Type keyword(s) to search

Temptation Island (2019) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm pretty sure the tempters are supposed to attempt to tempt people.  If they all just flock to Kendall because, well, he's easy, then that's pretty funny.  Not that I believe in or agree with any of the premise of the show anyway.

• Love 2

Right off the bat, I’m excited that this episode is called “Blake the Fake,” since last week I decided Blake is a terrible, manipulative, drama queen  who’s all up in everyone’s business...even though 2 weeks ago I probably thought he was a good option. Glad that Chelsea chose Tom instead! Well, jeez, until she almost killed him! Oh, what is this hairdo he has?! Nevermind on sparse man-bun Tom.

What is this soccer golf?! Scolf? Goccer? 

Julian, I don’t think Maya wants to hear that she’s just like your girlfriend and that’s why you like her! Even worse he says everyone else in the house finds her annoying, and tops it off with no one else seems to be talking to me! Jeez, I know you’ve only dated one person and don’t understand the art of courting, but this is bad! Really bad.

oh, get ready for some slutty talents! Maybe someone sang or recited poetry or something—but of course that’s not what’s making it to TV!

Blake is asking who is manipulating her and OTHER guys stir the pot! Shaquille is friends with Blake? Oh, man, I like him. Don’t tell me he’s the next to fall.

Why is Erica getting all involved in the argument?! She’s not even “dating” any of them and she’s saying who can talk to whomever. She was protecting Chelsea? Chelsea wasn’t even there when she was going off.

Tom in his glasses cancels out his man-bun look so now he’s back on my list.

Ooh! We had our first all-out betrayal that there’s no coming back from! Kendal’s girlfriend is going to have a full-on breakdown at the bonfire. Kendal doesn’t give a damn about Erica. “Oh, well, she’ll see where we stand.” Let the footage break up for him. He was obviously “here for the wrong reasons.”

Tommy has an entire short story tattooed on his back!

Surprised to hear Chelsea even acknowledge her boyfriend, since she seems to be completely about her “boyfriends” in the Villa, Blake and Tommy, and choosing between them! She’s shocked that her actual boyfriend got a kiss on the cheek, when meanwhile she in a freaking love triangle!

Erica handled this MUCH better than I anticipated! But it sounded like this was a long time coming! I hope she moves on now.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Erica handled this MUCH better than I anticipated! But it sounded like this was a long time coming! I hope she moves on now.

Agreed, though it was made more understandable when she added that, to the shock of no one, he'd already cheated on her before.

She's a tough one to figure out, she is so harsh and abrupt with the guys. Maybe she doesn't realize how she's coming off but man she should be on their 'last person I cross' list. She really lays into people.

I agree those rising and falling sheets (along with the moaning!) left little to the imagination.

And yeah less than smooth of Julian to use the line "I like you because you remind me so much of my girlfriend."

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Agreed, though it was made more understandable when she added that, to the shock of no one, he'd already cheated on her before.

She's a tough one to figure out, she is so harsh and abrupt with the guys. Maybe she doesn't realize how she's coming off but man she should be on their 'last person I cross' list. She really lays into people.

I agree those rising and falling sheets (along with the moaning!) left little to the imagination.

And yeah less than smooth of Julian to use the line "I like you because you remind me so much of my girlfriend."

And yet Erica is apparently so meek around Kendal and let’s him disrespect, cheat on, and control her with all of the “goals” he sets for her and she doesn’t live up to, according to him. Granted, we didn’t see a day in the life of their relationship, but it was certainly presented that he’s dominant and she tries (and fails) to please him—and her failure to live up to his expectations is what Kendal thinks the problem is—which of course leads us viewers to surmise that Kendal is the problem. Kendal IS still the problem!! It’s just another big issue with him we weren’t aware of—and apparently the show wasn’t either! Mark was a bit taken aback—no one told me he cheated before! He really would have been leaning into that: Are you afraid he’s going to cheat again?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

This show makes me ashamed to watch it.

I must admit that I felt exactly the same way. I didn't need the visual of Kendall naked with his hand on his junk sliding inot bed with two girls that had "started the party" before he got there. However I would say it would be hilarious if the girls decided to leave him behind and leave the island together.

Oh but I was happy to see who the girls chose to eliminate. The guys elimiated some brunettes we never see so no shock there, but the trainer really does have disney princess hair...

Uhh, yeah...

