Type keyword(s) to search

Mama June: From Not To Hot: Seasons 1-6

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, junemeatcleaver said:

There is a similar age difference between Pumpkin and Josh, and Lord knows how old June's baby daddies were when she had Anna and Jessica.  It's normal for this family.

That is not a ringing endorsement. 😀

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

There is NO way June used to weigh 550 pounds (yes I watch too much of My 600 Pound Life).

Agree Armchair Critic. She wasn't close to 500. And no way in hell she got down to 120 pounds. She lost lots, but not that much.

• Like 2
  • Love 8

We all know that reality shows are scripted. And I absolutely believe some scenes are taken word for word from that script. But Josh is either an excellent liar and actor, this is very well for their family. The chat with Dr Ish seemed so incredibly sincere and so did all the tears he shed. I could be wrong but I didn’t get the sense at all that he’s playing it up for the cameras. 

• Love 7

This episode was worth watching just for that lingering side-by-side comparison shot of Sugar Bear and Justin (aka Splenda Bear). 

Although to be honest, Justin actually sounded reasonable during his private convo with June. Of course, I thought Geno was sensible and a good influence on June at one time 🙄

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
(edited)

I dunno, I think Alana's boyfriend seems fairly cleancut and like a good kid.

I just saw this on the Daily Mail. June, your days of reality TV paychecks are numbered. ETA, I just read back and saw that Armchair Critic has posted this first. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10995823/Honey-Boo-Boo-Pumpkin-enjoy-beach-day-amid-talk-theyre-getting-without-Mama-June.html

23 hours ago, sempervivum said:

This episode was worth watching just for that lingering side-by-side comparison shot of Sugar Bear and Justin (aka Splenda Bear). 

Although to be honest, Justin actually sounded reasonable during his private convo with June. Of course, I thought Geno was sensible and a good influence on June at one time 🙄

Justin is lightyears smarter than Sugarbear. But then, so is your average rock. But yeah. Justin seems to be fairly decent. And yes. Geno was, before he got on the drugs.

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 4

What state were Mama June's drug charges in? Wasn't she to do community services, and be gainfully employed? Surprised she could just move from that state whenever she felt like it. Also, if she doesn't have her show, what employment could she possibly be hired at?

• Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Mama June is disgusting and should have been canceled years ago when her pedo ex boyfriend got out of prison and she moved him when Honey BooBoo was in her preteen.

I hope they girls do get a show without her, I'll watch just to see how Alana get's along in life.

The boyfriend seems like a gay friend to me but I get that vibe with all the men on reality shows.

He could be in it just for clout and being on TV.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Love 6
On 7/9/2022 at 6:15 AM, BAForever said:

Agree Armchair Critic. She wasn't close to 500. And no way in hell she got down to 120 pounds. She lost lots, but not that much.

According to a NY Post article I just looked at, she was up to 460 pounds.  But everybody knows she never got down to 120 OR a size 4. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 7/9/2022 at 3:15 AM, BAForever said:

Seeing her sitting next to someone who does weigh 500ish pounds, no way Mama June was ever 550 while on any of the shows and that was probably her heaviest.  She didn't get down to 120 and a true regular size four either.  That red dress was super stretchy material and cut to bend with her curves.  Maybe it was a made for the show size 4.  :)  I have a lot of not stretchy size 4s in my closet and June would not be able to get into any of them.  She looked to be at least a 10 or maybe 12 in the thighs and rear and maybe 160 to 180 pounds.  It would have been nice for her if she'd been able to hold onto that size.  

I am so impressed with how pretty Jessica is with new clothes, hair, and make up.  I so wish she'd do something with her life besides this show.  Maybe she is behind the scenes.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 4

I don't feel sorry for June losing custody, she will never take responsibility for what she does wrong. After she signed the papers she was still lying saying she was always there for the girls and they know she will always rescue them. They actually have proof on film that June abandoned the girls and ran off.

• Like 2
  • Love 8

Agree 100% Armchair Critic.  She couldn't have made good on her promise to be around all the time for Alanna even going back home after Las Vegas.  She and new guy had to be in LA in 2 days for some free cosmetic dental work and weight loss surgery (again!).

