Wade going back in time to save Vanessa, Peter, himself from the Wolverine movie, and the world from Green Lantern.

• Love 2

We've been talking about how great The Wedding Singer is in the Romantic Comedies thread, and there are just so many funny parts, including Jon Lovitz' rendition of "Ladies' Night". Not to mention: "He's losing his mind....and I'm reaping all the benefits!" *evil smile as he slowly retreats behind the curtain*

• Love 13

I didn't love Inside Out as much as other people did, but I did think it was quite clever and had a few funny moments. This was my favorite.  I just saw it the other day on TV, after having not seen it in a long time, and I still laughed out loud:

• Love 3
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Speaking of Trading Places...this always makes me laugh. Well, that and when the real gorilla decides to make Gleason's fake gorilla her love slave!

Eddie's fake strangled voice is freaking hilarious. And how about this moment?

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

$9.96 for Bluray edition! Arriving on Sunday!

Hurray!  And in the meantime, here's another!

I love how he at first pulls out a pork chop/whatever instead of a gun XD

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 4

I couldn’t wait until tomorrow! I rented this on my cable last night!😆😆🤪🤪🤪🤪 So very very FUNNY!!! I blame y’all for posting those clips!!! 

Love the way Eddie’s Billy Ray says “A dollah” when Louis asked how much the Dukes had bet. Followed by Louis’ precise “One.Dollar.”😂😂😂😂

I still don’t understand the business of buying and selling, though. Guess I’m just stoopid.

I’m hoping the Blu-ray will have bloopers-since the end credits looked like they did.

Eddie was hitting his peak when this came out. Proving his talent wasn’t just limited to the sketches he did on Saturday Night Live. I really thought he’d have a longer career, he was that funny and talented.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I still don’t understand the business of buying and selling, though. Guess I’m just stoopid.

That's okay, I don't get it either.

"Motherfucker? Moi?" 😂😂😂😂😂😂

God, Eddie was so hilarious. What the hell happened?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I've tried and tried to figure it out, and even had people who do get it try to explain it to me, but I don't get it, either. 

1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

God, Eddie was so hilarious. What the hell happened?

He probably got distracted by his 47 children.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 12/8/2018 at 4:20 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I couldn’t wait until tomorrow! I rented this on my cable last night!😆😆🤪🤪🤪🤪 So very very FUNNY!!! I blame y’all for posting those clips!!! 

Same here!  After looking at all the clips I decided I couldn't wait for it to show up on basic cable the way I usually do.  😆  

In addition to the clips posted above I had to laugh at just about the entire train scene, despite all its problematic bits.  Jamie Lee Curtis' horrendous Swedish accent and her "Ja, from Sveden" when she gets called on it, Al Franken's bit part as the baggage handler, and Beeks' final comeuppance when he gets locked in with the gorilla are all still really amusing to me.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Rose Quartz said:

Same here!  After looking at all the clips I decided I couldn't wait for it to show up on basic cable the way I usually do.  😆  

In addition to the clips posted above I had to laugh at just about the entire train scene, despite all its problematic bits.  Jamie Lee Curtis' horrendous Swedish accent and her "Ja, from Sveden" when she gets called on it, Al Franken's bit part as the baggage handler, and Beeks' final comeuppance when he gets locked in with the gorilla are all still really amusing to me.

It's all very hilarious. And the blu-ray has "making of" the movie. I wish there was more Eddie Murphy in it though. Some interesting trivia: initially they wanted Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor for this movie; even after casting Dan, they still wanted Pryor; the suits? Paramount? weren't too keen on Eddie because he was still an unknown; 48 Hours had just come out. They weren't too keen on Dan because his one movie tanked. But Landis ignored them and cast these two. Ameche wasn't sure if he could say the word "Fuck" and told all the extras in that scene that they had to do it one take! And Jamie Lee Curtis said when Eddie's Billy Ray said "MotherFucker? Moi?" that was it. That was the whole movie. I was hoping for a blooper reel, but no such luck. Would have preferred it to the featurette with the real life commodities traders, who droned on and on about what they do. But there is one promo where Dan and Eddie are improvising and riffing off each other, which is a delight.

• Love 3
On 12/6/2018 at 5:28 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Eddie's fake strangled voice is freaking hilarious. And how about this moment?

Mariah Carey incorporated Eddie's lines from this movie into a new song of hers, "Giving Me Life".

• Love 1

Aquaman had a lot of funny moments but my favorite had to be when Arthur and his dad are at the bar when a bunch of these biker dudes come up to them, asking rather menacingly if he's the "fishboy". You think they're about to throw down...only it turns out that all they want is a selfie. Arthur kindly obliges...and then comes a montage of photos taken of all of them getting shitfaced and partying. Classic!

