Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

Temptation Island (2019)

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Bravo! Great post! Ditto to all this! The only thing i’d add is that the producers probably are glad that Javen and Shari are growing and will come out of this a stronger, healthier couple as opposed to completely decimating their relationships like everyone else. They need one “success story” to sucker future couples into casting. We’re going to come out of this getting married like Shari and Javen. Meanwhile, your girl might be a Kady or your guy might be an Evan. Or, if you’re both a Nicole-Karl, then you probably won’t care. But otherwise you need some sort of glimmer of hope to think this is a good idea!

Right. This is who Evan is. He wasn’t a “new Evan” because he managed to keep his pants on for a few months or whatever. Sure, people can change, but he’s shown Kaci that he’s not one of those people—not with her anyway. This isn’t the old Evan, it’s just Evan. I realize Kaci regrets taking him on this show because she thought this exercise in ultimatum would push him her way, but be glad you finally got your answer and move on with your life.

Im just shocked they didnt show the bonfire the tape of brittany saying "sit on my face" or whatever--Karl was very resistant, good for him.....the kissing with John and Katheryn, if there is such a thing it was not very passionate kissing--almost like he feels he has to go thru the motions. interesting how this bonfire Kaci chose to listen yet last time she didnt--producer involvement there? that was awful how Even called morgan his girlfriend. jerk.

and a month long vacay to maui?? there will be no shortage of couples applying. I remember on one of the forst runs of this show along time ago, there wasa couple that had obviously made a pact to not even flirt with the other--then there was a girl who ended up leaving and moving in with her tempter. lol.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I wanted to add that there are dynamics in every relationship, we all sort of act out these in our relationship, sadly as sweet as kaci is (I really do think she is a very sweet and well meaning person and someone I would want as a friend), but the dynamic between her and Evan almost resembles a mother/son-- "Don't be the old Evan" etc etc unfortunately she will be forever his "nag", she will always be trying to reign him in and its really not fair. I also hate that she blames herself for not being more "affectionate, less demanding", (seriously? this guy has strayed multiple times?). I wish she would own that its OK to want what you want and dont be ashamed of it--she wants marriage and children and that is a perfectly reasonable thing to wish for. but for now, Evan is not that guy-ironically in several years he may mature or get great therapy and be a great hubby and father for someone but its not her, and its probably not Morgan (who will prob try and get pregnant as quickly as possible to "cement" the relationship.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

I wanted to add that there are dynamics in every relationship, we all sort of act out these in our relationship, sadly as sweet as kaci is (I really do think she is a very sweet and well meaning person and someone I would want as a friend), but the dynamic between her and Evan almost resembles a mother/son-- "Don't be the old Evan" etc etc unfortunately she will be forever his "nag", she will always be trying to reign him in and its really not fair. I also hate that she blames herself for not being more "affectionate, less demanding", (seriously? this guy has strayed multiple times?). I wish she would own that its OK to want what you want and dont be ashamed of it--she wants marriage and children and that is a perfectly reasonable thing to wish for. but for now, Evan is not that guy-ironically in several years he may mature or get great therapy and be a great hubby and father for someone but its not her, and its probably not Morgan (who will prob try and get pregnant as quickly as possible to "cement" the relationship.

Nail on the head here.  To an extent, i'm kind of surprised by Evan considering what happened with his father.  You'd think Evan would have learned from that event and figured out that maybe stepping out on your significant other may not be in the best interest.  But I suppose you could go one of 2 ways.  Either you learn from it and vow that you'll never replicate that behavior.  Or you subconsciously think that cheating is ok and then you do it as well.  Or maybe Evan rationalizes it (to himself) because he's not married and he's not messing around with another married person as well.   Either way, i can't see how Kaci stays with Evan after this show (assuming Evan at the end tried to ask for forgiveness and reconcile) airs and her friends and family are watching this.  She's already admitted that friends and especially family are a big influence in her life and if her parents were annoyed that she was living in sin, imagine what their reaction is to seeing Evan blatantly cheat on their daughter and calling Morgan his girlfriend. 

Additionally, for Kaci, I'd really have to guess that they producers ensured that the next clip of Evan would have to have some "incriminating" audio to it as well so they could avoid another situation of Kaci closing her eyes and refusing to physically watch.  I suppose she could hum to herself really loud while watching (or not watching it as well) it to block out the audio but i bet the show would have stopped recording and told her that she needed to stop and was not allowed to do that.  Furthermore, the guys did try to take an interest in Kaci but i think she's too stuck on Evan to allow anyone to get to really know her.  We clearly saw 2 guys take an interest (then again, i think their motive was more about "i want to stay on the show so let me take a show on this one") and Kaci got rid of them both about 5 minutes later.  And now, forget it.  Kaci is basically crying or whining the entire time.  So unless she gets like blackout drunk or does a complete 180, i don't expect her to really do anything with the single guys.  I'm guessing whoever she selects for a final date will be asking Mark "do i have to?".

@JenE4, i agree that the show is actually happy that at least 1 couple will come out of this experience happy and stronger (Shari and Javen, at least at the moment).  But for the moment, they also have to be annoyed that for drama purposes, Shari and Javen are prety boring at the moment.  I mean, the bonfire clips are an absolute joke.  Not even creative editing could make it look scandalous at all without it being blatantly clear that they were tampering with footage.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'm rooting for Evan and Morgan. I'm a sucker for a love story, and I believe Evan when he says he's never experienced these feelings. I think it's clear he's been with Kaci more out of habit than anything deep, hence his reluctance to marry her. Deep down it just isn't there. I also find it interesting that Morgan looks nothing like Kaci, so it's not like Evan has a type (or he does, and it's not Kaci.)

