Type keyword(s) to search

Mama June: From Not To Hot: Seasons 1-6

• Start Topic

Don't believe everything you see on this show.  Someone mentioned Jennifuckface buying a house without Sugar Bear's knowledge.  They may have a different house, but I seriously doubt it happened the way it was presented on the show.  Someone commented on Alana having a friend from school come to a sleep-over (we called them slumber parties in my day) (did I really just say "in my day"?).  That could have been any child of a production member or an actress.

There's waaaaaaay too much deception on this and other reality shows.  Just take everything with a big fat grain of salt.

That said, I can't wait until next season!!!  

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

Don't believe everything you see on this show.  Someone mentioned Jennifuckface buying a house without Sugar Bear's knowledge.  They may have a different house, but I seriously doubt it happened the way it was presented on the show.  Someone commented on Alana having a friend from school come to a sleep-over (we called them slumber parties in my day) (did I really just say "in my day"?).  That could have been any child of a production member or an actress.

There's waaaaaaay too much deception on this and other reality shows.  Just take everything with a big fat grain of salt.

I think the lady she was talking to about the house was Junes momma, I also think they whole idea behind it was to show their relationship as opposed to MJ & momma.......just my take.  

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Absolom said:

I don't know how much to believe of this, but we know at least in what was put on air, they were ignoring June was flying high.

https://soapdirt.com/mama-june-from-not-to-hot-geno-blames-drug-use-on-shows-crew/

I think Geno is a bullshitter but I do believe it. They all knew there were drugs but they wanted to keep the gravy train rolling. The documentary excuse doesn't hold up because most of the show is scripted.

• Love 5

Oh yeah, they wanted to keep the gravy train rolling.   But Geno still CHOSE to use.   The production company had nothing to do with that.   They didn't have an obligation to stop it.   Now they could have cut him from the show because he was doing drugs, but the underlying drug issue is ALL on Geno.    Rehab won't stick because its all someone else's fault.    He won't be able to stay off if around June -- implying she got him addicted   Production didn't stop him.    Something.   It's all someone's job to stop him from being an addict.   Until he accepts it's all on HIM for doing drugs and continuing to do them, ain't nothing going to change for him.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

But Geno still CHOSE to use.

I agree with that. 

2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Until he accepts it's all on HIM for doing drugs and continuing to do them, ain't nothing going to change for him. 

Same goes for June. When the show puts her in rehab or she gets some freebie (I assume she got her teeth fixed for free for the publicity) it's like she knows she can keep doing wrong and she will still get helped. So why change her behavior when somebody will keep cleaning up after her? Some people saying if only June could get away from Geno but... she seems to screw up with any man she gets with. If it wasn't Geno it would just be somebody else.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, slasherboy said:

During the show they messed up the Jennifer and SB buy a new house storyline.  She mentioned renting it.  So, um, no. I don't believe they bought a larger house to have room for Alana.  The whole Jennifer wants custody of Alana (since SB clearly does not) story is only for the show.  If they filed papers, they should be fined for wasting the court's time.  Jennifer wants to stay in the (world's dullest) limelight.

Geno can try to blame production all he wants.  I agree, production did not pour copious amounts of beer down his throat.  He did. Production is not with him at all times.  Geno blames production. Production builds a story that blames Geno for June's use. June blames everyone but herself. June's family tries to claim they blame Geno but Doe Doe is a terrible actress.  They all know June had these issues for a long time.  If it's not drugs, it's food, or whatever horrible (usually pedophile) man she has glommed onto.  Her family is better off without her.  Alana is too young to realize that.  

• Love 8

Well, conspiracy theories aside, it is more than likely that Alana IS enrolled in public school. Do you honestly think that Pumpkin and Josh, each with a job and with a toddler to take care of, are homeschooling Alana? Forget it. Pumpkin also knows that Alana needs to have friends of her own and a life separate from the show. Give her that much credit. And Doe Doe wouldn't be homeschooling her either, she has a full time job of her own. Alana is going to a public high school. 

