Type keyword(s) to search

Temptation Island (2019) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Morgan never closes her mouth.  EVER.  Watch for this next episode

This is the look she always has on her face

Temptation-Island-Recap-Kaci-Campbell-Evan-Smith-Morgan-Lolar.jpg

She's slack jawed. And likely a mouth breather. 

• LOL 6
5 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

did she explain how he cheated with her when he was in another relationship? I like kaci but starting to tire of her and her podcasts and publicity. I hope she moves on.

Not sure what answer you're looking for other than the fact he was still in a relationship when he began dating her.  Is there another definition of cheating?  Once the show is over she will disappear.  Reality Steve invited her to be on his podcast every week.  After Temptation Island is over he'll have her back one more time most likely to talk about things they couldn't talk about while the show was still airing so as not to spoil anything for the viewers.  He'll be having the other contestant couples on as well, either together or singly. 

1 hour ago, nlkm9 said:

but saying "I wont cheat until she does " is honestly, cowardly and immature, but I agree he had kadi on his mind and I dont think he will get over some of the stuff she has said to him. I dont think hes a creep, but like my average or slightly overweight friends, I say you cant expect to have the most gorgeous, great looking guy with no baggage after a certain age, of if your parameters are so narrow (one of my friends--in her 50's- her potential mate-has to have 1 kid or less, live within 10 miles, make a lot of $, etc), then expect to either settle for someone who is not nice to you and probably has others on the side, or expect to be alone a long time. He isnt a creep, but he is no adonis and how about taking your expectations of what your girlfriend should look like down a notch. Katheryn, with her seriously injected lips and her boobs is a downgrade from Kady, and now you both are people that think cheating during a relationship is ok--which makes both of you losers. There plenty of nice women out there who arent "bombshells" but if thats his type, oh well. I think its kind of great that she blocked him and he still got with her. lol. But i actually have so sympathy for a guy who is fairly shallow, I feel sorry for him not because of the cheating, but because of way she has systematically attacked his manhood. its a shame.

At the end of the day, coming at anyone on this show on some shallow level is pointless. This show is a bunch of pretty people looking for love with other pretty people. It's temptation island. The physical component is going to be heavy on everyone even if the biggest connections go beyond that. He's no different than anyone else. He's no more shallow than any other hook up on this show. If they didn't think the person was attractive on some level they wouldn't care. 

I also don't spend a lot of time projecting things on to people. I can't label him as shallow in a show where everyone is going for someone attractive.

I also hate this whole, fat guy know your role thing people project on to overweight guys. If he said that's all he wants or deserves is a hot skinny blond, maybe tell him to slow his roll a bit. That's not what's going on here. And also, Independent of where they are now, he got the hot girl. In real life and on the show. Whatever. People like what they like. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, nlkm9 said:

did she explain how he cheated with her when he was in another relationship? I like kaci but starting to tire of her and her podcasts and publicity. I hope she moves on.

She did. It was brief, but she said something about it being a bad time in her life and having low self esteem and not being proud of it, that she’s good with that girl now, but that girl still doesn’t like Evan very much. 

Evan is just a turd. He’s immature, entitled and thinks of relationships the way high schoolers do. It’s frankly pathetic and weird, and I cannot understand Morgan being into it at all.  I understand Kaci because she’s been with him since she was young and that can keep your blinders on longer than usual, but how can someone meeting him as an adult woman not see his behavior as the giant screaming red flag it is? He also apparently has spoiled the season multiple times on social media, so I can’t imagine the show is super happy with him now.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, nlkm9 said:

I think Kaci was “the other woman” when Evan was with a college GF.

I’m also tired of her.  She acts like she’s so smart and knows Evan so well. If that’s the case why did she push to go on this show?

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Booger666 said:

I think Kaci was “the other woman” when Evan was with a college GF.

I’m also tired of her.  She acts like she’s so smart and knows Evan so well. If that’s the case why did she push to go on this show?

I never want to hear about reality Steve again.

Honestly, I never listen to any reality show participant playing damage control and/or trying to extend their Fame on podcasts. I don't care what they have to say.

Kaci dated an asshole for years. I don't need any justifications for it.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Booger666 said:

She probably thought they wouldn't cast anyone "worth it".  Too bad she forgot that for Evan, breathing is the only qualifier for "worth it".

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

I never want to hear about reality Steve again.

Honestly, I never listen to any reality show participant playing damage control and/or trying to extend their Fame on podcasts. I don't care what they have to say.

Kaci dated an asshole for years. I don't need any justifications for it.

I'll have to disagree on this slightly.  While the show is airing, it is interesting listening and learning a little bit more of the people on the show and their backgrounds.  But yes, you have to take some of what they're saying with a grain of salt as clearly they're going to want to do some sort of damage control or spin the narrative in their favor.  I think I gained more respect for Kaci for what she was saying in the now.  Clearly on the show she's acting the way she feels and comes off like an ostrich with her head in the sand.  For her, she needs some time by herself to heal and mentally get back into a good place.  But a part of that healing is to own the fact that she was a fool by being with Evan for so long and not being able to see past all of his lies or BS.

