Type keyword(s) to search

Million Dollar Listing LA - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I  like James and David as a team. They don’t fight (from what I’ve seen) and, really compliment each other. One of them will stop talking and the other will pick up without any issue. Great partnership. I like everyone in the cast less Frederick. I know it’s a reality show but he soooo annoying and OTT that I can’t take him seriously. The houses in the last 2 episodes have been off the chart but the one house with the ocean view (which looked like Hawaii) didn’t have a pool so I’m going to have to pass on it. LOL!!!!

Also, I liked how Tracy and Altman were in total agreement supporting Flagg about his lack of commissions from Suzanne and Alan Hamilton. Are they frikin nuts? He does all this work (and, they’re friends) and, they cut him out of the deal!? WTF? I’m going to miss the show after the finale but hopefully NYC will return soon in the New Year.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Pegasaurus said:

I thought this episode was rather disappointing and dull.  How many times do we have to see the replay of Fredricks award that he made up? Or the spat he had with James & David about that real estate deal that was supposed to be private?  Way beyond caring if I ever did in the first place.

And too many overpriced huge modern box houses with way too much glass. All tech and no style/substance.

Why does Tracy show her bare midsection in so many of her "business" attire outfits?

It’s funny but the glass staircase railings scare me. LOL!!! I don’t know what I think would happen but I see glass and I see myself falling. LOL!!!!!  Agree about the houses being so huge but it’s what the show is about big and bigger. I do think it’s funny when they show a gym and there like two bikes. Um, shouldn’t there be 20 bikes for the space? I did like the movie theater in one of the houses with the starlights above on the ceiling. That said, the houses are so big they look like hotels. Like Altman said, whomever is buying theses homes are rich then him, interviewer and us. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

The team she has now is not what I expected from Tracy. A bunch of young, green, unpolished, unsophisticated yokels from the valley. Tracy sells very high end real estate, wears designer everything and is a bit of a snob. It doesn't mesh. Unless of course this is just her TV team. 

I bet you're right, they're her newest hires, and the only ones who have time to sit there and be filmed.   The other agents are actually getting listings, doing showings, and hopefully, at closings.   

I agree about the glass walled stairs, and I hate open tread staircases too.     I'm not good with heights, so I couldn't live in the modern boxes even if I could afford one of them. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I  like James and David as a team. They don’t fight (from what I’ve seen) and, really compliment each other. One of them will stop talking and the other will pick up without any issue. Great partnership. I like everyone in the cast less Frederick. I know it’s a reality show but he soooo annoying and OTT that I can’t take him seriously. The houses in the last 2 episodes have been off the chart but the one house with the ocean view (which looked like Hawaii) didn’t have a pool so I’m going to have to pass on it. LOL!!!!

Also, I liked how Tracy and Altman were in total agreement supporting Flagg about his lack of commissions from Suzanne and Alan Hamilton. Are they frikin nuts? He does all this work (and, they’re friends) and, they cut him out of the deal!? WTF? I’m going to miss the show after the finale but hopefully NYC will return soon in the New Year.

I think Suzanne Somers and her awful husband were just vile,  Josh handled it with grace and humor but good lord,  I hope he doesn't stay friends with them.  He may think he will get references, but the references will be that he can be used and then not paid.  Suzanne Somers has always been a gross and classless person if you ask me,  and she showed us who she is on this show.  I wouldn't deal with them ever.

• Love 12

I'll just mention that I saw a big photo of Suzanne on the front of one of those tabloids by the checkout register, and man did they do some photoshop on her face. She actually looked pretty good, not all dried up and overcooked.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, jrzy said:

I think Suzanne Somers and her awful husband were just vile,  Josh handled it with grace and humor but good lord,  I hope he doesn't stay friends with them.  He may think he will get references, but the references will be that he can be used and then not paid.  Suzanne Somers has always been a gross and classless person if you ask me,  and she showed us who she is on this show.  I wouldn't deal with them ever.

