Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: All That Glitters Isn't Gold

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

At points she was. The clip they showed was at the very end of the fight after Kate had told her more than once to lower her voice and that they needed to go downstairs.

I watched that episode again over the weekend and don't consider what happened to fall into the "screaming" category.  Yes, Laura raised her voice while too close to the guests.   Yes Kate moved her away and told her to lower her voice.   Those things are true.   What is not true though is that Laura screamed at Kate.    If you considered that screaming you must have a very quiet polite family.   My family is noisy and loud. LOL

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

Come on! "Me too" is still pretty selectively applied, depending on whom and where. Witness the "us Vs. them" standard on this show.  We (the viewing audience) can snicker and giggle, but the guests are scum if they do.

I saw a clip from the old Johnny Carson show of Gordon Ramsay being an absolute a-hole to Sofia Vergara, in a way that was totally acceptable in that time frame. Not only acceptable but encouraged and condoned in a "good old boy" way.  Everyone (today) was getting all  huffy and "O my" about it. But come on!  That was then. Do we watch Gordon Ramsay because he's such a fine upstanding example of what a gentleman should be? No, of course not. 

So how is it we get all huffy when this show, which is obviously NOT about PC-ness, isn't PC?  If the show wasn't outrageous nobody would watch it.

nope. Nope! NOPE!!

If you go back through the seasons, you'll see posts talking about how inappropriate it is to sexually harass the male crew. It was absolutely a point of contention in the threads when the Atlanta Housewives showed up. Emile, while shirtless, had to come and feed the women chocolate covered strawberries.

Furthermore high end or low end, most guests and patrons don't expect to walk into a restaurant, hotel, or boat cruise and demand that the service personnel kowtow to their ridiculous wardrobe demands. You don't expect the staff of Le Bernadin and the Four Seasons to don purple thongs just because you've paid their bosses $50K; nor do you expect to get away with that at a Motel 6 and Dennys. Most viewers have never found the sexual harassment hilarious. I posted in the last episode thread about how angry viewers were when Kate seemed to be making light  of those guest who assaulted Jen. Additionally there have been many posts about how we don't really approve of sleazy comments from guests and crew, including Adrian's gross comments in this episode.

Absence of a critique does not mean approval. 

• Love 22

Poor Rhylee never got the memo that having sex doesn't equal love.  I don't even really think she's after love, I think she's after attention.  Look how she boils when a guy pays attention to any other girl.  She probably is the hot ticket up in Alaska on her fishing boat.  All teeth and nasal-talk flirting.  I'm sure she thought she'd be the hot girl this season.  I love the fact that she seems to be not liked in polls.  She has no morals at all, just a skank-- and if she keeps this up in real life she'll be an old skank soon.  Sorry to be rude but I always end up cringing during her parts of the show! 

Agree with everyone regarding Josiah-- love him!  And Adrian-- ick!

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Joan van Snark said:

About the food thing.....I kind of agree with the guests a little bit (although they could have been less rude about it).  If I am on a once in a lifetime vacation, paying tens of thousands for a two day excursion, I want to EAT!  This lunch at 2, dinner at 8 or 9 thing they seem to do on this show....I would be pretty darn hungry too!  Especially with all the alcohol they seem to consume on these trips, I would want some nibbles.  Doesn't seem like there are ever any hors d'ouevres or snacks available.  These guys all looked to be into body building as well.  Muscles burn a lot of calories!

To me, being the chef would be the worst job on the boat.  I know how time consuming cooking for one person can be....can't imagine being responsible for feeding the guests, the captain, and the crew every meal for weeks on end.  I'm really surprised there aren't two chefs, or at least a 'sous-chef' or assistant.  How can one person cook that much food?

In the Marines 4 of us cooked for 500. It wasnt that hard. We had a much better kitchen though.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, stcroix said:

Poor Rhylee never got the memo that having sex doesn't equal love.  I don't even really think she's after love, I think she's after attention.  Look how she boils when a guy pays attention to any other girl.  She probably is the hot ticket up in Alaska on her fishing boat.  All teeth and nasal-talk flirting.  I'm sure she thought she'd be the hot girl this season.  I love the fact that she seems to be not liked in polls.  She has no morals at all, just a skank-- and if she keeps this up in real life she'll be an old skank soon.  Sorry to be rude but I always end up cringing during her parts of the show! 

Agree with everyone regarding Josiah-- love him!  And Adrian-- ick!