As for her clinging to fame.  Eh.  As soon as the show is done, maybe she holds onto it for a few more weeks but her time is done and people will forget about her.  I mean, look at the Jersey Shore kids.  Eventually they all somewhat faded into the background.  Sure, every now and then one pops up in a random news story (usually not for something good) but I would sure hope that no one is paying them for appearances or any form of advertisement as they're all basically irrelevant in 2019.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

I feel sorry for him not because of the cheating, but because of way she has systematically attacked his manhood. its a shame.

Yeah I dont get why she does that and says stuff like she loves him. Shes cheated on him, calls him someone who would be a bad father etc I just dont get it. How would he be a bad father? She could be a bad mother for all she knows. And her saying he makes her not wanna children WTF?  Dont get how Johnny would be better than John, he wants a woman who cheated on her man with him 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, OnceSane said:

She probably thought they wouldn't cast anyone "worth it".  Too bad she forgot that for Evan, breathing is the only qualifier for "worth it".

Evan isn't worth it and is no price himself. Dude has serious dark circles under his eyes like he is in drugs and I can't get past that he reminds me of Andrew (Jace's dad) from Teen Mom. 

It cracked me up how John was saying how him and big mouth chick had connected. Uh, John, no. She is into fame not you and as soon as the show is over so will she.

Edited by toodywoody
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, dochielomn said:

I'll have to disagree on this slightly.  While the show is airing, it is interesting listening and learning a little bit more of the people on the show and their backgrounds.  But yes, you have to take some of what they're saying with a grain of salt as clearly they're going to want to do some sort of damage control or spin the narrative in their favor.  I think I gained more respect for Kaci for what she was saying in the now.  Clearly on the show she's acting the way she feels and comes off like an ostrich with her head in the sand.  For her, she needs some time by herself to heal and mentally get back into a good place.  But a part of that healing is to own the fact that she was a fool by being with Evan for so long and not being able to see past all of his lies or BS.

As for her clinging to fame.  Eh.  As soon as the show is done, maybe she holds onto it for a few more weeks but her time is done and people will forget about her.  I mean, look at the Jersey Shore kids.  Eventually they all somewhat faded into the background.  Sure, every now and then one pops up in a random news story (usually not for something good) but I would sure hope that no one is paying them for appearances or any form of advertisement as they're all basically irrelevant in 2019.

those "irrelevant" kids just had 2 seasons of family shore vacation and 2 of the cast members are having a bachelor like show on MTV coming up ( my daughter told me this yesterday). They are def not ireelevant, although most of them spend most of their time making instagram millions. my guess is this cast will fade away, but Katheryn, having already been on 3 reality shows, will find another to be on. birds of a feather flock together. I truly hope Kaci can move on and give herself time to heal (sounds like doing these podcasts may be cathartic) and not continue to gather limited fame as a jilted girlfriend.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Racj82 said:

At the end of the day, coming at anyone on this show on some shallow level is pointless. This show is a bunch of pretty people looking for love with other pretty people. It's temptation island. The physical component is going to be heavy on everyone even if the biggest connections go beyond that. He's no different than anyone else. He's no more shallow than any other hook up on this show. If they didn't think the person was attractive on some level they wouldn't care. 

I also don't spend a lot of time projecting things on to people. I can't label him as shallow in a show where everyone is going for someone attractive.

I also hate this whole, fat guy know your role thing people project on to overweight guys. If he said that's all he wants or deserves is a hot skinny blond, maybe tell him to slow his roll a bit. That's not what's going on here. And also, Independent of where they are now, he got the hot girl. In real life and on the show. Whatever. People like what they like. 

I never said he was fat--I didnt hear anyone say that--so he may have gotten 2 "hot blondes" but it doesnt seem to have worked out for him. perhaps he needs to reevaluate the type of person he is attracted to.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, jay741982 said:

Yeah I dont get why she does that and says stuff like she loves him. Shes cheated on him, calls him someone who would be a bad father etc I just dont get it. How would he be a bad father? She could be a bad mother for all she knows. And her saying he makes her not wanna children WTF

It’s especially cruel of Kady because John’s father committed suicide.  It must be awful for him to hear Kady say nasty things about how he won’t be a good father.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

Evan isn't worth it and is no price himself. Dude has serious dark circles under his eyes like he is in drugs and I can't get past that he reminds me of Andrew (Jace's dad) from Teen Mom. 

When they first introduced the couples, I was sure he wouldn't attract anyone because he's just real hard to look at. It's the sunken eyes along with the god awful personality. But, I guess I was wrong. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, nlkm9 said:

I never said he was fat--I didnt hear anyone say that--so he may have gotten 2 "hot blondes" but it doesnt seem to have worked out for him. perhaps he needs to reevaluate the type of person he is attracted to.

