Type keyword(s) to search

Mama June: From Not To Hot: Seasons 1-6

• Start Topic

51 minutes ago, Absolom said:

What's crazy is that in real time, they still seem to be together after all of this.

No, I wouldn't go on TV and go through all they're putting on and obviously a couple of June's daughters won't either.  It takes a certain kind of person to put on the display June does.

You know you can't believe everything you read on the internet, but I did see where she & Geno were living in a motel somewhere in Alabama. It had something to do with the arrest & him threatening to kill her, could Ga get a protection order but her still be able to live with him in AL & Is WE still filming this mess? 

• Love 6

I heard Geno say something about DoeDoe, but I didn't know he said that.  He is so nasty and gross.  And who is he to talk about someone not being healthy?  He has frickin' goiters growing all over his body, is overweight himself, always seems sweaty (probably the drugs), and, last I heard, crack isn't a health food.

I just feel bad for the kids.  Alana actually seems like a good kid, but if she is still mainly around her mom and Geno, I'm afraid it won't last.  I would rather see Alana in Pumpkin's care!  Josh seems like a good guy, and Pumpkin also seems okay, if you can ignore her profanity-laden vocabulary.  I don't think Pumpkin and Josh would put Alana in harms way, and that certainly can't be said about her own mom.  Ella is so adorable, I feel awful seeing that innocent, sweet baby around child predators, Nazi lovers, and who knows what.  Pumpkin, take Alana with you and Josh and Ella, and MOVE far away!

• Love 10

So June and Geno are still together, motel hopping in Alabama. Even though there's a no- contact order in place. I noticed towards the end of this week's show, or maybe it was the preview for next week, that June has a tooth missing or broken. I don't know if that's Geno smacking her around, or the drugs rotting her teeth.

June is looking a beaten-down, drugged up mess. I kind of feel bad for her... now she's addicted to crack and probably meth, she's almost completely blind, she's begging for love from a monster with goiters growing out of God knows where, etc...

I remember when HCHBB first started, the family seemed happy and seemed to genuinely love each other. Now look where they are. I dream of one day not having to work, or worry about bills, my son's college tuition that will be coming in a few years, etc... But no amount of money would get me to exploit my f-ed up family for "fame."

And where is Alana while they're motel hopping and drugging it up out of state? I hope to God she's not with them. Article about their no- contact order and fun times in Alabama:

https://theblast.com/mama-june-boyfriend-court-order/

• Love 7
(edited)

If June and Geno are out on bail, it may be a condition that they don't leave the state without permission.       Either way, I'm sure the bail bond people, and all of the attorneys know where they are.   

It's not as if MJ or love muffin have to go to work, since they are filming, they're already at work.  

About the film crews, I read a long time ago that the film crews have contracts prohibiting them from doing anything but filming, and not interfering, or calling the authorities, except in dire emergencies.    It might be that way for the film crews on this train wreck. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

MJ wouldnt know love if it hit her in the face, her telling DoeDoe he might have the 7 year itch, in her TH she says something about he maybe tired of her. How long have they been together. I've been married to the same man for 31 years, we don't have that problem. I also have never allowed myself to be treated  that way, you have to respect yourself before anyone else will. 

I remember an episode a couple of years back that it was a story line of MJ trying to find a man, showed her out to eat with a man that up & left before the meal.....is Geno someone that WE found? 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, newyawk said:

I want to know how old Geno's kids are that he can spend all this time with June's family in the first place.

I don't know their ages, but I found this picture and it says they are his children.

Geno and Kids.jpg

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

I don't know their ages, but I found this picture and it says they are his children.

Thankfully they seem to have been spared being on the show.

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

If June and Geno are out on bail, it may be a condition that they don't leave the state without permission.   

I'm thankfully pretty law abiding.  That could get expensive if it was just a regular citizen who got arrested like that and how to mess up a job and regular life if they couldn't get permission to go home.

• Love 4

June has a breakdown due to Geno's cheating and the magazine competition.

Episode description for 2019.05.10

The train is going far off the track.  Maybe that's why they needed to see the Chattanooga choo-choo. A train on it's own dead end track is a metaphor for the season.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I'm a little confused about the timeline of the show. The season was taped last summer during DWTS juniors and then the weight loss with Jennifer story. The season was already finished filming well before it aired. Then the arrest story breaks and the show seems to either have a funny edit (to try and make Geno look bad) or they filmed more recently and added in? Geno was much thinner when they were watching the commercial Alana did. 