• Love 7

I finally got around to watching Into the Spider-Verse and I laughed so hard at Peter Noir's intro - "Sometimes I let matches burn down to my finger tips just to feel something, anything." Cut to the flame flickering out before it reaches his finger tips and he groans at his failure. It was just perfect.

• Love 5

I just saw Into the Spider-verse myself yesterday, and absolutely everything where Miles was trying to figure out why his hands were so "sticky", said hand getting caught in Gwen's hair, racing across New York, with an unconscious Peter B. Parker over his shoulder, had me 😂🤣And Peter B. telling MJ about how she "deserved" bread, with Gwen tugging him back, telling him she wasn't his MJ. And of course the post credit scene with the two Spideys pointing fingers at each other and the cop looking confused.

• Love 3

To continue Spider-Verse

Miles (thinking): "Play dumb."
Miles (talking): "Who's Morales?"
Miles (thinking): "Not that dumb!"

Peter B: "We taught him that, right?"
Gwen: "I didn't teach him that.  And you definitely didn't."

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 2

More from Into the Spider-Verse:

• The Spider-Man Christmas album
  • "This is going to take a while." *Doc Ock gets hit by a truck* "Never mind."
  • Spider-Ham dropping an anvil on Scorpion.
  • Spider-Man Noir's farewell: "I love you all. I'm uh...taking this cube with me. I don't understand it...but I will."
  • Spider-Ham saying "That's all folks" and Peter wondering "Is he allowed to say that's? Legally?" 😂😂😂😂
  • Love 2

I just watched this again over the weekend, and can't remember if I mentioned it here.

In Bend it Like Beckham, which has a lot of HILARIOUS moments, the scene when Juliet's mother accuses Jessie of being a lesbian, at her sister's wedding--in front of ALL her relatives, just has me giphy.gif

And then one of her great aunts saying: "Lesbian? Her birthday's in March. I thought she was a Pisces" has me giphy.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

My favorite part of War of the Roses is at the end when Oliver and Barbara are laying in the shattered chandelier, dying. Oliver stretches his hand out to Barbara, touching her shoulder in one final gesture of love and forgiveness. Barbara reaches up, clasps his hand with hers, and pushes it away. Heh.

Edited by slf
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, slf said:

My favorite part of War of the Roses is at the end when Oliver and Barbara are laying in the shattered chandelier, dying. Oliver stretches his hand out to Barbara, touching her shoulder in one final gesture of love and forgiveness. Barbara reaches up, clasps his hand with hers, and pushes it away. Heh.

omg, I loved that. I went to see this movie at the theater and I was cracking up all the way through it and at this scene at the end I just lost it. I got some looks from the other movie-goers. I was the only person in the theater that was laughing. Whatevs, humorless 80s peeps. I've always loved me some dark comedy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

So many moments in Avengers Endgame come to mind, but one I don't have to put in spoiler tags is Hulk throwing a tantrum when the Avengers make him take the stairs instead of the elevator.

The spoiler ones

Tony making fun of how past Steve's ass looked in the old costume, and Scott defending it as "America's ass". Then after Steve fights and knocks out his past self, he remarks, "That  is America's ass!" 😂😂😂

Fat Thor

Tony calling Rocket a build-a-bear

Rhodey and Nebula observing Past Peter Quill dancing: "So he's an idiot." "Yes."

"So Back to the Future is a bunch of bullshit?!"

The test run of the time machine with baby Scott and old man Scott

Edited by Spartan Girl
Tony not Scott
  • Love 7

I'll put this in spoiler tags since the movie has only been out a few weeks, but in Detective Pickachu:

Spoiler

The entire scene with the mime was priceless.  I got a really good laugh out of that one.

• Love 3
On 6/20/2014 at 4:05 AM, Jeebus Cripes said:

"Putting on the Ritz" from Young Frankenstein made me laugh so hard the first time I saw it. I was just not expecting that from the monster. I should have, but I didn't.

One of the funniest movie scenes ever - period!!!

• Love 5
On 7/28/2014 at 12:31 PM, BatmanBeatles said:

It never fails to crack me up when Adam Sandler has a mental breakdown singing at a wedding in The Wedding Singer.

"Cindy and Scott are newlyweds! Whoopee-dee-doo!"

True story - at my sister's wedding reception, she had her friends who weren't in the wedding party seated at Table 9. They were in on the joke and were honored to be "the mutants at Table 9". LOL!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

The new Aladdin had a ton of hilarious moments, chief among them Prince Ali's disastrous introduction to Jasmine and the Sultan in which he rambled like an idiot.

