Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

Temptation Island (2019)

1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

I got through this episode in less than 15 minutes. A bunch of fast forwarding and I missed nothing. 

I've realized that I don't miss many shows when they on hiatus these days. Just gives me time to watch other things. 

I really won't miss this one though. Bad casting this season. 

It seems odd to me. The same thing happened with this year’s Love Island. I would think at this point in time there would be an endless supply of young, horny, famewhores wanting to: leave the house, be on TV, hook up with other hot young people, but instead the casts have been fugly duds. There must be some reason I’m missing. 

I bet Erica ends up with Kendall again! I believe she's only pretending to move on because at this time,he's out of sight, out of mind. As soon as, they're sitting together at the bonfire, he'll gaslight her into deciding to continue with their toxic relationship. 

• Surprise 1
  • Sad 4

On 4/13/2021 at 10:10 PM, JenE4 said:

Gurrrrl. Please. He’s using you! It’s never been more apparent that she’s a mere 22 compared to his (immature) 37! 

I can't effing believe that he's that old... oh man. And his "She cheated on me!" excuse is a very thinly veiled excuse to do whatever he wants now. So mature that.

On 4/14/2021 at 8:31 AM, Booger666 said:

Kendal plays these women off of each other and when they act jealous or upset he gets a smug little smile cause the attention is all on him.  He is an ugly narcissist and any woman he winds up with will be miserable.

Oh yeah, he has always all about Kendoll everyone else is just supposed clay for him to mold because he loves being the godlike figure in his relationships. How he ever got such an ego is unbelievable. And yes, whoever he ends up with will be miserable. Hell, Alexxxsys is already partly miserable due to his dalliances with Nickhole and that's when there are only a handful of other girls around to spend time with!! Wait until he gets back into the 'real' world.

I think the 'engagement' has a 50/50 chance of working out for poor Julian. Even in this episode she's again claimed she isn't over his cheating and is still questioning a relationship let alone an engagement.

I did find this one and this season in general boring but I love how "invested" Mark is in the concept of this shitshow like he's really helping people with this stupid concept. But I give him a pass because of this quote. When he was imploring everyone to take full advantage of their overnights to take stock in their lives and figure things out. He said "before you make decisions for the rest of your life" 😂 Because these are your options you are lifebound together with either your previous partner or your temptress. Taht's how it works. This is the decision for the rest of your life. Gold.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1

The only reason Kendall was ever interested in Alexcysysys was because she told him that she cheated on her last boyfriend and Kendall IMMEDIATELY got excited and was like, "Oh, she'll be easy/nasty!"  and now Alexcususysys!!xss?? has the nerve to tell everyone she's "heartbroken" over him.  Oh lord!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

So, Corey and Erin's bonfire went pretty much the way I expected.  I don't know if they're going to stay together forever, but I did feel there was mutual respect from both and they at least have a shot.

Then there was Kendall and Erica...(dramatic eye-roll).  I so hope she sticks to her guns and kicks him to the curb.  She didn't even see everything we did and was still able to call him out--not just for the sex stuff, but also for discussing a "Future" with Alecxsiiosis.  I was so happy that Mark made him speak first because you know he would have tailored his response to fit whatever she said.  What a maroon.   If she stays with him, its on her because she's seen what he is and I don't see him changing anytime soon.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, leocadia said:

So, Corey and Erin's bonfire went pretty much the way I expected.  I don't know if they're going to stay together forever, but I did feel there was mutual respect from both and they at least have a shot.

Her big speech about her realizations that she's been too tough on him and needs to address her own problems was all about her, her, her.  Unless I completely missed it, she never apologized for treating him like crap and discussed no plan going forward (like maybe counseling) to help change things.  Her whole speech was promising to share even more of her issues with him as long as he hangs around to be educated about why his proper role is being her piñata.  She will never have any respect for him until he actually leaves her, and he apparently is never going to do that.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

6 hours ago, eyelash said:

Her big speech about her realizations that she's been too tough on him and needs to address her own problems was all about her, her, her.  Unless I completely missed it, she never apologized for treating him like crap and discussed no plan going forward (like maybe counseling) to help change things.  Her whole speech was promising to share even more of her issues with him as long as he hangs around to be educated about why his proper role is being her piñata.  She will never have any respect for him until he actually leaves her, and he apparently is never going to do that.

Yeah, the whole thing didn't inspire confidence in me either.  Even Mark the host seems petrified for Corey.

• Like 3

I can’t be bothered to watch.  Sounds like Erin and Corey stay together and the ep ended before Kendall and Erica decided.  Is that right?

I still think Erica is going to decide to stay with Kendall. She's probably too scared to be alone or she doesn't want the other female to end up with him. I'll shocked and amazes next week if I'm wrong about how she chooses to leave the island.

