Type keyword(s) to search

Temptation Island (2019) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

I got through this episode in less than 15 minutes. A bunch of fast forwarding and I missed nothing. 

I've realized that I don't miss many shows when they on hiatus these days. Just gives me time to watch other things. 

I really won't miss this one though. Bad casting this season. 

It seems odd to me. The same thing happened with this year’s Love Island. I would think at this point in time there would be an endless supply of young, horny, famewhores wanting to: leave the house, be on TV, hook up with other hot young people, but instead the casts have been fugly duds. There must be some reason I’m missing. 

I bet Erica ends up with Kendall again! I believe she's only pretending to move on because at this time,he's out of sight, out of mind. As soon as, they're sitting together at the bonfire, he'll gaslight her into deciding to continue with their toxic relationship. 

On 4/13/2021 at 10:10 PM, JenE4 said:

Gurrrrl. Please. He’s using you! It’s never been more apparent that she’s a mere 22 compared to his (immature) 37! 

I can't effing believe that he's that old... oh man. And his "She cheated on me!" excuse is a very thinly veiled excuse to do whatever he wants now. So mature that.

On 4/14/2021 at 8:31 AM, Booger666 said:

Kendal plays these women off of each other and when they act jealous or upset he gets a smug little smile cause the attention is all on him.  He is an ugly narcissist and any woman he winds up with will be miserable.

Oh yeah, he has always all about Kendoll everyone else is just supposed clay for him to mold because he loves being the godlike figure in his relationships. How he ever got such an ego is unbelievable. And yes, whoever he ends up with will be miserable. Hell, Alexxxsys is already partly miserable due to his dalliances with Nickhole and that's when there are only a handful of other girls around to spend time with!! Wait until he gets back into the 'real' world.

I think the 'engagement' has a 50/50 chance of working out for poor Julian. Even in this episode she's again claimed she isn't over his cheating and is still questioning a relationship let alone an engagement.

I did find this one and this season in general boring but I love how "invested" Mark is in the concept of this shitshow like he's really helping people with this stupid concept. But I give him a pass because of this quote. When he was imploring everyone to take full advantage of their overnights to take stock in their lives and figure things out. He said "before you make decisions for the rest of your life" 😂 Because these are your options you are lifebound together with either your previous partner or your temptress. Taht's how it works. This is the decision for the rest of your life. Gold.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

The only reason Kendall was ever interested in Alexcysysys was because she told him that she cheated on her last boyfriend and Kendall IMMEDIATELY got excited and was like, "Oh, she'll be easy/nasty!"  and now Alexcususysys!!xss?? has the nerve to tell everyone she's "heartbroken" over him.  Oh lord!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

So, Corey and Erin's bonfire went pretty much the way I expected.  I don't know if they're going to stay together forever, but I did feel there was mutual respect from both and they at least have a shot.

Then there was Kendall and Erica...(dramatic eye-roll).  I so hope she sticks to her guns and kicks him to the curb.  She didn't even see everything we did and was still able to call him out--not just for the sex stuff, but also for discussing a "Future" with Alecxsiiosis.  I was so happy that Mark made him speak first because you know he would have tailored his response to fit whatever she said.  What a maroon.   If she stays with him, its on her because she's seen what he is and I don't see him changing anytime soon.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, leocadia said:

So, Corey and Erin's bonfire went pretty much the way I expected.  I don't know if they're going to stay together forever, but I did feel there was mutual respect from both and they at least have a shot.

Her big speech about her realizations that she's been too tough on him and needs to address her own problems was all about her, her, her.  Unless I completely missed it, she never apologized for treating him like crap and discussed no plan going forward (like maybe counseling) to help change things.  Her whole speech was promising to share even more of her issues with him as long as he hangs around to be educated about why his proper role is being her piñata.  She will never have any respect for him until he actually leaves her, and he apparently is never going to do that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, eyelash said:

Her big speech about her realizations that she's been too tough on him and needs to address her own problems was all about her, her, her.  Unless I completely missed it, she never apologized for treating him like crap and discussed no plan going forward (like maybe counseling) to help change things.  Her whole speech was promising to share even more of her issues with him as long as he hangs around to be educated about why his proper role is being her piñata.  She will never have any respect for him until he actually leaves her, and he apparently is never going to do that.

