Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: From Turkey With Love

• Start Topic

Jennifer departs for Turkey to celebrate her brother’s engagement; Danielle sends Margaret a text that could end their friendship; Dolores hosts a charity event; Melissa finds out how Joe feels about their daughter taking over the family business.

Airs 01/09/19 at 9:00 PM Eastern

BAAAHAHAHAHA!!!! Jennifer please STOP!!! "In our culture, only one person goes down on their knees" and "unitedness"!?! Yeesshh! I don't like this Turkish tour guide by way of Chanel. I don't want to think of poor Melda on her knees for the chunky 45 year old brother. No offense to anyone 45 and chunky. 

Jackie's meeting with Tree bugged me. Jackie is starting to show her caving. I dont like it. For a writer, I don't like the poor articulation of her point.  Saying "is that how you fight someone? Screaming and cursing? You were wrong." That is a poor argument bc it was symptomatic of her initial "offense"  Tree. What she SHOULD have said was "if fambly is off the table for discussion and you want to protect your husband and children then please extend the same to Melissa and KEEP YOUR DISAGREEMENTS PRIVATE if you don't want someone to have an opinion on it. Otherwise SORRY 🙄 for bringing up the touchy subject of PRISON."

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 12

Jennifer (?) says to Teresa, oh your house is so beautiful!  

Me:  It's gaudy as hell, plus it's the house that crime built.   How are they still able to live there?  Other than it needing to be gutted if someone bought it.

Dolores - it's not usual to find someone with the old school values you have, I guess referencing Teresa and Jennifer.  So crime is old school, being ostentatious is old school, having your skin so tan (artificially) that it looks like beef jerky is old school?  Give me a break.

Some new chick met with Teresa (they'd had a blow up earlier) and Teresa wouldn't even halfway admit she was wrong.  Prison, er college, didn't change her "I'm never wrong" attitude at all.

And oh, Joe would be mad if she were working out with anyone other than Frank? (I think that is his name).  Right.  1. She doesn't give a shit about Joe, 2.  Allegedly, she's been with her attorney romantically (I know I've seen several articles or pictures with some guys).  She's all about finding a guy with money so she's not up a river without a paddle when Joe gets deported.

Why aren't they asking Antonia if she plans to go to college, rather than only choosing what her parents do?  Way to expand your kids' horizons!

I've not watched in eons.  One comment I mumbled to myself is that they need to get the felon off of tv. 

• Love 12

Jennifer is too much. Let it go already. Even her husband didn't have a problem with the article. She's gonna drag this shit out all season. 

I've got some advice for Frankie - just look at everything your dad ever did. And do the opposite. 

Frank Sr. Is just so gross to me. Could he not use the word "gluts", or even "rear" when training Tre?

Joe is another piece of work. Gorga that is. It was revolting how he was belittling Melissa's store and her earnings, and basically discouraging his daughter from doing something she's expressed internet in. I hope his kids are all starving artists and can't support him when his back breaks and he loses all of his businesses.

I again am left with a slightly uncomfortable feeling in regards to Dolores and her charity. It just seems a bit self serving. I'm not saying none of these women truly care, but there was a lot of promotion going on. 

And....was it not too fancy? I'd have felt uncomfortable showing up to that event in my jeans or sweats.

• Love 20

Old fashioned values?  Please.  The whole Turkish marriage thing.  In this day and age?  No thank you.  I found the whole thing creepy.  Team Margaret.

I felt the whole shelter thing a bit condescending.  This one....  That one...  And a bit exploitive.

Shut up Joey.  Mel most probably makes more money from this show than you do in your business.  Mel has more going on than 'just' a boutique. 

• Love 24

Credit to Dolores for that event and I hope this is a true cause she is involved with and not just for the Bravo camera.  That said, Melissa irritated me.  Yes, Margaret should have had the gift bags set up before the guests arrived (event time is at 6pm?  You show up at 4pm), but you could tell there was an effort made.  Melissa treated it like she had shoved a bunch of samples into a grab bag.  She puts more efforts into her eyelashes every morning. 

