Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Aethera

Million Dollar Listing NY

Recommended Posts

It seemed like it may have made more sense for Tyler to just pull out and replace the the most hideous and distracting pieces, change the master into an actual bedroom, and then leave the rest of the staging in place. I know he thought that the seller would pay for the new staging, but still.... Idk. I just have no urge to watch him fail over and over again for another season, so I hope he sells this one. I wouldn’t want a 3rd floor condo though especially because (as someone mentioned) everyone on the upper levels can look down on the pool. There seems to be no privacy. 

I’m keeping an open mind on Kirsten. Didn’t love her or hate her on the first episode. 

I had gotten to the point where I really liked Fredrik, so I hope we’re not getting a return of Fredrik drama with the other brokers. Having Fredrik just swoop in and out of MDL (LA and NY) with manufactured drama every other week will be such a waste because he actually is one of the best brokers.

Edited by Jess14
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, Jess14 said:

It seemed like it may have made more sense for Tyler to just pull out and replace the the most hideous and distracting pieces, change the master into an actual bedroom, and then leave the rest of the staging in place.

I wonder if he would've tried reworking the staging if he had known that the seller was going to pull all of it out of the apartment.  I think Tyler was shocked when he saw that everything was gone.  The original staging was terrible.  Definitely not my style.  Blech!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I wonder if he would've tried reworking the staging if he had known that the seller was going to pull all of it out of the apartment.  I think Tyler was shocked when he saw that everything was gone.  The original staging was terrible.  Definitely not my style.  Blech!

It was terrible, especially that bedroom that wasn't, but why are so many buyers lacking even the smallest smidgen of imagination? Don't they realise the furniture isn't coming with the house?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think basic staging of a couple of sofas, a dining table, and a bed for each bedroom would be that expensive.    You get basic furniture, not high end.   It's not as if anyone is going to buy the place furnished.     I also don't understand why the staging estimate from Tyler was so high.   You contact a staging company for the model penthouse, or the one you're selling, and that's a few thousand for a few months rental, delivery included. 

I also read about designers buying used hotel furniture, when the hotels redecorate, and that would work for staging. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

Share this post


Link to post

I had this on my DVR and watched about 5 minutes. I love real estate porn but the guys and the new woman on this show are so unlikable that I deleted it pretty fast. 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I had this on my DVR and watched about 5 minutes. I love real estate porn but the guys and the new woman on this show are so unlikable that I deleted it pretty fast. 

I still find Tyler incredibly annoying.  I have a feeling KIRsten is going to rub me the wrong way, too.  You don't need five agents, show.  Three are sufficient (athough, I will allow that because the market is so low right now, they may need them just to have enough porn to show us - because that's what we tune in for!).

The four (five?) floor home that Ryan opened with was fabulous.  Back in the day that would have gone for what - $30 million plus?  He was listing it under $20.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

21 hours ago, Grrarrggh said:

It was terrible, especially that bedroom that wasn't, but why are so many buyers lacking even the smallest smidgen of imagination? Don't they realize the furniture isn't coming with the house?

From watching lots of real estate shows, I don't think there are many people out there who can visualize where they'll put their furniture without some visual cues!  

That furniture was so bad that the buyers couldn't focus on anything else!  That's really sad.   When we bought the house we're in, the dining room had a very bright crimson red accent wall.  That's all Mr. Chat could focus on!  I kept telling him that I could paint it, but he was having a hard time getting past that bright wall!  I can see why some buyers get stuck on one or two negative things.  (No offense to those who like red!  (We're very boring, neutral colors type of people.)   

Edited by ChitChat
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/6/2021 at 10:26 PM, geauxaway said:

I was just taken aback that someone would set their indoor temp as 75 ever 😂.

I'm curious. Why? 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm curious. Why? 

