Type keyword(s) to search

Mama June: From Not To Hot: Seasons 1-6

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Another article that seems more reliable shows the place they were evicted from and it's a house (not an apartment), probably the one they claimed last week that they were buying. Josh and Pumpkin's House

So what does this mean for the time frame? So confusing now.  The show claims they were living in the apartment when Alana started high school so late August? but the eviction was a house in September? I would assume in most places it takes 2 months to be evicted at least, usually 1 month late and then 1 month of paperwork or hearings. So where were they living when Alana started school? and was this whole move from bad guys a scripted plot? 

Do we know where they live now. not like an address but are they at least stable in a home or apartment? 

• Love 4

Description for S04.E11: Face Off with Mama

Mama and Pumpkin face off in a dramatic and scary sit-down, but neither are prepared for the results of Mama's drug test; Alana discovers a secret the family has been hiding from her.

Original air date 2020.06.12

Please let the face off involve Nick Cage and John Travolta.  Or maybe Geno and June will swap faces instead of just spit? Or Sugar Bear and Jennifer? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 6/8/2020 at 11:13 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm hoping the 'secret' they've been hiding from Alana isn't something that's been all over the gossip news already.  

Explanation?

• Love 1

All of these shows have a nasty tendency to claim there is a big event, or some secret coming out, and it turns out that it's not a secret at all.   I suspect there isn't much that the world doesn't know about anyone on this show. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

Those photos of June are old, from 2015-2018. It shows she can lose the weight, she just can’t keep it off.

Pretty much just like everyone else who tries to lose weight!

• Love 2
On 6/8/2020 at 10:13 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm hoping the 'secret' they've been hiding from Alana isn't something that's been all over the gossip news already.  

I'm assuming that it will be about the custody challenge.

I've watched two shows due to the pandemic!  My goodness!  Last time I watched this show June and Sugar Bear were living by the train tracks and eating Spaghetti mixed with I think Tomato Soup!

I can't believe they're still on tv.

What's wrong with June's teeth. I kept waiting for a close up so I could try to figure it out!

Is one front tooth missing or is one front tooth shorter and setting back!

Yes folks these are the things I ponder!  Lol

• Love 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

What's wrong with June's teeth. I kept waiting for a close up so I could try to figure it out!

Is one front tooth missing or is one front tooth shorter and setting back!

I've been told the teeth are veneers, and she lost one last season.   I think they fixed it on this season.   That damaged tooth really bothered me too.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

They were eating "spaghetti" in the old house - pasta mixed with margarine and ketchup.  Yes, she broke her veneer eating what she called a fat cake which is some kind of commercial snack cake. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

They were eating "spaghetti" in the old house - pasta mixed with margarine and ketchup.  Yes, she broke her veneer eating what she called a fat cake which is some kind of commercial snack cake. 

I thought the proper nomenclature was "sketti"?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 6/10/2020 at 4:51 AM, cooksdelight said:

Those photos of June are old, from 2015-2018. It shows she can lose the weight, she just can’t keep it off.

No, only the red bathing suit photo is older. The blue and white bathing suit photos, which ran in The Sun two days ago,  are from this year.  June has been spending time in Florida. 

https://people.com/tv/mama-june-shannon-practices-yoga-on-the-beach-in-florida/

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/956783/mama-june-jogsencourages-others-to-start-running-jail-time-drug-charges/

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Are we actually gonna see June take the help this time?? OR is this just another bunch of BS?

No sympathy for her tears. I still wouldn't trust her. She should be apologizing, we'll see if she does. 

And she is already lying and covering for Geno.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'm still perplexed by the change in Geno.  Wasn't it just a season ago that he had moved in and was a nice guy and fond of Honey Boo Boo and the family.  Was it just a scripted 'nice guy' front for the show at the time or was he turning on the charm in he beginning and then  his true colors came out, or was did the drugs change his personality?

Edited by Leilani
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

What gets on my nerves is June is acting like a smart ass. She should feel ashamed and embarrassed. She does not want to give up Geno even if they say it's him or us.

It's not like she has chosen her kids over a guy before.   Remember the pedophile?   Who molested one of her kids?    Yep right back with him after he got out of jail.   Her only regret was getting caught and it costing her the show for a while.