Tre struck me as comfortable at the event.  No doubt due to some of the people she met while away at camp as well as growing up in Paterson.  Margaret held up okay as well.  Jackie looked like she couldn't get out of there fast enough.  

Sadly, I thought Tre and Jennifer came off better in this episode.  If there is a scorecard.  Margaret and her mail order bride shtick was offensive.  I get she doesn't like Jennifer, but 2 wrongs don't make a right, Marge.  Sure, Jennifer is atrocious.  But Marge shouldn't stoop to her level.

And Jackie and her apology seem filled with insults.  "Do you always react that way?" And "my family went away, we just laughed at it!"  Come on.  I loved Jackie in the first few episodes.  But something about her is irking me and i can't quite put my finger on it.  I'm getting the classic grown up "mean girl" vibe.  

And finally Turkey.  After season after season of prosciutto, mozzarella, and Jersey faux maphia Italian gaudiness, having another culture in there is like a breath of fresh air.  But damn, Jennifer's husband truly could care kess about her.  

Kind of like JoeGo.  Could he be more of a pig towards his wife???

• Love 6

Dr. Evil couldn't go to Turkey b/c its short notice... and is a family and cultural tradition... and he moans/ appears to be disinterested, about being in charge of the kids...

tenor.gif.2e19b7e878453abcd10eb0b5c409efe6.gif

Edited by sATL
  • Love 11

I’m over Jackie now. I was kind of liking her but she just seems annoying now. Kind of gives off an I’m better then you vibe. She also just wants a storyline.

Jennifer is another annoying one. Shut up about Turkey. Your brothers new marriage is a joke. His future wife just wants to move to America. Her brother seems like a real dud. Not judging looks but he seems boring and no personality. I know we have only seen him for a bit on the show but that’s the vibe I get from him.

Enough with the old school traditions. You 3 are a joke. 

Melissa’s kids seem like such brats. Well the boys especially. No please or thank yous at all in the restaurant. They annoy me.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, sATL said:

everybody catch Nonno grinning like a  happy horny old man when he saw Jennifer ?

nonno_happy2.thumb.jpg.07fcb99808502bdbe13d00404564a03a.jpg

Ahhh.... Nonno knows Jennifer is into "old school." ;-)

I wonder how many goats he'd have to give Dr. Evil for the opportunity? 

• Love 23

These women are such dumbshits for staying with their asshole men - Dolores isn’t even married to her idiot ex and still lets him live in her home. Let’s just call this The Pathetic Old-School Housewives of New Jersey.

(Reading this again, sounds pretty harsh - oh well, ha!)

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 14

Ummmmmm, I'm left to believe that Melda's marriage to Jennifer's brother is a very cynical arrangement. Melda is gorgeous; she wouldn't be marrying Jennifer's doughy silent 40-somenthing lump of a brother if she were an American citizen.

3 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Old fashioned values?  Please.  The whole Turkish marriage thing.  In this day and age?  No thank you.  I found the whole thing creepy.  Team Margaret.

3 hours ago, ninjago said:

It is crazy how the women who are most committed to praising the "old fashioned"ness of their family's values are the ones who are treated the worst by their husbands.  Jennifer has an absent husband who sticks her with five terrible children, Delores's husband ran around with "whores" and showed no interest in their children until they were teenagers, Teresa got sent to jail and been called a c-word by her cheating husband, Melissa's husband disrespects her, let his parents disrespect her, and let their children disrespect her.  Compare all of these marriages to women like Ken and LVP or Kyle and Mauricio.  

Why are these women so complicit in their own disrespect?

7 minutes ago, nexxie said:

These women are such dumbshits for staying with their asshole men - Dolores isn’t even married to her idiot ex and still lets him live in her home. Let’s just call this The Pathetic Old-School Housewives of New Jersey.

