Type keyword(s) to search

Temptation Island (2019) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

The only one I really respect is Kate......she seems to be the one who is dignified, resolute, etc. I do like Esonica, but the 2 Ashleys dont fool me, they like having a man and they will not "go off on their own" but awesome message Ashley sent to Casey. Casey is SUCH a jerk. UGH.

I completely agree about Casey. There's been something off about him from the first episode. Reading about him from the beginning, I got the impression that all the stuff he said never bothered him actually did. At bonfires he'd acted nonchalant but there was something else there. 

I also agree with your take on the Ashleys (Asquared?). They like the attention and fine, ladies, you do you. It would be nice though to hear that they are changing but I won't be surprised if they end up staying with their partners or dating guys exactly like them. 

I thought Kate was going to be downer but wow, she's really growing. She's showing respect when it comes to herself and her relationship even though she's seen enough that she doesn't have to show him any decency. 

On 11/22/2019 at 10:55 AM, Irritable said:

When David said they needed to send one of the women home so that they could focus on "the women who actually matter", I yelled, "Oh, you ASSHOLE!" and scared the cat in my lap. His tears made me laugh, what a complete dick this guy is.  And his deep connection with Toneata wherein they can discuss things like weather and salads, doesn't seem that amazing.  I think it's her amazing body that he's deeply connected to. Her face is so weird and lifeless to me, like a doll that's not particularly pretty but is at least symmetrical.

David did Sam a favor in eliminating her. Sam doesn't seem the type to put up with David's bullshit for that long, and it's so obvious that dude is about as deep as a puddle.

Side note: Toneata is 23???!?!?!? Yikes!

• Love 10
On 11/22/2019 at 7:55 AM, Irritable said:

I don't much care for Casey, but seeing him in such terrible pain was tough. I don't like anyone to hurt so much emotionally that it even hurts physically. 

He also punched the chair/bench so I think he was physically hurting because of that. When he was sitting on the couch rubbing his arm that's why, he didn't look that deep in thought. The couch wailing was hard to watch. That said, and TV can be misleading, but I don't see a lot of depth in that guy. I believe he's hurting, but I don't think he's enough in touch with his emotions to know why. 

It's telling that Ashley said she'd never been kissed like Ben kissed her. Casey only gives her pecks. Really? Oof girl you have been missing out then. She's young but i've enjoyed seeing her grow in confidence and mature. 

The tempter girls commenting about David/Tonata talking about spinach and being boring together was hilarious especially when they then got pooped on by a bird. Funny. David keeps saying he and Toenata have deep talks but either they haven't aired them or I have a different understanding of what deep means. 

Rick & Ashley should not remain a couple. I think it made Ashley temporarily feel better to cheat on him but once they were evened up on that count...  you have to look at what there is. They both seem exhausted by their relationship. Both Ashley & Rick connected with kind of awful tempters which I hope doesn't obscure how they see things.

Esonica is gorgeous, smart. I don't see what she sees in Gavin. He seems kinda basic (as they say).

• Love 5
On 11/22/2019 at 10:55 AM, Irritable said:

And his deep connection with Toneata wherein they can discuss things like weather and salads, doesn't seem that amazing.  I think it's her amazing body that he's deeply connected to. Her face is so weird and lifeless to me, like a doll that's not particularly pretty but is at least symmetrical.

What I did love was that Kate didn't flinch or cry at the last bonfire (I almost typed tribal council).  So happy for her that she is going to be able to dump David calmly and move on with her head held high. Maybe he will choose Toneata and she won't actually get to dump him, but it seems like no matter which way things go, she will be fine, and I did not think that about her at the beginning of the season.  I actually thought she was going to come unglued more and more each week, and am glad the opposite has happened.

I guess I'm not sure why Esonica seems so cold about Gavin now.  And I'm not sure why Ashley G's message to Rick was so distant and aloof, either.  Maybe her pride won't let her say too much in case he has already decided to dump her, but if she really still wants a chance, that would have been the time to leave a warm message that shows him she's still in it and has learned a lot from her mistakes on the island.  

I'm glad KB is gone.  Their fight was mean and gross, and I am not on either one's side, but Ashley G. definitely got the last laugh there.  Funny how Deac seemed so great in the first episodes and then once he showed his true colors, I was glad to see him go, too. I wonder why Casey didn't choose to get rid of Payton?

Every time I start to get excited that Rick has finally had enough of Medinah and is about to tell her he doesn't want her around him anymore, he suddenly seems to like her even more.  It's like a weird, choppy edit.  He was absolutely correct in everything he was yelling at her, she's a self-centered, needy, aggressive, annoying gnat.  I was cheering him on, and then the next thing I know he's telling her he wants to make love to her, not just fuck her.  What the what???? How did that happen? 

