Type keyword(s) to search

Mama June: From Not To Hot: Seasons 1-6

• Start Topic

(edited)
26 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

What is this magazine cover Jennifer keeps bragging about? Is it anything big or some low-life rag?

Star Magazine, yes a rag magazine. If she did get on the cover I can see it being a postage stamp size picture off to the side because nobody besides us few who are brave (more like crazy) enough to watch this show even know who she is. Unless they really play up the June/HBB angle on the cover.

I feel dirty just watching these people. I shudder at the thought of who would actually pay for June’s sexual services. 

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 5/17/2020 at 3:51 PM, Armchair Critic said:

Star Magazine, yes a rag magazine. If she did get on the cover I can see it being a postage stamp size picture off to the side because nobody besides us few who are brave (more like crazy) enough to watch this show even know who she is. Unless they really play up the June/HBB angle on the cover.

I feel dirty just watching these people. I shudder at the thought of who would actually pay for June’s sexual services. 

Googled Jennifer Thompson Star Magazine and couldn't find any reference to her being on the cover.  

• Love 4

I have a vague memory that the cover did not get produced because they wanted Mama June vs Jennifer and since June didn't show it was off.  Perhaps it was all a put on from the beginning. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I spend a really sad amount of time trying to think of how Alana (and Ella) could be saved.  I don't care about June any more, and I've never cared about Doe Doe and her gleeful recounting of the horrors of June's life.  Big Mike can eat a bucket of dicks.

I think it's important that Alana (along with Pumpkin, Josh, and Ella) be moved out of the South, or at least out of the deep South, and to an area where child beauty pageants are not an important part of local culture.  I'd like to see Alana living someplace where people might be aware of her from Toddlers and Tiaras but would not treat her like a celebrity based on that show.  She has been enabled by her family and her environment to try to continue to feed off that "celebrity"--that and Dancing with the Stars, I guess--and that's got to stop.  She's got to stop believing that she is special because of her looks and to start making normal friends who aren't trying to feed off her being on TV.  I would hope she would not be fat-shamed, but she (and Pumpkin and Josh) need to recognize that what they are doing to their bodies is not just unhealthy; it's making them unattractive.  They all need to lose weight for the best and worst of reasons, and as long as Alana is living and apparently thriving in a culture that celebrates Honey BooBoo, I think she's doomed to grow up into a fat Southern woman with a sassy mouth and an abusive husband and lots of fat children, and she is better than that.

• Love 8

I wonder if Jennifer is somehow attempting to get the network to find her and the Toothless Wonder from the Backwater some sort of spinoff when the curtain is finally rung on this pathetic saga.   She's not even a good actress - she reads the lines for her talking heads in a stilted and forced manner.  

You're delusional, Jennifer....the only reason this show has any ratings at all are because we're all stuck home on Friday nights and we've exhausted our binge watching on Neflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime.  In two years, you'll be nothing more than the formerly thin, resting bitch-faced asshole living in the tacky house down the street, checking the tabloids at the grocery store every week to see if by some miracle you're mentioned.

And no, you won't be getting your hands on Alana's money.  Coogan Law will render that impossible, as I imagine June has already learned.  

• Love 6

ITA Mothra.  Problem is: They're ALL gonna have to learn how to live without the $$$ they get doing this crap.  Josh already has a j-o-b but Pumpkin's gonna have to get one, too.  One where you have to get up every day, take a shower, show up on time, go there 5 days week, be satisfied with 10 work days off a year plus 6 holidays.  Then you have to do THIS for the next 40 years of your life.

Lawd!  WHY DO ANY OF US DO THIS TO OURSELVES???  LOL!  Oh yeah, I forgot.

• Love 5

I never watched Honey Boo Boo back in the day, but somehow got sucked into this season by watching a marathon. In other words I have no idea who these people are or why I'm watching, but I am.

There is so much producer intervention, that it's far from reality. And Jennifer needs to leave the screen.

Love the back posts I'm reading.

• Love 4

‘The talk between Pumpkin,  Doo Doo, and the other lady I caught something. Doo Doo told someone June  uses her cane. And someone told me she had sold it.

This tells me this show is totally fake. If you can tape something before the show ends, you’re either clarvonint or a passenger on the crazy train. 

