Type keyword(s) to search

Temptation Island (2019) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

I’m not at all surprised Evan made out with Morgan.  If you have been with someone off and on for 10yrs and they refuse to commit to you then there is a reason.  Evan has affection for Kaci, but does not want a future with her.  She needs to move on to someone who wants to create a family with her.

or he wants a future with her with zero commitment..because wile he is very attracted to Morgan (she has a beautiful figure), but just wants to come and go as he pleases. She has put herself in this situation by moving in with him. I really like her but cant stand her pitiful "this is all my fault bla bla" I want to shake her and say Girl, in a realtionship both people have to be happy and fulfilled--he is happy with the status quo--she is not. you should never compromise just to suit someone, it breeds resentment. By the way, that resort looks so frikking amazing and all those activities--wow!!

• Love 2

Yeah, Kaci needs to realize it doesn’t matter that she gave him an ultimatum or moved in with him.  She could become a 5 star chef who wins the lottery, constantly wears lingerie and has courtside seats to the Lakers; and he would still cheat, leave and come back.  I feel bad for Kaci and Morgan as I think Evan is going to enjoy hooking up with Morgan and at the end dump her to get back with Kaci because it’s his cycle.  🤷‍♀️ 

Edited by Booger666
  • Love 9
On 1/23/2019 at 2:47 AM, CoyoteBlue said:

Seriously, what was the deal with Javen acting like he made out with most of the house when all we (OR SHARI) saw was a girl trying to take his arm and him shooting her down? Shari just bawling and "never forgiving" him, etc. WTF?

On 1/24/2019 at 3:20 PM, Irritable said:

I was very invested in the story about Evan’s dad when it first came out. He was missing for a looooong time before his remains were finally found out in the desert.  Several of the true crime shows have covered his story, and I can’t help but wonder if that’s a big reason why he and Kaci made it on to this show.  They are both kind of two-faces, kind of attractive from this or that angle, but YIKES from other angles or in different lighting.

i think the hubbub and attention Evanngot that night may blow up his ego and make him feel like he’s been missing out in hordes of women fighting over him all these years. It’s my opinion that these women are “into” him mostly because they were cast on a TV show to try to seduce one of four men.  If they saw him out somewhere during regular life, would they be so interested? 

Javen has PTSD.  It was pretty mean to show her the clip of him saying he crossed a line, with no context. Now she thinks he really did something when he was just trying to adjust to the reality that a woman touched his arm and she was going to find out about it.  She’s cray. And won’t even look the guy she chose for a date in the face - just stares straight ahead as if looking at him will turn her to stone.  I think they both need therapy more than Twmptation Island.

I hope “not manly enough” chooses a new companion who is “not such a bitch”.  I can’t imagine talking so badly about the man I love, much less telling him to his face he just doesn’t measure up to my standards.  

I wish this was on twice a week.

On 1/30/2019 at 9:15 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'M OBSESSED. WITH JAVEN.  Him doing that detective thing with his glasses?  Oh my god, it was SO funny and HOT.

"If I find out who did this you will be persecuted."  (The girls start to giggle).  "To the fullest extent of my law."

OH......MY.... GOD

It was cool that they finally showed some of the other guys.  They seemed okay, and dare I say it, they seemed better.  I loved how all four women chose 4 black men to date, especially after (Catie?) said that she's NEVER liked a black guy last week.  NEVER?  Jesus.  

Basically, I think Catie's horrible, but I also have to admit I just don't find her man attractive.  I just feel sorry for him and want him to leave.  "Why am I even with her if she thinks I won't be a good father?"  Yes, exactly.  Lightbulb moment.

It was sad when Shari said "Being here made me realize I've just been pressuring to marry because my family's been pressuring me and maybe I've made a huge mistake."  That was sad.  But can you believe TI actually does positive things for people.  LOL.  Special kind of therapy.

Why is Javen with that horrible woman???  😞 Guys I'm in love

Hellooo! I caught the marathon Thursday night, and I can’t believe I was a month behind! I loved this show back in the day! So far not quite living up to the original. These people are far too nervous about cheating. Except for Evan, who’s already practically falling in love with the “temptress.” (I forget her name, but she is adorable.) And meanwhile Kaci thinks this experience will make him propose?? This is all very confusing how emphatic she was that he get the FULL EXPERIENCE so he’ll come running back to her. Girl, you done played yourself! But I think maybe her exuberance was just a defense mechanism and she was freaking out.

Speaking of freaking out...Shari. The girls AND the producers zoomed in on this will be the first to break into dramatic sobs about losing her man the way she couldn’t even hold it together when the girls were introduced. So of course the producers came up with the bright idea of the smoochy love letter on the mirror to film for Shari. I don’t know how they got Javen to break down over someone trying to touch his arm, but whatever producer did that makes Elan Gale (Bachelor producer) look like an amateur. 