• Love 3

I guess Chelsea saw Tommy talking to Erica and couldn’t handle yet another “flirt” of a “boyfriend” so he got sent home. I don’t recall anything at all about the two guys in the middle, but the way they disrespected the women for sending them home, they obviously made the right choice! I do recall the  “champagne papi” guy, and he was even MORE over the top, so good riddance! I guess Blake the Fake is no longer fake? I suppose it was these 4 guys who called him fake for acting like their dad and calling them out for their bad behavior, so if it was these guys in particular, then I guess Blake was right all along. I’m not back on his bandwagon just yet, though. Conversely, the girls who were sent home were polite and normal. They probably have been “polite and normal” all along, and that’s why they haven’t gotten any screen time or have gotten caught up in “sexy truth or dare” games or whatnot. Speaking of “sexy whatnot”... Poor Erica thought what she saw couldn’t get worse—and it got worse! I can’t wait until one member of this “throuple” gets jealous and the whole thing blows up. I’m hoping for Kendall asking Nicole out on the next date and then Alycksyx loses her goddamned mind and goes scorched earth on the house while they’re gone. After blowing up on them when they return from the date, Nicole will say that Kendall is a bore without her, and the two of them leave together, leaving Kendall behind with nothing but some STDs and deep regret. Meanwhile, Erica gets the strength to find a good match and makes a real love connection. Is this too much to ask? If not, then I also ask for Kristin to realize how committed Julian is, and they leave the island engaged. The other 2 couples can break up or not for all I care, but I’m rooting for Erika and Julian/Kristin!

• Love 9

I know I'm supposed to be shocked (SHOCKED!) at Kendall's shenanigan's and wringing my hands over poor Erica, but it's all so over-the-top it doesn't even seem believable.  It's like they asked Central Casting to find a villain and they produced Kendall on a silver platter.  The guy is just so self-serving and cold, I can't see him being in any kind of real relationship unless it's all a put-on persona.    I also don't believe Erica could be dating the guy and have never seen this side of him before.  If she stays with him after the Alexlhggh;sis drama and the latest throw-up-all stuff, she deserves what she gets.  Heck, I would have been out after seeing the cold way he cut the other ladies.  There's practical and then there's just mean. 

Was the threesome Nikole, the same Nikole that was crying over Corey last week?  She got over that fast!  One might think she just wants as much screen time as possible.

In other news:  Chelsea seems very attractive from some angles, but not so much at others--especially when she talks.  Maybe it's just that her personality does little to enhance her physical image.

Edited by leocadia
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, leocadia said:

In other news:  Chelsea seems very attractive from some angles, but not so much at others--especially when she talks.  Maybe it's just that her personality does little to enhance her physical image.

I believe the issue is her eyebrows.

• Useful 2
9 hours ago, leocadia said:

One might think she just wants as much screen time as possible.

True, I mentioned when there was the first girl-girl kiss that it's like How To Get Screen Time 101. Alexxxis is following it to the letter since day one.

I also agree that the coldness of Kendoll was not a good look either.

• Love 5
On 2/25/2021 at 2:43 PM, Wandering Snark said:

Oh my *laughs* I just realized that if he married one of the other 'singles', Amanda, she could be Mrs. Rocky Buttery Butts.

Well butter my butt and call me a waffle!

Alexcys is coming off like the 'cool girl' right but I think Kendall will eventually lose interest in her and move on to their threesome partner or some other rando, which will push Alexcys over the edge.

• Love 1

Well I think this episode was pretty good.  Mark is doing like actual therapy here.  All of the women are having insane breakthroughs.  Some of the men are too.  I don't even remember this happening on the past 2 seasons.  I'm pretty pleasantly shocked.

What is going on with Kendall's hairline?  Is it on purpose, or is he doing that to disguise hair loss?  

I've always thought that every new season of TI has been diminishing returns since 2019 (not sure of the right way to phrase that) with Season 1 obviously being the best season.  I doubt that my impression will change, but at least this episode was kind of interesting.

It's funny/sad that Chelsea is falling for Blake already.  It's fine to have a crush or whatever, but Erica's speech about Alexcsussysss falling for Kendall could be made about Chelsea too.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6

Kendoll really over-values himself doesn't he? He still thinks that when they come back together it's going to be all cool, no problem you had a threesome. He thinks of this like a fun vacation where he gets to play around with some hot chicks and then go back to his relationship like nothing has happened. Like it's a free pass. I mean, I was stunned when he basically said that he hasn't done anything that bad that she won't just easily forgive. Because he's Mr. Wonderful I guess? Get used to being "totally single".

Oh, and Amanda? there's this weird line between saying "Aww I love you guys" and saying "I LOVE you, guys!" after you've had a threesome with said 'guys'. When she said it AleXXXis totally gave her a look... also her head kinda snapped back like she was taken aback. Awkward...

I feel sorry for Kristen and Julian. As I've said they are enmeshed you might even say they are caught in trap and can't get out. They have to somehow remove the emotion of the deaths they've helped each other through that are clouding their feelings about their own relationship. (Julian has hinted that she helped him through a death in his family too??). I hold to two important words that should sum-up their post-island time should they stay together: couples therapy.

I still find Chelsea a hard one to read. Hopefully she can realize that it's not 'Just Tom being Tom' when he flirts with anyone available. Hopefully she can see that she shouldn't forgive him when he plays the "It's just how I am" card. If he cared about how she feels he could at least try to for example keep his hands to himself. He's Mr. Cake And Eat It Too it seems.

I was glad to see Corey realize he's been treated like shit and actually does have worth. I was also glad to see Erin realizing herself that she's treated him and others like shit. Corey? Just move on. Erin? Therapy!