• Love 1
(edited)

once again I need to say I don’t watch the show but I also don’t live under a rock.   I did flip on the show by accident one day and happened to catch bits of the episode where the doctor guy was asking Alana about the snorting coke thing she did as a joke after her mother failed to go to rehab.   I did find it telling that she couldn’t explain why she did such a stupid thing but the doctor was kind and did get to the root of it.   I also like that the sister and her husband both told Alana that she was welcome in their home and that they liked having her there.

Anyway......

Look there are some things that are never going to happen and one of the big ones is Alana having any sort of normal life outside the view of the camera’s.     She been indoctrinated to believe that this was a legitimate form of earning a living.   Don’t get me wrong if the producers gave a roving shit about the family instead of just pretending to it wouldn’t be so bad.  (People make money doing all kinds of things now).   No one wants to film (or watch) a “normal” family.  Even if we were so inclined most of us are boring shits.   On your last family vacation did someone have a complete meltdown?   Do two members of your family hate each other so much that they fight over custody of a child neither of them actually wants?   Is a member of your family one bad day away from landing in prison?   Does your family consider salt, sugar, fat, and caffeine the basic food groups?  Does your family consider the corner drug dealer as your pharmacist?   Did your family become independently wealthy for doing absolutely nothing?  

If you answered ‘yes’ to at least three  of these questions then you  might be eligible for a reality tv program.  If you answered ‘Yes’  for all of them why aren’t you on a reality tv program already?

Alana has a fighting chance with her sister but if the show cared at all about them they would stop focusing on June’s meltdown and start focusing on getting Alana healthy.   They could have an entire season on Alana losing weight the “right” way but the network would lose the hot mess aspect of the show and thats 2/3s of the audience.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 10

Next new episode is on May 29th.  

June owes shady people money and the family is forced to go into hiding for their own safety; Jennifer goes on the warpath to get custody of Alana; Doe Doe and Amber rush over to June's house, but nothing prepares them for what they find.

And so it goes . . . .

• Love 1
18 hours ago, goofygirl said:

ITA Mothra.  Problem is: They're ALL gonna have to learn how to live without the $$$ they get doing this crap.  Josh already has a j-o-b but Pumpkin's gonna have to get one, too.  One where you have to get up every day, take a shower, show up on time, go there 5 days week, be satisfied with 10 work days off a year plus 6 holidays.  Then you have to do THIS for the next 40 years of your life.

Lawd!  WHY DO ANY OF US DO THIS TO OURSELVES???  LOL!  Oh yeah, I forgot.

I think the company that produces this show and the earlier iterations of Alana's exploitation owe this child and her care-givers a living wage until they are able to support themselves.  This sounds cray, but I truly believe that a really good lawyer could make the case that the company benefited from years of what amounted to child abuse or at least exploitation, ruining Alana's (and to some extent Pumpkin's) ability to support herself as an adult.  It's not just that she is not educated; it's most severely imo the network's (or whoever's in charge) fault that she has been taught that her looks and behavior are admirable and will lead to a career in show business.  They taunt her with "modeling" gigs, with a spin as a stand-up comedian, with an appearance on the graveyard of has-beens Dancing with the Stars.  They gave her a "manager" who as far as I've seen has done nothing to help her prepare for a career in or out of show biz.  If Alana is going to work as a performer, Gina knows she needs to lose weight and harness her loud, embarrassing personality.

Alana is a sweet girl, and my heart breaks for her.  Someone is responsible for ruining this child's life, and it's not only her family who's guilty.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Doe Doe and Amber rush over to June's house, but nothing prepares them for what they find.

A clean house? Its inhabitants reading books? Preparing to get real jobs? 

Nothing would prepare me for any of that to happen on this show.

17 hours ago, Mothra said:

Alana is a sweet girl, and my heart breaks for her.  Someone is responsible for ruining this child's life, and it's not only her family who's guilty.

The producers have no duty of care to her.   They laid out a contract that I am sure has all the right clauses about it about the right to have an attorney review it (if someone then chooses not to, its on them), etc.    They did everything required under the contract.   There is no requirement that they prepare this child or ANY performer for a life after the show ends.  This is all on her parents who signed the damned contract and kept renewing.   They are the ones who instilled it in her head that this is the only way this family will have anything approaching a decent life.