Just too hot for me!  In the winter my furnace would never shut off if it was set to 75, and I would be sweating to death.  75 in summer does nothing for me, I can keep the windows open with the ceiling fan and attic fan and still be comfortable.  It’s when it gets to the 90’s and 100’s that I cut the AC on and then it’s at 72ish.  Obviously it’s all just personal preference.  🤷🏻‍♀️

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Just too hot for me!  In the winter my furnace would never shut off if it was set to 75, and I would be sweating to death.  75 in summer does nothing for me, I can keep the windows open with the ceiling fan and attic fan and still be comfortable.  It’s when it gets to the 90’s and 100’s that I cut the AC on and then it’s at 72ish.  Obviously it’s all just personal preference.  🤷🏻‍♀️

Ohhh Ok. I'm with ya! I thought I was weird because I like it cold. At night 68 and during the day in summer no more than 72. We have sort of a mild winter where I live so seldom use the heat at all, definitely not at night but most people I know do! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/10/2021 at 9:55 PM, Grrarrggh said:

It was terrible, especially that bedroom that wasn't, but why are so many buyers lacking even the smallest smidgen of imagination? Don't they realise the furniture isn't coming with the house?

I feel like furniture that is the wrong size for a room can be a real problem. Like, if furniture is too big, it can make a room look too small for the buyer’s furniture, or in this case, if the primary bedroom has no bed, it gives the impression that a king bed cannot fit. But furniture that’s just ugly? People really should be able to look past that.

With that said, I’ve never been in the market for multi-million dollar homes, so maybe I would feel differently about ugly staging if I was lol. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Frederick and Tyler must be doing their schtick purely for the show.  Can't imagine they really pull the stunts in real life to cut deals.

Also suspect the "potential buyers" are cast to play along.

Italian theme party was fun.  Kirsten may pull off a coup if she finally sells the apt after two years.  But these properties all have had big price reductions and yet they can spend a lot to market the place, so it shows how overpriced these luxury properties were in the first place.

Tyler made the big deal, after getting rid of the garish furniture and putting up with the empty property.  Bet the developer came up with the idea of the elevator, not the buyer.

 

I wonder how many people who are neither brokers nor "potential buyers" crash these big parties, for the food and drink and just oogling the real estate porn.

Edited by aghst
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

It was nice to see Ron Duguay.  Still handsome after all these years.  Haven't seen him since the '79 Sassoon Jeans commercial.  Ooh la la Sassoon!

I'm not easily impressed with properties, but I was very much impressed with the St. Luke's Pl property.  That was amazing.  I hope they somehow get a listing on my other favorite street in NYC, Bedford St.  Would love a peek into one of those homes.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, aghst said:

Tyler made the big deal, after getting rid of the garish furniture and putting up with the empty property.  Bet the developer came up with the idea of the elevator, not the buyer.

I wonder if they got a contract on it before the shut-down began.  I'm sure that a lot of deals fell through about that time.  I would imagine that one would be held to a signed contract, but seeing how this was a global event with the pandemic, I wonder if people could back out if they had to.  With so many offices shut down, closing on a house via video conference was probably a no-go, especially in NYC.  

I thought it was crazy that the Realtor and her client expected Tyler's developer to throw in the extra apartment for basically no charge, and to ask them to put in an elevator.  That was rather ballsy!  

That was a lot of zinc oxide that Ryan put on his nose!!  It was a little distracting.  

Yay for seeing Derek and their kids.  I follow Fredrik on Instagram, and he has some of the cutest pictures of his kids.  

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think they are showing the period before the first big lockdown in NYC, in March 2020.

So they're hosting big open house parties, hugging and kissing each other and packing these spaces.

Presumably towards the end of this season, the pandemic will hit, so they're probably going to do the same season arc as BD, which had all these episodes before the lockdowns came and then towards the end they talk more and more about it and it finally shut them down.

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, aghst said:

I think they are showing the period before the first big lockdown in NYC, in March 2020.

Right, what we're seeing is early 2020.  I guess the season will end with lockdown in March 2020.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

It was nice to see Ron Duguay.  Still handsome after all these years.  Haven't seen him since the '79 Sassoon Jeans commercial.  Ooh la la Sassoon!

I'm not easily impressed with properties, but I was very much impressed with the St. Luke's Pl property.  That was amazing.  I hope they somehow get a listing on my other favorite street in NYC, Bedford St.  Would love a peek into one of those homes.

Ditto your post!!

I'll never see Kelly Bensimon without remembering her telling Bethenny Frankel "I'm up here & you're down there, & we will never be friends."  Gawd!!  (Kelly must die of embarrassment every time she sees Bethenny!!!)