I'm surprised that Mark didn't call Kendall out for how he told the guys he wasn't worried about the threesome & having sex with Alexcys wasn't going to be an issue with Erica because they both came there for HER to work on HERSELF. He also said if she had a problem with it then that would let him know she hasn't evolved. Not his words exactly but just an interpretation of what I understood from what he kept saying when the other guys & Mark originally asked him about his behavior on the island. He previously said he did nothing wrong because he had no rules. Now at the bonfire he's claiming he 'lost a part of himself' from what transpired between him and the other two females. I call B.S.! He's such a gaslighter! Mark you better provide some reinforcements to assist Erica to stand up against and not fall prey (again) to Kendall's lies next week!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Booger666 said:

I can’t be bothered to watch.  Sounds like Erin and Corey stay together and the ep ended before Kendall and Erica decided.  Is that right?

tenor (1).gif

• Laugh 4

5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yeah, the whole thing didn't inspire confidence in me either.  Even Mark the host seems petrified for Corey.

I didn't believe EITHER of them. I think it's more that neither of them wants to be alone because they are comfortable in their roles. Corey is lying that he won't be walked on anymore and Erin is lying that he boots are no longer made for walking all over him. I'm sure they'll be together longterm but I think there's very little chance either will be happy.

I also felt a little bad for Corey's 'tempter' as she seemed very normal and nice.

Kendoll sure changed his tone once he started playing his "win her back" game didn't he? Now he had such a terrible time "loosing himself" while he wanted BOTH Alexxxys and Nickhole but Alexxxys put her foot down about the whole thruple thing.

As for his 'goodbye' with her I couldn't believe he told her "Trust me. Trust my judgement." Wait. What?? She has ZERO reasons to trust him let alone his judgement that lead him to have a threesome with his gf accross the way at the other hotel. Yeah Kendoll, you are the poster boy for good judgement.

I was wondering what order they would do the final bonfires. I knew the epic boredom that is Corey and Erin would be up first. I guess it makes sense to have the only real opportunity for a 'cliffhanger' for next week by leaving us hanging on Erica's decision.

I'm sure they'll next go to Chelsea and Thomas and then try to leave us on a  'happy' note with the engagement. Small chance that we get a shocking rejection there to leave off on.

I'd be so happy to know that every time my fiancee looks at my engagement ring he thinks of someone else, btw. I hope he never mentions that to Kristen.

Annnd we get a reunion show this season! I had to rewind and slomo that promo but was that Chelsea with the long, straight, blonde hair??

• Like 3

Mark was really trying to get Corey and Erin to fight—Corey, I KNOW you must be intimidated when she yells at you, right?!? Sorry, Mark. These two didn’t give you and good TV for how many weeks; they’re not going to start now. Boring whether they broke up or stayed together. That’s why you got them over with first. Just move along and we’ll all pretend they never happened.

Kendall was all, “I’m not perfect. No one’s perfect.” Uh, Kendall, I’d say you are decidedly “less perfect” than most people! I can’t believe he was all “Ah! Ha!” and “Interesting” in response to Erica saying she kissed her date on the final date, as if this makes her “equal” to how he behaved with Alycksex AND Nickole! Not quite, Kendal! I’m glad Erica was at least giving it to him a little bit, but I don’t like her ending on the “I love you” cliffhanger. Even if there’s a “but” coming, he really doesn’t deserve to hear that! It’s time to go scorched earth! Humiliate this person on TV! Not that I’d normally preach vengeance, but this guy really has it coming!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Kendall was all, “I’m not perfect. No one’s perfect.” Uh, Kendall, I’d say you are decidedly “less perfect” than most people! I can’t believe he was all “Ah! Ha!” and “Interesting” in response to Erica saying she kissed her date on the final date, as if this makes her “equal” to how he behaved with Alycksex AND Nickole! 

I feel really bad for Erica.  She is so easily manipulated by Kendall.  She should have said when I saw you cheat on me, I took my opportunity to get mine.  But she is very aware that she turns into kind of a mess when Kendall manipulates her.  She needs therapy.  And I don't mean this in a bad way.  I am extremely pro therapy!  She needs to learn assertiveness.  It really helped me in my life.  God, just stay away from him!

ebavkbrxqaalsvndljbp.jpeg

• Like 5

If I heard correctly, Kendall believes kissing is the same level of cheating as being actively involved in a thruple; if he manages to make Erica feel guilty, he should consider a career in PR...

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

22 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

If I heard correctly, Kendall believes kissing is the same level of cheating as being actively involved in a thruple; if he manages to make Erica feel guilty, he should consider a career in PR...

No doubt... also Tom saw footage of Chelsea kissing another guy and said "She's cheating on me." So I guess sleeping with someone multiple times, at least once with another person joining in, is equal in gravity of cheating with someone kissing. What?

• Like 1

There's sooooooo much I could say.  Great finale and reunion.

But for now let me just say this.

Kendall saying "I rest my case" as a substitute for "I'm done talking".

And Jesse saying "'I rest my case?' or 'My case was proven incorrect?'"  

