Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Love Thy Mother

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Dayna has been on this show before. I don’t remember her being this crazy. 

Yeah, also as I mentioned before she’s been on Stassis podcast and always seemed sane. And that she likes her daughter. Her appearances in tonight’s episode were as I said explaining why Stassi is who she is but also that she doesn’t like her.

Also what was the “I just want her to loveeee meee!!!!” About? Also I know Kristen likes to butt in everybody’s business but this was the first time it bugged me, when she started harping on Stassi and her moms relationship. Back up with that, Kristen. That’s Daynas and Stassis relationship and has nothing to do you. It’s not a fight in the back ally of sur or anything like that. It’s probably more serious than that nonsense and clearly won’t be dug deep in this show for that reason, so back up! That bugged me. I really can’t stand when others who aren’t family members try to entangle themselves in a family fight. It enrages me.

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

It did. It's called the Alchemy Rose. I've also read good things about the Daddy Diablo cocktail with the buzz button (szechuan button or electric daisy).

https://tomtombar.la/menus/

Damn it.  It is full of things I love, but $16:(  Maybe if I'm already over there for some reason and have money burning a hole in my pocket.  They need a happy hour.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Also damn.. now we know why Stassi is like this. I’ve heard her mom on the podcast and she was much better and nicer than she’s being on the show right now.

Yeah, I don't know where that all came from.  I remember in season one, Stassi said "My mum and I are exactly alike.  We're both dramatic, sensitive princesses.", but she made me laugh, especially at that drinks/lunch Stassi had with her parents when she introduced them to Frank.  Dayna was telling Frank what Stassi was like in high school and how she didn't date and "She came home and ate bread.  From the inside out." and thought it was nice that she and Stassi's dad still had a friendly divorced-couple relationship.

4 hours ago, Michichick said:

Stassi’s mom, in addition to being nasty to her daughter. Is also gross and inappropriate with Beau. What kind of mom acts like that to her daughter’s boyfriend, or grabs his ass or talks about his package?

Kris effing Jenner.

2 hours ago, nexxie said:

Ever since Blake Lively named her daughter James, I’m hearing that name a lot - Leah Jenner is now Leah James, Kristen Cavallari’s clothing line is Uncommon James, and I think some other celebs named their girls James. So another Kristin with another clothing line that has James in the name.

Same with the model/actress Jaime King.  She used to go by James King. 

1 hour ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I've done it in real life though and it's totally not awesome.  Printers just don't bust up that well.  Throwing keyboards off a movie theater roof was way better.

THIS!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was THE scene which immediately popped into my head!!!  And the music that was playing as they were beating the shit out of it.  It's all PC-Loadletter's fault!!!!

1 hour ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I have no issue with her being transgender. I have issue with her being a bad person. She’s not nice and she makes everything into a big drama and totally about something else. I would have loved for a transgender person to be on the show. Billie Lee shouldn’t be the face of it. Why? Because she’s mean. And seems to have a bad heart.

That's just it.  It's not the fact that she's transgender, it's just that she's a shitty person.  There are already enough people who hate the transgender community, and you get someone so awful to represent them???  Not helping anyone.

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Mercedes' horrible mother, Vida, who abandoned her child because the man she cheated with didn't want Mercedes around;

AUGHHHHHH!!!!!!!  Effing Vida!!!!!!!!!!  GRRR!!!!  I want to jump into the screen and strangle her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Her dad is a total sweetheart though, thank god.  She should most certainly tell her mother to FO and just spend time with her wonderful dad.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, SarahPrtr said:

Yeah, I don't know where that all came from.  I remember in season one, Stassi said "My mum and I are exactly alike.  We're both dramatic, sensitive princesses.", but she made me laugh, especially at that drinks/lunch Stassi had with her parents when she introduced them to Frank.  Dayna was telling Frank what Stassi was like in high school and how she didn't date and "She came home and ate bread.  From the inside out." and thought it was nice that she and Stassi's dad still had a friendly divorced-couple relationship.

Kris effing Jenner.

Same with the model/actress Jaime King.  She used to go by James King. 

THIS!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was THE scene which immediately popped into my head!!!  And the music that was playing as they were beating the shit out of it.  It's all PC-Loadletter's fault!!!!

That's just it.  It's not the fact that she's transgender, it's just that she's a shitty person.  There are already enough people who hate the transgender community, and you get someone so awful to represent them???  Not helping anyone.

AUGHHHHHH!!!!!!!  Effing Vida!!!!!!!!!!  GRRR!!!!  I want to jump into the screen and strangle her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Her dad is a total sweetheart though, thank god.  She should most certainly tell her mother to FO and just spend time with her wonderful dad.