Javen is without a doubt the hottest guy there. But when he donned those little glasses and grabbed his clipboard and played Nancy Drew to identify the kisses, I lost it!!! That was so adorably hot! Totally something I would have done (but I would just be dorky).  I suddenly felt like I’m playing the home game version of Temptation Island, and I’m totally tempted from my couch!!

i feel like I should say something about the other couples but I can’t really stop thinking about Javen, so let’s just say I hope in a twist of irony, John “mans up” and dumps Kady. And I really like both Karl and Nicole. I think I missed what their relationship issues are, but they both seem like sweet, genuine people—so whatever’s the best for them...with some drama long the way for us.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Javen is without a doubt the hottest guy there. But when he donned those little glasses and grabbed his clipboard and played Nancy Drew to identify the kisses, I lost it!!! That was so adorably hot! Totally something I would have done (but I would just be dorky).  I suddenly felt like I’m playing the home game version of Temptation Island, and I’m totally tempted from my couch!!

i feel like I should say something about the other couples but I can’t really stop thinking about Javen, 

Yes x a million.  Oh my god.  He's .......... too much.......  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

As much as it’s going to hurt Kaci, it’s better to find out now that Evan can be so quickly and easily convinced that another woman is everything he’s been looking for.  Kaci has a really great personality, there is probably a nice Mormon guy out there who will want to treat her well and have a family with her.  Evan is nowhere near ready for marriage.

I don’t see John and his girlfriend making it through this.  She doesn’t love him, no matter what she says.  It’s so obvious.

Ill be surprised if Shari and Javen make it...he’s realizing that it’s nice to spend time with someone who isn’t so high strung, serious and controlling.  Shari still has him scared at this point but it’s starting to wear off.

• Love 10

Tell me I’m not the only one who laughed at Kaci crying over seeing Evan falling into a “committed” relationship w/ what’s her name? ( I don’t know any of the temptresses’/temptors’ names yet.) I mean, I don’t want to be a mean-spirited person, but she was SO CONFIDENT that Evan was going to propose after getting the “full experience” and Instead he’s “all in” with the new girl. I mean, he turned down “taking off EVERYTHING” while she was grinding all over him in bed, but of course next week Kaci is going to be shown that clip without the part where Evan says no.

I’m starting to suspect Karl and Nicole were already broken up when they went on this show. The other couples at least have one person who’s holding back and probably only agreeed to go on this show to please their partner, but those two acknowledge the existence of the other, but don’t seem to mind moving on. I like Karl’s girl, the yoga instructor. They seem very nice together. For Nicole, I like the guy she went on the date with, too; they also had a nice connection. It’s kind of crazy that they’re BOTH feeling like they never opened up like this with each other, so I almost feel like out of all of them, these two might actually show some self-improvement and bring back some better communication skills to their relationship rather than break up IF there’s some love there that we’re just not seeing.

That “restricted” girl who’s all over John is desperate! Oh, man, I bet this was the first time she was ever rejected for a kiss! I guess after John sees the video of all of Kady’s new boyfriends—finally landing in the lap of the main new guy—the desperate girl will get some vengeance kiss. I can’t tell whether he actually wanted to date the new girl but didn’t want to hurt Kady—or he’s just using that as an excuse. Tune in next week to find out, I guess!

Now to everyone’s favorite Javen and sad-sack Shari... Javen was in a sheer panic of having to put sunscreen on that girl’s shoulders! Poor girl was very pale and looked like she burns easily, so the whole rest of her back probably has sun poisoning! Oh, man, once Shari changes her mind and decides to vengeance date, it’s going to be too late and she will have alienated all of the guys!

Speaking of alienating the guys, what happened to the voting a new person in and someone else home? Did that only happen once? We’re they on a delayed flight or something? It would make sense to keep the options fresh. If no one’s connecting with half these guys/girls, move them out—and raise the chances of them connecting with someone new. 

Seeing these surroundings and these dates make me realize how high budget this show is compared to Bachelor in Paradise! Are they in Hawaii?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Tell me I’m not the only one who laughed at Kaci crying over seeing Evan falling into a “committed” relationship w/ what’s her name? ( I don’t know any of the temptresses’/temptors’ names yet.)

Morgan.  And I laughed hard.  A lot.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Irritable said:

I don’t see John and his girlfriend making it through this.  She doesn’t love him, no matter what she says.  It’s so obvious.

When she said he looked cute at the bonfire meeting, I'm pretty sure that was the first positive thing we've heard her say about him. I hope whatever happens on the show he leaves her and finds someone who actually respects and likes him. 

• Love 7
On 2/9/2019 at 8:58 AM, JenE4 said:

Javen is without a doubt the hottest guy there.

Because my taste is a little strange, I will say that while Javen is unbelievably hot -- or, more specifically, unbelievably handsome (I don't get a lot of animal sex appeal, maybe because of the "don't touch me and I won't touch you" vibe) and indeed IMHO the handsomest guy there, if I had to pick one guy on this show to be stranded on a desert island with, it would definitely be Jack. While I am too old now to really have a type (other than Mr. Snappy, as we come up on 35 years of marriage), when I was young and wild and DID have a "type" (and a pulse), Jack is pretty much its epitome (and did I imagine this or is he also a nice Jewish boy? Bonus points if so). And I like his personality from what we're finally seeing of it. 

