Type keyword(s) to search

Mama June: From Not To Hot: Seasons 1-6

• Start Topic

Gina is a bottom feeder.  The girls are much better without toothless June in the picture. I would be happy not to see that scumbag who puts some douche ahead of her kids ever again. I probably would watch all the girls living together and navigating life - a pop in from time to time with "new teeth" DoeDoe, but she even annoys me. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Maybeitsme said:

What a blow we've been dealt! My normal Friday night fav isn't on tonight.  But still I don't think I would be able to stomach any more of June and her shenanigans.  Whatever will I do 

I cannot express how happy I am to see "what a blow we've been dealt!" moving into everyday conversation.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Oh the scriptedness of Sugar Bear and whats her face showing up in California.  
I get the feeling that we are going to see a lot of whats her face, Sugar Bear, 
other people, because June still isn't found?  Is she actually going to be on the show other than being chased through a parking lot?  
Like Dody's new teeth though yes they are too bright. Better than before for sure. 

• Love 6

Best thing: Big Mike's arm tattoos are apparently so obscene/offensive that they had to blur them out.

Strange thing; Why is some of the dialogue subtitled, but Sugar Bear's-whose speech is almost incomprehensible to me- isn't?

Gena the Manager is looking even weirder than she did last season. She appears to be morphing into a llama (except not as cute):

Llama face.jpg

Edited by sempervivum
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

Oh, Doe Doe. That is not what most people would call good cosmetic dentistry.  It's like he left the Crest White Strips on. Start drinking more tea to bring down the glare a little. But at least they are straight and intact looking now, if nothing else.

I can't imagine June ever homeschooling any of her kids. She's just too lazy, even before she became Geno's not so little crackhead. 

Jennifer looks a little less Ted Cruz, but the likeness is still there. And stop thirsting after custody. You know you don't actually want it. 

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 6

Another fantastic essay by Rich Juzwiak about this vile show.

Mama June: Family Crisis Puts the Perfect Accent on Its Own Destitution

There is probably some sort of documentary to be made about this family—its refusal to stay off television and what it really means to be coping with scandal, tragedy, and embarrassment in public. Their narrative is a real modern twist on a fall of a deeply American family. Mama June: From Not to Hot: Family Crisis is not that documentary. It’s not a documentary at all, but a quasi-true life depiction of potentially traumatic destitution and the dissolution of a family before its very own eyes. I can’t think of anything so needlessly craven in its contrivances for the sake of making television. Scenes from the season preview that ran after the premiere include Alana getting into modeling and Pumkin’s baby taking part in a beauty pageant. Who. Cares. There’s no concrete data, as far as I’m aware, that the presence of cameras is affecting the quality of life of the estranged Shannon-Thompson clan, but the correlation between them being on television and utter disrepair is so high that the moral thing to do would be refuse to chance it and keep these people off the air until they’re doing better. This show is disgusting in a new way, even for a family that made Pink Flamingos seem like Sesame Street.

Jennifer seems to suck BUT I wish she could get whatever orthopedic surgery she needs. She can barely walk and I'm sure she's  in a lot of pain.

HBB looked cute strutting in  her heels.

• Love 4

Is it bad how much I enjoyed the sheriff asking if Big Nazi needed another chair?  "You're a big fella. Can you get in that chair? I can get something else for you."  He was probably expecting Mike to get stuck in the chair.  They would have to call the fire department to bring the jaws of life to free his ass.  Otherwise he could keep it on and walk like Jennifer. 

DoeDoe called big Mike a rock; he's more of a boulder.

• LOL 8
14 hours ago, Emkat said:

HBB looked cute strutting in  her heels.

I liked when Sugar Bear took her surfing as it is good exercise and age appropriate for her. And yes I know it was probably scripted but at least it was something good for Alana.

As for the walking in heels thing...if she wasn't recognizable as HBB they would have laughed her out of the place. Yes we should all love ourselves but being a morbidly obese minor is not something that I would want to market or celebrate as a company because it is dangerous.

