Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
saoirse

Sometimes I Lie

Buffy the Vampire Slayer alumna Sarah Michelle Gellar is set to star in and executive produce

Sometimes I Lie, a limited series based on former BBC journalist Alice Feeney’s debut novel. The series is being developed by Ellen DeGeneres’ A Very Good Production and Warner Bros TV whether the company is based. WBTV optioned the book on behalf of A Very Good Production, whose DeGeneres and Jeff Kleeman will executive produce alongside Gellar.

In Sometimes I Lie, Gellar stars as Amber Reynolds, a woman who wakes up in a hospital, unable to move, speak or open her eyes. She can hear everyone around her, but they don’t know she can. Amber doesn’t remember what happened, but she has a suspicion her husband had something to do with it. The timeline alternates between her paralyzed present, the week before her accident, and a series of childhood diaries from 20 years ago.

‘Sometimes I Lie’ Limited Series Starring Sarah Michelle Gellar & Produced By Ellen DeGeneres Lands At Fox

Fox has given a script commitment plus penalty to Sometimes I Lie, a limited series starring and executive produced by Buffy the Vampire Slayer alumna Sarah Michelle Gellar. The project, based on former BBC journalist Alice Feeney’s debut novel, hails from Oscar-nominated writer Robin Swicord (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button), Ellen DeGeneres’ A Very Good Production, Warner Bros TV where the company is based, and Fox Entertainment.