Most of Team Old Fashioned Values has by many measures objectively terrible marriages. I'm excluding Jennifer because I haven't seen nearly enough of them together to make a conclusion. Teresa's husband constantly disrespects her on national television and got her sent to prison. Dolores ex-husband cheated on her endlessly. If they're trying to win us over to the merits of old-fashioned values, they are doing a piss poor job.

The best thing about Jennifer is that she doesn't pretend to not knows the English wordes like Peggy Sulahian, who was Armenian, but had been raised in America from the age of one and had an English degree from UCLA.

Dolores' work with this charity comes across as insincere and exploitative. That said, baby Joseph is adorable. I'd happily replace every other Joe on the show with him.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Ummmmmm, I'm left to believe that Melda's marriage to Jennifer's brother is a very cynical arrangement. Melda is gorgeous; she wouldn't be marrying Jennifer's doughy silent 40-something lump of a brother if she were an American citizen.

Most of Team Old Fashioned Values has by many measures objectively terrible marriages. I'm excluding Jennifer because I haven't seen nearly enough of them together to make a conclusion. Teresa's husband constantly disrespects her on national television and got her sent to prison. Dolores ex-husband cheated on her endlessly. If they're trying to win us over to the merits of old-fashioned values, they are doing a piss poor job.

The best thing about Jennifer is that she doesn't pretend to not knows the English wordes like Peggy Sulahian, who was Armenian, but had been raised in America from the age of one and had an English degree from UCLA.

Dolores' work with this charity comes across as insincere and exploitative. That said, baby Joseph is adorable. I'd happily replace every other Joe on the show with him.

I need to know more about Jennifer's brother. He is 40?  And in all of his time he (or his family, or the bride's family) hasn't come across a woman (in 2 countries) who would make a potential mate ? There are Turkish-American women in the US whose family might follow the same traditions when it comes to marriage. Just what has the man been doing for at least the past 20 years ? He should have a couple of "the one who got away" scenarios.

I have heard of the process of what Jennifer is describing. Yes, in some cultures or circles the family approves of the impending marriage (Bates/Duggar family), after nature has taken his course . I have a coworker who described what his family does (he was going to similar event as Jennifer held out of the US). In both of these examples, the couple-to-be is much younger. My coworker did make a comment that his family wanted the the groom-to-be to finish his masters degree in engineering, though.

RE: Delores event - I didn't care for it. Sorry. It was too show-offy and I didn't see services that I think would be helpful - like beauticians/barber svcs, dental, health screenings, job/career assist, clothes for job interview, svcs for children , public transit cards, etc. Being just to be able to get a good hair wash/shampoo is something many  homeless don't have access to. Did that goodie bag Marge sponsored have feminine products ? I found it ironic that the baby that was passed around name was "Joe".

Edited by sATL
  • Love 14
55 minutes ago, sATL said:

I need to know more about Jennifer's brother. He is 40

I’m fairly certain Jennifer said that he is 45. Soooo 5 extra years on earth to find a lady in the States. I don’t know if I feel worse for him or Melda.

• Love 4

I'm definitely not liking Jackie anymore.  She is reminding me of Gina on RHOC - newbie coming in hot and making a storyline out of antagonizing a 'fan favorite'.  Thirsty thirsty thirsty.  Though I do enjoy it when anyone calls Teresa out on her BS, this is just pathetic.

There seems to be hope for Frankie Jr.  I liked the way he stuck up for his mom.  Just lay off the roids and weights kid or you'll look like your scary dad.

• Love 9

Like, am I supposed to sympathize with Delores because Frank Sr doesn’t cater to her every demand and doesn’t “tell her first” when he has news? Bitch, he is your EX-husband. Get over it and move on. Such a weird, unhealthy dynamic those two have. 

