Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Old Habits Die Hard

• Start Topic

I’ve been watch this show for a while just to laugh and make fun of all of the people on the show, but now I’m going in with my assessment. Is it just me, or is

Ashley a fat, enormous whale who is ugly af? I can’t understand how any guy would want to knock that ratchet bitch up. Heather is a dramatic bitch who has zero social skills, and thinks she’s hotter than she is, which is like a 2/10 at best.

Buddy, well, he’s just a mild jog away from collapsing with his loud mouth breaths when he talks and a gut that hangs over his dick like Peter Griffin. He’s a bum with zero future. 

Her parents are still holding her hand like helicopters parents, too involved in her life and vices-versa, and are huge enablers for her elephant-like figure. 

Todd is the only one that I like because he tells Whitney the truth and doesn’t care if he hurts her feelings or not. He doesn’t sugarcoat anything like the others mentioned above that kiss her ass to think being that morbidly obese is alright. 

Whitney is a overly emotional drama cow who loves sticking her big, fat face into other people’s business and mooching off of her parents. She’s a 35 year old loser who uses a make-believe “condition” as an excuse for being fat af. Believe in PCOS is just like saying Shrek is real. She weighs 340? Lmao give me a break! She’s at least 450. She’s a joke and so is this entire show. The sooner she has a heart attack and kicks the bucket, the better. We need fewer and fewer people like her on this earth. 

God bless you all and enjoy your day!

• Love 5

It annoys me that they all find it so odd that Ashley (who works a full time job and has a little baby to take care of) doesn't want to hang out with them like she used to.  "Oh my God she must be depressed!!"   No maybe she's behaving like an adult and putting her priorities first?  I can't get over how juvenile Twit and company are.      Also Twit going on about how much she has to do in her life, like plan a 3 (!!) city tour and worry about all her friends who could never function on their own without her input is really getting on my nerves.  

• Love 23
1 hour ago, shouldbedancing said:

Whitney... it's not up to you. YOU are not poor Whitney, trying to control everyone's life. You want to save them all but at the same time act so ignorant... "Heather told me not to tell her about Buddy so I'm not going to tell her he's living here!" Does that make ANY sort of sense? You think you're the best friend in the world but then you fail in the most basic way.

I really think Heather needs professional help if she's still this hung up on Buddy. I mean he's not smart, he's not attractive, he's not rich, in fact he's barely employed and he's a known drug addict. Maybe he was amazing in bed? I don't know. I sure hope that's all scripted and Heather is going all out for her children's college funds.

Todd was going in on Whitney about that RV. I usually laugh a lot, I love how Todd snarks on her but at the same time it felt sort of cheap. Whitney... RV... it's too easy. They could just fly to the cities. It's a 3 city tour. Flights and hotels so Whitney won't get stuck in the toilet. The RV sales guy was really chipper and just smiled away as his clients were a whole trainwreck. When I saw them close up on the RV business's name at the end of the scene, I could understand why.

It was hilarious that the boat man just sent them out on a boat and stood there to see if they would drown silently as Whitney was thrashing and wailing. He earned his paycheck!

In my never humble opinion, Heather suffers from "rescue disease." Food addicted morbidly obese friend?  Oh, I can make her see the light and save her. Druggie douche boyfriend? Oh, the love of a good woman can save him, make him see the light and turn his life around. YOU KNOW SOMEONE LIKE THIS! Every guy/gal they get with is full-on dysfunctional and self-destructive. And when said guy/gal leaves (and you know they will) they are devastated because they have FAILED TO BE A RESCUER.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/traversing-the-inner-terrain/201104/the-rescuer-identity

Edited by Colleenna
Add link
  • Love 8

Ransom thoughts
📌 By this time everyone in Greensboro knows there's a half-naked fat woman trailed by 2-3 cameramen waddling around town. But we viewers are supposed to believe a pool party materialized just at the moment Twit needed to push Heather into getting into the dating game. REALITY, my ass.
📌 Speaking of Heather, why does she usually look like she's passing a kidney stone, esp. when she's "singing"? (Equivalent, in terms of talent, to Twit's "dancing.")

https://www.instagram.com/isntsheheather/p/Bsj7Q5aHBHO/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=ggfpgep401x3

📌 I noticed that even the cameraman is tired of Twit's swimming pool backflip followed by a handstand. He shut off his camera as she started it.
📌 Pool piggyback ride -- more ear-splitting shrieking.
📌 Twit deliberately capsized that kayak -- another shrieking op. And the whole notion that Buddy came up with this idea is ridiculous. The scriptwriter is getting more & more desperate trying to come up with things for no-talent ppl to do.
📌 If Chelsea doesn't work out, Buddy sez to Twit: "You'll be my support." Great idea, Buddy. Put your recovery in the hands of a food-addicted narcissist who thinks of nobody but herself. 
📌 And, by the way, Buddy: I'm really tired about hearing about your recovery. Go find a job or something so you have something else to talk about.
📌 The very first thing Twit sez to Chelsea when she sees her on Skype is, "you're very attractive." Tsk, tsk, Twit. Remember: we don't care about physical beauty as fat activists.
📌 I liked Babs' comment about Twit's "ridiculous looking pants." At the time Babs thought they were going out in public to feed ducks, so what she was really saying is "why do you always dress like a bag lady?" (BTW, I think this is the only real moment in the episode -- I think Babs was actually tricked.)
📌 More healthy eating, more weighing on scale. I think Twit is angling for a 7th season by trying to convince TLC she is now willing to follow the show's original premise.
📌 Buddy's belongings are in one place, viz., Donna's room. So why are Twit & Tal packing up his stuff & hiding it? Just close the damn door, ferchrissake. Do you think Heather is going to walk around your house opening all the doors to see who or what might be behind them?
📌 Twit is miffed cuz Ashley or Todd or someone told Tal about The Kiss. "It's so 7th grade," she huffs. Well, yes, dear. We've always said you're the emosh equivalent of a 12-year-old. Why wouldn't your friends treat you that way?
📌 When taking the promo photos for the BGDC tour, Twit bites Todd's ear. Then there's her recent IG photo of the same shoot where she grabs his genitals. No wonder he sez poisonous things about her when given the op in his MBFFL THs.