• Love 2

I don’t get this show.  Why would you go thru so much potential heartache to hopefully pull you closer together?  It seems like this would just be another thing to add to a long list of the relationship troubles they are already having.   People just break up and move on! 

• Love 4
On 2/16/2019 at 1:06 PM, KeeperOfTheIce said:

I don’t get this show.  Why would you go thru so much potential heartache to hopefully pull you closer together?  It seems like this would just be another thing to add to a long list of the relationship troubles they are already having.   People just break up and move on! 

You wouldn't get to go on tv or have a barrel of attractive people clamoring for you otherwise. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I am not convinced that Morgan is really into Evan as someone she wants a relationship with off the show.  She claims that this is not normally how she is and that it freaks her out that Evan has a girlfriend, but she knew what show she signed up for - all the guys have girlfriends and it’s her job to try to tempt one of them into cheating.  If she decides this is all too much in the end, or whatever reason she gives for dumping Evan, then it kind of serves him right.  He sure “fell in love” with her fast! I’m sure it has nothing to do with her fantastic body, he’s in love with her soul.

I wish I had some of whatever keeps Kaci’s ego so healthy. When she said the guys she cut liked her A LOT I was surprised, because I thought it seemed so obvious they were just trying to stay on the island and sucking up to the sad case seemed like the best bet.

Glad John saw his girlfriend with Johnny. I don’t think the “surface” couple has a chance, she already seems to consider them over. I have a feeling Javen and Shari will stay together, especially if she makes him a video saying what she said at the bonfire.

• Love 17

Evan's behavior shows that he obviously should not be in a relationship with Kaci, but I don't trust Morgan's intentions at all. The fact that she would try to have sex with Evan when he is straight up telling her that he is not comfortable doing that yet...knowing that he has a long term live-in girlfriend, and how much it would hurt HIM to hurt Kaci in that way...yet she still tries to get him to do it. She doesn't give a rats ass about him or his feelings. It's all about winning the competition, getting camera time, and being able to say that she got a guy to leave his gf for her (as if that's something to brag about...having no empathy for the woman he has been with for years). She must've never heard the saying "If he does it WITH you, he'll do it TO you." Evan even said that he hasn't done well with temptation in the past, so whatever...they deserve each other.

I just don't get the allure. I guess it's good that people have different tastes as far as what they are attracted to. In my opinion, she is homely, has nappy-ass crunchy scraggly hair, and that swimsuit she wears is annoying with both her ass cheeks hanging out. Yuck!!

Edited by SallySarue
  • Love 11

kaci is so sweet--even though her guy is behaving the worst, she reaches out to holds everyones hand while they are viewing videos..however she lost me at " I wont watch and nannanana I cant hear you". She may not be the prettiest one there, but she is a very sweet girl and deserves someone who will commit to her. Evan wants to be caught and get as Johnny said "an easy out". I do not like Cady. blech. But Dr Macho Johnny is soooo perfect for her, if he can get over the fact that she cheated on her bf to be with him they would be a great couple.

• Love 1

I think Morgan is very pretty and that she and Evan are both surprised by how much chemistry they have.  Sadly, they are confusing chemistry with love.  

My impression is that Kaci has been chasing Evan for 10 years and doesn’t have an identity without him.  She needs to grow up and figure out who she is.  She is constantly putting the success of the relationship solely on herself and willing to compromise herself in any way.  It is very sad to watch a woman in her late 20s have no sense of self.  She is just Evan’s plus one.

Kady is ridiculous with her wanting it both ways, she will be upset if John does what she is doing but is enjoying what she is doing.  She lost me.

I was really surprised at Shari’s turnaround.  After they first ep I figured they were done, but now who knows.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I just found this forum!   New format threw me off.   I loved this show and have lamented its demise.  Yay!!!!

I will be shocked if John remains with Kady.  They are doomed.

Evan and Kaci will remain together on the finale and break up when home.  Or she is full of shit drawing the line at his cheating and forgive him.  She wants marriage too much to break up. 

Reality TV manipulates much more than when this first aired so it is hard to tell who is there to “break up.”  Karl and Nicole are a good bet. 

• Love 2

Morgan and Evan are definitely confusing lust for love.  But I'm here for it!  So messy.  What I'm not here for are Evan's disgusting feet during the sex.  Boy couldn't run a washcloth over those suckers before letting Morgan bounce on him?  GROSS.  And I don't really feel like Morgan was pushing Evan's boundaries. Evan could have left the bed or told her to sleep in her own either night.  He just didn't want to be caught making the first big move.  And I'd feel for Kaci but she stayed with this cheater before…if she doesn't respect herself, why should I?  Plus, her ostrich approach to the other side of the island lets me know how she dealt with it in the past…poorly.  Hence them still dating long enough to do this show.

I'd love to see John make a genuine connection with someone who is not the gal blocked by his honey.  Someone unexpected (maybe not blonde?) would really shake up He's Not Manly Enough.  Plus, I want to see him win.