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Oh, and Amanda? there's this weird line between saying "Aww I love you guys" and saying "I LOVE you, guys!" after you've had a threesome with said 'guys'. When she said it AleXXXis totally gave her a look... also her head kinda snapped back like she was taken aback. Awkward...

Oh my god, I forgot about this.  The whole thing felt just sad for Amanda.

Kendall thought "we came here with no rules" meant, I can sleep with everyone and it not matter, huh? And then it'll be her fault for not 'setting' rules? Cool. Good luck with whoever ends up with him 

I feel like Chelsea and Tom are playing chicken with one another. They keep seeing each other get closer and closer to other people, so they retaliate by getting closer with their own person. I also don't think they like each other all that much (they don't kiss? ever???). Tom is a flirt and likes attention, but it is shocking the Chelsea doesn't see her dancing her ass into someone's dick and having someone's arms wrapped around her in the same vein as Tom.. placing a flower behind whatsherface's ear (which was the last bonfire thing she was so upset about). 

Kristen and Julian make me sad. I think they may be the only ones who do make it out of here and I don't think that would be a bad thing for either of them. Yeah, he cheated but if he does deal with why and then also her dealing with her grief let's her see clearly... I think they can make it out. They seem genuine. 

• Love 10

I think this season is so boring.   There’s nothing likeable about any of the singles and very few of the couples that are likeable. 

Spoiler

Rumor is all of the couples stay together.  If this is true then Erica’s friends and family need to have an intervention.  Kendall is cruel and emotionally abusive  

The audacity of Kendall talking about his future with Alycksyxcks, the number of children they’ll have, and then tells the guys that Erica will forgive him and he still has a future with her!! I’m glad the guys pointed out that he’s lying to and leading on (at least) one of these women. I can’t imagine why either one of them would want to be with him. At the very least, women of America, you have been forewarned. Stay away from this grade-A gaslighter! (Of course, sadly, plenty will flock to him to be the one whose love will change him. Ugh!) He has to be the worst person to ever appear on a dating show. At least others have had a sliver of remorse or at least realized that his girlfriend will have gotten hurt. But Kendall’s all, “no rules” means “no consequences.” Meanwhile poor Erica is thinking “no rules” means that he’ll act in accordance to his feelings to her—as if this man actually had a moral compass! Please, can we save Erica? I don’t know, let viewers fix her up with their friends and relatives or something? This poor, sweet woman has been walked all over for so long.

I also felt really badly for Julian—again. I hope that he and Kristin just send videos that reassure each other that this process has made them recommit so they can stop being in such angst.

Chelsea and Tom can go take a long walk off a short pier ( as my dad used to say) with their constant fears that the OTHER one is going to cheat while they’re all rubbing up various body parts on their new matches. You’re both losers, okay? They just each want to see the other one “cross the line” first—and then will immediately run home from the bonfire and jump in the sack—so they can say they were the wronged party. Guess what? No one cares.

Once again, I have nothing to say about Erin—and her man who is so bland (cute but not much of a personality) that I still can’t recall his name. They, too, are on this show. Break up or stay together, I won’t remember either one of you two weeks after this show ends.

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I’m glad the guys pointed out that he’s lying to and leading on (at least) one of these women

I don't think I've ever seen the other guys (or girls for that matter) turn on one of their own like that.  The sad part is that Kendall probably thinks they're "just jealous" because he's got it all going on.  You have to wonder about his standards when he thinks Alecxsxics is "discreet".

I figured out what it is about Chelsea that bothers me...when she talks, the shape of her chin and the lines around her mouth make it look like she's a ventriloquist's dummy.  Add the severe eyebrows and she's an angry dummy.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

While going off on my Kendal rant, I forgot to mention one of the worst things: when he basically pulled a Shaggy “Wasn’t Me” and was confusedly asking whatever could Erica possibly have seen to upset her so? EVERYONE was all, uh, perhaps it was when you fucked Alycksyxs—or perchance it was when you fucked Alycksccycks AND Nickole. And he was just looking at them like a confused puppy because Erica couldn’t possibly be upset about that because NO RULES. Goddamned it, Kendal. You’re an absolute monster!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

The audacity of Kendall talking about his future with Alycksyxcks, the number of children they’ll have, and then tells the guys that Erica will forgive him and he still has a future with her!! I’m glad the guys pointed out that he’s lying to and leading on (at least) one of these women. I can’t imagine why either one of them would want to be with him. At the very least, women of America, you have been forewarned. Stay away from this grade-A gaslighter! (Of course, sadly, plenty will flock to him to be the one whose love will change him. Ugh!) He has to be the worst person to ever appear on a dating show. At least others have had a sliver of remorse or at least realized that his girlfriend will have gotten hurt. But Kendall’s all, “no rules” means “no consequences.” Meanwhile poor Erica is thinking “no rules” means that he’ll act in accordance to his feelings to her—as if this man actually had a moral compass! Please, can we save Erica? I don’t know, let viewers fix her up with their friends and relatives or something? This poor, sweet woman has been walked all over for so long.