Yeah, the whole thing didn't inspire confidence in me either.  Even Mark the host seems petrified for Corey.

• Love 3

I still think Erica is going to decide to stay with Kendall. She's probably too scared to be alone or she doesn't want the other female to end up with him. I'll shocked and amazes next week if I'm wrong about how she chooses to leave the island.

I'm surprised that Mark didn't call Kendall out for how he told the guys he wasn't worried about the threesome & having sex with Alexcys wasn't going to be an issue with Erica because they both came there for HER to work on HERSELF. He also said if she had a problem with it then that would let him know she hasn't evolved. Not his words exactly but just an interpretation of what I understood from what he kept saying when the other guys & Mark originally asked him about his behavior on the island. He previously said he did nothing wrong because he had no rules. Now at the bonfire he's claiming he 'lost a part of himself' from what transpired between him and the other two females. I call B.S.! He's such a gaslighter! Mark you better provide some reinforcements to assist Erica to stand up against and not fall prey (again) to Kendall's lies next week!

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yeah, the whole thing didn't inspire confidence in me either.  Even Mark the host seems petrified for Corey.

I didn't believe EITHER of them. I think it's more that neither of them wants to be alone because they are comfortable in their roles. Corey is lying that he won't be walked on anymore and Erin is lying that he boots are no longer made for walking all over him. I'm sure they'll be together longterm but I think there's very little chance either will be happy.

I also felt a little bad for Corey's 'tempter' as she seemed very normal and nice.

Kendoll sure changed his tone once he started playing his "win her back" game didn't he? Now he had such a terrible time "loosing himself" while he wanted BOTH Alexxxys and Nickhole but Alexxxys put her foot down about the whole thruple thing.

As for his 'goodbye' with her I couldn't believe he told her "Trust me. Trust my judgement." Wait. What?? She has ZERO reasons to trust him let alone his judgement that lead him to have a threesome with his gf accross the way at the other hotel. Yeah Kendoll, you are the poster boy for good judgement.

I was wondering what order they would do the final bonfires. I knew the epic boredom that is Corey and Erin would be up first. I guess it makes sense to have the only real opportunity for a 'cliffhanger' for next week by leaving us hanging on Erica's decision.

I'm sure they'll next go to Chelsea and Thomas and then try to leave us on a  'happy' note with the engagement. Small chance that we get a shocking rejection there to leave off on.

I'd be so happy to know that every time my fiancee looks at my engagement ring he thinks of someone else, btw. I hope he never mentions that to Kristen.

Annnd we get a reunion show this season! I had to rewind and slomo that promo but was that Chelsea with the long, straight, blonde hair??

• Love 3

Mark was really trying to get Corey and Erin to fight—Corey, I KNOW you must be intimidated when she yells at you, right?!? Sorry, Mark. These two didn’t give you and good TV for how many weeks; they’re not going to start now. Boring whether they broke up or stayed together. That’s why you got them over with first. Just move along and we’ll all pretend they never happened.

Kendall was all, “I’m not perfect. No one’s perfect.” Uh, Kendall, I’d say you are decidedly “less perfect” than most people! I can’t believe he was all “Ah! Ha!” and “Interesting” in response to Erica saying she kissed her date on the final date, as if this makes her “equal” to how he behaved with Alycksex AND Nickole! Not quite, Kendal! I’m glad Erica was at least giving it to him a little bit, but I don’t like her ending on the “I love you” cliffhanger. Even if there’s a “but” coming, he really doesn’t deserve to hear that! It’s time to go scorched earth! Humiliate this person on TV! Not that I’d normally preach vengeance, but this guy really has it coming!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Kendall was all, “I’m not perfect. No one’s perfect.” Uh, Kendall, I’d say you are decidedly “less perfect” than most people! I can’t believe he was all “Ah! Ha!” and “Interesting” in response to Erica saying she kissed her date on the final date, as if this makes her “equal” to how he behaved with Alycksex AND Nickole! 

