Type keyword(s) to search

Temptation Island (2019) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, nlkm9 said:

I dont want to sound mean, Im afraid i sound it, but Kaci is not attractive and way too skinny, but sweet, yes. but she wears her heart on her sleeve, and the guys probably sense she isnt looking to be "tempted.

I have to tell you, the idea of a month long fancy vacation in Maui, I can see why people apply for this show. I want the frozen pineapple thing we saw on the show last nite.

what other shows had kathryn been on??

I definitely agree that Kaci is skin and bones but that's how some people are.

As for Katheryn, she was on Teen Mom for a bit (she dated one of the fathers of the teen mom), she was on another dating show, something like First Dates, and then some other Steve Harvey show.  So, can't say I really trust why she is on this show.

As for Morgan, I'm just not a fan.  Mainly at the way she acted in the first or second episode where she told Katheryn she had a crush on Evan and Katheryn told Evan and then Morgan flipped out and was like "you have a crush on me, I don't have a crush on you".  To me, you do that, that means, you clearly had a crush on him.  Now, it seems like it worked out because Evan is just weak.

I also found it funny when John was going on about how Kady was acting weak and Evan is like "what about me, am I weak" and John wanted to say "yes" but didn't want to hurt Evan's feeling so he tried his best to dance around it (with Karl's help).

And whether someone finds John attractive, he definitely comes off (to me at least) at just being a "nice guy".  Now, maybe nice guys finish last.  But if a woman is actually looking for a nice guy, John fits the bill.

• Love 6

Let me get this straight. This bitch Morgan is mad at Evan because he didn't break up with his live-in girlfriend of 5 years, on a 30 second video clip?? Wow! She really is a low-down dirty B. She has zero empathy for the way their actions are affecting anyone but herself. You've known him a week. Kaci has spent five years of her life with him. She deserves at least a face-to-face conversation. What an immature, selfish little girl Morgan is. Ew...just EW!!!

Edited by SallySarue
Spelled a name wrong
  • Love 21

I agree that Nicole and Karl may have both just realized they hadn't put more than surface effort in, so I can see them staying together with this new knowledge just to see if they can make a go at a deeper relationship.

Evan's only realization that he's a scum bag is because of John's take on Kady's actions, not because he actually believes he's one. It's what he thinks everyone else thinks of him. He never would've come to that conclusion on his own.

The producers are evil geniuses for doing this video because it's going to make Morgan paranoid, Kaci more paranoid, Evan guilty ... the perfect bomb right as some people are getting complacent. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Is John the guy who supposedly isn't alpha?  I reallllllllllllllllly don't find him attractive, and I don't like his personality either.  I think Katy is HORRIBLE to him, and I think this Alpha/Beta Male bullshit is incredibly stupid, don't get me wrong, but I just don't get what is so great about (John?)  I can't even remember his name.  He's not attractive, he's just a schlubby guy, and he isn't really even a gentlemen to the temptation women.  Not sure what I'm supposed to call them.

Look at how men like Karl and Javen groom themselves and keep themselves in amazing shape.  I wanted to make some kind of race commentary about it, like the way people treat white men is so fascinating even when they seem mediocre, but unfortunately Evan's body obsession kind of screws up my whole point, 😉

Anyways.  Javen is so hot.  I will miss him when the show is over.

I know Katy is always talking about how nice Shari's ass is, but Katy's body is incredible as well.  Her face is all messed up from her surgeries, but her backside - wowza.  Basically I think Katy likes really douchey guys, and she found one.  LOL.  She seems so happy about it.

Morgan's body is incredible obviously but she has this funny kind of male energy.  Does anyone know what I mean?  She has this really funny "duh" way of staring at people.  LOL.  Maybe it's a regional thing.

If anyone didn't hear, TI is getting renewed for Season 2!

My go to with these types of questions is that, there is nothing for one to get. Not everyone is shallow. Even if that feels extreme, not everyone is drawn to the same thing. 

In particular, with John. He's a challenge but he's a challenge because he's so committed. He's not the only one. But, I feel like there are multiple women here trying to win the game. The game being John's affection. 

Also, he's a very sweet and earnest guy. For many, that's the draw. Not whether or not he has a six pack and in overly groomed. 

I was watching the show with some co workers. More than one woman preferred John because they didn't want a guy walking around looking or trying to look prettier than they are. He looks like a real guy. Not a model. It's a rare and refreshing thing. He was even nervous at first. He didn't think any of the women would want to date him. Which sucks because he's not a troll. Just a average looking guy. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Racj82 said:

My go to with these types of questions is that, there is nothing for one to get. Not everyone is shallow. Even if that feels extreme, not everyone is drawn to the same thing. 

In particular, with John. He's a challenge but he's a challenge because he's so committed. He's not the only one. But, I feel like there are multiple women here trying to win the game. The game being John's affection. 

Also, he's a very sweet and earnest guy. For many, that's the draw. Not whether or not he has a six pack and in overly groomed. 

I was watching the show with some co workers. More than one woman preferred John because they didn't want a guy walking around looking or trying to look prettier than they are. He looks like a real guy. Not a model. It's a rare and refreshing thing. He was even nervous at first. He didn't think any of the women would want to date him. Which sucks because he's not a troll. Just a average looking guy. 

Totally agree about John. Some of the women are into him because it's the show and they just want camera time. But I do think some just like him. I think he's cute and much more the type of guy I would date than the others. I find Javen gorgeous but I wouldn't be interested in trying to date someone who probably spends 2 hours working out every day. There's nothing wrong with that but it isn't my thing. 

I also saw an insane spoiler pic that:

Spoiler

Evan proposes to Morgan and it's being filmed - I guess for a reunion or a special or something. Ridiculous. 