Spoiler

SPOILER about the tour RV -- info known to those who follow Twit's IG page.

📌 It's obvious now, if not before, why the film crew which "vandalized" the RV was very careful not to get a drop of paint anywhere but the poster. Paint on the RV itself would have cost a pretty penny in repairs.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 24

I think Heather is upset because she was with Buddy through his worst time. She put up with his late nights, odd behaviors and was with him as he started rehab. Now there is a happy nice fun healthy buddy and someone else gets him. She feels like she went through the bad time and stuck by his side and when things turn good , he dumps her. I 100% agree sober Buddy s no prize. He is or was delivering pizzas, has no savings and is having trouble adjusting to the real world.  Heather should be taking this time to find out who she is and what makes her happy and what her goals are and then find someone who can compliment her. I was with my ex when he was in med school and residency and he now makes 7 figures. People have asked me to I feel upset that I was with him during the low pay years and now he very wealthy. No sadness here! , because  I took the year after we broke up to find out what I needed and wanted and was not going to settle, My husband might not make 7 figures but he is home everyday when the kids get home from school, is with me at every doctor appointment and is home snuggling me every night. This is more important to me then money.  I don't think Heather hanging out with her high school friends like  Whitney is going to find out what she needs and wants. Whitney answer seems to be sex! If Whitney and the gang were good friends they would babysit Heather's kids for a weekend and let her go explore a hobby or meditation or something that can help he find some peace. 

I don't get the dance tour and needing an RV. She said Pittsburg, Columbus and Chicago. 3 Cities, Pittsburg to Columbus is 3 hours and Columbus to Chicago is under 6 hours. There is no need for an RV. Maybe it is because of where I live but I drive further to go to a doctor visit in a day and back! Yes 315 miles each way  to the closest doctor for my child so I leave in the morning, see the doctor and come home by evening. I don't need an RV or a Van, just my car and phone charger and a bag of snacks.  I love how her dad mentions a budget. Is Whitney charging for the class? How much does she expect to make off of 3 cities to pay for gas and RV rental and expenses, I bet she comes back in the negative. 

• Love 19
On 1/11/2019 at 7:30 PM, 3girlsforus said:

Yea - Whitney is FORCED to confront Buddy. It’s all up to Whitney. It’s completely on her shoulders. Our heroine to the rescue. What would we do without her butting her nose into everyone’s business. 

Although it's her Worst Nightmare.  Despite the fact that a professional addiction counselor is renting her second floor.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I don't get the dance tour and needing an RV. She said Pittsburg, Columbus and Chicago. 3 Cities, Pittsburg to Columbus is 3 hours and Columbus to Chicago is under 6 hours. There is no need for an RV. Maybe it is because of where I live but I drive further to go to a doctor visit in a day and back! Yes 315 miles each way  to the closest doctor for my child so I leave in the morning, see the doctor and come home by evening. I don't need an RV or a Van, just my car and phone charger and a bag of snacks.  I love how her dad mentions a budget. Is Whitney charging for the class? How much does she expect to make off of 3 cities to pay for gas and RV rental and expenses, I bet she comes back in the negative. 

I don't get that, either.  Was the thinking "we're going on a three-city tour, so we need an RV" or "We need to rent an RV to jack up the season, so let's do a three-city tour?"  And I was totally there with Todd's saying he'd meet her at the airport in each city.  Besides the rental of the RV--and Whitney needs a large one, thus more expensive--those things guzzle gas like nobody's business.  Do they really think they'll drum up enough business driving from Greensboro to Pittsburgh (or wherever the hell it is they're going) with a poster on the side of the RV (also an expense to make the poster) to pay for any part of this stupid trip?

"Whit and Todd's Merry Adventures in a Big-Ass RV" is what we're going for, I'm sure.  Anything to try to get people to continue watching.  So Todd *will* be traveling in the RV.

• Love 7

As I understand it, No Body Shaming is about loving your body (and yourself) regardless of what other people think.  Whitney started out by denying that she felt a need to lose weight; her mission was to show that a person can be obese and have a healthy, fabulous, active life anyway.  Over time, it's become clear to us students of Whitney Thore that she does indeed care--a lot--about what people think about her body, and not because of horrible incidents like being unable to get up when she fell on her skis.  She does want to lose weight, and until recently she seemed to believe she could do that by eating as much as she wanted and going to the gym for a tough workout.  Well, keeping up with that kind of workout is tough, and she didn't want to keep doing it.  Eating whatever she wants is easy, so she did keep doing that.  And she got fatter and fatter.

She had plenty of health scares and situations where she was in danger of injury because she is so fat, but those didn't seem to make a bit of difference in how much she ate.  She was ineligible to adopt a Korean child because she is too fat.  She *maybe* has PCOS, whose symptoms are made much worse by being too fat.

Now she's making sure we see how healthy her eating is, and this time she insisted on being weighed (despite the resistance of her trainer who knows that a stall in weight loss or even a temporary gain will send Whitney right back to the ice cream aisle) so we could see that she was, too, losing weight.  I'm honestly happy for her if she finally understands the relation between what she puts in her mouth and how fat she is.  I hope she is able to continue on this path.  I don't want to be able to say "I told you so," but I am 100% certain this phase will not last long enough for her to get under 300 lbs.

