Type keyword(s) to search

Temptation Island (2019) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 3/18/2019 at 8:59 AM, dochielomn said:

Ended up slightly down the rabbit hole this weekend and saw some of the singles twitter feeds and it was kind of funny how much a lot of them were complaining about editing on the show, particularly Morgan complaining that "deep" conversations between her and Evan were not shown.  For something like this, i have to laugh because of course this show is going to edit things out and try to show the more juicy or scandalous stuff or at least spin the narrative that they think will be the best for ratings.  I think I also might have accidentally seen a potential spoiler but I'll wait and see what happens this Tuesday.

Of course the show is edited to make the relationships more juicy.  There’s a podcast by Kate Casey who does reality tv podcasts and she interviewed Johnny.  He came off very normal.  He said he and Kady had lots of deep conversations and bonded over the fact he recently opened up his own chiropractic office and she was looking to expand her career so he was helping with marketing ideas.  He said the whole idea of making long term plans with someone you’ve only known for three weeks usually doesn’t work once you’re out of the bubble.

• Love 2

Apologies if this is not an appropriate post here but I saw an ad last night that stopped me in my tracks ... and I've always associated these two shows since the olden days of TWoP ...

Debuting this May: The return/reformation of ... Paradise Hotel!

Yahtzee!

ETA: Sorry ... Mambo Queen was way ahead of me on this news back in January!

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Apologies if this is not an appropriate post here but I saw an ad last night that stopped me in my tracks ... and I've always associated these two shows since the olden days of TWoP ...

Debuting this May: The return/reformation of ... Paradise Hotel!

Yahtzee!

ETA: Sorry ... Mambo Queen was way ahead of me on this news back in January!

YAGHTZEE!!!!!!!

• Love 1

I'm brokenhearted.  Javen was supposed to propose to me.

Guys, I'll miss this show so much and I'll miss you guys too.  💔  💔  💔 

This has been GREAT and I freaking LOVE this show.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Very interesting finale.  Very happy that we got a "where are they now" as I was most interested in seeing that.

Evan/Kaci- very tough bonfire and car ride to watch for Kaci.  Just hit home the point that she was just saying "i'm a tough badass girl" because she immediately broke down and somehow made herself the "bad guy" during her conversation with Evan.  And let me clarify on the "bad guy" remark.  Not that I think Kaci was wrong by any means, but the way that conversation went was Evan shifting all the blame onto Kaci and Kaci willingly taking all of the blame.  Evan saying "you backed me into a corner" and having her say that she's changed and will change and his response saying (and practically shouting) "it's too late", I mean, just WOW.  Had to laugh at how he was able to make it seem like Kaci was all in the wrong.  As for the "where are they now", I still don't believe Kaci is over Evan.  Granted it's tough after 10 years (or 5 years of really being with someone) but there was still crying in Kaci's voice when talking about Evan.  If she was truly over him, she would have been very quick and to the point about him.  As for Evan, a huge WOW with his getting engaged.  I definitely did not see that coming, even with finding out that he moved in with Morgan.  We'll see if that relationship lasts (I have my doubts, but maybe i'm wrong).  Also, anyone want to take a bet that when Kaci found out that Evan got engaged, that all of her furniture in her apartment got destroyed from her either throwing it across the room or things at?  Sucks for her, but it really is for the best.

Karl/Nicole- Not much to say.  Had to laugh that Karl is trying for a music/singing career.  Didn't know he was trying to do that.  Was kind of surprised that Nicole, at the age of 25, has the money to buy what appeared to be an expensive condo or apartment but you never know with people's finances and maybe what she got paid for the show also chipped in for a down payment.  Didn't expect these two to get back together.

John/Kady- I'll give John some respect that he recognized that he needed to be alone and not leave with Katheryn.  But you do lose some respect for him when he said when they got back to Texas he tried to make it work with Kady.  I mean, seriously?  But maybe I can kind of get it.....But then he gained the respect back when he mentioned how Kady said she was going to Ny to see Johnny and John told her that she needed to move out or at least find someone else to take care of her cat and dog.  I somewhat expected to see a video of John just throwing all of Kady's stuff out of a window onto his front lawn.  Wasn't surprised that John and Katheryn aren't really a thing.  Besides long distance, Katheryn just seems to want to be on TV or get quick fame and try to hang onto it.  Don't think that's what John is looking for.  As for Kady, I was somewhat spoiled with her and Johnny.  I know I saw a tweet from Johnny to Hannah saying something like "maybe we should be a couple for season 2 of Temptation Island".  Seeing that, you had to assume that him and Kady weren't together (and also assuming he was joking with Hannah).  Unless Kady was going to move to NYC (which, she's a Texas girl, she's not leaving), her and Johnny's relationship wasn't going to last.  Just have to wonder if Kady's biological clock is ticking by the way she was talking about being 30 or almost 31 and starting over essentially.  We'll see.