If I recall, they DID have at least one episode regarding the family eating healthier.   What June wanted was a personal chef.   What they got was an education on better eating.   Which went over as well as any kind of trying to educate these folks did.   Look there are lots of things out there about how to eat healthy that doe not require a producer of a tv show to provide them to you.   the family is CHOOSING not to do it.   They could all say "this show is ruining our family we need to stop."  They are CHOOSING not to.   At some point, people are responsible for their own actions.   It's not someone else's responsibility.

• Love 7

You can't dictate to someone about losing weight if you want them to be successful at it, as we see on My 600 Lb Life all the time. Alana really has to want to do it. If it's her idea, then let her bring it up to producers, or to someone else that can take it up with them. She seemed to enjoy the elliptical in the preview clip. Maybe that's something she could start with.  But right now they really have too much on their plate with June to be undertaking any big project. They are still kids, and it's not as easy to just write her off as some might say (although maybe somewhat easier for Pumpkin since she is older). Regular therapy would be helpful for Alana right now, since she needs all the strength she can muster. I'm impressed at how well adjusted she is considering the circumstances.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, newyawk said:

You can't dictate to someone about losing weight if you want them to be successful at it, as we see on My 600 Lb Life all the time. Alana really has to want to do it. If it's her idea, then let her bring it up to producers, or to someone else that can take it up with them. She seemed to enjoy the elliptical in the preview clip. Maybe that's something she could start with.  But right now they really have too much on their plate with June to be undertaking any big project. They are still kids, and it's not as easy to just write her off as some might say (although maybe somewhat easier for Pumpkin since she is older). Regular therapy would be helpful for Alana right now, since she needs all the strength she can muster. I'm impressed at how well adjusted she is considering the circumstances.

Regarding this family's eating habits, on last night's show there was a bowl of salad on the table as they began filling their plates, but the entire family appeared only to eat the spaghetti.  I was wishing at least one of them would have taken some of the salad.  

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Mothra said:

They briefly showed a photo of Alana when she was little and doing the pageants. She was adorable, and a normal size. 

She needs to exercise and eat healthy. None of which is going to happen with these people

I guess I didn’t realize I was watching a re-run.... Doo Doo without her teeth. Yet they seemed to know things which were going to happen.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

The producers have no duty of care to her.   They laid out a contract that I am sure has all the right clauses about it about the right to have an attorney review it (if someone then chooses not to, its on them), etc.    They did everything required under the contract.   There is no requirement that they prepare this child or ANY performer for a life after the show ends.  This is all on her parents who signed the damned contract and kept renewing.   They are the ones who instilled it in her head that this is the only way this family will have anything approaching a decent life.

If I recall, they DID have at least one episode regarding the family eating healthier.   What June wanted was a personal chef.   What they got was an education on better eating.   Which went over as well as any kind of trying to educate these folks did.   Look there are lots of things out there about how to eat healthy that doe not require a producer of a tv show to provide them to you.   the family is CHOOSING not to do it.   They could all say "this show is ruining our family we need to stop."  They are CHOOSING not to.   At some point, people are responsible for their own actions.   It's not someone else's responsibility.

I'm sure you're right with regard to the water-tight contract, but I think this is a special, maybe a unique case, where a smart and empathetic judge might see things differently.

This family, all of them, are stupid as dirt and uneducated as a hill of ants.  They hired a lawyer to read the contract before they signed it, sure, but the lawyer had a duty to explain it so that they understood what they were agreeing to.  I'm no lawyer, but I spent a childhood watching Perry Mason with my grandmother, and I doubt very much that any of the adults who signed on for this show could tell you what exactly they agreed to.

And Sharp Entertainment, in the eyes of, say, Ayn Rand, has no duty whatsoever to go beyond what is written and signed, and in a world where everyone behaved in a strictly logical way, I would agree with that.  But this child's exploitation has been exposed to the world, and I don't care what the contracts say, Sharp owes her a normal life.

But I'm not holding my breath because the world is not run by compassionate people.  You, I am sure, are a compassionate person and would see the right thing done, but unfortunately you and I have not been put in charge of the world.  Yet.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

They briefly showed a photo of Alana when she was little and doing the pageants. She was adorable, and a normal size. 

And now they have shown footage of Ella doing a "pageant" and she is of normal size.

The beat goes on.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Mothra said:

but I think this is a special, maybe a unique case, where a smart and empathetic judge might see things differently.