Totally agree with what @Irritable wrote.  David is just a liar at this point.  I think he viewed this entire experience as a giant "hall pass" and obviously that's not what this show is technically about (think there is a different show for that).  And big kudos to Kate for just taking this all in stride and basically acknowledging that David has completely changed or shown his true colors and hopefully she dumps him for good.  I mean, she definitely threw a good shot at him in her video message to him.  And yeah, something is off with Toneata in my opinion as well.  I do also wonder, in the preview for the season where we learned about the couples, Kate said she moved from Florida to New Jersey to be with David, now I wonder whose idea was that.  Was it David pushing for her to move or was that Kate deciding that she wanted to move?  I say this because of David telling Toneata that he would consider moving to LA to be closer to her.  However, if David was the one convincing Kate to move from Florida, then that's also a dick thing for him to do (make one person move for him but now he's "moving" for someone else). 

For Casey and Ashley- I'm guessing Casey was just talking out of his ass when he said "if Ashley broke up with him it wouldn't mean anything, he'd just find someone new to bang".  Either that or Casey was trying to act tough.  Or maybe his ego can't take it to see his girlfriend moving on from him.  Either way, I laughed at his crying.  But props to Rick for trying to comfort him.  Obviously, Rick knows how Casey is feeling (except worse since it was clear that Rick's Ashley was flat out cheating while Casey's Ashley was just making out and maybe fooling around a bit).  And Ashley's message to Casey was just funny as well because her attitude was basically one of someone who has checked out and moved on.  As for Deac, just bad timing on his part.  Had to done the flower thing a lot sooner, than maybe.  But after his time with Ben, Deac was a goner.  But like someone else said, Ashley doesn't owe Deac anything.  I believe she said thank you and it was sweet but that's the end of it.

Moving on to Rick and Ashley, definitely entertainment to watch her and KB argue.  Clearly once elimination time came around, KB was going to be kicked off after that.  I do agree with Rick's assessment that Ashley had no emotion in her video message.  You'd think she was reading from cue cards or something.  Also, was very happy to see Rick lash out at Medinah and calling her out.  Yes, Rick is there to work on himself but that doesn't mean he can't feel bad for someone else and try to act as a friend.  Medinah needs to learn to back the F off sometimes and basically just say that she's there for him when he needs her and leave it at that.  When she says stupid things like "but I don't care about Casey" she deserves for someone to tell her that she's being selfish and uncaring.

Lastly, Gavin and Esonica, nothing really happening here.  They're not really doing anything that should make the other person mad.  Like, i forget the clip that Esonica saw but she at least stepped back and was thinking about the context of it and that she didn't get to hear the entire conversation or whatever.

I found it funny that Mark made it clear to the women that they could eliminate as many people as they wanted but he didn't use those exact words to the guys.  So perhaps, they didn't know they could eliminate multiple people?  Also, there's a random woman, think her name is Colleen, how did she not get eliminated?  We don't see her do anything.  There's probably the same for a guy in the women's villa as well.

It's interesting to note the differences between this season and last season.  This season, they don't really focus on the couples actually going on dates.  They've had like 3 dates?  Last year, they had a date a week I think, or at least more than 3.  But it seems like now it's a total of 3 dates and then the final date.  It seems like this season, the focus is more on what's going on in the house.  It also seems like the singles this season just latched on to someone very quick and got mad if the person they were latching on to talked to anyone else.  I also thought they did more eliminations last year and narrowing things down.  Not sure if I really prefer last season over this season but it's just different.

Funny that they are going to air a new episode on Thanksgiving. 

• Love 7

It’s hysterical that in the beginning all the women were saying how they didn’t want to be the Kaci of season 2 and Casey is they one who turned out to be the whiny, crying, manipulative bitch - Kaci 2.0.  

Spoiler

Casey skipped the reunion.  Guessing he’s the chump who got dumped.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Casey is the type of dick who would not show up at a reunion claiming he was “ manipulated” omg what a moron he is. Good luck to whoever ends up with him. I bet Ashley is going to look back and cringe at how needy and weepy she was with him. The other spoiler i heard was that a couple leaves together but breaks up after footage is shown. What the heck did Gavin or esonoca do? Or maybe rick and Ashley , when he sees that she wanted to leave the island with kB and he rejected her?

On 11/23/2019 at 1:50 PM, Refresh said:

Esonica is gorgeous, smart. I don't see what she sees in Gavin. He seems kinda basic (as they say).

So gorgeous and charming.  I wonder if she has any idea.  At least I told her on social media, and she "liked" the comment!

Can people stop posting spoilers here?  Not talking about the people who spoiler blocked - I appreciate that - but the unblocked ones.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

So gorgeous and charming.  I wonder if she has any idea.  At least I told her on social media, and she "liked" the comment!

Can people stop posting spoilers here?  Not talking about the people who spoiler blocked - I appreciate that - but the unblocked ones.