There was an episode years ago where the buyer was trying to work out a deal and her “solution” was for the agents to not take their commissions. It was pretty shocking how casually she just threw it out there as an option and the agent was taken aback. I guess there are people who think you should always ask for what you want in case you might get it, but I’m always of the opinion that how much I want something depends on how much I’m willing to pay for it and I don’t expect other people to sacrifice on my behalf. Then again, I’m a horribly negotiator. Lol. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Pegasaurus said:

Why does Tracy show her bare midsection in so many of her "business" attire outfits?

The backless blouse was ridiculous.  And the way she was going on about the DWTS dancer's house being wrecked I thought we were going to see holes in the walls and stains on the carpet, but no, it looked fine.  She overreacts so much and then pats herself on the back like she solved all the world's problems by "fixing" it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The backless blouse was ridiculous.  And the way she was going on about the DWTS dancer's house being wrecked I thought we were going to see holes in the walls and stains on the carpet, but no, it looked fine.  She overreacts so much and then pats herself on the back like she solved all the world's problems by "fixing" it.

Was there ever a before photo of said wrecked house? I think to her wrecked house means old shag carpeting. I’m sure it will sell. It was a pretty home. It’s funny I haven’t even noticed her bare midriff. I’m too busy looking at her overly glassy lips. LOL!!!! Her daughters seem nice. Until the reality world chews them up and spits them out. I wasn’t familiar with her ex-husband since I’ve been in and out of the LA version. He seemed kind of normal. Model good looking but normal. LOL!!!!!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, dleighg said:

I'll just mention that I saw a big photo of Suzanne on the front of one of those tabloids by the checkout register, and man did they do some photoshop on her face. She actually looked pretty good, not all dried up and overcooked.

I saw that too. I think it's an old picture.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, dleighg said:

Without photoshop and heavy makeup she has sunspots and wrinkles all over her body. Baking in the dry desert sun with no sunscreen will do that to a person. I have seen paparazzi photo's with no touch up and it's not pretty. I mean she is 75 yrs. old but she tries to project some image of ageless beauty which just isn't true. 

• Love 7

I stopped watching this show cause Fredrik. He ruined it for me. He’s just so annoying and over the top and just his whole family is such a fake crafted image. Trophy husband with 2 perfect little kids. Those kids better never mess up or go thru an awkward phase because Fredrik would have a heart attack.

I will watch Josh and Josh tho because I like them.

• Love 6

You gotta love Tracy’s salesmanship on the upgrades and staging. 
“Do you think it’s worth it?”

“Oh yeah. I’ve never lost money on these fixups.” How do you prove that?

”Was it worth it?”

”oh yeah, before the remodeling I would have listed it for this number I just made up in my head. But now I can list it for this higher number I just made up in my head.” So dumb. 

As we were touring Altman’s new listing I kept trying to figure out who’s going to buy that very specific house that seems practically impossible to remodel. Then it sadly hit me. I bet some company buys it for a reality show or to host a bunch of influencers for content. I hear people are doing that it LA now. It’s just sickening to think a bunch of bratty 20-year-olds (who have no discernible skills) are going to live in and not appreciate that house, while they show people how to comb their hair or film 15 second poorly choreographed dancing 😔

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Tracy needs a wardrobe consultant. Someone on the show should do an intervention with her to encourage her to dress in a professional manner.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I fast forward through the fake fights, and just watch for the houses.   I do enjoy some of the personal stuff, like James and David screwing up dinner.  

But that seemed fake, too. Lol. David seemed uninterested in the whole thing from the start. You’d think for someone claiming to care about cooking that he would have put in more effort. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I fast forward through the fake fights, and just watch for the houses.   I do enjoy some of the personal stuff, like James and David screwing up dinner.  

But I've got to wonder if that was producer created and just as fake as the fights?

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Was there ever a before photo of said wrecked house?

We saw her walking through it and complaining that it was trashed. All I could see is it needed a good paint job and upgrade the backyard landscaping. that is not the definition of trashed. STFU Tracy. 

7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I wasn’t familiar with her ex-husband since I’ve been in and out of the LA version. He seemed kind of normal. Model good looking but normal. LOL!!!!!