• Love 4

I’m kind of with Morgan about her surprise that Evan didn’t send a video.  He is saying some very, very serious words to Morgan about how he feels about her.  Perhaps Morgan didn’t expect Evan to break up with Kaci but to tell her that this was harder than he expected, he has met someone he is forming a connection with, and he is confused.  If he is as serious about Morgan as he proclaims then he needs to give Kaci a heads up and start laying the groundwork to break up.  It was immature and unfair of Evan and Kady to not communicate with their partners through the videos that their relationship is or may be on shaky ground.  By not telling their partners they aren’t holding to their agreement they are expecting their partner to remain faithful while they are crossing the lines.  That’s just wrong.

• Love 11

Evan and Kady are both awful. They both seem to have very immature outlooks on relationships. Evan cared more about what his boys thought than his girlfriend of 5 years, and he is also just...not bright. I’m sorry. I do not care how many deep talks you’ve had with someone while on a tropical vacation—you cannot actually be in love with someone until you have seen them IRL because you do not actually know them. Until you have seen them interact with their friends and family and waiters at restaurants, been with them after they’ve had a long, bad day at work, or been in the car with them in traffic or lost, you DO NOT KNOW them.  And even if you WERE in love (which, again, they are not), normal people can wait to have sex for the measly 3 weeks it would have taken to get off the island and break up with his girlfriend. 

Also, I just want to push the reality Steve podcast again. It gives interesting background. Evan and kaci were allowed to do anything you would do on a first date—hold hands and a simple kiss, but no real make outs. According to kaci, Evan has always been drawn to drama. And Evan was very angry about Kaci’s proposal ultimatum and thought that there is nothing acceptable about giving ultimatums. Personally, I don’t see a problem with saying “I want to get married and have children soon. I want that to be with you, but if you’re not on the same page, we need to break up.” How is that unfair? He’s just a deeply selfish, self-centered person. Maybe he’ll grow out of that. But maybe not. 

Edited by Mhl2016
To add
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Mhl2016 said:

Evan and Kady are both awful. They both seem to have very immature outlooks on relationships. Evan cared more about what his boys thought than his girlfriend of 5 years, and he is also just...not bright. I’m sorry. I do not care how many deep talks you’ve had with someone while on a tropical vacation—you cannot actually be in love with someone until you have seen them IRL because you do not actually know them. Until you have seen them interact with their friends and family and waiters at restaurants, been with them after they’ve had a long, bad day at work, or been in the car with them in traffic or lost, you DO NOT KNOW them.  And even if you WERE in love (which, again, they are not), normal people can wait to have sex for the measly 3 weeks it would have taken to get off the island and break up with his girlfriend. 

Also, I just want to push the reality Steve podcast again. It gives interesting background. Evan and kaci were allowed to do anything you would do on a first date—hold hands and a simple kiss, but no real make outs. According to kaci, Evan has always been drawn to drama. And Evan was very angry about Kaci’s proposal ultimatum and thought that there is nothing acceptable about giving ultimatums. Personally, I don’t see a problem with saying “I want to get married and have children soon. I want that to be with you, but if you’re not on the same page, we need to break up.” How is that unfair? He’s just a deeply selfish, self-centered person. Maybe he’ll grow out of that. But maybe not. 

Totally agree about how none of these people can truly be "in love" with someone that quickly.  Yes, i know it can happen in real life but I would tend to guess that those types of relationships don't last for a long time (once again, i'm aware that it can happen and there are exceptions but probably not in the case of this show).  If anything, i think rather than say "in love", use a different term like "infatuated".  But in the case of this show it's more like what Karl was saying that you just have some urges and are use to being able to express those urges with your significant other but now you're separated from them and there are other attractive people looking to take advantage of a situation that you're around them and not your significant other.  But the bottom line is, until you're with a person in the real world going through the daily grind of life, I would agree, you can't be saying "i know you" and actually mean it.

Interesting to hear what Kaci and Evan agreed to.  From what the show has showed us thus far, it basically said that Evan and Kaci agreed to act like they were totally single with the one exception of "just don't have sex with anyone".  As for ultimatum's, I can get it, but I'll side with Evan on that.  It's not totally fair for a significant other to say "do this or we're done".  But i do understand having a talk with your significant other to try to get on the same page and understand what each of you wants and are looking for.  But to say "propose or we're done" just comes off to me that now Evan would be proposing for all of the wrong reasons and that's not going to lead to a happy life most likely.  From the show, it sounds like Kaci is blaming her family for putting pressure on her to give an ultimatum and in hind sight, she wouldn't have done that.

To me, what's more interesting with Evan is how his father cheated and then got killed as a direct result.  You'd think that would have traumatized Evan to the point of "i'm never going to cheat ever".  But it doesn't seem like he took that lesson to heart unless his adaptation of it as "i'm not going to cheat with a married person" or "if i'm married, i'm not going to cheat".  However, i guess Evan didn't really do a "lessons learned" mental check from that event.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, dochielomn said:

Totally agree about how none of these people can truly be "in love" with someone that quickly.  Yes, i know it can happen in real life but I would tend to guess that those types of relationships don't last for a long time (once again, i'm aware that it can happen and there are exceptions but probably not in the case of this show).  If anything, i think rather than say "in love", use a different term like "infatuated".  But in the case of this show it's more like what Karl was saying that you just have some urges and are use to being able to express those urges with your significant other but now you're separated from them and there are other attractive people looking to take advantage of a situation that you're around them and not your significant other.  But the bottom line is, until you're with a person in the real world going through the daily grind of life, I would agree, you can't be saying "i know you" and actually mean it.

Interesting to hear what Kaci and Evan agreed to.  From what the show has showed us thus far, it basically said that Evan and Kaci agreed to act like they were totally single with the one exception of "just don't have sex with anyone".  As for ultimatum's, I can get it, but I'll side with Evan on that.  It's not totally fair for a significant other to say "do this or we're done".  But i do understand having a talk with your significant other to try to get on the same page and understand what each of you wants and are looking for.  But to say "propose or we're done" just comes off to me that now Evan would be proposing for all of the wrong reasons and that's not going to lead to a happy life most likely.  From the show, it sounds like Kaci is blaming her family for putting pressure on her to give an ultimatum and in hind sight, she wouldn't have done that.