I blame reality Steve. The bane of my existence.

Casey is such an idiot. That's why I was low key getting annoyed that anyone felt sympathy for the guy. He was always a manipulative bastard. So much so that he doesn't know how to hide his manipulation or douchbaggery on camera.

The only think I rocked with him was regards to annoying ass Payton getting mad because he says he has no romantic connection with anyone there and wants to go home with his girl.

Ignoring the stupidity of signing up for this, this is why the couples sign up. They sign up to figure out what they want. He has a fucking girlfriend technically. Stop getting all butthurt because he doesn't want to cheat on his girl. Think about how ridiculous it is to be mad at someone for that.

I love the host going in on mister threesome and Casey. They both need to open their eyes and see what they actually doing as opposed to what they say about themselves in order to prop themselves up. 

I love my girlfriend more than any other girl here and will continue to while cheating on her with a third girl. Fuck all the way off.

• Love 7

I prefer douchebag David to narcissistic Casey.  David is a jackass no doubt, but at least with him, what you see is what you get pretty much.  Casey is a dangerous, emotionally abusive POS.  All he cares about is if Ashley leaves him, because it’s all about him.   He is the biggest gaslighter of the bunch.  It says a lot when nobody Colleen can see there are red flags all over the place with him.  I will legitimately be upset though not surprised if Ashley leaves with him.   I really like Ben though, he seems like a good guy and I think he’s the one who is going to end up getting hurt.  

• Love 7

Definitely another interesting week.

With regards to Reality Steve, someone on this board turned me onto him and last season I definitely didn't mind him.  I enjoyed (and still enjoy) him interviewing the cast and have Kaci on to do recaps.  My only issue with him this season is that he saw all the episodes ahead of when they aired and so he already knew how things were going to play out for the entire season.  Plus, listening to him interview guests before the episode aired, just seemed stupid.  Granted last season, TI aired on Tuesdays and this year it's Thursdays, but if it's his podcast, then he could arrange things differently I would think.

As for spoilers for this season, I did my best to stay away but I did see an article headline which I clicked on which stated something which to me could be interpreted as a spoiler.  So, yeah, at least with one of the couples, I have a pretty good idea how it plays out.

Ashley G & Casey- Casey to me seems like he takes 1 step forward and then 12 steps backwards.  I have no issues if he's not physically attracted to anyone in the house and I just laugh at how insulted Payton gets at that.  I mean, he does have a girlfriend.  It doesn't mean he has to "cheat" on her and be with you.  The point for this show was for Casey to figure things out.  If he decided that he wants to be with his girlfriend, then, that's it.  You can't be made at him for that.  Payton, just needs to be eliminated.  But granted, there's only 2 episodes left.  If this was last season she would have been long gone.  Also for Casey, I'm glad they showed his blatant cockiness about being able to manipulate Ashley.  Just shows how much he really thinks of her.  As for Ashley, I was glad she was able to see that clip and start to realize who Casey really is.  And I really think if she didn't sleep with Ben before, by now she is.  Overall, Casey now seems like the only reason he cares is because he doesn't get dumped, he does the dumping and his ego can't accept that someone is now rejecting him.

Esonica & Gavin- They just seem boring.  Esonica was doing something but it looked really weird based on where her head was at.  It was really an awkward angle.  So not sure what happened there.  Gavin now seems like "well, if she's going to break up with him, I might as well try to move on" mode.  I'm just not invested with these 2.  Not sure if I really care if they stay together or break up.

Ashley G & Rick- Rick still impresses me the most.  Coming out of this show, I really pull for him based upon what's happened.  It wasn't his idea to go on the show but he actually is taking it seriously and I'm shocked that he may end up staying with Ashley based upon her behavior.  As for Ashley, she just seems like there's something missing.  Rick's clip should have made her jumping up and down with joy based on the fact that Rick told Medinah that Ashley is still his girlfriend.  Instead Ashley starts the waterworks and Mark has to bash her over the head and be like "uh, do you actually realize what he just said".  I think Rick can do better but not sure if Medinah is right for him either.

Kate & David- David, where to start.  Just moron.  He enjoys to say how much he "loves" Kate but as soon as he gets a chance to do her wrong, he doesn't really hesitate.  Have to believe that he slept with Toneata even if he claims that he didn't.  Regardless, still a major no no if you don't want to disrespect Kate.  Also enjoyed Mark calling out David for basically being a hypocrite or lying based upon his actions.  As for Kate, rooting for her too but I really just want her to slap David at their final bonfire and just walk off while calling him a piece of garbage.  Or maybe just go all Jerry Springer on him.  Additionally, i think Kate needs to tell Ashley to cool it on the "Dom loves, or is in love, with you" nonsense.  No, Dom is attracted to Kate, they've probably shared some conversations, and he probably wants to sleep with her.  That's about it.  Ashley's saying "he loves you" just shows how young and naive she's being and can make you understand how she ended up with someone like Casey to begin with.