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bravotv.com%2Fthe-real-housewives-of-new-york-city%2Fseason-2%2Fepisode-7%2Fvideos%2Fkelly-vs-bethenny-round-1-0&psig=AOvVaw2I2cQ-KOaPbmuNLV-FRs53&ust=1621137529306000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCKC6_IbmyvACFQAAAAAdAAAAABAI

Edited by Medicine Crow · Reason: Spelling.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'll never see Kelly Bensimon without remembering her telling Bethenny Frankel "I'm up here & you're down there, & we will never be friends."  Gawd!!  (Kelly must die of embarrassment every time she sees Bethenny!!!)

I'm not sure people like that are able to feel embarrassment. 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

It's amazing what a great head of hair can do for a person. Ryans comment about Steve Gold looking like Steve Jobs was hysterical. 

Speaking of Ryan, I hope we're not going to be subjected to another season of him dressing up in silly costumes for his open houses. That just doesn't happen IRL. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Ditto your post!!

I'll never see Kelly Bensimon without remembering her telling Bethenny Frankel "I'm up here & you're down there, & we will never be friends."  Gawd!!  (Kelly must die of embarrassment every time she sees Bethenny!!!)

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bravotv.com%2Fthe-real-housewives-of-new-york-city%2Fseason-2%2Fepisode-7%2Fvideos%2Fkelly-vs-bethenny-round-1-0&psig=AOvVaw2I2cQ-KOaPbmuNLV-FRs53&ust=1621137529306000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCKC6_IbmyvACFQAAAAAdAAAAABAI

Kelly is a gift that keeps on giving 

 

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Malvina said:

Kelly is a gift that keeps on giving 

 

I'll never get that time back!!  I was watching RHWNY at that time & all I can remember was that I thought Kelly was crazy.  She said in her "explanation" that she was not comfortable being around a cast member that was sick (how empathetic of her).  I don't remember who was sick & the extenuating circumstances ... anyone else???

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/14/2021 at 8:43 AM, ChitChat said:

With so many offices shut down, closing on a house via video conference was probably a no-go, especially in NYC.  

I work for a major banking institution in their home mortgage division as a closer and the NY/NJ market was one of several in the country that were allowed to complete the loan docs signings remotely last spring/summer.  It was all done via video conferencing with the borrowers in their homes.  It was temporary and we're back to requiring all of our closings to be in-person across the nation but, slowly, the industry is moving toward it being done more frequently.  I get that question probably once a month from borrowers and I have to explain to them that we don't offer that - the best we can do is a mobile notary coming to our borrowers' homes/office/selected location.  But, it won't surprise me if it's commonplace within the next five years.

Plus, if it was an all-cash offer, it could have been closed and recorded fairly quickly, unless it was contingent on finishing the construction of the elevator.

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

I work for a major banking institution in their home mortgage division as a closer and the NY/NJ market was one of several in the country that were allowed to complete the loan docs signings remotely last spring/summer. 

Thanks for the info!  I completely forgot that I saw in the news last year where our local Realtors/Brokers were able to close on homes by doing a drive-up kind of service outside of a lawyer's office.   

I figured it would've been a little tougher in places like NYC where so many couldn't venture out too much.   I'm glad that they were able to keep their businesses going.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Meh to Fredrik. Not a fan of him and his fake creepy family.

Ryan making fun of Steve did make me laugh.

Im rewatching rhonyc so seeing Kelly Bensimon made me laugh a bit. She’s crazy lol.

Still Meh to Tyler.

Share this post


Link to post

On 5/16/2021 at 8:28 AM, Medicine Crow said:

I'll never get that time back!!  I was watching RHWNY at that time & all I can remember was that I thought Kelly was crazy.  She said in her "explanation" that she was not comfortable being around a cast member that was sick (how empathetic of her).  I don't remember who was sick & the extenuating circumstances ... anyone else???

I think Kelly meant Bethenny, who was pregnant at the time, not sick. But with Kelly you never know.

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

i am happy that Tyler sold the $12m condo with the outdoor pool. It seems that it was filmed in the summer because there were green leaves on the trees.

I was surprised to see Kelly for the second consecutive episode. She has high profile clients.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Yay for Tyler! I had such second hand embarrassment for him at times last season. Glad he got that one done. 

The townhouses that Fredrik and Ryan are selling are both amazing. Im not a New Yorker, so for anyone who is, is Fredrik’s location that much better than Ryan’s for it to be $12 million more? 

Also, I remember that Ryan’s colleague said that townhouses have been hit the hardest in the market. Does anyone know why that is? Cost? 