• Love 8

June said if the tow truck driver hadn't taken her picture it would have stayed in the family. They have known for awhile June was on drugs and have covered for her. 

What ticked me off is June saying that Alana chose not to live with her when June is the one who abandoned the family and gave Alana no choice. 

I think she's still on drugs, just figured out a way to temporarily test clean.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I think she's still on drugs, just figured out a way to temporarily test clean.

Oh, she's 100% still on drugs. The producers have a vested interest in making it appear she's "clean" so the whole enterprise will read less sleazy while continuing to leave the door open for the "redemption" arc. 

Not buying those manager-staged beach exercise photo ops either. 

(edited)

Not only did June pick the molester over her own children, she picked him before when he molested her other daughter, and called her daughter a liar.    Then she allowed him access to Alana.       And two of her girls are fathered by another molester who is in prison for many years.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

When was this meeting with Pumpkin taped? It seemed by the talk, it was maybe November or December? Pumpkin said something about Mama going to court next year, so I assume she meant 2020 not 2021. Then Mama said she had been clean 3 months and she last used in September.  If this was late last year, I can assume nothing is better?

As for the drug test, I wondered why Mama kept saying I will give blood. I looked up and it said cocaine usually shows positive in urine for 2-3 days but for heavy user it could be over a week. It stays in hair a month or more. Then blood is 2 days. So maybe Mama stopped the hard  drugs 2-3 days before thinking she would be clean and the urine showed the drugs because she was a heavy user but she knew the blood would not?

I feel sad for Alana. I know she loves Ella and I am glad she has her sister and niece but does she have any other hobbies or interests or passions? I know changing school and with her fame friends can be hard but what about something to focus on? I know it is hard for pumpkin who did not go finish high school. I wish there was someone who could guide Alana into a hobby or talent even if it was drawing, jewelry making, computer animation, writing, coding, something realistic (not modeling) that could give her something to do and maybe turn into a future passion or career path. 

• Love 5
(edited)

They also prefer the urine test, because people get clean urine from someone else, and swap the samples.   The only accurate way to do a drug urine test is to do a witnessed test.     

There is also a huge market for clean urine samples.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

They should have given June a hair follicle test which can tell further back more than a few days if she was doing drugs.

I think June wants to be free with Geno and do drugs and visit her family whenever she wants without responsibility.

They got the tv gig because of Alana's personality on Toddlers & Tiaras. People used to say "they may be tacky but they really love each other". But was June ever really a great mother? Her daughters grew up with the pedo boyfriends and even Sugar Bear was a creep, Pumpkin said he was going to a nearby park and meeting up with women. I think the wholesome fun they showed was mostly scripted and that those girls saw a lot of bad stuff.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

June is a better actress than I thought. That said, I do think she really misses her family -- when she is lucid enough to think about them. 

While I'm glad her initial cocaine positive turned out to be a false positive, she is still a junkie. Inpatient, immersive treatment really would be the best thing for her. She acts like a trapped animal.  I hope she can get herself better and Alana can get her mom back. 

Pumpkin is amazing. Total respect for how she is handling things and herself even though she was forced into it. Although I am wondering what the circumstances were that led them to default on the house payments. Was Josh unable to get another job?  Did they pack up and leave suddenly from that place too because they felt it was still unsafe? I am curious.

• Love 5

June is clearly a junkie.  Sounds like she stopped using illegal substances a few days before the meeting so she would test clean.  However she was on a very high level of legal substances to take the edge off.   When I was young, kids would chug cough syrup and go on amusement park rides to get wasted.  June definitely understood how speedy some OTC medicines can be.  Her junkie logic was on full display with the counselors.  She would greatly benefit from inpatient treatment but she has to be willing to go and truly want to change.  Even then it's a hard road.  

I would not be surprised if she has used a variety of substances throughout the years.  This time it derailed her money train.  I feel sorry for all of her children and am happy for the ones who got away.  Pumpkin seems like a good person.  I hope she finds a way to extricate herself.    

• Love 8

I was just rewatching Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, a movie that I love, and the baby, Sunny, reminds me a lot of Ella.  Tons of personality with lots to say, in her own infant language, lol. 