To me, what's more interesting with Evan is how his father cheated and then got killed as a direct result.  You'd think that would have traumatized Evan to the point of "i'm never going to cheat ever".  But it doesn't seem like he took that lesson to heart unless his adaptation of it as "i'm not going to cheat with a married person" or "if i'm married, i'm not going to cheat".  However, i guess Evan didn't really do a "lessons learned" mental check from that event.

The thing that gets me about this whole “I’m in luuuuuv” thing is also Johnny’s little “oh Kady can really be her real self around me” - like shit, honey, you’ve known her for a few weeks at most, I’m fairly sure you couldn’t tell the difference between her “real” self and her television persona.  Though, I don’t think Kady can either...

The fact is that she is loving having two men fight over her.  I sincerely doubt that she will end up with anyone at the end. She deserves to be alone after the way she has treated John

• Love 4
15 hours ago, dochielomn said:

As for Katheryn, she was on Teen Mom for a bit (she dated one of the fathers of the teen mom), she was on another dating show, something like First Dates, and then some other Steve Harvey show.  So, can't say I really trust why she is on this show.

As for Morgan, I'm just not a fan.  Mainly at the way she acted in the first or second episode where she told Katheryn she had a crush on Evan and Katheryn told Evan and then Morgan flipped out and was like "you have a crush on me, I don't have a crush on you".  To me, you do that, that means, you clearly had a crush on him.  Now, it seems like it worked out because Evan is just weak.

I also found it funny when John was going on about how Kady was acting weak and Evan is like "what about me, am I weak" and John wanted to say "yes" but didn't want to hurt Evan's feeling so he tried his best to dance around it (with Karl's help).

And whether someone finds John attractive, he definitely comes off (to me at least) at just being a "nice guy".  Now, maybe nice guys finish last.  But if a woman is actually looking for a nice guy, John fits the bill.

Good LORD - Katheryn dated Ryan Edwards on Teen Moom OG?!?!?!  Dodged a huge bullet there. 

Considering I've seen Kady online sporting a MAGA hat... I'm not thinking her relationship with Wynn was going anywhere. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, jenifaohjenny said:

Good LORD - Katheryn dated Ryan Edwards on Teen Moom OG?!?!?!  Dodged a huge bullet there. 

Considering I've seen Kady online sporting a MAGA hat... I'm not thinking her relationship with Wynn was going anywhere. 

Kady has been using coded language this whole time. Everytime she was with Wynn, she kept saying he's not the type of guy I date, against type or whatever but would never say what the hell that means. She's totally saying she doesn't date black dudes. Which is fine but i can see through all of her not the usual type of guy comments she makes.

• Love 5

@Sarahsmile416, i agree that none of these people really know the singles that they're living with. Kaci said it best when she said was referring to Evan being in fantasy land or something like that.  Right now, everyone is on vacation where they don't have to worry about anything.  Presumingly, food and beverages (especially alcoholic beverages) are plentiful and probably even encouraged but most important, are free.  They're in a place that has great weather and basically have no expenses (not sure if they had to buy their own plane ticket of if they were flown out there and back for free).  So yeah, their life is quite easy at the moment.  But I will also say that i thought Kady kind of made it clear to Wynn that she was more interested in Johnny at the moment when Wynn asked her earlier if she was still interested in him.  I'd honestly have to go back and rewatch that scene.  But i think Wynn is just jealous and pissed that she's picking Johnny over him after some of the things she said to Wynn.  So hence, he attempted to "block" Johnny by knocking on Kady's bedroom door while Johnny was in there.

@jenifaohjenny, yeah, Katheryn did date Ryan Edwards.  But i think that was many years ago as when I tried to do a quick search, I was able to find a picture of Katheryn with a much younger Bentley, maybe he was like 1 or 2 yrs old or something (Katheryn's face also looks younger and she has more brunette colored hair or at least more of dirty blonde hair color).  So, definitely awhile back.  As for Kady and Wynn, I kind of got the feeling from the get go that Kady comes from a background that might not be so accepting to an inter-racial couple.  Just my gut feeling or interpretation when listening to Kady talk to Wynn early on.  Doesn't mean that Kady wouldn't.  But not sure if she would actually get serious with a situation like that.

I'd also be interested to find out which part of the couples signed up or convinced the other half to be on the show.  It sounds like Kaci was the driving force in their relationship.  Someone else mentioned that Kady convinced John.  So that leaves Karl/Nicole and Javen/Shari.  From these 2, i think Karl and Nicole is 50-50 but maybe Karl pushed for them to go on it since he seems to have more trust issues/concerns that Nicole.  As for Shari and Javen, I think this had to be Shari's idea.  I think had Javen approached her with this, her response would have been to cut off his genitals while he was sleeping, :).

• Love 3

Normally I think ultimatums are a bad idea, but when it comes to planning the rest of her life, I can’t really fault Kaci for saying that after 5 years if they aren’t going to get married then she needs to move on. I doubt she worded it like a threat, but more that women are limited when it comes to childbearing years, and if there’s no marriage in their future she deserves to know that so she can start over with someone new because the clock will keep ticking. Evan was too wishy washy, chicken and selfish  to be honest with her then, just like he is now.

She will have to meet someone, have a connection, date them and build on that, get engaged, get married and then start trying to have children, so she’s looking at possibly years, and it’s not fair for Evan to waste any more of that time just because he likes having her there for support and adoration. I’m glad she is going to get the answer she needs from this, and I hope she heeds it. Morgan should run, too, if she really does think she wants a future with him.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Irritable said:

Normally I think ultimatums are a bad idea, but when it comes to planning the rest of her life, I can’t really fault Kaci for saying that after 5 years if they aren’t going to get married then she needs to move on. I doubt she worded it like a threat, but more that women are limited when it comes to childbearing years, and if there’s no marriage in their future she deserves to know that so she can start over with someone new because the clock will keep ticking. Evan was too wishy washy, chicken and selfish  to be honest with her then, just like he is now.