I saw Gina tried to get them to eat a healthier breakfast. The best thing she could do for Alana is help her with her weight and exercise, Pumpkin is not a good role model for that.

But as we know this show is not altruistic, it's just another way to keep the money coming in. I wouldn't doubt when HBB ages out that they will try to market Ella. I know Pumpkin has protested a little but if it means they can make money off it and Pumpkin doesn't have to work I can see her doing it. June didn't teach them the discipline to work for things, just like Jessica getting weight loss surgery when at her age she could achieve it with diet and exercise.

• Love 7

Except that fashion IS becoming more inclusive, and I can easily see black and Hispanic designers in particular using a heavier model. I mean, we aren't talking a Vogue cover shoot. It was a lowlevel fashion event. They were looking for charisma as well. Alana certainly has THAT. 

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Absolom said:

Ratings:  723 K viewers and a .21 rating.  46th cable show of the day.

That doesn't sound good, but maybe it is for WE TV? 

90 Day Fiance on TLC averages over 3 million viewers per episode but it's one of the top rated cable shows.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 2

I have no idea about WE's normal or average numbers.  This is the only show I watch there and I wish I hadn't started watching it.  I do think WE is about a "D" tier network so this is probably OK for them.

• Love 1

So.... Jennifer and Sugar Bear are sleeping in Gina's GARAGE??? Tres chic!  That's really desperation at it's finest!

Jennifer doing a PHOTOSHOOT at the beach with a "Baywatch"theme?  REAAALLY??? The woman can barely WALK...  She obviously has other problems besides being a dumbass, she needs to get to the Ortho guy ASAP!

I totally agree with the post above that this family will just keep whoring themselves out to keep the $$$ rolling in NO MATTER WHAT.

Sad.  The old reality train runs off the tracks at some point  and then what are they gonna do?

• Love 9

The continuity person must have dozed off in last nights episode. When Alana sashayed down the runway in that first yellow dress she was wearing black sandals and when she sashayed back up the runway she was wearing white sneakers.  The black sandals made another appearance later on with another outfit.  

• LOL 8

Jesus Big Mike is huge. He is like 4 feet wide.

I'm begging Jennifer to see an orthopedic surgeon and get a new hip or whatever.

This show is so scripted and ridiculous.  I am embarrassed to even be watching it but here we are.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Don't be embarassed!!  There's not much on !!  With you on the Orthopedic consult.  It may be her KNEES.  She's been  hauling a large amount of weight on them for a while.

Probably the reason Big Mike has the same problem getting around.

• Love 4

Jennifer looked pretty good (above the waist) in that red color, but I assume that 'front cover' pic is going to be 1) heavily cropped, and 2) and inset, postage stamp size at best. Watching her stump around is painful. (Speaking of disabled, Doe Doe's gait is the definition of 'waddle').

The alleged plus size models in the waiting room looked like random over weight Walmart shoppers. And what is with everyone being called 'Miss ____', ie, Miss Gena, Miss Jennifer? I notice this on other reality shows, like Dr. Pimple Popper', too.

The big fashion show looked like it was being held in an auto body shop, and the attendees looked like people responding to a general Twitter invite (or just scraped off the street corners and given $5 to come in and watch). Alana desperately needed shapewear in that yellow dress-thing; Lord, she's so lumpy for a 13 year old. However, at least she didn't fall down, which apparently is something that happens at these designers' shows all the time.

• Love 6

Bored out of my mind, I decided to check out the first episode of the new season. I got to the point of when Big Nazi Mike walked into Doe Doe's house wearing shorts. The producers had to blur ANOTHER Nazi tattoo -- this one on his right leg. 

Peaced out after that. June is a vile, disgusting pig enough -- I don't need to patronize shows that whitewash that fact and give paychecks to Nazis. No thanks. I'd rather stare at the wall.

Do you think Jennifug actually thinks she is a celebrity, or is she just playing up a character as told to by the producers? Sorry, Jen, June actually looked better.

I hope Alana got some confidence boosting out of doing that runway. She could use it and she is a good kid. 