Javen/Shari- Once Shari got the crazy out of her and Javen was proving that he wasn't going to do anything and was saying how in love he was with Shari, you just knew it was going to end in a proposal.  Just have to wonder if he said something to one of the producers or if a producer said something to him about proposing because how the hell did he get the ring (and could he actually afford a ring that size) on his own)?  Regardless, good for them and congrats!  I think they proved that they are meant to be together with their new perspective on things.  Although, kind of had to laugh that at the bonfire Shari made a comment about wanting to "re-date" Javen again and then he proposes and she says yes.  Uh...how exactly is that "re-dating"?  Looks like you jumped a few steps there.  But like I said, happy that things appear to be working out for them.  Just wonder if they end up inviting the rest of the "couples" to their wedding.  I mean, if so, I almost would fly out there and crash just to see Kaci and Evan and Morgan in the same place at the same time... :)

Overall, an interesting season.  On one hand, I'm glad some of the couples realized that they actually weren't meant to be together.  Mark was right that it saves some time and future heartbreak, especially if there was an eventual marriage or even kids involved and then having to break up or divorce.  So, better to end things now then to create a lot of future pain if deep down you know you're not right for each other.  But on the other hand, without the show, who knows what these people would be doing now.  Either way, I'll probably be back on board next season.

Also, looking at some other tweets, it looks like Katheryn and Hannah are in some sort of feud.  Kind of funny and weird.  I guess Hannah must have done some sort of live video feed or something and spoken some things about Katheryn and Katheryn replied with a lengthy facebook post going after Hannah.  Just funny to see.

Edited by dochielomn
  • Love 8

Evan is so freaking weird.

That proposal seemed so fake and set up.  Oh so the camera crew and her mom just happened to be there.  Okay.  Yeah.  

I feel so badly for Kaci.  Such a messed up story.  I don't blame her for how she conducted herself at all.  Poor woman.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, dochielomn said:

Very interesting finale.  Very happy that we got a "where are they now" as I was most interested in seeing that.

Evan/Kaci- very tough bonfire and car ride to watch for Kaci.  Just hit home the point that she was just saying "i'm a tough badass girl" because she immediately broke down and somehow made herself the "bad guy" during her conversation with Evan.  And let me clarify on the "bad guy" remark.  Not that I think Kaci was wrong by any means, but the way that conversation went was Evan shifting all the blame onto Kaci and Kaci willingly taking all of the blame.  Evan saying "you backed me into a corner" and having her say that she's changed and will change and his response saying (and practically shouting) "it's too late", I mean, just WOW.  Had to laugh at how he was able to make it seem like Kaci was all in the wrong. 

I love how she called him a piece of shit.

16 minutes ago, dochielomn said:

Javen/Shari- Once Shari got the crazy out of her and Javen was proving that he wasn't going to do anything and was saying how in love he was with Shari, you just knew it was going to end in a proposal.  Just have to wonder if he said something to one of the producers or if a producer said something to him about proposing because how the hell did he get the ring (and could he actually afford a ring that size) on his own)? 

And what about the $300,000 wedding? What the heck!!!!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dochielomn said:

Not that I think Kaci was wrong by any means, but the way that conversation went was Evan shifting all the blame onto Kaci and Kaci willingly taking all of the blame.  Evan saying "you backed me into a corner" and having her say that she's changed and will change and his response saying (and practically shouting) "it's too late"

Eh, I don't think much of Evan, but that bonfire totally gave me the impression that he would have left her ages ago, but she'd start wailing and crying and not letting them just break up. Ending a bad relationship is not "throwing our life way" or "blindsiding" you - it's admitting things aren't working and moving on. It finally took Evan getting 'struck by lightning' for him to walk away and not let her guilt him back into a bad relationship.

• Love 14
On 3/26/2019 at 10:41 PM, CoyoteBlue said:

Eh, I don't think much of Evan, but that bonfire totally gave me the impression that he would have left her ages ago, but she'd start wailing and crying and not letting them just break up. Ending a bad relationship is not "throwing our life way" or "blindsiding" you - it's admitting things aren't working and moving on. It finally took Evan getting 'struck by lightning' for him to walk away and not let her guilt him back into a bad relationship.