She will have to meet someone, have a connection, date them and build on that, get engaged, get married and then start trying to have children, so she’s looking at possibly years, and it’s not fair for Evan to waste any more of that time just because he likes having her there for support and adoration. I’m glad she is going to get the answer she needs from this, and I hope she heeds it. Morgan should run, too, if she really does think she wants a future with him.

She had her answer that he wasn't worth her time when he continuously treated on her in the past. She didn't need this show to prove it. He verbally said he didn't want to get married to her. Evan is a douche but she wasted her own time.

• Love 8

Assuming that ultimately Kaci and Evan break up (i still think Evan convinces her that he messed up on the island and wants to be with her and that she agrees to stay with him and make it work but then post show we find out that they broke up like a month later or something like that), that Kaci won't wait so long with the next guy she dates.  Basically, since she's like 27 or 28, i would expect that her next relationship will move pretty fast in terms of being engaged inside of 6 months.  Kaci is implying that she receives a lot of family pressure and has younger cousins that already have multiple kids so I'd imagine that Kaci feels the need to keep up.

As for the ultimatum thing, i'd hope Kaci gave it in a way that was more of a calm mature talk as oppose to an actual threat.  But either way, Kaci still needs to take her equal share of the blame for staying with Evan.  He must have told her that while maybe some day he might want to marry her, right now, that's not in his thoughts.  So, at this point, Kaci has to make up her own mind of "is she willing to wait" or "should she cut ties, move on, and find someone else".  Heck, the latter strategy might even work if secretly she wanted to keep Evan.  Maybe he sees her with another guy and gets jealous and then tells her that he wants to marry her.  Granted, it would still probably be for the wrong reasons and the relationship would probably end up failing in the end.

They both said on the show that Evan had claimed wasn’t ready to get married “yet”, not that he didn’t want to ever marry Kaci. He may have thought that one day he would be ready, who knows, but if he had flat out said “I’m not ever going to marry you, Kaci” then she wouldn’t have bothered to get this far.  He’s already telling Morgan he wants to spend the rest of his life with her after two weeks or whatever, so he’s obviously able to say things to keep women around without necessarily being able to back it up. Because he’s selfish and cares more about his own gratification than anything else.

• Love 7

Even with Evan using the word yet, that's still pretty open ended and Kaci should be taking responsibility for staying with him.  Just saying that Kaci is not without blame for the situation she's in (pre show and now during the show).

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Booger666 said:

Perhaps Morgan didn’t expect Evan to break up with Kaci but to tell her that this was harder than he expected, he has met someone he is forming a connection with, and he is confused.

Nope, Whorgan straight up said that she's mad that Evan didn't tell Kaci that their relationship is over. Sounds like breaking up to me.

• Love 2
On 2/28/2019 at 1:15 PM, dochielomn said:

I'd also be interested to find out which part of the couples signed up or convinced the other half to be on the show.  It sounds like Kaci was the driving force in their relationship.  Someone else mentioned that Kady convinced John.  So that leaves Karl/Nicole and Javen/Shari.  From these 2, i think Karl and Nicole is 50-50 but maybe Karl pushed for them to go on it since he seems to have more trust issues/concerns that Nicole.  As for Shari and Javen, I think this had to be Shari's idea.  I think had Javen approached her with this, her response would have been to cut off his genitals while he was sleeping, :).

Ended up re-watching the last episode again and it does sound like Karl is the one who pushed Nicole to do the show, so it really only leaves Shari and Javen as to who was the one to suggest doing the show.

On 2/28/2019 at 12:30 PM, Irritable said:

This is exactly what happened to me in my late 20s, and exactly what I did. We had been dating for six years—I knew I wanted kids and I wanted to have them all before 35. It wasn't even an angry or mean conversation. Basically, I said I had hoped to marry and have kids with you, but if you still aren't ready, I have to move on and I have to move on now. 

You can't give an "ultimatum" (although I'm not convinced that what I said was one) without being prepared for the consequences and I was. I fully expected that we would break up and I knew that as hard and difficult as that would be, it would be the right thing.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 2/27/2019 at 9:15 PM, SallySarue said:

Let me get this straight. This bitch Morgan is mad at Evan because he didn't break up with his live-in girlfriend of 5 years, on a 30 second video clip?? Wow! She really is a low-down dirty B. She has zero empathy for the way their actions are affecting anyone but herself. You've known him a week. Kaci has spent five years of her life with him. She deserves at least a face-to-face conversation. What an immature, selfish little girl Morgan is. Ew...just EW!!!

This times infinity!!!!

Very rarely am I surprised by the behavior of the desperate attention whores that go on these shows, but I couldn't believe the audacity of this girl. 

She is a special kind of selfish. 

Edited by Lisapooh
  • Love 6
On 2/27/2019 at 9:24 PM, dochielomn said:

Im probably unfair to kathryn, but I have an instant dislike for anyone that has injected lips like that, plus her mother (yes her mother) made a very ridiculous RUDE comment on facebook comment, something like John was a cheater and licking peanut butter off someone was like licking the shaft of a penis. I was seriously shocked!!! ugh.

1 hour ago, Lisapooh said:

This times infinity!!!!

Very rarely am I surprised by the behavior of the desperate attention whores that go on these shows, but I couldn't believe the audacity of this girl. 

She is a special kind of selfish. 

yes I commented on that also!!!disgusting atttitude!!! karma karma

• Love 1
On 2/28/2019 at 9:40 AM, Mhl2016 said:

again, if she really wanted a commitment more than anything her first mistake was moving in with him without having a ring. not that it would help matters, but seems like she is always giving in to him. she is a sweet girl and really she will make some guy really happy!!! just not him.

On 2/27/2019 at 7:06 PM, toodywoody said:

I loved how Evan was more concerned about what John thought of him instead of the gf he brought here and has known for years.