I thought the previews were hilarious - especially when the child support was mentioned and June said "I don't agree with THAT"...  WHAT a doofus.  She needs to go already.

Let's have a show WITHOUT Mama June!

• Like 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

I agree.   They should have dumped June for good after the first show cancellation, and not brought her back.   All the money did was enable her to get more freebies, and money to waste on her selfish activities.   She's never been there to protect any of her children.    

All June cares about is money, and not her children.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Absolom said:

She looked to be at least a 10 or maybe 12 in the thighs and rear and maybe 160 to 180 pounds. 

In earlier years, June would be a 10 or 12 at her thinnest. I have vintage clothes that substantiate the craziness that is today's vanity sizing. When I was a thin fit young adult, my dresses were labeled size 8.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Not agreeing with child support says it all about June.  She doesn't care about anyone else.  She doesn't think she should support the children she birthed.  It's all about party time for June.

1 minute ago, pasdetrois said:

In earlier years, June would be a 10 or 12 at her thinnest. I have vintage clothes that substantiate the craziness that is today's vanity sizing. When I was a thin fit young adult, my dresses were labeled size 8.

My mother wore a size 8 when I was a kid and she was maybe 100 pounds.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Loved Pumpkin springing the papers on her.  June doesn’t even realize that was the reason Jess and Pumpkin agreed to the trip.  And can I say again how much I really love Josh?  He’s such a great dad and cares more about Alana than either June or Sugar Bear.  

Looks like Sugar Bear shows up next week.  If June needs to pay child support, I would assume the courts will expect him to pay as well.  

• Like 2
  • Love 7

How is June going to be able to pay child support if she's not on TV going forward? Not that I really care, since it's only 2 years til Alana is on her own.

The 3 all looked good above the neck, but those dresses were horrendous. Jessica's red nightmare made her body look like a boa constrictor's following a meal of baby elephant.

I really don't understand how those stylists are able to stand up long enough to work on hair- their poor knee and hip joints! The owner's insurance premiums must be astronomical (assuming she even covers her employees). 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Without a shadow of a doubt, June is a pathetic excuse for a mother and her reaction to the custody situation was disgusting.  Let's see . . . first, she's pissed they ruined her weekend by asking her to sign the custody documents.  Then, she says she's doesn't feel pressured to give away her kid because it's Alana's best interest and seems to imply she should get some kind of credit for recognizing that.  Doesn't seem to occur to her at all that maybe she should be upset because it's not in Alana's best interest to live with her.  Then she says the only thing that bothers her about it is that she's being "made out to be a bad person."  Fucking ME ME ME.

She cares about one thing, and one thing only, and that's doing exactly what the fuck she wants to - which seems to consist almost exclusively of spending tens of thousands of dollars to ensure she's getting the male attention her fragile ego needs.  Too bad she can't seem to feed that need with attention from her kids, and find some self worth in being a good mother.

The degree to which she is self-absorbed, coupled with her complete lack of any self-awareness - and let's not even mention the smug look she usually has on her face - makes me want to bitch slap her through my tv, and I would be delighted if she were never on the show again.  I would absolutely still tune in to watch Josh and Pumpkin trying to raise four (good Lord!) kids + Alana, keep their marriage together, etc., and I would love for them to get the big tv paycheck instead of June.  Josh and Pumpkin are trying as hard as they know how, and I can't help but pull for them (+ Alana and Jessica) and hope they get a happily ever after in spite of fucking loser June.

Oh, and the kids are freaking adorable.  Ella is a precocious, bright little ball of energy and happiness, and Bentley with that red hair . . . Super super cute.  : )

• Applause 3
  • Love 8
On 7/9/2022 at 7:58 AM, Cabarb said:

We all know that reality shows are scripted. And I absolutely believe some scenes are taken word for word from that script. But Josh is either an excellent liar and actor, or this is very real for their family. The chat with Dr Ish seemed so incredibly sincere and so did all the tears he shed. I could be wrong but I didn’t get the sense at all that he’s playing it up for the cameras. 

Beautifully said, SabineElisabeth!!

I wonder about their manager/agent....  She's always finding freebies for June and the boyfriends, I wonder if she'd let June go and just represent the new bunch - all the family BUT June!

