Type keyword(s) to search

Temptation Island (2019) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Ah, another woman who is upset that her boyfriend wants her to be happy and isn't ~assertive (code for asshole) enough for her. 

I guarantee the "how dare you ask if a woman can sit on your bed" and "BE MORE MANLY" girls are the first to cheat. 

• Love 2

Ugh. They must have done studies or focus groups to determine that people who watch reality TV feel insecure/upset/don’t watch TV if the cast is too good looking. Literally everyone under 30 wants to be famous and this is the best they can do for “temptation”? They didn’t even bother showing all the introductions because the cast is so weak. They used to feature models and actors on reality tv but I guess they didn’t do well ratings-wise. I feel like you could go into a random yoga studio and find more attractive people to try and break up these couples. 

• Love 4

I was really disappointed in the 24 tempters or whatever they call them.  I don't think most of them will be very tempting at all.  Several of the guys all looked the same and it wasn't a good look.  The females all seemed to be dressed cheap.  Were all the good looking people scared of Covid?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Hmm. So far no one seems to be dragged there against their will or having a sheer panic attack that their partner will cheat. So, I’m already assuming all of these couples will break up. That older dude might try to abstain from cheating to prove himself to his younger girlfriend, but otherwise I didn’t really get any strong commitment vibes from any of these couples. I think it’s more of a matter of what other opportunity am I going to get during a pandemic to trade up on my partner?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LakeGal said:

I was really disappointed in the 24 tempters or whatever they call them.  I don't think most of them will be very tempting at all.  Several of the guys all looked the same and it wasn't a good look.  The females all seemed to be dressed cheap.  Were all the good looking people scared of Covid?

The same thing happened on Love Island, and the result was that none of the people seemed attracted to each other and people came and went without any interest. Boring. 

Maybe it’s COVID, I just assumed most of the people watching are too insecure to want to watch really good looking people on TV. They ruin TV for all of us. I’m stuck at home freezing, at least find people who look good on bathing suits!

Katrina is legit good looking (and a model). Kristen is really pretty and seems cool. Other than that I’m not impressed. 

This first episode was sooooooooooooooooooooo boring.

Ashley from last season would have had sex with someone by now!

And I miss Esonica just because she was so damn pretty.

The guy who is obsessed with his woman having goals and not accomplishing them?  I'd run out the door so fast !!!  Before you could say the "Hash" part of "Hashtag Goals"

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The guy who is obsessed with his woman having goals and not accomplishing them?  I'd run out the door so fast !!!  Before you could say the "Hash" part of "Hashtag Goals"

Seriously. She's 24. She's probably figuring things out and maybe having someone supportive rather than judgmental might be more what she needs. These two and the "he flirts" couple I think will be the most interesting for me to watch. 

BTW,  https://www.usanetwork.com/temptation-island/credits/cast/erica-kendal

Kendal's last name is Kirkland and hers is Washington = Kirkland, Washington. Ha!. Home of Costco and thus the namesake house brand Kirkland. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Refresh said:

Seriously. She's 24. She's probably figuring things out and maybe having someone supportive rather than judgmental might be more what she needs. These two and the "he flirts" couple I think will be the most interesting for me to watch. 

What did she even have to work on?  She's gorgeous, thin, and young.  That's all I'd ever make a deal with the devil for.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

What did she even have to work on?  She's gorgeous, thin, and young.  That's all I'd ever make a deal with the devil for.  

My guess is he has more ambitious goals than those shallow ones. But, hey, find someone who is driven and ambitious.

10 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I was really disappointed in the 24 tempters or whatever they call them.

I hate to say it, but when the lights came up on the women I said 'Oooh there's some dogs in that pound.' They are just like the Covid version of Love 'Island' (on the roof). On LI they got worse as time went on and here we've started already at the bottom of the casting barrel it would seem. Exceptions are few and far between.

*looks at the USA site to remember names*

Whenever Chelsea talks I think of a young Reba McEntire... So I will probably just call her Reba. And Reba? She's is trouble, baby.

Kendall is definitely looking to trade up, with all his talk of 'goals' and 'ambition'. Too bad these are his options; but hey, free vacation!