I  agree that Kaci sounds like a mother with Evan a mother/son dynamic. Not very sexy or romantic, or even equal.

She deserves a man who is completely in love with her, and Evan clearly isn't that guy.

Edited by Andromeda
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/3/2019 at 9:47 AM, slinkyy said:

I don’t believe in ‘once a cheater, always a cheater’ because you wouldn’t be tempted to cheat if you are with the person you are truly meant to be with even if you have cheated in the past.

Thank you for saying this. This is my husband. I was his mistress. He was married only a few years when we met. We've now been married 36 years. He's a John type of solid, reliable guy, and I have never once been concerned he would cheat (he hates drama and we're both as stable and boring as hell.) It's not about weakness -- he has never done anything as brave as when he risked his reputation and career (he was my boss) to be with me.

Edited by Andromeda
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

I remember on one of the forst runs of this show along time ago, there wasa couple that had obviously made a pact to not even flirt with the other--then there was a girl who ended up leaving and moving in with her tempter. lol.

That’s right.  I think there was also a couple where the guy had sex with a woman, got mad at her for “making him do that” (🤦🏼‍♀️) and at the end went back to his GF who happily took the loser back.  I wish they would do a short where are they now on the first series.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

That’s right.  I think there was also a couple where the guy had sex with a woman, got mad at her for “making him do that” (🤦🏼‍♀️) and at the end went back to his GF who happily took the loser back.  I wish they would do a short where are they now on the first series.

the only couple I remember at all was the couple that got married, and I heard they divoced. Oh and the mandy girl, that was so scandalous how they did body shots. now thats mild. (Although Kathyrns Mom, I tell you the apple doesnt fall far from the tree) posted on facebook that her daughter was such a victim of poor editing, and that John licking peanut butter off the girls chest was like if a girl licked the shaft of a penis. so freaking crude, but now I see what makes people tick.

Share this post


Link to post

Only thing i remember from the very first season of the show (back in 2001) was that all of the couples stayed together at the end.  I remember being very annoyed because clearly some of these couples did not belong together (in terms of, unless it was all an act or for show, their relationship was not going to last the test of time).  Then i also remembered that 1 couple essentially got kicked off the show because during filming, the producers learned that the couple had a small child at home together and they (who ever was in charge), did not want to break up a mother and father.  So, that's my suspicion this time around that we're going to end up with all of these couple either staying together or trying to reconcile (Evan and Kady, looking at you two).

edit*- So doing quick research, the couple that got kicked off in season 1 claims that the producers did know and asked them not to speak about it.  But i guess once the story became public, something had to be done.  Who knows who is telling the truth.....

Edited by dochielomn

Share this post


Link to post

I remember another TI couple getting in trouble for passing notes to each other. They'd leave the notes tucked under the sinks in a communal bathroom.

Mostly I remember most couples staying together and much less depth of discussion on relationships.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

I remember another TI couple getting in trouble for passing notes to each other. They'd leave the notes tucked under the sinks in a communal bathroom.

Mostly I remember most couples staying together and much less depth of discussion on relationships.

that was pretty clever. I forgot about the couple with the child--that was so bad.

Share this post


Link to post

I definitely don’t subscribe to the notion of once a cheater, always a cheater. For instance, I dont think Kady is a cheater. She just doesn’t love John. And I don’t think Javen will cheat on shari again.  He was young and away from home for the first time and getting attention from other girls for the first time. People can change and grow. However, I do think there are some people who are just cheaters by nature, and Evan is absolutely one of those guys. He has cheated on every girlfriend he has ever had. And I don’t think his relationship with Morgan is special. He apparently does this a lot—declaring this is a love like no other very early on and even moved in with a woman he barely knew only to move out 3 months later. He’s just a bad guy who has used his past tragedies and his “great love” as a cheap ticket out for bad and selfish behavior.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Mhl2016 said:

I definitely don’t subscribe to the notion of once a cheater, always a cheater. For instance, I dont think Kady is a cheater. She just doesn’t love John. And I don’t think Javen will cheat on shari again.  He was young and away from home for the first time and getting attention from other girls for the first time. People can change and grow. However, I do think there are some people who are just cheaters by nature, and Evan is absolutely one of those guys. He has cheated on every girlfriend he has ever had. And I don’t think his relationship with Morgan is special. He apparently does this a lot—declaring this is a love like no other very early on and even moved in with a woman he barely knew only to move out 3 months later. He’s just a bad guy who has used his past tragedies and his “great love” as a cheap ticket out for bad and selfish behavior.

Agree with most of your post but Kady is absolutely a cheater. I don't care how emotionally or mentally far out of your relationship you are, cheating is cheating. 

I also do think that one could cheat but not always cheat. But, I would never continue to date someone who has cheated on me and I'm sure I would not date someone I know is a cheater. I, for sure, would not date someone willing to cheat with me. Yes, it can and has worked. But, I couldn't trust a relationship that starts that way. Which is why I would never want to be a single on this show. The foundation of a relationship you might develop during this is built on such bullshit and deception. No thank you.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

On 3/5/2019 at 6:07 PM, Skyfall said:

I mean he could’ve applied or whatever and then she got dragged into it.

Omg come on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/6/2019 at 6:24 AM, dochielomn said:

I'd guess that for Teen Mom, Katheryn somehow managed to meet Ryan and then decided to date him (perhaps because she knew he was on a tv show or maybe it was random).  I can give her a little bit of the doubt on that one since it was long ago.  After that, well....

As for John kissing Katheryn now because he feels that Kady is also hooking up, I mean, Hannah kind of called John out on that a few episodes again.  At this point, Katheryn doesn't really care. 

