Type keyword(s) to search

Temptation Island (2019) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Thanks for the info guys.  There'll never be another Javen!  I can only dream.  I hope the guys are as hot as last season.  (I thought Javen and Karl were so beautiful.  Evan was good-looking too, but too weird for me.)

Oh crap, that trailer isn't even available to my country.

This 30 second promo works for me.

I'm not finding the guys in the 4 couples as attractive as last season's (so far).  That's sad, because I DEFINITELY don't remember finding any of the "tempting" men last season attractive, ironically.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

That's sad, because I DEFINITELY don't remember finding any of the "tempting" men last season attractive, ironically.

I was with you there.  There was one guy I found attractive, but, other than him, yeah, the women definitely got the short end of the stick when it came to temptation last season.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Fellaway said:

I was with you there.  There was one guy I found attractive, but, other than him, yeah, the women definitely got the short end of the stick when it came to temptation last season.

I have to hope that they picked the men based on the 4 womens' preferences?  Because the women certainly seemed to like them and act "tempted".  Well, two of them did.

• Love 2

I tuned in tonight, thinking it was the first episode of the season, but it was just a Casting Special.  It was pretty interesting.  You get a good look at the issues the couples are dealing with.  One woman, forget which, said "I don't want to be Kaci!"  Girl, I think every woman in the world is with you on that one.

There was also a brief update on two of our couples from Season 1.  No word on the other two.  Perhaps they are done with this show.  Too bad, because I would've liked an update on John.

FYI, the first episode of Season 2 is available now On Demand.  I continue to think this is an absurd way to deal with relationship issues, and it's not my usual kind of show, but here I am, all in for Season 2.

Spend the next ten minutes saying to each other what you'd want to say if you were never going to see each other again in your lifetimes?  That's cold, Mark.

Yep.  All in.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Reality Steve has an interview with Mark Walberg up.  Mark says that this season is even better (they always say that and I hope they are right this time) and there will be a reunion ep this season - yeah!  Kady from last season has a BF.  Evan and Morgan are still going strong.

Spoiler

Last season jiggy jiggy didn’t happen until mid season and this time it happens in ep 2.  The SO of the person’s reaction is just as surprising as the jiggy jiggy happening.  3 of the ladies are crying messes when they separate for their respective villas.  Mark thinks it is bc they’ve all seen last season and what happened to Kaci and are coming in with eyes wide open about what can happen.  Mark said at the end all of them are glad they came even though they didn’t want to be there in the beginning.  Gavin has a good sense of humor and funny one liners.

• Useful 2

It looks crazy this year!

Nobody as hot as Javen in the 4 couples which makes me really sad, nobody as hot as Karl.  There will never be another Javen.

I think that one of the women is really, really attractive.  No idea what her name is. 

So apparently her name is Esonica.

3d7be5f6-6eaf-4b1a-a466-8b5ba5d5be31.jpg

Gavin's voice is kinda similar to the ex-football player's voice on Bachelor in Paradise. I forgot his name but he was dating Nicole. Is it Chase??. Anyway I would not want to listen to either one of them talking to me on a daily basis.

If your feelings are super fragile and so very easily hurt, why would you agree to come on a show that allows your 'partner' to be single and date several females/males while you watch it happen??? For those females whose boyfriend cheated on them in the past, get ready to be cheated on lots of times on this show, too! The fellas are happy AF to be on this show & can't wait to meet the single females!!! SMH

Edited by Lacy4u
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Lacy4u said:

Gavin's voice is kinda similar to the ex-football player's voice on Bachelor in Paradise. I forgot his name but he was dating Nicole. Is it Chase??. Anyway I would not want to listen to either one of them talking to me on a daily basis.

Clay??????

3 hours ago, Lacy4u said:

If your feelings are super fragile and so very easily hurt, why would you agree to come on a show that allows your 'partner' to be single and date several females/males while you watch it happen??? For those females whose boyfriend cheated on them in the past, get ready to be cheated on lots of times on this show, too! The fellas are happy AF to be on this show & can't wait to meet the single females!!! SMH

Those two women who were crying the whole time!  Omg!!!!!