And so basically the show is now concluded.  Just have final dates awaiting and then bonfire.

My shocking prediction, I think Rick and Ashley leave together but I can't imagine they ultimately stay together in the long run.  Kate and David are done unless Kate is a total idiot.  I'd be stunned with Ashley accepts a marriage proposal from Casey (as shown in previews that Casey is going to get a ring).  And no idea about Esonica and Gavin.  Maybe they leave separately but decide to continue to work on things?  Maybe they get engaged after the show?  Maybe the break up.  Could probably believe any outcome with these 2.

Lastly, started to listen to Reality Steve podcast with Kaci on it and she mentioned that she is earning money from Instagram and while I get and don't get how people make careers from being "influencers", I don't get how these TI cast people are making money from being an influencer.  I mean, basically, how is Kaci still famous or even relevant (in the grand scheme of things)?  Isn't get 5 minutes of fame past and over?  How is anyone paying her money to post on Instagram or Twitter or whatever.  I can understand how the Kardashians made it with such things (because even my 101 year old Great Aunt has heard of them) but someone like Kaci......that I don't get.

Edited by dochielomn
  • Love 5

thats why reality shows were so much better before social media. people came on looking for love and maybe fame, but certainly not an income stream--now its so obvious and annoying. sort of crazy too.

• Love 4

i like reality Steve but kaci for me is like nails on a chalkboard. I’m sure she’s a very sweet girl but she tries way too hard and i got tired of her on every podcast last year. Hopefully she is over Evan.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

i like reality Steve but kaci for me is like nails on a chalkboard. I’m sure she’s a very sweet girl but she tries way too hard and i got tired of her on every podcast last year. Hopefully she is over Evan.

The way she talks on the podcast, she would make you believe that she is by saying how she is a completely different person but who knows.  She's living with one of the female singles from her season and that person is good friends with Morgan, so if Kaci can be comfortable with that, then maybe she is over Evan.  But I can get the opinion that she could come off as annoying and trying too hard.  Think that is more of her bubbly personality which can rub people the wrong way.

• Love 1
On 12/4/2019 at 8:45 AM, dochielomn said:

The way she talks on the podcast, she would make you believe that she is by saying how she is a completely different person but who knows.  She's living with one of the female singles from her season and that person is good friends with Morgan, so if Kaci can be comfortable with that, then maybe she is over Evan.  But I can get the opinion that she could come off as annoying and trying too hard.  Think that is more of her bubbly personality which can rub people the wrong way.

I think it was also the pose on reality steves website lol. last season it made me so uncomfortable for her that she was so willing to share all those embarssing things last year on the podcasts, but its obviosuly working for her since she is paying bills in instagram.

I really like Ben for Ashley. I can’t stop replaying the devastation Ashley felt when she heard Casey bragging how he could throw Ashley and his relationship away without any reservations. So cruel to hear! I understand how insecure she became after being cheated on several times. What’s up with the men in Florida? The grass isn’t greener with the next pretty face. Disappointed she slept with Ben. Should’ve saved that for later. What do you guys think? Better to wait until your emotions stabilize or, you only live once and seize the moment? Just seems impulsive and too soon after being rejected to me. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, VentiMocha said:

I really like Ben for Ashley. I can’t stop replaying the devastation Ashley felt when she heard Casey bragging how he could throw Ashley and his relationship away without any reservations. So cruel to hear! I understand how insecure she became after being cheated on several times. What’s up with the men in Florida? The grass isn’t greener with the next pretty face. Disappointed she slept with Ben. Should’ve saved that for later. What do you guys think? Better to wait until your emotions stabilize or, you only live once and seize the moment? Just seems impulsive and too soon after being rejected to me. 

Sadly Ashley is one of those women that needs to be in a relationship - the smart thing for her would be to leave the show alone and plan to date Ben, continue to grow and fall in love with herself, not jump from one relationship to the next— but anything to get her out of a relationship with a guy like Casey who loved and fed off her insecurities. Very cruel !!

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

Sadly Ashley is one of those women that needs to be in a relationship - the smart thing for her would be to leave the show alone and plan to date Ben, continue to grow and fall in love with herself, not jump from one relationship to the next— but anything to get her out of a relationship with a guy like Casey who loved and fed off her insecurities. Very cruel !!

Casey wanted Ashley after he realized she was moving on. I agree 100%. Hope she is giving Ben a chance and not associating with Casey. He will manipulate her. 

• Love 5

That's what Casey was counting on. He was going to have his fun, flirt, etc but he knows exactly what to say to get her back in line. But, he was also two stupid to see how dumb of s plan that is on a show like this and to shut the hell up when the cameras are on.