From social media pics it seems like Alana is staying with Pumpkin, hopefully this is true. While I think Pumpkin house is a safer choice, I hope Alana who is starting high school in the fall, will have someone??? to guide her to get the right classes and stick with school. Pumpkin seems sweet but she dropped out of high school and I'm not sure if Josh (who is 25? and has no solid job) finished high school either?

As for the episode, Did anyone notice when Alana called Tristan , her phone name for him was My Hubby? Yikes! Plus when she was talking to him it still said calling, so was it is pre recorded call?

Sugarbear shopping at that same expensive grocery store. That is the same place that last season Jennifer accused him of looking a fat women. Sugar bear again does not strike me as a guy that pays $7 for a jar of all natural peanut butter. Must be the one spot in town that lets him film and let him put that "legit looking" ad up for the sexy photos.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

They were still taping up until a month or two ago, I believe, because that was what came up in my search when i was looking for the return-to-air date a while back..

Edited by newyawk
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I just watched the latest episode. I had a death in my family last week and forgot it was even on. June and Geno continue to make me ill. They are all such horrible actors - GAWD.  I did get a chuckle out of 'Jennifer being all wrapped up like a mummy and trying to talk.  My daughter heard me laughing and unbeknownst to me was standing behind me watching, When she said, "Good Lord Mama!", I jumped and swore her to secrecy that I watch this show. I got a text from my sister saying, "I heard you are watching that Honey Boo Boo show! Really? That is an all time low - even for you" It is an on-going joke in my family about my reality show addiction,  Probably most of you do not remember The Littlest Groom. It was The Bachelor for little people. I watched it and at that point my family was considering an intervention for me. From that point, I tried to keep my reality show watching habits a secret. I got busted watching Mama June! 

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Rebky said:

My daughter heard me laughing and unbeknownst to me was standing behind me watching, When she said, "Good Lord Mama!", I jumped and swore her to secrecy that I watch this show. I got a text from my sister saying, "I heard you are watching that Honey Boo Boo show! Really? That is an all time low - even for you"

You have the company of a select crowd.  The last episode had a viewership of about 756K.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I've GOT to remember to look for Geno's goiters tonight!  I keep reading about them here, but never seem to notice them when I watch.  Probably because I can't quite stomach watching these people with full attention.  It's sickening, like looking into the sun. 

I wished they would have shown a bit of the competition or whatever Tristan was in Chatenooga for. 

Where has Doe-Doe's daughter been this season?  I kind of liked her in season 1 and thought she seemed like she might have a scintilla more sense than the rest of the brood.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

I've GOT to remember to look for Geno's goiters tonight!  I keep reading about them here, but never seem to notice them when I watch.  Probably because I can't quite stomach watching these people with full attention.  It's sickening, like looking into the sun. 

I wished they would have shown a bit of the competition or whatever Tristan was in Chatenooga for. 

Where has Doe-Doe's daughter been this season?  I kind of liked her in season 1 and thought she seemed like she might have a scintilla more sense than the rest of the brood.

Look on the left side of his neck.   Once you see it, that's all you'll see from now on.  

I just wish this trashtastic show was 2 hours instead of one.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Azanscrazyhair said:

Look on the left side of his neck.   Once you see it, that's all you'll see from now on.  

I just wish this trashtastic show was 2 hours instead of one.

Me too!!  Thanks @Azanscrazyhair! I'll try to remember to check out the left side of his neck.

In response to some of you who mentioned Mama June's chipped front tooth, that was in the previews for tonight's show.  I'm dying to know how that happened and hope it wasn't abuse.  She got those veneers that a lot of people noted last year are too big for her mouth and gave her a bit of a horse-toothed appearance. How hard is it to chip a veneer? 

Edited by Cowgirl
  • Love 5

Geno has two often visible lumps which I think are cysts, the bulging mass on the left side of his neck that is sometimes red and the lump on the front of his head that is about 1 inch back from his hairline.  You'll notice the hair pattern looks much different there with the follicles further apart.  I think I spotted another one on the back of his head but, like many of you, I find looking at him closely a little terrifying.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

June said something tonight that seemed real: "I need to check myself into a mental hospital"  TRUE!  I have never seen anyone sooo needy and co-dependent in my life.  Seriously, she can't get her own bracelet off her OWN wrist for crying out loud!  She can't go to the dentist on her own.  Hell, she broke her tooth on a ding-dong! Then she broke it again on a burrito! What the bloody hell?