He's a successful contractor. I think he was a model before that! I wonder what went wrong in their marriage. In her first season on the show they seemed to be in a happy marriage. Guess not because the very next season they were divorcing!

• Love 6
11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

We saw her walking through it and complaining that it was trashed. All I could see is it needed a good paint job and upgrade the backyard landscaping. that is not the definition of trashed. STFU Tracy. 

He's a successful contractor. I think he was a model before that! I wonder what went wrong in their marriage. In her first season on the show they seemed to be in a happy marriage. Guess not because the very next season they were divorcing!

And, apparently he doesn’t do social media & has no Instagram. The horror! Sounds like a smart guy. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

And, apparently he doesn’t do social media & has no Instagram. The horror!

An older episode was on of the first season Tracy was on the show and he didn’t seem comfortable with the cameras or having his family on TV. Maybe it’s the reverse cliche in that Tracy is going through a midlife crisis and wants the fame and young boy toy while her husband just wants to raise his family and go through life. 

• Love 10
On 12/11/2021 at 11:05 PM, bichonblitz said:

In her first season on the show they seemed to be in a happy marriage. Guess not because the very next season they were divorcing!

That seems to be par for the course in reality television marriages. 

• Love 3
On 12/11/2021 at 9:10 PM, ByaNose said:

And, apparently he doesn’t do social media & has no Instagram. The horror! Sounds like a smart guy. 

On 12/12/2021 at 9:41 PM, Grrarrggh said:
On 12/11/2021 at 9:10 PM, ByaNose said:

Sounds like a typically very wealthy White male over the age of 40.

You are both on to something.  My friends who own their own businesses, or who are executives in a business, just have no time or use for social media.  I occasionally see them on Facebook, but it seems to be just a way for them to see all the pictures of the grandkids.

Edited by TheLastKidPicked
  • Love 5
On 12/11/2021 at 2:05 PM, ByaNose said:

He seemed kind of normal. Model good looking but normal. LOL!!!!!

I am quite certain that if I ever visited LA, the moment I landed, I'd have a bag thrown over my head, be tossed into a van, and driven to an underground work camp where I'd be forced to shovel coal to power elective surgeries, in-home basketball courts, and infinity pools.

• LOL 7

I’ve watched this show off and on but not regularly.  Does Tracy like to show off her body?  (The whole dancing thing and having to change out of her sparkly tight dress into the short, back-baring dancing dress!  lol).  Maybe it’s an L.A. thing.

• Love 2

Flagg TH: "What the fuck is he listing a property for 50 million that's worth 5? It was actually a one-time beautiful 1920s Mediterranean that was completely bastardized."

Josh spitting facts.

Tracy: "You don't all of a sudden slap a price like 50 million on a house just because it's creepy and weird."

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 8

The costume party was fun, except for the fake fighting.      I loved seeing some of the highlights of the season, but that would have been enough without the fake drama, and the ridiculous fake feuds.  

Fredrik looked cute as Marilyn.   Flagg was so good as Howard Hughes, and Bobby looked so handsome, but he always does.       James and David and especially Tracy had adorable costumes.       I enjoyed seeing that house Fredrik was showing, but it did look more like a museum, not a house.    

Sue was a typical, but very rich seller.   They almost all think that they'll get what they put into a property, and  it will sell quickly, and they'll make a bonanza.     

I'm wondering if the San Clemente house was one of Fredrik's associates?    It's still Elliman.     I doubt the high priced realtors such as the ones on the show actually do the grunt work.   Fredrik also has a huge number of agents that work for him too. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

Josh Flagg is my fave on the show. Loved what he said about the house. What idiot would overpay so much just because some famous people had lived in it.

I thought the house Fredrik was showing was so ugly.

Fredrik is the worst. He’s so annoying to me. He is a clown and he’s ruining the show.

I don’t care about Tracy dancing.

Altman saying he looks like he’s 12 now cause his beard is gone cracked me up.

Edited by Marley
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, Marley said:

Josh Flagg is my fave on the show. Loved what he said about the house. What idiot would overpay so much just because some famous people had lived in it.

Fredrik is the worst. He’s so annoying to me. He is a clown and he’s ruining the show.