Evan/Kaci- It's funny listening to what Kaci is saying about Evan as clearly she knows Evan but doesn't really know which Evan is the "real Evan".  The guy that is impulsive and just acts in the now or the guy that she thinks he was before they came to the island.  Evan seems like the guy who just can't resist repeated temptation.  Maybe once or twice he'll stop but sooner or later, he's going to give in.  As for saying that Morgan is his girlfriend....just WOW.  But I loved how Kaci was quick to point out that as soon as they go back to reality, Evan and Morgan are going to have a rude awakening.  Although, on a slight side note, if you watched Morgan's resume video thing, it almost sounds like she is a female version of Evan so maybe that's why they get along and maybe they deserve each other since I'm not sure either of them can really be trusted for any sort of long term relationship.  At this point, the show is really just about what Evan is doing for these 2.  Kaci really seems closed off from doing anything with any of the guys.  At this point, her objective is to just talk with Evan and figure out where to go from there.  I'll be somewhat surprised if Kaci hooks up in any way (even just a peck on the cheek) with any of the remaining guys in her house.  Also, have to wonder, since we can assume that Evan and Morgan had sex, can we also presume that they're now sleeping with each other every night?  I know we're not seeing it on camera, but since Evan crossed the line and didn't tell Morgan that they need to stop but instead is mentioning her as a girlfriend, then you'd have to assume that they're getting it on each and every day, right?

Karl/Nicole- Nicole just doesn't seem to care anymore.  She feels that she's grown and self reflected and is appears she's already mentally moved on,  As for Karl, not sure what the whole naked thing was about (was that part of the scavenger hunt thing they were doing?) but clearly Brittney wants to get with him and to Karl's credit, he's resisting.  But I'm not sure how long that's going to last.  I wouldn't be totally surprised if he gives in to Brittney but at the same point, since there are no more bonfire videos to make Karl feel like Nicole is crossing a line, perhaps Karl is able to resist.  I guess we'll see.

John/Kady- Wasn't Kady's video that John watched from the previous week and not from this past episode?  As for what Kady got to see, I was laughing because she has to know that she was making out with Johnny so who is she to get really upset and call John out for it?  Kind of hypocritical.  But then again. that's how some people are (in terms of, i get to do whatever i want but how dare you if you try to do whatever you want).  I also wasn't really suprised that Wynn had to pack up and go.  Based on last week's episode, you knew Kady was done with him.

Javen/Shari- at this point, i think the producers would like a redo.  These 2 are doing nothing on the show.  At this point, they're just hanging out and having fun but without trying to romantically do anything with any of the singles.  At the beginning, Shari was just being insane and overly dramatic so i could understand them being cast on the show.    But maybe it was all an act or maybe Shari matured or something happened because now she seems chill and Javen hasn't even come close to crossing any lines and is just being cool and relaxed on the show as well.  So, good for both of them.

At this point, I wonder what's the real point of keeping the non-connected singles on the island.  For the single girls, you got Katheryn, Brittney, and Morgan.  I think Javen will continue to "date" Kayla so I'm not sure what's left.  Basically, they should just tell Javen to select 1 girl and tell the others to leave because for the most part everyone is paired off.  For the single guys, you just have Tyler and Johnny and probably Justin (since Shari enjoys hanging with him).  So, tell Kaci to keep 1 guy and the rest can pack up.  And the one guy that Kaci selects can then just sit there and listen to her cry on and on about Evan until he leaves a note to Mark Wahlberg that he's packed his bags and headed to airport.

So, for prediction purposes, i still only think that Javen and Shari should stay together.  Kaci needs to move on from Evan but i can easily see her taking him back if he tells her he wants another chance because Kaci just doesn't know how to be by herself at this point and time and needs some real alone time to figure things out for herself.  John might be willing to forgive Kady is she hasn't already slept with Johnny, but in reality, Kady is never going to truly love John and so these 2 should move on.  Karl and Nicole...Nicole just seems to be done with it and so in reality these two should separate for a little while and maybe possibly date again in the future if they still wanted to give it another chance.  But right now, I'd say go your own way.

At this point...LOL

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Mhl2016 said:

However, I do think there are some people who are just cheaters by nature, and Evan is absolutely one of those guys. He has cheated on every girlfriend he has ever had. And I don’t think his relationship with Morgan is special. He apparently does this a lot—declaring this is a love like no other very early on and even moved in with a woman he barely knew only to move out 3 months later. He’s just a bad guy who has used his past tragedies and his “great love” as a cheap ticket out for bad and selfish behavior.

Just curious, where are you getting this information?  Not doubting it for a second as Evan really does seem like one of those people who after 2 dates is going to say "i love you" to someone which when you translate it, it just means "hey, i'm attracted to you, i'd like to sleep with you as soon as possible".  As I mentioned before, you'd really think that with Evan's father being murdered by the husband of a woman who Evan's father was cheating with, would have impacted Evan to the point of "hey, this is messed up, maybe never do that".  Unless Evan's father was like the dad in Shallow Hal at the beginning of the movie and telling Evan to go out and sleep with as many different women as possible.  At the age of 27 or 28, Evan as a long way to go when it comes to maturing or growing up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Reality Steve has a podcast every Thursday and he devotes the last part of it to interviewing Kaci about the latest episode. Obviously, it’s Kaci’s perspective, but he did do 1 interview with Evan, who came across very poorly in his own telling of events—just dumb and making excuses and evasive. I would be more prone to give Kaci’s version of events the side eye if Evan hadnt come across so poorly in his own defense. As a warning if you want to listen, they don’t give away the ending, but it’s impossible not to read into what they’re saying.