I think both original interracial couples will stay together because no one has crossed the line into sex (deal breaker for most).

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

Morgan and Evan are definitely confusing lust for love.  But I'm here for it!  So messy.  What I'm not here for are Evan's disgusting feet during the sex.  Boy couldn't run a washcloth over those suckers before letting Morgan bounce on him?  GROSS.  And I don't really feel like Morgan was pushing Evan's boundaries. Evan could have left the bed or told her to sleep in her own either night.  He just didn't want to be caught making the first big move.  And I'd feel for Kaci but she stayed with this cheater before…if she doesn't respect herself, why should I?  Plus, her ostrich approach to the other side of the island lets me know how she dealt with it in the past…poorly.  Hence them still dating long enough to do this show.

I'd love to see John make a genuine connection with someone who is not the gal blocked by his honey.  Someone unexpected (maybe not blonde?) would really shake up He's Not Manly Enough.  Plus, I want to see him win.

I think both original interracial couples will stay together because no one has crossed the line into sex (deal breaker for most).

I agree with all except the feet.  I doubt they would think about that in the heat of passion.  No, wait. One would think he would take a quick shower, anticipating sex though.  See what I did there?  Full circle to disgusting feet!

• Love 3

It is obvious why Evan is a cheater in their relationship.  Kaci lets him get away with it.  She has probably been turning her head during their entire relationship.  He cheats and she turns a blind eye and takes him back again and again.  Evan sure got into a relationship quickly for someone that was in love with Kaci.  He was so eager to hook up with one of the girls.  I doubt Morgan is near as crazy about Evan as he thinks she is.  She is getting off on being the one that got a guy to cheat so quickly.  In the end Evan will probably end up back with Kaci because she will welcome him back.  

Nicole and Karl do not really seem like a strong couple.  I almost wonder if they came on the show for the vacation.  

I think Shari and Javan will be back together in the end.

I hope John leaves without Kady.  It is hard to believe she really loves him.   

• Love 7

Sounds like I’m the only one who believes Morgan is actually falling for Evan. I mean, there might be a tinge of Stockholm Syndrome and/or rushing headfirst into the blush of lust. But I don’t think she’s faking it because of contractual obligation or whatnot. The way those two look at each other like the living embodiment of the heart-eyes emoji, I think they have legitimate mutual feelings. Contrast that to The Bachelor wherein you can tell most of the contestants are faking it because they’re suppposed to. See also: Kaci’s “suitors” who are There for the Wrong Reasons. I think, too, John’s “restricted” girl is also There for the Wrong Reasons. She just set her sights on the one she intends to “win” within the first three seconds, but I don’t see any actual connection beyond your girlfriend told me I can’t have you, so now I have to have you to win. 

I feel like Kaci found a loophole by closing her eyes and counting in her mind, and the producers don’t know what to do about that—see the bonus scene with the producer confronting her about that and Kaci just running away. I’m actually shocked that they didn’t show the scene with Evan and Morgan expressing they’re falling in love! She doesn’t need the visual on that one! But I guess the sex can be construed as cheating—to which she can vengeance cheat—as opposed to her just assuming the relationship is over with the love declaration. 

I think my favorite part of the episode was Evan’s increasingly guilty face at the bonfire as the other guys were going on and on about how thank god she didn’t cheat or I wouldn’t be able to handle if anything physical happened. Oops! Meanwhile it was a big step for Javin that he let someone help iron his pants!! But I can’t wait until they make these videos for each other!! Evan has to be wondering whether Kaci saw the sex or the love declarations—what will he he admit to/address in that video?!?! Will Kaci even watch it? 

• Love 12

On one hand, I think Kaci full on knows Evan cheated even before the video, but she knows if she SEES it she's going to have to blow up her whole life, and you can't do that stuck on Temptation Island.

So she's going to wait it out until she's home.

That would probably be my first reaction - I'd want to dump him, fly home and move out before he even knew I was gone lol. But you can't do that here, so I can see why she'd want to prevent herself from seeing it too soon.

But on the other hand ... she dumb.

I would loooove if the video editors put in audio of him talking about what they did next time so if she's not watching she'll still hear about it.

Edited by threebluestars
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

I feel like Kaci found a loophole by closing her eyes and counting in her mind, and the producers don’t know what to do about that—see the bonus scene with the producer confronting her about that and Kaci just running away.

I loved it.  The host and producers were so mad but they couldn't do shit about it.  And Kaci stood her ground.  I know some have a lot of *feelings* about Kaci denying what happened, but she can do whatever she wants.  I thought it was hilarious.

1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Sounds like I’m the only one who believes Morgan is actually falling for Evan.

Sorry - I can't believe it at all.

• Love 1

I do think Morgan genuinely cares for Evan, but is confusing serious chemistry for love..plus this is a big fantasy, this is a luxury resort, gourmet food and wine, no laundry to do, blls to pay, drudgery of the workday, screaming kids (gee im painting such a pretty pic lol--FYI im married 35 years and still adore my hubs altho we have had and still have our moments).

