Type keyword(s) to search

Million Dollar Listing LA - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Really liked the first J and J episode, but could already see by ep 2 that they’re trying to drum up more Drama. Look Bravo, all we want is hardworking people doing a good job and some cool real estate. That’s it. Keep it simple, stupid. The first episode was quick and focused, the seller didn’t get fake offended that they had to sacrifice some potential profit to sell quickly, the buyers weren’t fake postering that the house was way overpriced and would never sell. And episode 2 showed we don’t even need to see deals get done for this to be entertaining. I don’t think Josh and Josh will actually fight enough to mess up their friendship, but the previews suggest there’s some manufactured Drama coming up (Altman is purposely late to teach Flagg a lesson and so they’re both angry just because). 

As for the Fredrik stuff, I’m guessing he did leak the story but doubt we saw it happening in real time. I’m always dubious that they get these “surprise” phone calls while the cameras just happen to have a scene staged. My guess is Fredrik spilled the beans which is a jerk enough move, but that Flagg was already on his way out and the news didn’t hurt him as much as they’re projecting. 

Like having Bobby and Heather around to balance things out. They bring a better energy than having the other realtors there. I’m not sure why, but on this series it’s much more evident how much plastic surgery Bobby and Flagg have had. I worry what they’ll both look like in another 5-10 years. 

Oh, and I can do without Dr. Drew on the show. I get that they wanted to bury the hatchet between Josh and Josh but Dr. Drew just seems like a poor choice given all his controversy. 

• Love 7

“If any of the press leak story is true, I can understand why Frederik would be dead to Flagg. Holy stress - I could feel the anxiety of that situation coming through the screen. Glad Flagg was able to exit and get set up at his new agency, because that could have gone horribly sideways.”

Here’s the article that appeared in The Real Deal:

https://therealdeal.com/la/2021/08/23/million-dollar-listing-star-josh-flagg-jumps-to-elliman/

It’s the one that was seen on the episode.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Really liked the first J and J episode, but could already see by ep 2 that they’re trying to drum up more Drama

Scripted and fake. I find it interesting that Flagg and James the Brit became besties a couple of season's ago, now they never interact at all. They were pretty funny together, too. I wonder what happened there. I guess Altman took his place. 

So we are supposed to actually believe the Josh's walk the neighborhood streets of Beverly Hills with martini in hand in their every day life. Stop with the cheez and just go back to selling ostentatious real estate with an occasional tough client and spat between realtors on the side. 

• Love 6
On 1/2/2022 at 1:35 PM, SilverLake0315 said:

If any of the Flagg storyline was scripted, or didn’t play out in real time, I have to say he is a fantastic actor. He seemed very stressed and on edge to me. I was anxious for him 🥺

Plus, when the whole group was on WWHL without Frederik, They all seemed upset with what Frederik did to Josh F.

• Love 6
On 1/1/2022 at 7:46 PM, bichonblitz said:

Scripted and fake. I find it interesting that Flagg and James the Brit became besties a couple of season's ago, now they never interact at all. They were pretty funny together, too. I wonder what happened there. I guess Altman took his place. 

So we are supposed to actually believe the Josh's walk the neighborhood streets of Beverly Hills with martini in hand in their every day life. Stop with the cheez and just go back to selling ostentatious real estate with an occasional tough client and spat between realtors on the side. 

Flagg is hilarious.  I think he has been on the show since he was in his early 20s. He doesn't have to work for a living & is able to play the role of a Great Gatsby type.

I would love to see Chad Rogers make a guest appearance. He had a Beatles haircut & a little dog that he brought to listing appointments.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Flagg is hilarious.  I think he has been on the show since he was in his early 20s. He doesn't have to work for a living & is able to play the role of a Great Gatsby type.

I would love to see Chad Rogers make a guest appearance. He had a Beatles haircut & a little dog that he brought to listing appointments.

I never liked Chad and his helmet hair.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, retired watcher said:

I never liked Chad and his helmet hair.

He had many quirks. He was scared of his clients & had troubles making deals, but I found him fascinating to watch.

He asked a lawyer to sign a custody agreement for their dog in case they broke up. It was so strange.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 1/3/2022 at 4:17 PM, howiveaddict said:

Plus, when the whole group was on WWHL without Frederik, They all seemed upset with what Frederik did to Josh F.