And the one who basically did not want to do this at all.  Oh dear.

I have a theory that Gavin and Esonica will be fine.  The two crying girls might surprise us, but either way I think those couples are headed for the most danger.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Lacy4u said:

You might mean Clay? 

On 10/11/2019 at 11:04 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

It looks crazy this year!

Nobody as hot as Javen in the 4 couples which makes me really sad, nobody as hot as Karl.  There will never be another Javen.

I think that one of the women is really, really attractive.  No idea what her name is. 

So apparently her name is Esonica.

3d7be5f6-6eaf-4b1a-a466-8b5ba5d5be31.jpg

she looks exactly like Rihanna, but the ponytails have to go. what really is so funny to me is all the girls were clingy and crying and to me all of the guys couldnt wait to go hit it!! I have sympathy for noone if they signed up for it--yuk. but fun to watch.

• Love 2

What the hell happened to Mark (not Marky Mark) Wahlberg in just a few short months?! Those new chompers he got are unfortunate. Damn. USA network must have a cheap-ass dental plan.

Nothing else too noteworthy yet but funny how all the contestants were mocking the temptors and temptresses of the opposite sex during the introductions, but then immediately crumpled into tears and regret when separated.

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

"Nothing else too noteworthy yet but funny how all the contestants were mocking the temptors and temptresses of the opposite sex during the introductions, but then immediately crumpled into tears and regret when separated."

Self-defense mechanism there.  Got to try to act tough when your nervous as hell on the inside.

1st thoughts on the couples:

Ashley & Casey- I don't think they stay together.  Their relationship is all about Casey.  Ashley needs to work on her inner self and get better self-esteem.  It's great that she can be friends with all of Casey's friends but she should have her own group of friends that she hangs out with or makes Casey hang out with as well from time to time.  Basically, i see Casey definitely hooking up with one or some of the singles and from the looks of the preview, it looks like Ashley might be doing the same as well (or at least kissing another guy).  Either way, if all of her boyfriends have cheated on her in the past, it's going to damage you and you really need to figure that out first before coming on a show like this.  Or who knows, maybe this show will force her to deal with it.  Either way, I'd say they're toast.

Ashley & Rick- Another problematic relationship.  This Ashley clearly is the "Kaci" of this season in terms of wanting to get married and start a family right away and Rick is like Evan in being a little non-committal about the future.  Plus, you factor in Rick previously cheating and yeah, I just see problems for these two.  Guessing they're done by the end of this (and also guess that these 2 kind of just want to be on tv)

Esonica & Gavin- these 2 possible could make it out of here ok.  Don't really have a real gauge on them yet.  I could see Gavin possibly straying a bit but then maybe he turns into Javen and doesn't do anything.  Not sure what to think about Esonica though and her motives.

Kate & David- Also not sure about these 2.  Could easily see them staying together or breaking up.  Think we see David kissing 2 girls at the same time in previews so maybe they don't last?  Also, anyone else think David has a rectangle for a head?

As for the singles, last year they specifically said they selected singles that best represented what the couples were looking for (assuming physically in terms of looks but possibly from emotional as well).  However, they didn't say that this season and even in the casting special, it seemed like they were just going for anyone that they liked.  I guess we'll see how it plays out this season.

Lastly, does anyone know the status of Javen and Shari?  Are they still together?  Thought I saw somewhere that they might have broken up or something.

Edited by dochielomn
  • Love 2
On 10/11/2019 at 4:55 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I have a theory that Gavin and Esonica will be fine.  The two crying girls might surprise us, but either way I think those couples are headed for the most danger.