And she needs old goiter head to "show support" before she can do ANY of this??  I'm dumbstruck at how DUMB all of this  is.

NOW I understand why Dumb & Dumber are currently motel hopping in Alabama.

Edited by goofygirl
As usual, typing!
  • Love 7

I know they want us to hate Geno now, but if June refused to go to the hospital yet kept sitting there whining I can't blame Geno for getting irritated.

The one I feel sorry for is Alana, seems like June only thinks about herself and Geno.

I have been negative about Alana's attempts at pageants and dancing but I actually think comedy is a good idea for her, she has always been a funny kid. Stand up comedy is  a tough gig though.

Are June's "fat cakes" actually Little Debbie's?

I don't know what Jennifer has done to her face but I don't understand why they would give Jennifer a cover of a magazine because she is not famous enough to be a celebrity (even though the bar has been lowered for what is considered a celebrity nowadays).

• Love 8

The Queen of Denial went to the doctor for swelling in her arms and leg and gets sent home with muscle relaxers and told her to rest?? I’m not a doctor, nor do I play one on tv, but that makes about as much sense as me watching this crapola.

Pumpkin was spot on with what she said about how no one can help June, she has to want it. It’s like an alcoholic or drug addict except she’s hooked on someone who has goiters growing out of his head and neck.

Somewhere a village has lost two of its idiots. I’m looking at you Sugar Bear and Jennifer. She looks so stupid walking around the house with those bandages on. Sugar Bear modeling the clothes he bought for her and twerking? 🤢 I must say however, I really liked the last dress he modeled.

Now, I must go take a bleach/hot water shower to cleanse myself. Too bad I can’t clean my brain because I put way too much thought into this mess!

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

NOTE: I typed the following after last week's episode when they were in Chattanooga and it disappeared.  I was so mad I refused to re-write it.  When I went to comment on tonight's episode, the old stuff showed up!  So I'm going to go ahead and post it, even though it's a week late.  Please to enjoy.....

This show, once-upon-a-time a cute (if you like that sort of thing), family-friendly look into the life of some fun-loving rednecks who seemed very happy, despite their lifestyle (which apparently they thought was just fine).  Boy howdy, has it turned dark and not at all suitable for young kids.  The constant arguing, begging for sex, profane language and context and storylines ..... I'm sure WE is loving it because we're absolutely glued to the TV each week and are scouring the net for details.  A responsible network would turn off the cameras and get each and every person on this show into some serious counseling.  But that wouldn't be fun for us, would it?

Geno is horrible.  Did anybody catch the comment he made to June about her being a 5-legged elephant.  It was when they were standing outside and he was verbally tearing in to her.  I can see why she couldn't get anything better, but what does she see in him?  I'd rather be alone by far.  Someone said it's clear he isn't acting anymore and I agree 100%.  Story goes he broke her front tooth and I could see that in the promos.  She should have had him arrested, but she probably just begged him for sex instead.  What a wonderful example and role model for her daughters.  Thankfully two of them have distanced themselves from this whole crap-fest, but Alana is impressionable and has always said she loves Geno.  Hopefully that has changed.

DoeDoe seems to be the voice of reason, explaining to June how Geno is abusive and stealing her money and June is going to lose everything.  But June just won't listen.

Ok, tonight's episode.  I cant not STAND when someone obviously needs to go to the doctor or hospital but won't and people beg that person to go.  I was totally with Geno on this one when he left and told her fuck it.  June says she doesn't do this for attention but I know she absolutely does.  Crying and whining like she did then saying no about going to the hospital.  I hate that.  Just let her die already.

For those of us who have watched this from the beginning when it was "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo", the evolution of Pumpkin into this young woman with common sense and who knows the difference between Napoleon and Neapolitan ice cream continues to impress me.  I honestly and truly wish her and Josh well with their family and in their lives.  It seems Alana is going too stay with her for a while and I think that's a good thing.  Lauryn (Pumpkin) has come so far.

I, too, liked the last dress Sugar Bear tried on.  That's scary when he's the one who's coming off as attractive.  I have absolutely zero interest in Jennifer and her face.