I know Evan isn't looked on too highly, but clearly he doesn't belong with Kaci.  I'm rooting for he and Morgan.  He already moved for her.  My own husband of many years had an ex who suffocated him, insisting on children all the time.  He didn't want to be a dad,  until we got together. In the same way, Evan didn't want to be a husband until he fell in love with Morgan. 

I find Kady reprehensible.  I'm glad John finally saw the light.  

Shari and Javen were adorable! Good luck to them both. 

Funny thing about this show.  It was much better than the old TI. Much more interesting.  I recall later seasons of the original where all the couples left together. 

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

Glad to see someone else on the board sticking up for Evan. I've enjoyed watching his and Morgan's relationship grow and develop and always thought Kacy was a real shrew and that really came out with her hysterics at the bonfire. They definitely weren't right for each other even if Evan hadn't found Morgan but I'm glad he did.

• Love 5

Mark Wahlberg is to Chris Harrison as Salem Jewelers is to Neil Lane. Congratulations to Javen and Shari. I’m glad they both grew from the experience, and it worked out for the best for them.

I’m sure I’m not the only one shocked that Evan proposed to Morgan after knowing her for 6 months. That must have killed Kaci who spent 10 years badgering Evan for a proposal. But I’m also surprised that he actually “followed through” with Morgan. Good for them, I guess. Did anyone figure out what was the “thing” that Kaci was sobbing that she’d do now, and Evan was saying it’s too late? 

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Mark Wahlberg is to Chris Harrison as Salem Jewelers is to Neil Lane. Congratulations to Javen and Shari. I’m glad they both grew from the experience, and it worked out for the best for them.

I’m sure I’m not the only one shocked that Evan proposed to Morgan after knowing her for 6 months. That must have killed Kaci who spent 10 years badgering Evan for a proposal. But I’m also surprised that he actually “followed through” with Morgan. Good for them, I guess. Did anyone figure out what was the “thing” that Kaci was sobbing that she’d do now, and Evan was saying it’s too late? 

I think the "thing" was not putting ultimatums on him or badgering him to do things like propose.  She was going to accept Evan as he is

7 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I love how she called him a piece of shit.

And what about the $300,000 wedding? What the heck!!!!

Yeah, I have no idea about them affording a 300k wedding.  That's insane!  Take away at least 250k and go spend that money on house!  Unless they have some secret source of income, I just think that's a bit reckless to spend on a wedding.  Just my opinion though.  To each their own on that.

Going back to Evan and Kaci, I had to laugh at his comment about Morgan's family accepting him and that's what he always wanted.  Well, maybe Kaci's family didn't accept him because he had cheated on her (probably multiple times)….Or maybe it's because Kaci's family is religious and didn't look too please about her living with a man who at a minimum was not her fiancé.....I'm sure once Kaci came back from the island and told her parents what went down, her dad was probably moonwalking all over his house with happiness that Evan was finally out of his daughter's life (and yes, i'm sure he was sad to see his daughter also in such pain and anguish too).  So, Evan, should you end up cheating on Morgan or doing her wrong, let's see exactly how "accepting" or "welcoming" Morgan's family is to you then...

Further, yes, the show definitely proved that Evan and Kaci did not belong together.  Listening to Kaci on a podcast that shall be left unnamed, she did go into details about her and Evan's relationship previously and how she had broken up with him and stayed away from him for months and he was the one pining for her and seemingly begging for another chance and saying that he had changed.  Granted, this is Kaci's side of the story and I'm guessing Evan might give a different version of the story.  But if Kaci's version is actually accurate (which, people usually exaggerate things to make them the hero of the story), then it's more like Kaci should have also known that her and Evan were not right for each other.  But I will give Evan credit for saying how he didn't want to waste any more of her time.  At least he finally admitted that and knew that he wasn't going to propose to her at all, regardless if he changed his mind about wanting to be with Morgan.  I'll be looking forward to hear Kaci spin her side of the story more.

• Love 4

The only likeable thing about Kady is her dog.  Can’t believe she whined on TV about how it’s hard to pursue other guys while living with your boyfriend.  There’s a reason she’s 30 and alone.

I assumed Shari’s ring is a simulant and the $300K budget was something the producers told her to say.  Agree with the poster above who wants to crash it if all the others are invited.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Since I only watched the first two episodes and the finale, I thought I had missed some on air discussion about what she was now ready to do. Silly bird, she called him scum yet dug in more, begging to latch on to someone who didn't want to commit. She kept harping on his new relationship, saying how fleeting it would be. But she is begging to be his crashpad for return landings. 

I feel for the girl, but her teary eyed regret at not getting a proper "sorry" shows she hasn't addressed her own destructive traits.