While watching this show, I wondered if any of these participants realize how unattractive jealousy/insecurity is? Ashley appeared so cute and fun in the beginning, but her doubt and self-doubt is getting me down. If she states she’ll end up seeing bad behaviour/ emotional cheating, she has created a self-fulfilling prophecy. I understand that some couples find that demonstrating jealousy shows how much their partner is loved, but in my eyes, a jealous mate is unattractive, and I would find it hard to lose that mental image. If my mate's jealousy occurred more than once, I would not be able to sleep with my mate because I am no longer attracted.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, dochielomn said:

Ashley & Rick- Another problematic relationship.  This Ashley clearly is the "Kaci" of this season in terms of wanting to get married and start a family right away and Rick is like Evan in being a little non-committal about the future.  Plus, you factor in Rick previously cheating and yeah, I just see problems for these two.  Guessing they're done by the end of this (and also guess that these 2 kind of just want to be on tv)

After watching the second episode, both my hubby and I decided that this couple was never really a 'couple'. Or if they were a couple, they were on the verge of breaking up. It feels as though they had a discussion prior to arriving at Temptation Island, deciding what type of couple they'd be and how they would behave with the tempters. What they are doing makes for good tv, but this season the couples feel very 'forced'.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 10/17/2019 at 9:06 AM, dochielomn said:

Lastly, does anyone know the status of Javen and Shari?  Are they still together?  Thought I saw somewhere that they might have broken up or something.

In my freaking dreaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaams.  Please, somebody tell me when they break up.

There's two Ashleys??????????????????????????

Guys, I still love this show so much.

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:20 AM, JenE4 said:

What the hell happened to Mark (not Marky Mark) Wahlberg in just a few short months?! Those new chompers he got are unfortunate. Damn. USA network must have a cheap-ass dental plan.

His "empathetic listening" expression looks like a wizened monkey face to me.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 10/18/2019 at 3:31 AM, Chalby said:

After watching the second episode, both my hubby and I decided that this couple was never really a 'couple'. Or if they were a couple, they were on the verge of breaking up. It feels as though they had a discussion prior to arriving at Temptation Island, deciding what type of couple they'd be and how they would behave with the tempters. What they are doing makes for good tv, but this season the couples feel very 'forced'.

Yeah, gotta admit, this couple has the whiff of... insincerity about it.  By that, I mean, they seem more into being on TV and making an impression than in working on the issues in their relationship.  At least, on her side.  I mean, she's all in with her guy and wants to marry him and have kids with him, but, it's only the second week, that tempter guy puts in the barest minimum to qualify as having a personality and she's ready to have sex with him because he's just that hot?  She wanted to be the hot topic on reality TV is more like.

On 10/18/2019 at 1:03 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

In my freaking dreaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaams.  Please, somebody tell me when they break up.

You can catch a bit of them in the Casting Special that was aired before Episode 1.  I'm afraid they still looked very much together.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, announcergirl said:

Well that escalated quickly. Too quickly! It looked a little awkward, but I’m not goIng to lie, what I saw of that hookup was hot! I’m not deleting this episode. 

He said, “I’m the captain now.”

hahahah!!!!!!!!

Oh, daaaaaamn! Wow. I’m definitely clutching my pearls over here that Ashley G slept with KB on the first night! I mean, if they were single, have at it, girl. But she was the most vocally upset at the date-choosing ceremony about the idea of her man going on a date with someone else—and yet she fucked someone BEFORE the date, even?!? Whoa. Then again, her man is also the flirtiest so far, so maybe these two aren’t even really together, or are two exes who went in on a fame-whore pact. To tell Ashley G from Ashley H, I’m going to call them Ashley G-spot and Ashley Hysterical, as she’s always seen hysterically crying. I cannot wait until we pick up at the bonfire ceremony. The looks on the guys’ faces watching that video!!!

• LOL 8
  • Love 7

So yeah, just too funny with this second episode.  From the girl's snarky remarks when it came to the guys choosing their 1st date to Ashley G giving it up right within 24 hours of being there.  Then, she makes a big production the next morning of crying and seemingly saying that she messed up to being on the date and telling the guy that needs to be closer to her and take off his shirt and etc.  Then watching the guy's reaction to seeing her video, really looking forward to hearing them discuss it.  I'll be stunned if Rick doesn't have some fun of his own now.  

Kate & David- so perhaps Kate is really the Kaci of this season in terms of having her walls up so far that she's not really going to date any of the guys.  I can understand David a little not wanting to piss off his girlfriend by picking who he did but to flat out lie and even admit to lying, just WOW.