Remember David from last season?  It's a very similar situation.  And David had a lot of "fans" on IG but there were also so many people shitting on him on his posts.  LOL

2 hours ago, leocadia said:

I figured out what it is about Chelsea that bothers me...when she talks, the shape of her chin and the lines around her mouth make it look like she's a ventriloquist's dummy.  Add the severe eyebrows and she's an angry dummy.

Yeah, I'm sorry, but her eyebrows look like a child's drawing of an angry person.  Two pointy triangles that are too thin.  And I agree, she is dumb.

I think Erin's really quite hot.  But I agree, therapy would be good.  Her bland boyfriend is hot too, but not really in the way that I like.  Julian kind of is, though.

Erica's really pretty.  I see nothing attractive about Kendall, even before we found out that he's a giant mess.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Chelsea and Tom can go take a long walk off a short pier ( as my dad used to say) with their constant fears that the OTHER one is going to cheat while they’re all rubbing up various body parts on their new matches. You’re both losers, okay? They just each want to see the other one “cross the line” first—and then will immediately run home from the bonfire and jump in the sack—so they can say they were the wronged party

She does seem to be waiting for her officially acquiring "told you so" rights before making any commitments. That "See? I told you your flirting would lead you to cheating on me!!" When he's actually been trying to not give her any bonfire-related ammunition, but she sees the flower thing and goes off the rails. Baby, you look hard enough you can find enough fault with anyone. She's always just waiting and hanging on everything he does to call "I told you do" rights. It's more important than 'saving' their relationship I think. 

And that is not to mention that he can't say hi to someone without her rolling her eyes all "here we go again". However, she can lounge in the arms of some guy she barely knows in a hot tub in a bikini. I think she needs a little 'Maybe it's you?' advice from one of the girls? Not everyone is compatible especially in dating but that's why you do it, to find out.

Some of these experiments err relationships have gone wayyy past their 'fresh by' dates and need merciful endings. Figure out why it didn't work, what you learned you liked/disliked in this partner so you recognize them earlier next time and wade back out into the dating pool the wiser.  

3 hours ago, leocadia said:

Hah, this reminds me of those damn Toy Story 4 angry looking ventriloquist dummy 'guards'. Creepy!

• Love 3

I thought this episode was really pretty good. As Ms Blue Jay said, it really looks like most of them are having some pretty serious breakthroughs that give me hope they might be able to salvage their relationships.

Not Erica and Kendal though. I despise Kendal in the worst way. The man is an ass and a half. But I appreciate that Erica is seeming to realize that and that she's been working herself to death for the approval of a complete and utter scumbag. It boggles the mind that he thinks he can do whatever he wants and Erica will be cool with it. It really demonstrates how little regard he has for her, and how the only thing that matters is him. He is id personified.

I think Erin and Corey have a chance. She really seems to be coming to terms with how she's been treating him, and he's starting to realize that he has worth outside of what Erin thinks of him (hello, Erica!!!). I think if they get some pretty extensive therapy (both together and apart) they might be able to make it work. However, I wouldn't blame either of them if they decide that kind of work isn't worth it for each other and want to split to take some time for themselves. I still think they need therapy individually though, so they can be aware of their patterns and attempt to head them off in any future relationships.

Julian and Kristen are the ones that I have the highest hopes for. They both are coming to grips with the damaging mindsets they have and if they can take those realizations with them off the island, I think they can really grow from this. It's really telling how strongly both of them reacted to seeing each other's pain in the bonfire videos. There was some real anguish at not being there to help each other. Compare that to Kendal seeing Erica crying and basically going, "That's terrible she's so upset but NO RULES, I'mma keep doing what I'm doing." 🙄

I don't think Tom and Chelsea are suited for each other at all. Tom is kind of worse in my eyes, because his whole attitude seems to be, "This is who I am, she's not accepting me for who I am, I shouldn't have to change for anyone." Even his connection with whatshername (Sophia?) seems to be centered around her not wanting to change him, which. . . okay, dude. EVERYONE changes a little for their significant other. EVERYONE modifies their behavior somewhat to accommodate the person they love. She's not asking for him to completely overhaul his entire personality, just maybe draw back on the flirting a bit. Introduce her to people as his girlfriend when she's with him. To me, that's not that big a deal but if Tom centers his entire personality around being a flirt, then they won't be able to make this work. She's just too insecure for that. As for Chelsea, I'm weirdly okay with *her* flirting with Blake, mostly because I'd like her to realize that a little flirtation doesn't have to mean you don't love your SO or that you're heading down a path to cheating. I do wish she'd dial down the whole "I think I'm falling for Blake" because she's not. She just likes the attention he's giving her. Which is great! It sounds like Tom's not giving her the attention that she needs (no kissing? really?), which honestly probably feeds into her paranoia about his flirting with other women. A little attention from another man might boost her ego a little bit. I seriously doubt she and Blake are the stuff of dreams -- I still am a bit suspicious of him -- but I really don't think she and Tom are either.

• Love 10

Sooooo glad Shaq is gone.  I was just thinking about how much I dislike him.  His obsession with Erin was so weird.