I thought he was putting out feelers to see what John thought in hopes of getting a "don't worry about it"  answer.  He is feeling very guilty and wanted to hear,  this is what we came to do, right? 

• Love 1

Evan has cheated and this makes Kaci insecure which is a normal reaction.  She mistakenly thinks if they marry his cheating will stop.   Poor girl.   And Morgan, open your eyes girl!  

• Love 4

I don't subscribe to the old adage of don't move in with someone if what you really want is to marry them. I remember that was a common train of thought a few decades ago, but not so much now.

My son has lived with his now-fiancee for about 3 years and are planning to marry in Nov. She is a few years older than him and had made it known she's not getting any younger and she wants to have children, but with her husband, not outside of marriage. My son was non-committal on the child topic with her, with me, with everyone...so I bluntly told him if he really didn't want children, he needs to cut her loose so she can find someone else. He finally proposed last summer and now wishes he'd done it a lot sooner. 

IMHO, Evan is not attractive at all, physically nor personality-wise. I know he can't help it, but the dark circles around his eyes are very distracting. He is very immature and whomever is with him will continue to deal with his issues.

John can do so much better than Kady. She loves to emasculate him every chance she gets. It appears she prefers what I refer to as "dick swingers" - guys who are overtly macho, need to feel superior to all other guys by having the biggest, bestest whatever is being discussed. John is an Everyman to me. He seems like a big teddy bear who is sensitive and considerate. His looks are average, but then I wouldn't want my guy to be drop-dead gorgeous - looks change, but ugly runs deep - and I'm in no way gorgeous, so there's that, too. He has a lot of the same qualities as my hubby, come to think of it.

Jason, the architect, is the best-looking guy there, sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders and is well-spoken. The girls would benefit listening to what he has to say and take heed. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Bucket said:

Evan has cheated and this makes Kaci insecure which is a normal reaction.  She mistakenly thinks if they marry his cheating will stop.   Poor girl.   And Morgan, open your eyes girl!  

morgan, like many women, feel like they "are the one" and the behavior will magically stop. as soon as the newness wears off and theyre not staying in this incredible resort in maui with their every need tended to (yes Im jelous lol) he will look elsewhere. Even is so screwed, a lot having to with his fathers murder and he needs help to fill whatever it is he keeps running from. I feel a bit sorry for him. Kaci is probably the nicest person he will ever have in his life. 😞

• Love 6
(edited)

Evan is like the human equivalent of a dog getting distracted by a squirrel meme. He can only focus on what’s in front of him that exact moment. He’s all-in with Morgan when Morgan is there without a care in the world toward Kaci. But when he sees John getting upset, he realizes oh, wait, I did that, too. I’m not sure whether he has no EQ or self-awareness, or it’s the other extreme that he’s such an empath that he feels what Morgan feels when he’s with her and then he feels what “the boys” feel when he’s with them. But I think it’s hilarious that his face actively portrays every thought going through his head the moment it hits him—as if he’s never thought of it before. Everyone else on this show at least has mixed feelings and the capacity to think of one person while with another person. Not Evan! It makes me wonder about his cheating dad and cheaters in general. Is that a key personality trait of a cheater to just be able to tune out whichever person is not in your immediate vicinity?  

Edited by JenE4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

I have been lurking these forums for years to enjoy other insights on my secret guilty pleasures of watching the Bachelor franchises, Sister Wives, etc, but after binging the Temptation Island reboot overnight I’ve actually been motivated to join and post.  I vaguely remember the previous versions, but didn’t watch them religiously so I wouldn’t know a previous participant if you posted pics.

After watching this season within  the span of a few hours, I remain dumbfounded at the treatment some of these people withstand from their partner with the hope of them ‘changing’ over time!  Even if they stay together, Kady will never be 100% all in with John and he deserves much better respect/treatment from a significant other.  Don’t get me started with Kaci! I don’t believe in ‘once a cheater, always a cheater’ because you wouldn’t be tempted to cheat if you are with the person you are truly meant to be with even if you have cheated in the past.  I’d forgive Evan’s  transgressions from early in the relationship when they were both very young, but now it’s inexcusable and IMO they should part ways now.  How could he ever face her and her family after this?  I don’t like the way he referred to this as an “experiment”.  Their actions have real world consequences that will follow them for the rest of their lives if they stay together.  The other couples seem to have a more realistic attitude toward this or maybe they all just wanted to frolic on the beach for a few weeks!  Who knows?  😎

Ok, end of my rambles; ty for reading, and please keep posting your observations and opinions!  

• Love 10
On 2/28/2019 at 12:34 PM, jenifaohjenny said:

whoa I dont watch teen Mom but yeah y daughter told me about Ryan, its interesting to me how these "reality show types" always find a way to date people to get on tv..sort of how bachelor colton "coincindentally" dated Tia before he was cast on the bachlorette. these people have reality tv radar I guess.

• Love 1
(edited)

Including tomorrow (March 5), there are only 4 episodes left.

Also, for anyone's interest, i stumbled across this over the weekend- https://vimeo.com/user87270695/videos

The above link gives a bunch of people on the show their video resume as to why they should be on the show.  All the couples are there (can't say i've had a chance to watch them all) and a bunch of the singles are here as well.  One interesting thing to note was on Katheryn's video, i think i remember her saying she was not a "sit at home and watch tv/movies type of person" and I kind of get the sense that that's exactly how John would prefer to be.  I think John doesn't mind going out from time to time but I'd bet he prefer to stay in and chill.  So, if somehow him and Katheryn decide to give it a go on the show, i don't think their relationship is set to last.  Then again, who knows.  Sometimes that's the balance you need or can work in a relationship.

*edit- so I did watch Kady-John and Kaci-Evan and it's really funny to watch what they say vs. how they've acted on the show.  I'll get around to watching Karl-Nicole and Javen-Shari (somehow they have 2 videos).  Also, these videos list their professions which I don't recall the show mentioning before as well.  