Judges no matter how they feel personally are supposed to abide by the law.  Unless they wish to be overturned on appeal, in this case they would be bound by the contract.  No entertainment company is going to be found liable to be responsible for the upbringing of one of the child performers.  All of the legal adults in her family seem to have failed Alana and most have joined the let's be on a reality show train.  Those same adults are the ones who would have to file suit on her behalf against that same entertainment firm that is paying them.  

17 minutes ago, Mothra said:

But this child's exploitation has been exposed to the world, and I don't care what the contracts say, Sharp owes her a normal life.

I'm afraid no one owes Alana a normal life and the filming company probably least of all.  I can wish it were so all day, but she's been failed by many people to get to this point.

• Love 6
(edited)

A few years ago when the original Honey Boo Boo show was a big deal, June and Alana were making the rounds on talk shows and went on "The Doctors".  Dr. Travis Stork, especially, did everything in his power to help this family.

The show gave them an entire kitchen full of pots and pans and cooking utensils, etc., and provided a chef and nutritionist to go into their home and teach them all how to prepare healthy meals.  From start to finish.  They even had a few of these dishes available on the show for June and Alana to taste to see if they liked them, and they really did.  Stuff like healthy fried chicken and healthy pizza.

They gave Alana a really nice bicycle and went outside so she could try it out.  Poor Travis Stork, tried and tried to get her on it to ride and she wanted absolutely nothing to do with it.  He even had an adult bike to ride along with her, and helmets.  She wouldn't even try.

My point is, nothing is going to convince these people to change their eating habits.  A chef and nutritionist in your home to teach you how to eat healthy?  And everything you need to do it?  Nothing.  Man, I would snap up that offer in a second!  

Pumpkin had the perfect opportunity to start out fresh with a new husband and baby ... and adding Alana to the family ... but instead we see tater tot casserole and donuts with chocolate milk.  It's sad that this is baby Ella's normal way of eating. 

I don't know when I've seen someone who could benefit from talk therapy more than Alana.  She's shown that she's willing to open up, as evidenced by her talking with Dr. Ish.  And that was in front of a lot of people and on camera.  Imagine what she would say if it was a private conversation.  Right now, I think therapy is even more important than losing weight for this child.  I feel like she's aching for an opportunity to open up to a trusted adult but there just isn't anybody available to her.  She's smart, and I believe she would absorb so much positivity.  I wish I could make this happen for Alana.  Therapy could change save her life.

One last thing: a recent episode dealt with Sugar Bear's erectile dysfunction.  Even though his privates were blurred, I thought that was totally inappropriate.  Nobody needed to see that.  I'm sure a lot of kids watch this show to see Honey Boo Boo and that whole storyline is something most people wouldn't want to have to explain to a child.  It was just gross.

Also, I. CAN'T. STAND. JENNIFER!!!

Edited by slasherboy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Annifran said:

Regarding this family's eating habits, on last night's show there was a bowl of salad on the table as they began filling their plates, but the entire family appeared only to eat the spaghetti.  I was wishing at least one of them would have taken some of the salad.  

Yes, case in point. You can't force them to lose weight. 

• Love 2

June got Alana before the cameras, not concerned what kind of psychological damage it did to her daughter. People say that when you’re depressed or suffering from anxiety, you eat until you feel better.

BF788AF8-EE17-40DA-84CF-2E4DBC240ECA.jpeg

57D03BE3-7273-4861-9F8B-9903FA9BB01C.jpeg

BDC6E3AD-26F9-4660-9F3C-6B73D8E81A53.jpeg

• Love 2

Alana wants a lot of attention and always has. I don't doubt that she would have looked for ways to get it, show or no show. At least it was a way for her to channel it without getting into trouble. Surprisingly, it was her mother who couldn't handle it. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, slasherboy said:

A few years ago when the original Honey Boo Boo show was a big deal, June and Alana were making the rounds on talk shows and went on "The Doctors".  Dr. Travis Stork, especially, did everything in his power to help this family.

The show gave them an entire kitchen full of pots and pans and cooking utensils, etc., and provided a chef and nutritionist to go into their home and teach them all how to prepare healthy meals.  From start to finish.  They even had a few of these dishes available on the show for June and Alana to taste to see if they liked them, and they really did.  Stuff like healthy fried chicken and healthy pizza.

They gave Alana a really nice bicycle and went outside so she could try it out.  Poor Travis Stork, tried and tried to get her on it to ride and she wanted absolutely nothing to do with it.  He even had an adult bike to ride along with her, and helmets.  She wouldn't even try.