I didn't say you or anyone else said that. I just know the underlying context of what some people mean by that out of your league type banter. And maybe personality wise he does need to reevaluate what he's looking for. Looks are whatever. There are way too many mismatched pairings in the world for some people to still be worried about who is in what league. Individuals decide that. 

10 hours ago, dochielomn said:

I don't think she is clinging to fame. I think some do. That's why I said and/or.

There are millions of people out there like Kaci. I'm glad she seems to better be in a better place. I just don't want to hear her babble through it. 

It's not just her. Shari jumped on a podcast I listen to about the show and I deleted it right away. Just don't care. I don't follow Twitter feeds or anyone's social media. Just give me the show and possibly a reunion. I'm good with that. 

A lot of people and I'm not saying anyone is here or judging anyone become internet sleuths for this type of stuff sussing out all the details. It's not for me. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

those "irrelevant" kids just had 2 seasons of family shore vacation and 2 of the cast members are having a bachelor like show on MTV coming up ( my daughter told me this yesterday). They are def not ireelevant, although most of them spend most of their time making instagram millions. my guess is this cast will fade away, but Katheryn, having already been on 3 reality shows, will find another to be on. birds of a feather flock together. I truly hope Kaci can move on and give herself time to heal (sounds like doing these podcasts may be cathartic) and not continue to gather limited fame as a jilted girlfriend.

They might be getting shows on MTV, but by no means are they as popular as they were when Jersey Shore first aired and blew up.  Majority of the time these days, when they pop up into the news cycle, it's because they're being arrested or potentially getting a divorce or something like that.  So, maybe irrelevant wasn't the best choice to words, but they are not as popular as they were.  I would take a friendly bet that the ratings for Jersey Shore were much higher than any of the ratings for their spinoff shows or reunion shows.  As for making money via instagram or youtube or anything, that's a whole other issue which i just don't understand why people pay others in this manner.  But I guess kids are kids and follow these types of people (and so i understand how an advertiser would decide to endorse someone to promote their product).

• Love 1
On 3/8/2019 at 8:15 AM, Mhl2016 said:

As a warning if you want to listen, they don’t give away the ending, but it’s impossible not to read into what they’re saying.

Can you say what we already know in spoiler tags please!  :>)

ETA.  I don't like Kaci one bit.  I am empathetic but not a fan. 

Edited by Bucket
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, dochielomn said:

They might be getting shows on MTV, but by no means are they as popular as they were when Jersey Shore first aired and blew up.  Majority of the time these days, when they pop up into the news cycle, it's because they're being arrested or potentially getting a divorce or something like that.  So, maybe irrelevant wasn't the best choice to words, but they are not as popular as they were.  I would take a friendly bet that the ratings for Jersey Shore were much higher than any of the ratings for their spinoff shows or reunion shows.  As for making money via instagram or youtube or anything, that's a whole other issue which i just don't understand why people pay others in this manner.  But I guess kids are kids and follow these types of people (and so i understand how an advertiser would decide to endorse someone to promote their product).

not to be argumentative but thats the mood Im in, but you said they were "irrelevant" --irrelevant people do not get 3 new shows in the course of 1 year.( so theyre not as popular as when they were the very newest thing, but still quite popular) i dont agree with it, and I have no desire to watch it <gag> but something about that cast remains fascinating for a lot of people, Pauly D is now worth 24mil!! crazy. i dont get the instagram thing but someone told me if you are popular on there, you wear or show products and you get paid for how many clicks you get on it. I heard Jade, the chick from the bachelor, makes over a million a year doing this!! I mean wow!! I dont have instagram, nor do i care to.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

not to be argumentative but thats the mood Im in, but you said they were "irrelevant" --irrelevant people do not get 3 new shows in the course of 1 year.( so theyre not as popular as when they were the very newest thing, but still quite popular) i dont agree with it, and I have no desire to watch it <gag> but something about that cast remains fascinating for a lot of people, Pauly D is now worth 24mil!! crazy. i dont get the instagram thing but someone told me if you are popular on there, you wear or show products and you get paid for how many clicks you get on it. I heard Jade, the chick from the bachelor, makes over a million a year doing this!! I mean wow!! I dont have instagram, nor do i care to.

Yes and that's why i kind of retracted and said perhaps "irrelevant" was not the best word choice.  But in the spirit of friendly debate, my definition of irrelevant could be completely different than yours, :).  I would say if they're really not making constant headlines or making appearances on "non"-MTV shows (because of course the network that employs them is going to promote them as much as possible on their own network in an attempt to get ratings up), such as the late-night talk shows or morning shows (which i'm guessing at their height, the cast was probably doing but i don't think they're doing today).  Now, whether they're able to make money off of their "fame", that's a different ball game.  I personally could care less about all of them and would never buy a product just because they were endorsing it.  But now we're going down a different rabbit hole, back to Temptation Island discussion for me, :).

