Type keyword(s) to search

Mama June: From Not To Hot: Seasons 1-6

• Start Topic

ITA Armchair Critic,  if June spent  ONE MILLION DOLLARS and doesn't have a pot to piss in now; it's waayy past time to latch onto the reality tit again.  

Just one problem Junebug:  NOBODY CARES ANYMORE.  Get a job.  Give it up.  Be a fatso for life with a wonky foot and some wanky teeth.

• Love 3

I wonder where the hell June and Geno are going to stay.

Stay strong, Pumpkin, tell 'em, HELL NO!

Ella is pretty coordinated, riding that hoverboard around like that.

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 3

I wonder how long until June and Geno's new house is trashed. Two days?

Whomever does the dental work for that family should be embarrassed. June and Doe Doe's veneers (if that's what they are) are the worst I've ever seen.

• Love 6

This show is really pathetic.  What's worse.... I AM WATCHING THIS DRIVEL!!! Jeebus.  Know I need that hilarity on Friday night that Life After Lockup provides but THIS show ain't it!! I couldn't care less about June.

I want Pumpkin & Alana to make it in life, for sure.  I just don't need to watch. Done. Ugh.

• Love 5

June has such pretty grandchildren. I don't know what she sees in Geno. Pumpkin never let another woman move into your house with you and your husband. Even if the girl is your sister. Alanna is in her teenage years haha her little nails are something else. Aunt Doe Doe is silly and jolly as ever haha.

• Love 2

I know Jessica has never been on the show much and is probably uncomfortable, but I always feel like she’s “acting” and it’s working my last nerve.

Do Geno & June just lay around and go to the beach all day?  We should all be so lucky 

• Love 6

Wow, I can usually lose myself in this drivel, but this whole darned episode seemed "extra" scripted.  June being obnoxious at the beach was too much. Calling Pumpkin allegedly every few minutes.  Geno seeming like the reasonable sensible half of the pair. Pumpkin and Josh's behavior toward each other.  The whole stupid incident where he came across Jessica on the couch (Oh look! A camera is there just to perfectly catch it!) Pumpkin not telling Josh she'd let Jessica move in. Josh coming in just as Pumpkin was touting whatever diet junk Jessica was trying to peddle. 

Even if was as scripted as hell, Pumpkin was a pill to Jessica at her photo shoot.  She didn't say one encouraging word to her sister. 

I did laugh at how Josh's friend said he had been through therapy for the past two years and now Josh was getting the "friend's discount" by getting what he'd learned second-handedly. 

I thought Khloe Kardashian was the only celebrity stupid enough to sport those "coffin nails." I laughed at Alana's stupid excuse not to be doing Zoom school.  That kid is never going to pass and graduate. 

Oh, and don't even get me started on the drama surrounding finding out they had a hearing the next day.  I'm a lawyer and, yes, if it's true, that was not cool of their attorney to suprise them with court the next day.  However, in real life, the lawyer probably told them 3 times and gave written notice of the hearing and June and Geno spaced it. The other thing that bothered me is what the big tizzy about not being ready was all about.  Did they mean mental preparation? Getting their lies straight? Or, was it a check-in kind of hearing where the court wants to know what kind of progress they'd made? In that case, one day's notice would stink, because they would have to get together their certification of completion of rehab, and perhaps other programs. Do they have to travel out of state for the hearing?

And finally, for some reason I was surprised that one of the main producers, the female in the cap, was one of the ones there on June's film crew.  I don't know why it surprises me she was at June's filming and not at Pumkin's, but it did.  Or maybe she's at all the filmings and this was not filmed simultaneously with the Pumpkin stuff.

Edited by Cowgirl
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

Pumpkin and Josh's behavior toward each other. 

The part about Josh being banished to the porch was total baloney.  There was a screen door in the porch.  He could have gone through that to get outside and he could have at least slept in his truck.

• Love 5

I tuned in for shits and grins mostly.  Kudos to Pumpkin for losing the weight.  But find some day care and get a job.  And tell your sister to pick up afterself.

I can't think that Alana is even going to be marketable in any form down the road.  She's not really interesting and I frankly cringe every time she opens her mouth, usually to say something completely ridiculous.  Her 15 minutes are over.  I don't care if she was an adorable toddler - she's now an overweight, ignorant talentless teenager with nothing special about her.   And that goes for the criminal masquerading as her mother, her neanderthal mini-me father and his attention whoring wife as well.  

