Type keyword(s) to search

Mama June: From Not To Hot: Seasons 1-6

• Start Topic

On 11/6/2022 at 9:10 PM, newyawk said:

She has had a twang since before she started dating him. Pumpkin has the same thing. They're Southern. 

Dude. I don't know if we listened to the same song or not, but that's not a "twang" she's using.

CRINGE.   

Can someone please tell this young lady she is not the cute 6 year old we first met and she needs to stop trying to get attention?   this family needs help.   They also need weaning off the reality show gravy train.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4

I imagine June is getting "friend of" type money now and is working overtime to get herself featured in episodes.   I was getting the feeling that the producers had just about had their fill of her last season and they realized she really was bringing nothing to the table anymore and that the "fans" such as they were, had moved on.

The final straw for me - staged or not - was her leaving Alana at the airport so she could go boink that loser.  After that, her appearance was my cue to hit the "fast forward" button.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, Absolom said:

People magazine is TRASH. Witness:

The estrangement between Shannon, 43, and Cardwell, 28, began after reports that Shannon was dating Mark McDaniel — someone Shannon previously dated when Cardwell was a child. In 2014, Cardwell alleged she was molested by McDaniel at the age of 8. At the time, she told PEOPLE she was unsure if her mother had rekindled with McDaniel because she'd received conflicting information.

There is nothing "alleged" about this. Mark McDaniel went to PRISON for raping Anna. He was tried AND convicted. And June hooked up with him AGAIN the second after he was released. Anna isn't unsure of anything when there is PROOF the two of them were together after his release. 

Disgraceful. How much does WeTV pay these publicists to push these articles? 

(edited)

I don’t know how to post it but TMZ is reporting that Dralin was arrested for DUI and drugs after a police chase with Alana in the car. Another man is the car was arrested for drugs as well. Alana was not arrested. I am still not going to ever be ok with Alana dating a guy four years older than her as a teenager. I think she was 16 and he was 20 when they started. What normal 20 year-old man wants to date someone who by law can’t nearly anything without a parental consent. 

Edited by MakingBacon
  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

Sometimes people take what they can get in the relationship department. I doubt guys are breaking the door down to get to any of them, no offense.

But I, too, was disappointed to see Alana dating someone so much older. She's lucky she didn't get arrested too. 

I hope Pumpkin and Josh can separate them.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 2
13 hours ago, slasherboy said:

Sometimes people take what they can get in the relationship department. I doubt guys are breaking the door down to get to any of them, no offense.

They ALL need to learn to be happy with themselves before getting into a relationship.   When they have self-esteem and are comfortable being single, then they will make better relationship choices.   Good grief, Alana is 17 and already headed down the path of her mother with poor relationship choices that lead to bigger problems.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
(edited)

They are acting like trash, beware of the language but about 3 minutes into this you can hear Pumpkin and Alana talking about the Dralin incident and insulting people online. In front of Pumpkin's children. Alana bragging she has been famous since she was 6. Trash people.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

No need to insult trash. That said, these vile humanoids are disgusting and have absolutely no shame. I can't believe I watch their show and after seeing this, am reconsidering that. I lost a few IQ points just watching this clip.

Thanks for posting.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I wonder if the judge who granted custody of Alana to Pumpkin has seen this and if so, if he regrets his decision. I used to like Pumpkin and think she might be good for Alana, but no more. She's a terrible role model and I lost any respect I might have had for her.

Even Anna (who supposedly wanted nothing to do with her mother) was on that call (with her mother) flapping her gums.

Maybe Alana needs to get arrested to maybe knock some sense into her. Then again, I doubt it would help. Wonder if Josh feels the same way, as he gives the impression he's so protective of Alana.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, slasherboy said:

Wonder if Josh feels the same way, as he gives the impression he's so protective of Alana

He was dating Pumpkin when she was 15 and he was 19. He shouldn't let his children be around that kind of behavior and language. Josh can be funny but he is not much better than the rest of them.

• Like 5
16 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

They are acting like trash, beware of the language but about 3 minutes into this you can hear Pumpkin and Alana talking about the Dralin incident and insulting people online. In front of Pumpkin's children. Alana bragging she has been famous since she was 6. Trash people.

I had to stop this after Jessica got irate about someone giving off "pedophile vibes" (guess she would know since her mother only dates and procreates with pedophiles) and when Alana started calling out "haters" who have multiple babies who don't even know the identity of the fathers. I guess her mother was on the call, too, then? Because she doesn't even know who Lauryn's father is.   

Their acquired accents are really something to behold, too.

Every last one of these people needs to be launched into the sun. 