And once again, we're introduced to Jennifer's cat, Lucifer.  At least he's getting credits.

My keyboard is acting up so I have to end for now.  Love this show, also wish it was 2 hours, but I just can't stand June.  Can. Not. Stand. Her.

Oh, did anybody see how nasty dirty her fingers/fingernails were when she was eating that fat cake and they showed a close-up of her hand.  Nasty!  As bad as her forklift foot and toe with gnats coming out of it.  I can't believe I watch this show.  More than that, I actually look FORWARD to it!  I'm college-educated and hold down a responsible job.  I do watch it with all the lights off, however.

Tristan just kissed Alana on the cheek, right?

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

That was pretty freaking scary.  I hope she wasn't really having a stroke (although if she was, would WETV really be able to keep it out of the news?)  I would feel pretty bad for her girls if they lost her mother, and I'd feel badly for Doe Doe too.

Glad to see the broken veneer was because of something benign, June's pigging out, as opposed to an act of domestic violence. Eff you, marketing department and tabloids!

WTF kind of squats were those, Jennifug? Please.

I think standup comedy could be Alana's niche, if she is able to put together some good material. I think she could be pretty good at it. Gina should have encouraged her to work on material first and not rushed this kid into a gig, though. Open mic nights can be nerve-rending and two minutes at that mic if the material flops could be excruciating for Alana.  Alas, We needs another storyline.

Geno was just nasty all episode.  "I love you." "I don't care, dude." Get lost, dude. 

More randomly, it looked to me like June is still sleeping on an air mattress. Since the rest of the house looks well-lived in at this point, shouldn't she have a real mattress and bed by now?

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Seriously, she can't get her own bracelet off her OWN wrist for crying out loud!  She can't go to the dentist on her own. 

She couldn't get the bracelets off because her arms had swollen up so badly. She probably needed to have them cut off.  And she is mostly blind, she probably does need someone with her most places.  Also, some people simply have a real phobia of the dentist. I can't laugh at that, to some people, their phobias are crippling.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, pieinmyeye said:

The Queen of Denial went to the doctor for swelling in her arms and leg and gets sent home with muscle relaxers and told her to rest?? I’m not a doctor, nor do I play one on tv, but that makes about as much sense as me watching this crapola.

If that guy we saw massaging June's neck was a doctor I'm John Jacob Astor, risen from the dead.  Muscle relaxant for swollen limbs and bright red hands??  You betcha.

Pumpkin:  "Your hands are bright red!!!", looking at her mother's pale as a fish's belly hand.

I think it's obvious that was filmed after whatever June's health crisis was.  "Acting!" as Jon Lovitz used to say on SNL.  When June was wailing for someone to take her bracelet off, I almost believed her wrist was swollen--but it was just fat.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

June isn't that good an actress to be that convincingly hysterical. I think the camera lighting was washing her out some, because her hands were kind of red, not bright red, but it was there. And her arms did look swollen to me, not just fat.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, newyawk said:

More randomly, it looked to me like June is still sleeping on an air mattress. Since the rest of the house looks well-lived in at this point, shouldn't she have a real mattress and bed by now?

She doesn't have a bed frame, but they clearly showed her on one of those fancy mattresses that you can adjust the angles on.

I agree that when June is acting, it's pretty obvious. Her freaking out looked real to me, although hysteria/emotional break seemed more likely than a stroke. I'm thinking about the alleged drug taking, and I don't think we've ever even seen her drinking, have we?

Speaking of drinking, Geno said some very odd things- that clip they keep showing where he responds to one of the producers 'You ask me any more questions and I'll punch your mama's third chin'? And last night, that garbled stuff about 'I just bought a can of ninja whoop ass and now I'm going to get another one' or something? Bizarre. I think Pumpkin said he was drunk at that point, yes?

It was also odd in the last scene where June is being readied for the photo shoot (supposedly) and she's wearing a pink dress and a lot of fake hair, but she's clearly still missing that tooth.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I think June appeared to be on some kind of drug in this episode. Possibly she had already had her meltdown or health crisis and she really WAS on muscle relaxers when the film crew was there. That is how it makes you act on those kinds of drugs, exactly! I highly doubt June would allow the crew to film her on some illegal drug or they could actually do that. This is all just more drama to keep us viewers watching! (It's working lol)

I was in another room at the start of last nights show and only heard the part about the kiss from Tristin, so I had to REWATCH it again on the 2nd showing, only to see that he did only PECK Alana on the cheek! Lordy was that awkward and overblown. He clearly is just doing this for a paycheck and it is just making Alana look pathetic putting "MY HUBBY" as his name on her phone contact. Poor girl.

