Type keyword(s) to search

Mythbusters Jr. - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Adam Savage mentors six whiz kids in the art of mythbusting. Ten episodes airing Wednesdays at 9pm Eastern on Science.

Valerie Castillo: This 15-year-old from Lancaster, CA, is a skilled builder and robotics wiz, who is also experienced in CAD drawing and 3D printing. In 2017 Valerie was the team leader of her school’s robotics team that won the state championship, qualifying them to go to the World’s VEX Robotics competition. Valerie and her partner recently won 1st place in their school’s science fair, which later won 2nd place district wide.

Elijah Horland: The 12-year-old from Brooklyn is a self-taught maker, programmer & circuit wiz. At 9 years-old, he started building PCs and “Franken-Mac” computers; at 10 years old, he took his first microcontroller and was blinking LEDs in one night, soldering his first circuit boards by the end of the same week. By 11 he was featured in “Make” for his early-model “min-tin” sized video game system, now a staple of maker culture.

Cannan Huey-You: A 12-year-old with a background in coding, robotics and motion physics, Cannan will be entering his second year of college in the fall at Texas Christian University where he’s a double major in Physics & Astronomy and Engineering. His dream is to be an astronaut and perhaps be one of the first humans to walk on Mars.

Jesse Lawless: This Slidell, Louisiana 15-year-old has been around cars in his dad’s custom hot rod shop since he was a baby. After building a mini chopper by himself at the age of 12, he entered a car show and won 1st place. From fixing up jacked up 4x4s to building scooters, to modifying radio controlled cars, Jesse knows his way around a vehicle. He is also skilled at drawing, crafting and building models.

Rachel Pizzolato: The 14-year-old from Metairie, Louisiana is a builder who has been involved with remodeling houses with her father since a young age. Rachel was a 2016 and 2017 Broadcom MASTERS Top 30 Finalist. In 2017 she was awarded the Duke TIP challenge certificate and presented her current project to the 2017 American Geophysical Union at Bright Stars, a forum that hosted over 20,000 earth and space scientists from around the world.

Allie Weber: The South Dakota 13-year-old is a multiple award-winning, patent pending inventor, builder, and maker. An advocate for STEAM, in 2017 Allie was recognized as one of the 21 under 21 girls who are changing the world by Teen Vogue magazine and was also recognized by 3M as one of the top 10 young scientists in the country. In 2016 Allie won the Global Spark Lab Invent-It-Challenge with a frostbite warning system.

Also featured in MythBusters Jr. are builders Tamara Robertson, whose talents have been seen in MythBusters: The Search and SciJinks, and Jon Marcu, who has worked on a number of television and film productions.

MythBusters Jr. is being produced for Science Channel by Beyond Productions. John Luscombe and John Tessier are executive producers for Beyond. Wyatt Channell serves as executive producer for Science Channel.

• Love 2

I'm really liking this show! My husband and I have such very different tastes in television, and Mythbusters was always one we could agree on. I love the way Adam interacts with these kids. You can tell he is really enjoying mentoring them. And they seem like great kids! I'm more excited about this than the one with the "new" Mythbusters. I never even watched that one. 

• Love 1

It is a lot of fun! I have to say, primarily due to Adam. His pure enthusiasm and vibrant personality remain infectious. Pretty sure he's got six new honorary nieces and nephews now.

I'm kind of fascinated by Cannan's family since his genius old brother was also on the show. What is that family drinking!?