• Love 3
On 12/7/2019 at 3:11 AM, VentiMocha said:

Casey wanted Ashley after he realized she was moving on. I agree 100%. Hope she is giving Ben a chance and not associating with Casey. He will manipulate her. 

I think Ben is a great transition - because she is so needy, I’d love to see her fall in love with herself before she jumps in again. But I’m glad for her at any rate!

• Love 3

@Skyfall, yeah, we definitely missed some eliminations or they chose to not show us.  If you did the math, the numbers didn't add up.  Thought there were 12 singles to start and the guys i think only eliminated 2 people and the girls 3.  With 6 people left on each side for the final date selection, the numbers don't add up.  Not sure why they skipped it this season.

@nlkm9, completely agree that Ashley H should really work on herself before getting into another relationship.  But that's not her.  Once you finally stopped crying, it seemed like she was the type of girl who you show her a little attention, say a few compliments and give her an ice cream cone at the end of the date and she's practically throwing herself at you and begging to be your girlfriend.  While she probably has made improvements in her own self-esteem, i'd suspect she probably has a lot more work to do.  But alas, some people don't know how to be by themselves and can only define themselves if they're in a relationship.

As for this past episode, my thoughts:

Gavin & Esonica- Gavin's situation was just weird.  I do and I don't get why the girl declined his final date.  It's not like Gavin told her he was expecting to sleep with her or anything.  So, her saying that she doesn't feel comfortable on an overnight date?  I think there are 2 bedrooms or someone (hopefully Gavin) would have slept on a couch or something.  I mean, I get her saying that Gavin wants to be with his girlfriend and how that can turn her off, but at the same time, she did say that she enjoyed hanging out with Gavin i thought.  As for Esonica, other than kissing, I'd wonder what else she did.  I doubt she slept with her guy but I suppose it's possible.  

Rick & Ashley G- Really surprised that Rick told Medinah he wanted to do the final date as just friends and that's it.  And even more shocked that Medinah took it so well.  As for Ashley, once KB got booted off, her selection was going to be random.  With these 2, it's more about their final bonfire together.  No matter what Rick does, he's got my total respect because of the way he's handled himself on the show.

David & Kate- Will say that I lost a smidge of respect for Kate for whatever she did with Dom.  I say this because she did it under the umbrella of revenge or retaliation.  I don't really believe she had this "connection" with Dom.  She was too focused on David the entire time and so i bet she didn't really open up to anyone because she kept saying to herself that she has a boyfriend she wants to be with.  Then, once the clips kept piling on, she knew it was over and decided, what the hell, I might as well "cheat" too (as oppose to actually caring about Dom).  As for David, I've had with him.  He tells Toneata that they're a couple but then 2 seconds later is like "well, maybe there's a small chance Kate and I will work things out".  Toneata is just too young and naive and is probably out for a good time so hence she just buys into what David is telling her.  And please, you two already slept together so none of this laughing saying "a girl never tells" stuff.  Kate just needs to crotch kick David at the bonfire and be done with it.

Casie & Ashley H- First, i don't buy that Ben and Ashley just slept together on the final date.  Really think something happened before that.  Second, I commented about her above so I'll leave that there.  But her reaction to Casie proposing, i really hope she just laughs at him and says hell no.  Casie just comes off as too cocky and I can't stand those type of people for the most part.  Have to believe these 2 are going to replicate Evan and Kacie from last season at the bonfire, especially when Ashley either rejects the proposal and says that she's leaving with Ben.

Going to be an interesting next couple of episodes with the finale and the reunion.  I found it interesting that 3 of the guys chose dates and flat out said that the dates were friends only.  Sounds like there are spoilers out there via twitter accounts from the couples but I've stayed away from looking at those.  But once the reunion airs, unless they put in a post reunion further update, then I'll look forward to seeing what's going with these people and then be done with it (kind of like how the cast from last season, I really don't know what any of them are up to).

• Love 4

So did Rick sleep with Medina or not? I too was impressed with how he conducted himself . As far as Kate, she endured watching David really misbehave- she conducted herself in a very classy manner , maybe she was just totally wrung out and don has been so sweet. I see it as a fling and still respect her a lot. These temptees should know they are just that- temptees. I remember all those years ago one girl left with her tempter but it’s really unrealistic .

casey is really a jerk. But David? Ugh. 
oh and Gavin and his overnight - these temptees act like they need to be leaving their significant others . Her loss she missed a nice date.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

So did Rick sleep with Medina or not? I too was impressed with how he conducted himself . As far as Kate, she endured watching David really misbehave- she conducted herself in a very classy manner , maybe she was just totally wrung out and don has been so sweet. I see it as a fling and still respect her a lot. These temptees should know they are just that- temptees. I remember all those years ago one girl left with her tempter but it’s really unrealistic .

casey is really a jerk. But David? Ugh. 
oh and Gavin and his overnight - these temptees act like they need to be leaving their significant others . Her loss she missed a nice date.