• Love 7

Kaci is obviously not over Evan.  She is wrong when she says he stole 10 years from her.  He did not kidnap her.  She willingly stayed with him.  That was her stupid choice.  Her parents obviously are happy they are done.

I am happy I don't have to hear Evan say "Girl" anymore.  It annoyed me every time he said that.  I do not think Morgan and Evan will last.  She is just the new shiny thing for him.

The best part for me was seeing John's Akita.  We have an Akita and I always notice when I see one.  

Edited by LakeGal
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

hate to say it, but I was rooting for Evan--it seemed like he was "coached" because of what he said about Morgan not being a temptress, and that he is making this decision on his own, so now I am starting to see that this was probably the dynamic in the relationship and he couldnt extricate himself---by no means do i agree with his actions on the show and I feel just awful for her but a lot of it makes sense now. Someday she may look back and be mortified by this.

• Love 5

I did not expect Kaci to end up apologizing and begging Evan for forgiveness, only to have him admonish her for not doing what he needed her to do years ago.  What I saw in their audition video was him promising that he would marry Kaci one day, but even though that went on for years he had no intention of doing it, and then when she was at her most broken-hearted and vulnerable, he flipped it into her backing him into a corner, and let her plead with him to forgive her and give her a chance to do better?  That’s pretty scuzzy.  I was cringing the whole time she was crying please, please, please. Kaci, honey ... no. You were on the right track when you called him a piece of shit, you should have continued on that path.  It’s less painful to be angry than sad, and in that moment sticking with anger would have gotten her through that horrible bonfire with more dignity.

I liked it when she said she was so glad he was gone, and that her new dog is much better than Evan, but unfortunately it just didn’t sound true when said in that shaky voice.  It’s going to take her a while to stop feeling so hurt because this breakup was extremely brutal and humiliating.  I’m sure seeing him tell Morgan he felt things for her he always wanted to feel but never did with Kaci was like a knife in her gut.  Yes, they were apparently a terrible couple who did not belong together, but she loved him and I feel bad for anyone who gets dumped in such a ruthless way while the dumper seems to have moved on without one look back. He didn’t seem to feel bad at all for devastating Kaci, he just wanted it over with so he could shake her off and do his bro-walk toward a perfect future with Morgan and her family who doesn’t hate him yet.

I got my wish, Kady is ALONE.  Love how she didn’t see that ending coming at all, and seemed so puzzled by it  Good luck, John!  Go find you a nice woman who doesn’t immasculate you at every turn, and who appreciates a man who is kind, stable and not an obnoxious alpha male.

I’m really happy for Javen and Shari.  Wishing them a wonderful life together! I know it’s possible, because I married my high school sweetheart, and we had some big bumps in the road during our early 20’s.  Once we got past that tough patch of life, we hit our groove and have only grown to love each other more as we grew up.  We’ve been together 33 years, and could not be happier together. I think they will have that, too.

Its hard to have any feelings about Karl and Nicole when they didn’t seem to have many feelings about each other.  I think they had physical chemistry and both liked going out with someone hot, but at home they didn’t have much to say.  Nicole seems so bland and humorless to me.  I think they will both find new hot people to date in no time.

Bring on Season 2 and Paradise Hotel!!!! I can’t wait!!!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, nlkm9 said:

hate to say it, but I was rooting for Evan--it seemed like he was "coached" because of what he said about Morgan not being a temptress, and that he is making this decision on his own, so now I am starting to see that this was probably the dynamic in the relationship and he couldnt extricate himself---by no means do i agree with his actions on the show and I feel just awful for her but a lot of it makes sense now. Someday she may look back and be mortified by this.

There’s something to be said for this. Granted, if he 100% wanted out, he would have done so sooner. But I can see the thinking of how many times do I need to cheat and you still won’t let us break up? It seems like a lot of guilt that they’ve been together since college and she was there through his father’s tragic murder and they live together, etc. He definitely seemed trapped and didn’t want to hurt her—yet continually hurt her over and over again because he felt trapped. Self-fulfilling prophecy there. I don’t know whether Morgan is necessarily “the one” for him, but I can see why she was a breath of fresh air to someone who felt suffocated possibly his entire adult life. Contrast this with Javen and Shari who also were together since they were teens, went in acknowledging they had a co-dependent relationship, and instead both realized they’re better people individually and together to allow each other the freedom of building friendships beyond the relationship. These two relationships really bookended “the TI process.” Then you have the other two...I didn’t even say anything about Kady/John and Nicole/Karl because I don’t really think there’s much to say. I’m still not convinced there was any love between Nicole and Karl going in because they both seemed so indifferent to each other. John obviously loved Kady, but I think Kady was only with him because she was nearly 30 and didn’t want to start over (her words this episode) and only broke up when she thought things had a chance with Johnny. Now she’s probably regretting that trip to NY and leaving John behind...because “she’s 30,” not because she actually loves John.