If the ratings reported are accurate, they'll ALL probably need to get real jobs soon.

• Love 12

I see them doing that nutty marriage show they film in LA.  It's soo memorable! I can't even think of the name!

It would be good if ALL those girls went to SCHOOL and not try to make it on fingernails alone.

• Love 1

Why, oh why, is this show even back?!? June doesn’t need anymore screen time. She has more than proven she is not that “poor but loving”mother people thought she was when the original Honey Boo-Boo aired. This woman has had so many opportunities to make positive  changes for her family and squandered every one. It is reprehensible to throw more money at her and the mess she has made. 

• Love 8

Ok, guys I’m not being mean I promise.  And I’m not one to talk cuz I ain’t never even *seen* the stuff.

But on Andy Cohen’s show it sounds like June said she spent $600k on cocaine.

and from what I’ve read about Lindsay Lohan in 2005 in Us Weekly...aren’t the physical signs of being a coke head...not really what June & Geno look like???

Edited by teapot
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Randomly:

The difference between drugged out Geno and sober Geno is night and day. Wow.  I believe June is clean too, she seems to be more lucid and less stressed out than last season. Still a selfish mess though.

I wonder why Pumpkin didn't wait to mow the lawn until Alana was available to keep an eye on Ella. I was a bit concerned  when I saw that. I guess then we wouldn't have the "Ella answers the phone and hangs up on Doe Doe scene.

Doe Doe's daughter is really starting to pack on the weight, which is a shame.  Obviously Doe Doe knows how to cook healthy things. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

It looked like Doe Doe and June were trying not to laugh a couple of times during June's "surprise" visit.

Geno actually came off as more sensible and likable than June this episode.

I know the camera adds pounds but Jessica still has a big stomach after weight loss surgery and a tummy tuck. She is a cute girl though, she has prettier features than Alana and Pumpkin (IMO).

I do think weight loss surgery can be positive for people who are willing to make a life change which June didn't do and I am skeptical about Jessica. That's why I think Pumpkin is wise to do it through eating better and exercising. Especially when you are Pumpkin and Jessica's age, if you are like me it was easier to lose weight at that age than now (cough*wrongsideof40*cough).

I see Dr. Ish found a way to get paid this episode.

The Jennifer and Sugar Bear clown show continues. Nobody wants to see Sugar Bear getting sick in a public restroom. And that ridiculous meal he ordered? smdh. My one nice thing to say is that Jennifer looked less haggard.

Almost forgot to mention Janice just happening to run into (riiiight) June at the gas station. I have a feeling behind the scenes they are all laughing at the stupid arguments they stage for this show.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 9

I don't care enough to rewatch this, wasn't paying much attention last night, but: what was June gabbling about regarding some health problem of hers? I though she was talking about lymphedema in one of her legs, and if it wasn't resolved in 6 months, something terrible was going to happen? Really, the only time I pay attention to this is when Ella is on, what a funny little sprite she is.

Sugar Bear looks like a wreck. And Jennifer should know better by now than to trust him to bring his meds with him. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, sempervivum said:

I don't care enough to rewatch this, wasn't paying much attention last night, but: what was June gabbling about regarding some health problem of hers? I though she was talking about lymphedema in one of her legs, and if it wasn't resolved in 6 months, something terrible was going to happen?

I am not going to rewatch either but from what I understand she has Lymphedema in her arms and legs. I am skeptical about the 6 months to live bit she claimed. Lymphedema is not curable, you learn to contain it, but it is not usually life threatening.

• Love 3

How much weight has Jennifer put back on?  

June is as selfish as ever.  

It's true this is so faked.  

Oh yeah, for sure drag in Dr. Ish.  That was some crazy acting with June and Doe Doe.  

Yeah, Janice just happened upon them at the service station.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

The worst faking is Pumpkin and Josh, and the thing is, they could have an interesting storyline without faking it.  Why is Josh working so far away--is he still pumping out the toilets of RVs?  Isn't that like being a doctor--you can find work anywhere?  And what is Pumpkin doing with herself (and Ella) all day?  I think if this show were to be honest about them, and about Alana (how do kids at school *really* treat her, and what does *she* do all day?), it would be at least watchable.  Right now, it's not only fake, but everybody yells all the time, whether they're upset about something or not.  Pumpkin is the worst for doing this; I wonder if they all grew up having to yell for anybody to hear them. 