Yeah Melda and Jennifer’s brother are a bizarre match. I feel like she could have found somebody better to help her get a green card—-whoops I mean “find true love and marry.” Was cracking up when Jennifer referred to their relationship as “young love.” I don’t think it counts as young when one of the parties is in his mid 40s.

mmmm Jackie really splurged on that drop of skim milk in her iced coffee. How decadent! I still like her, but I sense that she still has issues with food. Those problems don’t just go away completely.

8 hours ago, sATL said:

Tre' trainer "lives too far away"... yeah - she dumped her as a client...

Is that actually true or are you just speculating? 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

speculating... Tre and the 1st trainer were all buddy-buddy until they kinda laid down the law the last meeting. Sure, its possible that the 1st trainer moved futher away, but I would think (hope) most trainers would want to finish with their client who they are working with for a very specific event.

Frank Sr has been into body building for 20+yrs and had a gym for while now, and all of a sudden he is working with Tre.

• Love 2

Just need to share that I found Delores’ whole Lady Bountiful act gag inducing. She really  seemed to enjoy prancing around the event a little too much, pointing  out “this one” and and “that one” as props in her personal pantomime of “See How Generous and humble I Am.” As others have posted, there was nothing particularly useful or helpful in any meaningful way about the services or goodie bags provided. The whole event was just one long hand job for Delores’ ego. 🤮

As for Joe Gorga, methinks he is just a lithe bit jealous of Melissa’s business success. Remind me again who had to sell his restaurant because of a “dispute” with his business partner? Loser.

And Nonno certainly came off as s randy old goat this episode. He may be a pain to have around the house, but Theresa needs to stop complaining as if he some added burden to to her schtick of “Working Single Mom Of 4” He helps her cook and is there to drive the girls around so she can hang out with friend at home. 

Jackie lost me when she caved in to Theresa. Jackie is no tough girl. She tried to play one on TV but gave up after 30 minutes. 🙄

Forgot to add that Jennifer’s new SiL is no mail order bride - in that she didn’t actually arrive in the mail. ;-) But otherwise that marriage is totally transactional.  They should have tried for a spot on 90- Day Fiance. Something  must be really wrong with the  brother to have to resort to importing a bride from the old country. In a “traditional  values” culture, any man with a stable job should be able to find a wife  by 45. 

I don’t think Marge’s comment was egregious. Seems pretty accurate, actually. And she said it in “private” Theresa has to run back to Jennifer as fast as she could (Thanks cardio!) to blab to her. It’s not like Marge was running her mouth like that at the wedding...or ya know...disparaging her hostess in her in own home to her own face.

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Shut up Joey.  Mel most probably makes more money from this show than you do in your business.  Mel has more going on than 'just' a boutique. 

I think that's WHY he feels the need to denigrate her. His manhood is threatened by his wife out-earning him. Even though he "works. so. hard." 

1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

I'm definitely not liking Jackie anymore.  She is reminding me of Gina on RHOC - newbie coming in hot and making a storyline out of antagonizing a 'fan favorite'.  Thirsty thirsty thirsty.  Though I do enjoy it when anyone calls Teresa out on her BS, this is just pathetic.

I liked Jackie a lot at first, but now I'm almost where you're at. Very wary. And I loved Gina at first too. So this is an apt comparison for me. Just trying too hard. It doesn't feel authentic if you're just coming for someone every 5 minutes. It feels more deliberate, an attempt to keep that spot on the show. 

13 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I have to say, I love how Tre handled the boy who had chips for breakfast. When he said he had chips, Tre had her mother voice on “why did you have chips for breakfast”?  Kid said something like it’s all we had and Tre didn’t skip a beat, grabbed his hand and walked him to the buffet saying “let’s get you something to eat”. 

I have to say it, I really really liked Tre in this episode. And the brought him some cookies later. There was just true compassion coming from her; it wasn't showy at all. She was kind without being condescending. As much as she hasn't squashed SOME bad habits, I do think her time locked up changed her in some ways. 

• Love 16
10 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Jennifer is too much. Let it go already. Even her husband didn't have a problem with the article. She's gonna drag this shit out all season

I've got some advice for Frankie - just look at everything your dad ever did. And do the opposite. 