Some of the aspects of the show, ok, yes, probably set up. But a "stunt friend" set up by the show? GMAB, lol. It's a reality show, it isn't that serious. 

• Love 4

No, they already had one man on there that admitted to beating his partner (Lee and Rena, she left him, but went right back).     Geno wouldn't do so well on that show.    

Geno is such a jerk, but so is June.   

• Love 3
14 hours ago, newyawk said:

I cannot get over how extremely Geno has ballooned. They need to do a Dr. Now crossover.

people were commenting that he had had the cyst or whatever was on his neck removed. I think he's just gained so much weight that its now hidden in fat 😳 good gracious they look a mess.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 7/7/2020 at 8:39 AM, Whyyouneedaname said:

people were commenting that he had had the cyst or whatever was on his neck removed. I think he's just gained so much weight that its now hidden in fat 😳 good gracious they look a mess.

I agree, its in all the fat. 

• LOL 1

If you look closely, the lump is still there in all 3 pictures of Geno.  He still needs to do a Dr. Pimple Popper crossover.  He would probably hit on her though, and ask for some of that nitrous oxide she's been using in her recent content.

• Love 6
On 6/20/2020 at 8:23 AM, sempervivum said:

The only chance she has of cleaning up is for her to completely run out of money so that Geno dumps her.

If this show dumps her, no doubt Geno will explore monetary rewards for appearing on Dr. Pimple Popper to rid himself of that grotesque GROWTH on his neck.

• Love 3
On 7/5/2020 at 5:53 PM, newyawk said:

Some of the aspects of the show, ok, yes, probably set up. But a "stunt friend" set up by the show? GMAB, lol. It's a reality show, it isn't that serious. 

I've worked as a background actor on quite a few TV shows, movies and such, including a popular reality show that's in it's 8th season.  You might be seriously surprised by what relationships are "real" and who are "stunt friends".  I don't believe much of what I see on these shows, and this Boo Boo show is right up there at the top.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 7/25/2020 at 1:54 PM, goofygirl said:

Isn't there one on his head too?? Kinda right there in front?

I can't stand to look at him that directly.  Somebody else look at tell me if it's there! 🤣

• LOL 7

When are they going to pretend they have anything new going on?  When am I going to stop being suckered into watching this damn show?

They're shifting around events to fool me into believing something has happened, and it hasn't.  Hope springs eternal, but I'm truly not this dumb.  Really, I'm not.

Well, I do keep falling for the eternal repeats of the thousand pound family, which my dvr swears is a new episode when it isn't.  I feel like Keanu Reeves in the matrix.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Her three chins will be back in 6 months just like all the weight she once lost, too.

Meanwhile poor Alana is morbidly obese as a young teenager, but her mother is no help. June sets a bad example... showing that instead of eating right and exercising you should just get somebody to pay for your surgeries.

Also June may have better teeth but her gums still give her an ugly smile.

• Love 5

I saw that article yesterday morning.  Looks like June selected teeth and hair from the Doe-Doe collection.

All of us Dr. Pimple Popper fans also got the answer to the Eternal Question regarding Geno:  Cyst or lipoma?

And the answer is:

Spoiler

Lipoma!  My money was on cyst. Good thing my money was imaginary.

Edited by Sile
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 11/8/2020 at 7:16 PM, Armchair Critic said:

Meanwhile poor Alana is morbidly obese as a young teenager

I don't watch this show, but get the occasional glimpse of things. I recently saw a photo of Alana, & she is huge! She must be coming up (or passed) 300 pounds. I hope she's getting some kind of medical care, because there is no way her cholesterol, blood sugar levels, etc are in the normal range. She is really in an unhealthy state.

• Love 5

Wait, she spent $700K in 7 months on drugs?? She and Geno were supposedly destitute, but now they can spend (between them) over $100K on plastic surgery? I'd like my bank account to work the way theirs does.