My point is, nothing is going to convince these people to change their eating habits.  A chef and nutritionist in your home to teach you how to eat healthy?  And everything you need to do it?  Nothing.  Man, I would snap up that offer in a second!  

Pumpkin had the perfect opportunity to start out fresh with a new husband and baby ... and adding Alana to the family ... but instead we see tater tot casserole and donuts with chocolate milk.  It's sad that this is baby Ella's normal way of eating. 

I don't know when I've seen someone who could benefit from talk therapy more than Alana.  She's shown that she's willing to open up, as evidenced by her talking with Dr. Ish.  And that was in front of a lot of people and on camera.  Imagine what she would say if it was a private conversation.  Right now, I think therapy is even more important than losing weight for this child.  I feel like she's aching for an opportunity to open up to a trusted adult but there just isn't anybody available to her.  She's smart, and I believe she would absorb so much positivity.  I wish I could make this happen for Alana.  Therapy could change save her life.

One last thing: a recent episode dealt with Sugar Bear's erectile dysfunction.  Even though his privates were blurred, I thought that was totally inappropriate.  Nobody needed to see that.  I'm sure a lot of kids watch this show to see Honey Boo Boo and that whole storyline is something most people wouldn't want to have to explain to a child.  It was just gross.

Also, I. CAN'T. STAND. JENNIFER!!!

source.gif

• Love 4

The shows on Friday drew a surprising viewership for being mainly rehash:

Mama June First Look 10:00 PM 764 K viewers and a .19 rating.  15th cable show of the day.

Mama June Not to Hot 10:12 PM 652 K viewers and a .16 rating.  27th cable show of the day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 5/21/2020 at 5:40 PM, Carolina Girl said:

And no, you won't be getting your hands on Alana's money.  Coogan Law will render that impossible, as I imagine June has already learned.  

Only 4 states use Coogan accounts and Georgia isn't one of them.  Supposedly June opened some type of trust or savings accounts for the girls back when they were doing their original family show and I believe Pumpkin was able to get control of Alana's money soon after she was granted custody of Alana. Jennifer is SOL and I think she knows it. 

IMO, a majority, if not all, of the controversy on the show can be traced directly to Gina, June's manager and now the manager of the whole family, including Jennifer and Sugar Bear.  I can't stand her.

I think Jennifer is to blame for exploiting every person in this family to the hilt.  I believe she's completely aware of how vulnerable they all are, how impressionable, weak, exploitable they are and has taken full advantage of it to benefit herself, not the family.  I think she concocts all of the storylines and then sells it to the family who doesn't understand how they'll ultimately look or the damage it'll do to their reputations or how long, if ever,  it'll take them to live down the damage the show did to them.  And then there's the m.o.n.e.y.  Easy money and lots of it.

I look at Alana and think of the various situations the show has put her in, or the jobs Gina has gotten for her and how awful she's looked doing them and the hurtful comments about her afterward s that she's seen.  Or the various horrible lifestyle choices that have been and still are being made for her and I want to scream.  Her face full of anticipation, waiting to see or hear approval from an audience or her family, for giving what she should know was a personally demeaning performance, but because of the F'd up reinforcement she's been given her whole life she thinks it is approval and adoration and it makes me ill. 

I don't see a rosy future for her.  June, Suger Bear, her sisters, really don't know better and despite having people in her life like teachers or Girl Scout troop leaders who do know better - they were too little and too late.  The influences and damage from reality tv and it's easy money and fame - or infamy, were greater than any influence a teacher or troop leader could ever have on them.  Their life long poverty, June's alleged long time drug use, lack of education, economic environment of the area, etc are just too much for a very impressionable adolescent/teen to overcome and then add in people (predators?) like Gina and a tv network who want to do nothing but exploit everything they can that will draw attention, and I think it will take a miracle for any one of this family to come out of this positively.  Gawd, just thinking about it makes me sick.

• Love 7

June allegedly put the girls money into accounts but I think she spent most of it. Now they are watching Alana's money but the money from the old shows is gone.

Sugar Bear doesn't actually want custody of Alana, he wouldn't know what to do with her. That is just another fake story line.

Pumpkin and Josh are nice to take Alana in, but for the long term I don't think their lifestyle is good for Alana. But sadly it beats living with her mother. 