• Love 4
17 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

The degree to which she is self-absorbed, coupled with her complete lack of any self-awareness

There are many sociopaths who walk the reality TV world. She's one of 'em.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm not even sure what to think about this.

Dodo is on Facebook saying:

"OK Everyone....We have officially kicked off our Summer Tour to meet our fans in a city near you!! We had a great turn out in Hollywood, California and our NEXT STOP is ATLANTA, GEORGIA!!!!!!"

Pay to Meet the Family

Edited by Angeltoes
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 1
(edited)

Does no one communicate w/June’s oldest daughter Anna?  It made me a little bit sad when Pumpkin said she wanted the three sisters to get a matching tattoo when there are technically four sisters 

Edited by teapot
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, teapot said:

Does no one communicate w/June’s oldest daughter Anna?  It made me a little bit sad when Pumpkin said she wanted the three sisters to get a matching tattoo when there are technically four sisters 

Saw a blurb that they all reunited when Pumpkin had the twins.  https://allaboutthetea.com/2022/06/23/mama-june-shannons-estranged-daughter-anna-reunites-with-sister-pumpkin-amid-moms-absence/

I believe she wants nothing to do with June.  I have a feeling we might see more of her if June was eliminated from the show.  Another win/win.  

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Anna gave an interview about her relationship with June around the time Bentley was born.  They haven't really had meaningful conversation since June dated Anna's rapist and for a hot second and there's some tension between them over money, but the sisters are all still close.

source

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Anna gave an interview about her relationship with June around the time Bentley was born.  They haven't really had meaningful conversation since June dated Anna's rapist and for a hot second and there's some tension between them over money, but the sisters are all still close.

source

That's good to hear.  Pumpkin may have said "three sisters" because the three of them were all living together.

BTW - how effing SWEET was that conversation between Pumpkin and Alana as she was preparing to leave for Vegas and come home?  The love was audible.

I always worried about Alana going back to June.  Seasons back she was so desperate for a good relationship with her mother - even Pumpkin was hopeful.  And she was certainly excited about The Masked Singer (oh my GOD how awful were they?) and was hurt that they did nothing because desperate clingy Mama had Sugar Bear 2.0 on the phone 24/7.  But I think the final straw for Alana was abandoning her at the airport so she could rush home to be with the Toothless Wonder. 

And I don't think Josh is following some sort of script when it comes to June.  I think he genuinely loathes the bitch.   

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

That's good to hear.  Pumpkin may have said "three sisters" because the three of them were all living together.

BTW - how effing SWEET was that conversation between Pumpkin and Alana as she was preparing to leave for Vegas and come home?  The love was audible.

I always worried about Alana going back to June.  Seasons back she was so desperate for a good relationship with her mother - even Pumpkin was hopeful.  And she was certainly excited about The Masked Singer (oh my GOD how awful were they?) and was hurt that they did nothing because desperate clingy Mama had Sugar Bear 2.0 on the phone 24/7.  But I think the final straw for Alana was abandoning her at the airport so she could rush home to be with the Toothless Wonder. 

And I don't think Josh is following some sort of script when it comes to June.  I think he genuinely loathes the bitch.   

Was it Sugar Bear 2.0 or Jordan?  (the guy from rehab, I don't think we ever actually saw him, did we?) that got the car and the apartment out of her for his new bride.

Josh seems to have matured quite a bit since we first saw him as a goofy teenager.  He seems like a really good dad (at least I hope so, with four kids plus Alana), I love his relationship with Ella.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Sile said:

Was it Sugar Bear 2.0 or Jordan?  (the guy from rehab, I don't think we ever actually saw him, did we?) that got the car and the apartment out of her for his new bride.

Josh seems to have matured quite a bit since we first saw him as a goofy teenager.  He seems like a really good dad (at least I hope so, with four kids plus Alana), I love his relationship with Ella.

Oh, shoot, I don't know which man it was - it's so hard to keep up.  I assumed it was the Sugar Bear 2.0 because didn't she embark right away on that ridiculous "tour" of hers to visit states and help others?  That seems to be have been cut short really quick - especially since she was a bargain basement venues with 7 people showing up.  I'd assume the show might have picked up the tab until they realized that it was a crapfest and that people aren't interested in what she has to say.    

