Type keyword(s) to search

LMAO!: Hilarious Movie Moments

• Start Topic

And of course, Jane Fonda proudly exclaiming: "I smoke pot!"

And she's into M&M's.

I actually watched 9 to 5 due to being snowed in, and I love the hospital worker who finds the body the ladies took back to the hospital after they realized it wasn't Mr. Hart.

"Hey, Vera, we got another stiff in the john....."

She only has that one line, but the "Oh shit, not again..." way she delivers it makes me die laughing.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 2

How about the train scene in Trading Places when Eddie Murphy, Dan Aykroyd, Denholm Ellliott, and Jamie Lee Curtis all wear those kooky disguises to trick Clarence Beeks?  That whole sequence was just so hilarious, even though the blackface part was wrong on many levels.

• Love 2

A couple from Legally Blonde

Emmett: Did you take Mrs. Windham on a date?

Enrique: Yes.

Emmett: Where?

Enrique: A restaurant in Concord, where no one could recognize us.

Emmett: How long have you been sleeping with Mrs. Windham?

Enrique: Three months.

Emmett: And your boyfriend's name is...

Enrique: Chuck.

Emmett: Right.

Enrique Pardon me, pardon me. I thought you said friend; Chuck is just a friend.

Chuck (who's in the courtroom): YOU BITCH!

Callahan: Do you think she just woke up one morning and said "I think I'll go to law school today"?

• Love 3

My favorite line from LB is, "Don't tap your little last season Prada shoes at me, honey." Followed by Elle's quiet and indignant, "These shoes aren't last season."

And, "Oh, Elle... My snap was all over the place."

And, "Oh my God, the bend and snap! Works every time."

Ah, the little things. 

• Love 2

I loved every word out of Ali Larter's mouth in Legally Blonde. I thought she stole the movie.

Callahan: He was 34 years older than you. That doesn't look so good to a jury.

Brooke: Then show them a picture of his dick. That might clear a few things up.

Brooke: I was getting... [whispers] liposuction.

Elle: What?

Brooke: [whispers a little louder] Liposuction.

Elle: What?

Brooke: LIPOSUCTION!

Elle: [gasps] NO!

Brooke: Yes! I know I'm a fraud, but its not like normal women could have this ass!

Brooke: You know a Delta Nu would never sleep with a man who wears a thong.

Elle: Never!

Brooke: I just liked to watch him change the filter.

• Love 5

There are SO many good lines in Legally Blonde.  I've always been partial to:

"Because isn't the first cardinal rule of perm maintenance that you're forbidden to wet your hair for at least 24 hours after getting a perm at the risk of deactivating the immonium thygocolate?" 

"Oh, I like your costume too!  But when I dress up as a frigid bitch, I try not to look so constipated."

"Did you see him? He's probably still scratching his head."
"Yeah, which must be a nice vacation for his balls."

"My LUCKY scrunchie. It helped me pass Spanish."
"You passed Spanish because you gave Professor Montoya a lap dance after the final."

" Yeah... Luckily!"

• Love 2

Saw Sex Tape last night for the first time...Jesus, this movie had me kee-keeing.

As part of a couple (winks coyly at Mr. Stud), I related to Annie and Jay in terms of sex....from fucking like rabbits to actually making a date to when you will make love next, Cameron Diaz and Jason Segel had me howling.

• Love 2

Some of my favorite funny moments result from an actor's delivery of a line that on paper, isn't particularly funny.

From My Big Fat Greek Wedding "What do you mean he don't eat no meat?!"

From Waiting to Exhale "You raggedy bitch!"

From Half Baked "Yes, Cuban B!"

• Love 1

I've been in love with Foul Play since it came out, and since I was a kid then, the naughty old ladies were one of my favorite parts.

As a side note, because I watched Foul Play so much more often than Saturday Night Fever, I tend to associate Stayin' Alive more with the former; to this day, when I hear it, I am liable to get my Gloria on and exclaim, "Stanley!"

• Love 3

I've been in love with Foul Play since it came out, and since I was a kid then, the naughty old ladies were one of my favorite parts.

As a side note, because I watched Foul Play so much more often than Saturday Night Fever, I tend to associate Stayin' Alive more with the former; to this day, when I hear it, I am liable to get my Gloria on and exclaim, "Stanley!"

Same here. I also associate Stayin' Alive with Airplane.

On that same vein, Barry Manilow's Ready to Take a Chance Again makes me want to drive up the Pacific Coast Highway to San Francisco a la Foul Play's opening title sequence.

• Love 2

Oh Dudley Moore, you are sorely missed.

• Love 3

How about Tommy Boy?  So many hilarious moments to pick from, but I'll narrow them down to three:

Richard and Tommy blubbering and singing along to the Carpenters.

When Richard goes to Tommy's room to tell them they made their sale quota and Tommy drops his blanket so that he's standing in his little bitty underwear "Oh Richard I'm so happy hold me...DON"T WALK AWAY FROM YOUR FEELINGS!"  (Even more hilarious was the outtake on the DVD where Chris Farley wasn't wearing underwear.  LMAO!)

And of course when Richard's hidden toupee gets blown off his head.

• Love 3

My Big Fat Greek Wedding is full of sweet, funny moments. Andrea Martin really kills it, though.

I love the Bundt cake with the flower in the middle.

I was the token WASP in an otherwise predominantly "multicultural" school -- I was the odd one out for NOT going to Greek or Italian classes.  My family laughed our heads off at the bundt cake scene.  Although, we would never have been so clueless going to a Greek family event!!

• Love 1

How about Tommy Boy? So many hilarious moments to pick from, but I'll narrow them down to three:

Richard and Tommy blubbering and singing along to the Carpenters.