• Love 1
3 hours ago, dochielomn said:

Yes and that's why i kind of retracted and said perhaps "irrelevant" was not the best word choice.  But in the spirit of friendly debate, my definition of irrelevant could be completely different than yours, :).  I would say if they're really not making constant headlines or making appearances on "non"-MTV shows (because of course the network that employs them is going to promote them as much as possible on their own network in an attempt to get ratings up), such as the late-night talk shows or morning shows (which i'm guessing at their height, the cast was probably doing but i don't think they're doing today).  Now, whether they're able to make money off of their "fame", that's a different ball game.  I personally could care less about all of them and would never buy a product just because they were endorsing it.  But now we're going down a different rabbit hole, back to Temptation Island discussion for me, :).

well lol I said that before your retraction! ha!! so back to temptation island. something about katheryn bothers me more than just about anyone.....she  is like a vulture...a big lipped vulture. I dont know why the big lips bother me so much!!

On 3/14/2019 at 4:26 PM, SarahC said:

omg. this is funny. lol. but when she is smiling she is very cute. and a great figure, almost unreal.

On 3/15/2019 at 8:04 AM, Booger666 said:

It’s especially cruel of Kady because John’s father committed suicide.  It must be awful for him to hear Kady say nasty things about how he won’t be a good father.

UGH I didnt know his dad committed suicide! God what a Bitch. 

• Love 12

Ended up slightly down the rabbit hole this weekend and saw some of the singles twitter feeds and it was kind of funny how much a lot of them were complaining about editing on the show, particularly Morgan complaining that "deep" conversations between her and Evan were not shown.  For something like this, i have to laugh because of course this show is going to edit things out and try to show the more juicy or scandalous stuff or at least spin the narrative that they think will be the best for ratings.  I think I also might have accidentally seen a potential spoiler but I'll wait and see what happens this Tuesday.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, OnceSane said:

The couples reunite at their final bonfire to make the most important decision of their lives.

Unless you are Kaci, then the decision is made for you. 😳 

I’m hopeful Javen proposes to Shari.  And wonder if Karl and Nicole say they were tempted, but learned a lot so decide to give it another try.  He was so quick to give a pass on yoga lady makes me wonder if he’s still attached to Nicole in some way.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Booger666 said:

Unless you are Kaci, then the decision is made for you. 😳 

I’m hopeful Javen proposes to Shari.  And wonder if Karl and Nicole say they were tempted, but learned a lot so decide to give it another try.  He was so quick to give a pass on yoga lady makes me wonder if he’s still attached to Nicole in some way.

I'm at rooting for John to Dump Kady's awful ass after her horrid comment about him making her not wanna have children and saying he would be a bad father. "I dont wanna cheat but I cant help how I feel " UGH Have fun with the Cheater Johnny. Less said about Evan the better he and Morgan deserve each other 

• Love 6

Kady is a piece of work.  What decade is she living in that she needs a "leader" for her SO and the father of her children?  A good man doesn't rate?  And what has Johnnie done over these weeks that's convinced her he's a leader (or interested in fathering her kids)?

I loved John's speech to Kady.  She deserved it, and so did he.  I hope he dumps her ass.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

Kady is a piece of work.  What decade is she living in that she needs a "leader" for her SO and the father of her children?  A good man doesn't rate?  And what has Johnnie done over these weeks that's convinced her he's a leader (or interested in fathering her kids)?

I loved John's speech to Kady.  She deserved it, and so did he.  I hope he dumps her ass.

The same woman "who felt like a piece of shit and that John didnt deserve what she did" yet kisses Johnny afterward and was almost making out with him when he left. Guess what makes Johnny better is hes more "Alpha" GAG. John should ask her how hes not fit to raise kids with her. GUH what a witch. Hope John told her where she could go after that Crap. 

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 3

If John says that he wants to leave the island with Kady, then I'll just shake my head with disgust.  But I really don't see that happening.  Figure John is going to say he wants to leave along or with Katheryn.  Also expect that Kady is going to say alone or with Johnny.  Kady's comments have to be the nail in the coffin for their relationship.  John was crying about how good he is with his nieces and nephews and how he is with Kady's friend's kids but he's going to accept her comments to him?  No chance.

As for Karl and Nicole, it was just funny.  You could tell that Nicole really wanted to say alone from the start but was too afraid in the moment.  But then Karl pushed her and she finally said the truth.  It was the right thing for her to do.  Have to wonder at how much Karl really respected her?  The fact that even after she spoke he was like "but i want weight on your shoulders, you shouldn't be talking to men at a bar", just blech.  I think ultimately, their relationship was doomed from the start.  We never got the full back story about how long Nicole had a boyfriend before meeting Karl, but Karl basically never got over that Nicole had a boyfriend, met Karl, and then dumped the boyfriend to be with Karl.  He now just assumes that she's biding her time before she dumps him so hence he doesn't trust her.  Can't have a relationship that doesn't have trust.  Not going to work.  Also, hopefully, if Karl reaches out to Brittney, she doesn't want to give him a 2nd chance.  Karl seems like an ok guy, but the way he was talking to Brittney, just made me think he could have handled that situation better, especially since they had just slept together and supposedly had a connection.