Chelsea rolling her eyes and saying "Enough of the partying, please, it's so old" about her boyfriend while she's making out with Blake.  She's so odd.  

Corey's a really good-looking guy.  Erin must have some kind of power over him to make him feel so bad about himself.  (I guess I could say the same about Kendall's Svengali hold on Erica.)

I didn't understand the big chicken thighs conflict.  LOL.  It seemed to be so huge.

What was with Julian telling one of the tempters that she "grew so much"?  LOL it was so weird, like Julian's a camp counsellor or something. 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Chelsea rolling her eyes and saying "Enough of the partying, please, it's so old" about her boyfriend while she's making out with Blake.  She's so odd.  

I don't really care for Tom that much, but I don't think he was entirely wrong when he said she was projecting.  When she called him "Thomas" my first thought was "uh oh, he knows he's in trouble now" lol.

I'd really like to know what reality Kendall is living in.  I can't believe he seems to believe that his perfect self is okay to have as much sex as possible while Erica is "working on herself" enough to be someone that meets his approval.  I honestly don't get it-- what is she supposed to be lacking?  Alexafflacksis is starting to tighten the apron strings.  She's just as deluded if she thinks Kendall is all in on her.  He might "leave" the island with her to save face when Erica (hopefully) dumps his ass, but Kendall clearly only cares about Kendall.  

I think the other two couples are definitely salvageable and I'm actually rooting for Julian and Kristen to make it.  They really don't seem all that interested in the tempters.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I was really hoping Kendal's wooden box would be empty.  I actually cheered when he opened it.  He did not deserve a message from Erica.  I think it really shook him when she did not send a message.  

Chelsea wanted an excuse to make out with the younger Randy Quaid.  She saw what she wanted at the bonfire to give her a reason to cheat.  I dislike her more than Tom.  He just enjoys flirting with a 22 year old.  

Corey got such a smile on his face after watching his video from Erin.  I think that couple might just make it.  The same with Julian and Kristin.

• Love 9

Kendall's message was very telling - it was entirely about the things ERICA needed to learn, how SHE needed to grow, and how SHE should adapt in their relationship and be the person that he wants. If the two of them do end up leaving together, I really hope watching this all back knocks some sense into her. It's such an abusive relationship. 

Again, the communication skills between Tom and Chelsea are shocking. She wants him to stop being flirty. His message is 'I've embraced my flirty side like you suggested." Again, she's a giant hypocrite calling him out on partying while she is firmly planted in another man's lap. I understand not being comfortable with your partner flirting. It's either something you need to get over and trust in them that it means nothing, or they respect you enough to dial it down. 

• Love 10

These party themes are a mess. The ladies’ villa has a toga party with kings and queens instead of emperors and empresses. They’re having an Olympics, even though togas are Roman, not Greek. But that was all well and good compared to the other villa’s party! What the hell are these “costumes” in the men’s villa? A burlap sack and a king crown? A cardboard party hat on the junk? Strategically placed duct tape and washcloths?! How I yearn for the simpler times of outfits such as Mark “not THAT Mark Walberg” Walberg and his purple polo and hot pink pants. Or, parties such as the dinner party from hell with chicken-thigh-gate that shook Julian’s faith in mankind.

Is it possible that Kendal’s video was even worse than I imagined? I mean, it was totally on brand for him—reiterating no rules, but to double down that he hopes SHE is changing herself for the better so HE can stick with her?!? Oh, hell, no! I think he ALMOST teared up a bit seeing that Erica didn’t leave him a video. But just when you think there’s a glimmer of a conscience, he’s just trying to figure out how he can continue having threesomes and keep all of these women on the hook. Apparently Alezckyxcks doesn’t quite abide by “no rules” now that Nickhole has decided she’s an equal third of a throuple and not just Aleckyckzx plaything.

Julian had Kristen had sweet messages for each other, and I have all high hopes and right reasons feelings toward those two! I think Erin and Corey might actually make it, too, if she really does appreciate him more. But Chelsea and Tom. Oh, boy. They both went “extreme” in opposite ways—even though their behavior has been pretty on par with with other. It’s entirely hypocritical for Chelsea to be at once angry with Tom’s flirting—while beginning a relationship with someone else. Though, Tom really didn’t do himself any favors by saying he’s embracing his flirty side just like she always wanted? Huh? Is he pulling a Kendal here with some gaslighting? Though, not exactly sure Chelsea gets to claim superiority here. She did cross the line into kissing. Which, easy to gloss over compared to Kendal’s actions—but still a betrayal of the relationship, especially since I think everyone aside from Kendal has “rules.”

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

How bad in bed must Kendall be that Alexsex, who is so desperate for her 15min of fame that she would cut off her nose if production asked, refused to have sex with him a second time even though it is guaranteed camera time.  Dude probably hasn’t satisfied a women sexually in years and years.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

How bad in bed must Kendall be that Alexsex, who is so desperate for her 15min of fame that she would cut off her nose if production asked, refused to have sex with him a second time even though it is guaranteed camera time.  Dude probably hasn’t satisfied a women sexually in years and years.