eta: this was just responding to dochielomn’s asking where I got the information. I know I’ve mentioned the podcast before and don’t want people to think I am, like, on reality steve’s payroll or something

Edited by Mhl2016
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Mhl2016 said:

Reality Steve has a podcast every Thursday and he devotes the last part of it to interviewing Kaci about the latest episode. Obviously, it’s Kaci’s perspective, but he did do 1 interview with Evan, who came across very poorly in his own telling of events—just dumb and making excuses and evasive. I would be more prone to give Kaci’s version of events the side eye if Evan hadnt come across so poorly in his own defense. As a warning if you want to listen, they don’t give away the ending, but it’s impossible not to read into what they’re saying.

eta: this was just responding to dochielomn’s asking where I got the information. I know I’ve mentioned the podcast before and don’t want people to think I am, like, on reality steve’s payroll or something

I think kaci is a very sweet girl, but I cant deal with hearing her on a podcast--I can only imagine the excuses shes making for Evvan, plus a little known fact is that Even cheated on someone to be with her...perhaps thats why she is so forgiving??

11 hours ago, SallySarue said:

Omg come on.

yes lol shes been dragged into 3 reality shows <eyeroll>

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

I think kaci is a very sweet girl, but I cant deal with hearing her on a podcast--I can only imagine the excuses shes making for Evvan, plus a little known fact is that Even cheated on someone to be with her...perhaps thats why she is so forgiving??

I thought the same thing about Kaci defending Evan until I listened to last week's podcast -- she pulls no punches and is actually VERY critical of and perceptive when it comes to Evan. She comes across much less naive than I would have thought and I came away from it liking her a lot more than I did beforehand.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

18 minutes ago, ddiced35 said:

I thought the same thing about Kaci defending Evan until I listened to last week's podcast -- she pulls no punches and is actually VERY critical of and perceptive when it comes to Evan. She comes across much less naive than I would have thought and I came away from it liking her a lot more than I did beforehand.

ok so i will def listen--because I think she is a really sweet girl.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ddiced35 said:

I thought the same thing about Kaci defending Evan until I listened to last week's podcast -- she pulls no punches and is actually VERY critical of and perceptive when it comes to Evan. She comes across much less naive than I would have thought and I came away from it liking her a lot more than I did beforehand.

Yes, I did not like Kaci the first episode at all. I thought she would for sure be my BEC, but after listening to her on the podcast, I’ve really come around on her. She seems a lot more aware and grounded than I originally thought, and she seems like a genuinely good person—wanting to give everyone the benefit of the doubt without being overly naive. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

So i did listen to the Reality Steve podcast to last week's episode (but only specifically to when Kaci comes on to chat) and the interview with both Evan and Kaci.  And Kaci definitely comes off more aware and gives better background information as to her and Evan's relationship over the years.  And I think someone mentioned it earlier, but i definitely agree, if you read between the lines, i think a person could guess where Kaci and Evan are at in current time.  One interesting comment Kaci made during either the interview of last week, she basically said that had she watched the clip of Evan having sex with Morgan, it was going to go one of 2 ways.  Either she was going to have a breakdown and possibly leave the show or she was going to go all-in (or something like that).  So, it sounds like Kaci has the "John" mentality that she was only going to start hooking up with someone for revenge purposes only.  

Edited by dochielomn

Share this post


Link to post

Episode 9:

Quote

"Romantic Getaways"

An overnight date off the island triggers emotions as the couples face the end of their journey.

Airs March 12, 2019.

Share this post


Link to post

I think Kaci is OK.  She is annoying to me on the show because she talks about how Evan loves the drama and stuff, yet she’s been pursuing him for 10 years so I think she likes the drama just as much as Evan.

Spoiler

On the podcast she comes off better, like a couple of you have said above.  I think after being dumped she did some self reflecting and probably got a lot of support from friends and family.  I give her credit for coming out of TI a stronger person and I hope she finds a better partner than Evan in the future.

Edited by Booger666

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Booger666 said:

I think Kaci is OK.  She is annoying to me on the show because she talks about how Evan loves the drama and stuff, yet she’s been pursuing him for 10 years so I think she likes the drama just as much as Evan.

  Hide contents

On the podcast she comes off better, like a couple of you have said above.  I think after being dumped she did some self reflecting and probably got a lot of support from friends and family.  I give her credit for coming out of TI a stronger person and I hope she finds a better partner than Evan in the near future.

I heard somewhere (maybe on reality tv) that even cheated with someone else to be with kaci!??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

DH:  Is there anything good on tonight?

Me (excited):  Temptation Island

DH (disappointed):  That’s just swapping gonorrhea.

Me:  😆 🤭 😆 

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

 UGH Kady in preview for The Finale : "You make me not wanna have Children". How dare John be sick of you Belittling him and treating him like Crap. Sure didnt mind cheating on him with Doucheboy Johnny. Her and Evan are awful 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

I heard somewhere (maybe on reality tv) that even cheated with someone else to be with kaci!??

Kaci herself has said that Evan cheated on his previous girlfriend to be with her.  I don’t recall if she said this while on Temptation Island but she definitely said it on Reality Steve’s podcast.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

It’s pretty incredible how differently Kaci and Evan see their relationship at this stage of the “process”.  She is aghast that he would risk damaging the life they had built together - they have a home, they have DOGS for god’s sake!!!! And then Evan talks to Morgan like he just needs to step out of his relationship like one might step out of a pair of underwear that had been dropped to the floor.  Should only take a second, and then he and Morgan can begin being together forever. 

Looks like Karl is going to turn cold toward Brittany now that he’s had sex with her. Ouch. And yuck.