5 hours ago, rayndon said:

June, Suger Bear, her sisters, really don't know better and despite having people in her life like teachers or Girl Scout troop leaders who do know better - they were too little and too late.  The influences and damage from reality tv and it's easy money and fame - or infamy, were greater than any influence a teacher or troop leader could ever have on them.  Their life long poverty, June's alleged long time drug use, lack of education, economic environment of the area, etc are just too much for a very impressionable adolescent/teen to overcome and then add in people (predators?) like Gina and a tv network who want to do nothing but exploit everything they can that will draw attention, and I think it will take a miracle for any one of this family to come out of this positively. 

Well said. The way they are already feeding Ella junk and all the swearing around her, it is not looking good for Ella either. I think if they can make money from putting her on tv or pageants they will do it to her too.

• Love 4
On 5/24/2020 at 1:48 PM, Mothra said:

And Sharp Entertainment, in the eyes of, say, Ayn Rand, has no duty whatsoever to go beyond what is written and signed, and in a world where everyone behaved in a strictly logical way, I would agree with that.  But this child's exploitation has been exposed to the world, and I don't care what the contracts say, Sharp owes her a normal life.

But I'm not holding my breath because the world is not run by compassionate people.  You, I am sure, are a compassionate person and would see the right thing done, but unfortunately you and I have not been put in charge of the world.  Yet.

Good job with the Ayn Rand ref.  I'll throw in a little of the "Peter Principle" for good measure.  

You simply cannot save people from themselves.  Is it immoral to exploit the intellectually "less thans" for profit? Yes, of course.  Are We also guilty for patronizing that market? Yes. We Are.

We watch and yak about these people because it makes us feel better about ourselves.  

Should it not be this way?  Yep.  It would terrific if everyone was more compassionate and less judgey.  Not gonna happen though...

I've worked with "trailer trash" for decades.  It's so very and deeply ingrained, that it's a badge of honor.  Any attempt to help someone is viewed as "trying to make me hoity toity".  I once asked a receptionist to please not chew gum answering my business phone...she said   - "you are trying to change me into a 'phony' snot like you".

I get being broke.  I understand that dentists are expensive, fast food is cheaper than vegetables, etc.  But, please don't come crying to me when you can't pay your power bill, but your ink is fresh and new.  

June, etc have been given a gift that strikes once in a lifetime, but they have chosen to double down and act like morons, because ignorance pays.

There's plenty of blame to go around.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Should it not be this way?  Yep.  It would terrific if everyone was more compassionate and less judgey.  Not gonna happen though...

I've worked with "trailer trash" for decades.  It's so very and deeply ingrained, that it's a badge of honor.  Any attempt to help someone is viewed as "trying to make me hoity toity".  I once asked a receptionist to please not chew gum answering my business phone...she said   - "you are trying to change me into a 'phony' snot like you".

I get being broke.  I understand that dentists are expensive, fast food is cheaper than vegetables, etc.  But, please don't come crying to me when you can't pay your power bill, but your ink is fresh and new.  

June, etc have been given a gift that strikes once in a lifetime, but they have chosen to double down and act like morons, because ignorance pays.

There's plenty of blame to go around.

Who has benefited?  June and her clan (her ilk, if you will) may believe the good things that came to them as a result of their exploitation outweigh the damage (which I suspect they still do not recognize) this fame has caused them, especially Alana.  I want to know if, when the legal documents were drawn up and signed, Alana had her own representation, what the British call "a responsible adult" to protect her interests, a person who will not benefit from Alana's participation on this show.  This person ought to have a weightier "say" than any of Alana's relatives.  I still maintain that even if the attorneys made a good-faith effort to explain to Alana's family what the contracts (and the show) would entail, none of them understood fully what the ramifications could be especially involving Alana.

The show was originally to be about the transformation of Mama June, not about the destruction of Alana's childhood.  I wonder if contractual changes were made to account for the shift in focus from June to her children, particularly Alana.  Punkin is an adult, chronologically anyway, but Alana (and now Ella) can't be expected to understand what is being done to them, ostensibly "for" them.

Yes, we are complicit because we watch this show.  I am complicit, and I feel guilty.

• Love 4

I don’t remember who asked when this season was filmed... Sept is a good guess. Alana just started school, and you see the leaves are beginning to change to their fall colors.

I want to strangle Jennifer. And I wonder how her “I’m better than June” photos are cover or a small blurb leading readers.