Going to say no, Rick did not sleep with Medinah.  We saw the one scene where they were in his bed and Medinah went full under the covers but Rick's head and arms stayed out and above.  Medinah was on Reality Steve podcast and claimed that she was a total open book about everything (including her sex life stuff) but when flat out asked what she did, she basically refused to answer.  So, I'd guess maybe she felt Rick up a but or something but I doubt it really went any further than that.  Rick seems too focused on actually trying to better himself to do something like that.  Plus, he was always talking about afterwards that he could easily just have sex with Medinah if he wanted but instead if he chose to, he wanted for it to mean something (saying he would make love to her, not just bang her).  So, no,  I'd really have to guess they did nothing.

In terms of Kate, I overall I still have a lot of respect for how she's handled herself up to this point.  I basically was saying that if my respect for her was like a 9 or a 9.5, then maybe she dropped down to an 8 or 8.5 for making out with Dom and/or doing anything else with him.  Like I previously said, if she did anything, i feel like it was just out of revenge and not actual caring.

David is just a moron who either wanted to break up with Kate and didn't know how or thought that by coming on this show, he was going to get a giant hall pass to do whatever he wanted.  Clearly someone who actually respected his girlfriend and wanted a future with her, would not have behaved like he did.  He can say things like "i love Kate and I'll always love her" but then I'd challenge him that he doesn't know what the word "love" actually means.

The Gavin thing with the single was just stupid.  Like I said, just because it's an overnight date doesn't mean you're required to do anything or sleep in the same bed.  I can get the whole "i don't want to go on a date if the other person isn't interested in me" thing but I think the way the girl said it just sounded weird.  I think she meant it like how I just said but her words were more like "i like hanging out with Gavin but I feel uncomfortable spending an overnight with him".

It seemed like single women on this show acted more entitled that the couple guys had to be exclusive to them and leave their girlfriends.  The single men appeared to recognize that the coupled women had boyfriends and that they were here to help the coupled women out (with the exclusion of KB who wanted to be on the show to be on tv and have sex with whoever he could). 

• Love 3

Ugh . KB- totally forgot about him- what a jerk he is too. He really expected all the women to just fall at his feet. Blech.funny if he had a nice personality i would find him way more attractive !!

• Love 2

Just a reminder: Please use spoiler tags when discussing anything not seen in the show's episodes.  This includes post-show interviews, Reality Steve posts and any social media or spoiler information.  Thanks.

• Love 1
On 12/9/2019 at 1:18 PM, dochielomn said:

Gavin & Esonica- Gavin's situation was just weird.  I do and I don't get why the girl declined his final date.  

David & Kate- 

Spoiler

Gavin has said that he and the single had a lot of discussions and flirting that wasn’t shown.  The single only wanted to move forward if Gavin was over Esonica, but since he was still thinking about leaving the island with Esonica the single didn’t want to date him anymore.

David was a total mind f*ck.  I can’t remember if it was Esonica or one of the Ashleys said that he wrote this long love letter that was amazing and snuck it into Kate’s dress when they hugged goodbye so the producers wouldn’t know. That’s why Kate had such a strong reaction.  She was completely blinded sided by David’s threesome.  He is an asshat and does not deserve to have a GF until he grows up.

• Love 3
On 12/8/2019 at 8:13 PM, nlkm9 said:

I think Ben is a great transition - because she is so needy, I’d love to see her fall in love with herself before she jumps in again. But I’m glad for her at any rate!

Ashley is 24 right? I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but when I was 24 I definitely hung on to too many losers because I was insecure and unhappy in other aspects of my life. My friends (same friends from then-we've just grown up) have all said Casey is just the kind of loser we would let have strung us along at that age.  I hope (and she should) that she matures a little and realizes she doesn't need a relationship to be happy and that she is a nice, sweet, very pretty girl, and should have her pick when she wants. I know I am a horrible person for saying this, but I hope Casey cries A LOT next week. 

@Booger666 I didn't see your post before I hit submit, but re: David & Kate spoiler: 

Spoiler

He is awful. I don't think I needed to spoiler that but just in case Toneta was on the boards and the threesome wasn't enough to dissuade her from David.

Spoiler

I read a spoiler (it might have been here but just in case) that one couple leaves together and then breaks up prior to the reunion so I guess that is Ashley and Rick. And that Casey won't come to the reunion and AGAIN I LAUGH.