Frank Sr. Is just so gross to me. Could he not use the word "gluts", or even "rear" when training Tre?

Joe is another piece of work. Gorga that is. It was revolting how he was belittling Melissa's store and her earnings, and basically discouraging his daughter from doing something she's expressed internet in. I hope his kids are all starving artists and can't support him when his back breaks and he loses all of his businesses.

I again am left with a slightly uncomfortable feeling in regards to Dolores and her charity. It just seems a bit self serving. I'm not saying none of these women truly care, but there was a lot of promotion going on. 

And....was it not too fancy? I'd have felt uncomfortable showing up to that event in my jeans or sweats.

YES!!

The charity set up was WAY too fancy, and the HoWives were overdressed, imo. I think a more casual atmosphere would have made the ladies more comfortable. Kadooz to Melissa for donating something the women can actually use (toiletries). I also loved her offering to watch the baby so his mother could relax and get pampered. I didn't like how Delores was speaking to the women, telling them they have to put things behind them and move on, as if it's that easy. Does she not realize that offering them jobs at the gym or setting up an interview table with local businesses would benefit these women more than a manicure? Obviously not. 

• Love 23
11 hours ago, ghoulina said:

He is disgusting and Delores is sad for putting up with him. In fact, all the men on this show are neandrathals.  That includes the classy turkish plastic surgeon and Marge's Joe who is too lazy to finish his own remodel. How many times do we have to look at that unfinished house? All the story lines are boring and the husbands, boyfriends, ex's, brothers all have too much screen time. 

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

Just need to share that I found Delores’ whole Lady Bountiful act gag inducing. She really  seemed to enjoy prancing around the event a little too much, pointing  out “this one” and and “that one” as props in her personal pantomime of “See How Generous and humble I Am.” As others have posted, there was nothing particularly useful or helpful in any meaningful way about the services or goodie bags provided. The whole event was just one long hand job for Delores’ ego. 🤮

5 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Kadooz to Melissa for donating something the women can actually use (toiletries). I also loved her offering to watch the baby so his mother could relax and get pampered

I think Delores may has had good intentions, but if she had really been volunteering that much, surely she would have understood that her event could have been less “fancy” (although it was beautiful) and would make the guests feel out of place. 

I think the gift bags were nice and would be something special for the women to have. However, most of the women ignored them and made a beeline for the tolletries that MElissa brought - much more practical and served more immediate needs.

I wonder how Jennifer would have interacted with these women who are struggling with the basic things in life. I can imagine her saying - “Oh, you got an apartment with a bathroom? I have 16 bathrooms, thrones that aren’t in the bathroom and the best view of the sunset in Paramus”

The real housewives are not trained therapists, nor (as far as I know) have been in the position that these women in. Giving them “advice” like Marge did is really misguided.

16 minutes ago, ghoulina said:
9 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I think that's WHY he feels the need to denigrate her. His manhood is threatened by his wife out-earning him. Even though he "works. so. hard." 

I totally agree with this.  He’s an ass. If he treats Melissa like this in front of their kids and in front of the cameras, then how is he treating her when the cameras aren’t around? Never been a huge fan of Melissa, but I’m really liking her this season and I hope she puts Joe in his place by leaving or laying down the law.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Marley said:

I’m over Jackie now. I was kind of liking her but she just seems annoying now. Kind of gives off an I’m better then you vibe. She also just wants a storyline.

Jennifer is another annoying one. Shut up about Turkey. Your brothers new marriage is a joke. His future wife just wants to move to America. Her brother seems like a real dud. Not judging looks but he seems boring and no personality. I know we have only seen him for a bit on the show but that’s the vibe I get from him.

Enough with the old school traditions. You 3 are a joke. 