I feel really bad for Erica.  She is so easily manipulated by Kendall.  She should have said when I saw you cheat on me, I took my opportunity to get mine.  But she is very aware that she turns into kind of a mess when Kendall manipulates her.  She needs therapy.  And I don't mean this in a bad way.  I am extremely pro therapy!  She needs to learn assertiveness.  It really helped me in my life.  God, just stay away from him!

ebavkbrxqaalsvndljbp.jpeg

• Love 5
22 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

If I heard correctly, Kendall believes kissing is the same level of cheating as being actively involved in a thruple; if he manages to make Erica feel guilty, he should consider a career in PR...

No doubt... also Tom saw footage of Chelsea kissing another guy and said "She's cheating on me." So I guess sleeping with someone multiple times, at least once with another person joining in, is equal in gravity of cheating with someone kissing. What?

• Love 1

There's sooooooo much I could say.  Great finale and reunion.

But for now let me just say this.

Kendall saying "I rest my case" as a substitute for "I'm done talking".

And Jesse saying "'I rest my case?' or 'My case was proven incorrect?'"  

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH.  (His name is Jesse, right?)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

I cannot believe I stayed awake until midnight on a weeknight for this! 

The highlight of the finale, in addition to the golden moment @Ms Blue Jay noted, was how Kendal done played himself into “choosing” Alycksex! Oh, really. You don’t choose me. Interesting. You sure about that? Well, I guess I choose to leave with Alycksex. Cue Mark “not that Mark Wahlberg” Wahlberg bringing out Alycksex for Kendal to choose her! That was fantastic! It almost made all of his gaslighting and manipulation worth it to finally see his bluff called! Though, I do feel badly for Alycksex that she ended up thinking he was really choosing her and ended up getting hurt. I mean, it seemed fairly obvious to us that he had a deer caught in the headlights look and wasn’t exactly exuberant about their future, but poor, stupid Alycksex. I’m just happy for poor Erica that she finally got rid of that bozo!

My other favorite moment was the look of pure shock on Mark’s face when Tom and Chelsea chose each other. Seriously! No one saw that coming!

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

Chelsea going from "You're a piece of garbage, I hate you, you're the worst.... and I would like to leave the island with you" was yes, another INCREDIBLY weird moment on the finale..   I'm exaggerating for effect but WTF??????

I don't understand why Mark didn't have Kendall go first.  Let Kendall be all happy and say he wants to leave with Erica FIRST and then let Erica reject him.  But was Mark and the show worried that Kendall would Svengali manipulate Erica into leaving with him?  Now that I think about it, probably!

Erin's attitude at the reunion was a complete 180.  She is so the Kendall of that relationship.  I had so much whiplash from finale to reunion I had no idea what to think.  I still don't really get what she wanted from her boyfriend and I don't really get what he wasn't giving to her.  (I don't even remember his name.  Poor guy.)  Either way, I'm sorry, but I thought she just seemed really mean.  

• Love 13
38 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Chelsea going from "You're a piece of garbage, I hate you, you're the worst.... and I would like to leave the island with you" was yes, another INCREDIBLY weird moment on the finale..   I'm exaggerating for effect but WTF??????

I don't understand why Mark didn't have Kendall go first.  Let Kendall be all happy and say he wants to leave with Erica FIRST and then let Erica reject him.  But was Mark and the show worried that Kendall would Svengali manipulate Erica into leaving with him?  Now that I think about it, probably!