Edited by jmcd44
I have a lot of issues using computers.
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, jmcd44 said:

Ashley is 24 right? I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but when I was 24 I definitely hung on to too many losers because I was insecure and unhappy in other aspects of my life. My friends (same friends from then-we've just grown up) have all said Casey is just the kind of loser we would let have strung us along at that age.  I hope (and she should) that she matures a little and realizes she doesn't need a relationship to be happy and that she is a nice, sweet, very pretty girl, and should have her pick when she wants. I know I am a horrible person for saying this, but I hope Casey cries A LOT next week. 

@Booger666 I didn't see your post before I hit submit, but re: David & Kate spoiler: 

Hide contents

He is awful. I don't think I needed to spoiler that but just in case Toneta was on the boards and the threesome wasn't enough to dissuade her from David.

Hide contents

I read a spoiler (it might have been here but just in case) that one couple leaves together and then breaks up prior to the reunion so I guess that is Ashley and Rick. And that Casey won't come to the reunion and AGAIN I LAUGH.

Maybe it’s Dave and Toneata? Nothing else for rick to see? I gotta tell you i really like Rick, I’m still trying to understand what he sees in ashely but maybe they evened the score and that’s that !!

13 minutes ago, jmcd44 said:

Reveal spoiler

Reveal spoiler

I have friends in their 50’s and beyond that are just as needy and simply cannot be without a guy . I wish people would know that once you’re on your own for a even a little while and enjoy who you are you gain a confidence that a guy can’t shake. Ashley needs this time on her own. And quite honestly i know she thinks her ass is great but i don’t 😂😂.

• Love 1

David and Kate's final bonfire;

Spoiler

David was making sure Kate knew everything that she might not of been shown already, after he obviously knows she's done with him. He did that to hurt her even more and maybe even make her feel like she was losing something great. He's disgusting and probably narcissistic. I'm so glad she's moving on. He's not physically attractive in my eyes and his personality makes him even more unattractive. 

Kate's beautiful and I hope she finds someone who's worthy of her. 

Edited by Annamz
  • Love 9

I'm no fan of David, but I do call foul on being inconsistent with the rules.  My understanding is that the partner gets to say his/her piece, and the other partner has to listen until they are done.  I recall last season when Kaci was basically told to shut up at final bonfire and that this was her time to listen.  In this case, Kate asked if she could interrupt and Mark said that this is a conversation.  A bit unfair to David, who did sit and listen to all Kate had to say, which happened to be just a tad acerbic (completely deserved, don't get me wrong, but probably not an easy thing to sit through quietly and patiently).

Eh, I suppose David was just digging himself a deeper and deeper grave with all his "honesty", so maybe Mark was actually committing the equivalent of a mercy killing, like putting down a race horse with a broken leg, rather then let the poor shmuck continue to suffer.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, sd dude said:

I'm no fan of David, but I do call foul on being inconsistent with the rules.  My understanding is that the partner gets to say his/her piece, and the other partner has to listen until they are done.  I recall last season when Kaci was basically told to shut up at final bonfire and that this was her time to listen.  In this case, Kate asked if she could interrupt and Mark said that this is a conversation.  A bit unfair to David, who did sit and listen to all Kate had to say, which happened to be just a tad acerbic (completely deserved, don't get me wrong, but probably not an easy thing to sit through quietly and patiently).

Eh, I suppose David was just digging himself a deeper and deeper grave with all his "honesty", so maybe Mark was actually committing the equivalent of a mercy killing, like putting down a race horse with a broken leg, rather then let the poor shmuck continue to suffer.

I haven’t seen the episode but I do think Mark has been pretty clear in his dislike for David, so that might have been the reason he gave Kate a little more leeway than maybe he ordinarily would.  

• Love 8

Kate was great! I was clapping on my couch for her! She really did get stronger being able to say all that. David didn’t even get to the part to explain he’s in love with someone else—but Kate seems to know that already and cut him off from the threesome talk with that. 

i do tend to think Rick has grown, but I don’t think Ashley has, so I don’t really have high hopes for those two. She was acting like she didn’t care until he said he wanted to work it out, then she was all smiles. But she definitely has her walls up that whole bonfire.

Predictions (not spoiler) for part two is I think Gavin and Esconcia will try to leave together, too. But I cannot wait for Casey to propose and Ashley to turn him down!! (Again, so I assume.)

Public service announcement for anyone named Casey, Kaci, Kaycee, Caysie, KC, Que-sI, Keighseigh, etc, do not come on this show. The more confident you are about your relationship is inversely proportional to the devastating heartbreak you will endure!

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
On 12/13/2019 at 9:35 AM, jmcd44 said:

Reveal spoiler

Reveal spoiler

I have friends in their 50’s and beyond that are just as needy and simply cannot be without a guy . I wish people would know that once you’re on your own for a even a little while and enjoy who you are you gain a confidence that a guy can’t shake. Ashley needs this time on her own. And quite honestly i know she thinks her ass is great but i don’t 😂😂.