What irks the fuck out of me is when women like Rhylee give women a bad name in general, or perpetuate this easy fuck thing. I mean,  Rhylee’s been intimate with this dude since he walked on to the boat. They go out and he starts drunk make out with a stranger right in front her. And instead of cutting him off? She gets with on as hey stumble into their cabin. Way to go Rhylee, great role model there for girls and women. She’s pathetic and that behavior makes me think she  goes from 0-100 because she’s has serious self confidence/esteem issues deep down. Because women who are secure with themselves and who have self esteem wouldn’t let that mental idiot get a way with making out with a stranger in front of her.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Because women who are secure with themselves and who have self esteem wouldn’t let that mental idiot get a way with making out with a stranger in front of her.

Or they don’t actually give a fuck about the dude they just want to get off which I completely support. However, Rhylee is doing the thing that I believe actually give women a bad name and insist they are completely cool with no strings attached fucking and then change their tune shortly  after and most likely were never okay with it to begin with.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 12
On 1/15/2019 at 10:33 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

Can you imagine having to endure Adrian's comments all day and then having to share a room and bathroom with him?

I wouldn't endure his comments.

Privately nip it in the bud. If that doesn't work then make the smackdown loud & public.

• Love 17
21 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Tyler, with his "Fresh tracks in the brand new peanut butter....sick!" to "Rhylee doesn't want me to tell anybody but, uh, we banged last night. It's pretty special to me." is the living embodiment of Liz Lemon's doofus boyfriend, Dennis Duffy, but somehow more simple-minded.

20 hours ago, RalyWilmy said:

I didn't watch 30 Rock so I'm not sure if this is a positive or negative comparison, lol.  But I thought the peanut butter thing funny and kind of cute.  The rest of the episode made me uncomfortable for all of the reasons that have already been elaborated. :-)

I never noticed it. But yeah, Tyler is a less mean Dennis Duffy. Then again, so is Rhylee excluding the less mean part. So ummm...Rhylee is actually Dennis Duffy. Didn't Dennis go on to marry a woman who was just like him?

Beeper King. Technology is cyclical. Oh Dennis!

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 3

Josiah seems nice and I like him. I felt bad for him this episode his discomfort was obvious. Hopefully going out in the gold outfit was really his choice.

Adrian is a creeper. I’ve been over his creepy comments for a while. I’ve been around guys like him before..you just laugh at his creepy jokes because it gets awkward if you don’t. It’s very gross to me. 

Rhylee fucked Tyler 5 times to mark her territory on Tyler just as Kate said. It’s gonna blow up in her face unfortunately.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 11

Funny, while the charter guests could be a little demanding , they were always polite. I heard a lot of thank yous, you're the best, this is great, etc. They seemed very appreciative of the service. Maybe there time schedule did not suit the crew but they were never nasty.

• Love 2
On 1/15/2019 at 10:53 PM, ghoulina said:

I feel for Josiah. I will fully admit that I'm not in ANY position to comment on the gay community, certain "types" of gays, etc. But he obviously has had some bad experiences and these guys are triggering him. 

I just hate the way they intentionally singled him out for the outfit. I felt like it was BECAUSE they know he's not comfortable. The entire thing is just gross. Would it be okay for straight men to ask Laura to put on a bikini?

This also made me uncomfortable.  I know it is a reality show, but it was gross making Josiah wear the outfit. If it was a bunch of straight guys and they brought some revealing thing for Kate or Laura to wear, would that make TV?  Not sure. 

• Love 11
21 hours ago, AnnA said:

I watched that episode again over the weekend and don't consider what happened to fall into the "screaming" category.  Yes, Laura raised her voice while too close to the guests.   Yes Kate moved her away and told her to lower her voice.   Those things are true.   What is not true though is that Laura screamed at Kate.    If you considered that screaming you must have a very quiet polite family.   My family is noisy and loud. LOL

I would say, regardless of decibels in her vocal level, Laura was insubordinate at best, fucking bitch  at worst, and totally unacceptable regardless. I would call her vocalizing in this instance as hissing...

• Love 19
On 1/15/2019 at 11:10 PM, njbchlover said:

I also am very uncomfortable with Adrian.  I called it back in either the thread for the first or second episode.  There was something there that just gave me creepy vibes, and now, it's really coming to the forefront.  He is an amazing chef, it seems....as Captain Lee said last week - he's got mad skills with food.  Too bad that just doesn't carry over into other parts of his life.  His constant comments to Laura are just uncalled for and completely inappropriate.