Erin's attitude at the reunion was a complete 180.  She is so the Kendall of that relationship.  I had so much whiplash from finale to reunion I had no idea what to think.  I still don't really get what she wanted from her boyfriend and I don't really get what he wasn't giving to her.  (I don't even remember his name.  Poor guy.)  Either way, I'm sorry, but I thought she just seemed really mean.  

I wonder whether Corey did indeed “hook up” (in whatever definition you want to give to that) with his final date partner. That girl was pissed that Shaq called her out! Erin was saying she had screen caps of the conversation, so it sounded to me that the girl messaged Shaq with the details, he sent it on to Erin, Erin confronted Corey about it, and he denied it up until 4 days before the reunion was filmed when he finally admitted they “hooked up.” Sooo... I’ll let Erin off the hook on that one. It sounded like they tried to make it work for however many months before this truth came out right before filming, so the emotions were raw for her. It also sounded like Corey wasn’t trying very hard to open up and connect with her emotionally even leading up to that revelation. 

So happy to hear that the opposite was true for Julian and Kristen. This show really tries to push the concept that it will help you to “fix” your communication problems and grow as a couple, to which I always scoffed Yeah, right! Buuuuut, SOMEHOW this actually worked for them! They really grew in the ways Mark told us “this experiment” was intended to. Good for them! 

Everyone else ended up exactly as I suspected—even the ones “together” didn’t really last through the finale. Though, it sounds like Erin and Corey, and Chelsea and Tom are just dragging out old dynamics and didn’t get any “clarity” on themselves or their relationships after all. I couldn’t really tell whether they all considered themselves still together or just punishing themselves and each other. I was disappointed that Blake wasn’t there, but at least he gave us a video to express his shock and awe about the two of them getting back together. That was insane how both Chelsea and Tom played the “Well, I only cheated because YOU cheated first” card and were 100% blaming the other person for THEIR actions. Neither of them “learned” a damn thing from “this process.” So, great, stay together and keep accusing each other of being the real bad guy that “makes” you act out in retaliation. You’re no better than Kendal....well, maybe only slightly because Kendal is the WORST!

• Love 11
On 5/1/2021 at 10:38 AM, Ynicknan said:

When was the reunion show filmed? I’m wondering if any of these folks are still together?

It looks like from IG Erin & Corey are back together and Tom & Chelsea are still together too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Why are the male tempters on this show always so... unpleasant to look at? I would not be tempted by a single one of them based on looks. And the women... Well, it's only a matter of time before they bring the gross. Can't honestly say most of the temptees are that great looking either.

Bringin' the shallow. Well, it is TI, after all. Next week I'll try to be more substantive. 

Oh, one substantive note! I'm already feeling sorry for Ash. I see a whole lot of hurt coming her way.

• Love 9

Mark, cool it with the bronzer! He looks like he rubbed splotches of dirt all over his face. I guess this is a way to distract us from those bad veneers of his. 

No one really seems like they’ve been dragged here against their will. Every other season has had at least a few people who immediately regretted getting talked into this show and spent most of the show moping and  panicking. I get the feeling most, if not all, of these people are going to go wild ASAP.

The one who is about to be long distance—Hania I think his name is—told the temptresses that he’s very much “out of sight, out of mind.” That’s not going to bode well for your girl either on this show or while you’re in different states—despite you telling her “where there’s a will, there’s a way” at The Last Supper. (Does this guy only speak in old-timey parables??) 

Ashley is crying to her man that she just had the best conversation ever with some random dude. Lady, you’re telling him this on the FIRST DAY that you’re already going to move on with your new “soul mate” so…good luck with that because you know he’s going to run back and try to connect with a girl so he doesn’t get played.

the blonde curly haired girl, Gillian, is crying because none of the guys she met “compares to you because you’re so much cuter and sexier.” She really seems legitimately upset over the fact that there’s no one she’s hoping to hook up with moreso than being separated from him! They’re very young. I really do think that’s entirely the purpose, not “a test” to remain loyal—but to have a month long “open relationship” to get it out of her system so she can say she had the experience before they get married. She is only 21 and they’ve been together since she was 17!