On 3/10/2023 at 7:10 AM, Giant Misfit said:

Because she doesn't even know who Lauryn's father is.   

Lauryn and Jessica have the same dad.  Lauryn did a DNA test a few years ago because she wanted to find her dad.  That's how they found out they were full sisters.  June had thought it was better to let everybody think that there was a third baby daddy rather than have them find out that she got knocked up twice by the same loser. 

Edited by Angeltoes
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 4

This was hard to watch. I guess this shows how fake the show is. I knew about the fake house they filmed in, and many outings seemed scripted but I guess I always thought there was a shread of truth in June's addiction and the sister's bond. I always had a tiny bit of hope Alana would break out of the cycles of her family. That hope is gone.

I also dont think I can watch the show anymore. I am very curious how the show will spin this or maybe not even mention it because the show is only on a few months out of the year. I guess they will focus on Alana graduating and college and not this arrest and foul trash talking. I know some of the reality TV I watch is faked or reinacted but some I am okay with. They taped escaping polygamy near me and I can tell you that is totally recreated for TV but I know the story behind it is real and the message needs to get out so I will watch. They also filmed 90 day fiance near me and I know some of the fighting is faked or exaggerated but I still watch because the couples admit to playing up the fight but get back together on the show. I just dont think I can watch Alana and family in a fake airbnb pretending to be a happy family with Pumpkin and the littles and Josh trying to put together a swing set and Alana "studying" for college in the basement knowing how far from reality. There are plenty of scripted family sitcoms I can go watch instead. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
On 3/10/2023 at 12:18 AM, newyawk said:

Well, it 's time to dump him, Alana. 

That said, I have zero problem with her and Pumpkin insulting the people online who have been dumping on them for years. Seems fair. 

But this vulgar, boastful, low class way of acting is no way to do it. Especially in front of small children. 

We started watching the original Honey Boo Boo show because my daughter is Alana's age and we got a kick out of her. If I heard my 17 year old acting this way I would be ashamed and troubled by it, I certainly would not be cheering her on like they do.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

June had thought it was better to let everybody think that there was a third baby daddy rather than have them find out that she got knocked up twice by the same loser. 

I'm trying to make sense of the logic here. So, instead of telling her daughters they shared the same sex-offender father, she thought it was somehow better to let them continue to think each one of them was fathered by a different sex offender? 

14 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I guess they will focus on Alana graduating and college

There is literally a zero chance Alana will be attending college unless WeTV, like everything else on this show, manufactures that storyline, too. Alana's future income will likely be one of two things: a spin-off when she turns 18 titled, "Honey Boo Boo: Hot or Not" or selling stories about her prison shenanigans to the Daily Mail. 

2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Alana never had a chance.

When both heredity and environment are stacked against you, it is hard. Throw in a not great work ethic and the lure of easy money, the odds are so stacked against her. *Sigh*

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
On 3/9/2023 at 10:04 PM, slasherboy said:

I wonder if the judge who granted custody of Alana to Pumpkin has seen this and if so, if he regrets his decision.

what else was he going to do?  Let her continue to live with her loser mother who dates pedophiles?  Although it looks like Pumpkin doesn't care who Alana dates either.  

I don't mind the filming in a fake house, because internet stalkers will track down the home and go there.  But stop trying to sell this family as a wholesome funny hillbilly family.

If Alana can't see she is headed down the same path as her mother, and no one who loves her will help her see it, there isn't much hope for a different outcome.  In a few years we will see headlines about her arrest with some unsavory guy, her drug addiction, etc.  

• Like 8
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

what else was he going to do?  Let her continue to live with her loser mother who dates pedophiles?  

June and Pumpkin weren't the only options for Alana. I know the first choice is for families to stay together, but that's not always what's best for the child. The judge could have considered foster care or Aunt Dodo seems to have her shit together, for the most part. It didn't have to be just June or Pumpkin.

Alana's current situation is obviously not ideal.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

June and Pumpkin weren't the only options for Alana. I know the first choice is for families to stay together, but that's not always what's best for the child. The judge could have considered foster care or Aunt Dodo seems to have her shit together, for the most part. It didn't have to be just June or Pumpkin.

Alana's current situation is obviously not ideal.

The judge can't just hand the kid off to whoever.  This was a custody case.  Pumpkin filed for custody.  The choices were Mom or Pumpkin.  The judge cannot just choose another option.  If this were a CPS case then possibly.  But straight up custody?  No.

• Like 7

Wasn’t there an article that they were trying to get a new show, without June, where Alana and Dralin get weight lost surgery? Maybe they are trying to spin the arrest because they are worried the future show might be canceled. 

• Like 4