Erin & Corey I just don't know about this they seem fundamentally mismatched but both are actually confused about how they 'work' together. If they both figure that out, especially her, they could stay together. I think he's going to figure it out first however and will be released back into the wild looking for someone more compatible.

Ahh Kristen and Julian... all I've ever wanted is someone to look deeply, passionately and fully into my eyes and tell me they 'love the shit out of me'. I'm sure I'm not alone. Some times you have to let go of high-school. He obviously hasn't as he's still reliving his 'glory years' being the stud athlete. It's amazing how little I 'believe' in them as a couple when they have been together for over a decade. Love the shit out of me or get off the pot!

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Racj82 said:

My guess is he has more ambitious goals than those shallow ones. But, hey, find someone who is driven and ambitious.

I only saw them working out together, and whenever she would get tired, he'd get annoyed with her or push her.  I didn't hear about any non-superficial goals yet, but I guess I'll see.

Two people are rarely "driven and ambitious" in the same exact way.  This isn't Macbeth.  If the guy wants someone "driven and ambitious" that's fine but her goals might be completely different than the man's and she might accomplish her goals in completely different ways or at completely different speeds, so he would actually not ever have to tell her what to do.  He should have goals for himself, not for her.  He can't decide what she wants to accomplish.  She wants a boyfriend, not a coach.  If she wants a coach get a coach! 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I only saw them working out together, and whenever she would get tired, he'd get annoyed with her or push her.  I didn't hear about any non-superficial goals yet, but I guess I'll see.

Two people are rarely "driven and ambitious" in the same exact way.  This isn't Macbeth.  If the guy wants someone "driven and ambitious" that's fine but her goals might be completely different than the man's and she might accomplish her goals in completely different ways or at completely different speeds, so he would actually not ever have to tell her what to do.  He should have goals for himself, not for her.  He can't decide what she wants to accomplish.  She wants a boyfriend, not a coach.  If she wants a coach get a coach! 

I was responding to the thought of she's beautiful, young and in great shape. What else could he want? My answer would be more than that.

I'm not defending him at all. You want someone with loftier goals or whatever, week that our. Don't try to change the one you are with. Especially, when they aren't feeling they are in need of change.

47 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

I was responding to the thought of she's beautiful, young and in great shape. What else could he want? My answer would be more than that.

Ok, I was kind of kidding with that remark

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
On 2/17/2021 at 7:16 AM, Stan39 said:

Erin and Chelsea can kick rocks. The other couples at least seem somewhat mature. 

Right?!  If I was single, I'd kill for the guy Erin has.  He seems like such a sweet, mature guy but because she's only used to dating jerks, she can't figure out how to be happy with a good guy.  Her loss.  Someone will scoop him right up while she's still spinning her wheels not able to figure out why her love life is such a mess.  

• Love 6

This season is already getting really hilarious in episode 2.

The blonde, I think her name is Erin, treating having a boyfriend who (GASSSSSSSP) DOESN'T LIKE SCUBA DIVING with the seriousness of as if she just found out that he's a murderer HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

Kendall (?) being immediately attracted to the blonde woman because she said that she's a cheater!  !!!!  That really shows you the kind of person he is!

Kendall is 100% definitely emotionally abusive and his poor girlfriend needs to leave him ASAP and get help.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 10

First time watcher (it's amazing what I find entertaining during a pandemic).  I think I have the premise down but a couple questions: how long is this experiment?  Do the couples spend any time together during it? Do both the men & women have to sit through that bonfire thing?  Why do they have such a tiny screen at the bonfire?  Where the hell did they find this host?

Kendall's a dick. Thomas is losing his hair. Chelsea's an annoying "me too" girl.  She totally took Erica's story as her own.  Sorry, I don't see her as a giver.  The guy (Juwan?) who got all in Kristen's face is an ass looking for camera time.  Soccer girl is just looking to trade up.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, snarts said:

First time watcher (it's amazing what I find entertaining during a pandemic).  I think I have the premise down but a couple questions: how long is this experiment?  Do the couples spend any time together during it? Do both the men & women have to sit through that bonfire thing?  Why do they have such a tiny screen at the bonfire?  Where the hell did they find this host?

😄😄

This show actually started in 2001, back in the glory days of reality tv!   I don't know how long the show lasted, maybe 3 seasons?