• Love 6

I am pretty sure Geno locked himself in the bathroom to fortify himself with some substance or another.  He would have gone to the kitchen for booze.  Dude's eyes were extra special when he came out.  That scene didn't seem like acting on either side to me.

There is unfortunately a major issue of women's health issues being disregarded as stress, so, while I think the doctor's visit may have been a reenactment, I don't doubt she was dismissed and sent home with muscle relaxants.  Looking at her you could tell there was a lot more going on than manageable stress.

At least it seems that Alana is no longer enamored with Geno. 

• Love 11
(edited)

I started watching this show for shits and grins.  It's kind of funny and mindless up until the last few episodes.  After last night's episode, I feel like I saw something I shouldn't see.  I know they pumped up the drama, but I do think she is having or had a mental breakdown.  I actually feel sorry for her and I didn't think this was possible. I know she caused all her own issues, but she has reached a degree of pathetic that is hard to watch.  Alana needs to move in with Pumpkin and Josh long term, if she hasn't already.  June is not fit to be a mother right now.

Edited by SuzieQ
  • Love 9
(edited)

i stated watching to see how they were gonna explain the arrest for drugs,and this is the lame-o story they came up with..June looked trashed outta her mind....it is laughable Pumpkin is in June face about taking of herself,when she took Alana home with her and fed her all that fattening garbage ..and the kiss they were all gaga over was just a friendly peck on the cheek...the way they all acted was stupid..guy is getting paid for this pretense.....this joke of a show needs to gone,instead of trying to make money off Alana,someone should try to save her from this mess...this kid is heading in the my 600 pound life direction...i have no sympathy for the self absorbed mess that is June Shannon

Edited by georgiaonmymind
typos
  • Love 7

June begging Geno for sex, Sugar Bear begging Jennifer for sex, both in the presence of each other's kids 🤢 & this seems to have gone on the entire season. I have never seen someone beg & plead for affection, that's a new kinda low to me. I know Genos a terrible person but, lol yeah I have to explain for a minute, he has repeatedly told her he's repulsed by her cramming food in her mouth all the time. I mean in the back of the RV she's trying to seduce him and then she takes a bite of a cake. He repeatedly told her she needs to go to the dr, he said she's doing stuff for attention. She's clearly unhealthy  but he has told her to get some medical help, but then you look at him......he's a walking billboard for unhealthy so there's that 😂

• Love 9
(edited)

This show has certainly taken a dark and chaotic turn.  Besides the fact that all of them are virtually impossible to understand, the constant bleeping makes me feel as though I haven't watched anything but people moving around (albeit slowly) on the screen.  June walking around in a drug-induced coma, her dealer/lover/dude verbally and emotionally abusing her, Alana's father wearing women's dresses and twerking and Alana being raised by Pumpkin.  Who is their target audience???  Certainly not kids Alana's age--with the language and the content they are using.  That leaves what, drug addicts, drunks and first cousins who are married to each other?  (Present company excluded, of course because I doubt I'm their target audience!)

Edited by JDAlexander
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Is Pumpkin pregnant again? When she was dressed up in that scene where June is getting her hair styled her stomach looked like it. Unfortunately that family seems to be gluttons for food, the scene where June is lying in bed, Pumpkin is even eating Cheetos when she is in bed with her. Pumpkin, Jessica (Chubbs) and Alana are all way too heavy for their ages. The only normal size one is Anna and I think some of that is because she was raised by her Grandma instead of June.

• Love 4
On 5/4/2019 at 1:32 PM, Whyyouneedaname said:

It had something to do with the arrest & him threatening to kill her, could Ga get a protection order but her still be able to live with him in AL & Is WE still filming this mess?

Once the judge grants you a protection order against someone, that person cannot be in the same place as you, no matter what the reason. So they would no longer be able to film together.

These are felony charges they both have, I cannot see either of them getting probation only. But, I’ve been wrong before. It depends on the judge, the arresting officers’ account of what happened, and what the attorney does with the DA in regards to a possible plea deal. I have a friend who has gone through this recently and she’s pretty much become a recluse.