Javen and Shari are just waiting for the clock to run out so they can be together again, and it’s very sweet.  

Kady sucks. Still hoping she ends up completely dumped and alone. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I dozed off maybe with 20 or so minutes left. I woke up to Karl and Brittany talking about how they had sex...so, who else had sex? And did anything else juicy happen?

Edited by JenE4

Share this post


Link to post

Evan is horrible. I can't believe he actually said that Kaci has a "ticking clock" and Morgan is just going with the flow, and that's what he wants.  Maybe because you've been with Kaci for 10 years as opposed to a month? Seriously. If you didn't want to be in a committed relationship, then you shouldn't have gotten into one. Morgan will be in for a rude awakening when her clock starts ticking. 

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, Irritable said:

It’s pretty incredible how differently Kaci and Evan see their relationship at this stage of the “process”.  She is aghast that he would risk damaging the life they had built together - they have a home, they have DOGS for god’s sake!!!! And then Evan talks to Morgan like he just needs to step out of his relationship like one might step out of a pair of underwear that had been dropped to the floor.  Should only take a second, and then he and Morgan can begin being together forever. 

Looks like Karl is going to turn cold toward Brittany now that he’s had sex with her. Ouch. And yuck.

Javen and Shari are just waiting for the clock to run out so they can be together again, and it’s very sweet.  

Kady sucks. Still hoping she ends up completely dumped and alone. 

Yeah, Kaci is still clearly hung up on Evan and you feel a little bad for Val.  Granted I'm not the biggest Val fan mainly because he's comes off very arrogant and cocky and I think he went on this show for a free vacation and possibly to hook up but he's basically in a losing situation as there is no chance Kaci is going to do anything with him.  So, worst case, he gets a free date with whatever the show cooked up for them.  As for Evan, i totally LOL'ed when he's telling Morgan how he wants to meet her family and such.  It's like wow, you jumped a few steps here.  How about you get off the island first and see if this relationship lasts a few weeks before you start meeting families and such.  

For Karl, i wasn't totally surprised he gave in to Brittney, especially when he made a comment about how he was going to live in the moment and deal with the consequences later.  And I can't say I'm totally surprised that Karl still thinks that he might want to stay with Nicole just because she is (or at least was) his girlfriend going into this show.  But realistically, the way Karl was talking (or most likely reflecting), saying how Nicole is only 25, it seems like he still views the age gap a little bit of a problem or thinks that maybe Nicole needs to mature a little more.  It will be interesting to see Karl and Nicole talk and see if Nicole has actually slept with Tyler as well.  If i had to guess, I think Nicole has slept with Tyler, especially with his comments about "this is possibly our last chance to be together, we should make the most of it" or something along those lines.  Plus, you've seen them in bed together and pull the sheets over their themselves, so all indications point to Tyler and Nicole sleeping together at least once as well.  My guess is that when Karl and Nicole talk, Nicole is going to tell him how she's grown and not really sure if they are meant to be together and I think Karl is going to see if they can stay together.  You feel bad for Brittney, especially since she and Karl did just sleep together but I guess Karl should have been telling her that he's not sure and admits they have a connection but needs to talk to Nicole to figure things out and discuss what has happened on the island.  Basically, from what we saw and the previews, i think Karl could have been more tactful about what he was telling Brittney as oppose to just saying "she's been my girlfriend for 3 years".  That sounds more like something a guy says to his mistress when he's telling her that he's not leaving his wife and family for her.

Javen and Shari, yeah, they're just waiting for this to conclude.  I kind of get the feeling that Javen will propose.  I think Shari just couldn't figure out how to tell Justin that she still wants her boyfriend.  Justin was just trying to play up the angle of you've never been with anyone else so maybe you should explore that unless you're 100% sure Javen is all you want.

As for Kady and John, do we just assume that John slept with Katheryn?  I kind of get the sense that he did.  It was also funny because the way John is talking, he's telling Katheryn at the beginning of the episode that he's done with Kady.  Then, at the end it's more like "well, we'll see what she says and how the conversation goes".  And i think that Kady is playing up this "i'm so torn" thing.  She's admitted a few different times that she's not totally in love with John.  So, if that's the case, then end it and move on.  And from the preview, i definitely LOL at Kady saying "you make me not want to have children".  You say that, and your relationship is done.  These two just need to call it quits.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, SarahC said:

Evan is horrible. I can't believe he actually said that Kaci has a "ticking clock" and Morgan is just going with the flow, and that's what he wants.  Maybe because you've been with Kaci for 10 years as opposed to a month? Seriously. If you didn't want to be in a committed relationship, then you shouldn't have gotten into one. Morgan will be in for a rude awakening when her clock starts ticking. 

Ha!  Totally forgot about this line.  Yeah, that was too funny.  Really want to hear Kaci respond to this line.  To me, just shows that Evan is not a guy who you trust to be in a serious relationship with.  Sounds like he's got some issues that he needs to work out first before you actually think he's someone to spend a long amount of time with.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Irritable said:

It’s pretty incredible how differently Kaci and Evan see their relationship at this stage of the “process”.  She is aghast that he would risk damaging the life they had built together - they have a home, they have DOGS for god’s sake!!!! And then Evan talks to Morgan like he just needs to step out of his relationship like one might step out of a pair of underwear that had been dropped to the floor.  Should only take a second, and then he and Morgan can begin being together forever. 

Looks like Karl is going to turn cold toward Brittany now that he’s had sex with her. Ouch. And yuck.

Javen and Shari are just waiting for the clock to run out so they can be together again, and it’s very sweet.  