On billie lee. Yeah.. I don’t understand why it’s her. She is truly an awful person. I know they are all bad on this show but she seems like a special kind. And probably because as she told lisa in the previews she’s always going to play her transgender card. And she thijnks that’s okay. And look transgender people have a lot to pull their card for, far be it for me who isn’t transgender so I won’t speak for them, but don’t you think that’s not a great thing to say? And she seems to be pulling her transgender card not for quality so much as she just seems to be wanting to start trouble.

Also and to make her point and to prove mine, she’s transgender but she’s a bad person. Her first instinct is to go for Katie’s weight like james.  Which proves my point again. James May be going though some tough times re his family but I am alone that I didn’t feel anything for him during his scene with Lala. He’s supporting his terrible awful parents  and his brothers but he’s still a mean person. And he isn’t really changing his behavior. Until I see him acknowledge that he has a drinking problem and gets help, I just can’t get behind the sob story. At some point your choices are your choices and no one else’s.

And that’s what I’m saying. These people aren’t just their one or two attributes. Billie is transgender. She probably went though tough times but she’s not a nice person. She likes to stir up trouble by repeating what others have said to her to everyone else. She also likes to make everything a big scene. James is taking care of his entire family and he probably had a bad situation growing up, it doesn’t discredit his remarks about other women. 

And same with some of the other cast members. We can all find one or two things that cause you to stop and say “this is why so and so does this” but these are excuses made for why they do them and that should be acknowledge.

Also yeah I know james being fired is a story and Tuesday’s are still going on in real time but I found it a little gross that all the managers didn’t give a damn that certain people were hurt by his actions. Taking aside from Katie but wow, they didn’t care what he sad about brittany and didn’t even acknowledge her feelings. Not even Lisa. I thought lisa was rudely harsh to her in that meeting. I’m kind of glad Jax stood up for her and later said it was good she said what she said. Because it was. And it was pretty crappy that none of those in leadership even considered it. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, SarahPrtr said:

He's dead.

So I'm iffy on Stassi's podcast.  Sometimes I enjoy it, sometimes I don't.  And I'm often aggravated because she doesn't know simple things (for instance, she was an English major and doesn't know that ... is called an ellipsis).  The December 15th episode is kind of annoying because I'm not into her guest, but at about 30 minutes in they take a detour into mildly dragging Billie Lee and it is delightful. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Panda Bear said:

Because she's incredibly unoriginal. The Olsen twins have a clothing line called Elizabeth and James; Reese Witherspoon has a clothing line named Draper James; and Kristin Cavallari has a jewelry line called Uncommon James. If you're a basic bitch, James is the name you use for your brand, even if you hate the one James you actually know. Stassi should put that in her book! 

I kept thinking of James Perse t-shirts.   I think there is one more “James” clothing line out there as well, but yeah it’s pretty obvious she was aiming for some brand confusion to drive some sales.

I think Stassi realizes she found a good guy and is also fully aware that she could mess it up.  I have been very harsh on Stassi as she does some really stupid shit (Nazi chic?); however she does have some self awareness.  And no excuse, but how many marriages do her parents have between them?   That’s bound to mess with your head; especially if you’re conflicted about which one you take after more than the other. 

I hope that she and Beau work out and that she shifts away from this group.  I’ve enjoyed seeing their travel photos together and have taken note that “seeing the world”, just isn’t something any of the other cast mates seem interested in doing.  So good on Stassi and Beau.

Scheanna does not look healthy to me for some reason this season.  She used to be a really pretty girl, but something seems off.  And her taste in men is really bad.

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Love 12

Wow ! Between Stassi and James moms, I'm suprised they are both so.... "well" rounded. I was... sad (yes, sad) for Stassi. And I was also disappointed in Kristen. But I liked the discussion Lala had with James.
Lisa's attitude was so... not ok.... It was not condescending, but... quite... (why asking questions and having a meeting if you are not willing to listen to what they have to say ? To remeind them that, whatever, you're the boss ? That was a plain and bitchy move, under the desguise of a "meeting". I'm proud of you, Jax. You were on point with what you told Lisa and Brittany later.)

Weird episode.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

Yes business people would consider the bottom line, but part of the bottom line includes not being sued for allowing a hostile work environment. In all the prohibited harassment training I’ve had to attend (as a worker and as a supervisor) it’s made clear that if you feel harassed by comments or actions, then it’s on the supervisor to respond and do something about the harasser. It’s not whether James meant it or not or that he was drunk so not responsible or that he was irked by Kristen’s presence, it’s all in whether the targets of his comments feel harassed. And they’ve said they do, to their boss Lisa.

Now was she required to fire him? Not necessarily. But if I were a manager there I’d certainly be concerned about a lawsuit - and I’m not talking about Katie or Brittany who are part of the cast. The problem for management is if James goes too far with a staff person who is not on the show or with a customer, especially if he does so after they’ve had notice that there’s an issue with his behavior? That is very bad business because he’s a real risk.