I’m still lukewarm on Kirsten, but I don’t mind her. I actually prefer her to Steve. He’s just so arrogant to me and not in a fun way. As over the top as Ryan and Fredrik are, they seem like they can laugh at themselves, as does Tyler. Steve seems like he cannot. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I just want to know how Tyler got away with making that sexual comment about Steve left in the taping of the show for all to hear. Ya know the comment after meeting him for the first time wanting to do all kinds of dirty things with him? Had he said that about the new lady agent we would never have heard that. I guess if you are gay and make sexual comments about another man it's ok. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I'm watching a rerun with Luis selling a lovely condo, and it's an older episode before Fredrik had those adorable children.   The home has been on the market with horrible pictures.    The previous realtor didn't mention the floor to ceiling shoe closets, with frosted glass doors, that stretch for at least 25 feet.     That previous realtor deserved to be fired, if they really used pictures and description the way Luis said they did.  (Yes, I understand that a lot of things are said for drama, so who knows if there was even a previous realtor).   

 

 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/17/2021 at 8:31 PM, Jess14 said:

Yay for Tyler! I had such second hand embarrassment for him at times last season. Glad he got that one done. 

The townhouses that Fredrik and Ryan are selling are both amazing. Im not a New Yorker, so for anyone who is, is Fredrik’s location that much better than Ryan’s for it to be $12 million more? 

Also, I remember that Ryan’s colleague said that townhouses have been hit the hardest in the market. Does anyone know why that is? Cost? 

I’m still lukewarm on Kirsten, but I don’t mind her. I actually prefer her to Steve. He’s just so arrogant to me and not in a fun way. As over the top as Ryan and Fredrik are, they seem like they can laugh at themselves, as does Tyler. Steve seems like he cannot. 

Townhouses tend to be family homes and families were heading out to the suburbs where they could have yards.  Many parents no longer had to worry about the commute into the city because they were working from home.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Ryan, your rush, rush, rush showings are making me dizzy!! If I was a buyer and you rushed me through like that, I'd say no thanks to you!  How tacky to not have light fixtures in a multi-million dollar home!  Surely Marc Jacobs could afford to have replaced what he took out.  How bizarre.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Ryan, your rush, rush, rush showings are making me dizzy!! If I was a buyer and you rushed me through like that, I'd say no thanks to you!  How tacky to not have light fixtures in a multi-million dollar home!  Surely Marc Jacobs could afford to have replaced what he took out.  How bizarre.  

Not to mention that the furnishings that they chose in order to show the home looked like they came from thrift stores. I am not one who believes that you need to spend thousands of dollars in staging, but I think it would have looked better empty than it did with what looked to be a bunch of cast offs. I also thought that for a 4700 plus sq ft apartment, the kitchen was ugly and claustrophobic. 

I often wonder if these scenes are staged where two realtors are negotiating. We often see where one will say that their client's best and final is actually lower than it really is. So is the seller ticked off when they see the show and realize that they could have sold for more money? Or is it all scripted? I am leaning towards the latter. 

I continue to enjoy Tyler this year. He is a lovely departure from sad sack Luis. I know Luis had problems, but after awhile I just wanted him to go away and work on them. I love Tyler's enthusiasm, and that he is new to making big deals. Not sure about the scene where he is interviewing male models though. That would not be to acceptable if it were female models, and shouldn't be just because they are male. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I was very irritated with Tyler making those sexist remarks to the models.   Just because they're the same sex doesn't mean you can make suggestive remarks like that.   Tyler should think how that comes across on TV, and if anyone ever sues him for harassment, that footage will be exhibit #1.    

I couldn't believe that the Marc Jacobs place was stripped of light fixtures like that.   They should have had their electricians go to a lighting outlet, buy a bunch of coordinated fixtures, and they place would have been turn key.    I think the home buyer will need to spend every penny that they kept from underbidding, to replace the fixtures, and then to put the bedroom walls up to make the house big enough for a family.     

My guess is that the private chef services probably have prepared meals, and just fill the fridge every day, and food only needs reheating, and serving.    That kitchen was small for a family house, and I bet the buyers will move the wall back to increase the kitchen size again, if they use that kitchen full time.    The Kosher kitchen was so much nicer, so that might be turned into the family kitchen, and just use the top kitchen for catering, or event storage.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I also thought that for a 4700 plus sq ft apartment, the kitchen was ugly and claustrophobic. 