Why are we no longer hearing about No Body Shaming?

• Love 11
22 hours ago, KateHearts said:

...Whitney is ok lounging topless (during her "afternoon nap" as she mauls a cat) and asks Buddy to join her- and rambles about how "physical" they are- but wants to "vom" thinking of having sex with him?  

IIRC, when the scene first came on with her lying in the bed taking her nap, she called it a 'naked nap' or something, giving us the impression she was naked.  Then Buddy arrived, so it was faux-scandalous that he got in bed with a naked Whitney.  Then they started tussling or something and the sheets came off of her legs, and we saw that she had leggings on, and I could swear that she got a frantic look on her face once she realized that her legs were exposed and the lie of her not being naked was also exposed, and she hurriedly tried to rearrange the sheets to cover her legs back up.

21 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Wait. Waitwaitwaitwait. Is it this episode where she is in the kitchen preparing the veggie tray? The back-to-back episodes all blend together for me. DID NO ONE NOTICE Whitney put the entire spoon into her mouth and then continue scooping the hummus out of the container? I think I'm going to throw up. That is so disgusting.

I had been so excited when I noticed that, to come here and mention it, but you beat me to it!  Genuinely, I was stunned, that even Whitney would do something like that.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

I had been so excited when I noticed that, to come here and mention it, but you beat me to it!  Genuinely, I was stunned, that even Whitney would do something like that.

Whitney eats a bite of hummus and then uses the SAME SPOON to dish out hummus from a community container? Jesus H, she can't even keep her germs to herself! She is constantly assaulting people with her entire being. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Brooks said:

Can't we blame Babs for at least a little of this vile behavior?

I'm not sure I want to. We know -- shrinks tell us -- that our parents are very important in our early, formative years to what we become as adults.

But, as adults, we need to make appropriate choices, no matter what we may think our parents did to us.

Twit was overindulged, particularly by Glenn, not beaten or starved. And Babs is a Southern gentlewoman. Twit is crude & a sexual predator. No way is Babs to blame for that.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 13
13 hours ago, Colleenna said:

In my never humble opinion, Heather suffers from "rescue disease." Food addicted morbidly obese friend?  Oh, I can make her see the light and save her. Druggie douche boyfriend?

I have no understanding or opinion of Heather's relationship with Buddy, but I haven't seen Heather make any attempts to rescue Whitney from her junk food addiction, or her addiction to being the center of attention. Whitney seems to be the dominant/controlling one in their relationship, just as she is with her parents, Tal, Buddy, Ashley, Hunter (when he's around) her producers, and even Todd and her cats. (Although Todd sometimes strikes back, she tends to respond by seeming shocked, then ignoring it, then insisting on getting her own way, at which point he caves.)  You can even watch her in action this season when you see her with Jessica. Jessica attempts to assert herself in her role as trainer, but ends up weighing Whitney at her demand, even though she thinks it's a bad idea, agreeing to be in Whitney's exhibitionistic little videos, even though (as Whitney gloats) Jessica "hates' to do that sort of thing, and being subjected to the embarrassment of having Whitney film Jessica's boyfriend with close-ups of his butt as he works out, which Whitney then posts with the comment that Jessica is going to be so mad when she sees this!

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 5

Buddy looks like a hairy thumb, with the personality to match. The conversation about the “blow” found in the protein powder was  bs, and he forgot the script. He said he had no secret stashes left, or he cleared them out. Then he says “oh you found it in the protein powder” I guess he didn’t entirely forget, and didn’t clear them all out. It was an odd scene.

Jessica the trainer isn’t helping Whitney by supporting her narrative that she is bulimic. Whit is a binge eater who only works out on camera. Veggies covered in dip is still heavy in calories and fat. If she got her portions right she would lose weight consistently. I lost 40 pounds by portion control, and I consider myself a healthy eater. I was just eating to much healthy food. 😂

Heather needs to lighten up. Buddy isn’t some prize. He’s got a whole mess of problems that I doubt he’s going work out anytime soon. She needs to either take a break from men, or look for someone more stable, and reliable.

Tal supporting role as Whit’s cheerleader is tiresome, and repetitive.  The guy can barely hold back the smirk when he’s doing the concerned friend look.  He needs acting lessons. At least Whit can cry on command. 

How gross is it that her cats are walking  all over the kitchen counters? Ewwww

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 11
23 minutes ago, Dot said:

I'm not sure I want to. We know -- shrinks tell us -- that our parents are very important in our early, formative years to what we become as adults.

But, as adults, we need to make appropriate choices, no matter what we make think our parents did to us.

Twit was overindulged, particularly by Glenn, not beaten or starved. And Babs is a Southern gentlewoman. Twit is crude & a sexual predator. No way is Babs to blame for that.

I completely agree with this. At some point you have to be an adult. She is fully and solely responsible for her actions. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Dot said:

But, as adults, we need to make appropriate choices, no matter what we make think our parents did to us.

I was just thinking of Whit's double dipping and whether Babs would have allowed that in her kitchen.  But then families tend to share the same germs so maybe it wouldn't have bothered her.  But Babs could have drilled into Whitney she wasn't allowed to do that around anyone else.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I love how her dad mentions a budget. Is Whitney charging for the class? How much does she expect to make off of 3 cities to pay for gas and RV rental and expenses, I bet she comes back in the negative. 

I'd bet he mentions budget, because some of the money is coming from him.  I think the RV is silly too, unless she plans some backdoor business, with some fat fetishists, from the parking lots.

4 hours ago, Mothra said:

It's my Worst Nightmare

That's the name of an ID show; maybe Whit could do an episode.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Dr. Acula said:

Buddy is insufferable.  Every word out of his mouth is spoken to elicit sympathy.