I think Alecksex wants to keep sleeping with Kendal—she’s just getting jealous that Kendal also wants to keep sleeping with Nickhole. She very much played up the sex-positive, bi-sexual wild child thing when it was bringing her more attention (and camera time) but now suddenly Nickole thinks she’s a part of a throuple and is inviting herself into the relationship—or bedroom—and Alycksex doesn’t like that at all. She’s going to be devastated when Kendal (likely, I assume) ends up sleeping with Nickole without her and/or he tries to get back together with Erica—because I thought you understood, this was “no rules,” baby. A lot of these temptors/temptresses really seem to think they’re moments away from being the new steady relationship; Alycksex in particular seems to be trying to reign this into an exclusive relationship. Oh, honey. You’re better off just sticking with Nickole and kicking Kendal out of bed!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

These party themes are a mess. The ladies’ villa has a toga party with kings and queens instead of emperors and empresses. They’re having an Olympics, even though togas are Roman, not Greek. But that was all well and good compared to the other villa’s party! What the hell are these “costumes” in the men’s villa? A burlap sack and a king crown? A cardboard party hat on the junk? Strategically placed duct tape and washcloths?! How I yearn for the simpler times of outfits such as Mark “not THAT Mark Walberg” Walberg and his purple polo and hot pink pants. Or, parties such as the dinner party from hell with chicken-thigh-gate that shook Julian’s faith in mankind.

They were doing a anything but clothes party. Abc. So they fashioned garments out of whatever they could find. They said this in the episode.

18 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Sooooo glad Shaq is gone.  I was just thinking about how much I dislike him.  His obsession with Erin was so weird.

I fail to see how he was anymore obsessed than most other temptees have with the people they are interested in. 

I think she was too tempted so she got rid of him. And it could be editing but she seems to be starting the process over again with another guy. 

I don't think she will ever cheat but I think she does love to flirt but stop it cold if it threatens to grow into something more.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Tom, I'm not sure if the word 'embracing' was really what Chelsea hoping you'd be doing re: your flirting. I men was he thinking that 'See I've been flirtier than ever and still haven't crossed any lines!' would be a good angle to work? It's interesting that at this point they both think the other is cheating. It kind of shows that their relationship is fundamentally flawed and their communication sucks. This one's over folks!

It's good to see Alexxxys trying to make Kendall slow his throuple roll. We'll see how that works (or doesn't!) for her. I don't think Kendall gives a damn as long as his ego is being fed and he feel like he's calling the shots, so you could see the wheels turning with his trying to angle for a 1-on-1 with Nichole. He's just an egoist that thinks with his dick.

I'm glad he didn't get a video and that he continued to be an ass to Erica in his to her so she doesn't forget what he's like. It was like "I hope you are working on being someone more worthy of me while I take a vacation from our relationship at a swinger resort." Tone deaf to the max. I hope there really is a 'new Erica' that won't take his shit but I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm warming to Julian and Kristian, I'd like to see them rise above the complications they've seen impact their relationship. I still however hold to they need to become distinct people within a couple instead of only knowing themselves as 'Julian's Girlfriend' and 'Kristian's Boyfriend'.

I think Corey has been gaining a bit of a glint in his eye and swagger in his step, and he may realize/convince himself he's too good for her. He'd probably be right, based on their past relationship pattern, but it could truly suck for Erin. She seems to be doubling down on Corey and Corey is if anything going in the other direction.

All that said I kept wondering when this episode would be over because mannn were there some slowww parts.

• Love 3

How any woman - Grace! - can face a group of men - That includes Kendal! - and say they showed her not all men are assholes proves the utter ridiculousness of this show.

Yet, I watch.

• LOL 4
42 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

How any woman - Grace! - can face a group of men - That includes Kendal! - and say they showed her not all men are assholes proves the utter ridiculousness of this show.

Yet, I watch.

Haha. To be fair, they’re not all assholes. Julian is a pretty decent dude. But if she came onto this show with a preconceived notion that all men are assholes, then she’s probably come across a lot of Kendals in her life, and presumably isn’t as shocked by his behavior as we viewers are. Yet, you brought up a good point that there was far too much focus on the tempters /temptresses talking about how THEY have grown and the lessons THEY have learned as if they’re equal participants in this show. I hate to break it to you, but no one cares about your journey here. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 3/31/2021 at 5:58 PM, Racj82 said:

I fail to see how he was anymore obsessed than most other temptees have with the people they are interested in. 

I think she was too tempted so she got rid of him. And it could be editing but she seems to be starting the process over again with another guy. 

I don't think she will ever cheat but I think she does love to flirt but stop it cold if it threatens to grow into something more.

I do not think Erin was even 1% interested in Shaq, which is one reason why Shaq's obsession with her was not fun for me to watch.  Any "interest" Erin "had" or "showed" Shaq was simply her attempt at being "nice" in my opinion.

I don't even think I've seen Erin flirt with Shaq, she was simply being nice and friendly in response to his obsession, and she probably felt like she didn't know what else to do. Any time she acted in a way that was not 100% catering towards him, he seemed upset, which is another reason why his obsession was not fun for me to watch.