Josh really does seem to be a great dad.  And Ella simply adores her Daddy.  

• Wink 1
  • Love 2
On 7/17/2022 at 6:06 PM, teapot said:

I'm bettting since Anna is not on the show, they can't mention her.   Remember we only see small snippets of their lives which are HEAVILY edited and producer driven.   

Oh heavens, that tour is going to be bust.   Pumpkin and hubby will be fine, but Alanna will be crushed.   She needs to be out of the limelight and have her self-esteem not built on the attention of others.

• Love 3
(edited)

Alana is getting gastric sleeve surgery, or whatever it's called. Her boyfriend is also getting some kind of surgery. Who is paying for his surgery?

Sigh.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1

I know someone who did a different weight loss surgery and, prior to the surgery, you are required to go to group counseling with others who will be having the same surgery and lose a certain amount of weight by following a specific diet to prove you can follow directions. Afterwards, your food intake is severely limited and you have to watch every little thing you put in your mouth.

I have to wonder about a doctor that would take Alana on as a patient. I do not see her doing the prep work and I do not see her following the diet after the surgery. Many people do. My friend did everything she was told to do. I just don’t think that will be the case here. Didn’t Jessica and June have a similar surgery? We see how that worked out. This will be good for another two years of the show, or more likely, the new show with just Alana, Jess and the Pumpkin family, but I can’t see it, or Alana’s weight loss, lasting for much longer. These people need real intensive therapy and not just the guy who comes by a couple of times a season when June is being June. I am sure the surgery and the meet and greet were all that agent’s idea. 

• Love 3

Dralin found his meal ticket. He is making the paid appearances with them and this article says he is having weight loss surgery with Alana. 

At Alana’s age she should be able to take weight off with diet and exercise alone. I hope she isn’t doing it to extend her tv fame.

https://pagesix.com/2022/07/20/honey-boo-boo-to-undergo-13k-weight-loss-surgery-with-boyfriend/?utm_source=url_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

• Applause 1
  • Love 3

I suspect that even if Alana has everything explained to her, that she'll still ignore the limitations of gastric sleeve as a tool to weight loss, and do what June did..   Sadly, I bet she loses at first, then gains back, gets another program and loses some, and has to keep fighting regaining.          I hope this surgery isn't the start of a lifetime of procedures, including plastic surgery.     

I wonder if she's having the surgery in the U.S., or going to another country without counseling, psychological screening, etc. before surgery.   Some on Dr. Now's My 600 lb. Life went to Mexico for procedures, without any pre-surgery requirement except paying the cost. 

• Love 2

Surprised and disappointed that Alana is having WL surgery. She's awfully young. No doubt her short life has been full of junk food and bad nutrition. Agree with crazyinalabama, she'll lose weight in the beginning, then fall back into old habits. 

• Love 4

The problem with Alana getting the surgery is she doesn't practice healthy eating skills. She grew up eating absolutely nothing but junk and still eats 99% of just junk. So unless she starts dieting and exercising and still can't lose the weight then she doesn't need the surgery. I guarantee if they are regrouping the show with just Pumpkin and Alana then it'll be "Honey Boo Boo from Not to Hot." Which is gross because she is SIXTEEN YEARS OLD! 

• Sad 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

ellenr33, I'm a huge 600 Lb Life fan, so weight loss surgery fascinates me. And I ALWAYS root for successes, although I love train wrecks too. I'd watch Alana go through counseling and surgery and retraining her brain and body, and I'd root for her. Just wish she was a 25 year old adult finished with school and  embarking on a career. Not a kid. And I agree. Setting next season as Alana, Pumpkin, Josh and their 4 kids. 

• Love 5

Weight loss surgery is a long-term commitment and hard work.  If Alana has no motivation to lose weight, how is that going to change after she has the gastric sleeve?  It's a recipe for failure and any doctor doing surgery on someone who has no will to put in the work should be ashamed.

All of these people need therapy and need to stop shilling crap on Instagram and stay far away from reality tv.

• Like 3
  • Love 3