Speaking as someone who is 14 months sober after 27 years, to meet me, or spend any time with me, you'd never know I may have once had an issue with alcohol.  I recognized MY problem, and fixed it.  I don't now, nor have I ever, burdened everyone around me with desperate cries of victimhood, or an exhausting need for kid-glove treatment.

He needs to shut the hell up and realize he's not special.  And get a GD job.

Congratulations on 14 months. 31 years 11 months of one day at a time for me. 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Dr. Acula said:

Buddy is insufferable.  Every word out of his mouth is spoken to elicit sympathy.

Speaking as someone who is 14 months sober after 27 years, to meet me, or spend any time with me, you'd never know I may have once had an issue with alcohol.  I recognized MY problem, and fixed it.  I don't now, nor have I ever, burdened everyone around me with desperate cries of victimhood, or an exhausting need for kid-glove treatment.

He needs to shut the hell up and realize he's not special.  And get a GD job.

Congrats on your sobriety.  I wonder if Buddy has to talk about it because it is his story? like what else does he have to talk to Whitney about? or is he really thinking about his blow and old friends all day? I'm more disappointed in Tal, who is a drug counselor. Whitney will say I think Buddy is using or going to kill himself and Tal plays right into the story line. As a drug counselor I would think he should be more factual then siding with Whitney's theory of the day. 

I wonder how Buddy is paying for life? The show? Not having a 9-5 and hanging out with his high school friends taping a show a few days here and there, I would think would make him more likely to use again. If he wants to, or feel forced to film, he should use the time to learn a new skill or trade since bartending seems to have been his only real job. A tech college has many short term certificates under a year that could get him employed in health care or construction. Not some high paying job, but a start and something to keep him busy and productive. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I love how her dad mentions a budget. Is Whitney charging for the class? How much does she expect to make off of 3 cities to pay for gas and RV rental and expenses, I bet she comes back in the negative. 

There's no fee for the BGDCs, so the whole "budget" conversation is just more baloney to give Glenn something to do in this episode. (Like the broken taillight in Ep 2.) And Babs goes to the gym to give her air time. Neither parent is very interesting or active any more, but they are fan favorites. So the producers have to dream up something to bring them into each episode.

Really repetitive:

Buddy = recovery

Heather = Buddy

Ashley = baby

Tal = domestic life partner

All the friends & fam need reboots. The same ol', same ol' story lines are worn out.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Dot said:

There's no fee for the BGDCs, so the whole "budget" conversation is just more baloney to give Glenn something to do in this episode. (Like the broken taillight in Ep 2.) And Babs goes to the gym to give her air time. Neither parent is very interesting or active any more, but they are fan favorites. So the producers have to dream up something to bring them into each episode.

Really repetitive:

Buddy = recovery

Heather = Buddy

Ashley = baby

Tal = domestic life partner

All the friends & fam need reboots. The same ol', same ol' story lines are worn out.

I agree totally. I know many people that love the parents but what story line do they have. They are nice retirees , living out their golden years comfortably. My gut says Glenn would love to have a story line that helps Whitney really lose weight but she would never agree. Glenn loves Whitney so much and I think he really wants to know when he passes she will be healthier. But I guess might love or give in to her too much to be part of these silly stories. 

What is the brother doing now? He seems to be living with the parents after living in NY. Kind of sad that Glenn and Babs, had good resources to educate and help their kids get a start in life and they have 2 dependent kids in their 30's. 

• Love 10
17 hours ago, Dot said:

Ransom thoughts
📌 By this time everyone in Greensboro knows there's a half-naked fat woman trailed by 2-3 cameramen waddling around town. But we viewers are supposed to believe a pool party materialized just at the moment Twit needed to push Heather into getting into the dating game. REALITY, my ass.
📌 Speaking of Heather, why does she usually look like she's passing a kidney stone, esp. when she's "singing"? (Equivalent, in terms of talent, to Twit's "dancing.")

https://www.instagram.com/isntsheheather/p/Bsj7Q5aHBHO/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=ggfpgep401x3

📌 I noticed that even the cameraman is tired of Twit's swimming pool backflip followed by a handstand. He shut off his camera as she started it.
📌 Pool piggyback ride -- more ear-splitting shrieking.
📌 Twit deliberately capsized that kayak -- another shrieking op. And the whole notion that Buddy came up with this idea is ridiculous. The scriptwriter is getting more & more desperate trying to come up with things for no-talent ppl to do.
📌 If Chelsea doesn't work out, Buddy sez to Twit: "You'll be my support." Great idea, Buddy. Put your recovery in the hands of a food-addicted narcissist who thinks of nobody but herself. 
📌 And, by the way, Buddy: I'm really tired about hearing about your recovery. Go find a job or something so you have something else to talk about.
📌 The very first thing Twit sez to Chelsea when she sees her on Skype is, "you're very attractive." Tsk, tsk, Twit. Remember: we don't care about physical beauty as fat activists.
📌 I liked Babs' comment about Twit's "ridiculous looking pants." At the time Babs thought they were going out in public to feed ducks, so what she was really saying is "why do you always dress like a bag lady?" (BTW, I think this is the only real moment in the episode -- I think Babs was actually tricked.)
📌 More healthy eating, more weighing on scale. I think Twit is angling for a 7th season by trying to convince TLC she is now willing to follow the show's original premise.
📌 Buddy's belongings are in one place, viz., Donna's room. So why are Twit & Tal packing up his stuff & hiding it? Just close the damn door, ferchrissake. Do you think Heather is going to walk around your house opening all the doors to see who or what might be behind them?
📌 Twit is miffed cuz Ashley or Todd or someone told Tal about The Kiss. "It's so 7th grade," she huffs. Well, yes, dear. We've always said you're the emosh equivalent of a 12-year-old. Why wouldn't your friends treat you that way?
📌 When taking the promo photos for the BGDC tour, Twit bites Todd's ear. Then there's her recent IG photo of the same shoot where she grabs his genitals. No wonder he sez poisonous things about her when given the op in his MBFFL THs.