Kady sucks. Still hoping she ends up completely dumped and alone. 

Nah Kady will still Have Johnny who's more "Alpha" than John and who she cheated on John with but he doesnt give a damn. I'll laugh and Laugh if Kady/Johnny and Evan/Morgan couples happen then Kady and Evan cheat on them. If Kady hadn't felt that "Sparkler" with John Then she should have broken up with him. I laugh at Morgan acting like she knows she will change Evan, like he isnt a serial cheater 

54 minutes ago, SarahC said:

Evan is horrible. I can't believe he actually said that Kaci has a "ticking clock" and Morgan is just going with the flow, and that's what he wants.  Maybe because you've been with Kaci for 10 years as opposed to a month? Seriously. If you didn't want to be in a committed relationship, then you shouldn't have gotten into one. Morgan will be in for a rude awakening when her clock starts ticking. 

Yeah UGH at that. Hes a fucking douchebag and a cheater 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, dochielomn said:

Yeah, Kaci is still clearly hung up on Evan and you feel a little bad for Val.  Granted I'm not the biggest Val fan mainly because he's comes off very arrogant and cocky and I think he went on this show for a free vacation and possibly to hook up but he's basically in a losing situation as there is no chance Kaci is going to do anything with him.  So, worst case, he gets a free date with whatever the show cooked up for them.  As for Evan, i totally LOL'ed when he's telling Morgan how he wants to meet her family and such.  It's like wow, you jumped a few steps here.  How about you get off the island first and see if this relationship lasts a few weeks before you start meeting families and such.  

For Karl, i wasn't totally surprised he gave in to Brittney, especially when he made a comment about how he was going to live in the moment and deal with the consequences later.  And I can't say I'm totally surprised that Karl still thinks that he might want to stay with Nicole just because she is (or at least was) his girlfriend going into this show.  But realistically, the way Karl was talking (or most likely reflecting), saying how Nicole is only 25, it seems like he still views the age gap a little bit of a problem or thinks that maybe Nicole needs to mature a little more.  It will be interesting to see Karl and Nicole talk and see if Nicole has actually slept with Tyler as well.  If i had to guess, I think Nicole has slept with Tyler, especially with his comments about "this is possibly our last chance to be together, we should make the most of it" or something along those lines.  Plus, you've seen them in bed together and pull the sheets over their themselves, so all indications point to Tyler and Nicole sleeping together at least once as well.  My guess is that when Karl and Nicole talk, Nicole is going to tell him how she's grown and not really sure if they are meant to be together and I think Karl is going to see if they can stay together.  You feel bad for Brittney, especially since she and Karl did just sleep together but I guess Karl should have been telling her that he's not sure and admits they have a connection but needs to talk to Nicole to figure things out and discuss what has happened on the island.  Basically, from what we saw and the previews, i think Karl could have been more tactful about what he was telling Brittney as oppose to just saying "she's been my girlfriend for 3 years".  That sounds more like something a guy says to his mistress when he's telling her that he's not leaving his wife and family for her.

Javen and Shari, yeah, they're just waiting for this to conclude.  I kind of get the feeling that Javen will propose.  I think Shari just couldn't figure out how to tell Justin that she still wants her boyfriend.  Justin was just trying to play up the angle of you've never been with anyone else so maybe you should explore that unless you're 100% sure Javen is all you want.

As for Kady and John, do we just assume that John slept with Katheryn?  I kind of get the sense that he did.  It was also funny because the way John is talking, he's telling Katheryn at the beginning of the episode that he's done with Kady.  Then, at the end it's more like "well, we'll see what she says and how the conversation goes".  And i think that Kady is playing up this "i'm so torn" thing.  She's admitted a few different times that she's not totally in love with John.  So, if that's the case, then end it and move on.  And from the preview, i definitely LOL at Kady saying "you make me not want to have children".  You say that, and your relationship is done.  These two just need to call it quits.

Kady sucks so much her "I'm so torn" BS and then Johnny saying how she doesnt even talk about John Hardly at all. From what I've seen its "John who" from her and she cheated on him with Johnny who thinks "shes the realest with him" yeah a Girl who you've known not even a month 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, dochielomn said:

Ha!  Totally forgot about this line.  Yeah, that was too funny.  Really want to hear Kaci respond to this line.  To me, just shows that Evan is not a guy who you trust to be in a serious relationship with.  Sounds like he's got some issues that he needs to work out first before you actually think he's someone to spend a long amount of time with.

On one of the Reality Steve podcasts Kaci said she had left Evan a few times because she was fed up with his cheating.  She said the only time she gave him an ultimatum was the last time he wanted to reconcile and she basically read him a list of her expectations of his behavior before she could begin to trust him again.  He agreed to all of it and they got back together. 

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Koalagirl said:

On one of the Reality Steve podcasts Kaci said she had left Evan a few times because she was fed up with his cheating.  She said the only time she gave him an ultimatum was the last time he wanted to reconcile and she basically read him a list of her expectations of his behavior before she could begin to trust him again.  He agreed to all of it and they got back together. 