I have a feeling that maybe Adrian lives in a place where no one thinks twice about his comments.  A lot of people don't give a shit if someone says something "inappropriate," because they're not living with them.  The problem is that he and Laura are living in the same room, and are not in an intimate relationship, so what he's saying to her doesn't fit with the situation.  

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I would say, regardless of decibels in her vocal level, Laura was insubordinate at best, fucking bitch  at worst, and totally unacceptable regardless. I would call her vocalizing in this instance as hissing...

Laura was insubordinate but she was quite direct.   Hissing is more Kate's speed......especially behind someone's back.

• Love 4
On 1/16/2019 at 2:09 AM, Lizzing said:

Tyler, with his "Fresh tracks in the brand new peanut butter....sick!" to "Rhylee doesn't want me to tell anybody but, uh, we banged last night. It's pretty special to me." is the living embodiment of Liz Lemon's doofus boyfriend, Dennis Duffy, but somehow more simple-minded.

I also felt bad for Josiah. It was uncomfortable when Bruno was the semi-naked platter for sushi, but he was far more comfortable showing off his body.  Josiah's discomfort was palpable. 

Tyler saying those things was my favorite part of the episode.  I had to pause after "Rhylee doesn't want me to tell anybody but, uh, we banged last night.  It's pretty special to me." because I was laughing so hard I almost fell off the couch.  It was pretty special to me.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, AnnA said:

Laura was insubordinate but she was quite direct.   Hissing is more Kate's speed......especially behind someone's back.

Direct? "You need to check yourself" is about as vague as can be! I posted in an earlier thread that I understand words like "I felt disrespected when you ...." or "I was embarrassed when you said XYZ in front of the crew" or other direct talk but "Check yourself"? 

Laura behaved very badly and she's been reprimanded in the gentlest manner (I was expecting much worse, she was lucky Captain Lee's radio was off) and she's rising to the challenge and expectation of her job. Good for her. 

I think this episode showcases my earlier assessment that Kate wants a drama free and fun crew. She is ready to forgive and forget Laura's grotesque insubordination and is happy to joke and laugh with her teammate. She is still the same person so if you don't like her, and the two or three people that REALLY don't like her still won't like her, but I enjoy when she's a little more relaxed and dishing out the snark. 
As far as the sexual harassment, I just wasn't nearly as skewed out as many posters here were. I'm older and have lived through some horrendous sexually demeaning conversations and even had to testify in open court with TV cameras about some gross stuff so this is not so awful to me. To me this is cringeworthy but not horrendous.

I have some yacht-y friends, two have crewed on smaller ships than this, and four have traveled extensively, two seven year stints around the Pacific on smaller sailboats. They partied with captains and crews of the big boats and there is an atmosphere of working very hard on while on charter and partying just as hard when not on charter. It's been many years since I and they were this young but they did all sleep with each other and drink until their livers screamed for mercy. I don't think there is anything more disgusting about a woman engaging in recreational sex than a man. 
I think it's a function of the culture: young beautiful people in beautiful places without the time to make other friendships so that intense short term friendships and recreational sex take place in the almost incestuous cabins Below Deck*.

When Josiah took the Chambord desserts up to the guests in his Golden  Skivvies I noticed Kate and Rhylee came up as well. I think it was a great show of unity and support. I'm sure he felt supported with them cheering him on. Add me to Josiah love fest crew! I liked him before but sharing his insecurities and vulnerabilities with the audience was brave and beautiful. Even on a trashy reality tv show being "real" just shines through and makes it worthwhile for me to watch. I hope he comes back for future shows, he's good tv.

I have always had a soft spot for Rhylee even as I see she's far too emotional and prone to crazy anger but for me, this episode brought home the disparities between men and women and travel opportunities. She enjoys Tyler in the sack and he enjoys her. After this charter is done they will be in gorgeous Tahiti with cash in their pockets but Rhylee can't safely travel the island alone. She really needs to find a traveling companion and I'm sure to her, Tyler looks perfect for the job. From Tyler's perspective he can walk off the ship and travel safey almost anywhere in the world. Given his age I'm sure it would never occur to him that she's in a different and far more vulnerable position. 
I don't blame her for wanting to continue this relationship for a few weeks or months after this charter season ends but ... I guess we'll have to Watch What Happens!*

*See what I did there? Stupid things like that tickle me!

