Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E02: Week 2

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

On 1/15/2019 at 9:53 PM, kalibean said:

That’s gonna be stuck in my head all night 😂😂 Is she gonna pick her up in the rain? 

Agreed on the Heidi Fliess comparisons as well. It’s interesting to me how many of these candidates look so much older than their actual age. 

As long as she doesn’t get runned over by a damn old train. 

Im not age shaming, I’m an old hag myself.  But I’m turning 45 and look younger than Tracy.  Poor kid.  I don’t hate her or anything.  Watching Fancy run a game on her is hard to see.  That child is evil. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Im not age shaming, I’m an old hag myself.  But I’m turning 45 and look younger than Tracy.  Poor kid.  I don’t hate her or anything.  Watching Fancy run a game on her is hard to see.  That child is evil. 

Mu Shu, I am 52 and even I look younger than Tracy! I am also wondering if I’ve aged out of this show, that young girl with Prison mom is really awful, I can’t imagine how someone could be so mean and ugly at 23 years old? It’s sad, really. 

I also don’t believe that girl has never been kissed. I was a dorky fat girl and even I got kissed before I turned 18. Wouldn’t it be funny if she’s actually STILL a technical virgin, but has done other things *cough* butt stuff *cough*. Isn’t that what the kids are doing nowadays?? I wouldn’t know, as stated above, girlfriend is old AF (and childless...with dog...wishfully lots of dogs)! 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Tracy looks and sounds too much like Scheana from Vanderpump Rules, so I’ll probably never be able to root for her. Even if she dials back the crazy. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, JD5166 said:

I can’t imagine how someone could be so mean and ugly at 23 years old? It’s sad, really. 

As they say beauty is only skin deep but ugly goes all the way to the bone. She's made a lot of decisions/moves to get to be this nasty at such an early age, it really is sad.

Of course when you're 23 you think you're invincible still while people in, say, their 40s tell you otherwise. Sometimes people don't get that until they turn 40 and more and realize kids of 23 are just babies yet!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Stan39 said:

You can already tell which girls Colton likes and which he just tolerates being there because of the show.

And which ones he's ORDERED to keep for __________ weeks.   I'm talkin' 'bout you, Catherine, DJ.BachelorCatherineDJ.thumb.jpg.a90084c1c0f702ad9bc5070849415420.jpg

• Love 5
4 hours ago, JD5166 said:

I also don’t believe that girl has never been kissed.

The thing that gets me about this is what an incredibly low bar as far as physicality goes that it represents. I expect her to say "Ooh neato! I've never held a boy's hand before!!!" as she giggles and turns her head away and blushes in the next episode. It's just unbelievable, literally.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

The thing that gets me about this is what an incredibly low bar as far as physicality goes that it represents. I expect her to say "Ooh neato! I've never held a boy's hand before!!!" as she giggles and turns her head away and blushes in the next episode. It's just unbelievable, literally.

I want them to keep upping the bar on this. Next season, we get a young lady who has never looked a guy in the eyes... only to have her story stepped on by the woman who has never spoken to a male and faints when the Bachelor says hi when she gets out of the limo.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, nutty1 said:

I am in the minority thinking "never been kissed" is not that pretty. She has a weird mouth and a sort of flat face.  At times, she looks pretty, other times, not so much.

I don't think she is either.  There's just too much gum showing when she smiles.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, phlebas said:

only to have her story stepped on by the woman who has never spoken to a male and faints when the Bachelor says hi when she gets out of the limo.

In her full-on 1950s Sisters of Charity habit.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, JD5166 said:

I can’t imagine how someone could be so mean and ugly at 23 years old? It’s sad, really. 

If she challenges him about WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, when he's allowed to cut her loose, I hope he says, "You're just too young.  You act like a rude and immature 15-year-old."

• Love 2
21 hours ago, JD5166 said:

Mu Shu, I am 52 and even I look younger than Tracy! I am also wondering if I’ve aged out of this show, that young girl with Prison mom is really awful, I can’t imagine how someone could be so mean and ugly at 23 years old? It’s sad, really. 

I also don’t believe that girl has never been kissed. I was a dorky fat girl and even I got kissed before I turned 18. Wouldn’t it be funny if she’s actually STILL a technical virgin, but has done other things *cough* butt stuff *cough*. Isn’t that what the kids are doing nowadays?? I wouldn’t know, as stated above, girlfriend is old AF (and childless...with dog...wishfully lots of dogs)! 

I kind of agree with you but I have a very beautiful actress daughter who is turning twenty today and she has only been kissed once and it was on stage...so it wasn’t real. Even with her good looks and talent, cute personality, the boys (or girls) didn’t go after her and she was so into theatre that she wasn’t interested in them. She jokes about it but she literally doesn’t care. Relationships just aren’t on her mind right now. Maybe this girl had something that took up a lot of her time or had strict parents.