Yes.  Jennifer acts like no one has ever married an American just to get to America.  It's not romantic or fun.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, sATL said:

I need to know more about Jennifer's brother. He is 40?  And in all of his time he (or his family, or the bride's family) hasn't come across a woman (in 2 countries) who would make a potential mate ? There are Turkish-American women in the US whose family might follow the same traditions when it comes to marriage. Just what has the man been doing for at least the past 20 years ? He should have a couple of "the one who got away" scenarios.

I have heard of the process of what Jennifer is describing. Yes, in some cultures or circles the family approves of the impending marriage (Bates/Duggar family), after nature has taken his course . I have a coworker who described what his family does (he was going to similar event as Jennifer held out of the US). In both of these examples, the couple-to-be is much younger. My coworker did make a comment that his family wanted the the groom-to-be to finish his masters degree in engineering, though.

RE: Delores event - I didn't care for it. Sorry. It was too show-offy and I didn't see services that I think would be helpful - like beauticians/barber svcs, dental, health screenings, job/career assist, clothes for job interview, svcs for children , public transit cards, etc. Being just to be able to get a good hair wash/shampoo is something many  homeless don't have access to. Did that goodie bag Marge sponsored have feminine products ? I found it ironic that the baby that was passed around name was "Joe".

Lol! Same thing all American bachelors are doing till they're fat and 50.

tenor.gif?itemid=9969656

49 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Like, am I supposed to sympathize with Delores because Frank Sr doesn’t cater to her every demand and doesn’t “tell her first” when he has news? Bitch, he is your EX-husband. Get over it and move on. Such a weird, unhealthy dynamic those two have. 

Yeah Melda and Jennifer’s brother are a bizarre match. I feel like she could have found somebody better to help her get a green card—-whoops I mean “find true love and marry.” Was cracking up when Jennifer referred to their relationship as “young love.” I don’t think it counts as young when one of the parties is in his mid 40s.

mmmm Jackie really splurged on that drop of skim milk in her iced coffee. How decadent! I still like her, but I sense that she still has issues with food. Those problems don’t just go away completely.

Listen when she said she draws the line at not being consulted in this "partnership" they have I thought first things first.  Girl ain't no room left on that piece of paper you been done drawn lines on during this relationship and second:  then quit.   She said she has a real estate license.  Sell houses that have nothing to do with Frank.

I forgot to quote somebody above who said referenced this as well (that this probably wouldn't be a prospect she'd consider if she were an American citizen).  I respectfully disagree.   The cache for her isn't going to America, she doesn't know anyone there except her future in laws.  If that were the hook, she would've jumped on being interested in this guy 6 years ago when she and Jennifer first met.   I gotta guess about her age because I don't remember but let's call her early to at most mid thirties.   She wants a family.   She wants to be a traditional Turkish wife to a traditional Turkish husband.   While I'm being ornery, I'm also gonna disagree with you @HunterHunted, I don't think she's gorgeous.  Even so, I do think she's still out of Jen's brother's league and she has a genuinely pleasing personality.   Say all that to say the citizenship isn't even a bonus, she's leaving her whole family in Turkey.  She's 30+ wants kids and the men she's met so far at home aren't fitting the bill.   Remember that when Jen tells this story, Melda asked her how her brother was doing out of the blue, it wasn't the other way around.   

If I had Marge's marital backdrop, I'd probably stfu clowning other people about their paths to wifedom.  

Bill is my new spirit animal for telling his wife Jackie made valid points in the article.   Jennifer made me retrospectively giggle a little with her "I want you to spend time with the children while I'm gone" - the next scene where she arrives in Turkey and one of her cousins is like you came a long way for 2 days.  I said bish what?? Lol!  I liked that she seems to genuinely adore her future sister in law "unlike so many families in Jersey" 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I have to say, I love how Tre handled the boy who had chips for breakfast. When he said he had chips, Tre had her mother voice on “why did you have chips for breakfast”?  Kid said something like it’s all we had and Tre didn’t skip a beat, grabbed his hand and walked him to the buffet saying “let’s get you something to eat”. 