• Love 6

I like Evan.  I don't see him as a cad or bad guy.  Their relationship was over before they arrived.  Often men don't leave until they fall for another woman, fact.   Kaci was insecure and pressured/nagged him to marry her, constantly.  That drove her train and it derailed their relationship.  I had no empathy for her and found myself rooting for Evan and Morgan from day one.  

I am so happy this show is back and Paradise Hotel, too!  And in perfect timing.  The shine has worn off most reality shows for me. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

There’s some “he said, she said” going on in the media.  Kaci said Evan wanted to get back together when they got home, went to see Morgan and dumped Kaci all over again, and he says not true.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/temptation-islands-evan-on-regrets-kaci-split-and-engagement/

The thing about “he said, she said” in this digital age it’s more like “he texted, she texted” and if Kaci is telling the truth she should have the texts, as stated in the article from her side of the story, from Evan to prove it.  

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/temptation-island-evan-begged-to-see-kaci-after-the-show/

• Love 2

I'm an asshole…I laughed through the entire Evan/Kaci bonfire & cheered when e & Morgan saw each other again.  IDEC if they stay together, it was highly entertaining.  Evan should have manned up years ago and split from Kaci for good.  Kaci should have womaned up years ago and split from Evan for good.  Sounds like she'd been ultimatum-ing him for years as he continued to cheat on her.  Plus, the "you wasted ten years of my life" shit had me annoyed.  Woman, you are AN ADULT (supposedly™ Silas Clay), you chose to stay in a shit relationship.  That's on you.

Everyone else ended as I expected, though I didn't think Javen & Shari would get engaged so quickly.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Koalagirl said:

The thing about “he said, she said” in this digital age it’s more like “he texted, she texted” and if Kaci is telling the truth she should have the texts, as stated in the article from her side of the story, from Evan to prove it.  

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/temptation-island-evan-begged-to-see-kaci-after-the-show/

I remember the opening page of the book " hes just not that into you"==something along the lines of "if he doesnt want a commitment he "doesnt want a commitment with you" ouch. I think the longer you live together, the less likely you are to get married, which for folks who want to marry, stinks--but if she had to give him an ultimatum, that a sure sign its not mean to be--so she wasted the time, not him. Or maybe lol, he wasted a little of her time. sad, though.

• Love 1

Yeah, right. After her horrendous bonfire meltdown, her best retort is that he begged her to come back, using catchphrases so important to her. Her reality is skewed and she is hopeless right now. Evan was just beaming. Not only from his new interest, but having freed himself from Kaci. Even if he and Morgan don't survive, he wouldn't want to go back to Kaci.

• Love 8

Well if it's just texts, then Morgan knows all about it cuz she spilled that Kaci's been blowing up his phone post-breakup lmao.

16. Let’s go back to Kaci. Do her and Evan talk? Do you know anything going on with her?
They do not speak at all anymore. She was messaging him all the time and he was very honest with me. He would show me the stuff that she was saying. It was a lot. She was asking him to come back and crazy things. Finally he asked her to stop contacting him, because it wasn’t fair to me. Then on New Years we were sitting with my family, watching It’s a Wonderful Life and she texted him 27 messages in a row.

Source: http://cupidspulse.com/129502/celebrity-interview-morgan-lolar-engaged-evan-smith-temptation-island/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

---

I wouldn't be shocked if Evan tried breaking up with her before but she'd beg and guilt trip him until he gave in and took her back. Not to say that he shouldn't have manned up and ended it for good before. But that final bonfire definitely shined some light on their dynamic imo.

Evan/Kaci were a hot mess. They should both be thankful for this experience for breaking them up because clearly their relationship hadn't been "working" for while.

Edited by kissy321
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Tomorrow’s Reality Steve podcast should be interesting. I know he’ll have Kaci, as he has had her on every week since the series began.  Not sure who else, though he said he would try to get the other contestants at some point too.

• Useful 1

I can’t think of any way that Evan was trapped into staying with Kaci for years if he was so unhappy with her.  Even her laying guilt and obligation on him, pleading with him, etc., he was always free to go, and should have left a long time ago.  Trying to put all the blame on her now just to absolve himself of guilt for the way he handled things is low. They both had responsibility in their train wreck of a relationship, and the correct response to being given marriage ultimatums was never to promise her he would marry her ... later. He loved Kaci, but he thinks Morgan is waaaay hotter, plus Morgan hasn’t been disappointed by him yet, nor has she had time to fully experience his flaws.  Right now they are still in the “awwww, you made me an omelette!!!” heart eyes emoji phase, but once they settle into a less exciting and new phase of their relationship, I would not be at all shocked if Evan started to get restless and feel “trapped” again. I just think he sucks.