• Love 16

Count me as another who did not find the whole gold outfit thing cute or funny. Josiah was clearly uncomfortable with all of it and really I don’t think the crew should feel pressured to do things like that for tips. Ashton does not mind showing off his body so I don’t care about that but if they don’t want to do it, that should be the end of it.

Rhylee is just gross and desperate to me. (I am a prude, though. lol  I think Tyler is just nasty, as well.) And I don’t mind her when she is not like that or angry but that seems to be her personality most of the time.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

Direct? "You need to check yourself" is about as vague as can be! 

I disagree for two reasons.

1) Because Kate had to "check" Laura's work since she did a lousy job and left  towels on the floor 

2) And (unlike Kate's MO of talking behind everyone's back) Laura spoke "directly" to Kate while looking her in the eye.

• Love 4

What this show needs is a third stew who is catty and nasty as Kate if they really want drama.

We had someone like that at work. They called her the underminer. Someone good at their job like Buggy’s and not a crazy like Rocky or Caroline. Let’s have a more level playing field.

Laura is not it.

• Love 7
On 1/16/2019 at 10:14 AM, Skycatcher said:

Why is it NOT OK for the guests to harass Josiah, but totally OK for his work-mates (Bravo) to go on and on about his "golden package" for our entertainment? 

Yeah, he seemed thrilled that they noticed his assets, while pretending to be embarrassed.

I'm pretty sure the guests were encouraged by production to pay special attention to Josiah.

Rhylee's banging a dude with the mental acuity of a toddler. Blech.

"I like 'em big and stupid." TM Julie Brown

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 3
On 1/16/2019 at 4:44 PM, Honey said:

Look, I love Josiah too, but he wasn't forced to walk out in the speedo.  He did it to please the guests, and up the tip...er..so to speak.  Also, he's hung like a club-tail dragonfly (X-Files quote).

He didn't have to do it. But I think there's a difference between Ashton knowing the guests would like a performance, digging around for some outfit or having Kate make a costume, and giving them what they want.....and Josiah being GIVEN a speed by a guest, choosing only to wear the gold top at first, then finally putting on the speedo once he was harassed about it several times. Of course they want to please the guests - that's the entire basis of yachting. But guests shouldn't take it that far. Joshiah felt an extreme amount of pressure. It was gross. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

then finally putting on the speedo once he was harassed about it several times.

They never asked about the speedo. The one guy mentioned the gold shirt and wanting to see more of it because it was under his uniform but he only did that once and didn’t mention the other part of the costume it was still inappropriate but they didn’t harass him about it several times. 

• Love 2

I do think it's over the line to give the crew outfits to wear (maybe a t shirt would be ok, like the guy who brought the tux t shirt for the captain), and then expect them to be dancing monkeys in speedos for you.  I think it's out of line whether it's for a gold party or an "island dance" like we had last week.  I really felt for Josiah, as you could tell he was struggling with his past experiences and this particular group of guests, and, I hope that in a weird way this helped him.  He had assumed that they would automatically make fun of him and they immediately praised him, so, while it should never have happened, I do hope that it helps him to see that not everyone is like the people he's encountered in the past and he does look good.  

Adrian.  He is a creep.  I'm actually really disappointed with Captain Lee's blog this week, because he notes that Laura is not finding his comments amusing, but rather than really saying flat out that they're not cool and he wouldn't stand for someone treating people like that on his boat, he suggests that Adrian consider that Laura doesn't appreciate his sense of humor.  It's not a sense of humor when she's being made to feel uncomfortable, and she's already said that she is.  This isn't a joke that landed wrong, he's repeatedly making comments to her that are inappropriate and she has to share living space with him.  

• Love 9
22 hours ago, ghoulina said:

He didn't have to do it. But I think there's a difference between Ashton knowing the guests would like a performance, digging around for some outfit or having Kate make a costume, and giving them what they want.....and Josiah being GIVEN a speed by a guest, choosing only to wear the gold top at first, then finally putting on the speedo once he was harassed about it several times. Of course they want to please the guests - that's the entire basis of yachting. But guests shouldn't take it that far. Joshiah felt an extreme amount of pressure. It was gross. 

Meh. We see it differently.  Had he decided not to wear it, his crewmates would have respected his decision. 