Also, didn't Mark tell all of the remaining singles that their journey had ended, meaning that they were suppose to leave the island.  Well, i guess this wasn't the case if at the bonfire he's telling the couples if they want to leave with someone.  Guess that means that the singles just moved to a hotel or a new house or something.  Makes me wonder if the other previously singles also had to leave or were allowed to stay on Maui.

Lastly, the previews for next week.....just want to figuratively smack some sense into Kaci as it looks like Evan is going to break up with her.  I said it before, I would gain a ton of respect for Kaci if she just kicked Evan in the balls while calling him a lying sack of (insert another word for crap).  But i doubt that's going to happen.  Also, for Shari and Javen, i really think that's editting.  Can't imagine Shari breaking up with him considering Javen didn't even remotely come close to crossing any lines the entire time he was there.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dochielomn said:

If John says that he wants to leave the island with Kady, then I'll just shake my head with disgust.  But I really don't see that happening.  Figure John is going to say he wants to leave along or with Katheryn.  Also expect that Kady is going to say alone or with Johnny.  Kady's comments have to be the nail in the coffin for their relationship.  John was crying about how good he is with his nieces and nephews and how he is with Kady's friend's kids but he's going to accept her comments to him?  No chance.

As for Karl and Nicole, it was just funny.  You could tell that Nicole really wanted to say alone from the start but was too afraid in the moment.  But then Karl pushed her and she finally said the truth.  It was the right thing for her to do.  Have to wonder at how much Karl really respected her?  The fact that even after she spoke he was like "but i want weight on your shoulders, you shouldn't be talking to men at a bar", just blech.  I think ultimately, their relationship was doomed from the start.  We never got the full back story about how long Nicole had a boyfriend before meeting Karl, but Karl basically never got over that Nicole had a boyfriend, met Karl, and then dumped the boyfriend to be with Karl.  He now just assumes that she's biding her time before she dumps him so hence he doesn't trust her.  Can't have a relationship that doesn't have trust.  Not going to work.  Also, hopefully, if Karl reaches out to Brittney, she doesn't want to give him a 2nd chance.  Karl seems like an ok guy, but the way he was talking to Brittney, just made me think he could have handled that situation better, especially since they had just slept together and supposedly had a connection.

Also, didn't Mark tell all of the remaining singles that their journey had ended, meaning that they were suppose to leave the island.  Well, i guess this wasn't the case if at the bonfire he's telling the couples if they want to leave with someone.  Guess that means that the singles just moved to a hotel or a new house or something.  Makes me wonder if the other previously singles also had to leave or were allowed to stay on Maui.

Lastly, the previews for next week.....just want to figuratively smack some sense into Kaci as it looks like Evan is going to break up with her.  I said it before, I would gain a ton of respect for Kaci if she just kicked Evan in the balls while calling him a lying sack of (insert another word for crap).  But i doubt that's going to happen.  Also, for Shari and Javen, i really think that's editting.  Can't imagine Shari breaking up with him considering Javen didn't even remotely come close to crossing any lines the entire time he was there.

I’ll be honest, I didn’t see any connection between Brittany and Karl beyond sexual. It just looked like two people who were hella attracted to one another. 

I think it’s clear that Nicole still has some sort of wall up. The fact that she had to ask permission to hug Karl just shows how much work she has to do on herself. I’m glad she left by herself instead of leaving with Tyler.  She definitely needs space to figure out herself and what she wants and needs

• Love 6
On 3/14/2019 at 4:26 PM, SarahC said:

ok lol ya got me. I could not unsee this last nite--i actually find her unattractive now. lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Fellaway said:

wow Kady is nasty. while i dont agree with John and his "Ill only cheat if she screws up" my guess is he will leave with <gag> katheryn. I would like to see him leave on his own, "like a man". haha. Karl was a typical guy using Brittany for sex but she was so overly aggressive with him and really does she really want a guy who is so easily tempted. I'm thrilled and impressed that Karl chose to leave alone. Sorry brit--no matter what the circumstance, dont hook up with a guy who has a girlfriend--STUPID!!! Kaci--I have no words and will fast fwd through her next week--all her tough talk and shes going to beg him. That is pathetic. javen and shari--I hope they get engaged.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

wow Kady is nasty. while i dont agree with John and his "Ill only cheat if she screws up" my guess is he will leave with <gag> katheryn. I would like to see him leave on his own, "like a man". haha. Karl was a typical guy using Brittany for sex but she was so overly aggressive with him and really does she really want a guy who is so easily tempted. I'm thrilled and impressed that Karl chose to leave alone. Sorry brit--no matter what the circumstance, dont hook up with a guy who has a girlfriend--STUPID!!! Kaci--I have no words and will fast fwd through her next week--all her tough talk and shes going to beg him. That is pathetic. javen and shari--I hope they get engaged.