The fourth couple, Luke and Iris: Neither trusts the other at all—and they seem to get each other ramped up by talking to others. So they are for sure the couple most likely to “revenge fuck” others based on what they see at the bonfire tapes.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Fellaway said:

Why are the male tempters on this show always so... unpleasant to look at? I would not be tempted by a single one of them based on looks. 

I complain about this every. single. season.  The guys are so not cute and the women are incredibly beautiful.

Theories

1). Straight men are casting this?

2). The tastes of the 4 women are really bad every season, and the show is trying to cater to them?

But that doesn't explain why the temptee men are always so much better looking than the temper men.  Javen, Karl, and crazy Evan from Season 1 were all much more beautiful than any of these tempter men.  Unfortunately I've forgotten most of the other temptee men.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8

I agree with everyone.  Why can't they find better looking men to tempt the women?  I am sure there are a lot of good looking men out there that want to do reality TV.  But every season it seems the men are rather blah and in some cases ugly.  Is it because they want the men to be tempted and cheat but the women to stay faithful?

I do think most of the women end up being pretty skanky.  But at least they look good enough to tempt the men.  They probably need skanky women to go all out to get the men to jump into bed.  Sweet girl next door types are probably not seen as very tempting.  

This season I don't have a lot of faith in any of the couples staying faithful.  At least one or in some cases both seem ready to cheat.  I am usually suspicious of the couples that do this show.  Are they really in love and want to stay together?  I can see a couple that is ready to split up agreeing to do this show for fun.  They get a free vacation on TV and might meet someone.  

Bring on the train wreck.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

She has a full Daria tattoo on her arm which is just like having a 'Warning: Drama Ahead' sticker on her arm...

I forgot about that! I was going to ask was that a Daria tattoo?!? Wild!

7 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I agree with everyone.  Why can't they find better looking men to tempt the women?  I am sure there are a lot of good looking men out there that want to do reality TV.  But every season it seems the men are rather blah and in some cases ugly.  Is it because they want the men to be tempted and cheat but the women to stay faithful?

I do think most of the women end up being pretty skanky.  But at least they look good enough to tempt the men.  They probably need skanky women to go all out to get the men to jump into bed.  Sweet girl next door types are probably not seen as very tempting.  

This season I don't have a lot of faith in any of the couples staying faithful.  At least one or in some cases both seem ready to cheat.  I am usually suspicious of the couples that do this show.  Are they really in love and want to stay together?  I can see a couple that is ready to split up agreeing to do this show for fun.  They get a free vacation on TV and might meet someone.  

Bring on the train wreck.  

On the very forst season there was a couple that made it obvious they had a rock solid agreement not to touch or kiss. Honstly a kiss is way more intimate than sex. Foolish👍

I'm really sorry I can't come up with any other word to describe the young guy but 'dweeb'. I mean "cute and sexy" would not be adjectives I'd chose for him!! But then they've been dating since they were 17 and are 21 now? You can project a lot of things onto people when you are that young and have been dating that long. I mean I don't see him as a hunka hunka burnin luv like she apparently does. She obviously has never really considered other guys to connect with before...

Oh and did I mention how freakin' young they are? I mean they needed a ride from mom or rode their bikes for their first date at the town fair.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 3/17/2021 at 5:29 PM, JenE4 said:

I don’t find anyone in the core four couples attractive. Maybe they’ll grow on me? It’s like TPTB will stick anyone on a show, and somehow make the contestants think they’re some kind of prize. If you agree to go on this show in the first place, your relationship is obviously in trouble, so it’s no surprise that these people will cheat. That being said, I’ll watch every second of it…

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

I’m not surprised the young couple have cheated on each other before as they have zero chemistry.  He looks like a little troll who climbed out from under a bridge to do this show.  She clearly doesn’t know the meaning of the word sexy.