I hope Kaci is done being pathetic about him and goes on to find one of those million other guys she claimed in the first episode would marry her in a second. Her IG account says she rocks a high pony, but I think she is confusing “wearing” a high pony with “rocking” one ... it’s too severe for her long, narrow features and is just not a good look for her, but I did like the brunette color she chose.  She could use a few more makeover things, like maybe adding 5-10 pounds, dressing a little less Citi Trends, and maybe going with a calmer shade of lipstick. 

I would love another “where are they now” segment of all these people at the beginning of the new season. Especially if Kady is still alone and John is with someone else happily planning a future and family.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

At a certain point, he needs to block the text messages. I really liked Kaci at first, and I do feel sorry for her, but like a few others have said, I don’t believe for a second she is over him. He moved on quickly and it has to sting. I hope he and Morgan work out, I didn’t care for her until last nite.

speaking of a look of relief, John looks the best he has looked all season- so glad he ditched her again and SO glad he didn’t stay with < gag> Kathryn. Wondering how he found his roommate. I wish so bad they had showed us how Kathryn, Brittany, etc were told that the guys were not interested in leaving with them- esp Katheryn. Lol

• Love 1

I love how Kaci had no tears until the car ride. I think Evan just wasn't into Kaci that way.

And Kady is a bitch. I think she has this idea of a hot guy as the dad to her children and John didn't fit that, which he would make a good dad and husband for someone and he isn't even bad looking. I just think she has this picture in her head and he didn't fit it.

Nicole and Karl, who cares.

Edited by toodywoody
  • Love 4

I'll listen to Kaci but at this point in time, unless she has actual proof the txts, I'm not sure I'm buying her version of what happened once the show ended.  I don't see Evan trying to go back to her unless he's a total sick person and sent txts just to mess with her more.  I think Kaci is saying these things to spin the narrative since she came out looking like a fool and humiliated.  If anything, perhaps, Kaci has a screw loose and actually believes these things happened after the show when in reality, they didn't and Kaci just has to think that they did in order to keep going day to day.

• Love 5

I haven't listened to it yet but Reality Steve's podcast is up on his website.  He has Mark Wahlberg and, separately, Kaci.  In his synopsis of the podcast Steve said he has seen all of the texts from Evan but he will not post them.  In fairness to Evan, he will have him on next Thursday's podcast. 

2 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

I haven't listened to it yet but Reality Steve's podcast is up on his website.  He has Mark Wahlberg and, separately, Kaci.  In his synopsis of the podcast Steve said he has seen all of the texts from Evan but he will not post them.  In fairness to Evan, he will have him on next Thursday's podcast. 

Did the texts beg for her to give him a chance, or where they generic checking in, let’s talk...for closure in his mind, but Kaci read into it that he wanted to get back together with her?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Did the texts beg for her to give him a chance, or where they generic checking in, let’s talk...for closure in his mind, but Kaci read into it that he wanted to get back together with her?

It doesn’t seem like it was all in her mind.   Try to listen to the podcast. She goes into a lot of detail. 

Edited by Koalagirl
  • Love 2

I don’t know ... Kaci doesn’t come across to me as being honest about her and Evan’s relationship and the break up so I’m skeptical about the texts.  I wish she would move on from talking about Evan and Morgan so much.

• Love 2

I think this might be a long one.

I'm happy for Shari and Javen.  Even the first episode I knew they weren't going to break up, but I thought it was because they were too codependent.  However, they ended up growing as people and as a couple and I think probably have a good future ahead of them.  

Nicole and Karl were weird.  There was a lot of talk about the age gap, which I just don't think is that big of a deal once you're out of school.  My husband and I were the exact same ages as those 2 when we first met, and it was never an issue.  And even if it were, I've always believed that the age gap says much more about the maturity of the older person in the relationship than the younger partner. Karl seemed really controlling, and I feel like he might have used the age gap as leverage.

Kady and John-- I'm glad it's over for both of them. Kady is really insensitive and doesn't even seem to feel guilty for some of the things she said, which I just don't understand. I also don't understand wanting some alpha man to parent your children rather than a caring, nurturing, loving partner.  But John let himself be emasculated for years, so... I think they were just a bad match, and I don't necessarily see Kady being a cheater in a relationship with the right match for her.  She sucked on this show, but lots of people suck when they're unhappy in a relationship.  