Hide contents

SPOILER about the tour RV -- info known to those who follow Twit's IG page.

📌 It's obvious now, if not before, why the film crew which "vandalized" the RV was very careful not to get a drop of paint anywhere but the poster. Paint on the RV itself would have cost a pretty penny in repairs.

You DO have a way with words!!😂😂

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Dot said:

Ransom thoughts

Yikes!  After watching that instagram post, I have a new perspective:  I think they are all a bunch of performing arts school misfits who have found unlikely fame and are going to ride it to the end.  No "storyline" will be too demeaning.  No wonder Todd hates her - he was in on the original Fat Girl Dancing thing and now she acts like she's his boss all the time!  She didn't even take him to Fat Boy Dancing in California!

• Love 8
19 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

It annoys me that they all find it so odd that Ashley (who works a full time job and has a little baby to take care of) doesn't want to hang out with them like she used to.  "Oh my God she must be depressed!!"   No maybe she's behaving like an adult and putting her priorities first?  I can't get over how juvenile Twit and company are.      Also Twit going on about how much she has to do in her life, like plan a 3 (!!) city tour and worry about all her friends who could never function on their own without her input is really getting on my nerves.  

I don't get how she can worry about all her friends but also make it all about her

remember ashley having the baby and how she was obsessive about holding the leg. ashley - this is not all about you whitney.  truth bomb mind blown. this season whitney I want a baby but does not pay attention to ashley baby for the 1 hour she is there, ashley has to snatch her up, god whitney can't you give your friend a break or at least put up an appearance for the cameras

• Love 3
1 hour ago, silverspoons said:

I agree totally. I know many people that love the parents but what story line do they have. They are nice retirees , living out their golden years comfortably. My gut says Glenn would love to have a story line that helps Whitney really lose weight but she would never agree. Glenn loves Whitney so much and I think he really wants to know when he passes she will be healthier. But I guess might love or give in to her too much to be part of these silly stories. 

What is the brother doing now? He seems to be living with the parents after living in NY. Kind of sad that Glenn and Babs, had good resources to educate and help their kids get a start in life and they have 2 dependent kids in their 30's. 

I want to know what is hunters story that drew him to this shit show.  I thought a read on here somewhere he came home because he was an addicted to something,  want to know because a. I need a life b. this is so much more interesting than mine c. trying to decide if this family should be an anthropologiCal study on dysfunction d. research for my expensive self help home study course for rich helicopter parents with non functional children. Dr phil and rehab should not be the only people getting rich off of this shit.

3 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Congrats on your sobriety.  I wonder if Buddy has to talk about it because it is his story? like what else does he have to talk to Whitney about? or is he really thinking about his blow and old friends all day? I'm more disappointed in Tal, who is a drug counselor. Whitney will say I think Buddy is using or going to kill himself and Tal plays right into the story line. As a drug counselor I would think he should be more factual then siding with Whitney's theory of the day. 

I wonder how Buddy is paying for life? The show? Not having a 9-5 and hanging out with his high school friends taping a show a few days here and there, I would think would make him more likely to use again. If he wants to, or feel forced to film, he should use the time to learn a new skill or trade since bartending seems to have been his only real job. A tech college has many short term certificates under a year that could get him employed in health care or construction. Not some high paying job, but a start and something to keep him busy and productive. 

are they all just saying their lines?

• Love 1

Whitney is an awful friend to Heather. She is taking so much delight in the fact that Buddy is treating (the skinnier more attractive) Heather like garbage. Whitney is the one setting Heather back in her healing with all the snarky comments and inappropriate relationship with "Boo Bear".  I hope after she watches this season she is done with both of them for good.

• Love 13
On 1/15/2019 at 8:19 PM, Donut Bear said:

What was the job?  Did not know he had one and if so, how long?  A week or two?

He was delivering pizza part time in D.C. In this episode he makes a BIG deal about how he didn't give them proper notice of leaving the job.  For god's sake you are a part.time.pizza.deliveryguy.  He is such a gross slob but face it Heather has the self-esteem of a throw pillow.  She seems to have no interests or hobbies (none of them do) and she tells pool  party guy she doesn't leave her house.  She is majorly f*#ked up if she is devastated by the loss of Buddy - I suppose it gives her someone to blame for her miserable non-life.  I also note that during Twitney and Buddy's boating outing neither of them actually paddle more than 10 seconds...they are both such out of shape losers.

On 1/16/2019 at 6:51 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

YES I was surprised it wasn't mentioned it was disgusting.

Plus her cat is shown on counter licking something out of the blue bowl which held said dip.  So a double dip of disgusting...

Edited by afishcalledwanda
  • Love 7

I've noticed everyone around Whitney keeps getting bigger and bigger EXCEPT the two gay men.  Buddy: check.  Ashley: check.  Heather: even she has started to gain weight.  Babs: check.   Spending inordinate amounts of time with a food addict is bad for everyone.  Whitney constantly has food at her disposal and is in a feeding frenzy at all times.  Even now that the story line is about her new healthy eating habits there ALWAYS has to be food...if she's at a friend's she is eating apple and cheese; or veggies and dip NOTHING happens for her unless it is food centric.  I don't care if it is now "healthier" food:  Too much healthy food still equals weight gain and you could become obese eating "good" foods particularly drenched in dressing/dip - cheese is very high calorie.  Bad eating habits can rub off on other people; also if you are much smaller by comparison probably easy to justify a few or a lot of extra pounds.  Twitney is just a toxic, toxic person and I would have shunted her out of my life within 3 seconds.  There doesn't seem to be an adult among the whole "cast" and I include Babs and Daddy because if you are THAT involved in a 35 year old child's life you are co-dependent and have failed as a parent.  What close to middle aged woman needs her Dad to figure out how much an RV rental costs?  What is she doing with any money from the show?  Last episode she said she was going to "put a pin in it" once she found out egg harvesting cost $12,500.  Most important thing for egg harvesting is age of eggs (ie. age of woman from whom eggs are harvested).  If she actually wanted a child she would be moving on that egg harvesting yesterday.  OMG there is just SO much to hate about her.  