I think Evan is trying so hard to get Kaci to ditch him and no matter what he has done in the past, she just forgives and the most pathetic thing is her placing all the blame for the demise of the relationship on her....its a 2 way street. She is a sweet girl, and I hope she can find true love and commitment from someone else.

Cady and John--I dont like her but really like him---but his comment that now he has an "easy out". I almost see Cady's point--he says he "cant cheat unless she does"? he really is a bit spineless. However he seems to be a heck of a nice guy and needs someone who wont keep harping on his manliness. Cady and Dr Johnny are literally a match made in heaven-he will just have to accept that she cheated on her boyfriend to be with him and well see how he feels. I wasnt sure if the editing last nite was supposed to make us think Dr Johnny and Cady did something last nite...

• Love 8

I think Kaci is being a twit. Stop acting like a child and woman up and take a long look at the guy you were pushing to marry you. That guy with his dark ass druggie circles under his eyes is already in bed with someone else and this chick wants to bury her head in the sand. Seriously, you want that man as your husband and the father of your kids? Wake the hell Kaci.

And Kady, you can't have your cake and eat it too. You fucked up, if you didn't appreciate the guy you had, that's on you. Instead of riding his ass about the man you think he should be, you should be praising him about shit he is doing right. 

Shari and her man will probably still be in a relationship when this ends. All the others are fucking doomed.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Sounds like I’m the only one who believes Morgan is actually falling for Evan. I mean, there might be a tinge of Stockholm Syndrome and/or rushing headfirst into the blush of lust. But I don’t think she’s faking it because of contractual obligation or whatnot.

Yep, I see her falling in love absolutely.  He will go back to Kaci and she will be heartbroken.  She will have dodged a bullet but she doesn't see that and may never. 

21 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I feel like Kaci found a loophole by closing her eyes and counting in her mind, and the producers don’t know what to do about that—see the bonus scene with the producer confronting her about that and Kaci just running away.

I searched for this scene and it eluded me!  I have a masters in google, too.  Better go for my doctorate.  Do you have or can you post the link?  Thanks

Kaci irritates the bejesus out of me.  Drama queens are exhausting. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Bucket said:

Yep, I see her falling in love absolutely.  He will go back to Kaci and she will be heartbroken.  She will have dodged a bullet but she doesn't see that and may never. 

I searched for this scene and it eluded me!  I have a masters in google, too.  Better go for my doctorate.  Do you have or can you post the link?  Thanks

Kaci irritates the bejesus out of me.  Drama queens are exhausting. 

It was on the show. But I almost felt like it was between commercial breaks. It was before the show ended, though. I tend to doze off by the end of the show, but I don’t think I dreamed it.

• Love 2

Kaci stresses me out. She doesn't want to see what Evan's doing because she wants to be able to pretend she didn't known so she can take him back at the end of this. But she knows. I absolutely believe that the two of them laid out guidelines before they got there of no sex. They both made reference to not crossing a specific line and I'm sure that was it. I think that Evan was viewing this whole experience as a hall pass though, so he could bang whoever he wants with the excuse of "having the full experience" whereas she seemed to have this idealistic view that he'll realize how good he has it with her and he'll go skipping up the aisle when they get home.

That Brittany girl is a bitch. John's trying to be loyal to Kady and she's mad at him for that? I mean, granted Kady doesn't deserve it because she herself is a bitch. But it's a noble thing he's doing, trying to keep his dick in his pants. Unlike EVAN.

I keep thinking that Karl and Nicole aren't really together and they're just here for the vacation. They both seemed genuinely delighted that the other one seems to be enjoying their time on the island. It's a little amusing to me.

I don't see Javen and Shari making it through all this. He seems sweet but she's unstable as hell. Even if he doesn't do anything, I can see her making his life miserable when they get back and the two of them eventually imploding.

• Love 4

Reality Steve does a podcast every Thursday and at the end he interviews kaci about the latest episode. This week he had Evan and Kaci. They try not to give spoilers, but it’s not hard to read into what they’re saying. Still, it’s interesting and makes kaci seem a lot more aware than she comes off on the show. If you’re into the show, I highly recommend it.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mhl2016 said:

Reality Steve does a podcast every Thursday and at the end he interviews kaci about the latest episode. This week he had Evan and Kaci. They try not to give spoilers, but it’s not hard to read into what they’re saying. Still, it’s interesting and makes kaci seem a lot more aware than she comes off on the show. If you’re into the show, I highly recommend it.

Can you tell us, in spoiler caps if necessary, what you believe she is more aware of?  Evan has cheated on her, we know that much.  Was she aware that Evan perhaps cheated or got too close for comfort?  Did it appear they were still together?  That, they could easily finesse, though. 

• Love 1
Spoiler

I don’t think they are together anymore, and I think Evan is still with Morgan, based on the way they were talking. They could be making it seem that way to throw people off, but that was definitely the impression I got.  