THEN THEY BROUGHT THE SHOW BACK IN 2019!!!!!!   It was soooo exciting (for me) because I remember loving TI back in those 2001 days!  It's so funny that it's back. EVEN FUNNIER?  That host is the SAME HOST from the 2001 glory days!  He's just been sitting in a glass box!  WAITING!

Do the couples spend any time together during it?  I think that the answer is No.

Do both the men & women have to sit through that bonfire thing?   The answer is DEFINITELY YES!!!!

WELCOME!  Enjoy!

From Wikipedia:

Seasons:

1 ----- 8 eps - January 10, 2001 - October 31, 2001

2 ------- 12 eps - November 7, 2001 - February 14, 2002

3 --------- 8 eps - August 28, 2003 - September 29, 2003

(extremely long break where we assumed TI was gone forever)

4 ------11 eps ---  January 15, 2019 - March 26, 2019

5 ----- 11 eps ------ October 10, 2019 - December 19, 2019

6 -- TBA eps ----  February 16, 2021 - TBD

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I believe the screen at the bonfire is small because they have the choice of watching it with the others or taking it and watching it privately.

They also used to have a 'you don't have to watch' clause that I believe has gone the way of the 'watch alone option' which I didn't hear mentioned at the first bonfire!

So this week...

Thomas is clearly a "the world revolves around me because I'm so charming" kind of guy. And Reba, if you don't want to be relegated to 'sit there and look pretty' detail you need to find a guy that still notices you when other people are around. He's probably not going to cheat on you but you 'role' in your relationship will always be secondary to his exploits. Self-expressed 'givers' are not so good in this role however, so you clearly need to stop crying and move on. To quote Moira of the past Love Island season... you need someone who will fill your love tank. It may not work for you always having to empty yours.

Kendal continues to show he's looking for any hookup that might come his way before leaving the island with Erica only if nothing else works out for him. As for the current object of his affection does anything else scream "Look at me I'm great reality teevee!! Give meeee screen time!" than the 'lesbian kiss' and 'sexy' lap dancing? Also the spelling of her name is driving me nuts. Alexcys? Seriously people? But man she was on Kendal like white on rice... so desperate!

I did love Erica for her telling the shooting champagne everywhere guy (Evan) to clean that shit up, we LIVE here. He of course instantly labelled her a party pooper and a bitch. 

Erin took about a second to pick the former soccer dude (Griffin) and poor Corey needs to bail on the 'I push away everyone I love' rollercoaster Erin had him on and one who instead will make him king and comfort him like one of the numerous blondes wanted to. Unless he turns out to actually be a dick (always a possibility!) I felt bad for the dude. He did take it pretty hard. But man, maybe realize that when the first thing you say about your relationship is 'Well, we're not compatible.' it might not be the most healthy relationship you've ever been in. Erin looks like she is in the running to take this year's 'always crushed at every bonfire' crown. She already was regretting coming day 1 and it won't get much better for her I assume.

BTW the USA site has updated with pics of all the 'tempters'. I used it to remember that it's Lauryn who has Disney Princess hair. She apparently is also a recently divorced personal trainer.

• Love 3

It could've been a Franken-bite but Maya said about Tom, "he's looking at me like I had horns coming out of my head" while she LITERALLY has devil horns on her head in the scene she's talking about. Oh this show.

I feel for Erica. She was so honest at the bonfire about her feelings. It sounds like she's being treated as an "underperforming"/undervalued employee in her relationship with Kendal. Kendal, who as it's already been pointed out, has some questionable taste in that he immediately locked in with the cheater of women. 

They seemed to do away with the "block", where the other part of the couple gets to block a single from going on dates with their partner. Either they removed it or no one chose to do it so they didn't edit it in. It never seemed like that good of a strategy anyway. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

They also used to have a 'you don't have to watch' clause that I believe has gone the way of the 'watch alone option' which I didn't hear mentioned at the first bonfire!

So this week...

Thomas is clearly a "the world revolves around me because I'm so charming" kind of guy. And Reba, if you don't want to be relegated to 'sit there and look pretty' detail you need to find a guy that still notices you when other people are around. He's probably not going to cheat on you but you 'role' in your relationship will always be secondary to his exploits. Self-expressed 'givers' are not so good in this role however, so you clearly need to stop crying and move on. To quote Moira of the past Love Island season... you need someone who will fill your love tank. It may not work for you always having to empty yours.