To be clear, I think the events happened just not in real time as we saw them. My guess is Bravo and Josh knew what was going on and Josh was dealing with the fallout. But I suspect Bravo planned the phone call on the plane so that Josh and Josh could discuss it on the show. And I think Bravo asked Josh to handle calls in Aspen while they were filming. These shows are highly manipulative and lazy when it comes to filming. They aren’t filming 24/7 hoping to catch stuff, they set up scenes and have the people hit their marks like any other actor. You see it in Made in Chelsea all the time. I forget what show it was, but there were witnesses reporting the Bachelor of some show where the cast was going through the scene over and over again to get it right. It’s not scripted, and there is reality to what’s going on, but Bravo definitely cuts corners to get what they want. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 12/24/2021 at 10:24 AM, tuesdays said:

So is anyone else worried about Flagg's drinking? I mean, I enjoy a glass of wine myself, but he is literally drinking in every single scene of the first Josh & Josh episode, inc. the interviews. I'm concerned that he has a pretty serious drinking problem, behind all the (frankly quite enjoyable) schtick. 

And the first season of the show, maybe when he had that birthday party and then went upstairs alone - I am 99% sure he mentioned having gone to rehab, or that he was sober... maybe that was for drugs and now he just drinks, a lot.

• Useful 4

I still don't see the difference between the Pacaso group ownership, and a time share.    Except with Pacaso there are fewer owners.   I can see scheduling being an issue when more than on owner wants a certain time.     The Flagg and Altman arguing is ridiculous, and I think it was a story line, and not real.           There is no way that Flagg or Altman would take a chance on offending a client like the Pacaso CRO by shenanigans like that.   

• Love 7

Of course Bravo is ruining this. There’s no way Altman would risk fucking up a deal to try to teach Flagg a lesson. He’s all about business.

I don’t get the Piacaao thing. You are owning a home with 8 strangers? Who would want that? Then they can sell to anyone else. I guess there obviously has to be a schedule but I don’t know. Oh I googled it and looks like they cover all the repairs and utilities and do property management even after the home has sold. Which I’m assuming they are getting paid for. I guess it’s for ppl who can’t afford the whole house there self. I guess that’s not too bad.

So the Joshes sell a house to Pacaso who then sells it to 8 different ppl and does the property management. I’m assuming they up the price.

I just don’t care to see the stupid fake drama. The show is entertaining without it.

At least there wasn’t the usual annoying back and forth with the price and the seller getting so offended over a lower offer.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 8

OMG!  This was so edited drama.  I'm sure that the houses that they were touring were in Napa.  But they were staying in Healdsburg which is in Sonoma County.  Kendall Jackson is one of the biggest wineries in Sonoma County, Bobby and Heather were at the Murphy Goode tasting room on the square in Healdsburg, and Madrona Manor with its Michelin starred restaurant is in Sonoma County.

It's at least an hour and half drive to Napa.  The four of them probably wanted a weekend away in Healdsburg and they edited in the trip to Napa.  So the Josh-Josh drama is all faked.  That third house was incredible.

• Love 3
On 1/6/2022 at 10:36 PM, Marley said:

I don’t get the Piacaao thing. You are owning a home with 8 strangers?

It will be interesting to see how the Picasso model evolves.  Many communities, like Napa, have banned Airbnb / VRBO / etc.   Part of Picasso’s success is that it is skirting the Airbnb bans.  Those communities are now trying to find a way to restrict Picasso.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I think the Napa showings were a property Pacaso (strange spelling) owned, and the other two were decoys.    With eight owners on each property, I think the scheduling would be a nightmare.      I think the Napa stuff was just for publicity for Pacaso, and to get more film for the show.     However, I'm always happy to look at expensive houses. 

I just wish they would stop with the arguing, and storylines.   Just show houses. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

The houses on this episode were not my style (although the 3rd one was very nice). The Madrona hotel they were staying at though? Heaven.

I wish they would knock off the silly manufactured fighting stuff. If I were picking sides, I'd definitely be on team Flagg, as it seemed Altman was making stuff up in his head to be mad about. It was so nice to see such gorgeous scenery, and just tour around. That region of California is just breathtakingly beautiful - all those rolling hills and big oak trees. That is plenty to keep me entertained.