23 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Kate was great! I was clapping on my couch for her! She really did get stronger being able to say all that. David didn’t even get to the part to explain he’s in love with someone else—but Kate seems to know that already and cut him off from the threesome talk with that. 

i do tend to think Rick has grown, but I don’t think Ashley has, so I don’t really have high hopes for those two. She was acting like she didn’t care until he said he wanted to work it out, then she was all smiles. But she definitely has her walls up that whole bonfire.

Predictions (not spoiler) for part two is I think Gavin and Esconcia will try to leave together, too. But I cannot wait for Casey to propose and Ashley to turn him down!! (Again, so I assume.)

Public service announcement for anyone named Casey, Kaci, Kaycee, Caysie, KC, Que-sI, Keighseigh, etc, do not come on this show. The more confident you are about your relationship is inversely proportional to the devastating heartbreak you will endure!

Yes i could not figure out how she knew about Toneata i don’t remember him saying anything . He is really a total scum he makes Casey looks. Good. Wanting to be “ honest “ ugh

Ashley H is either 24 or 25.  So yeah, still young and has a lot to learn.  As for her backside, it just depends on your personal taste.  It's not my cup of tea but obviously there are people out there that prefer it.  

A little surprised that Rick opted to leave the island with Ashley.  Clearly Ashley didn't want to be rejected and that's why she didn't want to go first.  Because had Rick said that he wanted to leave alone, Ashley would have claimed that she was thinking that exactly as well.  Knowing no spoilers about them, I have trouble seeing them lasting.  Maybe they can still be friends, but I think Rick has grown past her.

As for David and Kate, I think I was pretty much laughing at the whole thing.  Kate telling David to look at her when she's talking was pretty funny.  And when David was like "i need to be 100% honest about everything" and then started from Day 1, I just wanted one of those clocks to start spinning or for it to say "4 hours later" and he's still listing out all of his transgressions.  I will call foul on Mark for allowing Kate to interrupt.  Each person is allowed to speak and the other has to sit and listen.  David sat through Kate talking so now it was time for Kate to sit and listen.  However, at the same time, i get Kate didn't want to sit there and listen because she knows where it's going and she's not planning on leaving with David.  But in fairness, David should have been allowed to talk.  Either way, now just have to wait until next week for both of them to say they're not leaving together and for David to say he's going to leave with someone else.  Once again, not knowing any spoilers, I don't see David and Toneata lasting either.  Then again, I would have sworn that Evan and Morgan had no chance and I think they're still together (now maybe in the long run, they don't last but who knows).  

Finale and Reunion next week.  The only spoiler I've heard is that people's status has changed sine the reunion.  I have no clue as to what but I hope maybe after the reunion ends, USA will put up some more test with up to date information for any changes (but I won't hold my breath on that one).

• Love 2

I am no fan of Casey. but I hate to see a grown man make a fool of himself.  He should not have bought that engagement ring.  He should have just told her that he was a jerk for the way he took her for granted in the past, and that he sees what he's lost and hope that they could start a new.  If she did not care for that then time to move on.

David is just immature as Heck.  He is 28 but still acts like he is 18 or 21.  Kate needs a more mature guy than David.  David is also so blind that he can't see Toneta(sp) is just acting like she likes him(She's fine though).  As Kate says no woman would want to be with a guy after she saw evidence of him naked in the shower with other women.

Rick seems like a good dude for the most part.  He must really have feelings for Ashley G. after he saw her in bed with KB and she admitted she had sex with him  Personally I would have been done with her after that.  Just cause your boyfriend says he ain't putting no handcuffs on you does not give you permission to go sleep with someone else. 

Gavin seems alright he just not might be the most exciting Guy.  I think Esonica still likes him but she sees things she likes in Kareem.  Kareem seems pretty cool but I have to wonder is he just a sneaky low profile "player" since he stated KB was his best friend in the house and we all know that he was a Jerk times 1000!

• Love 2

I don't think Ashley G has grown a whit. When Mark asked her for her decision and she asked Rick if he would go first, I was 100% over her for good. What a coward. I'm sorry Rick forgave her and decided to leave with her but I guess he really does love her. I can only wonder why. 

• Love 5

I am so glad that Ashley decided to go home with Ben.  When Ashley said that Ben had kissed her in a way she had never been kissed before was telling.  Casey is a self centered Baby-baby.  

Post Reunion Addition:  Apparently that did work out too well in the real world.

Edited by Emmeline
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I am so glad that Ashley decided to go home with Ben.  When Ashley said that Ben had kissed her in a way she had never been kissed before was telling.  Casey is a self centered Baby-baby.  

Post Reunion Addition:  Apparently that did work out too well in the real world.

It seems like nothing has worked out for anyone!  I knew David just wanted to move to LA, glad Toneta saw it too.  Kate really needs to open her eyes and listen to what these women are telling her.  He is awful.

• Love 7