The new chin looks good, but now do something about the triple THIGHS. Lord, her legs are so weird looking.

• Love 4
On 11/8/2020 at 10:16 PM, Armchair Critic said:

Meanwhile poor Alana is morbidly obese as a young teenager, but her mother is no help. June sets a bad example... showing that instead of eating right and exercising you should just get somebody to pay for your surgeries.

Also June may have better teeth but her gums still give her an ugly smile.

I doubt Alana sees her mom very much since her older sister got guardianship of her.   Mama made it very clear she was choosing Geno over her children, just like she always does when a man pays the slightest bit of attention to her.    Unfortunately her guardian doesn't set a healthy example either.

• Love 2

I hate that expression and concept of "we had to do something for ourselves."  Talk about justification for selfish, self-serving behavior.  She really should be thinking of what she should do Alana in particular and all of her children that she has basically abandoned.

• Love 4
On 11/22/2020 at 2:06 PM, Absolom said:

She really should be thinking of what she should do Alana in particular and all of her children that she has basically abandoned.

The above linked article does say at the end 'the two have reconciled with her family', whatever that may actually mean.

• Love 1

I'm sorry, I'm not very good at navigating the site.  I was looking for threads about Jennifer.  I wondered what happened that caused her strange gait?  She is so terribly competitive with June it even extends to Pumpkin.  I would love for her to get her 'come upperance,' perhaps by losing Honey Bear to June.

6 hours ago, scarlettudor said:

I'm sorry, I'm not very good at navigating the site.  I was looking for threads about Jennifer.  I wondered what happened that caused her strange gait?  She is so terribly competitive with June it even extends to Pumpkin.  I would love for her to get her 'come upperance,' perhaps by losing Honey Bear to June.

I think a lot of her conflict is to keep her on the show.  Jennifer made a big showing of wanting to take over care of Alana.  Sugar Bear didn't seem like he cared.  I doubt they really wanted to responsibility of raising a teenager.  Jennifer seems willing to do anything to stay in the spotlight.  Also, I don't see Sugar Bear as a prize for anyone to win.  He is pretty awful all the way around.  He is a nothing father, toothless, not very bright and not ambitious.  Jennifer might lose him at some point but it will likely be because he is chasing another enormous woman who he thinks will take better care of him financially. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Wouldn't the world be so lucky?

Sadly, she's still alive.

Well where there is life there is hope of redemption ( I don't mean only in the religious sense) thanks for responding. I did not want to click on the link because it seemed iffy. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Now mind you I havent watched the show but I have seen the commercials and occasionally checked out the message boards....and I don’t live under a rock.   But Mama June’s entire let’s face it story plays out like a badly written Lifetime Movie.  I mean a overweight woman gets surgery to make herself thin but then falls into old habits and bad men and drug addiction nearly losing her family the thing that made her get the surgery in the first place but hey she gets clean and gains back all the weight but gets back her family’s love and trust......awwwww

I think I’ve seen that lifetime movie.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Mamma June in no way lost the weight for her family.   She lost it to keep the gravy train rolling after it threatened to derail when it found out she living with her daughter's pedophile rapist.   She only got clean and sober because her legal troubles were derailing the gravy train.   She is back with her family because she wants control of Alana's money again.  

• Love 9

Best shot from the preview (after Love After Lockup) last night: The water tower in the town Josh and Pumpkin live in, inscribed in fancy font: Welcome to BEAUTIFUL BUTTS County'. Yes, there is a Butts County, GA.

• LOL 4

Some thoughts on the preview:

I like what Pumpkin's done with her place, with the paint and the arrangements, etc. It looks like a home now.  

Geno seems like a completely different, settled out person in the little that the clip shows of him. I mean, he could still freak out, and who knows, maybe he will, but he isn't radiating open hostility the way he was last season. So perhaps he really is clean now. Let's hope so.

June, as always, is a ridiculous mess.

• Love 4