Glad the respective spouses are showing solidarity no matter what!

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

I wish they would knock off the silly manufactured fighting stuff. If I were picking sides, I'd definitely be on team Flagg, as it seemed Altman was making stuff up in his head to be mad about. 

It's also why I enjoy the moments shared between Heather and Bobby, since they openly articulate their respective husbands' weaknesses. They're nice with what they say, but they know. 😂

• Love 7

This drama is all manufactured. Josh and Josh are successful in their right and do not need to co-list. I can see them doing is as a courtesy for a long-standing client, but otherwise, why should they? Can you imagine owning a house with 7 other people. What happens when you want to change out the tile? 

Bobby and Heather need their own show, YouTube, podcast or something. I haven't been too fond of Heather until the Josh & Josh show. She comes across as being so fake. This show pictured her in a better light. 

I like Josh Flagg a lot. But after seeing Bobby in action, I wonder Josh Flagg who? Remind me where I know that name. Bobby's YouTube is a hoot. Josh has one too. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Showthyme said:

Bobby and Heather need their own show, YouTube, podcast or something. 

I know she's been on Bobby's IG cooking show, but I agree. They need something concrete. They're so much fun to watch.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Pegasaurus said:

I thought it was a good season finale.  Glad the Josh' kissed & made-up after their faux fight in Napa.  Bobby was adorable, as always.

Good real estate tours.  Newport is really amazing.  

So they had 2 nannies plus 2 grandmothers to watch the little ones  That's the way to vacation with kids!  Love that the pups went along also.

It looked like Josh and Bobby brought their housekeeper too.  It was a head scratcher.

• Love 4

I am jealous that Josh and Heather have a home in LA and a home in Newport. These two have it all and they are young enough to enjoy it. They even have close knit families that all like each other. I mean, it's a fairytale, right? 

Josh and Bobby have a beautiful life, too. They pick up and travel to Paris or other fabulous destinations on a whim (Bobby said in an interview that Josh was spontaneous like that and liked to surprise him). It's nice to see Josh working with charities and giving back to the community. I like that he said his parents raised him to know the importance of philanthropy and he follows through with that. 

All in all both couples seem like they are grounded and decent people despite their life of luxury and wealth that few of us are afforded. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 14

I really enjoyed this episode.   The Newport houses were amazing.   I had to laugh at poor George (Flagg and Bobby's dog if I screwed the name up), inching down the gang plank.   I don't like gang planks either.   

I love Heather being made a partner.    I loved the party at the end, and the recap of their adventures. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I am jealous that Josh and Heather have a home in LA and a home in Newport. These two have it all and they are young enough to enjoy it. They even have close knit families that all like each other. I mean, it's a fairytale, right? 

Josh and Bobby have a beautiful life, too. They pick up and travel to Paris or other fabulous destinations on a whim (Bobby said in an interview that Josh was spontaneous like that and liked to surprise him). It's nice to see Josh working with charities and giving back to the community. I like that he said his parents raised him to know the importance of philanthropy and he follows through with that. 

All in all both couples seem like they are grounded and decent people despite their life of luxury and wealth that few of us are afforded. 

I so agree with this! I've always adored Flagg & glad I can finally like Altman-- marriage and fatherhood have been transformative. I  also appreciate that he recognizes he         "married up" 😉 Heather is gorgeous, smart, and they certainly present as tho' they truly love each other.

What I'm curious about re: Altman is what are those weird circle things on his back? I realize they're likely some sort of tattoo-- but?  At first glance I thought he'd had a skin disease of some sort, or perhaps needed skin grafts due to an accident of some sort. Anyone know what they are/maybe where to see a close-up pic of what they actually look like?

From his love of bright orange to that enormous creepy  metal face-wall  in his office his taste causes my synapses to curl into themselves kinda like the Witch of the East's feet curled back under Dorothy's house. So what those things on his back might be brings a sense of horrified fascination....

Also -- that "hammock" bathtub!😲 Amazing concept-- not sure how it works tho'. Didn't think it looked deep enough for a satisfying soak &  does the dirty water drain out onto a bed of rocks?