• Love 3
On 5/29/2020 at 9:20 AM, Mothra said:

I wonder if contractual changes were made to account for the shift in focus from June to her children,

Well, based on Pumpkin (19 yr old stay at home mom) and Josh (the 20-something RV sewage tank cleaner) suddenly being able to afford a new, 4 bedroom/2 bath house with a 'huge' back yard, I'm going to guess the kids are seeing some benefits. 

June's house was massively improved by whoever bought it- I would never have recognized it from past seasons.

This 'we're fleeing from gangsters' story line is so stupid. Does anyone think the camera and production staff hanging around that hotel wouldn't have gotten any social media attention? And why do the family think moving 2 hours away will put the goons off the scent? 

Once again, we see them eating massive amounts of food that is all fried carbs with not a vegetable in sight. It made me a little sad to see Alana resting her arms on her giant gut roll.

Ella again is only one worth watching.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Well, based on Pumpkin (19 yr old stay at home mom) and Josh (the 20-something RV sewage tank cleaner) suddenly being able to afford a new, 4 bedroom/2 bath house with a 'huge' back yard, I'm going to guess the kids are seeing some benefits. 

June's house was massively improved by whoever bought it- I would never have recognized it from past seasons.

This 'we're fleeing from gangsters' story line is so stupid. Does anyone think the camera and production staff hanging around that hotel wouldn't have gotten any social media attention? And why do the family think moving 2 hours away will put the goons off the scent? 

Once again, we see them eating massive amounts of food that is all fried carbs with not a vegetable in sight. It made me a little sad to see Alana resting her arms on her giant gut roll.

Ella again is only one worth watching.

I wish I could like your post x100.

It seems like they don't even try to make the story line believable--well, why should they start now?  And why do I continue to be fascinated by it?  It's been phony since day one, and the plot (such as it is--will June lose weight?  Will Jennifer do something awful?) moves so slowly and so predictably/outrageously unlikelyly (too many lys in that, but what's a girl to do) and I still record it every week and watch it like it was two hours of some handsome movie star telling me how much he loves me even if I never lose another pound.

Where are the academics?  Why are there not scholarly papers being written about our fascination with this family, this show?  If you read the comments on this site, you'll find smart, sensitive, funny people (mostly women, I think) writing analytical essays about a family living a stupid, made-up story-life and even seeming to care about what happens to (some of) them.  We are a doctoral thesis wrapped up in a bow.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)

Healthy eating is a learned skill.   I know a lot of very smart people who eat crap because they don’t know any better.  A friend of mine was in a similar position asJune was but instead of the surgery she lost a bunch of weight but it took her years to do it.   And she failed as much as she succeeded.  Every pound she lost and kept off was considered a major victory.   When she tells people she lost weight people to this day don’t understand how difficult it actually was for her and how difficult it still is to keep it off.   Food is not treated as an addiction and it should be.   People say why don’t they just stop eating crap and they will lose weight and Alana will be happy?   But I think food is a condition of a deeper problem.   If this downward spiral of June’s has proven anything is that being thin doesn’t fix anything.   And if it proves anything with Jennifer it’s that being thin doesn’t make you a nice person.   Alana has deeper problems then her weight but she is also still very young and she does actually have people around her that cares about her.   Alana may never be a healthy weight but she does have a fighting chance to actually be a healthy person which I personally  think is more important.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 12

The next episode in this shitshow saga:

The hunt for Mama comes to a head in a dramatic sit-down; the family is enraged when Jennifer and Sugar Bear file for custody of Alana.

Seems like Sugar Bear was pretty clear he does not want custody.  Jennifer will do anything for a story line, even make Alana's life worse. 

• Love 10

Jennifer is repulsive. It's clear that all she wants is attention, She doesn't give two shits about Alana. She's not even fun to hate. She's playing the reality show standard villain, but the trouble is, she's heinous. You can't even enjoy her cattiness, like in a regular show. You just want her GONE. even punching her smug face isn't satisfaction enough. 

Dear Gina, THIS is who you represent? THIS is what you make money off of? Nasty. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Wow, Geno lost an s-ton of weight. The crackhead plan, ladies and gents. I think it's gluten free.

I'm very curious to see Pumpkin and Josh;s new house. I don't expect to. 