Ashley H & Casey- It's one thing to be an emotional person, but Ashley needs to tone it down a bit.  It seems like if Casey breathes the wrong way that Ashley is going to bust out the waterworks.  I don't think Ashley needs Temptation Island, she needs therapy to help her get self-esteem and self-respect and realize that she can exist without having a significant other in her life.  Although, I'm not letting Casey off the hook either.  Ashley's video wasn't bad at all but he played it up a little too much like she was betraying him.  Ashley clearly has a problem with Casey hanging around an ex and Casey is just brushing it off and telling her it's no big deal. 

Esonica & Gavin- Esonica is probably why the villas are miles apart from each (i honestly have no clue but i imagine it's a good amount of distance between the two) because otherwise, she's the most likely to go to the guy's villa, cut off the woman's hair and then burn the villa down.  In their video, we saw a random woman hitting on Gavin as he was working.  Just seems like something they would have dealt with in this past.  And him saying "i don't know if she's the one", well, that's kind of why you came here to figure things out basically.  Ultimately, I still have hope for these 2.

Ashley G & Rick- pretty much covered them.  Thought Rick was doing a good job at just flirting and that was it.  Waiting to see what he says next week.

Also, i kind of wonder why they got rid of the block.  Maybe they thought it was a waste since only John and Kady used it last season and John still ended up keeping Katheryn around and that Katheryn could still interact with John while they were in the house.  Just wonder if anyone would have used the block this season.

• Love 2
On 10/19/2019 at 7:32 PM, Fellaway said:

Yeah, gotta admit, this couple has the whiff of... insincerity about it.  By that, I mean, they seem more into being on TV and making an impression than in working on the issues in their relationship.  At least, on her side.  I mean, she's all in with her guy and wants to marry him and have kids with him, but, it's only the second week, that tempter guy puts in the barest minimum to qualify as having a personality and she's ready to have sex with him because he's just that hot?  She wanted to be the hot topic on reality TV is more like.

You can catch a bit of them in the Casting Special that was aired before Episode 1.  I'm afraid they still looked very much together.

He did put in the bare minimum. It looked more awkward than anything. What man, looking for love, would move that fast and with no pizazz? It was about the conquest. She could have been thirsty for a good dick down. Hmmm

23 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Oh, daaaaaamn! Wow. I’m definitely clutching my pearls over here that Ashley G slept with KB on the first night! I mean, if they were single, have at it, girl. But she was the most vocally upset at the date-choosing ceremony about the idea of her man going on a date with someone else—and yet she fucked someone BEFORE the date, even?!? Whoa. Then again, her man is also the flirtiest so far, so maybe these two aren’t even really together, or are two exes who went in on a fame-whore pact. To tell Ashley G from Ashley H, I’m going to call them Ashley G-spot and Ashley Hysterical, as she’s always seen hysterically crying. I cannot wait until we pick up at the bonfire ceremony. The looks on the guys’ faces watching that video!!!

Good point. I didn’t even think about how it was BEFORE the actual date. Then on the date, she was so needy. Man, dating is not for the faint of heart. 

• Love 4

Kate is soooooo teary and insecure. Its so sad that these women dont get it--the neediness and crying is ridiculous!!!! all the women crying almost like they blamed their boyfriends for being there, I mean didnt they have a choice?? very very strange.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, dochielomn said:

I can understand David a little not wanting to piss off his girlfriend by picking who he did but to flat out lie and even admit to lying, just WOW.

It never fails to amuse me when these people forget they are being recorded all the time.  Has he seen this show?  He had to realize that he'd be found out eventually so why lie in the first place?  He seems pretty detached to me but I haven't decided if that was cruel or just stupid.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Kate is soooooo teary and insecure. Its so sad that these women dont get it--the neediness and crying is ridiculous!!!! all the women crying almost like they blamed their boyfriends for being there, I mean didnt they have a choice?? very very strange.