Kendal continues to show he's looking for any hookup that might come his way before leaving the island with Erica only if nothing else works out for him. As for the current object of his affection does anything else scream "Look at me I'm great reality teevee!! Give meeee screen time!" than the 'lesbian kiss' and 'sexy' lap dancing? Also the spelling of her name is driving me nuts. Alexcys? Seriously people? But man she was on Kendal like white on rice... so desperate!

I did love Erica for her telling the shooting champagne everywhere guy (Evan) to clean that shit up, we LIVE here. He of course instantly labelled her a party pooper and a bitch. 

Erin took about a second to pick the former soccer dude (Griffin) and poor Corey needs to bail on the 'I push away everyone I love' rollercoaster Erin had him on and one who instead will make him king and comfort him like one of the numerous blondes wanted to. Unless he turns out to actually be a dick (always a possibility!) I felt bad for the dude. He did take it pretty hard. But man, maybe realize that when the first thing you say about your relationship is 'Well, we're not compatible.' it might not be the most healthy relationship you've ever been in. Erin looks like she is in the running to take this year's 'always crushed at every bonfire' crown. She already was regretting coming day 1 and it won't get much better for her I assume.

BTW the USA site has updated with pics of all the 'tempters'. I used it to remember that it's Lauryn who has Disney Princess hair. She apparently is also a recently divorced personal trainer.

Thanks for posting the links to the profiles! I am terrible with names and will need to continually cross-reference. (I was already impressed how you all used names!) There is a guy named Rocky Buttery. Say what?! Why would his parents give him two adjectives—that don’t even go together—as a name? I had some cognitive dissonance that Rocky Buttery wasn’t followed by a noun such as Peanut Brittle.

But, anyhoo, back to the show! This episode ramped up over last week! We definitely have some people dragged here against their will after all! It looks like Thomas and Corey will likely remain chaste—at least for several weeks. But Chelsea and Erica—although at this time are weepy and scared—will be likely to “find their inner strength” and “choose themselves”—while hooking up with some other guy. Though, it was very telling that Chelsea said she has has this dynamic in ALL of her relationships. Girl, the common denominator is YOU. The fact that she still hasn’t figured this out and instead is blaming every boyfriend and friend she’s ever had for “taking advantage of her giving nature” is a field of red flags. 

Kendall and Erin could not wait to trade up to someone “more deserving of their admiration.” Though, is bare-ass grinding (those 3-inch square fishnets covered nothing) and underboob a sign of high ambition and achieving life goals? What exactly are you looking for in a mate, Kendall?? I don’t need to ask Erin. It’s soccer. Full stop. 

Kristin and Julian are most likely to get engaged in the finale. Kristin even picked the one dude who sort of looks like Julian—though Julian is like one step closer to Neanderthal.

I see that Mark didn’t get those chompers fixed in the off season. Still can barely move his mouth around those terrible veneers. Maybe part-time TV host doesn’t come with a dental plan.

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Thanks for posting the links to the profiles! I am terrible with names and will need to continually cross-reference. (I was already impressed how you all used names!) There is a guy named Rocky Buttery. Say what?! Why would his parents give him two adjectives—that don’t even go together—as a name? I had some cognitive dissonance that Rocky Buttery wasn’t followed by a noun such as Peanut Brittle.

But, anyhoo, back to the show! This episode ramped up over last week! We definitely have some people dragged here against their will after all! It looks like Thomas and Corey will likely remain chaste—at least for several weeks. But Chelsea and Erica—although at this time are weepy and scared—will be likely to “find their inner strength” and “choose themselves”—while hooking up with some other guy. Though, it was very telling that Chelsea said she has has this dynamic in ALL of her relationships. Girl, the common denominator is YOU. The fact that she still hasn’t figured this out and instead is blaming every boyfriend and friend she’s ever had for “taking advantage of her giving nature” is a field of red flags. 

Kendall and Erin could not wait to trade up to someone “more deserving of their admiration.” Though, is bare-ass grinding (those 3-inch square fishnets covered nothing) and underboob a sign of high ambition and achieving life goals? What exactly are you looking for in a mate, Kendall?? I don’t need to ask Erin. It’s soccer. Full stop. 