• Love 10

Sorry for the rant.  But this show just demonstrates how her weight is a problem for EVERY.SINGLE.THING.SHE. DOES.  Renting a canoe - she is too fat and it tips.  Renting an RV - she can't even use the toilet or shower.  She is so excited because table moves to accomodate her disgusting huge gut or panniculus or whatever that 100 pounds hanging there is called.  Again, I just use this show for my own perverse/reverse motivation but there are a ton of Twit lovers who post things like "if only I had a friend like Whitney who really cares".  These people are deluded and they are getting a "reward" from the show in that they can be complacent about their obesity, blame it on "muh condishuns" etc.  I mistakenly posted something on Twit's FB (thought it was the TLC FB page).  I just posted briefly that I thought guy in supermarket buying beer was a plant (obviously with six cameras and lighting he knew there was filming).  I was immediately subjected to a barrage of insults from twit fans.  So I checked out one superfan's page, she is a carbon copy of Twit (weight probably about 350-400, perhaps she would be considered "pretty" if her face wasn't drowning in blubber, extra chins and neck fat).  Guess what her job is?  She bakes cakes for a living ( and just think every single spoon of icing/batter during baking process is 100 calories...I'm sure she doesn't "count" those calories and wonders why she is obese).  Hmmm not such a great job choice for health if you need overeater's anonymous.  Now that would be a better storyline:  Whit joins Overeater's Anonymous (yes it is a real thing) and confronts her food addiction.  Meanwhile she is spending all her time obsessing about Buddy's addiction and ignoring her own.  I would be worried about how much this show pisses me off if it weren't obvious it has the same effect on many of us.

• Love 12
On 1/16/2019 at 10:01 PM, TheInstigation said:

I’ve been watch this show for a while just to laugh and make fun of all of the people on the show, but now I’m going in with my assessment. Is it just me, or is

Ashley a fat, enormous whale who is ugly af? I can’t understand how any guy would want to knock that ratchet bitch up. Heather is a dramatic bitch who has zero social skills, and thinks she’s hotter than she is, which is like a 2/10 at best.

Buddy, well, he’s just a mild jog away from collapsing with his loud mouth breaths when he talks and a gut that hangs over his dick like Peter Griffin. He’s a bum with zero future. 

Her parents are still holding her hand like helicopters parents, too involved in her life and vices-versa, and are huge enablers for her elephant-like figure. 

Todd is the only one that I like because he tells Whitney the truth and doesn’t care if he hurts her feelings or not. He doesn’t sugarcoat anything like the others mentioned above that kiss her ass to think being that morbidly obese is alright. 

Whitney is a overly emotional drama cow who loves sticking her big, fat face into other people’s business and mooching off of her parents. She’s a 35 year old loser who uses a make-believe “condition” as an excuse for being fat af. Believe in PCOS is just like saying Shrek is real. She weighs 340? Lmao give me a break! She’s at least 450. She’s a joke and so is this entire show. The sooner she has a heart attack and kicks the bucket, the better. We need fewer and fewer people like her on this earth. 

God bless you all and enjoy your day!

I notice that each time she actually gets on a scale (twice this season) you can't read the numbers on the scale at all.  To me that indicates they are not medical scales and she is over the load limit.  Then she gets bombarded with praise for losing weight and she pretends she doesn't care.  I want to see her on Dr. Now's scale, a real one, because she is pushing 400 by the looks of it.

She is 34 or 35.  Just "weight" until she hits menopause!!! pun intended.  I was always pretty skinny and when I hit menopause I put on 20 pounds without any change in my diet or exercise - went to the medical weight loss clinic (in Canada this is an actual service of our health care system) and doctor (yes a REAL MD)  told me I was the thinnest person she had ever counseled, told me I could lose 7 pounds but metabolism changes with menopause and resultant weight gain was just fact of life.  My first clue should have been that all the chairs in the waiting room were double wide...when Twitney doesn't get this under some kind of control before she hits menopause she will probably pack on another 100 or so - I think menopause comes earlier for people with PCOS - so she is running out of time. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, afishcalledwanda said:

- She is so excited because table moves to accomodate her disgusting huge gut or panniculus or whatever that 100 pounds hanging there is called.

Did you notice when she was lifting weights, the first try the bar got caught under her flap of gut and that's why she couldn't finish the lift.  That again for the millionth time made me wonder why some one so heavy is weightlifting at all.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, afishcalledwanda said:

I notice that each time she actually gets on a scale (twice this season) you can't read the numbers on the scale at all.  To me that indicates they are not medical scales and she is over the load limit.  Then she gets bombarded with praise for losing weight and she pretends she doesn't care.  I want to see her on Dr. Now's scale, a real one, because she is pushing 400 by the looks of it.