Edited by dochielomn
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

whoa I dont watch teen Mom but yeah y daughter told me about Ryan, its interesting to me how these "reality show types" always find a way to date people to get on tv..sort of how bachelor colton "coincindentally" dated Tia before he was cast on the bachlorette. these people have reality tv radar I guess.

I doubt she meant tomdate someone going on TV. The First Dates thing was apparently her sister signing her up for it which led to her appearance on Steve Harvey’s show. Not sure the circumstances of appearing on this show.

13 hours ago, dochielomn said:

So, if somehow him and Katheryn decide to give it a go on the show, i don't think their relationship is set to last.

That "relationship" will end at the exact moment the camera stops rolling.  She isn't interested in him, she's interested in being featured on tv and playing up to him is her best way to do that.  

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Skyfall said:

I doubt she meant tomdate someone going on TV. The First Dates thing was apparently her sister signing her up for it which led to her appearance on Steve Harvey’s show. Not sure the circumstances of appearing on this show.

great coincidence then, huh? shes on her 3 rd reality show "ooops how did I get here". 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

great coincidence then, huh? shes on her 3 rd reality show "ooops how did I get here". 

Well she probably got recruited and a vacation to Hawaii and some money isn’t a bad deal.

40 minutes ago, Skyfall said:

Well she probably got recruited and a vacation to Hawaii and some money isn’t a bad deal.

Yeah, in one of my earlier posts i did question whether or not Katheryn was there to actually find love or just to be on tv.  Seems like ever since her introduction on the show, her behavior is all about "how do i get air time".  Personally, i really don't think you go on reality tv to find a long lasting relationship or love.  If reality tv has taught us anything, it's that it usually ends up breaking up long time marriages or relationships....

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Skyfall said:

I meant how did she end up on teen mom--heck yeah, a month long vacation at those gorgeous resort would be tough to turn away. but this is her third reality show so well see, as i said before Colton on the bachelor just so coincidentally dating Tia before his stint on the bachelorette when she was the rumored "ette" I say there are few coincidences in these shows.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

I meant how did she end up on teen mom--heck yeah, a month long vacation at those gorgeous resort would be tough to turn away. but this is her third reality show so well see, as i said before Colton on the bachelor just so coincidentally dating Tia before his stint on the bachelorette when she was the rumored "ette" I say there are few coincidences in these shows.

I mean he could’ve applied or whatever and then she got dragged into it.

10 hours ago, Skyfall said:

I mean he could’ve applied or whatever and then she got dragged into it.

we can agree to disagree--when you are on 2, 3 or more reality shows its a pattern...and hey its their life. but it makes you wonder what their true intention is towards that person. I dont feel like Kathyrn gets dragged into anything lol. If she dated ryan from teen mom, I would say John is  a major upgrade.

so now John feels he can cheat on Cady cause she did. If I was kathyrn I would be aware theres very much a revenge factor there.

• Love 4

I can’t imagine being Kaci and watching your long-time BF ask another woman to be his GF to a round of applause of shouts of “true love!”.  That was brutal.  Sad sack Kaci is now backing off from her earlier claim that it’s over if he cheats cause she 100% knows he is daily getting busy with Morgan.  Geez Kaci, he’s just not that into you.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, nlkm9 said:

we can agree to disagree--when you are on 2, 3 or more reality shows its a pattern...and hey its their life. but it makes you wonder what their true intention is towards that person. I dont feel like Kathyrn gets dragged into anything lol. If she dated ryan from teen mom, I would say John is  a major upgrade.

so now John feels he can cheat on Cady cause she did. If I was kathyrn I would be aware theres very much a revenge factor there.

I'd guess that for Teen Mom, Katheryn somehow managed to meet Ryan and then decided to date him (perhaps because she knew he was on a tv show or maybe it was random).  I can give her a little bit of the doubt on that one since it was long ago.  After that, well....

As for John kissing Katheryn now because he feels that Kady is also hooking up, I mean, Hannah kind of called John out on that a few episodes again.  At this point, Katheryn doesn't really care. 

Evan/Kaci- It's funny listening to what Kaci is saying about Evan as clearly she knows Evan but doesn't really know which Evan is the "real Evan".  The guy that is impulsive and just acts in the now or the guy that she thinks he was before they came to the island.  Evan seems like the guy who just can't resist repeated temptation.  Maybe once or twice he'll stop but sooner or later, he's going to give in.  As for saying that Morgan is his girlfriend....just WOW.  But I loved how Kaci was quick to point out that as soon as they go back to reality, Evan and Morgan are going to have a rude awakening.  Although, on a slight side note, if you watched Morgan's resume video thing, it almost sounds like she is a female version of Evan so maybe that's why they get along and maybe they deserve each other since I'm not sure either of them can really be trusted for any sort of long term relationship.  At this point, the show is really just about what Evan is doing for these 2.  Kaci really seems closed off from doing anything with any of the guys.  At this point, her objective is to just talk with Evan and figure out where to go from there.  I'll be somewhat surprised if Kaci hooks up in any way (even just a peck on the cheek) with any of the remaining guys in her house.  Also, have to wonder, since we can assume that Evan and Morgan had sex, can we also presume that they're now sleeping with each other every night?  I know we're not seeing it on camera, but since Evan crossed the line and didn't tell Morgan that they need to stop but instead is mentioning her as a girlfriend, then you'd have to assume that they're getting it on each and every day, right?

Karl/Nicole- Nicole just doesn't seem to care anymore.  She feels that she's grown and self reflected and is appears she's already mentally moved on,  As for Karl, not sure what the whole naked thing was about (was that part of the scavenger hunt thing they were doing?) but clearly Brittney wants to get with him and to Karl's credit, he's resisting.  But I'm not sure how long that's going to last.  I wouldn't be totally surprised if he gives in to Brittney but at the same point, since there are no more bonfire videos to make Karl feel like Nicole is crossing a line, perhaps Karl is able to resist.  I guess we'll see.