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 4

I'm liking Alana much, much better as she matures.  There was a time when I wanted to just slap the ever-lovin' fire out of.  Now she's (mostly)  just fine.  It's a shame, though, that she and her family allow the world to make fun of, laugh at, and ridicule them as a way of life and a career.  She's been on TV since she was a toddler and has no conception of existing without being in the limelight, however cruel (but totally honest) that fame is.

I. Can. Not. Stand. Jennifer.  Those faces she makes.  Did I say I can't stand her?

Not crazy about Doe Doe (I call her Doo Doo) either.  She thinks she's hot shit, and she isn't.  Or Mike.  Or Sugar Bear.

So I guess I like Pumpkin & Josh (and Ella, of course) and Alana.

Embarrassed indeed.  Can't get enough of this show.

Also, re: Miss Jennifer, Miss Gina, etc.  That's how we do it in the South.  A sign of respect.

• Love 5
On 3/28/2020 at 10:03 AM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Big Nazi, er, Big Mike has a swastika on his arm.  I was surprised to see him in short sleeves.  It seemed like once people noticed the tattoos, he was only shown in long sleeves no matter the weather.

I call him Bigot Mike.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Alana was given the opportunity to model because of her ersatz fame, not because of her looks or skill.  She is a pretty girl, but she is too large for her height to be a plus sized model and does not have the type of shape that is popular for such models. Between the braid flicking and the arm swinging, she was too OTT.  We're supposed to notice the clothes.  

Jennifer is not a star and will not be a star.  There is nothing engaging about her.  

• Love 8

Ever since June's meltdown at the end of last season, I feel like I'm watching something I shouldn't be seeing.  Instead of watching scripted reality TV, i feel like I'm watching the true disintegration of a family.  It's sad that it's happening and even sadder that they continue to do it.  I'm sure they don't have much of a choice since none of these people seem to work.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

She is a pretty girl, but she is too large for her height to be a plus sized model and does not have the type of shape that is popular for such models

You are right. Even when they do use a plus sized model they don't use someone with an apple shaped figure like Alana's.

I am not saying Alana can't look cute sometimes and have a fun personality. But I have a daughter the same age and I would not want to put her in these situations that are embarrassing and unrealistic. There are other ways to boost a child's confidence, I don't buy for a minute that this is anything more than a money grab for all the adults on this show.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

You are right. Even when they do use a plus sized model they don't use someone with an apple shaped figure like Alana's.

I am not saying Alana can't look cute sometimes and have a fun personality. But I have a daughter the same age and I would not want to put her in these situations that are embarrassing and unrealistic. There are other ways to boost a child's confidence, I don't buy for a minute that this is anything more than a money grab for all the adults on this show.

That poor kid is going to be ruined for life if she doesn't get some stability in her life and at least one person who actually acts like a parent.  Sugar bear is a brainless decaying child.  Jennifer is only interested in showing up June and Punkin, while she tries, is barely an adult herself.  It's very sad.

• Love 12

I doubt Jennifer cares about Alana except when it gives her a chance to be on TV.  Sugar Bear cares but is not a competent parent.  I too feel sorry for Alana.  So far, Pumpkin seems to be her best "parent", which is a lot to ask of a young woman who had no good role models herself. 

• Love 12

Since they've pretty much covered all the off-season scandals in June World (which we all knew about already, via the tabloids), I'm hoping something actually happens on the show tonight. 

Oh, I just remembered that they still haven't done any coverage of 'June sells the house for less than it's worth'. So we'll probably see that pretty soon.

• Love 5

I'm just gonna have to watch murder and mayhem on another channel.  This show is the pits. I really hope they can survive in the world without reality TV, otherwise, it's gonna get REAL bad for ALL of them.

• Love 6

There should have been one of those 'Avert Your Eyes' warnings before the shot of Josh in bathing trunks. 

Emmett the handsome lawyer is here to guess how many years in prison June might get, IF she's ever arrested.

Alana's comedy routine was not bad. Wonder if the biker comedian guy died of natural causes?

• Love 7