All that aside I was grossed out by some of the responses from the crew at that staff meeting. Billie trying to blame Kristen for being there and provoking James so it wasn’t his fault - this despite the fact that it was others he went after. And Scheana’s suggestion that if Katie didn’t want to be around James she should just not work those nights? No words.

James has gone too far with non tv SUR employees. 

They ran season 4? yesterday and we were treated to James in trouble for being....James.

Kristen came in and twiggered poor widdle James.  Per usual he began to scream out insults.

Spencer, a very nice waiter, who has worked for Lisa forever, went to try to get him to calm down. 

How does James react?  Screams that Spencer is "beneath muthereffing James Kennedy" and a whole bunch of other insults.

Does the whole "I'm sorry.  I was drunk.  It was the alcohol" spiel.  Lather, Rinse, Repeat, end with Trigger as a Deep Conditioner.

The only reason James isn't a risk is because it's tv.

• Love 18
9 hours ago, Batwings said:

My tiny heart grew a size during the James & LaLa sit down.

Ugh, same. I can't help it. I hate James when he's being a douche, but in that sit-down, he just looked like a hurt child. I think there's a lot of pain inside of him, and he reacts when he feels hurt/rejected, by lashing out in the harshest way possible. It's not okay. But I feel for him. Wasn't he horribly bullied as a child? In addition to his family crap? I just want him to get some help. (And by "help", I mean something a little more intensive than the froyo guru who gives him a 3 word mantra to solve all his problems.)

9 hours ago, Panda Bear said:

Because she's incredibly unoriginal. The Olsen twins have a clothing line called Elizabeth and James; Reese Witherspoon has a clothing line named Draper James; and Kristin Cavallari has a jewelry line called Uncommon James. If you're a basic bitch, James is the name you use for your brand, even if you hate the one James you actually know. Stassi should put that in her book! 

Hahahaha! I never knew about any of those. I just don't get it. What is the allure of the name, "James"??? I now feel the need to yell, "Stop trying to make James happen! It's not going to happen!"

8 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

Yes business people would consider the bottom line, but part of the bottom line includes not being sued for allowing a hostile work environment. In all the prohibited harassment training I’ve had to attend (as a worker and as a supervisor) it’s made clear that if you feel harassed by comments or actions, then it’s on the supervisor to respond and do something about the harasser. It’s not whether James meant it or not or that he was drunk so not responsible or that he was irked by Kristen’s presence, it’s all in whether the targets of his comments feel harassed. And they’ve said they do, to their boss Lisa.

Now was she required to fire him? Not necessarily. But if I were a manager there I’d certainly be concerned about a lawsuit - and I’m not talking about Katie or Brittany who are part of the cast. The problem for management is if James goes too far with a staff person who is not on the show or with a customer, especially if he does so after they’ve had notice that there’s an issue with his behavior? That is very bad business because he’s a real risk.

All that aside I was grossed out by some of the responses from the crew at that staff meeting. Billie trying to blame Kristen for being there and provoking James so it wasn’t his fault - this despite the fact that it was others he went after. And Scheana’s suggestion that if Katie didn’t want to be around James she should just not work those nights? No words.

Oh, I definitely agree with you. And I'm on board with Lisa firing James. If anything, he promised to remain sober before - when he was fired one of the previous times. And he hasn't been able to keep that promise. So he absolutely should be let go. 

It's just that I understand why all the owners wanted to at least DISCUSS it. And it was the WAY Brittany said it. She just sounded like a whining child. "Why are you talking about BUSINESS instead of our FEELINGS???" It was just wasn't a mature or intelligent counter-point. At all. It made me laugh. 

I so agree about Billie. That bitch just wants to be relevant. Any way she can. It's absolutely shitty to blame James's behavior on anyone but James. 

7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yea, we've seen her when Stassi went home to visit a few times. I think she was on something. She was talking over everyone and weirdly petting Stassi at one point. Her behavior was just bizarre. 

• Love 9
15 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yeah I remember her being annoying and extra, but not outright cray. I think the outburst might be related to the Big M. I remember my mom having some interesting mood swings when she did. 

I’m not a Billie fan but I didn’t disagree with what she said in the staff meeting. Scheanna too. Sorry but If we’re going to rid Sur of the people who’ve said ugly and disparaging remarks to women, well then we’d cerainly have to fire Jax (again). And Katie herself. They both gleefully called Lala a whore in seasons past. And let’s not forget Jax fat-shaming his own fiancé. James is a hot mess and definitely needs to stop drinking, but he’s hardly the only one guilty of his offenses that got him fired. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

Scheanna does not look healthy to me for some reason this season.  She used to be a really pretty girl, but something seems off.  And her taste in men is really bad.

I noticed that too..  I think just been drinking a lot.  She's gained a bunch of weight back and there's a fight taking place across her face between the alcohol bloat and the fillers/botox.  I agree, she doesn't look healthy.  The desperation and overt sexy time stuff isn't doing her any favors either.  It never has, but now she's reduced herself to busboys and bar backs, or whatever that guy is she tried to hook up with Brittany (when she just wanted him for herself).  Someone protect Teddi Mellencamp's brother please!!