Thirdly, June's arrests weren't scripted. Her drug use wasn't scripted. Geno being a criminal is documented. It follows that yes, they likely *are* associating with criminals and not-so-friendly and safe types. We all know that June sold her house because she is out of money and is rocking a few addictions. So I don't find it a stretch to believe that she went into debt to all the wrong people and her kids are at high risk of becoming collateral damage. 

I also don't buy into the position that this show has been very bad for anyone besides June. 

And, ha ha, Jennifug's Star cover photo is a **teeny** part of the cover, and promotes a *short* article where she is primarily asked about JUNE. Nice victory, sister, lolol. 

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 5

What company in their right mind would hire two known crackheads to deliver luggage? 

Would there be anything LEFT to deliver after the two of them rifled through someone else's property -- selling off anything they could to the nearest pawn shop?

Either she's lying (which is conceivable since this show is nothing but one big lie) or somewhere out there there's a company called "Well at Least You Got Your Panties and a Few Socks Back." 

(edited)

If I was Pumpkin I would want to just go off on her, June is a selfish bitch. Did June even ask about Alana? I think June likes Ella because babies can't see through you and question you.

June was swearing a lot and babbling, I cannot imagine her being capable of doing any kind of job.

Please don't tell me the urine test shows she is pregnant....

The only bright side was Jennifer being a "blip on the radar".

Does Jennifer think a taco salad is healthy? She would have been better off eating the ice cream.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 6
(edited)

Well, June looks a lot smaller than I thought she'd be. I think she is exercising again, given a photo I saw of her a few weeks back. 

I'm shocked she was able to get free of Geno for any time at all. I hope to God she isn't pregnant. It wouldn't even necessarily be Geno's if she was,

9 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

What company in their right mind would hire two known crackheads to deliver luggage? 

If she is indeed working for them, she and Geno must be getting drugtested on the regular.

And yeah, when I was watching, I thought it was pretty funny that stupid Jennifug thinks a taco salad is a healthy meal. 

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 4
On 5/30/2020 at 12:08 AM, cooksdelight said:

I don’t remember who asked when this season was filmed... Sept is a good guess. Alana just started school, and you see the leaves are beginning to change to their fall colors.

This is what confuses me. I was watching a review of the show on youtube (channel is called without a crystal ball) and it said Josh and Pumpkin were evicted from the apartment in Sept. 2019. They showed us the court paperwork and the dates. They had not paid rent. Alana would have attended very little school maybe just a few days before they moved out. This video also covered Pumpkin talking about working at Walmart. I saw a recent interview where pumpkin told access hollywood she was working at Walmart during the pandemic. I wonder what the real story is behind them living in the hotel and moving?

12 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I knew someone that worked at the lost luggage counter in the airport and it was so secure. There was background checks for employees .  I just can;t see Mama June and Gino  being hired? What airport would this be at? Atlanta? Plus June is blind and can't drive so why would they hire her. They would just hire Gino as a driver and delivery person. Why would they pay or want liability of 2 people? Gino has a record so I just can't see him being picked for this line of work. 

5 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

June was swearing a lot and babbling, I cannot imagine her being capable of doing any kind of job.

Please don't tell me the urine test shows she is pregnant....

When I first heard June in the car, I thought she was really off. I was surprised when Dr Ish said he thought she was okay and sober? Do we know when this was filmed? I would guess they bribed Mama June and Gino with enough money to keep him away and for her to come. 

Our family thought pregnancy at first as well, but I think they made it too obvious. I think Mama will maybe admit when  she is taking the test that she is on something so that will be the positive news that she is admitting the problem? Just a guess, I just do not think she is pregnant. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Josh and Pumpkin were evicted from the apartment in Sept. 2019. They showed us the court paperwork and the dates. They had not paid rent. Alana would have attended very little school maybe just a few days before they moved out. This video also covered Pumpkin talking about working at Walmart

At least one of those articles also claimed that Pumpkin is worth $1-5M, and Alana is worth $500K...

Another article that seems more reliable shows the place they were evicted from and it's a house (not an apartment), probably the one they claimed last week that they were buying. Josh and Pumpkin's House

I don't think June is pregnant, either; in the preview, Dr. Ish was saying something like 'there's good news and bad news' based on the medical testing (I think). The scene definitely implied she was found to be sober, which I assume would be good news. I doubt the doctor would describe pregnancy as 'bad news', even though most of us would. I think it's going to be diabetes or kidney/liver damage, something like that. 

• Love 4