John/Kady- Wasn't Kady's video that John watched from the previous week and not from this past episode?  As for what Kady got to see, I was laughing because she has to know that she was making out with Johnny so who is she to get really upset and call John out for it?  Kind of hypocritical.  But then again. that's how some people are (in terms of, i get to do whatever i want but how dare you if you try to do whatever you want).  I also wasn't really suprised that Wynn had to pack up and go.  Based on last week's episode, you knew Kady was done with him.

Javen/Shari- at this point, i think the producers would like a redo.  These 2 are doing nothing on the show.  At this point, they're just hanging out and having fun but without trying to romantically do anything with any of the singles.  At the beginning, Shari was just being insane and overly dramatic so i could understand them being cast on the show.    But maybe it was all an act or maybe Shari matured or something happened because now she seems chill and Javen hasn't even come close to crossing any lines and is just being cool and relaxed on the show as well.  So, good for both of them.

At this point, I wonder what's the real point of keeping the non-connected singles on the island.  For the single girls, you got Katheryn, Brittney, and Morgan.  I think Javen will continue to "date" Kayla so I'm not sure what's left.  Basically, they should just tell Javen to select 1 girl and tell the others to leave because for the most part everyone is paired off.  For the single guys, you just have Tyler and Johnny and probably Justin (since Shari enjoys hanging with him).  So, tell Kaci to keep 1 guy and the rest can pack up.  And the one guy that Kaci selects can then just sit there and listen to her cry on and on about Evan until he leaves a note to Mark Wahlberg that he's packed his bags and headed to airport.

So, for prediction purposes, i still only think that Javen and Shari should stay together.  Kaci needs to move on from Evan but i can easily see her taking him back if he tells her he wants another chance because Kaci just doesn't know how to be by herself at this point and time and needs some real alone time to figure things out for herself.  John might be willing to forgive Kady is she hasn't already slept with Johnny, but in reality, Kady is never going to truly love John and so these 2 should move on.  Karl and Nicole...Nicole just seems to be done with it and so in reality these two should separate for a little while and maybe possibly date again in the future if they still wanted to give it another chance.  But right now, I'd say go your own way.

Edited by dochielomn
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

As an argument both for and against Kathryn, I do have 2 friends who have each been approached for multiple reality shows, so they didn’t seek it out, but they both turned the offers down, so...

one of those friends actually reminds me so much of Evan in terms of her outlook on relationships. Like, it’s not real love to her unless it’s butterflies and passion all the time. And she falls hard and fast, but the minute it’s a stable, healthy relationship, she’s bored. At one point, she started seeing the ex husband of another one of our friends, which was obviously quite scandalous. I just told that friend (the ex wife) to ignore it and act like it didn’t bother her at all. As long she (the ex wife) made a big deal out of it or let everyone else react to it, my friend (the drama queen) was going to see it as a challenge and like a Romeo and Juliet meant to be kind of love. And as soon as the ex wife stepped back, my friend got bored and dumped him. I think Evan is the same way with Morgan. He’s all about the shiny and new and magic of this experience, and if he and Morgan try to make it work outside of the island, he is going to fight for the relationship as long as people are attacking them on twitter or wherever. The minute the audience forgets about them and she moves to California to be with him, he’s going to get bored and move on to the next shiny object.  Kaci is lucky to be rid of him, and I actually really believed her when she said she feels bad for Morgan. I think she knows that’s how he operates, and doesn’t blame the other woman.

• Love 4

Watching those audition videos proved that Evan DID repeatedly promise Kaci he was going to marry her.  And now he’s asked Morgan to be his girlfriend before he’s even told Kaci it’s over. What a slime. And I think this whole experience is going to have an affect on her initial claims going in that if he’s not going to marry her, there are a million other guys dying to.  We never saw any of the Temptors show any interest in Kaci aside from friendliness, so she’s going out with Evan shitting all over her, and no one else even having been interested in her.  She’s got to have had a tough as hell time once she got back home and I guess had to move in with her parents or something, wondering how her entire life fell apart so hard and fast. She’s better off, sure, but getting to a confident and happy mindset again could not have been easy.  I wish I could give her a makeover, starting with a haircut that flatters her face. 

I think Karl is the most attractive man there, both in looks and personality.  I’m not expecting him and Nicole to stay together, she seems totally over him already, but he should have no trouble finding someone else who wants to fully appreciate him. Maybe he and Brittany could try to see each other after the show, she’s waaaaay into him. 

I don’t think Kathryn wants to date John after the show, even if they already lived in the same town, or even next door to each other. I think she’s 100% just with him for the screen time.

• Love 11
32 minutes ago, Irritable said:

Watching those audition videos proved that Evan DID repeatedly promise Kaci he was going to marry her.  And now he’s asked Morgan to be his girlfriend before he’s even told Kaci it’s over. What a slime. And I think this whole experience is going to have an affect on her initial claims going in that if he’s not going to marry her, there are a million other guys dying to.  We never saw any of the Temptors show any interest in Kaci aside from friendliness, so she’s going out with Evan shitting all over her, and no one else even having been interested in her.  She’s got to have had a tough as hell time once she got back home and I guess had to move in with her parents or something, wondering how her entire life fell apart so hard and fast. She’s better off, sure, but getting to a confident and happy mindset again could not have been easy.  I wish I could give her a makeover, starting with a haircut that flatters her face. 

I think Karl is the most attractive man there, both in looks and personality.  I’m not expecting him and Nicole to stay together, she seems totally over him already, but he should have no trouble finding someone else who wants to fully appreciate him. Maybe he and Brittany could try to see each other after the show, she’s waaaaay into him. 

I don’t think Kathryn wants to date John after the show, even if they already lived in the same town, or even next door to each other. I think she’s 100% just with him for the screen time.