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode (all 4 episodes actually). The houses were great esp. the $40 mil one and the one the client purchased (I'd just live outside in that yard!)

Really nice to see the Joshes bust out the maturity and make nice with the mutual apologies and behave like pleasant adults.

Bravo could simply extend these 4 episodes into a season of Flagg, Altman and spouses & never look back to the messy, overpopulated, unnecessarily drama-ridden original. This viewer, at least, would rejoice.💃

• Love 8
5 hours ago, BlueHawk said:

What I'm curious about re: Altman is what are those weird circle things on his back? I realize they're likely some sort of tattoo-- but? 

It's called Cupping Therapy and is a form of alternative medicine. The marks last a few days to a few weeks. You can look it up online for more pics. I don't know the exact reason for doing it but it looks gross. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, BlueHawk said:

What I'm curious about re: Altman is what are those weird circle things on his back? I realize they're likely some sort of tattoo-- but?  At first glance I thought he'd had a skin disease of some sort, or perhaps needed skin grafts due to an accident of some sort. Anyone know what they are/maybe where to see a close-up pic of what they actually look like?

Those red circles are the result of Cupping, which was sort of made "famous" first by Michael Phelps in the 2016 Rio Olympics.  

Basically, a glass jar is inverted over an area and heated up; once removed, it leaves those marks.  They are temporary.

The therapy is typically used for particular muscle soreness.  What I noticed on Josh A. was that he had several cupping marks on one particular area of his shoulder/back, so he must have a tight/sore muscle area there.

image.png.69693ca29ac6b707a00be2cf49e527bd.png

• Useful 5
8 hours ago, BlueHawk said:

Bravo could simply extend these 4 episodes into a season of Flagg, Altman and spouses & never look back to the messy, overpopulated, unnecessarily drama-ridden original. This viewer, at least, would rejoice.💃

I agree.   Plus, they showed Aspen, the Napa area, Newport Beach, and it was a different type of house.   I really enjoy something besides the white modern box houses.     

That cupping mark on his shoulder is used to increase circulation to that area.    

• Love 3
9 hours ago, BlueHawk said:

If the ratings are decent they’ll probably turn this into its own show and keep the original, too. All these companies want more content. Maybe that’s why they brought Fredrik in, because Bravo knew they’d be pulling the Josh’s away and wanted to bring in a “known quantity” to replace them. If that’s the case, I give Bravo credit for planning this far in advance. I mean, back when they wanted to build a show around Lisa Vanderpump she just pitched them to film her staff and they created Vanderpump Rules. They didn’t really do a “trial” show. Same with Below Deck and other spin-offs. 

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Pegasaurus said:

I guess nobody uses Ben Gay anymore. 😏

My dad would tell my brothers to "run it off". Because running would make your broken ankle or dislocated shoulder all better.

Wonder if Josh A. has a torn rotator cuff. Hopefully not because those hurt. Bad.

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, Pegasaurus said:

I guess nobody uses Ben Gay anymore. 😏

Or it doesn't work for some people and while I've never had it done, friends with my kind of muscle atrophy have reported good results, because it helps increase bloodflow, and sometimes pain relief isn't the goal or only goal (and, believe it or not, for some of us Ben Gay and even pure lidocaine don't work for pain). This is not an endorsement of cupping. 

Altman almost made me dump this show his first seasons (maybe his love for his dogs and their love for him told me there was more to him), but I enjoy this show much better when I don't have to grit through his scenes and like everyone. This was fun!  

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, lynxfx said:

And MDLLA fans rejoice. 

I’m one of them myself. I didn’t like him in NYC & I didn’t like him in LA either. Too much of an OTT ham. He might be a top seller but I never liked him. I’m sure he’ll end up on Netflix or somewhere else because he’s too much of a narcissist not to. I wonder if he needs to be replaced by another agent on either show or do they have enough agents as is? Time will tell. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I’m one of them myself. I didn’t like him in NYC & I didn’t like him in LA either. Too much of an OTT ham. He might be a top seller but I never liked him. I’m sure he’ll end up on Netflix or somewhere else because he’s too much of a narcissist not to. I wonder if he needs to be replaced by another agent on either show or do they have enough agents as is? Time will tell. 