It doesn't make sense for Fredrik to list a property that is worth $5m for $50M. I doubt that the property was listed at that amount.

I hate the fake fighting over made up awards. It makes everyone look immature.

I am surprised that Altman sold that beautiful house for $45m.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Marley said:

I thought the house looked ridiculous and really dated.

I can't believe Sue thought it was worth 100 million out of the gate. She's on something.

• Love 7

Minus the fake-fighting, the costume broker party was super fun. Frederik looked great in his Marilyn get-up, and everyone else had great costumes.

The Sue Wong property ("Cedars") was bizarre but in a fascinating way. I loved Flagg's commentary on the house. I wonder what it would look like without all of Sue's crazy embellishments. The diagonally painted stripes on all of the gold columns were driving me absolutely crazy - I wanted to go in with a bucket of paint and erase them all! The grounds were absolutely gorgeous. I'm a sucker for Hollywood history and lore, so anything that gets me away from boring glass and concrete boxes for awhile is entertaining.

The manufactured fights between Altman and Frederik are dull. It's weird, because I thoroughly enjoyed Frederik on the NY series, but he's such an annoying clown when transplanted to L.A. I enjoy all of the other cast-members.

• Love 6
On 12/11/2021 at 9:13 AM, jrzy said:

I read online about 2 weeks back that Suzanne and her husband are trying to launch a reality show, I'm sure w/details on their claim of sex three times daily. I can't imagine they think they got good exposure from Million Dollar Listing LA, but whatever! 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Thumper said:

I’ve watched this show off and on but not regularly.  Does Tracy like to show off her body?  (The whole dancing thing and having to change out of her sparkly tight dress into the short, back-baring dancing dress!  lol).  Maybe it’s an L.A. thing.

Yes, she does. Newly divorced, has a boyfriend 25 yrs younger and she is pushing 50. Plus her bf is a trainer so she is constantly working out. She is annoying AF and her backless, tummy baring wardrobe choices are ugly AF. 

• Love 11
On 12/11/2021 at 9:13 AM, jrzy said:

I mean how much clout do Somers and Hamel even HAVE in Hollywood anymore?  I don't think former "Thighmaster Spokesidiot" opens any doors.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 12/11/2021 at 5:35 PM, oakville said:

Tracy needs a wardrobe consultant. Someone on the show should do an intervention with her to encourage her to dress in a professional manner.

I guess you haven't seen what the women wear on Selling Sunset.  They make Tracy look normal.

On 12/16/2021 at 8:26 PM, Surrealist said:

Flagg TH: "What the fuck is he listing a property for 50 million that's worth 5? It was actually a one-time beautiful 1920s Mediterranean that was completely bastardized."

Josh spitting facts.

Tracy: "You don't all of a sudden slap a price like 50 million on a house just because it's creepy and weird."

I wondered at first why Josh Flagg wasn't selling this house.  Now I know why.

• Love 8
On 12/17/2021 at 12:17 AM, Cheezwiz said:

The Sue Wong property ("Cedars") was bizarre but in a fascinating way. I loved Flagg's commentary on the house. I wonder what it would look like without all of Sue's crazy embellishments.

I think Sue's house without embellishments, would look like any other estate.   

My guess is when the seller heard what the agents wanted to put the market price at, she decided not to sell. 

Apparently not the same home, but still owned by Sue Wong. Price dropped to $5.395 million. 

https://www.zizipak.com/homes-for-sale-details/5370-LOS-FELIZ-BOULEVARD-LOS-ANGELES-CA-90027/21787492/306/

I like this house.   The one on MDLLA was so overdone, and ornate that it would never be a home, just a museum. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think Sue's house without embellishments, would look like any other estate.   I suspect that unless someone super rich falls in love with the embellishments, that the house won't bring anything near $50 million.    My guess is when no offers are made, that the seller will get ticked, and take it off the market.  