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I noticed that too..  I think just been drinking a lot.  She's gained a bunch of weight back and there's a fight taking place across her face between the alcohol bloat and the fillers/botox.  I agree, she doesn't look healthy.  The desperation and overt sexy time stuff isn't doing her any favors either.  It never has, but now she's reduced herself to busboys and bar backs, or whatever that guy is she tried to hook up with Brittany (when she just wanted him for herself).  Someone protect Teddi Mellencamp's brother please!!

I think it’s moreso too many fillers than weight gain or alcohol. Out of all of them, Scheanna drinks the least—and she’s still a dang twig. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

Ah, yes, the old 'blame the victim' tack.  I agree with your post about the hostile work environment.  If James is the source of more than one complaint and even, ultimately, a lawsuit, Lisa stands to lose her business - not just customers, but the whole restaurant - in the settlement.

• Love 8

Yes.  Kristen is banned at one point or another.  She was banned from Katie engagement party and she still showed up.

But.  TV.

I think she's the only SUR employee on tv that was fired.  And never brought back.  Or given another chance.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Damn it.  It is full of things I love, but $16:(  Maybe if I'm already over there for some reason and have money burning a hole in my pocket.  They need a happy hour.

That's pretty steep. At those prices, it'll be easy to get back home sober or it's going to make you a really expensive drunk by the end of the night, lol. To be fair, I've heard so many great things about the place. Reviews of their drink menu has been solidly above average and they seem to score high on their food and ambiance as well. Unlike the other two restaurants, the reviews seem less focused on stories of bumping into LVP, Ken or the VR cast. If I make it back to LA anytime soon and decided to visit any of her establishments, I think Tom Tom may be the one I go for. I'll just have to commit to one drink and hope it's the best damn cocktail I've ever had, haha.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Drogo said:

One of those shirts said Vagina Mafia. 

I don't think I get it.

I thought it said “Vegas Mafia”? But yikes, I went to the James Mae website* and you are right.

* Kadooz to Kristen—the site is not bad looking, AND it’s functional in time for the rollout on TV! With product in stock! That’s more than could be said for many Bravolebrity endeavors. And at least she didn’t go the wine/dietary supplement/cosmetics route that so many of them do, and do so poorly. 

ETA the shirts are made to order. Not a bad idea but I hope it doesn’t take 3 months to get a shirt.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 8

Kristen used to have a website called Vegiholic, a vegetarian recipes/lifestyle blog kind of thing. I think her pivot to T-shirts is a better move. I'm glad they're showing us more career stuff for her and Stassi. 

• Love 7

Dayna is a major wackadoo. She seems jealous of Stassi’s happiness. Menopause is terrible but is no excuse for publicly embarrassing everyone around you. Nor is it a pass to smack your daughter’s boyfriend on the ass. 

Beau and Stassi are adorable- would love a spinoff as they navigate cohabitation, matrimony, pregnancy .....🤗

Katie’s Mom was probably so bummed- she wanted a fun ladies night out and ended up babysitting Dayna. She didn’t do Dayna any favors by coddling her horrible behavior- friends don’t let friends humiliate themselves and their daughter on television. 

• Love 15
13 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Stassi's mother is awful. First of all, she's clearly on something. Second, I'd probably have self esteem issues myself if my mom told me not to be myself and mess my relationship up. That was so vile. And the fact that she thinks Stassi needs to be more like Kristen tells me allll I need to know.

Kirsten's t-shirt line is stupid. And why is it called "James" anything?

I heard Stassi's podcast right after this event,  everything was fine, Dayna was talking about how the moms bonded in the ladies' room.  I think it's a case of Stassi is an insane drama queen, she has a fit, everyone gets over it & then it's forgotten.  Wow.  She (and her mom) is a lot.

Beau made me tear up at the beginning "i'm not leaving, I'm in love with her."  *swoon*

seriously, I listen to her podcast or watch her instagram stories & I wanna be her BFF & hang out w/the fluffy dogs in the pretty blue apartment.  I watch her on the show & do not want to spend one second with her.  So confusing.

Kristen's line is called after her niece & nephew, Logan James & Savannah Mae.  So many things are called "James" now, like Kristin Cavallari's Uncommon James, the Olsen twins' Elizabeth & James.

(sorry I got super excited about sharing my  extremely fascinating opinion so I didn't read through to see that this question's been answered!!!)

and I LOVED tipsy LVP!  I was like, oh she's feeling it, and then she asked to be carried out.  LOL

Edited by teapot
  • Love 11

Brittany looked so pretty again without makeup. 

That staff meeting was crappy and unproductive.  James is fired so what was the purpose of rehashing what happened and instigating everyone? 