Kady is terrible. I guess John just isn't her 'type', but she should have thought of that before they built a life together and made him think that they were going to get married. 

Brittany was way aggressive, and I'm not surprised that's how it ended. Not that it's right, but it was the writing on the wall. I went back and forth from being annoyed by Karl and feeling bad for him at the bonfire. He's definitely too insecure in that relationship, but also I could tell he really loves Nicole. 

Not looking forward to watching Kaci beg that ugly ass weirdo Evan next week.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SarahC said:

Kady is terrible. I guess John just isn't her 'type', but she should have thought of that before they built a life together and made him think that they were going to get married. 

Brittany was way aggressive, and I'm not surprised that's how it ended. Not that it's right, but it was the writing on the wall. I went back and forth from being annoyed by Karl and feeling bad for him at the bonfire. He's definitely too insecure in that relationship, but also I could tell he really loves Nicole. 

Not looking forward to watching Kaci beg that ugly ass weirdo Evan next week.

by the way Nicole is absolutely stunning.

• Love 2

Here’s my question wrt Morgan and evan’s future if they stay together—what is going to happen with his family? Like, they’ve known Kaci for 10 years and she has seen him through the disappearance/death of his father and nursed him through a medical crisis and is probably a part of their family at this point. Since they (probably—I mean he is a pretty massive tool but he’s still family) love Evan and won’t want to blame him for what is obviously completely his fault, aren’t they basically just always going to see Morgan as a home wrecking whore (not my opinion of her at all, but how I think they will view it)? I just don’t see his family ever accepting her after all this. I do think their relationship will last as long as people keep bashing them on Twitter. Evan is the kind of immature loser who will think their us-against-the-world love is so deep and profound. Once it’s an actual steady relationship in the real world and no one cares about them anymore, he’s gonna get bored. He feeds off the drama. His creepy staring and pronouncements of their deep love is so high school, it’s painful to watch from an adult man. I truly cannot understand why either of those women would want such a loser. 

Oh, and Kady sucks. 

• Love 10
29 minutes ago, Mhl2016 said:

Here’s my question wrt Morgan and evan’s future if they stay together—what is going to happen with his family? Like, they’ve known Kaci for 10 years and she has seen him through the disappearance/death of his father and nursed him through a medical crisis and is probably a part of their family at this point. Since they (probably—I mean he is a pretty massive tool but he’s still family) love Evan and won’t want to blame him for what is obviously completely his fault, aren’t they basically just always going to see Morgan as a home wrecking whore (not my opinion of her at all, but how I think they will view it)? I just don’t see his family ever accepting her after all this. I do think their relationship will last as long as people keep bashing them on Twitter. Evan is the kind of immature loser who will think their us-against-the-world love is so deep and profound. Once it’s an actual steady relationship in the real world and no one cares about them anymore, he’s gonna get bored. He feeds off the drama. His creepy staring and pronouncements of their deep love is so high school, it’s painful to watch from an adult man. I truly cannot understand why either of those women would want such a loser. 

Oh, and Kady sucks. 

I think Evan's family will get over it in time.  There will definitely be some comparisons to Kaci and maybe the occasional comment but i'm not too concerned about how Evan's family will take this.  Besides, him and Kaci have broken up before and Evan has cheated on Kaci before, so clearly they're use to this.  As for Evan and Morgan, once the show ends, give it a few weeks before their 15 minutes of fame comes to a halt.

• Love 1

I hope John “ mans up” and goes home alone. He needs a break, and he is in no place to begin a relationship that began as revenge. Yeah kady sucks big time and i still don’t get her statement about not wanting kids. 

• Love 3

I’m going to state an unpopular opinion here ... I think Evan’s family will be just fine.  I’m sure they like Kaci and will miss her, but she isn’t the right match for him.  I wish Evan had handled the situation better, but I don’t think he was truly awful.  If you go on a show like TI, you have to expect that this can happen.  Kaci is the one who encouraged the show.  Kaci has given him ultimatums.  Despite being together as long as they have and her strong desire to get married he has refused.  On the show Kaci has been coming off like the “cool girl”.  In the previews next week it looks like she is pleading with him to stay together.  Evan has said that Kaci can be manipulative and I wonder if this is what we’ll see next week, her being emotionally manipulative.  And, if her meltdown is as bad as it looks, I better understand why he didn’t do a video (NOT excusing him, he absolutely should’ve done one).