Or she heard about everyone laughing about the suggested price, and went with another company, as listed below.   Price dropped to $5.395 million. 

https://www.zizipak.com/homes-for-sale-details/5370-LOS-FELIZ-BOULEVARD-LOS-ANGELES-CA-90027/21787492/306/

That looks like a different house than the one on Million Dollar Listing. The LA Times article says about this one: "Found near the entrance to Griffith Park, the Spanish-style hacienda isn’t the first Los Feliz home Wong has given a makeover. In 2004, she bought a 10,000-square-foot mansion known as the Cedars, and during a three-year-restoration, brought the estate back to its Golden Age of Hollywood glory." 

Isn't it Cedars that is on Million Dollar Listing?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Yes, the house on the show was the Cedars.   The other house actually on the market is also Sue Wong's and apparently she's doing a lot of remodels that will be sold in Los Feliz.     After looking at the one that's actually for sale, I can see how tastefully the remodels are done.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 11/10/2021 at 8:07 PM, oakville said:

I remember when Heather appeared on MDL as Madison's assistant several seasons ago .. She was very pretty. I don't know why he had so much plastic surgery done.

She was absolutely gorgeous back then but has had too much work done now that she really didn't need.

Ah yes Madison, the whiniest bitch to ever grace tv.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

She was absolutely gorgeous back then but has had too much work done now that she really didn't need.

Ah yes Madison, the whiniest bitch to ever grace tv.

He really had only himself to blame for his downward spiral. Everything was going fine, he was even the one who initially suggested Altman and Heather date. Then he got paranoid and tried pushing that insane narrative that Heather betrayed him because (shocker) she wanted to grow professionally and wasn’t satisfied being his underpaid assistant forever. (The same thing happened WAAY long ago in an early season where another assistant left Madison for more money and career growth and all he could talk about was how unfair it was for him). All he had to do was be a decent boss and he’d probably still be on the show and be a cast favorite, but I guess a tiger always shows its stripes. 

• Love 7

The party looked like fun but the fight was so staged. Which is appropriate since it’s a Hollywood home. I thought Josh looked good with the mustache but just as good with a beard, too. Tracy actually looks good with brown hair and short at that. Of course, since it’s California she needs to be blonde. I think it’s the law or something. LOL!!!!  I’m looking forward to next season and would be happy if Fredrik didn’t return but I’m sure he will. 

• Love 4

I wish they would just show the houses, and stop with the staged feuds, and other 'drama' that adds nothing to the show. 

I bet Sue Wong had no intention of selling the estate, The Cedars, and it was just a storyline to show her designs, and then promote her other homes in the area that she's flipping and selling in Los Feliz.    I like the one that's on the market, it's really a home, not a museum, and is lovely, without all of the over-the-top design elements.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

I know some reality shows use fake house for their “stars” but does James Harris really live in that normal looking house with the garage gym? My house looks just like his and I ain’t rich. LOL!!! It looks like a normal neighborhood with normal folk. Perhaps he has a mansion somewhere else and winter & summer home but the house they always show is quite ordinary. Nice but ordinary. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Marley said:

I think James is rich but not mansion rich. Like compared to me he’s a rich mf but compared to other rich ppl he’s barely rich.

Why do I totally understand everything you just wrote?! LOL!!!! I guess it’s all relative, right? In California and as a realtor there are all different levels of success and income. That said, he probably has 3-4 other small getaway homes, too. I didn’t really think of it until I saw that they were working out in the garage with a mirror. I mean isn’t that for poor people like me?! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 12/18/2021 at 9:42 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

The other house actually on the market is also Sue Wong's and apparently she's doing a lot of remodels that will be sold in Los Feliz.     After looking at the one that's actually for sale, I can see how tastefully the remodels are done.

The other house of Sue's (near Griffith Park) looks truly beautiful, and sounds like it's priced more in line with what they were quoting for that part of L.A. Loved getting a peek inside something a bit different - I wish these shows mixed things up a bit more in terms of architecture.

• Love 3

James' "modest home", in California, is probably $2-3 million.  

In many other states, it's a $400K house.

Also, he's the sole wage earner, raising a family.  I'd say he's doing pretty well.

Plus, I like that it's a homey house.  Not a glass & concrete box.

The one question I have is, do David & James ever do any individual deals?  Or is every sale a split?

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 6