Kristin and Julian are most likely to get engaged in the finale. Kristin even picked the one dude who sort of looks like Julian—though Julian is like one step closer to Neanderthal.

I see that Mark didn’t get those chompers fixed in the off season. Still can barely move his mouth around those terrible veneers. Maybe part-time TV host doesn’t come with a dental plan.

Agree with a lot of this. All of these people seem awful. Thomas is a douche, that being said Chelsea uses her insecurity to manipulate people to feel sorry for her and justify her behavior. When she’s back at the Villa she didn’t seem to have a problem flirting and partying with other guys, but when people ask her about her relationship she’s a victim. That being said, Thomas sucks. Especially for being 37. He should be more self aware. Though, I’m glad he didn’t apologize to that one girl who tried to call him out. She completely misrepresented what he said and didn’t seem interested in hearing other opinions. Whatever she may think, the show is designed where the couples are the “stars” and the singles are supporting cast. Not saying they have less value, but for the show there’s a class system. 

Kristin seems stuck up and full of herself. Some of the guys did behave poorly, but she just seemed uppity. She signed up to be on a show knowing she’d be surrounded by single guys specifically trying to “tempt” her, yet seemed put off that they were even there. I realize she’s adjusting to the situation but she could try harder. Julian doesn’t seem like he has a personality besides “kinda looking like Aquaman”

Kendal and Alexis are both so awful they deserve each other. I just feel bad for Erica because she’ll get hurt in the process. The fact that both Kendal and Alexis think Alexis puts up walls because she cheated on a guy??? is the most interesting thing about her tells you all you need to know about either. 

Cory and Erin seem dull. Someone needs to tell Erin that, “former soccer player” is not a personality trait. 

As for the singles, I started following a couple on IG and I was expecting a lot more from the devils and angels party. They were showing clips that suggested a lot more happened, so I’m surprised how relatively tame it all was. 

Still not sure about the season. These shows need to get the main cast right to spark interest and it’s hard to care about any of these people together or in relationships. I guess it would be nice to see Erica do something to provoke Kendal, but even that would be kind of meh. 

• Love 6

There is a whole school of pick up artists out there, which is men who do all sorts of manipulative tactics to try and land an insecure women, like "Negging".

Alexcys is like the female version of that.  Everything she said to Kendall was so manipulative and Kendall is such a big dumb idiot that it worked like magic.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, JenE4 said:

There is a guy named Rocky Buttery. Say what?! Why would his parents give him two adjectives—that don’t even go together—as a name? I had some cognitive dissonance that Rocky Buttery wasn’t followed by a noun such as Peanut Brittle.

Oh my *laughs* I just realized that if he married one of the other 'singles', Amanda, she could be Mrs. Rocky Buttery Butts.

• LOL 7
On 2/24/2021 at 11:58 PM, Refresh said:

They seemed to do away with the "block", where the other part of the couple gets to block a single from going on dates with their partner. Either they removed it or no one chose to do it so they didn't edit it in. It never seemed like that good of a strategy anyway.

Wondered about this, too.  Looks like all the guys are wearing the cheesy necklaces so I wonder if it will appear later in the season.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 11/23/2019 at 10:50 AM, Refresh said:

He also punched the chair/bench so I think he was physically hurting because of that. When he was sitting on the couch rubbing his arm that's why, he didn't look that deep in thought. The couch wailing was hard to watch. That said, and TV can be misleading, but I don't see a lot of depth in that guy. I believe he's hurting, but I don't think he's enough in touch with his emotions to know why. 

It's telling that Ashley said she'd never been kissed like Ben kissed her. Casey only gives her pecks. Really? Oof girl you have been missing out then. She's young but i've enjoyed seeing her grow in confidence and mature. 

The tempter girls commenting about David/Tonata talking about spinach and being boring together was hilarious especially when they then got pooped on by a bird. Funny. David keeps saying he and Toenata have deep talks but either they haven't aired them or I have a different understanding of what deep means. 

Rick & Ashley should not remain a couple. I think it made Ashley temporarily feel better to cheat on him but once they were evened up on that count...  you have to look at what there is. They both seem exhausted by their relationship. Both Ashley & Rick connected with kind of awful tempters which I hope doesn't obscure how they see things.