The guys this season are far more facially disadvantaged than any other season I can remember.  It’s hard to watch.

The 7 year couple is weird.  It’s been 7 years and if you can’t figure out if you should get married or not then what do you expect to learn over 4 weeks of strangers grinding on you?  I wonder if they are a couple who broke up awhile back and are doing this for IG followers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

It was disappointing that they cut the ending in the middle of the bonfire.  I pretty much sit through the episode waiting to watch the bonfires.  

I still do not remember who is who.  I agreed with the woman that said she did not remember any of the names.  Maybe they could wear name tags to help all of us.  

I have to admit I feel kind of dirty watching this show.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 3/23/2022 at 7:40 AM, Booger666 said:

what do you expect to learn over 4 weeks of strangers grinding on you

Yeah, there is that...

I have to admit I feel kind of dirty watching this show.

And there is always this too... it's just the way the show is. You just kind of let it wash over you and then put on your swim goggles and join 6 other people of both sexes to wash off the sticky.

As for not knowing names, I usually use the cheat sheet with everyone's pictures and names.

So... I thought this was a good episode as far as getting to know more of the people on the show. I still don't 'buy' Gillian, something about her irks me, maybe I hold it against her that she called Edgar 'sexy'. She kind of annoys me.

I actually think Ashley and Iris can both look very good at times. Ash (c'mon now people you cast FOUR people and you get and Ash and an Ashley?) has a quirky look added to with the Daria tattoo and others. She's more of a 'type' a 'niche' girl I think. But they are all better than the mixed kettle of fish that are the guys...

I think referring to the guys as 'facially disadvantaged' is kinda classic. As I've said I just think 'dweeb' when I see Edgar. So young too. I can't help but think that Gillian is the only thing he's ever known. 17 people... they've been dating since they were 17.

Lascelles I guess is decent looking, unfortunate giant word tattoo. He seems to to be the only one with something to lose and knows he's been half-assing it. How else do you end up at year 7 with no apparent direction or momentum in your relationship?

Luke just comes accross to me as 'goofy'. Ironic that his issue is he wants to be seen as taking parts of life seriously, like relationships... change your vibe dude. Yer goofy.

Hania. Seriously? I can't help but hear John Cusak in 'High Fidelity' "Get your patchouli stink out of my store!" That he seemingly revels in being topless with that Austin Powers chest hair and wears Speedos doesn't help this either. I can't take him seriously.

• LOL 8
20 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Luke just comes accross to me as 'goofy'. Ironic that his issue is he wants to be seen as taking parts of life seriously, like relationships... change your vibe dude. Yer goofy.

He’s like a straight Lance Bass.

20 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Hania. Seriously? I can't help but hear John Cusak in 'High Fidelity' "Get your patchouli stink out of my store!" That he seemingly revels in being topless with that Austin Powers chest hair and wears Speedos doesn't help this either. I can't take him seriously.

The long hair and facial hair are distractions from the pudgy accountant face.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Gillian reminds me of Amy Poehler’s character in Mean Girls - a super intense combination of shallow and annoying.  I wish they would edit her out of future episodes, along with Hania’s speedo.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Booger666 said:

Gillian reminds me of Amy Poehler’s character in Mean Girls - a super intense combination of shallow and annoying.  I wish they would edit her out of future episodes, along with Hania’s speedo.

Not that many people look good in a Speedo but it seems like the guys who look especially bad in them are the ones that choose to wear them.  They are laughing at you, not with you.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Okay, Trace is crazy. Honey, Lacelles has a girlfriend and you're getting upset that he's not 100% invested in you after 3 days? Do you know what show you signed up for?

• Love 7
14 hours ago, AEJ79 said:

Okay, Trace is crazy. Honey, Lacelles has a girlfriend and you're getting upset that he's not 100% invested in you after 3 days? Do you know what show you signed up for?

Now he essentially has TWO girlfriends…

• Love 2