• Love 2

Wow.  June was so arrogant when she went to the rehab center.  Her attitude really bugged me.  She's back to trying to manipulate people and get her own way and her "freedom" which she will no doubt use to do more drugs.  I know this is typical junkie behavior, but it is sickening to watch. 

• Love 7

I kept thinking, "Oh great."  Now that June is featured on this season in person, she will no doubt get paid for those appearances.  She can use that to buy more drugs.  I'm also still amazed that she and Geno allegedly were hired to deliver luggage!

• Love 5
On 6/16/2020 at 10:02 AM, Cowgirl said:

I kept thinking, "Oh great."  Now that June is featured on this season in person, she will no doubt get paid for those appearances.  She can use that to buy more drugs.  I'm also still amazed that she and Geno allegedly were hired to deliver luggage!

Meth. Not even once.

(edited)

My God, this show.  I’m almost ashamed of myself for watching it, but at least it serves as a warning for some people.  If anything, it can be a constant reminder to Pumpkin to make sure she stays clean.  I have to give it to Pumpkin; she has really stepped up in ways that no girl her age should have to.  She’s definitely not perfect -no one is- but she’s trying hard.  Alana will realize one day that Pumpkin has been more of a mother to her than her pathetic birthing sow ever has.  “Mama” June should never, ever have custody of any child, period.  Supervised visits as long as she’s 100% clean (and proven by frequent, random tests), but no overnights stays and damn sure not custody.  It is way past time to put this show to bed.  Alana and Pumpkin both desperately need therapy to learn how to set healthy boundaries with June for their own sakes.

And, Jennifer?

F707A798-C271-41F5-AF43-7AECCB8A73E9.gif

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 9
(edited)

ITA Suzy Rhapsody 1000000000000%  It seems like they're REALLY stretching this shit out and that makes me either a) vomit or b) quit watching c) BOTH.

This family is going to have a ruff tuff time getting off the teevee tit.  I almost think it's up to ME (the viewer)to stop this.  I gotta stop WATCHING THIS SHITSHOW.  It's the only way. I mean, the Howives, Naked People, House Hunters, Remodelers, Renters, Real Estate moguls, Critter People, Detectives, Chefs, Cookie Masters, etc.. are all GROWN UPS.  Alana is a minor child.  Pumpkin is barely old enough to join the Army and vote.  I've GOT to stop watching them f-up their lives!

Finally... Jennifer: YOU ARE A MORON! Sugartooth: YOU, SIR: ARE A MORON!

Edited by goofygirl
can I type??? Uh... not so well!
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Unless you are a Neilsen Family if you are watching this show I don't think your ratings count. But I know what you mean about feeling bad (not for June but her children) watching this.

I have it on the DVR to watch later but caught a bit of the new episode and I still don't think June is sincere. I wish all the kids could get away from June. I feel bad for Pumpkin if she is left with the responsiblity of raising Alana. I know she loves Alana and means well but she needs to concentrate on her marriage and Ella and that's putting a lot on her when Pumpkin is young herself.

Sugar Bear does not want custody of Alana. He loves her but he wouldn't know what to do with her and is more comfortable with just visiting. Jennifer needs to quit with that story line.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 7

why did Alana not get media training which instructed her how to (not) sit in a skirt?  I grew up as No One from No Where and I feel like I had that “skill” down by the time I was her age

• Love 4

They are all getting so big, even Doe Doe's daughter has gained weight. 😢 But I can understand how Pumpkin and Alana would be eating to comfort themselves plus they were raised with poor eating habits. June choosing Geno over them and ignoring them and lying, so sad. I am fed up with June, I feel like telling her go ahead and ruin yourself if you know so much. But sadly it will also hurt her kids.

• Love 6

YES!! Alana screaming at Jennifug to shut up! Too bad it wasn't "STFU!"  But Alana is too respectful. Can't wait to see that scene.

I wonder how Doe Doe managed to turn out so much better and more stable than June. She holds down a job, she's able to maintain a nice house, she generally manages to keep it together, other than her weight.  And her daughter is pretty well adjusted too.  I wonder if their despicable mother was just more abusive to June. I'd like them to show some insight into that at some point.

• Love 4