LOL at Stassi raging at LA's high rent.

Lisa did look cute when she was getting Tom Tom ready.

Beau seems like a doll.  Hopefully, Stassi's mom doesn't scare him away. What a fucking terror.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

That's pretty steep. At those prices, it'll be easy to get back home sober or it's going to make you a really expensive drunk by the end of the night, lol. To be fair, I've heard so many great things about the place. Reviews of their drink menu has been solidly above average and they seem to score high on their food and ambiance as well. Unlike the other two restaurants, the reviews seem less focused on stories of bumping into LVP, Ken or the VR cast. If I make it back to LA anytime soon and decided to visit any of her establishments, I think Tom Tom may be the one I go for. I'll just have to commit to one drink and hope it's the best damn cocktail I've ever had, haha.

Plus my Uber would be $10+ each way.  I only live 3 miles away and I swear it wasn't that much last time I Ubered.  Rates must have gone up in the last couple of months.  So the conundrum is if I uber so I can drink I can't afford to actually drink 😄  I guess I could do Bird or Lime, but riding a scooter up La Cienega sounds terrifying and I'd have to uber home anyway.  I have a friend that lives right there, but it for sure is not his scene.  

1 hour ago, ivygirl said:

I thought it said “Vegas Mafia”? But yikes, I went to the James Mae website* and you are right.

* Kadooz to Kristen—the site is not bad looking, AND it’s functional in time for the rollout on TV! With product in stock! That’s more than could be said for many Bravolebrity endeavors. And at least she didn’t go the wine/dietary supplement/cosmetics route that so many of them do, and do so poorly. 

ETA the shirts are made to order. Not a bad idea but I hope it doesn’t take 3 months to get a shirt.

The Witches of Weho have a wine coming out next month.

6 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I hope that she and Beau work out and that she shifts away from this group.  I’ve enjoyed seeing their travel photos together and have taken note that “seeing the world”, just isn’t something any of the other cast mates seem interested in doing.  So good on Stassi and Beau.

Didn't Kristin and Carter just go to Australia and Katie and Tom to Japan?  I've thought about this a little bit lately and I think for main cast Katie might be the smartest, followed by Stassi.  As I said upthread, I'm constantly surprised by Stassi's lack of knowledge on her podcast, but I think that's because she seems smart compared to Jax, FI, Brit, Lala, James, Scheena, etc.  Oh, I forgot about mensa member Arianna.  I guess she's the smartest.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

I think it’s moreso too many fillers than weight gain or alcohol. Out of all of them, Scheanna drinks the least—and she’s still a dang twig. 

Ah, I think you might be right about the alcohol consumption.  I do recall she was a dabbler in Adderall and Adderall + Alcohol is a BAD combination.  I've witnessed it in real life and it's absolutely not pretty.

4 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

I’m not a Billie fan but I didn’t disagree with what she said in the staff meeting. Scheanna too. Sorry but If we’re going to rid Sur of the people who’ve said ugly and disparaging remarks to women, well then we’d cerainly have to fire Jax (again). And Katie herself. They both gleefully called Lala a whore in seasons past. And let’s not forget Jax fat-shaming his own fiancé. James is a hot mess and definitely needs to stop drinking, but he’s hardly the only one guilty of his offenses that got him fired. 

I think the difference is in the "reporting" it as an issue to the boss. Yes all the others have said things that are horrendous and if it happened at the workplace (or sometimes even outside of the workplace depending on circumstances) then they had every right to file a complaint with Lisa as their boss. But while various of them have had bitch sessions with Lisa where they've told her about what so and so said, none of them did the thing that Katie's discussion with Lisa did which was to make it about the work situation. Or at least not explicitly. Katie brought James' behavior to her boss's attention and then told her that she could not work with James because he was creating a hostile work situation. Katie making it Lisa's issue requires Lisa to take some action.

Of course I know that most of this is actually for storyline purposes, James does bad things, everyone hates him, Lisa fires him, James makes sad faces at everyone and promises to do better, Lisa rehires James - and thus a reality show redemption arc is created. But for the actual Sur "business people" James' out of control behavior when he's drinking, while at work, is a major concern.

Edited by Pop Tart
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, Panda Bear said:

Kristen named it James Mae because her nephew's name is James and her niece's name is Mae.  I think it's cute.

What I DON'T think is cute is Stassi's Mom!!  If my mom's advice to me was to NOT be myself, I'd be curled in a ball whimpering.  What a horrible woman!  I've always liked Stassi, starting liking her a whole lot more lately, and it's amazing she turned out with the confidence she has considering her mom.  Her mom obviously has some substance abuse problem(s);  that kind of crazy doesn't come by naturally that often.  I remember Stassi and Frank meeting Stassi's parents for lunch years ago, and both her parents were drinking and drunk.  Seems I remember her dad having a flask of liquor on him.