Esonica is gorgeous, smart. I don't see what she sees in Gavin. He seems kinda basic (as they say).

I finally watched this season. Gavin was such a loser at the reunions. The way he went on and on about her being a liar and yet he cheated in the past? What a fool.

Just now, Chalby said:

I finally watched this season. Gavin was such a loser at the reunion. The way he went on and on about her being a liar and yet he cheated in the past? What a fool.

On 2/25/2021 at 5:16 AM, Stan39 said:

Kristin seems stuck up and full of herself. Some of the guys did behave poorly, but she just seemed uppity. She signed up ...

Are you saying kristin appears uppity because she doesn't want guys acting like the house is a frat party? I don't understand what she did that was wrong.

• Love 14
On 2/27/2021 at 11:22 AM, Booger666 said:

Wondered about this, too.  Looks like all the guys are wearing the cheesy necklaces so I wonder if it will appear later in the season.

I’m pretty sure the necklaces are microphones.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 2/28/2021 at 1:53 AM, Chalby said:

Are you saying kristin appears uppity because she doesn't want guys acting like the house is a frat party? I don't understand what she did that was wrong.

I was with her on the cleaning part. But, beyond that, she is giving off the vibe that she doesn't want to be there or really be involved in gimmick which will make it hard for anyone to really want to talk to her. I could also see it being read that she thinks she is above the show or uppity in general. I don't see that in her personally. Not yet.

(edited)
On 2/28/2021 at 1:53 AM, Chalby said:

I personally would not use the word "uppity" but I mean, it is basically a frat party, isn't it?

I don't really get what her comments were about.

It's a party, it's a party environment.  Isn't everyone supposed to drink, party, mingle, date, and possibly hook up?

Does Kristin have to do any of the cleaning or do they have cleaners for that?  I've never seen any contestant on this show clean so I have to wonder.  I assumed they had people paid to do that.

I found her attitude weird and it was a turn off.

And I'm not trying to be rude to cleaners.  I've worked at those positions before where we had to clean up after people.  But I've also been to parties and things happen , LOL and you don't usually get lectures about it after the age of 17.

Edit:  And now Kristin is interrogating people like a cop.  LOL!  Dude, I think you are on the wrong show.

On 3/1/2021 at 7:25 AM, JenE4 said:

I’m pretty sure the necklaces are microphones.

Now I get what you're saying.  The wire is connected from the necklace to their bathing suits.  

Oh dear.  Nickhole seems unhinged.  (Ok.  Whoops.  I added an H into her name by mistake) 😄

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
On 2/28/2021 at 12:53 AM, Chalby said:

As they split to go into their houses Kristin’s first response to the men entering the door was, “Ugh, can’t they just give us five minutes alone?” And then she walked away in a huff. She’s on a dating show where the whole premise is a bunch of twenty somethings partying and hooking up and she acts like it’s some girls weekend getaway or something and the guys are crashing her spa day. That’s not what she signed up for. 

• Love 3

Kendall, I have a feeling your girlfriend wouldn’t agree that “there are no rules.” Though, I hope she opens up and gives people a chance because she deserves better.

Oh, poor Corey. You can tell he really doesn’t want to be here, and has no intention of hooking up with anyone (at least at this point), and Nickole is already crying and carrying on as if she’s the wronged girlfriend?! Honey, you need to take it down a few notches; you’re not in a position to play that immature tactic of manipulative tears and the silent treatment.

Tom and Sofia are cute together. I’m rooting for the temptress to “win” this one. 

I also like Shaquille better than the soccer guy temptor.

I’m not too keen on Dr Blake. He’s the self-proclaimed Dad of the guys and telling “Champagne Papi” that the girls are going to send him home. 

I’m really confused about the high school sweethearts. I forget whether she’s named Erica or Erin—or maybe she’s not even one of those names—but she’s crying over not wanting anyone but Julian and yet Julian WANTS to marry her and SHE’S the one who’s saying no?! I guess this is a “test” to ensure he won’t cheat again—but this seems like self-sabotage to me.