I missed the part about Geno knocking out June’s tooth, but I thought her mouth looked overly funky for some reason. That recording of her talking 90 miles a minute shows what drugs like crack, meth, etc., will do to a person. Crack is a hard habit to break without serious rehab.

• Love 3
(edited)

This episode was hard to watch. I don't know how much was acting or real. Geno and Mama June's mood swings, anger and crying are not a place for Alana to live or Pumpkin and her baby to be hanging out in. Jennifer and Sugar bear looked normal tonight, that says a lot.

The chipped tooth. So June chips off her veneer eating? I knew someone who broke off a piece of her veneer but it was almost 20 years old, she knew that they were at the end of their lifespan and needed a new set but it is expensive (I wonder what all these young people are going to do that have good teeth but get veneers to be perfect at age 21-25? Hope they have money saved for new sets in their 40's and 60's).  June only had hers for 2 years? They should not have broken over eating some sort of brownie. I wonder if they were not put on well and she had some sort of decay under the veneer? Her bottom teeth did not look well care for. June seemed hyper sensitive in that dental chair. I was surprised the dentist who allowed filming did not stop when June was complaining. The dentist also gave her rules like whatever she did was maybe a temp fix? so maybe that is why the tooth chip or fell out again a few days later at the lunch. 

I feel bad for June. I do not think this should have been filmed. If they wanted to finish the season, they should have filmed Alana at Pumpkin's and her stand up comedy, Pumpkin and Josh could have gone furniture shopping and added in more sugar bear. I have always felt a little bad for June because she would not have been blind if her mom had got her medical care as a kid. Her mom put so much fear of doctors in her. Now she lives in a home where she is dependent on rides for everything. I know people say, take an uber, but it would not be cheap if you had to do it for everything.

I guess the most telling part is Pumpkin moving out. I do not buy the whole June being pregnant reason that Pumpkin left. I do believe June said she thought she was, most likely as a last ditch effort to keep Geno around, like of a like a teenager would which I believe June is still stuck mentally as a teen. June let Anna stay at the old house with her baby when it was 2 bedrooms. No way June would kick Pumpkin out and why would Pumpkin leave a free living situation? Things must have already been tense and bad. I wonder why Pumpkin did not get more furniture? Was it that quick of a move or was the apartment maybe just to be temporary , hoping June would get help. 

What I guess bothers me watching most is we know there is not a good ending to this story. We know June after the arrest, is still begging to be with Geno, it does not appear as she is getting any help.

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 8
On 5/3/2019 at 9:55 PM, alegtostandon said:

Does Jennifer really think she's going to become a cover model? 

I think she's aware this is supposed to be a one shot deal for a self improvement type of article. I don't think she has any illusions about becoming a model.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, silverspoons said:

This episode was hard to watch. I don't know how much was acting or real. Geno and Mama June's mood swings, anger and crying are not a place for Alana to live or Pumpkin and her baby to be hanging out in. Jennifer and Sugar bear looked normal tonight, that says a lot.

The chipped tooth. So June chips off her veneer eating? I knew someone who broke off a piece of her veneer but it was almost 20 years old, she knew that they were at the end of their lifespan and needed a new set but it is expensive (I wonder what all these young people are going to do that have good teeth but get veneers to be perfect at age 21-25? Hope they have money saved for new sets in their 40's and 60's).  June only had hers for 2 years? They should not have broken over eating some sort of brownie. I wonder if they were not put on well and she had some sort of decay under the veneer? Her bottom teeth did not look well care for. June seemed hyper sensitive in that dental chair. I was surprised the dentist who allowed filming did not stop when June was complaining. The dentist also gave her rules like whatever she did was maybe a temp fix? so maybe that is why the tooth chip or fell out again a few days later at the lunch. 

I feel bad for June. I do not think this should have been filmed. If they wanted to finish the season, they should have filmed Alana at Pumpkin's and her stand up comedy, Pumpkin and Josh could have gone furniture shopping and added in more sugar bear. I have always felt a little bad for June because she would not have been blind if her mom had got her medical care as a kid. Her mom put so much fear of doctors in her. Now she lives in a home where she is dependent on rides for everything. I know people say, take an uber, but it would not be cheap if you had to do it for everything.