When Richard goes to Tommy's room to tell them they made their sale quota and Tommy drops his blanket so that he's standing in his little bitty underwear "Oh Richard I'm so happy hold me...DON"T WALK AWAY FROM YOUR FEELINGS!" (Even more hilarious was the outtake on the DVD where Chris Farley wasn't wearing underwear. LMAO!)

And of course when Richard's hidden toupee gets blown off his head.

I'm always a sucker for "Fat guy in a little coat"..it's fun to just sing at random sometimes lol

• Love 6

It's almost embarrassing how often I will quote the entire "butcher's ass" sequence:

Tommy: Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?
Customer: What? I'm failing to make the connection here.
Tommy: No, I mean is, you can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a butcher's ass... No, wait. It's gotta be your bull.

I also love the part where Tommy is doing the entire bit about the car crash with the customer's model car.

• Love 1

I'm always a sucker for "Fat guy in a little coat"..it's fun to just sing at random sometimes lol

I read that the "Fat guy in a little coat" was something Chris Farley used to do with David Spade while they were working in their joint office in SNL.  And yes, it's still funny, as well as his "Jojo the idiot circus boy and his pretty little pet" rant.

I also get a big laugh out of the two of them getting out of a speeding ticket by pretending that they were being attacked by killer bees.

Everything in Tommy Boy is amazing. I took a TV/film class in college and on the first day our professor asked everybody to name their favorite movie. Everybody was naming like Oscar-caliber movies like The Godfather, etc. And it comes to me, and I'm just like "Tommy Boy" and suddenly everyone is kind of like "Oh well, yeah same but I wasn't sure that was appropriate". Tommy Boy is always appropriate IMO. So many great moments, but one that hasn't been mentioned that I loved isn't even Chris Farley or David Spade, but Tommy's girlfriend:

"Hey lady, there's a beached whale on your boat! FREE WILLYYYYY!"

"I know where you live and I've seen where you sleep and I swear to GOD your mothers will cry when they see what I've done to you!" heh.

Also, this exchange from Clueless has to be mentioned:

"My plastic surgeon doesn't want me doing any activity where balls fly at my nose"

"Well there goes your social life"

• Love 3
(edited)

22 Jump Street: Jenko's reaction to Schmit sleeping with the Captain's daughter.  Channing Tatum running, laughing, screaming hysterically, high-fiving the others, and taunting "Schmidt fucked the Captain's daughter!" made the whole movie.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 4

I haven't seen the sequel yet, but there were parts of 21 Jump Street that made me laugh so hard that I cried.  The entire part where they first go back to high school is hysterical to me, especially when Jenko punches that one kid.

"I didn't punch him because he was gay, I punched him and then he turned out to be gay."

"I was gay when you punched me!"

"So really, it would've been a hate crime NOT to punch you"

And then the entire scene after they take HFS and are trying to throw it up.  Good lord, that movie was a pleasant surprise. 

• Love 3

Two moments from The Lion King that I still find hilarious to this day:

Timon's "What do you want me to do, dress in drag and do the hula?!" and the dance that follows

And:

"They CALL me MISTER PIG!!"

Apparently, that was an improvised line by Nathan Lane.  I love that they then incorporated the dance into the movie.  

• Love 2

I just finished watching Foul Play after seeing it discussed in this thread, and I was crying with laughter while watching Burgess Meredith kung-fu fighting with Rachel Roberts, especially when he ended up throwing her into the piano and slamming the lid shut.

"She was one tough mama!"

• Love 2

The scene in Spy where Melissa McCarthy hops onto the motor scooter and it just ... falls over.  I laughed the most, I think, in that scene, and I laughed basically through the whole movie.  Also when the bats invade the basement and the analyst puts a blanket over McCarthy's head while she's trying to deal with Jude Law in the field.

• Love 4

This isn't a completely hysterical ROTFL scene, but in Return to Me I always laugh at the gentleman who keeps telling everyone he made the large, anonymous donation to the zoo. He is played by John Cusack's father and is adorable. When he stops one employee and tells him he made a large donation and the employee responds in all sweetness, "Oh, you mean the anonymous one?" I always chuckle.

• Love 1
(edited)

In Gladiator, when Joaquin Phoenix is watching the first match in the Colosseum, his gestures and faces are priceless. He does this little crazy woo-ooh with hand gestures while the good guys are beating the crap out of the champions, sticks his tongue out, etc. I know he's the villain but I laugh my ass off during that battle because of his reactions. Gladiator is on Netflix and although I can't figure out the point of the movie, it's one of my favorites.

Edited by turbogirlnyc
  • Love 1

So, Collateral is very clearly not a comedy, and yet there's one moment that just made me burst out laughing. Near the end, when Jamie Foxx and Jada Pinkett get on the subway, half-crawling into the car because Tom Cruise is right on their heels, they're obviously dodging for their lives. And yet when they move to sit down, the camera shot includes this other passenger holding a book, and the other passenger never looks up. Gotta love New York.

Some of my favourite hilarious moments are unexpected, sort of low-key ones. Like in Inside Out, when they're in Imagination Land and Trophy Town where "everyone's a winner!" - Bing Bong scores a goal, wins 'first prize' and gets a bunch of trophies, and so does Joy without even doing anything, and then you see Sadness with just a little ribbon and she sighs, "Aw, participation award." I don't know what that was so funny to me, but it just made me literally cackle.

• Love 2

I don't much care for the rest of the film, but the first and last parts of the scene in Bruce Almighty where Bruce uses his powers to cause Steve Carell's obnoxious anchor character to make a total ass of himself on the air make me laugh until my stomach aches.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 4