She said that she knew whatever she was going to see would be very bad.  She didn’t want to watch her entire life implode and be completely humiliated on national tv and she was trying to keep a little dignity in tact. If she had actually seen it, she would either hop on the next plane and head home or else hook up with one of the guys as retaliation, which she knew wouldn’t be healthy, and this was the best way she knew to get herself through the rest of the stay without a complete breakdown.

I don’t think this is a spoiler—in an earlier podcast, she said she wanted to do the show because she had a feeling that Evan wasn’t as invested as she was.  Also, Evan didn’t just cheat on her once or twice in the past—He was a serial cheater on everyone he ever dated, which is why they were so off and on for the first 5 years, but she doesn’t think he cheated after everything that happened with his dad.  

Edited by Mhl2016
For clarity
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I hadn’t listened to Reality Steve before and it was pretty good.  

Spoiler

Evan and Kacy are very much broken up.  Evan says that he and Morgan were seriously falling in love.  They talked all the time and had a real connection, there was no TV / internet on the island so they spent every moment together.  He wishes the producers would show that and not just focus on the physical attraction.  He says he was prepared to resist temptation, ie an easy lay, but not resist falling in love.  Not only has Evan cheated on Kacy he has cheated on other GFs with Kacy.  I thought that was interesting as Kacy hasn’t always been the victim like she portrays.  Evan and Morgan are getting very nasty tweets (I always think this is ridiculous, there is no reason to nasty tweet.  You can disagree with someone but don’t need to be nasty about it). Evan was upset that Kacy was talking about him and his dad with the guys.  He said that they had agreed that they wouldn’t talk about each other and he hasn’t talked about Kacy with the other girls (I hadn’t realized this but think he is right so will watch for this next ep.).  Their agreement was that nothing more could happen beyond a first date (ie kissing was OK) and no decisions would be made until they saw each other again bc reality TV can skew things and they didn’t want to make a decision prematurely based on a bad assumption.  The guys are friends and stay in touch.  Same for the girls.  Kacy has an extremely annoying laugh.  Evan says “like” constantly.  Next week episode is filled with lots of drama and tears.  Not everyone gets a message from their partner and the person(s) that don’t get a message are really upset.

Edited by Booger666
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 2/23/2019 at 5:36 PM, Booger666 said:

I hadn’t listened to Reality Steve before and it was pretty good.  

Reveal spoiler

Evan and Kacy are very much broken up.  Evan says that he and Morgan were seriously falling in love.  They talked all the time and had a real connection, there was no TV / internet on the island so they spent every moment together.  He wishes the producers would show that and not just focus on the physical attraction.  He says he was prepared to resist temptation, ie an easy lay, but not resist falling in love.  Not only has Evan cheated on Kacy he has cheated on other GFs with Kacy.  I thought that was interesting as Kacy hasn’t always been the victim like she portrays.  Evan and Morgan are getting very nasty tweets (I always think this is ridiculous, there is no reason to nasty tweet.  You can disagree with someone but don’t need to be nasty about it). Evan was upset that Kacy was talking about him and his dad with the guys.  He said that they had agreed that they wouldn’t talk about each other and he hasn’t talked about Kacy with the other girls (I hadn’t realized this but think he is right so will watch for this next ep.).  Their agreement was that nothing more could happen beyond a first date (ie kissing was OK) and no decisions would be made until they saw each other again bc reality TV can skew things and they didn’t want to make a decision prematurely based on a bad assumption.  The guys are friends and stay in touch.  Same for the girls.  Kacy has an extremely annoying laugh.  Evan says “like” constantly.  Next week episode is filled with lots of drama and tears.  Not everyone gets a message from their partner and the person(s) that don’t get a message are really upset.

I don’t think this is a spoiler, but I am going to put my response in spoiler tags, just in case:

Spoiler

I don’t think he was upset about her talking about his dad—I don’t think she has. I think he was saying they weren’t supposed to talk about his past at all, including his dad but also that he has cheated in the past, so he was pissed that she told people that he had cheated on her.  Personally, I thought that was a pretty ballsy ask overall, given the context of the show they were on. But in my opinion, Evan came off very poorly in that interview —immature, selfish and unwilling to just accept that he could and should have handled the whole thing in a more respectful manner.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 2/25/2019 at 10:42 AM, Mhl2016 said:

I don’t think this is a spoiler, but I am going to put my response in spoiler tags, just in case:

Reveal spoiler

I don’t think he was upset about her talking about his dad—I don’t think she has. I think he was saying they weren’t supposed to talk about his past at all, including his dad but also that he has cheated in the past, so he was pissed that she told people that he had cheated on her.  Personally, I thought that was a pretty ballsy ask overall, given the context of the show they were on. But in my opinion, Evan came off very poorly in that interview —immature, selfish and unwilling to just accept that he could and should have handled the whole thing in a more respectful manner.

I also listened to the Podcast.  Evan made me crazy - he could barely say a sentence without saying "you know" every few words.  