I like galley kitchens in some apartments, but in a home like this, it's too small.  It's big enough for one person, so if you're having a chef coming in everyday to prepare your meals, I guess it works out just fine!  I wonder if they had a pantry.  There wasn't much storage space that we could see.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I was disgusted with Tyler and his remarks toward the models.  How is that OK?  He's a potential employer to them, yes I get that the models are marketing their looks and bodies, but the "cat calls" are so inappropriate.  Last week it was him with Steve and this week with the models.  NOT OK!

I wonder how pissed Ryan was when he learned he could have got more for the townhouse.  She really out negotiated him.  

I get vibes from Steve's girlfriend that she's just there for the security.  I know that we hardly see her, but I don't see a "deep love" for him coming from her

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I was very irritated with Tyler making those sexist remarks to the models. 

 

10 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I was disgusted with Tyler and his remarks toward the models.  How is that OK?  He's a potential employer to them, yes I get that the models are marketing their looks and bodies, but the "cat calls" are so inappropriate.  Last week it was him with Steve and this week with the models.  NOT OK!

I'm surprised that the editors let that be aired.  It's all sorts of creepy.  Tyler is coming off as very unprofessional, immature and not that bright.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Marc Jacobs’house was ugly and the closet they raved about is smaller than the one I have in my home so I didn’t see anything great about it. I also wouldn’t pay a dime for gold ceilings and door knobs . How wasteful to just move and get rid of every piece of furniture. I don’t understand removing the light fixtures either. Charly seemed too bored for words.

Tyler needs to stop with the lusting after every guy he sees, it’s unprofessional. 

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I wonder how pissed Ryan was when he learned he could have got more for the townhouse.  She really out negotiated him.  

I just finished watching the episode.  I'm sure he wasn't too happy to see that he got beat at the negotiating game on that one.  Ouch!  That's sure to bruise one's ego, but that's how it's done!

Okay, here's a super-duper nitpicky thing that drives me nuts:  Ryan, it's KIRsten, not KEERsten.  Seems like people have so much trouble getting the name Kirsten right.  Kirstey Alley's name is always mispronounced too.    Also, Steve, you served MacaRONS, not MacaROONs!!  FWIW, I dislike both kinds!  

I like Tyler, but he seems to be trying too hard to "play the part" with his wardrobe upgrade.  Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that he can afford better clothes, but it's almost as if he's playing a role.  Dress well and be yourself.  No need to put on airs.   Ryan & Fredrik have always dressed well (at least on this show), and it just seems so natural for them.  Good for Tyler for having some success now. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I just finished watching the episode.  I'm sure he wasn't too happy to see that he got beat at the negotiating game on that one.  Ouch!  That's sure to bruise one's ego, but that's how it's done!

Okay, here's a super-duper nitpicky thing that drives me nuts:  Ryan, it's KIRsten, not KEERsten.  Seems like people have so much trouble getting the name Kirsten right.  Kirstey Alley's name is always mispronounced too.    Also, Steve, you served MacaRONS, not MacaROONs!!  FWIW, I dislike both kinds!  

I like Tyler, but he seems to be trying too hard to "play the part" with his wardrobe upgrade.  Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that he can afford better clothes, but it's almost as if he's playing a role.  Dress well and be yourself.  No need to put on airs.   Ryan & Fredrik have always dressed well (at least on this show), and it just seems so natural for them.  Good for Tyler for having some success now. 

and how "pissed" Marc Jacobs was too.  LOL  Wonder why Marc was sold all his furniture and took out the fixtures, I know his husband said that it was all "art" that was designed specifically for the house...well, then leave it IN THE HOUSE.  Weird.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Wonder why Marc was sold all his furniture and took out the fixtures, I know his husband said that it was all "art" that was designed specifically for the house...well, then leave it IN THE HOUSE.  Weird.  

If I'm going to pay $10.5 for a house, I at least want the damn light fixtures in place!  I may change them out, but something needs to be there when showing the home. Having wires hanging out is extremely tacky!  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Ryan, it's KIRsten, not KEERsten.  Seems like people have so much trouble getting the name Kirsten right.