Aha! The soccer girl who is definitely either Erin or Erica—as well as the girl who’s actually “dating” Dr Blake agree that he’s gossipy and trying to get all up in the drama.

Uh-oh! Things are heating up with Kendall and Alecksxyisesescks! Kendall, you better be prepared to break up with your woman.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

After last week, I found this episode so dull.  All they did was talk about their feelings, on & on. It's a bit too Bachelor/Bachelorette for me and the host has way too much air time.  I think I'm out.  Thanks for letting me visit 🙂

I don’t understand why anyone is interested in Kendall.  He isn’t attractive, is an ass, and seems dull and stupid.  I don’t see any redeeming qualities in him at all.

I like Shaquille better than the soccer guy, too.  

• Love 15

I am still trying to remember their names.  Maybe I am not paying enough attention.  Kendal is going to be the first to cheat.  I really hope Erica (I think that is her name) breaks up with him at the end of this.  She can do so much better.  

• Love 4

I think Erica and Corey would make a good couple. Lol. 

Julienne and Kristen need to break up. They don’t even seem to like each other, they just don’t want to move on. Their entire relationship is defined by him cheating five years ago. Nothing is going to get them to move forward.

Chelsea and Thomas don’t seem compatible at all. Even if he wasn’t a douche bag, they just seem completely different but also not attracted to what makes them different. 

Erin is cute but has no depth. She just seems to be a jock sniffer who has no thoughts or opinions on anything. 

It’s so obvious Kendal is going to cheat with Alexis then dump her immediately. He clearly just wants to sleep with a bunch of women, not just Alexis. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Oh, poor Corey. You can tell he really doesn’t want to be here, and has no intention of hooking up with anyone (at least at this point), and Nickole is already crying and carrying on as if she’s the wronged girlfriend?!

Maybe she watched last season and saw that this same tactic worked for Morgan, lol.  What she doesn't understand is that Corey isn't looking for an escape the way Evan was...

• Love 6
14 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Kendall, I have a feeling your girlfriend wouldn’t agree that “there are no rules.”

Interestingly if you checked the "extended version" of the first episode there was a scene in which they pretty much all said their rules were nobody in your bedroom and (though I can't remember who) even said 'no kissing'. The "no rules" declarations they showed in the reg. episode were at least a little manipulated/pressured I'd say. The girls claimed "There should be more guys like Kendall who are open like he is!" But, yeah, no.  I don't think that would be a positive change to the world... where everyone just wants to have fun and not commit to anyone and just be freeeee. No thanks. Anyhow, beyond that you lead a woman (literally!!) back into your bedroom you KNOW you're breaking the rules and you're putting yourself in a position for bad outcomes if you ever want to see your girlfriend again! That was a Grade A mistake on his part. But then I guess he doesn't care so fly freebird.

Speaking of pushing too hard Nickole (again what is WITH the names??) struck me as uber immature with her attacking Corey for daring to ask another person on a date... on a dating show. To play the 'no I don't want to talk about it' game is manipulative and immature. I'd have said 'And see, this is why I didn't ask you. You're planning a wedding and I'm planning where the nearest exit is.' (though I may have the names mixed up there, it could be Ms. Butts that was already writing her new maiden name over and over).

11 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Julienne and Kristen need to break up. They don’t even seem to like each other, they just don’t want to move on.

When they mention how their families are close etc. and how hard that would be that's not a reason to stay. That's being enmeshed and it's not necessarily a GOOD thing... and yeah it might suck but this is one of the reasons people don't date for a decade without deciding to shit or get off the pot. It gets messy because you start playing the role of a married couple without being one!

Reba (Chelsea) has show a really harsh super serious/judegemental side and I'm thinking a lot of this is her needing to learn how to relax and let it flow. She's apparently low on the self-confidence side which is why she feels so hurt by their 'flirting' issue. How dare he, ya know, TALK to other women when I'm around?? Now Thomas does seem to be a player that just LOVES female attention in all forms so she is probably right that he is flirting too much but you get in a relationship with a narcissist you shouldn't be surprised when they love to stoke their own ego. Aka don't be surprised when dating a snake if you eventually get bit.

Dr. Blake just loooves to feel superior to the other guys doesn't he? It starts with the flaunting the Dr. thing. Then he's the "dad" of the group. He's just really annoying and I think he cares more about what his "sons" think of him than any of the women.