But another that got me laughing was when Genie was delivering flowers to Jasmine's handmaiden Dalia, and thinking they're for the princess, she replied sweetly, "They're beautiful.  She will hate them." 

• LOL 4
(edited)

We watched What We Do In the Shadows last night and both scenes with the werewolves were hysterical.  Actually, it had a lot of funny scenes, but those were my favorites.

Edited by Shannon L.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

From the movie Tora! Tora! Tora! About the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor told from both sides

A woman pilot is teaching her student when suddenly their surrounded by a whole bunch of Japanese planes. She looks around a moment in disbelief and then tells her student she's taking over and nosedives them out of there.

The Navy Band is playing the Star Spangle Banner there's two hilarious scenes 

1. Captain Logan Ramsey and another man are saluting from the base when a plane flies over and he tells the other man he wants that pilot's number so he can report him for safety violations. That plane then drops the torpedo and they see 

2. Up until that point there was a rule either Navy or Military that once you started playing the National Anthem you had to finished unless they were physically unable to do. They started playing just before the attack and well had to continue since they weren't physically unable to do so but soon would be if they stayed out there much longer, so they played as fasted as they could before taking cover. That rule was scrapped after Pearl Harbor. 

• Love 1

Once Upon A Time in Hollywood: The quick cut to drunk Leo floating in his pool with the headphones on singing to "Snoopy and the Red Baron" made me laugh.  It's one of my favorite songs and seeing it show up in that movie was hilarious.

• Love 4

I don't think I saw this posted in here, but it's one scene that never fails to make me🤣🤣🤣

In Ghost, when Sam goes back to Oda Mae and all these other ghosts are there. Oda Mae is talking to Ortisha, who's trying to reach Orlando. And when Sam shows up, Oda Mae asks him what the hell did he do? Orlando, tired of waiting, jumps into Oda Mae's body and...well, here's the clip...much funnier than anything I could write!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't think I saw this posted in here, but it's one scene that never fails to make me🤣🤣🤣

In Ghost, when Sam goes back to Oda Mae and all these other ghosts are there. Oda Mae is talking to Ortisha, who's trying to reach Orlando. And when Sam shows up, Oda Mae asks him what the hell did he do? Orlando, tired of waiting, jumps into Oda Mae's body and...

Hilarious.  I also love the part where Sam is torturing Oda Mae with his rendition of "I, Henry VIII, I am" complete with a fake Cockney accent.

Man, I miss Swayze...

• Love 7
On 10/17/2019 at 12:19 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Hilarious.  I also love the part where Sam is torturing Oda Mae with his rendition of "I, Henry VIII, I am" complete with a fake Cockney accent.

Man, I miss Swayze...

He could be hilarious-- even while wearing a serious, almost stoic face. 

• Love 4

I am SO happy to see so much Soapdish love!! (I looked up the trivia section on IMDB and was SHOCKED to see that apparently Kevin Spacey was the voice of Adam on the answering machine!!)

I'm almost positive my favorite part has not been mentioned. Short and sweet (NSFW):

• Love 7

Sorry to have to reply to myself, but two more moments.

First, Dogma. I adore this move so much!! I had just lost my beloved Maw-Maw when this came out, and it was the first thing that made me laugh. Particularly when Carlin came out as the Cardinal. I almost peed my pants! The part right after where Matt Damon sells "The Walrus and the Carpenter" as an allusion to organized religion is brilliant as well.

Little Shop of Horrors. One of my fave movies of all time and THIS might be my favorite scene of all time.

• Love 5

Today's the 34th anniversary of the release of Clue the movie.  The whole movie is basically one long hilarious movie moment, but the crown jewel of it is this specific line.  How the hell it didn't make the AFI 100 Movie Quotes is a crime.

Edited by bmoore4026
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, bmoore4026 said:

Today's the 34th anniversary of the release of Clue the movie.  The whole movie is basically one long hilarious movie moment.  But the crown jewel of it is this specific line.  How the hell it didn't make the AFI 100 Movie Quotes is a crime.

Wasn’t that an ad lib because she forgot her line?  I love to use that line when someone makes me mad.

• Love 5
On 7/29/2019 at 12:14 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Once Upon A Time in Hollywood: The quick cut to drunk Leo floating in his pool with the headphones on singing to "Snoopy and the Red Baron" made me laugh.  It's one of my favorite songs and seeing it show up in that movie was hilarious.

I think he is so good in that movie.  I didn't like the movie, but his performance is sublime.  He's so insecure and mercurial.  Great job

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Luckylyn said:

Wasn’t that an ad lib because she forgot her line?  I love to use that line when someone makes me mad.

She didn't forget her line.  She and the director decided to have her ad lib something close to how it was originally meant to be  but with her little Madeline Kahn spin on it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2