The only thing that makes me question if she’s telling the truth is that she didn’t even seem nervous when she talked about  Colton kissing her. My daughter would probably be so nervous if she went on a date at this point, that I’m afraid she may not ever go. It’s like the longer you wait, the more you’d freak out about your first kiss. You wouldn’t be itching to kiss some guy who’s kissing everyone else in sight. It makes no sense that this girl is suddenly so nonchalant about it. Especially with all the cameras around. I guess we’ll see if she looks like an expert when Colton finally does kiss her. IF he does. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, deSchenke said:

I don't think she is either.  There's just too much gum showing when she smiles.

I'm a bit of a sucker for both big smiles and dimples, so I'm good with her. But when I look at her lip shape, I keep thinking she's a natural-born flautist.

• Love 1
On 1/14/2019 at 7:27 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Omg.  Now the redhead (Elise).  I'm in my 30s, so I don't care what age they are, the older the better!  But my HDTV shows all the plastic and the Botox and it's really hard to see!  She looks like Lauren Holly but with the Silence of the Lambs mask on.

Also, she is NOT 31. No way, no how.

• Love 2
On 1/14/2019 at 9:31 PM, Wandering Snark said:

What's up with that? I mean that brunette (Alex... who at least didn't have to change her name in the transition so that's nice) with the way open back dress that got cut? To quote Austin Powers "Doesn't she look, kind of... mannish?" 

Was she also one of the girls who helpfully removed a stray eyelash from Colton's cheek? If so, I SWEAR I had a Seinfeld "man hands" flashback with that scene -- I think the producers were actually purposely going for that tbh. They zoomed in on just her hand near his face and she was speaking in a very LOW (seemed almost audibly manipulated) "mannish" voice . . . 

Edited by ChiMama
  • Love 4
On 1/14/2019 at 10:05 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I really wish Tracy would have been sent home. She doesn’t seem to have the emotional stamina for this if she’s bawling in the second episode.  I’m not sure what’s going on with her skull.  It was like she was malnourished growing up.

And ALL the drama about touching the rose, disrespecting the rose and "what it stands for," and GASP playing around with the ROSE! Plus trying to stir up the other girls to care about it (so f'in what?!) and then "confronting" Demi about all of the above? It was weird. Very weird.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ChiMama said:

And ALL the drama about touching the rose, disrespecting the rose and "what it stands for," and GASP playing around with the ROSE!

After that "confrontation" I would have played a little "He loves me, he loves me not" with the rose just to watch her head explode. I'm sure they have other roses at the ready.

• Love 6
On 1/14/2019 at 7:31 PM, Wandering Snark said:

Wow, I need a lineup sheet desperately... (eta: Ooh here's one. Now I know it's Courtney who is the girl who needs a new part in her hair to draw away from her fivehead not accentuate it.) so little to differentiate so many of these women! And they again snuck in women (I feel more like saying 'girls' actually!) we'd not seen before at the rose ceremony. What's up with that? I

mean that brunette (Alex... who at least didn't have to change her name in the transition so that's nice) with the way open back dress that got cut? To quote Austin Powers "Doesn't she look, kind of... mannish?" 

This comment is... disappointing.  (and some of you even chimed in! This is sad, really.)

I think we can all collectively take back anything nice we said about Demi before tonight... she's VERY calculated, see robe over a dress just to fuck with the rest of the girls' minds. She knows exactly what she's doing and doesn't care. So that just makes her kind of pathetic, not exactly mean, maybe just cold? I think she thinks she is doing what she can to "win" but that's what is making me roll my eyes at her silly little games. Very young in action and thought.

And they can replace half this 'dating pool' with men suggested by tonight's gay guest! We'd see who was fabulous then! Oh and the Bach would need to be left handed with green eyes as we've learned previously to make him really rare!

And f that girl with the air horn (Onyeka)... and she thinks that calling other women bitches is the height of edgy comedy. Yeah, how about you sit down.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, skinnedknees said:

This comment is... disappointing.  (and some of you even chimed in! This is sad, really.)

There are very easy ways to quote people here so that we can tell what you added/what was quoted. For example highlight somne text and a 'quote this' 'button' shows up, click that and it quotes just that portion so you aren't quoting large amounts of text to say one line.

And it's not worth it for me to comment any further I guess.

Edited by Wandering Snark
Not worth it
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, skinnedknees said:

We comment, snarkily, on the contestants' appearance and personalities. As have you. 