Oh and once again this post brought to you by the Cast Page or I wouldn't remember anyone's names. Speaking of that they have all the 'tempters' listed as well and looking at it I wonder "Where the hell were all the non-blonde girls at today??" as they apparently DID cast a few...

• Love 3

I can already tell that I'll hate Shaquille.  Going after Erin (?) like crazy, getting upset when she doesn't want to go on a date with him, and then telling the only Black woman there that she's just like his sister.  Ok.  

How was Blake acting fake?  Does anyone know?  I didn't catch ANY of that conflict which I'm sorry made the woman attacking him look really bad.

• Love 1

The male "tempters" as a whole seem to really be scumbags so maybe Blake is the only one there not playing a game with the women. Because the talking head convo with those three guys talking about how they're all going to nail these girls etc. showed their true colors. It was one of those "And this is why the majority of time I hate guys... such dirtbags that only listen to the 'devil in their pants' "

What Chels (Reba) said was she heard that everyone was talking shit about Blake. She said 'duly noted' and started looking more closely for herself and saw that they were right. Part of it I think goes back to his declaration that he was like the guy's dad. Another is that he's just a little too smooth and saying the right things all the time and it comes across studied/fake. It's like he's playing the 'Be Mr. Wonderful' game all the time. So he's as bad as the 'dogs'. If say a dozen people agree they can see through you you're probably fake. The real question is what's worse, trying to hard to be Mr. Perfect/Mr. Right or angling to do/say anything just to get the "prize"? Tough call, don't get involved with either type would be my advice.

Speaking of game players I won't call a woman a sleazy game player but... that Alexxxcys is as messed up as the spelling of her name. It's been what a matter of days? To say she comes on a little strong may be the understatement of the day. She even says on her two-sentence bio that she's "a self-proclaimed party girl". So who is worse the dogs on the other side or her? She's at best flaunting her sexuality to nail down an easy target. She's going for the Morgan Prize I'd say.

To sum up my current thinking here I'd say: Reba, run; Erica, run!; Corey run!! and Kristian and Julian? Just go away.

• Love 4

The woman all draping themselves around Kendall...... sigh. It just makes me sad.  He's not a catch, but god they're all acting like he's the Brad Pitt of the island.

Things are just dismal this season.

That scene between Kendall and Alexcys.  Holy!  That was like X-rated.  LOL.  The movements under those blankets were incredibly obvious.  

The host seems especially heartless this year.  Like every year he's just been getting more and more fed up and now he's about to pop.  He shows (Erica? ) the tape and he's like "So?  Huh?  Yeah?  What ya think?  Ya dumbass?"  So harsh.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

I think Erica now feels free.  She knows where she stands with Kendal.  He slapped her in the face with the fact he doesn't care about her.  She can now just enjoy herself with no guilt.  Kendal talks like he can do what he wants and then he will decide if Erica and him get back together after.  He acts like she has no say in it.  I want to see him watch a bonfire of Erica enjoying the boys.  

Chelsea gets upset at the bonfire about seeing a kiss on the cheek with her boyfriend.  But she was getting a kiss on the cheek too.  In fact she was bent over grinding into that one guy's crotch at their party. 

• Love 2

For some reason, Chelsea reminds me of Clare Crawley from The Bachelor(ette). You know the one that made a quick (albeit foolish) decision to leave with Dale extremely early into the season so they had to replace her with Taysia.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, LakeGal said:

Chelsea gets upset at the bonfire about seeing a kiss on the cheek with her boyfriend.  But she was getting a kiss on the cheek too.  In fact she was bent over grinding into that one guy's crotch at their party. 

I was coming here to say that - she's such a huge hypocrite. One thing to not like your boyfriend flirting. But you had your ass all over another man's dick(numerous times, as I believe that is her go-to dance move it seems), and that's not crossing your invisible flirting line? Because YOU don't mean it as flirting, despite your boyfriend thinking the same thing on his end? I see. 

I actually like the host. I don't think it's heartless to ask what they saw, as he's more or less asking them for exposition. I think he's doing his best to support them when their partners are terrible. 

Kendall is probably the only catch for the singles because he's the only one who they see as open to hooking up. 

• Love 7