• Love 1

Josiah was a nervous mess with these guests. I don't think he was thinking clearly and felt 'tip pressured' as opposed to pressure from the guests to wear that outfit. 

Adrian needs to be called out for being skeevy. I'm also glad Ashton took it straight back to Adrian with respect to Laura. Adrian is very talented in the kitchen but very immature and unformed as a person. 

Cpts Lee and Sandy on Top Chef next episode! I made a loud sound of happiness when I saw their faces on the preview. No idea why cross show promotions tickle me so much. I read on Tamara Tattles that Below Deck is now overall Bravo's 3rd most popular show. Top Chef would have to be in the 1 or 2 spot, surely? I hope appearing on TC increases viewing numbers for BD anyway. 

• Love 3
On 1/17/2019 at 7:17 PM, lcarolynl said:

Add me to Josiah love fest crew! I liked him before but sharing his insecurities and vulnerabilities with the audience was brave and beautiful. Even on a trashy reality tv show being "real" just shines through and makes it worthwhile for me to watch. I hope he comes back for future shows, he's good tv.

I have appreciated Josiah's attitude and deportment all along, but his revelations on this episode revealed a lot more of his depth, and made me very sympathetic to him, and to his insecurities.  I guess no matter the category/group one belongs to has, they all must have their own share of bullies and anxiety stressors.  Too bad we humans can't be more kind, overall.

• Love 9

Amen @MajorNelson. Josiah wasn't fooling. That gaggle of 'yasssss' gays really hit him. He was visibly shaken a few times and paradoxically, I think this is the only time he'd have donned that ridiculous gold outfit. Because he was overthinking. His initial reaction seemed to be a hard pass, beneath his dignity. It made no sense for this to be Josiah's gig. Why not Adrian, why not Tyler? Or most obviously because he's done it before and used to perform, why didn't Kate tap Ashton if it had to be done at all. Ashton has performed in every guest command performance. Josiah never. It went against his grain to accept the gig, but the history of fear he has with this kind of gay just boggled his brain. I think he suddenly felt like a good tip depended on him and dressing up in a tight gold lame outfit would maybe prove he no longer had issues with men like this. In any other circumstance, he'd have stood on his Butler school dignity and pointed at Ashton. I think he subconsciously wants approval from Charlie gays, we all want approval and acceptance, but hates himself for seeking it still. I felt for Josiah. 

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, queenjen said:

why didn't Kate tap Ashton i

It never came to Kate. One of the guests went to Lauren, who went to Josiah and said he had to wear it and Kate said he didn’t have to wear it and only do what he felt comfortable with and than it was a series of convos and decisions were it appears Josiah was in control of what he would do.

• Love 10

Excellent points @queenjen.  Major point, for me from your post: overthinking.  And in the clip above of Kate and Josiah....he got nothing from doing what we did, hated it.  So I think you nailed it.

As a viewer, with the late dinner and guest dissatisfaction, he seemed to propose it as way to save the evening, but his mind was overcooked.  He was reaching to get a victory in the past that he doesn't have back there.  What we can't ever do is remake the past.  If we reframe it we can possibly gain something from our travails, but no guarantee.  I think his concluding on-air comment to live more in the present seemed a bit contrived, from this experience in the midst of his confused stressed thinking.  By the filming of the segment above with Kate, I think he had realized it's better to accept yourself with your broken pieces than throw away your self-respect.

• Love 3

I LOVE Kate, and  I  LOVE Josiah, they work so great together and I hope Below Deck keeps them together- great chemistry and the right about of sass, professionalism, charisma, and shade. 

Please keep em together. 

It speaks to Josiah's professionalism & creativity that he knew just what to do to save the day to get those asshole guests to lighten up a little.  At the same time I really felt for him that it is a little violating and his discomfort.  It even is a feather in Josaiah's cap a little because it mocks the guests when they are at their worst. No integrity in putting an employee in a spot where they are pressured to do something they don't want to do, and getting enjoyment out of it. Good for him. He is stronger and better than them and ahead of them at their own game. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I LOVE Kate, and  I  LOVE Josiah, they work so great together and I hope Below Deck keeps them together- great chemistry and the right about of sass, professionalism, charisma, and shade. 

Please keep em together. 