• Love 5
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:37 PM, Arkay said:

We comment, snarkily, on the contestants' appearance and personalities

Yes, and I feel free to do it because I don't think these women would have entered themselves in this contest if they didn't already have an overly high opinion of themselves.  Back in my day, super long hair was almost a must have to be considered hot, so we used to say about the boring or bitchy girls,  "Someone should cut off her hair so she'll have to develop her personality."

So.  I find Alex B's face too long from eye to mouth. But then Teri Hatcher's face is like that and, at one time, she was the most down loaded woman on the internet.   Bri's face is the other extreme and she's a model. So I guess I'm trying to say they're all good looking in different ways, the interesting part is seeing which type the Bachelor chooses and which ones we like/don't like.

• Love 6

I was only able to make it a little over halfway through this trainwreck.  It's like watching a horror movie through your hands.  The level of discomfort in watching these fools is not pleasant!

Regarding Hannah's difficulty in opening up and Colton's "patience" in allowing her to do so.  What are we talking about here folks, a span of two hours?  Wow, Hannah, I'm sorry it's so difficult for you.  You know, to take a few hours to be able to unload all of your desperately unattractive confessions onto the dinner table. It must be soooo hard to hold in things for such an unreasonable amount of time.   And Colton, what a guy for really putting in the time, the whole two hours, to make this idiot comfortable enough to tell you her dirty secrets.  That's some stamina there on both of their parts.  So impressive.

I don't think Colton knows what autism is.  Because he's encountered so many autistic children in the hospital when he's doing his volunteer work.  Hmmmm.....maybe he's confusing cancer for autism?  You know, it's tricky like that.  But I don't think there are a high number of autistic kids just hanging out in a hospital bed.  

My dream date.....public speaking.  Sign me up.  

• Love 6

How exactly should Colton have handled the autistic brother reveal?  Apparently he works with kids with special needs and probably does find inspiration with them.  I mean, if I tell you my uncle is a dwarf with spina bifida, what is the correct response? He goes to work everyday and is independent.  I think that’s pretty damn inspiring.  

Alex had a masculine face, but I thought she was modelish and attractive. 

• Love 2

I keep thinking they brought Crystal back. This annoying chick has the exact same voice, with all the annoying affectation and whispering and phoniness. Im turning 59 this year and I did read that older people are more annoyed by the 20 something (vocal fried) voices than younger people. I just can't with these girls. I've watched every single season of the Bachelor and Bachelorette but listening to the fake raspy frog voices- I'm out. I just can't anymore. It's like I'm inflicting self torture listening to them.  I guess it's something younger people are used to hearing but I prefer the way the movie stars in the 30s and 40s and 50s spoke, I can listen to that accent all day. 

• Love 4

I can’t stand the voices either. I also think the vocal fry makes the speaker seem less intelligent. My college aged son says none of the girls he knows talk like that and he thinks only the celebrity wanna bes talk like that in real life. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I can’t stand the voices either. I also think the vocal fry makes the speaker seem less intelligent. My college aged son says none of the girls he knows talk like that and he thinks only the celebrity wanna bes talk like that in real life. 

Yes my sons who are 23 and 25 say they don't know any women who talk like this either.  But I have noticed it on commercials. Once I was helping a friend and her 23 year old daughter apartment hunt. The apartment leasing agent was talking like this and I noticed my friend's daughter then started talking like this too! It really catches on fast. Then I noticed she does it slightly but when she ran into another, it became much more exagerated, lol.

Best thing about the whole show is Fred Willard, I just loved him in Best in Show, funniest thing ever! 

Edited by calpurnia99
  • Love 3

Colton does something that I think is so attractive.  When he's talking to one of the women, he looks intently into their eyes or face.  He kind of ducks down when he does it.  I think he's probably the most attractive bachelor they've had.

• Love 1
On 1/16/2019 at 8:31 AM, sistersledge said:

I think I’ve officially aged out of this show. I was only interested in watching to keep up with Paradise, but even that is losing its appeal. I’m in my early 40s, I’ve been watching since Firestone... i didn’t watch Becca, kept an eye on Paradise but this... none of these people are serious about finding love, which is fine, it just all seems super ridiculous now.

This is me. The running up and squeeing in the tight shorts and midriff shirts made me weep for my daughters. I think I could deal with this show before I had girls. Now it makes me ragey. 

• Love 2
On 1/18/2019 at 9:13 AM, phlebas said:

I want them to keep upping the bar on this. Next season, we get a young lady who has never looked a guy in the eyes... only to have her story stepped on by the woman who has never spoken to a male and faints when the Bachelor says hi when she gets out of the limo.

Maybe one of the spinster Duggar daughters? 

• Love 2