She is 34 or 35.  Just "weight" until she hits menopause!!! pun intended.  I was always pretty skinny and when I hit menopause I put on 20 pounds without any change in my diet or exercise - went to the medical weight loss clinic (in Canada this is an actual service of our health care system) and doctor (yes a REAL MD)  told me I was the thinnest person she had ever counseled, told me I could lose 7 pounds but metabolism changes with menopause and resultant weight gain was just fact of life.  My first clue should have been that all the chairs in the waiting room were double wide...when Twitney doesn't get this under some kind of control before she hits menopause she will probably pack on another 100 or so - I think menopause comes earlier for people with PCOS - so she is running out of time. 

Yup! If she thinks it's a struggle now, she's going to be sorely disappointed as she gets older. I'm in a similar situation, my metabolism has slowed, so my diet/training regimens had to be adjusted. It's work, but I'd rather be as fit as I can be versus make excuses.

She claims her alleged "eating disorder" makes it too triggering for her to lose weight and that it makes her miserable--well I ask, which is worse? Not being able to walk up and down stairs because her feet are about to break, or being able to walk up steps with ease? Becoming bedridden, or following a healthy diet and not becoming bedridden? Simply rolling an ankle, or breaking it because there's 300+ lb of pressure on it? Look at those 600 lb life people, some of them did wind up injured and got even fatter and more immobile. That's going to be her future unless she takes an honest look at her situation. 

• Love 7
On 1/16/2019 at 10:52 PM, SevenCostanza said:

What is the story with Ashley and the baby daddy?  Women don't just get pregnant and have babies in a vacuum.  I only ask because someone posted that he is around all the time, and that is why Ashley is busy.  If he's there, then...why doesn't she ever, ever mention him?  She doesn't even have to say his first name, in case it's a well-recognized first name in Greensboro, but why doesn't she ever mention that she is spending all of her time working and then being with so-and-so and the baby?  Is she afraid to admit that she has a partner, for fear of the wrath of Whit?  It's just my personal opinion that when you sign up for a reality show, then you are in for a penny and in for a pound, and I would like to know the status of this guy.  Is she going to court for child support?  Are they on-again, off-again?  You're getting paid and exposure, girl, throw us a bone.

Speaking of being in for a pound, it has not gone unnoticed by me either that the only people who have not seemed to have gained a demonstrable amount of weight on this show are Tal and Todd.  These people are just expanding.  It's kind of fascinating.  

I love Whitney talking about how she now "feels safe at the gym."  What happened, trash box, someone come up and mug you on the treadmill at your last gym?  Give me a fucking break with these terms.  You were safe with Will--you just didn't like him, because he held you accountable--and you gosh darn better feel safe now, considering the only people in your gym are you and your trainer (and, conveniently, Will, but only when it's time for him to see how well she's doing without him).  I don't know why Will allows himself to be filmed anymore.  He must really love his daughter (whose journey from borderline overweight to extremely lean and muscular is one I would much rather see than this).  

I agree that Buddy should get a real job before becoming "like a stepdad" (ugh, what does that even mean?  Does it have anything to do with being Like A Virgin?) to another round of kids, but, realistically...what could he do?  He doesn't even seem to have the attention span to learn a viable skill, even if he had the time and means.  Just, ugh all around.  Who is his sponsor?  Could we get this person on the show to give his take?  He sure as hell better have a sponsor if he claims to be working a 12-step program so seriously.  I don't personally agree with 12-step mentality and methodology, and I would be hard-pressed to ever recommend it to anyone, but if you've committed to it, and youre struggling, where is your sponsor?  Where is your fellowship?  Are they with Ashely's baby daddy?  

Inquiring minds want to know.  

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Yup! If she thinks it's a struggle now, she's going to be sorely disappointed as she gets older. I'm in a similar situation, my metabolism has slowed, so my diet/training regimens had to be adjusted. It's work, but I'd rather be as fit as I can be versus make excuses.

She claims her alleged "eating disorder" makes it too triggering for her to lose weight and that it makes her miserable--well I ask, which is worse? Not being able to walk up and down stairs because her feet are about to break, or being able to walk up steps with ease? Becoming bedridden, or following a healthy diet and not becoming bedridden? Simply rolling an ankle, or breaking it because there's 300+ lb of pressure on it? Look at those 600 lb life people, some of them did wind up injured and got even fatter and more immobile. That's going to be her future unless she takes an honest look at her situation. 

Exactly.  I had to cut way back on food intake - I count every bite...keep my meals to about 400 calories each...eliminate processed food, watch sodium.  It isn't really a big deal.  You learn how many calories are in each food and there must be a zillion online calories trackers (I use calorieking.com) so you know what is going into your body and make sure you get enough protein/vitamins blah blah blah.  If you don't track calories you are just deluding yourself.  Sure I have an occasional slice of pizza but that's what it is: a slice not the whole freakin pizza.  It takes self-restraint and Whitney has none.  I've seen recent studies that indicate the ability to delay gratification is one of the main precursors for success in life.  And we have all seen that Twit never delays her gratification whether it is emotional/mental or physical/sexual.

• Love 6

@LibertarianSlut, Harper's father made it clear he wants no part of this trainwreck known as MBFFL. Good for him for refusing to be one of the barnacles attached to Twit for the TLC paycheck. (And that includes Ashley, tho I hope she's doing it for the sake of Harper's college fund.)

If you want to see photos of Harper's dad, go to Ashley's FB or IG pages.

• Love 8
On 1/16/2019 at 11:19 PM, Colleenna said:

In my never humble opinion, Heather suffers from "rescue disease." Food addicted morbidly obese friend?  Oh, I can make her see the light and save her. Druggie douche boyfriend? Oh, the love of a good woman can save him, make him see the light and turn his life around. YOU KNOW SOMEONE LIKE THIS! Every guy/gal they get with is full-on dysfunctional and self-destructive. And when said guy/gal leaves (and you know they will) they are devastated because they have FAILED TO BE A RESCUER.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/traversing-the-inner-terrain/201104/the-rescuer-identity

Wow read this article really great logic.  In restrospect I have seen these "rescuers" they are the ones who stay in horrible relationships trying to fix or support a person who everyone else can see doesn't take responsibility for their own actions/life.  And they generally end up ill-treated because they have no self-esteem.  Seems to describe Heather pretty well.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, afishcalledwanda said:

I gained 120 pounds ---yes, it's possible --- the year I turned 40. Some of it MIGHT have been a slowing metabolism, but the other 100 pounds was being totally unconscious about what I was eating, and being a complete and total slug for the first time in my life. 