Blake, Alexcississis, and all of the other people whose names I do not know did not act like this.  The only time I've seen a tempter act like this was when Amanda was crying earlier on in the season.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I do not think Erin was even 1% interested in Shaq, which is one reason why Shaq's obsession with her was not fun for me to watch.  Any "interest" Erin "had" or "showed" Shaq was simply her attempt at being "nice" in my opinion.

I don't even think I've seen Erin flirt with Shaq, she was simply being nice and friendly in response to his obsession, and she probably felt like she didn't know what else to do. Any time she acted in a way that was not 100% catering towards him, he seemed upset, which is another reason why his obsession was not fun for me to watch.

Blake, Alexcississis, and all of the other people whose names I do not know did not act like this.  The only time I've seen a tempter act like this was when Amanda was crying earlier on in the season.

Eh, agree to disagree. 

To an extent anyway. I did watch a clip after posting that made me look at him a bit differently. 

When I talk about the temptees  I was talking in general terms. This show, over the years, that get far more interested in the person in a couple or too possessive. 

With Shaq,  he had some of that but I also feel like it's a bit overblown too.

• Love 1
On 4/1/2021 at 3:45 PM, JenE4 said:

Haha. To be fair, they’re not all assholes.  

True. I don't think Julian or Corey are, and I have hopes that Julian/Kristen and Corey/Erin leave the island together. Kendal, on the other hand, is a real piece of work. The man could do with some hard-core therapy, because he doesn't understand (or care about) other people or his impact on them at all. 

Stick to your guns, Erica! Let him eat your dust!

7 hours ago, Racj82 said:

With Shaq,  he had some of that but I also feel like it's a bit overblown too.

Yeah, I think most of the tempters are just faking it for the cameras, and Shaq was no exception. I didn't feel he was genuine at all.

• Love 2
On 4/2/2021 at 4:47 PM, Fellaway said:

True. I don't think Julian or Corey are, and I have hopes that Julian/Kristen and Corey/Erin leave the island together. Kendal, on the other hand, is a real piece of work. The man could do with some hard-core therapy, because he doesn't understand (or care about) other people or his impact on them at all. 

Stick to your guns, Erica! Let him eat your dust!

Yeah, I think most of the tempters are just faking it for the cameras, and Shaq was no exception. I didn't feel he was genuine at all.

While I did think she ousted Shaq because she did feel somewhat tempted by him, there were definitely strange aspects to him.  Most notably that conversation where he says something to the effect of “When you adore someone so much as I do you....” was something that really made my eye brows go up - it was strange to me, though I think he seemed like a good guy.

Let me put it this way, I like his personality a lot more than Blake who drives me up the wall.  

• Love 3

Not a lot of new info on the show tonight, it seemed like a repeat of what we've been seeing all along.

Tom and Chelsea are making me tired of their "relationship"  They've never come across as even liking each other very much, let alone being in love.

I would like to buy a drink for the girl who straight up asked Kendall how he would feel if he saw Erica doing the things he'd been doing.  Her expression when he answered was priceless!  If anyone can get a screenshot of her face in that moment, I will buy them a drink too!  When Mark basically asked the same thing at the bonfire, I was hoping that he would ask Kendall how he would feel if he saw Erica in a threesome with two of the guys.   I love that his counterpoint is still that it isn't about what he does since they came to TI with an understanding that it was all about Erica improving herself.   I wonder how hard he (Kendall) has to work to believe his own BS.  Yeah, sure Aleafldfhsis, he'll totally treat you differently.  One minute he's agreeing with Alexyconsis about how great they could be together and in the next he's talking about staying with Erica after they talk.  He does know this is on camera, right?  

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, leocadia said:

Not a lot of new info on the show tonight, it seemed like a repeat of what we've been seeing all along.

Tom and Chelsea are making me tired of their "relationship"  They've never come across as even liking each other very much, let alone being in love.

I would like to buy a drink for the girl who straight up asked Kendall how he would feel if he saw Erica doing the things he'd been doing.  Her expression when he answered was priceless!  If anyone can get a screenshot of her face in that moment, I will buy them a drink too!  When Mark basically asked the same thing at the bonfire, I was hoping that he would ask Kendall how he would feel if he saw Erica in a threesome with two of the guys.   I love that his counterpoint is still that it isn't about what he does since they came to TI with an understanding that it was all about Erica improving herself.   I wonder how hard he (Kendall) has to work to believe his own BS.  Yeah, sure Aleafldfhsis, he'll totally treat you differently.  One minute he's agreeing with Alexyconsis about how great they could be together and in the next he's talking about staying with Erica after they talk.  He does know this is on camera, right?  