I definitely don’t think LA needs any new agents. The show had a good balance without Fredrik. I think New York is a slightly different story. They probably don’t need another agent to produce the show, but I think it’s more likely that NY will add someone. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I think Fredrik made the right decision to leave the show. He didn't fit in with the LA agents. His antics were damaging his business reputation.

• Love 10

All I can think of is the reporter from the Simpsons when Krusty announced he was retiring. 
“But Krusty, why now? Why not twenty years ago?” 😂😂😂

Edited by Stan39
Typo
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Fredric certainly wore out his welcome on both editions of this show.    I wonder if his departure was only his idea?   

I was thinking the same thing.  Hmmmm…..the story sounds bogus to me.  And to think, I used to like him.   

• Love 5
15 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Fredric certainly wore out his welcome on both editions of this show.    I wonder if his departure was only his idea?   

I was worried that he would try to make fetch happen on the LA version.

Edited by Surrealist
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I wish I could say the network wised up and stepped in, but it kind of seemed like they thought people liked the drama. A couple of years ago, it felt like the agents (including Fredrik) were mostly getting along on both editions, and the shows were SO much better. I don’t know who thought Fredrik’s drama on both editions, back to back, was good tv. 

It wouldn’t shock me if his business partner stepped in. I can’t see how Fredrik staying on much longer was a good look professionally, and they certainly don’t need the exposure. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I wish I could say the network wised up and stepped in, but it kind of seemed like they thought people liked the drama. A couple of years ago, it felt like the agents (including Fredrik) were mostly getting along on both editions, and the shows were SO much better. I don’t know who thought Fredrik’s drama on both editions, back to back, was good tv. 

It wouldn’t shock me if his business partner stepped in. I can’t see how Fredrik staying on much longer was a good look professionally, and they certainly don’t need the exposure. 

If I was a high end buyer or seller , I would be reluctant to hire Fredrik. he acts like an emotional teenager at some of the meetings.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I wonder if Fredrik would have stayed on MDL if he and his family had never moved to LA. It's interesting that this became a thing once they left NY.

Fredrik did not fit it with the LA crowd. His husband wanted to move to LA.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, oakville said:

It really all depends on his “next big project.” If he never appears on TV again (not likely) or gets his own show on Bravo or Netflix (possible) then a lot of the questions on this thread get answered. I, for one, think he gets his own show. I’d never watch it, but putting him on two franchises suggests Bravo values something in him. 

• Useful 1
Just now, Stan39 said:

It really all depends on his “next big project.” If he never appears on TV again (not likely) or gets his own show on Bravo or Netflix (possible) then a lot of the questions on this thread get answered. I, for one, think he gets his own show. I’d never watch it, but putting him on two franchises suggests Bravo values something in him. 

I remember he had a show with Bethenny Frankel a few years ago. He was renovating an apartment in NYC. Bethenny yelled at him & he got very frustrated with her.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Yeah. I didn't get the impression Fredrik even wanted to move to LA. Living in NYC had been his childhood dream.

20 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

Yeah. I didn't get the impression Fredrik even wanted to move to LA. Living in NYC had been his childhood dream.

I think Fredrik's husband was born in South Africa & wanted to live in a warmer climate.

It would make more sense to move to Miami than L.A.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

6 minutes ago, oakville said:

I think Fredrik's husband was born in South Africa & wanted to live in a warmer climate.

It would make more sense to move to Miami than L.A.

Yeah. I always thought it was an odd move. It was known when they got married that Fredrik’s career was in New York. Also, Fredrik’s brother had just moved to NY to be near them. I can understand Derek’s disdain for cold weather (I hate cold weather too), but they’re rich. It seems like it would’ve made more sense for them to stay in NYC and Derek be the one to fly to warmer climates every now and then, especially since it doesn’t seem like he has a demanding job. Instead, Fredrik is flying back and forth across the country and living in LA, where he doesn’t fit in at all….

I really wonder if he regrets the move. It’s definitely when he went downhill on MDL for me. He was always awful on the LA show, but even the last NY season was all about him living in LA and not being at his listings enough…blah, blah, blah. It got old quick! 

• Love 5