Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Home

Bort
  • Start Topic

I was going to say, fun little episode, great seeing Robert Picardo and Phlox from Enterprise, nice special effects of Alara's home world.  But then...that ending.  What the hell?  Alara is one of my favorite characters on the show!  I'm totally bummed.  This show will miss her.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, ganesh said:

Seth did the western movie where people were dying in the background left and right for all the silliest things, so it would be funny to see every few episodes that they all die from weird freak accidents. 

Not to mention regularly killing off security personnel is about the Trekkiest thing they could do.

• Love 1

Why do people insist on making this more of a comedy than Seth ever intended it to be?  So he decided to do something different by making this show a sci-fi drama/parody hybrid. I personally think it's great that he took such a risk by taking an unorthodox approach to the show -- for me, it's paying off big time. If I wanted to watch "Family Guy," I'd watch "Family Guy."

• Love 6
On 1/15/2019 at 3:16 PM, ganesh said:

Yes, totally.

Seth did the western movie where people were dying in the background left and right for all the silliest things, so it would be funny to see every few episodes that they all die from weird freak accidents. 

Well, there are a million ways to die in the Old West.

• Love 3

My big question:  why didn't they send Isaac to the high-gravity planet?  (Apart from the Chekov's phaser from the gravity suit & timer.)

I like that the show uses tropes, but I wondered about that.

Good luck, Ms. Sage.  I look forward to seeing your other work.

• Love 1

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that scene of Gordon throwing an aluminum bottle out of the gravity field to watch it flatten like a pancake was also a "this would happen to Isaac" demonstration.

• Love 4

I do wonder why the actress left. I just got this episode and unfortunately was spoiled about this in an earlier episode thread. I think they could have gave her more of a reason to stay on her home planet. At the end of the episode they basically found a cure for her and she wouldn't have to give up anything (such as not going home again). I guess they wanted to leave the door open for her to come back, which is good and hopefully she does (assuming there is a third season). I guess she could join the police force as they apparently have one.

As for the actual episode, I thought it was pretty good. A few things I would change is I would have had Alara be the one to out smart the couple do to her military training. Instead of having Ed cause the distraction.  And either have her mother or sister rescue him or have them not be able to for some reason like their in another part of the house and wouldn't get there in time.

Lastly, I hated the new security guy and hope that he is just in the one episode. The show needs more female characters and less of the "bro" guys. Gordan and John already have that role so they don't need anymore of it.

• Love 1