Yeah, i listened to that podcast and so that's where i started to gain a little more respect for Kaci.  But, just because i am more skeptical in nature, is what Kaci saying the truth?  Or is she spinning history so she doesn't come off like an person sticking their head in the sand to ignore the obvious.  I'd like to believe her (and probably more willing to believe her), but there's also 3 sides to this story, Kaci's, Evan's, the Truth.  In what Kaci was saying on the podcast, she said something like she reconciled with Evan (after completely cutting him out of her life for like 4 months) because that's when Evan's father "went missing" and Evan got injured to the point where his basketball career came to an end (i kind of laugh at this one, but who knows, maybe Evan had some skill) and it sounded like he got 2 fingers chopped off that with surgery they were able to reattach or something.  So, almost out of pity, it sounded like they reconciled at least once.  But Evan comes off as a stereotypical used car salesman.  He'll tell you whatever you want to hear to close the deal even if they are flat out lies or something he truly has no intention on living up to.  In all honestly, it sounds like Temptation Island was a blessing for Kaci because i bet had Evan and Kaci not done the show, either a) he ends up cheating on her again or b) he finally gives in and proposes, they get married, maybe have a baby or 2, and then Kaci finds out that Evan is or has been cheating on her.  Either way, it ends with her being crushed/humiliated.

For me, regardless of how the show ends, i really hope they have some sort of follow up as to where all of the couples are at now (so for the example if a couple decides to stay together but in the current time, they have since broken up realizing that they are no good for each other).  Although, i guess once the show ends, I could probably figure this out based on all of their instagrams or twitter stuff or if they go on a podcast such as Reality Steve (which since Kaci does on a weekly basis, i would expect for her to say where she's at now once the show ends and she's no longer contractually, assuming they have a non-disclosure or silence clause, obligated to not divulge what happens on the show before it airs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

if this was a "regular" lol if there is such a thing dating show, yeah feel bad for Brittany--but this is a show about established relationships and the tempters know these folks have serious relationships. so no sympathy here. obviously not the ideal situation to meet a long lasting love since they are cheating on someone to be with you, which I dont think is a prize knowing your potential partner has no aversion to cheating. yikes 🙂

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I think everyone was feeling sorry for John, because Kady is horrible, but I'm going to be repeating myself here - I kind of think John is scum.  He's shown NO personality, NO interest towards any of the women.  He doesn't talk to them and connect with them the way Karl and Javen do.  He just sees them as blonde things that are there.  He just grosses me out.  Maybe it's more of a gut feeling than anything.

Brittany knew exactly what she wanted and what she was doing and what she was in for.  Karl was never once dishonest about it.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, nlkm9 said:

if this was a "regular" lol if there is such a thing dating show, yeah feel bad for Brittany--but this is a show about established relationships and the tempters know these folks have serious relationships. so no sympathy here. obviously not the ideal situation to meet a long lasting love since they are cheating on someone to be with you, which I dont think is a prize knowing your potential partner has no aversion to cheating. yikes 🙂

Which is I laugh and scoff at Morgan and Johnny. Evan and Kady are awful. BUT THEN after last night's episode it looks like John cheated(even though after Kady Cheated) and Karl flat out said he did so. And Nicole might've cheated as well?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think everyone was feeling sorry for John, because Kady is horrible, but I'm going to be repeating myself here - I kind of think John is scum.  He's shown NO personality, NO interest towards any of the women.  He doesn't talk to them and connect with them the way Karl and Javen do.  He just sees them as blonde things that are there.  He just grosses me out.  Maybe it's more of a gut feeling than anything.

Brittany knew exactly what she wanted and what she was doing and what she was in for.  Karl was never once dishonest about it.

John showed little interest until he thought Kadi cheated on him . He even said he wouldn’t cheat unless she did. I’m not impressed with him, but kadi certainly doesn’t respect him that’s for sure. He need a nice down to earth girl just like him. And he needs someone that respects and honors his values. I personally think he wanted a “ flashy” girlfriend when he is an average looking guy , and unfortunately he was willing to put up with some disrespect. I hope he moves on alone and will take some time to regroup. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

John showed little interest until he thought Kadi cheated on him . 

For me, he has had the same dead eyes / who cares approach towards the women before and after the Katy cheating thing.  Meaning like he can't even connect with the women on a HUMAN LEVEL regardless of what Katy does.  This is just my opinion and impression.  But he's one of those guys.  I know many of them.  And I'm just saying he's one of them.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, I think John is really superficial and I wouldn’t be surprised if his next GF is a Kady 2.0 - pretty but no basis for a real connection.  He’s 35 so it’s time he grows up and looks for a GF with more qualities than blond and tan.

I checked out the vimeo videos linked above.  Totally get Morgan and Evan now.  They are both fitness freaks with Peter Pan complexes.  

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, LakeGal said:

This was a boring episode to me.  I can't stand Evan.  He comes off as so creepy.

Yeah. "Girl...you are IT for me". He's so weird. Everything he says sounds really forced. I can't stand him either, and I can't believe women fall for that type of guy.   I really felt for Kaci when she was in the van. She's right, he's acting like they are going to get off the show and he's just going to start this new life with Morgan. But, what about the one he already has? It's not as simple as he's making it seem to her. 

I agree with everyone else who isn't buying John's nice guy persona. He lacks any kind of real personality and the fact that he really didn't get to know anyone there and only went for the blonde, tan, pretty girl speaks volumes. He definitely is the type of guy that just wants an arm candy type of girlfriend. I know guys like him...they were hot shit in their hometown so never really settled down. Now that they are aging, it's getting harder and harder to find a young, good looking woman to settle down with. 

Brittany knew what she was getting into, so she shouldn't really be surprised that Karl isn't interested in anything long term with her. He's been honest this entire time that he misses Nicole and still loves her. 