I have a much bigger issue with Kady.  She told John she was interested in marriage to the point they have looked at rings.  I think many on the show are giving her a pass because she cries so much.  I see the crying as manipulative.  She has no qualms about hooking up with Johnny quickly.  The crying and talking about how strong her connection with Johnny is while claiming to deeply love John comes off like someone who wants to have her cake and eat it too.  I think she is truly awful and Evan is somewhat awful.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

I’m going to state an unpopular opinion here ... I think Evan’s family will be just fine.  I’m sure they like Kaci and will miss her, but she isn’t the right match for him.  I wish Evan had handled the situation better, but I don’t think he was truly awful.  If you go on a show like TI, you have to expect that this can happen.  Kaci is the one who encouraged the show.  Kaci has given him ultimatums.  Despite being together as long as they have and her strong desire to get married he has refused.  On the show Kaci has been coming off like the “cool girl”.  In the previews next week it looks like she is pleading with him to stay together.  Evan has said that Kaci can be manipulative and I wonder if this is what we’ll see next week, her being emotionally manipulative.  And, if her meltdown is as bad as it looks, I better understand why he didn’t do a video (NOT excusing him, he absolutely should’ve done one).

I have a much bigger issue with Kady.  She told John she was interested in marriage to the point they have looked at rings.  I think many on the show are giving her a pass because she cries so much.  I see the crying as manipulative.  She has no qualms about hooking up with Johnny quickly.  The crying and talking about how strong her connection with Johnny is while claiming to deeply love John comes off like someone who wants to have her cake and eat it too.  I think she is truly awful and Evan is somewhat awful.

Agreed Evans family will be fine. Don’t even know where morgan lives in relation to morgan but going from posh incredible Hawaii to normal life and dirty underwear is a real joy killer lol

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

The crying and talking about how strong her connection with Johnny is while claiming to deeply love John comes off like someone who wants to have her cake and eat it too. 

"Have her cake and eat it too" is exactly the phrase I've had in my head about Kady.  I think she came on the show fully intending to cheat on John if any of the guys struck her fancy.  She can tell us she loves and respects John all she wants, but it's impossible to believe when she never showed it.  She certainly doesn't love him as much as she loves herself.

After all these eps and what we've seen all these people do, Kady is the one I find most despicable.

• Love 6

I think at the start they said Morgan was a real estate agent living in Virginia (but the town/city they mentioned was nearby DC) and I think Evan on the show said he can't wait to go to DC to see her family.  So Morgan is basically from the DC area to my understanding.

As for Kady, I don't think I've seen one person on this board defend her or say that she's a sweet girl or take her side.  Her problem is she's just not in love with John but probably everyone in her life (family and friends) thinks that John is a great guy/catch and has probably told her "don't let this one go".  Or perhaps, since Kady is either 30 or 31, maybe her clock is ticking and so people as they get older get into a serious relationship quicker because they think/feel they need to hurry up and get married.  I suppose this isn't quite the case with Kady since her and John have been together almost 3 years but you never know.  Either way, I don't think anyone had really defended Kady's actions so I don't think that's an unpopular opinion.  

In terms of who is worse, Evan or Kady (and if that's what you meant by unpopular opinion), I still say Evan is worse just for the way he's handled himself on the island and in general.  I think Evan is a stereotypical used car salesman in that he'll say whatever it takes to get what he wants regardless of if he means it or not.  Yes, Kaci made an "ultimatum" but she was also clear with him about her expectations and he agreed to it.  If he was truly honest, he would have said no and that would have been that.  I feel like Evan also wants to be liked and hence he kept asking for backup or assurance from the guys.  I think when Evan first cheated, both John and Karl wanted to tell Evan that "yes, you are a scumbag" but since they're living in the same house, they wanted to be polite and nice and not create a disturbance so they basically said that every person's situation is different and left it at that.  So, if we're choosing, who's worse, Evan or Kady, my vote is Evan.  

• Love 6

Nicole is so weird.  I hate using that word, because she's probably a good person, and maybe she and I are just so different that she would think I'M weird!  But, she just talks and talks and talks and I never know what the hell she's talking about.  It's a lot of SURFACE LEVEL talking without getting to the heart of the matter!

Finally, because Karl actually speaks real English, I guess I understand this couple now.  Karl is really possessive and has trust issues!  OK!  Would never have guessed that.

Nicole did not react A T A L L when Karl said he cheated.  LOL. What are those two even doing together?  Was Nicole kept in a dungeon the whole time?

Those two.  Are just so weird.  Are they Tommy Mottola and Mariah Carey?  Is Nicole gonna release "Butterfly" now?

In terms of who is worse Evan and Kady.  It's a fun game and I'll play.  I think Kady is worse. She seems incredibly secure and like she knows exactly what the hell she's doing so I don't get why she strings John around.  Evan seems incredibly messed up and like he needs major therapy so I find it hard to see any normal adult human agency in his brain.  He needs help.