Kendal for sure is “diagnosable”—as what, I’m not sure. Sociopathic narcissist? It’s beyond comprehension whether he actually believes the things he says. Is it possible to have absolutely no self-reflection—not even just a smidge?? I almost fell out of my chair when he said how it’s all good because “they already decided” their issues were 100% that Erica needs to change! I still can’t get over the fact that Alycksex thinks he’s going to be an amazing boyfriend and they’ll live happily ever after. I thought she ALMOST caught on when she asked what will keep Kendal from looking for her faults, but she just let him say she’s different. I feel like Alycksex needs a “bonfire video” too so she can see that Kendal is telling everyone else who will listen that he’s still planning on getting back with Erica—as long as she improved herself. I mean, I think Alycksex was actually there when he said it one time, but she’s so deluded. But even sad old Nickhole is falling for it: Maybe I’ll leave with Erica or Alycksex—or maybe Nickhole. What is happening here?!? How are all of these women falling for this??? Is it just because he’s “supposed to be” desirable as a contestant on this show? I’m at the point where I’m actually concerned for the well-being of these people. I just want to snark on these people and unwind from my day. Now here I am worrying that this ultra dysfunctional man has a “platform” to victimize more women! Though, it sounds like Erica is repeating the patterns she saw growing up, so maybe this connection is enough for her to start the healing process from that. Kendal thinks he’s going to “fix” all of these women to be the go-getter image he desires, but instead he’ll help them all realize their “daddy issues.” Ugh! 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, leocadia said:

What was so strange was that she seemed to be more upset he 'wasn't taking it seriously' because he was simply flirting and dancing(allegedly that was dancing), which is somehow worse than actually falling in love and making out with another person like she is? 

I missed the convo Kendall had on his date so hearing the video where he essentially said he had no compassion(passion?) for Erica anymore? Good god. Incredibly cruel. 

• Love 7
(edited)
On 4/7/2021 at 12:36 AM, leocadia said:

I would like to buy a drink for the girl who straight up asked Kendall how he would feel if he saw Erica doing the things he'd been doing.  Her expression when he answered was priceless!  If anyone can get a screenshot of her face in that moment, I will buy them a drink too!  

It's tough with the file restrictions, but here:

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 11.23.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 11.19.02 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 11.19.25 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 11.20.04 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 11.21.07 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 11.21.18 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 11.21.51 AM.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5

Is anyone else as shocked as I was that Kendal actually took Alycksex on the overnight date and didn’t ditch her for Nickole, which would have been the perfect out for him since the unmatched girls were immediately sent home. But, I do love that everyone else got fantasy dates in helicopters, yachts, and  jungle waterfalls—and all Kendal and Alycksex got was a glass of rose by the pool on another end of the resort! Haha!

Stupid Sophia is so thrilled that Tom kissed her and didn’t catch on that “everything changed after the bonfire” not because Tom recognized his feelings for HER, but because Chelsea moved on and made out with another dude.  Gurrrrl. Please. He’s using you! It’s never been more apparent that she’s a mere 22 compared to his (immature) 37! 

So cute that Julian had his “date” help him ring shop. It’s great that he found a real friendship.

I’m still not sure about Chelsea and Blake, but I think it’s just because something is “off” about them as individual people, not even just as a couple. Huh? “Good night.” What happened to the “overnight” part of the overnight dates? I’m actually shocked they didn’t spend the night together.

Go, Erika! Get it, girl! She’s taking advantage of the overnight date!

As usual, nothing really noteworthy out of Erin, Corey, or Kristin’s dates. These are other people who exist on the island but do not make for great TV. Kristin gets a pass, as she’ll at least get a proposal, and we’re rooting for her to say yes because we’re invested in Julian, but not necessarily her. Erin and Corey seem like a misguided casting, as they neither has a discernible personality. In fact, Corey’s entire personality is admitting he doesn’t have a personality in Erin’s shadow. But she has such little personality herself, that it doesn’t take much to overshadow him, apparently.

I’m actually looking forward to Tom and Chelsea’s final bonfire now, since he only moved on with Sophia physically because Chelsea “cheated,” but yet he was the one who spent the right with his temptress, not her. Juicy!

• Love 6

And Julian's ring shopping partner was Tula.

This episode was soooooo boring for me, and I love this show.  The show is ending now, Kendall is not going to do anymore scandals, and we're heading towards the end.  Ah well.  This time I don't think I'll really miss TI when it's over.  Onto all my other reality shows like RHONY.  

• Love 4

This is the most boring season of TI by far.  Julian and Kristen are the only couple I’m interested in seeing at the final bonfire.

Kendal plays these women off of each other and when they act jealous or upset he gets a smug little smile cause the attention is all on him.  He is an ugly narcissist and any woman he winds up with will be miserable.

Edited by Booger666
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

And Julian's ring shopping partner was Tula.

This episode was soooooo boring for me, and I love this show.  The show is ending now, Kendall is not going to do anymore scandals, and we're heading towards the end.  Ah well.  This time I don't think I'll really miss TI when it's over.  Onto all my other reality shows like RHONY.  

I got through this episode in less than 15 minutes. A bunch of fast forwarding and I missed nothing. 

I've realized that I don't miss many shows when they on hiatus these days. Just gives me time to watch other things. 

I really won't miss this one though. Bad casting this season. 

• Love 2