It's understandable, there are so many variations.  Whenever someone makes a huge deal how they're name is pronounced (also understandable) I try to use a mnemonic device.  After the first episode I imagined Kirsten as the daughter of actress Ellen Burstyn, instantly becoming Kirsten Burstyn, that rhyming realtor!

24 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Also, Steve, you served MacaRONS, not MacaROONs!!  FWIW, I dislike both kinds!  

Team Macaroon!!!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Whenever someone makes a huge deal how they're name is pronounced (also understandable) I try to use a mnemonic device. 

Kirsten was classy about it.  She didn't correct Ryan.  I'm sure she's used to it by now.  I've heard the name 'Kirsten' and 'Kirstey' mispronounced by news people the most.  They rarely get it right! 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I like galley kitchens in some apartments, but in a home like this, it's too small.  It's big enough for one person, so if you're having a chef coming in everyday to prepare your meals, I guess it works out just fine!  I wonder if they had a pantry.  There wasn't much storage space that we could see.

 

I love galley kitchens in small apartments. The first home I bought many years ago was an apartment with a galley kitchen. It was perfect for me as I don't like to cook, and preferred to have more space in the living room and bedroom. But for me, if I lived in that apartment it would annoy me to have such a small kitchen in a large apartment, even if I didn't cook! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

know that we hardly see her, but I don't see a "deep love" for him coming from her

I noticed that too. Then I remembered he went so far as to have a kid with her.

Wasn't she a one-night stand or someone he barely knew? They're very awkward together. I was a little surprised by that, but not when it happened to Luis. Luis is a mess anyway.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I noticed that too. Then I remembered he went so far as to have a kid with her.

Wasn't she a one-night stand or someone he barely knew? They're very awkward together. I was a little surprised by that, but not when it happened to Luis. Luis is a mess anyway.

yes - I believe they were a very new acquittances when the pregnancy happened.  Margaret from RHONY would have field day with her....meal ticket AND green card.  LOL 

(and I"m kidding, I know NOTHING about them or their love for each other)  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

 

Okay, here's a super-duper nitpicky thing that drives me nuts:  Ryan, it's KIRsten, not KEERsten.  Seems like people have so much trouble getting the name Kirsten right.  

 

Actually the name Kirsten can be pronounced both ways. I have a friend named Kirsten and it is pronounced KEERsten. Kirsten is a  Scottish name, and her father is Scottish (born and raised) so I assume that is the original pronunciation.  Maybe Ryan knows someone who pronounces their name that way as well, but yes he should pronounce Kirsten's name the way she does. 

BTW, I have deleted the episode, but I just saw an interview where Ryan refers to Kirsten as Kristen, so maybe he is having a hard time in general with the name - lol. 

 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Actually the name Kirsten can be pronounced both ways. I have a friend named Kirsten and it is pronounced KEERsten.

It's a confusing name for others to guess the pronunciation of!!  I've only heard it pronounced as KIRsten, but as you said, those with that name can pronounce it differently.  I remember Kirsten (on this show) making the distinction on her first episode, but apparently Ryan didn't get the memo!  

2 hours ago, Surrealist said:

They're very awkward together.

I'm wondering if she's feeling awkward with the cameras there.  Hopefully things are different when they're not filming, but I'm sure it's been quite an adjustment for both of them since having the baby. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

 

 

I'm wondering if she's feeling awkward with the cameras there.  Hopefully things are different when they're not filming, but I'm sure it's been quite an adjustment for both of them since having the baby. 

There certainly is no chemistry between them on camera. Not that that is unusual, but I really don't think that they would be together now if it wasn't for the baby. I did laugh when Steve asked her for a kiss and she said no.

I have been trying to figure out who Steve looks like now, and totally missed Ryan's comment that he looks like Steve Jobs, but he totally does! Amazing how a hair cut can change someone's looks so much. I used to think Steve was really good looking, now I think he is ordinary at best. Also when shown from the back his hair looks patchy in spots, so if nothing else he should grow it out a bit more for that reason alone. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Also when shown from the back his hair looks patchy in spots, so if nothing else he should grow it out a bit more for that reason alone. 

Did he say that he cut his hair himself?  Seems like I remember him saying that.  He needs to see a stylist to see if they could do something with the chopped up parts.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Also, Steve, you served MacaRONS, not MacaROONs!! 

 

337FF04A-B4DE-4ADB-BFE3-6BE1B56131D6.jpeg

Edited by kirklandia
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size