Edited by Koalagirl
Deleted potential spoiler
On 2/20/2019 at 2:52 PM, LakeGal said:

It is obvious why Evan is a cheater in their relationship.  Kaci lets him get away with it.  She has probably been turning her head during their entire relationship.  He cheats and she turns a blind eye and takes him back again and again.  Evan sure got into a relationship quickly for someone that was in love with Kaci.  He was so eager to hook up with one of the girls.  I doubt Morgan is near as crazy about Evan as he thinks she is.  She is getting off on being the one that got a guy to cheat so quickly.  In the end Evan will probably end up back with Kaci because she will welcome him back.  

Nicole and Karl do not really seem like a strong couple.  I almost wonder if they came on the show for the vacation.  

I think Shari and Javan will be back together in the end.

I hope John leaves without Kady.  It is hard to believe she really loves him.   

I'm watching the current episode and wow is Kady a bitch. Sleeps in bed with one guy while stringing along another and seems to have no care about John. John should just tell her to fuck off she obviously doesn't love him 

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

I'm watching the current episode and wow is Kady a bitch. Sleeps in bed with one guy while stringing along another and seems to have no care about John. John should just tell her to fuck off she obviously doesn't love him 

Edit: oh boohoo Kady you didnt have no problem having two other guys fighting for you and having one in bed and cheating on John until you saw his message. Now "I've made a mistake" 🙄

• Love 3
7 hours ago, jay741982 said:

Ooh. I missed that! I know she has a thing going with Johnny. Who was in her bed?!? (I’m not good with names, but any potential description, maybe?)

48 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Ooh. I missed that! I know she has a thing going with Johnny. Who was in her bed?!? (I’m not good with names, but any potential description, maybe?)

Johnny. First episode I watched and almost instant dislike for Kady. I already knew she didnt think her man was "Alpha enough"(YUCK) for her. Then to watch this episode to see her smooching this guy, sleep in the same bed, have another guy who wants her without seemingly any guilt or care for John while this poor guy is getting tore up about her just got me a little angry. Then at the end seeing the video from him and then finally showing some care for his feelings NAW SON. Then not even sending him a video upsetting him more. Now she crying that she made a mistake cause she knows she can lose him. He was right telling the other girl that he feels Kady Mainuplates him Enotionally

• Love 4

Searched for a forum to discuss this show and found this one, so going to post and see how active this thread is.

Kaci and Evan- they are just interesting to see their attitudes towards the show.  It basically sounds like Kaci told Evan he was free to do as he please but no sex (although, Evan seem to imply that girls should not even be on or in his bed as well).  Evan is viewing the whole ordeal as a giant hall pass figuring that he would hook up with whoever he chose and that he would be strong enough to avoid going all the way.  Yeah, who could have guessed that was bad idea/assumption.  Anyways, I was most curious if Evan was going to apologize for sleeping with Morgan in his video to Kaci going under the impression that she must have seen it at a bonfire.  Well, Evan out smarted me by simply just not sending a video.  Meanwhile, Kaci just wants to be ignorant on the show (or at least coming off that way but deep down probably knows that she gave Evan way too much freedom and that he ultimately wasn't going to resist temptation).  My prediction for them, Evan will ultimately dump Morgan and seek to reconcile with Kaci.  Kaci, while saying there are a million guys out there that would want to be with her, will take Evan back because as someone else mentioned, she doesn't know how to be without Evan and is practically defined by him.  Also, for the person that asked about the clip of Kaci telling the producer to stop asking her about why she didn't watch the clip, it was at the very end of that episode.  You just needed to keep watching during the credits or ending.

Nicole and Karl- Nicole seem very nonchalant about her relationship at this point.  Seems to her that she's thinking they were only physically attracted to each other and never developed a deep emotional connection as well.  Now, maybe she would be able to give it a chance when they leave the island but who knows if they survive it.  Karl is interesting moving forward if he tries to allow himself to get closer to Brittany.  Obviously, he's fighting urges.  I think ultimately, Karl and Nicole will choose to stay together.

Javen and Shari- wow, where to begin.  Shari initially came off as a psycho and total drama queen.  However, it seems like she's actually matured on the show or dropped some of the act as of late.  It sounds like Javen cheated during his college experience and ever since then Shari was the type of person to be constantly yelling at him if he even thought about any woman or said hello to one.  But perhaps she's learned to lighten up a bit and that you can't go around and trying to completely control your significant other in order to have a healthy relationship with them.  Javen, in turn, also seem to either accept Shari's previous behavior or was just flat out afraid of her.  I really thought he would be one to let loose a little more on the show but he appears to be very true to Shari.  I think these two also stay together.