Yes, technically they had a choice but they would have you believe that the boyfriend kept pushing to do it so hence they were forced or coerced into going.  Heck, Casey admitted on a podcast that part of his motivation to do the show was to get a free vacation.  So, you factor in the guy saying "hey, we'll be fine, we get to go to Maui for free, free food and beverage, and we'll be good at the end" enough times, maybe you start to talk yourself into it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, dochielomn said:

Yes, technically they had a choice but they would have you believe that the boyfriend kept pushing to do it so hence they were forced or coerced into going.  Heck, Casey admitted on a podcast that part of his motivation to do the show was to get a free vacation.  So, you factor in the guy saying "hey, we'll be fine, we get to go to Maui for free, free food and beverage, and we'll be good at the end" enough times, maybe you start to talk yourself into it.

its one heck of a vacation, thats for sure. but the crying before anything even happened was crazy. That first nite those guys couldnt wait to go and all the girls were crying!

• Love 1
On 10/22/2019 at 6:32 PM, nlkm9 said:

its one heck of a vacation, thats for sure. but the crying before anything even happened was crazy. That first nite those guys couldnt wait to go and all the girls were crying!

I understand what you're getting at, but i think it's multiple things.  1) clearly all of these people have problems in their relationship and i'm sure they all watched season 1 and saw that only 1 couple survived, so your kind of on edge because of that.  2) then you see a bunch of single people whose objective is to "steal your significant other" or in Mark's words "find love".  3) then you start thinking how you're not seeing your significant other for 30 days and there's basically all you can drink alcohol (or so i would guess) and your mind starts to wonder what could accidentally happen.  So yeah, chances are you're going to cry (probably because you know on a subconscious level that this is the end for your relationship).

• Love 2

Ok. I just watched the casting special. Granted, I fast forwarded over the people not cast, so maybe I missed a couple of clips of our stars. However, from what I saw, ALL of these people couldn’t wait to get on this show! If anyone is now acting like they were dragged kicking and screaming against their will to be forced to date other people, they’re lying! These fame-whores couldn’t wait to get on TV—and, oh yeah, “save” their relationships.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, dochielomn said:

I understand what you're getting at, but i think it's multiple things.  1) clearly all of these people have problems in their relationship and i'm sure they all watched season 1 and saw that only 1 couple survived, so your kind of on edge because of that.  2) then you see a bunch of single people whose objective is to "steal your significant other" or in Mark's words "find love".  3) then you start thinking how you're not seeing your significant other for 30 days and there's basically all you can drink alcohol (or so i would guess) and your mind starts to wonder what could accidentally happen.  So yeah, chances are you're going to cry (probably because you know on a subconscious level that this is the end for your relationship).

Oh that makes a lot of sense but it seems like all the ladies were hysterical and pissed, and the men were chomping at the bit to get away. That to me was very odd.

How the fuck are you going to sit there and boo hoo and say that's unacceptable when her man kisses another woman after you've already been dicked down on television by another dude and then laughed about how the dudes dick is bigger than his? Seriously. What the actual fuck?

• Love 12

So far, I like Rick and I like Esonica.  Maybe we can get them together?  Otherwise, this is a very stank bunch of tempters and temptees.

Really, Ashley... whichever one you are, it's "smart" and "exciting" to eliminate that guy?  I do not think those words mean what you think they mean.

Oh, Mark...  I love how he acts all nice and sympathetic, then, when he's not getting what he wants from the guys at the bonfire, it's all "Think about how stank you really are when you say your ladies are having fun, just like you.  Think about where that's gonna lead."  We see you, Mark.

I'm surprised they didn't show Esonica the clip of her guy saying he was interested in Medinah.  That seems like the clip to have shown.

• Love 5

Did they kick off one of the singles this early last season?  I know they brought in someone new and told the couples you can keep this person but then someone has got to go but i thought that was after a few dates.  So, eliminating someone after like 2 days seems weird.  Also, did they even do a date this week?  Just seems like they did a bonfire, everyone went back to their villas, and then they did another bonfire.  Shouldn't there have been date #2 at some point?  Also, the post-bonfire thing was hysterical.  The girls are all emotional about it meanwhile the guy come back and are partying it up like nothing happened.  Found that very funny.