That brings me to Evan/Kaci/Morgan.  They obviously also had a bad relationship, but even outside of the relationship, I really don't think Evan is a good guy.  Unlike Kady, I think he is going to cheat again-- it's his nature. And while Kady was not awesome, she just doesn't bother me as much--maybe because her perspective on life is just so far removed from anyone I know.  I have known Evans before, and they suck.  when the show first started, I found Kaci really annoying.  I started listening to the podcast just to hear the behind the scenes scoop and hoping I could tolerate listening to her voice.  But she seemed fairly nice and a little more grounded than I thought, so I felt guilty for finding her so annoying (but still found her pretty annoying).  BUT then Evan had his turn to come on, and it changed my entire perspective on how I watch the show.  He was just a jerk. Angry and evasive and unwilling to acknowledge any kind of responsibility for his actions.  I disliked him so much that it made me root for Kaci.  And his behavior since then hasn't changed my opinion.  His ability to gaslight and turn it around so that somehow Kaci is the bad guy is astonishing to me.  And his whole speech about not wanting her to blame Morgan made it seem like Kaci had been some horrible slut shamer, which is not at all accurate--at least not publicly.  Plus, from the articles posted here and a few others I've read, he and Morgan are really trying to make Kaci look bad, which I do not understand at all.  She has just been completely humiliated (mostly by her own doing, mind you. That final bonfire, oi!) on a national stage. Just let it go. Don't try to rub it in and make her look worse just because you don't like being attacked on twitter and want to make yourself feel better.  I haven't heard any of the latest podcasts, but Kaci was not mean about Evan at all on earlier podcasts. She was understandably a little taken aback, but she hasn't made any real personal attacks beyond just explaining her reactions at the time of filming (maybe she did after the finale? please correct me if I'm wrong), and she didn't say anything bad about Morgan at all.  I was glad about that because I hate when women blame the other woman for the cheater's choices.  And I don't necessarily believe that Morgan did anything wrong, but I do think it's weird, just as a human being, that she never expressed any kind of sympathy that another person has to be hurt. For both Morgan and Evan to just pile it on shows me what kind of people they both are.  They would come across a lot better if they just talked about their own love and happiness and just mentioned Kaci briefly--like wish her the best, sorry she got hurt, the end. Evan and Kaci were together for many years--of course she would have trouble letting go and need more closure beyond the bonfire conversation.  She chose to stay for that long, that's on her, but anyone would need more than 3 weeks to get past a years long relationship that ended on national television in an unbelievably embarrassing and cringe-worthy way, no matter how bad it was.  I also think when relationships start so young, you often don't develop mature ways of handling the break ups.  Maybe I'll change my mind when I hear the latest stuff, but so far, I think Evan really sucks and Morgan kind of does too.  As for Kaci moving on and not talking about Evan, I don't really think that's entirely fair.  She's being interviewed specifically about this show and her relationship with Evan. What else is she supposed to talk about? That's the whole point of the interviews.  Evan can at least talk about his new relationship. Kaci doesn't have that. And he and Morgan are also talking about wanting to go do more reality shows, which Kaci hasn't really expressed an interest in.  I hope she is able to move on from this and learn, but in my opinion, she is obviously much better off without that loser.  

• Love 16

OMG LOL. So I kept hearing that I should listen to Kaci on the podcast..I got through about 15 minutes--I loved her all season, but seriously I couldnt listen to her another minute. I felt like I was listening to a high schooler whine about her boyfriend. Even if he did contact her (which is wrong of course) this is the guy who repeatedly supposedly lied to you, the guy you said "if he crosses the line with anyone youre done" and on and on and on (I have gone from really liking her to just being tired of hearing her), so what if Evan did contact you? He humiliated you and you humiliated yourself on national tv (I refuse to put it all on either of them)--you should know better. She sounds sooooo bitter. its very sad, I hope she can really be a class act and move on.  

• Love 5

So i did listen to the podcast and I did find it enjoyable and informative.  

It was definitely interesting to hear Mark's thoughts and first impressions of the couples.  I laughed at how Mark went to the producers and was asking if they had a backup couple just in case Shari decided to leave after 1 night.  Also, interesting how Mark said he knew Evan and Kaci weren't going to last because they had too many red flags and he saw this right from the get go.