While I don't love Kate, I do agree that they're a good team.    The fact that they're so compatible is probably why Bravo will not keep them  together.  If they did, they'd have to continue the "third stew is a loser" theme and that's really gotten old.   Kate has to have someone to harass and belittle. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

While I don't love Kate, I do agree that they're a good team.    The fact that they're so compatible is probably why Bravo will not keep them  together.  If they did, they'd have to continue the "third stew is a loser" theme and that's really gotten old.   Kate has to have someone to harass and belittle. 

You're right of course! When my FBI team finally  sends me on a charter they are the 2 I want manning the helm for service.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

I think you are absolutely correct. Once the producer manipulation becomes so blatant that everyone knows it they change it up. So they have to come up with a new plot line. As I recall we had the Kate doesn't get along with the Chef plot line. First with Ben and then with Leon. Then they dropped that for the Kate doesn't get along with the third stew which has been a staple. Do you see a pattern here? Who will they pick for Kate not to get along with next? The guests? Captain Crunch? 

I think the obvious plot line is Kate not getting along with the bosun. I just hope they pick a bosun who is evenly matched with Kate.

My suggestion? Kim Jung-Un. I hear he is a big Bravo fan. Loves the Real Housewives of Atlanta.

• Love 4
On 1/15/2019 at 10:36 PM, scenicbyway said:

Is Ashton and Laura’s “understanding” on overdrive?  Haven’t they just previously cuddled?  This is just her second charter, she basically just got there!

I’m glad the girls are taking note of the chef’s creepy remarks, they are over the top.

I would have snapped by the third comment.

• Love 1
On 1/21/2019 at 4:32 PM, langford peel said:

I think you are absolutely correct. Once the producer manipulation becomes so blatant that everyone knows it they change it up. So they have to come up with a new plot line. As I recall we had the Kate doesn't get along with the Chef plot line. First with Ben and then with Leon. Then they dropped that for the Kate doesn't get along with the third stew which has been a staple. Do you see a pattern here?

Is not getting along with the chef "producer manipulation?" Chefs have a well earned reputation for being difficult prima donnas. Gordon Ramsay has a not insubstantial television career because this is common knowledge. It's such a well known trope that Ratatouille, a children's film from a decade ago, employs it. If you watch Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen, Chopped, you've seen a number of chefs who fit the stereotype.

I think both Ben and Leon would admit that they are temperamental and can be difficult. Actually, Ben has admitted it. Ben and Kate are actually friends and just know how to needle each other. Leon just seemed giddy when he talked about screaming at the women who worked in his restaurant. That's not Kate. Those are Leon's own words about how he treated his staff.

Kate didn't really have any real issues with Matt or Adrian. She thought Matt's food was aggressively mediocre, which it was, but she otherwise liked him. And she has no issues with Adrian.

Hannah had issues with Ben, who is temperamental, because she wanted to fuck him. She had issues with Adam because he is an obnoxious temperamental manipulative dickbag.

Kate has not been able to get along with any of her 3rd stews. Except for Amy, Kate has NEVER had a good 3rd stew. If there is producer manipulation, it is in consistently casting 3rd stews who are too underqualified, dumb, unstable, or entitled to do the job well. Rocky was an entitled brat who threw temper tantrums. Sierra was just so fucking dumb. Jen was underqualified and entitled. We've seen Caroline and Laura.

I know you're not a fan of Kate. Kate didn't get along with Rocky or Leon, but let's not pretend that anyone other than Rocky drove most of the plot in season 3. She convinces Emile to climb up on the radar to take selfies. She convinces Don to go swimming during a charter. She royally fucked up the laundry the first time she did it. She knows about Emile's crush on her and shuts him down in the cruelest ways possible--the my dearest Emile letter that she posts in the crew mess and revealing to him that she was sleeping with Eddie. Her constant tantrums. She continued to needle Leon to prolong that feud. She served raw chicken to the crew and her grenadine oysters. She jumped ship. Season 3 was Rocky's looney season.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

She thought Matt's food was aggressively mediocre, which it was, but she otherwise liked him. And she has no issues with Adrian.

And she even went out of her way to help Matt up his game and basically planned his most well received meal. One consistent thing is Kate genuinely seems to appreciate good food and wants the guests to get good food. When the food is shitty she sides with the guests, when the guests don’t appreciate the food she sides with the chef. 

• Love 5
On 1/19/2019 at 6:28 AM, Diane Mars said:

Why not asking josiah himself what he thinks about it ?

Why does Kate look like C3P0 in this video? Holy highlighter Batman! Seriously, did she use a paintroller?