And while I love Kristen, she was also awful to Stassi at dinner.  Stassi's mom told Kristen that she hopes and prays that one day Stassi will be half of the woman Kristen is???  What the bloody hell???

Scheana and her need to "have a man" is very disturbing.  She has some real issues. 

When James and Lala were talking, I think something got in my eyes.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I seriously thought Stassi’s mom was going to start kissing her neck and try to make out with Stassi at the restaurant.

That was so bizarre... it looked like she was sniffing her.  And Stassi looked sooo pained and uncomfortable.

• Love 8

I feel heartless but I didn’t feel anything when James and Lala were talking at lunch. I just didn’t. I don’t like james. And I still think it’s hard for me to feel empathy for someone who doesn’t make a change.

I know people are still iffy on Jax but I actually felt more for him during his moment with Brittany when he told her Amherst was proud of her for sitcking up for herself to Lisa and that he would always have her back.

On the James fashion names, yeah Kristen’s name has a cute meaning behind itt but that’s the same with Kristen’s cavellrjes reason( her daughters middle name is james) and I think she just came up with uncommon to put before it. I’m not sure about why Reese did her name or why the Olsens did theirs.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 6
49 minutes ago, iloveit said:

That staff meeting was crappy and unproductive.  James is fired so what was the purpose of rehashing what happened and instigating everyone? 

Yes, what was the point of that meeting?  I get that it's reality TV, but the reality part has to kick in with the TV part.  If I were Lisa, I would just have sent out an email to all staff members that there has been a change of personnel, as long as a new "workplace environment" standard which I'd attach to the email, and then I would ask everyone to print it out and sign it before they returned for their next shift.  Now, ok, this is TV, so, sure, have a meeting about it.  Cool.  But what was the focus of the meeting?  I saw so many competing things going on that my head was spinning.  Lisa, your first problem is that your management/co-owners are undermining you.  You made the decision to fire James for what he said to Katie because, as Lisa put it, that goes against everything she stands for (or something).  So why allow Peter and Nathalie (I'm assuming that was Nathalie; either way it was someone in a very high position, but lower than Lisa) to take the staff to task for the firing and lament to them about what kind of money James brought in for See You Next Tuesday?  That is not a staff member's problem--that's management's problem!  "Hey, we accidentally hired a guy who turned out to be a huge potential liability.  Lisa made the executive decision to fire him.  What should we do?  I know--let's turn it over to the wait and bartending staff and make it their responsibility!"--said no one ever.

Why should the wait staff be made to feel responsible if the restaurant lost a big money-maker over Lisa's decision?  What are they supposed to do, go out and sell SUR cookies in their time off in order to make up the difference?  Crowd fund?  Lame shit.

I am just going to say it--I don't find Beau appealing.  I think Stassi could do a lot better.  Just because he's not Patrick doesn't mean he's anything to write home about.  He gives off such an unsavory energy to me.  Why can't a man bother to shave his face and cut his hair?  Mike Shay was supposedly in the throes of addiction, and he came off more clean cut than this guy.  It seems almost disrespectful, like a woman who can't be bothered to brush her hair.  I think he's too gimmicky and he thinks he may be the most unique thing since sliced bread (maybe that metaphor didn't work).  But I don't like his shtick, between the Christmas tights last episode to the sweatshirt with roses (?) printed on it this episode?  Ugh.  

I think Tom Sandoval is officially my least favorite regular on this show under the age of 40.  He has officially eclipsed James for me with his bitchy bitterness.  James knows not what he does in some cases.  Tom is in control of all of his faculties and he still comes off as such an asshole who wants to control the whole world, whereas he can't control his own relationship.

Lisa is clearly going to let James slither back in by saying the Daily Mail requested him.  She has done this before.  If James truly goes against everything with which she associates--a paraphrase from earlier in the epi--she can tell the Daily Mail it's either him or me.  If James had curb-stomped a puppy from Yulin on YouTube, I guarantee she would never work with him again, no ifs, ands or buts.  So don't act like you're in some conundrum Lisa; you're not.  The fact that she sat at a table with Ken while the Toms brought her drinks, and they literally had to kneel for what appeared to be a drawn-out business discussion reinforces what I already thought about her.  

Stassi's mom is obviously crazy.  I like the women on this show far better than I like the men.  When your favorite man is now Jax (cause Carter really isn't a character, is he?) you know you're in a bad place.  I think that storyline of James telling Katie off fell into her lap like manna from heaven.  Otherwise, what was her SL going to be?  I don't think she's fat, but she is zaftig.  She clearly gained weight, and I don't have a problem with that; I think she's gorgeous, but she gained like 40 lbs since the earlier seasons.  In the restaurant industry, somebody is going to say something at some point, and it's probably good that it was said by an asshole such as James, so that it can be written off as a snarky comment.  I think it would have been more interesting to explore what would happen if someone actually gained a significant amount of weight and they were wearing a uniform designed to fit people that were a size two (according to Stassi, season one).  I think that would put Lisa in a tighter spot than the one she found herself in firing James, and it would have been very interesting to see Lisa navigate competing interests on her own (though I think Stassi was exaggerating or the uniforms have changed, because Brittany clearly wasn't a size two last season and she worked there).  