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH.  (His name is Jesse, right?)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 4

I cannot believe I stayed awake until midnight on a weeknight for this! 

The highlight of the finale, in addition to the golden moment @Ms Blue Jay noted, was how Kendal done played himself into “choosing” Alycksex! Oh, really. You don’t choose me. Interesting. You sure about that? Well, I guess I choose to leave with Alycksex. Cue Mark “not that Mark Wahlberg” Wahlberg bringing out Alycksex for Kendal to choose her! That was fantastic! It almost made all of his gaslighting and manipulation worth it to finally see his bluff called! Though, I do feel badly for Alycksex that she ended up thinking he was really choosing her and ended up getting hurt. I mean, it seemed fairly obvious to us that he had a deer caught in the headlights look and wasn’t exactly exuberant about their future, but poor, stupid Alycksex. I’m just happy for poor Erica that she finally got rid of that bozo!

My other favorite moment was the look of pure shock on Mark’s face when Tom and Chelsea chose each other. Seriously! No one saw that coming!

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 3

Chelsea going from "You're a piece of garbage, I hate you, you're the worst.... and I would like to leave the island with you" was yes, another INCREDIBLY weird moment on the finale..   I'm exaggerating for effect but WTF??????

I don't understand why Mark didn't have Kendall go first.  Let Kendall be all happy and say he wants to leave with Erica FIRST and then let Erica reject him.  But was Mark and the show worried that Kendall would Svengali manipulate Erica into leaving with him?  Now that I think about it, probably!

Erin's attitude at the reunion was a complete 180.  She is so the Kendall of that relationship.  I had so much whiplash from finale to reunion I had no idea what to think.  I still don't really get what she wanted from her boyfriend and I don't really get what he wasn't giving to her.  (I don't even remember his name.  Poor guy.)  Either way, I'm sorry, but I thought she just seemed really mean.  

• Like 12

38 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Chelsea going from "You're a piece of garbage, I hate you, you're the worst.... and I would like to leave the island with you" was yes, another INCREDIBLY weird moment on the finale..   I'm exaggerating for effect but WTF??????

I don't understand why Mark didn't have Kendall go first.  Let Kendall be all happy and say he wants to leave with Erica FIRST and then let Erica reject him.  But was Mark and the show worried that Kendall would Svengali manipulate Erica into leaving with him?  Now that I think about it, probably!

Erin's attitude at the reunion was a complete 180.  She is so the Kendall of that relationship.  I had so much whiplash from finale to reunion I had no idea what to think.  I still don't really get what she wanted from her boyfriend and I don't really get what he wasn't giving to her.  (I don't even remember his name.  Poor guy.)  Either way, I'm sorry, but I thought she just seemed really mean.  

I wonder whether Corey did indeed “hook up” (in whatever definition you want to give to that) with his final date partner. That girl was pissed that Shaq called her out! Erin was saying she had screen caps of the conversation, so it sounded to me that the girl messaged Shaq with the details, he sent it on to Erin, Erin confronted Corey about it, and he denied it up until 4 days before the reunion was filmed when he finally admitted they “hooked up.” Sooo... I’ll let Erin off the hook on that one. It sounded like they tried to make it work for however many months before this truth came out right before filming, so the emotions were raw for her. It also sounded like Corey wasn’t trying very hard to open up and connect with her emotionally even leading up to that revelation. 

So happy to hear that the opposite was true for Julian and Kristen. This show really tries to push the concept that it will help you to “fix” your communication problems and grow as a couple, to which I always scoffed Yeah, right! Buuuuut, SOMEHOW this actually worked for them! They really grew in the ways Mark told us “this experiment” was intended to. Good for them! 

Everyone else ended up exactly as I suspected—even the ones “together” didn’t really last through the finale. Though, it sounds like Erin and Corey, and Chelsea and Tom are just dragging out old dynamics and didn’t get any “clarity” on themselves or their relationships after all. I couldn’t really tell whether they all considered themselves still together or just punishing themselves and each other. I was disappointed that Blake wasn’t there, but at least he gave us a video to express his shock and awe about the two of them getting back together. That was insane how both Chelsea and Tom played the “Well, I only cheated because YOU cheated first” card and were 100% blaming the other person for THEIR actions. Neither of them “learned” a damn thing from “this process.” So, great, stay together and keep accusing each other of being the real bad guy that “makes” you act out in retaliation. You’re no better than Kendal....well, maybe only slightly because Kendal is the WORST!

• Like 10

It was also great how Alexcys dumped Kendall and told Erica she deserves so much better than him.

Kendall :  Like what?

LOL what do you mean like what?

Hahahhaa

• Like 6

When was the reunion show filmed? I’m wondering if any of these folks are still together?

On 5/1/2021 at 10:38 AM, Ynicknan said:

When was the reunion show filmed? I’m wondering if any of these folks are still together?

It looks like from IG Erin & Corey are back together and Tom & Chelsea are still together too.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1