John and Kady- Kady has basically been coming off as (and possibly kind of admitted) that the only reason she's with John is because her friends and family recognize that John is a kind hearted and good man and so they all tell her "you can't lose him".  However, you actually wonder if Kady is in love with him.  Kady just seems very flirtatious in nature and can give mixed signals (hence the conflict with Wynn thinking he still has a shot with her when from the audience viewpoint, Kady is clearly focused on Johnny right now).  I'm not sure if Kady will end up sleeping with anyone on the show but obviously, she's questioning things on her end.  As for John, anyone else getting a little tired of "i hope she appreciates that i'm a good guy" line?  He does seem like a good person but at some point, you have to stop with going around and saying that.  Also, i wasn't sure if Hannah had any secret motives initially when she was comforting him or if she was just trying to be a friend.  Obviously, Katheryn has an interest (although who knows what her real motives are as she appears to be someone that just wants to be on tv since she's been on a few different shows).  It will be interesting to see how John plays this going forward, especially since Kady didn't send him a video.  Ultimately, I wouldn't be surprised either way with these two.  Realistically, they should break up.  But then I think back to when this show originally aired in the early 2000s and I watched it then and was annoyed that all of the couples then ended up staying together when clearly they should have broken up, so I wouldn't be surprised if history repeats itself and everyone stays together at the end of the show (although, I'd be more curious as to what happens say 6 months down the road).

The overall problem that these people don't fully take into consideration is something like actually Kaci mentioned.  Right now, they are all in fantasy land.  Sure, it's easy to make a connection with someone when you're not in the daily grind of the actual real world and you have a great house on the beach in great weather and food is alwas provided and such.  But, let's see how a couple like Evan and Morgan do in the real world going through a normal day to day lifestyle and not isolated from the rest of society and see if their "connection" actually lasts.

• Love 8

I was uncomfortable watching it dawn on poor dumb Evan that hmmm...maybe he IS a weak scumbag after all.  You can hear the hamster wheel slowly turning in his head as he listens to the other guys talk, and realizes hey wait a minute, is it possible that I might not be the great guy I think I am?  Could it be that I make false emotional promises to women because I like to keep them around until (and after) I see another one I want to bang? Did I waste several child-bearing years of Kaci’s life by stringing her along without any intention of marrying her and now it’s all about to blow up in a major way? I’m starting to think maybe I’m a jerk...I should go do some push ups and try to shake off this yucky feeling of impending consequences.

I hope Kady gets dumped hard by everyone including the creepy guy who came to her room while Johnny was in there.

It’s nice to see Shari relaxed and happy - makes me better understand why Javen loves her so much.  I think they are going to make it for the long haul, and have the workd’s most beautiful babies.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
On 2/20/2019 at 6:30 PM, jenifaohjenny said:

The only thing that annoys me about Kaci not watching is that she will eventually watch it...and then regret she didn’t meet any guys on the island. But whatever...she is dumb.

I dont want to sound mean, Im afraid i sound it, but Kaci is not attractive and way too skinny, but sweet, yes. but she wears her heart on her sleeve, and the guys probably sense she isnt looking to be "tempted.

I have to tell you, the idea of a month long fancy vacation in Maui, I can see why people apply for this show. I want the frozen pineapple thing we saw on the show last nite.

what other shows had kathryn been on??

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Irritable said:

I was uncomfortable watching it dawn on poor dumb Evan that hmmm...maybe he IS a weak scumbag after all.  You can hear the hamster wheel slowly turning in his head as he listens to the other guys talk, and realizes hey wait a minute, is it possible that I might not be the great guy I think I am?  Could it be that I make false emotional promises to women because I like to keep them around until (and after) I see another one I want to bang? Did I waste several child-bearing years of Kaci’s life by stringing her along without any intention of marrying her and now it’s all about to blow up in a major way? I’m starting to think maybe I’m a jerk...I should go do some push ups and try to shake off this yucky feeling of impending consequences.

I hope Kady gets dumped hard by everyone including the creepy guy who came to her room while Johnny was in there.

It’s nice to see Shari relaxed and happy - makes me better understand why Javen loves her so much.  I think they are going to make it for the long haul, and have the workd’s most beautiful babies.

I was also a little pissed that Morgan actually was mad that Evan didnt make a video dumping Kaci? wow, karma, thats all I can say. and I liked her.

• Love 3

Is John the guy who supposedly isn't alpha?  I reallllllllllllllllly don't find him attractive, and I don't like his personality either.  I think Katy is HORRIBLE to him, and I think this Alpha/Beta Male bullshit is incredibly stupid, don't get me wrong, but I just don't get what is so great about (John?)  I can't even remember his name.  He's not attractive, he's just a schlubby guy, and he isn't really even a gentlemen to the temptation women.  Not sure what I'm supposed to call them.

Look at how men like Karl and Javen groom themselves and keep themselves in amazing shape.  I wanted to make some kind of race commentary about it, like the way people treat white men is so fascinating even when they seem mediocre, but unfortunately Evan's body obsession kind of screws up my whole point, 😉

Anyways.  Javen is so hot.  I will miss him when the show is over.

I know Katy is always talking about how nice Shari's ass is, but Katy's body is incredible as well.  Her face is all messed up from her surgeries, but her backside - wowza.  Basically I think Katy likes really douchey guys, and she found one.  LOL.  She seems so happy about it.

Morgan's body is incredible obviously but she has this funny kind of male energy.  Does anyone know what I mean?  She has this really funny "duh" way of staring at people.  LOL.  Maybe it's a regional thing.

If anyone didn't hear, TI is getting renewed for Season 2!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4