Scheana is so appalling and so good for TV at the same time.  I can't look away, although that make-out scene made me come very close to setting my TV on fire.  Why doesn't she hook up with James?  They are both desperate fame-graspers who can use each other.  

I like Lala (I know, I know), but I think she was a little unfair with James.  She is acting why he can't grow up and get his act together.  I wonder how grown and classy she would be if Rand wasn't flying her across the country to attend movie premieres.  I get the feeling that Rand runs her life, and there was a point in time when he told her that she was representing him poorly and she shaped up.  James doesn't have that same impetus to change, so maybe don't compare.

There is a trans card that may or may not be played?  Sounds...transgressive.

• Love 7

Lala's approach in her conversation with James was very smart. She called him on his shit but softened it a bit by saying I do that stupid shit, too, sometimes and we've got to work on it. She was very straightforward and not all emotional, which was good.

The Toms' cocktails looked very good but after perusing the menu, too much ginger for me. I do know from experience, however, that gin and hibiscus are good together.

• Love 3

Why can't a man bother to shave his face and cut his hair?  Mike Shay was supposedly in the throes of addiction, and he came off more clean cut than this guy.  It seems almost disrespectful, like a woman who can't be bothered to brush her hair.  

But some people don't aspire to be clean-cut; it's not the default. I don't know--that Beau looks fine to me. And I thoroughly respect my (bearded) BF even though I often forgo brushing my hair, haha (it doesn't respond well to bristles)!

Edited by TattleTeeny
(I mean "fine" as in "acceptable," not like "Oooooh, he is FINE!"
  • Love 18
24 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Lisa is clearly going to let James slither back in by saying the Daily Mail requested him.  She has done this before.  If James truly goes against everything with which she associates--a paraphrase from earlier in the epi--she can tell the Daily Mail it's either him or me.  If James had curb-stomped a puppy from Yulin on YouTube, I guarantee she would never work with him again, no ifs, ands or buts.  So don't act like you're in some conundrum Lisa; you're not.  The fact that she sat at a table with Ken while the Toms brought her drinks, and they literally had to kneel for what appeared to be a drawn-out business discussion reinforces what I already thought about her.  

Stassi's mom is obviously crazy.  I like the women on this show far better than I like the men.  When your favorite man is now Jax (cause Carter really isn't a character, is he?) you know you're in a bad place.  I think that storyline of James telling Katie off fell into her lap like manna from heaven.  Otherwise, what was her SL going to be?  I don't think she's fat, but she is zaftig.  She clearly gained weight, and I don't have a problem with that; I think she's gorgeous, but she gained like 40 lbs since the earlier seasons.  In the restaurant industry, somebody is going to say something at some point, and it's probably good that it was said by an asshole such as James, so that it can be written off as a snarky comment.  I think it would have been more interesting to explore what would happen if someone actually gained a significant amount of weight and they were wearing a uniform designed to fit people that were a size two (according to Stassi, season one).  I think that would put Lisa in a tighter spot than the one she found herself in firing James, and it would have been very interesting to see Lisa navigate competing interests on her own (though I think Stassi was exaggerating or the uniforms have changed, because Brittany clearly wasn't a size two last season and she worked there).  

Scheana is so appalling and so good for TV at the same time.  I can't look away, although that make-out scene made me come very close to setting my TV on fire.  Why doesn't she hook up with James?  They are both desperate fame-graspers who can use each other.  

I like Lala (I know, I know), but I think she was a little unfair with James.  She is acting why he can't grow up and get his act together.  I wonder how grown and classy she would be if Rand wasn't flying her across the country to attend movie premieres.  I get the feeling that Rand runs her life, and there was a point in time when he told her that she was representing him poorly and she shaped up.  James doesn't have that same impetus to change, so maybe don't compare.

There is a trans card that may or may not be played?  Sounds...transgressive.

Stassi's mother was fucking horrible. I hope she's feeling very ashamed.

Good point about how Katie might not have a storyline if not for James. I don't care for her, and when she doesn't like someone, she doesn't hesitate to go low. so I don't understand why she would expect James of all people to go high when she and Kristen started the fight. When someone goes low, James goes even lower. No fan of Billy. either, but she was right to point out that Kristen goes out of her way to trigger him. 

So, does Katie think bitches on the bar are going to be as big a draw as See You Next Tuesday?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Drogo said:

Not to defend Billie Lee's point, but.. isn't Kristen supposed to be banned from LVP's restaurants anyway?