Ashley G & Rick- Props to Rick for not immediately coming back and getting it on with Medinah.  Rick, so far at least, actually seems to be trying to process everything and figure himself out.  Maybe this will change, but for now, he seems to be the only one actually getting something out of this whole experience (other than his g/f who definitely got something).

Kate & David- The way Kate is projecting, I don't see her doing anything here.  Unless she sees David do something and decides for "revenge", it appears she's going to stay closed off for the most part.

Ashley H & Casey- I think if you were binge watching this season and had to do a shot every time Ashley cries, you'd be passed out by the end of this episode.  As for Casey, just funny that Mark had to remind him that he's not suppose to be here to just party and that he's suppose to case about Ashley.  Sure, nothing wrong with wanting Ashley to actually enjoy it but Casey seems so nonchalant about it.

Esonica & Gavin- Seemed weird for Gavin to make a play for Medinah but part of the process I suppose.  But also funny to see Medinah's reaction as she's not feeling Gavin right now.

Previews for next episode looking interesting.  Looks like David is setting up a 3 way (i"m sure Kate will love to see that).  Also, at least from an editing standpoint, it sure looks like KB was not interested in love and just wanted a 1 night stand so to speak.

Also, listening to Ashley G on a podcast, what she wanted as a result of this show was to either a) get Rick to propose on tv so he couldn't easily back out of it and/or b) have someone else pay for a ring so it would be bigger/more expensive....yup, sounds about right.....

Edited by dochielomn
  • Love 1
On 10/28/2019 at 9:44 AM, dochielomn said:

But also funny to see Medinah's reaction as she's not feeling Gavin right now.

Toe sucking aside, are any of the tempters feeling Gavin?  I haven't seen any of them trying to stake a claim to him.

On 10/28/2019 at 9:44 AM, dochielomn said:

have someone else pay for a ring so it would be bigger/more expensive....yup, sounds about right.....

That's an interesting angle I hadn't considered.  I can totally see her doing that.

11 hours ago, OnceSane said:

connections multiply

Mmhmm.  We see you, Show.

2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Just oh, my god.

This is a huge difference from last season.

This season is 5x wilder.  It's crazy.  Last season I was in love with the show, this season I straight up feel WRONG for watching it!  Yikes… 

OMG, yes.  I thought they were stank last week, but the men's house upped the stankness level a hundred-fold tonight.  Gross.  Gross.  Gross.  Made me question why I'm watching.  I never felt the need to take a shower after Season 1's eps!

Show, it's okay to hire lady tempters who don't specialize, seemingly exclusively, on lap dancing to snag a man.  Think about that for next season, Show.

Tempter ladies, are... we seriously supposed to feel sorry for you because some other tempter is trying to steal your "man" who you're trying to steal from their girlfriend?  How's that work, then?

K.B., why is he even there, when he can't even pay lip service to looking for a relationship, if only for the cameras?  Kudos to Esonica for realizing her date is likely feeding her lines.  How did Gavin ever snag her, he's so boring?

There are no words for David.  He's not even trying to resist temptation, and what he did is just straight-up cruel and for no good reason.  He didn't even spare a thought.  I feel sorry for Kate.  She was devastated after the last bonfire.  The next one's gonna do even worse damage.  I don't know if it's an option, but I think she really ought to just leave.

Highlight was the banter between Ashley, Deac and Ben.  Dare I say it was even charming?

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 5

Payton. When you present yourself on Day 1 as the good time party girl wink wink, do lap dances like they are about to be outlawed, throw yourself all over a guy who has not been receiving it as anything more than part of the experience, maybe that answers your question as to why Casey didn’t think it was a big deal to ask out the other girl in front of you.  Guys aren’t going to take you seriously if you act like a joke.  

David sure turned gross.  I feel bad for Rick, his head is a mess right now.  His Ashley got what she deserved when KB was like woah, lets just be friends, maybe one of these other dudes will be interested in you but I’m all done using you up.  I might feel bad for her if he’d strung her along with sweet words and promises, but he didn’t, and she slept with him on night one, sooo ... this is how shit goes down when you throw your relationship away for no good reason.  