I guess the most telling part is Pumpkin moving out. I do not buy the whole June being pregnant reason that Pumpkin left. I do believe June said she thought she was, most likely as a last ditch effort to keep Geno around, like of a like a teenager would which I believe June is still stuck mentally as a teen. June let Anna stay at the old house with her baby when it was 2 bedrooms. No way June would kick Pumpkin out and why would Pumpkin leave a free living situation? Things must have already been tense and bad. I wonder why Pumpkin did not get more furniture? Was it that quick of a move or was the apartment maybe just to be temporary , hoping June would get help. 

What I guess bothers me watching most is we know there is not a good ending to this story. We know June after the arrest, is still begging to be with Geno, it does not appear as she is getting any help.

I may be wrong but when she's coming down the stairs, before she ate the cake, it looks like the tooth is already broke. Then when she is opening the fridge she turns towards the camera & it looks like it's already broken. They could have shown this out of sequence, but I swear it looks like it. She is a mess. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, UnikornRainbowz said:

June's blackened dirty finger made me think crack pipe.

Unless there is a new strain of crack called "stress", I am calling bullshit that stress is the reason for all her medical issues. I once went into the after hours emergency med center here for swelling on my lower leg like June had and they do not give you a muscle relaxer (Xanax or whatever they said) for that. I think the show came up with that as an excuse for June acting drugged up.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

So if I remember correctly June was born with cataracts.   I had therm very young and had them removed.  I don't get why her Mom didn't do what she needed.   I am far, very far from rich, but I'd sign my life away to get my son any medical help he needs. 

Makes me wonder if June takes Alanah to the doctor?  

• Useful 1
15 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Unless there is a new strain of crack called "stress", I am calling bullshit that stress is the reason for all her medical issues. I once went into the after hours emergency med center here for swelling on my lower leg like June had and they do not give you a muscle relaxer (Xanax or whatever they said) for that. I think the show came up with that as an excuse for June acting drugged up.

I think if there's any "stress" involved, it might have been the "stress" of not having access to more of whatever drugs she's clearly on. I watched this episode last night, and MY GOD. In every scene, she is whacked out of her mind on something. I don't know if it's crack, meth, oxys, but it's most certainly not anything an urgent care center treats with a muscle relaxer and "rest." And of course she was resistant to going to a doctor—because they'd know she was high. I laughed out loud at the final scene where she was so wasted she couldn't sit through getting her hair done without nodding out. "She's having a stroke!" someone said. No she wasn't, the drugs were kicking in. I could even tell by Pumpkin's lack of concern that she'd seen this shit before and was pretty much over her mother and her appalling behavior. 

I also love she lives in a tell-tale abusive home with that fist-hole through the bathroom door. 

Whatever the deal is with June, I wish the producers of this show would knock off the lightheartedness they seem to think is necessary to tell this woman's story. She's a drug addict—full stop. And they don't need to sugarcoat it by suggesting she's merely "stressed out" and "losing herself." That particular storyline will only serve their own needs well when they blame her "stress" on Geno "cheating" or whatever nonsense they want to create to make this all seem like it's everyone's fault besides June's. 

I'm also curious to know what kind of low-rent plastic surgeon Jennifer went to who couldn't be bothered to give her a traditional browlift with that facelift. 

16 hours ago, Azanscrazyhair said:

So if I remember correctly June was born with cataracts.   I had therm very young and had them removed.  I don't get why her Mom didn't do what she needed.   I am far, very far from rich, but I'd sign my life away to get my son any medical help he needs. 

Makes me wonder if June takes Alanah to the doctor?  

I know she did at some point take her to the doctor because she went to the same pediatrician my cousin takes her kids to. Before you ask, my cousins kids are not obese. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 5/10/2019 at 10:20 PM, Kathy said:

So Mama June breaks her tooth twice on food?  Wow, they fooled me thinking it was Goiter Dude who did it.

No way did she break her tooth on that soft cake.  Either Geno smacked her/punched her so hard it cracked, she hit it with her crack pipe, or fell while cracked out.  I'm actually feeling really bad for her.  Not as bad as I feel for Alana and Pumpkin, but she is just so pitiful.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Dbolt said:

I know she did at some point take her to the doctor because she went to the same pediatrician my cousin takes her kids to. Before you ask, my cousins kids are not obese. 

Lol. I would never have asked...

I won't pick on  Alanahs weight, but no way a doctor would be okay with her size.  I feel bad for her.    

• Love 5