As for Kaci, i'm kind of mixed about her.  If I just listen to the podcast and take her at face value, then clearly it does come off as Evan is even more of a jerk and a liar.  Further, I don't believe for a second that Evan only met Kaci's family a handful of times and I do believe if Kaci is saying how they went on vacations with her family and spent holidays with them and such (you don't spend 5 years with someone and know someone for about 10 years and not meet each other's family or interact with them a bunch).  I do hope Evan goes and on and Steve has actually seen the texts and listened to the voicemail so he has the evidence in his back pocket to confront Evan, otherwise it will just turn into a he said she said or "i never said that" type of discussion.  Also, anyone else find it weird that Evan's younger brother was hanging out at the apartment for a few days after Kaci came back?  Why wouldn't she tell him to leave or why wouldn't he leave?  

Also interesting to discover that Karl stayed behind in Maui and spent a few days with Brittany.  Kind of surprised that Brittany would have been up to that after the last conversation we saw them have and especially since Karl said he was choosing to leave alone and not with someone else.

• Love 3

If anyone is interesting in Evan's dad's death/murder- i found this- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavin_Smith_(film_studio_executive)

Didn't realize this was a thing (or enough for someone to make a wikipedia page about it).  Just messed up.  Originally, when the death was mentioned on the show, i was envisioning more like a double homicide (Evan's dad and the woman he was with) but this makes it seem like the guy just killed Gavin and left his wife be and she stayed with him (possibly out of fear that he would kill her next?).  Not really sure how to react if a parent just randomly disappears and you suspect foul play was involved.

Although, in the wikipedia article, this is just so Evan "Evan later denied his parents were separating, saying "they were just going through normal stuff couples go through." ".  Pretty sure when a spouse has been constantly cheating on the other, that's not "normal stuff couples go through".  One thing for a married couple to feel unhappy in their marriage but if the root cause is because one person is stepping out on the other, well, not exactly business as usual (or at least in my opinion). 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 4/18/2019 at 7:36 PM, nlkm9 said:

I cant bear to listen to Kacis voice--anyone have a recap of the podcast where they were on??

You can skip Kaci’s part.  She basically says she’s over it (she’s not), that Evan’s family and friends were all on her side (supposedly after Kaci’s IG with her dad Evan’s mom told her to stop talking about her family and deceased husband and Kaci apologized).  She does have texts from Evan that imply wanting to get back together and that Morgan was clueless.  Evan said that Kaci suffers from anxiety, which she disclosed on the show, and was despondent so he wanted to give her some hope, it was wrong, and Morgan was aware of it all.  Bad, bad decision on Evan’s part even though he thought he was helping Kaci in some way.

Just listen to the first part where Mark Wahlberg talks about all the couples.  His take as the host with all the tea and a married man were interesting.  He said he went to the producers after meeting Shari and Javen and asked if there was a backup couple bc he didn’t think they’d even make it 24hrs.  

Kady and John kept throwing around the word love, but the things Kady said about John weren’t genuine complaints but more about being hurtful which isn’t something you do to someone you love.  

He said he liked Evan, Morgan and Kaci.  He thinks Morgan is a much better fit for Evan as he is impulsive and boyish, and she keeps it real.  He was quite pro Morgan.  Kaci and Evan were in a toxic relationship where he was never going to propose, she kept giving ultimatums, he would cheat, she would take back all the ultimatums and wash, rinse, repeat.  He did see the manipulative side of Kaci that Evan referenced, but doesn’t think she was trying to be malicious about it.  He thinks they were in a 5 yr relationship that went through a lot of ups and downs and were staying together out of obligation.  Steve asked Mark if things would’ve been different if Evan sent a video and Mark said nothing would have been different bc Kaci had already made the choice to not watch video, the writing was on the wall with Evan and Kaci being over and Kaci was the only one thinking they had a chance to get back together.  Sure Evan was the first to stray, but once he got to know Morgan it was clear that he was only interested in Morgan.  He was not a guy looking for any chance to cheat on his GF.  Kaci has talked about how well she got to know the cast and how supportive of her they were.  Mark’s take was a little different.  He basically said she was an emotional mess and so he spent a lot of time with her bc he had to bc she was so distraught.  Mark said he tried to get real with her at one of the bonfires and had a long discussion about why she was making their relationship out to be something it wasn’t (it was very clear to Mark from the get go they were never going to make it) and he doesn’t know why none of that aired.  I would love to see a lost footage ep with this.  I would listen to another podcast with Mark as he was good about spilling the tea.  

Dames Who Dish podcast is about as pro Evan (they think Kaci is very immature) as Steve is pro Kaci.  They recently had a short update of Evan and Morgan who are very much together and seem to be quite happy.  They have been living in DC and plan to move to CA this year.

Edited by Booger666
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

Ooh, we only have to wait until October?  Yaaas!  I hope they do a "Where Are They Now?" for the season 1 folks before season 2 kicks off.  I know season 1 wasn't that long ago, but who knows what post-TI could bring.

• Love 5