My memory is shit; so I promise I'm not being argumentative, only asking - was she actually IN the restaurant? I remember out in the alley during Pride. But I can't recall if she was actually inside. 

2 hours ago, teapot said:

Beau made me tear up at the beginning "i'm not leaving, I'm in love with her."  *swoon*

That got me right in the feels too. He said it SO genuinely. I follow them on IG and they are really cute together. 

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

On the James fashion names, yeah Kristen’s name has a cute meaning behind itt but that’s the same with Kristen’s cavellrjes reason( her daughters middle name is james) and I think she just came up with uncommon to put before it. I’m not sure about why Reese did her name or why the Olsens did theirs.

the more I know about this stuff the more I question my lifestyle choices....

Kristin Cavallari says that her daughter's middle name, James, is uncommon for a girl...hence Uncommon James.

The Olsens have siblings named Elizabeth & James.

I'm not sure about Reese, cuz I was too ...ahem...busy living my fabulous life (yeah, that's the ticket!!!)

44 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I am just going to say it--I don't find Beau appealing.  I think Stassi could do a lot better.  Just because he's not Patrick doesn't mean he's anything to write home about.  He gives off such an unsavory energy to me.  Why can't a man bother to shave his face and cut his hair?  Mike Shay was supposedly in the throes of addiction, and he came off more clean cut than this guy.  It seems almost disrespectful, like a woman who can't be bothered to brush her hair.  I think he's too gimmicky and he thinks he may be the most unique thing since sliced bread (maybe that metaphor didn't work).  But I don't like his shtick, between the Christmas tights last episode to the sweatshirt with roses (?) printed on it this episode?  Ugh.  

the sweatshirt cracked me up b/c Stassi was wearing it in the morning scene.

Boy-child was a Lacrosse player in HS (he says that's what originated the "flow") and he had very messy hair & a very scruffy face.  His college GF was bummed out when he cleaned up his act for an internship.

I liked the beard b/c I'd never had a boyfriend who had one, and boy-child kissed me  on the cheek  & I had a sense-memory of my dad kissing me goodnight in the 70s (that had nothing to do w/VPR, but it's what I think of when I remember my son's beard.)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I think Stassi could do a lot better.

Stassi is A LOT, with or without her mom.  Unless things are going just the way she wants, she tends to be mean, sharp-tongued, incredibly needy, hysterical and vindictive.  She also continues to drink (and use Adderall) despite it bringing out the worst in her.

Does being pretty, bright and sometimes fun make up for all of that?  It wouldn't for me.  I don't know how or why someone like Beau opts-in to a relationship with someone who is as volatile as Stassi.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Don't forget about his TH with the bow tie and wrinkled jacket. I agree with you about Beau and he doesn't come off as being very intelligent on Stassi's podcasts and they are always talking about how much they drink.   He's 38 and seems like he's still in the party boy stage. They are only a year in to the relationship and he is still doing what ever she wants when ever she wants.  I will say he is respectful of her which is something new judging from her past relationships.  I feel sorry for Stassi that she thinks she has to watch herself so that she doesn't screw up the relationship and everybody including her own mother tells her that. As if this guy is the second coming of Christ. Please. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Don't forget about his TH with the bow tie and wrinkled jacket.

I shit you not, I think that bowtie was wooden. 

*I believe that's what the kids today refer to as "extra."

• Love 10
3 hours ago, iloveit said:Beau seems like a doll.  Hopefully, Stassi's mom doesn't scare him away. What a fucking terror.

Good ol’ Beau needs to get a clue - he can see that Stassi already behaves like her mother. imo he should only stay with Stassi if she gets some serious therapy and draws clear boundaries for her mother - if not, he’ll feel trapped by the crazy in no time, especially if they have children.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Don't forget about his TH with the bow tie and wrinkled jacket. I agree with you about Beau and he doesn't come off as being very intelligent on Stassi's podcasts and they are always talking about how much they drink.   He's 38 and seems like he's still in the party boy stage. They are only a year in to the relationship and he is still doing what ever she wants when ever she wants.  I will say he is respectful of her which is something new judging from her past relationships.  I feel sorry for Stassi that she thinks she has to watch herself so that she doesn't screw up the relationship and everybody including her own mother tells her that. As if this guy is the second coming of Christ. Please. 

I actually think their relationship is pretty even-sided. One of the girls remarked last night that Beau flat out told Stassi he would not be her punching bag. 

I follow them both on IG, and she does a lot of stuff for him. He's SUPER into the Rams and she's sporting Rams gear and went to their big playoff game with him the other day. He sasses her and teases her all the time. I don't think he's just doing whatever SHE wants. Their seems be mutual adoration and support there. I hope the best for them. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

I shit you not, I think that bowtie was wooden. 

*I believe that's what the kids today refer to as "extra."

Somebody else on some other show fairly recently had a wooden bow tie (and he made a big deal of it too) and I just cannot recall who it was!

• Love 1