Shari and Javen are adorable. His dinner date was cute when he was talking about her, and the girl he took out was so supportive. It was nice. I forget the guy that Shari was on a date with, but he was kinda grossing me out. Like...obviously she still loves her boyfriend. Stop badgering her to hook up with you in a passive type of way. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I guess I'll defend John a little but I get all of your points.  I think he does want the "young tan blonde with big boobs".  I think he probably is a genuine good guy but a show like this is not for him.  He wasn't looking for a romantic connection and as much as he was telling Katheryn she's not a rebound, well, that i think I would disagree with.  Just like I was laughing at Katheryn crying saying how it breaks her heart how Kady treats John and blah blah blah.  Basically, John clearly hasn't gotten over hearing Kady say he would be a bad father or something like that.  And Hannah did call out John when he saying that he wouldn't do anything unless he saw Kady cheating.  So yeah, I think i still give John the benefit of the doubt in the real world, but a show like this is not for him.  But yeah, if you think he's also looking for "arm candy", I don't think I can really disagree with that as there is a reason why Kady blocked Katheryn at the start (because she knows John has a type).

As for Brittney, while she did have to know what she was getting involved with when she agreed to be on the show, it still hurts to develop feelings for someone, sleep with them, and the very next morning have them say "yeah, I think i'd rather be with this other person".  That's more of what I meant there.  Brittney doesn't come off as the "i want to be on TV" type (the way someone like Katheryn does, since she has a track record of a few shows).  I guess my interest would be to see how Karl and Nicole interacted before this show.  Karl and Brittney actually seem like there is a chemistry and that (take long distance out of the equation), they could work as a couple outside this show.  Watching Nicole, she just seems like she's over her relationship at this point so perhaps Karl would be better off pursuing Brittney.

Morgan's reaction to be asked to leave was just funny.  Did she think that she gets to stay and sit down with Kaci and Evan when they talk?  If Evan holds true to his words and chooses Morgan over Kaci, i will just be counting the days until somehow i read that they've broken up because Evan found his new soulmate, sorry, i meant to type "person of the moment".  If his relationship actually lasts with Morgan, I'll be shocked.  Also, if Kaci really wants to be the "bad-ass" girl she is trying to say she is (which I don't buy at all, just her saying words to try to make herself feel better but she really doesn't believe it), when she sees Evan, she shouldn't even allow him to talk.  Just have him stand up and kick him in the balls and keep doing it until the producers pull her away to stop her while screaming at him at how much of a liar and cheater he is.  Then, I'd say that's her being "bad-ass".

Still guessing that Javen is going to propose in the final episode (since next week it looks like we're getting Karl-Nicole and John-Kady, meaning Evan-Kaci and Javen-Shari will be the following week).  I think they close the show with this.  As for Justin with Shari, I'm not surprised by his tactic.  He clearly is physically attracted to Shari and wants to hook up with her.  But unlike someone like Kayla, he's not really respecting the fact that Shari still wants 

Lastly, I'd be curious to find out if when the producers or casting was selecting the singles if the ones they selected matched with one of the couples.  For instance, John has a type and that's Katheryn.  So, did they purposely pick Katheryn figuring that she would land with John?  Did they think that Johnny would end up with Kady or was Johnny there for someone like Kaci?  I'd just be curious but don't think this info will really become available.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I don't really understand where you guys are coming from with John.

He kept the women at arm's length because he didn't actually want to connect with the other women. Why would he want to if he doesn't want to cheat? Of course, you could connect on a human level. But...he did. He's been the most open of the guys about what he's feeling. He didn't use it to try and get some action. We've almost exclusively only seen the guys open up to women they wanted to date. But, John was open with Katheryn and Brittany just because he was open.

He seemed to be worried early on that no one would be into him and already had an idea of how people would look at him. Oh my God! A dad bod!

The man had Kadi on the brain the whole damn time. I don't think he was being phony to the women. He literally didn't want anyone else but her so he held back. Javen was the same way even though he did well just being naturally funny and inviting.

Not saying he's perfect or whatever. He may want a certain type of woman looks wise. Most of us have a type. Doesn't make him a bad person or a creep. 

Even at the most base level, people are going to sympathize with him because we watched Kadi cheat on him almost the whole time and shit on his character as a man while she did it. He never did the same and at the very least never deserved any of that.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, dochielomn said:

Morgan's reaction to be asked to leave was just funny.  Did she think that she gets to stay and sit down with Kaci and Evan when they talk? 

Seriously.  From the beginning she's acted like she thinks this is The Morgan Show.  I don't remember the exact words, but one of the guys told someone they were pretty and she was all over them about "So, you don't think I'm pretty???".  It seems like she has trouble acknowledging that things happen beyond the sphere of her existence.

Edited by leocadia
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Morgan never closes her mouth.  EVER.  Watch for this next episode

This is the look she always has on her face

Temptation-Island-Recap-Kaci-Campbell-Evan-Smith-Morgan-Lolar.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I don't really understand where you guys are coming from with John.

He kept the women at arm's length because he didn't actually want to connect with the other women. Why would he want to if he doesn't want to cheat? Of course, you could connect on a human level. But...he did. He's been the most open of the guys about what he's feeling. He didn't use it to try and get some action. We've almost exclusively only seen the guys open up to women they wanted to date. But, John was open with Katheryn and Brittany just because he was open.

He seemed to be worried early on that no one would be into him and already had an idea of how people would look at him. Oh my God! A dad bod!

The man had Kadi on the brain the whole damn time. I don't think he was being phony to the women. He literally didn't want anyone else but her so he held back. Javen was the same way even though he did well just being naturally funny and inviting.

Not saying he's perfect or whatever. He may want a certain type of woman looks wise. Most of us have a type. Doesn't make him a bad person or a creep. 

Even at the most base level, people are going to sympathize with him because we watched Kadi cheat on him almost the whole time and shit on his character as a man while she did it. He never did the same and at the very least never deserved any of that.

I feel sorry for him not because of the cheating, but because of way she has systematically attacked his manhood. its a shame.

Edited by nlkm9
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size