I like both Deac and Ben a lot. If I were Ashley, Deac would be the most tempting because I find him very attractive and love his personality.  She seems like such a great girl, I hope her heart doesn’t get destroyed by this “process”.  She and Casey do really love each other, and while I feel she could do better, if he’s who she wants then I hope it works out for them.

Im starting to like Gavin’s personality.  It’s subtle but he’s kinda funny.  I don’t see any of the other girls being more interesting to him than Esonica, but you just never know with this crazy season. DAMN.

The week between these trashtastic episodes feels ridiculously long.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Fellaway said:

K.B., why is he even there, when he can't even pay lip service to looking for a relationship, if only for the cameras?  Kudos to Esonica for realizing her date is likely feeding her lines.  How did Gavin ever snag her, he's so boring?

There are no words for David.  He's not even trying to resist temptation, and what he did is just straight-up cruel and for no good reason.  He didn't even spare a thought.  I feel sorry for Kate.  She was devastated after the last bonfire.  The next one's gonna do even worse damage.  I don't know if it's an option, but I think she really ought to just leave.

Gavin thinks he's too good for Esonica but it's the other way around!  And she doesn't even know it!!!!!!  She's a Rihanna lookalike who can likely have any man.  Please!!  And her personality seems interesting too.

Regarding David:  Uh....... yeah.  I'm TERRIFIED of Kate's reaction.  I'll feel like a total asshole for watching it.

1 hour ago, Irritable said:

I like both Deac and Ben a lot. If I were Ashley, Deac would be the most tempting because I find him very attractive and love his personality.  She seems like such a great girl, I hope her heart doesn’t get destroyed by this “process”.  She and Casey do really love each other, and while I feel she could do better, if he’s who she wants then I hope

I'm starting to become attracted to Casey.  When he was just wearing the apron...... Oh boy.

Yeah, I’m surprised the girls don’t seem to be pursuing Gavin.  

Casey is such a loser.  If Ashley wants to be with him bless her little immature heart.  She really needs to be on her own for a bit.  Doesn’t seem to have an identity outside of always being someone’s GF.

I don’t care for Rick.  The way he treats Medinah is not nice.  I can see why he and Ashley are a couple, they both seem to be emotionally manipulative.

As you all have said, this is a very strange season.

• Love 2

Never watched TI before and was just vaguely aware of the show in its original iteration.  Happened to catch a rerun of this premiere (is it season 2 or season 5?) and got intrigued.  After viewing these first 4 episodes, I am sort of horrified by the whole thing and feel as I imagine I would were I to come upon a literal train wreck.  I'm constantly shocked by what I am seeing but not really enjoying it as it is kind of painful to watch.

If as a couple you are that unsure of whether you are meant to stay together, then take a break and try dating other people (or just spend some time with friends or getting to know yourself if you are not interested in dating others right then).  Don't go on a ridiculous reality show with unlimited free booze and unlimited free skanks (male and female) just to test whether either or both of your libidos are still functioning.  Once the decision has been made to go on this show to genuinely test the fidelity of your relationship, you can unpack your bags immediately and cancel the flight.  You've got your answer.  Your relationship has failed the test.

For the partnered females, at least, it appears the only acceptable behavior from their boyfriends is to sit on their hands for a month, and not touch a thing.  That makes those women either stupid, delusional, or disingenuous.

Also the hypocrisy on both sides is so thick, it's difficult to see what is actually going on on the screen.  Horny Ashley is the most obvious culprit (and as a result, Rick appears to be getting the most sympathetic edit so far) but insecure Ashley is another one what with complaining about Casey walking around naked, which actually meant with his ass hanging out, which is actually exactly what insecure Ashley was doing in the her bonfire clip, which actually Casey said he was fine with because he acknowledges that she was doing the same thing he was.  And Casey is a self-absorbed prick who I don't find very likeable, yet I actually yield him the moral high ground on that particular exchange.