I don't know why I continue to watch this show.  Maybe I'm just too lazy to take it off my DVR list.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Mothra said:

The worst faking is Pumpkin and Josh, and the thing is, they could have an interesting storyline without faking it.  Why is Josh working so far away--is he still pumping out the toilets of RVs?  Isn't that like being a doctor--you can find work anywhere?  And what is Pumpkin doing with herself (and Ella) all day?  I think if this show were to be honest about them, and about Alana (how do kids at school *really* treat her, and what does *she* do all day?), it would be at least watchable.  Right now, it's not only fake, but everybody yells all the time, whether they're upset about something or not.  Pumpkin is the worst for doing this; I wonder if they all grew up having to yell for anybody to hear them. 

I don't know why I continue to watch this show.  Maybe I'm just too lazy to take it off my DVR list.

So much this.  There are interesting stories here if they would let it happen.  Josh and Pumpkin who had a child very young; he is unskilled labor trying to make ends meet. They are also responsible for Alana, a teenager who had her moments of fame that would likely impact how others deal with her.  What is her school life like? How do other kids react to her? June's addiction and recovery(?). The actual potential for her to go to prison and how that impacts the family.  

Instead we get Miss Janice somehow showing up exactly where June and Geno are.  Conveniently she is mic'ed.  We have Sugar Bear ordering and eating tons of crap food even though he is an insulin dependent diabetic.  Note to show - no one gives a damn about creeper Sugar Bear.   We have the super fake SB wants custody of Alana.  Clearly he does not.  If we saw the real story rather than the ridiculous made up crap, there would be something to see.  This show is just a mess. 

I think they mentioned Josh is doing construction work in South Carolina.  Learning a trade would be a good path for him.  The whole Pumpkin is upset storyline is so fake (and don't get me started with her sister sleeping on the couch and Josh making moves on her thinking she's Pumpkin).  They are not the first couple for whom someone had to find work elsewhere.  If that's how they are paying the bills, I give him credit for working when and where he can.  

And of course Pumpkin just happens to mow the lawn when no one other than Ella is home so that Ella answers the phone when DoeDoe calls.  Ugh.  I sprained my eyes from rolling them so hard. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

And of course Pumpkin just happens to mow the lawn when no one other than Ella is home so that Ella answers the phone when DoeDoe calls.  Ugh.  I sprained my eyes from rolling them so hard. 

I'm sure Ella has her very own tablet she can play on and Pumpkin could have kept her phone in her back pocket.

• Love 5

I can't stand June, coming off all entitled like she "deserves" to see her girls.. BS...She has done nothing for them over the last few years other than crawl up Geno's ass and stay there. She sold the family home and the girls belongings, including stuff that was Ella's. I like that Dr Ish told her off in a way.  Also Junes BS about she only having 6 months to live - she is trying for the sympathy card.  Josh has seemed to matured some and Pumpkin needs to lighten up on him

• Love 10

June is the least interesting person on this show and I say this as someone who despises Jennifer. I will say that June looks better in the face with the weight gain. Geno’s new addiction seems to be food but at least that won’t get him arrested. 

I get this show is very scripted but it was actually better when June was barely on it due to her drug use. I applaud Pumpkin for working hard to lose weight but I wonder why Alana did not as well. They should all have been eating the healthy meals. I don’t believe the Fighting between Pumpkin and Josh. I don’t doubt they have their issues but they seem to be the healthiest relationship we have seen on the show and the bar is very low. Josh has a job and works to support the family, that’s obviously not a normal thing in this family. 

I don’t think Alana cares about school because she thinks she will always have a TV show. The problem is that the Honey Boo Boo character may have worked when she was a kid but it isn’t cute or funny when trying for an adult career. I am sure she has money in a trust she will get when she turns 18 and I am also sure it will be gone quickly. 

• Love 6

Alana and Ella do not like vegetables because they are not used to eating them. While I commend Pumpkin for taking Alana in, she needs to help her get her weight under control. Even while eating junk food, portion control matters.

Why are we calling a grown ass adult Pumpkin?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

When Geno and Sugar Bear seem like the reasonable ones, does that mean the world is ending😲?

I kept expecting June to say that if she had to choose, she'd stick with Geno over her family (which is what I think is true, although she'll choose family because it = $$$ for her and Geno).

Ella continues to be adorable. I'm glad Pumpkin and Josh have sort of made up, but I wish Pumpkin would stop talking so ugly to him. I know it's scripted, but it sends a bad message to their kid(s).

Alana continues to look like a fat, middle aged woman. 

• Love 9