I feel nothing for Kaci and her who is the real Evan nonsense. It's all the same person. If you are still trying to separate the two than this is the situation you will continue to be in. Evan is garbage but he was very obvious garbage. And the guys aren't interested in her because she kept them all at arm's length. She's also not very attractive but mostly the former is the problem. Hate to shit on her looks but yeah. She's not the type that is cut out for this show in many ways. Hopefully she grows a backbone soon.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, dochielomn said:

I'd guess that for Teen Mom, Katheryn somehow managed to meet Ryan and then decided to date him (perhaps because she knew he was on a tv show or maybe it was random).  I can give her a little bit of the doubt on that one since it was long ago.  After that, well....

As for John kissing Katheryn now because he feels that Kady is also hooking up, I mean, Hannah kind of called John out on that a few episodes again.  At this point, Katheryn doesn't really care. 

Evan/Kaci- It's funny listening to what Kaci is saying about Evan as clearly she knows Evan but doesn't really know which Evan is the "real Evan".  The guy that is impulsive and just acts in the now or the guy that she thinks he was before they came to the island.  Evan seems like the guy who just can't resist repeated temptation.  Maybe once or twice he'll stop but sooner or later, he's going to give in.  As for saying that Morgan is his girlfriend....just WOW.  But I loved how Kaci was quick to point out that as soon as they go back to reality, Evan and Morgan are going to have a rude awakening.  Although, on a slight side note, if you watched Morgan's resume video thing, it almost sounds like she is a female version of Evan so maybe that's why they get along and maybe they deserve each other since I'm not sure either of them can really be trusted for any sort of long term relationship.  At this point, the show is really just about what Evan is doing for these 2.  Kaci really seems closed off from doing anything with any of the guys.  At this point, her objective is to just talk with Evan and figure out where to go from there.  I'll be somewhat surprised if Kaci hooks up in any way (even just a peck on the cheek) with any of the remaining guys in her house.  Also, have to wonder, since we can assume that Evan and Morgan had sex, can we also presume that they're now sleeping with each other every night?  I know we're not seeing it on camera, but since Evan crossed the line and didn't tell Morgan that they need to stop but instead is mentioning her as a girlfriend, then you'd have to assume that they're getting it on each and every day, right?

Karl/Nicole- Nicole just doesn't seem to care anymore.  She feels that she's grown and self reflected and is appears she's already mentally moved on,  As for Karl, not sure what the whole naked thing was about (was that part of the scavenger hunt thing they were doing?) but clearly Brittney wants to get with him and to Karl's credit, he's resisting.  But I'm not sure how long that's going to last.  I wouldn't be totally surprised if he gives in to Brittney but at the same point, since there are no more bonfire videos to make Karl feel like Nicole is crossing a line, perhaps Karl is able to resist.  I guess we'll see.

John/Kady- Wasn't Kady's video that John watched from the previous week and not from this past episode?  As for what Kady got to see, I was laughing because she has to know that she was making out with Johnny so who is she to get really upset and call John out for it?  Kind of hypocritical.  But then again. that's how some people are (in terms of, i get to do whatever i want but how dare you if you try to do whatever you want).  I also wasn't really suprised that Wynn had to pack up and go.  Based on last week's episode, you knew Kady was done with him.

Javen/Shari- at this point, i think the producers would like a redo.  These 2 are doing nothing on the show.  At this point, they're just hanging out and having fun but without trying to romantically do anything with any of the singles.  At the beginning, Shari was just being insane and overly dramatic so i could understand them being cast on the show.    But maybe it was all an act or maybe Shari matured or something happened because now she seems chill and Javen hasn't even come close to crossing any lines and is just being cool and relaxed on the show as well.  So, good for both of them.

At this point, I wonder what's the real point of keeping the non-connected singles on the island.  For the single girls, you got Katheryn, Brittney, and Morgan.  I think Javen will continue to "date" Kayla so I'm not sure what's left.  Basically, they should just tell Javen to select 1 girl and tell the others to leave because for the most part everyone is paired off.  For the single guys, you just have Tyler and Johnny and probably Justin (since Shari enjoys hanging with him).  So, tell Kaci to keep 1 guy and the rest can pack up.  And the one guy that Kaci selects can then just sit there and listen to her cry on and on about Evan until he leaves a note to Mark Wahlberg that he's packed his bags and headed to airport.

So, for prediction purposes, i still only think that Javen and Shari should stay together.  Kaci needs to move on from Evan but i can easily see her taking him back if he tells her he wants another chance because Kaci just doesn't know how to be by herself at this point and time and needs some real alone time to figure things out for herself.  John might be willing to forgive Kady is she hasn't already slept with Johnny, but in reality, Kady is never going to truly love John and so these 2 should move on.  Karl and Nicole...Nicole just seems to be done with it and so in reality these two should separate for a little while and maybe possibly date again in the future if they still wanted to give it another chance.  But right now, I'd say go your own way.

Bravo! Great post! Ditto to all this! The only thing i’d add is that the producers probably are glad that Javen and Shari are growing and will come out of this a stronger, healthier couple as opposed to completely decimating their relationships like everyone else. They need one “success story” to sucker future couples into casting. We’re going to come out of this getting married like Shari and Javen. Meanwhile, your girl might be a Kady or your guy might be an Evan. Or, if you’re both a Nicole-Karl, then you probably won’t care. But otherwise you need some sort of glimmer of hope to think this is a good idea!

11 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

I feel nothing for Kaci and her who is the real Evan nonsense. It's all the same person. If you are still trying to separate the two than this is the situation you will continue to be in. Evan is garbage but he was very obvious garbage. And the guys aren't interested in her because she kept them all at arm's length. She's also not very attractive but mostly the former is the problem. Hate to shit on her looks but yeah. She's not the type that is cut out for this show in many ways. Hopefully she grows a backbone soon.

Right. This is who Evan is. He wasn’t a “new Evan” because he managed to keep his pants on for a few months or whatever. Sure, people can change, but he’s shown Kaci that he’s not one of those people—not with her anyway. This isn’t the old Evan, it’s just Evan. I realize Kaci regrets taking him on this show because she thought this exercise in ultimatum would push him her way, but be glad you finally got your answer and move on with your life.

• Love 11