As for the singles, isn't the very premise of coming on the show to break up other people's long-term relationships kind of disgusting on its face?  What am I to think of any of them in terms of decency or lack thereof?  Medinah is about 2 episodes away from becoming Rick's stalker.  I get that there is no other guy she is really into, but Rick's apprehension can be cut with a knife.  Give him some frickin' space and go get your toes sucked somewhere else.

KB was just awful but horny Ashley got exactly what she deserved, so I felt a little satisfaction about that, but still he was so incredibly mercenary about it, he could probably store ice cubes in his trunks in that hot Maui sun and they would never melt. So basically, his message to her was he played her emotions, vulnerabilities, and insecurities like a violin (while she played his flute), got laid a few times, and when she finally opened up about having some feelings toward him and wanting to talk about relationship potential, he says it's time to just be friends.  Titanic, keep an eye out for KB's in the water.  Of course, horny Ashley talking about riding off into the sunset together after a few days and a few fucks shows just how developmentally immature she is emotionally.

And that is really the gist of the issue.  The premise of the show is that everyone is there on the island to find love, either reinforcing their love for their current partner, or finding love with someone new.  I am curious how TI defines "love", because I don't think there's a single person there (and I'll include MW, the producers, the crew, etc.) who have the slightest idea what the word means.

Since I am a new viewer:  At any point do the single men and single women get to interact?  Since anything apparently goes on this show, they might as well just do a giant mixer and have the whole thing collapse into one huge orgy.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Regarding David:  Uh....... yeah.  I'm TERRIFIED of Kate's reaction. 

Girl was physically ill this week.  I really worry what her reaction will be after this.  And her heart is not in this experience.  She really should just leave.  That said, if she suddenly decides to "enjoy" the experience, David deserves no sympathy for anything she might do.

17 hours ago, Booger666 said:

Yeah, I’m surprised the girls don’t seem to be pursuing Gavin.  

Like, not at all.  Even if they don't like him, don't any of them want to pretend just for the extra face time on TV?  'Tis weird.

17 hours ago, Booger666 said:

Casey is such a loser.  If Ashley wants to be with him bless her little immature heart.  She really needs to be on her own for a bit.  Doesn’t seem to have an identity outside of always being someone’s GF.

Casey gives me the impression he's not there to work on himself or their relationship issues at all.  I'm not sure he even really believes any work needs to be done, at least, not on himself.  I think he's just there to have fun and a vacation from his relationship, then expects to go back to his life and pick up where they left off, no harm no foul.  

Ashley, on the other hand, seems to be blossoming away from him.  (That girl's face just lights up when she smiles.)  Casey might be in for a surprise at the end of the season.

I don't like Casey, but I will give him credit, at the bonfire when the clip was shown of the other Ashley having sex with KB, he looked away from the screen.  That was admirable.  Gavin, on the other hand, gaped like a fish.

12 hours ago, sd dude said:

As for the singles, isn't the very premise of coming on the show to break up other people's long-term relationships kind of disgusting on its face?  What am I to think of any of them in terms of decency or lack thereof?  Medinah is about 2 episodes away from becoming Rick's stalker.  I get that there is no other guy she is really into, but Rick's apprehension can be cut with a knife.  Give him some frickin' space and go get your toes sucked somewhere else.

Cosigned.

So basically, his message to her was he played her emotions, vulnerabilities, and insecurities like a violin (while she played his flute), got laid a few times, and when she finally opened up about having some feelings toward him and wanting to talk about relationship potential, he says it's time to just be friends. 

I don't get KB at all.  Seriously, why is he there?  I'm not so naive as to think most of these tempters are there to find love - They just want their fifteen minutes. - but aren't they kind of beholden by the premise and the showrunners to pretend, at least?  Then, there's his confrontations with the other guys in the house.  Okay, I guess he was really cast as the villain of the piece.  With that and the hugely amped up sexcapades this season...  Oy, only in Season 2 and the cynicism of it all is already showing.

Since I am a new viewer:  At any point do the single men and single women get to interact?

They didn't in Season 1.  In fact, the tempters gradually disappeared over the season as the temptees cut loose the ones that failed in their brief.  This season, though, anything seems to be fair game, so who knows.

• Love 2