I've talked some smack about John here but  he presented himself incredibly well and clearly at the final bonfire, so good for him.  I hope he finds someone good. I don't think he should have an issue.  Dump her ass.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Nicole is so weird.  I hate using that word, because she's probably a good person, and maybe she and I are just so different that she would think I'M weird!  But, she just talks and talks and talks and I never know what the hell she's talking about.  It's a lot of SURFACE LEVEL talking without getting to the heart of the matter!

Yeah. She definitely doesn't feel comfortable opening up with her feelings, or perhaps doesn't understand them herself. It probably doesn't help that Karl seems so overbearing.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Nicole did not react A T A L L when Karl said he cheated.  LOL. What are those two even doing together?  Was Nicole kept in a dungeon the whole time?

Yeah, that was definitely weird.  I think it has to be because she cheated too or at least did stuff with Tyler that broke her and Karl's rules for the island so she probably has to think that she's guilty too.  Maybe  she didn't go all the way with Tyler but they showed them going under the covers at least once, think twice, and the way Tyler was saying "this may be our last night, let's make the most of it", you really have to assume that they did more than just talk and watch the sun rise....

Nicole clearly has more "growing up" to do.  And I mean this in a nice way.  She needs more self reflection and time to herself to figure out what she wants for herself and in a future significant other.  Karl has his own issues to work out and he's far from perfect.  I get when he says that he doesn't want his girlfriend acting like she's single if she goes out to the bar and such but at the same point, you have to have trust and faith in your significant other and not get upset if they want to go out with friends and such and you're not there and trust that she won't cross any lines.  Basically, Karl and Nicole, at this stage in their lives, do not belong together. 

• Love 7
On 3/21/2019 at 11:38 AM, dochielomn said:

I think at the start they said Morgan was a real estate agent living in Virginia (but the town/city they mentioned was nearby DC) and I think Evan on the show said he can't wait to go to DC to see her family.  So Morgan is basically from the DC area to my understanding.

She lives in Arlington VA (me too so I paid attention to her right away). Evan lives in LA right? That’s a long long-distance relationship. 

3 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

She lives in Arlington VA (me too so I paid attention to her right away). Evan lives in LA right? That’s a long long-distance relationship. 

That's right, Arlington.  Couldn't think of it.  Evan is in LA, so yeah, it's going to be quite interesting how that dynamic works.  Granted, Morgan could move out to LA and become a real estate agent there or Evan could take his business (which i think is like personal trainer) and do that closer to the DC area.

15 hours ago, dochielomn said:
19 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

That's right, Arlington.  Couldn't think of it.  Evan is in LA, so yeah, it's going to be quite interesting how that dynamic works.  Granted, Morgan could move out to LA and become a real estate agent there or Evan could take his business (which i think is like personal trainer) and do that closer to the DC area.

If he moves here my first obvious step is to sign up for a session & grill him right?

I’m a little ashamed about how much I’ll miss this show. I wish the early 2000s episodes were available. I bet they didn’t age well but gosh I loved watching them with my college roommates. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I finally got around to watching and my 11-year-old came in and asked, “Is this ‘Trouble in Paradise’?” And, truly, that’s a far superior show name.

I agree that Nicole came off as “weird.” She seemed entirely devoid of emotion and had serious walls up. If her issue with Karl is that they don’t have any deep conversations, then I am putting 90% of the blame on her for that. You can’t have a deep connection with someone who refuses to TALK about their thoughts and feelings. On the other hand, Karl was so cold when he was saying good-bye to Brittany, though—so he can obviously “turn off” emotions, too. I mean, I get that he panicked and realized if he wanted to stay with Nicole, he had to thank Brittany for her service as a temptress—and that’s truly how it came off to me that it was just a role for a show that was done now. Meanwhile he had been going along with her about how they’ve never had such a deep connection, etc. Somehow I zoned out during Nicole’s goodbye with whoever her guy is...so, nothing to add there. Out of this group, only Brittany comes out with my empathy.

My On Demand recording cut off in the middle of Kady’s sentence, but I assume it’s To Be Continued anyway. I’m going to guess they both go home alone.

I wonder whether the show will spring for an engagement ring for Javen—do they have Neil Lane or the like on retainer a la The Bachelor? But I think for sure they’ll leave the show “engaged” with or without a ring.

Evan dumping Kaci will be epic. They might need a whole hour just for them! I am here for it. As, again in the Bachelor world, I’m Here for the Wrong Reasons.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

If he moves here my first obvious step is to sign up for a session & grill him right?

I’m a little ashamed about how much I’ll miss this show. I wish the early 2000s episodes were available. I bet they didn’t age well but gosh I loved watching them with my college roommates. 

Oh I'm gonna be really sad when the season's over.  I will never be able to explain it, but I was obsessed with the show in the 2000s and I'm obsessed with it now.  

• Love 4