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

I gained 120 pounds ---yes, it's possible --- the year I turned 40. Some of it MIGHT have been a slowing metabolism, but the other 100 pounds was being totally unconscious about what I was eating, and being a complete and total slug for the first time in my life. 

Well although I am sorry about your weight gain, I am genuinely impressed that you are not blaming it on your slowing metabolism, and instead acknowledging the behavior that caused it...that self-awareness probably puts you in .000001 of the population, since most people are searching out for more things to blame, and here you are minimizing those other aspects in favor of taking responsibility.  MBFFL should make you a consultant, but, oh wait, that would only work if they were willing to 'go there' with Whitney, but they won't!

• Love 4

And for all the folks who think she’s lost weight...take a look at the pic of her on the canoe with Buddy and compare it to her Hawaii Winnie the Pooh pic (tm Dot!). Not much of a difference at all. I don’t get it. She must eat or drink an INSANE amount to still be that morbidly obese. It’s not PCOS. 

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Kentuckydaisy said:

I want to know what is hunters story that drew him to this shit show.  I thought a read on here somewhere he came home because he was an addicted to something,  want to know because a. I need a life b. this is so much more interesting than mine c. trying to decide if this family should be an anthropologiCal study on dysfunction d. research for my expensive self help home study course for rich helicopter parents with non functional children. Dr phil and rehab should not be the only people getting rich off of this shit.

are they all just saying their lines?

Does anyone know what happened to Hunter? I remember at the start of the show he was living in NY and had little to do with the show. I was like smart guy. Now suddenly he is back living at home. I checked his SM and is looks like a college aged kid's. 

So Glenn had a CEO level job, and the kids seem to have an upbringing with many advantages and they get a dance major that lives off a TV about being overweight and an Actor son in his 30's living at home and partying? i would love to know more about what happened between college and the show rather then hear about Babs short marriage in her early 20's. 

I also agree that Whitney needs to think about getting closer to 40 and weight. I weigh the same for 15 years and my doctor said watch out in a few years as you get into your 40's you will have a hard time maintaining the weight. I doubted him but it was true. I also call BS on it costing $12,500 to harvest eggs? Maybe she is including the costs later on? I know several women I went to college with that froze eggs because of career goals and it was $6-8k. Of course there is a yearly storage fee but it does not sound like Whitney wanted to freeze for years and wait. I think hearing that she would have to get shots and go through side effects turned her off from this option. I think she just wants a nice newborn handed to her. I;m glad her dad is not opening his wallet for this wish. 

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

And for all the folks who think she’s lost weight...take a look at the pic of her on the canoe with Buddy and compare it to her Hawaii Winnie the Pooh pic (tm Dot!). Not much of a difference at all. I don’t get it. She must eat or drink an INSANE amount to still be that morbidly obese. It’s not PCOS. 

This season they seem to only show her eating vegetables/fruit BUT if you drown them in dip or eat your apple with a big old hunk of hard cheese calories can still add up.  I suspect more of the secret eating going on.  In recent IG post she says she's been eating lasagna - which is 630 calories per serving according to Livestrong and I would bet she didn't eat just one piece.  She has no concept of the  caloric or nutritional value of what she eats.  Checked on BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate calculator) and she is probably eating well over 3300 calories a day to stay at that weight and more than that if she actually works out regularly (I think it only happens for the cameras).  That's a LOT of food.  If she dropped it down to 2000 calories - still plenty of food - she could lose over 216 pounds in 18 months (easy online calculator for that information assuming her current weight is 380).  She's been doing this show for six years now she could be at 165 pounds by now - at 5'3" that's a BMI of 29.2 - still in the overweight category but just below obese. What a waste of time...

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Robbie M said:

Whitney is an awful friend to Heather. She is taking so much delight in the fact that Buddy is treating (the skinnier more attractive) Heather like garbage. Whitney is the one setting Heather back in her healing with all the snarky comments and inappropriate relationship with "Boo Bear".  I hope after she watches this season she is done with both of them for good.

Ugh...i cannot stand when she calls that mouth breathing tub of lard "boo bear"....why the frick is he so damn fat if he did "blow"?!!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, afishcalledwanda said:

This season they seem to only show her eating vegetables/fruit BUT if you drown them in dip or eat your apple with a big old hunk of hard cheese calories can still add up.  I suspect more of the secret eating going on.  In recent IG post she says she's been eating lasagna - which is 630 calories per serving according to Livestrong and I would bet she didn't eat just one piece.  She has no concept of the  caloric or nutritional value of what she eats.  Checked on BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate calculator) and she is probably eating well over 3300 calories a day to stay at that weight and more than that if she actually works out regularly (I think it only happens for the cameras).  That's a LOT of food.  If she dropped it down to 2000 calories - still plenty of food - she could lose over 216 pounds in 18 months (easy online calculator for that information assuming her current weight is 380).  She's been doing this show for six years now she could be at 165 pounds by now - at 5'3" that's a BMI of 29.2 - still in the overweight category but just below obese. What a waste of time...

She's consuming at least 2,000 calories a day in those sugar and fat laden Starbucks drinks. If she dropped THOSE she'd lose 2 pounds a week. 

• Love 9