This will sound weird but I hated this moment.  You know when you can see a collision coming because you're behind it in traffic?  This.   I didn't notice that kid from previous episodes but apparently he and Dolores have a rapport.  Then they played the clip where his grandmother is describing why he's got to live with somebody new virtually every week because she hasn't been permanently placed for housing yet.  Before you even consider the economic circumstances that would make a grandparent financially responsible for their grandchild, listen to the conversation you're having with him.   

Dolores:  what'd you have for breakfast this morning?

Baby:  Chips.  

Me to the tv:  pleasepleasepleasestop

Ya'll.  That this shit continued?  If you're listening, to what this homeless child just said, this is where the conversation is over.  Then you take him to get something to eat.   

Dolores says something like well that's not good for you.  Teresa says something like why'd you have potato chips?  I was rocking in my bed by this point.  I just wanted it to stop.  Please don't make this child tell ya'll (as matter of factly as he did) that potato chips was the only edible thing available.    I wasn't annoyed that they'd take it for granted that he ate (I was but it's not intentional), but it should've occurred to them before he had to say that having food options is a privilege.   That probably colored the rest of my impressions about all of their good deed-edness for the day.  I don't know that she hasn't done this but Dolores could have asked the shelter's Residential Director where/what their area of most need was and allocated the funds there.  Or with all the housewife contacts, had a fundraiser.   I don't know if they're even allowed to do it and I get what she was going for.  Without money to spend on necessities you won't spend on nonessentials so just the gesture of wanting to make a woman feel like her former self is sweet.  I get that.

Favorite moments:

The Tree/Jackie sit down  

Jackie:  You're a very strong woman, so what I was saying was if it were possible to control someone else, you of all people would've been able to prevent him winding up where he is.  

Tre:  It didn't come off that way (even though that's exactly what the fuck she said the first time).   She also said this was strike 2 for Jackie.  More words please?  Why is an apology/reconciliation attempt a(nother) strike?

Tre/Dolores/Jen sit down

Tre:  (about the engagement) it sounds like it's so much arranged

Jen:  It's not arranged, it's more like setting up, but as in for marriage

tenor.gif?itemid=4728060

Frank/Dolores/Frankie

Frankie: I wanna do this, like learn how to flip houses and stuff

Frank: don't do it the way I did, spending money on boats and whooers

Frankie: how did you feel knowing mommy always put you first?  

Dolores: yeah Frank, were you having fun riding up and down the river with whooers hanging off the side of the boat while I was raising your children? 

Dolores' TH:  we fight like an old married couple

Me and (whatever Dolores' boyfriend's name is)

giphy.gif

• Love 14
31 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Was it weird when Melissa asked the baby his name? He certainly didn't look old enough to be able to articulate something as complex as "Joseph" or was it some weird strategy to engage Joseph's mom. I found it a little strange.

I found it strange the the mom (who had her share of troubles) would hand off the baby to Melissa, who she JUST met. Then wasn't it Tre who was feeding the baby later? Call me a little old fashioned but I would want to keep my babies in eye sight - esp while being at a function where the only I person I knew there was the organizer and maybe another person, whose plight was the same (or worse) than mine. My protective claws would be out and very sharp.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Ummmmmm, I'm left to believe that Melda's marriage to Jennifer's brother is a very cynical arrangement. Melda is gorgeous; she wouldn't be marrying Jennifer's doughy silent 40-somenthing lump of a brother if she were an American citizen.

5 hours ago, sATL said:

Something's fishy....

The brother has access to sparkling rocks and no one has bit. He comes with a plastic surgeon brother in law... Cha-ching! On top of that, have we not heard enough, they are a traditional old school family? Come on what's not to love!

Aside from him looking like Shrek and her supposed beauty  what's the real issue with him and for that matter the bride?

What's wrong? Her sheets won't be red the day after the wedding? There was a speck of blood in the egg that was cracked to foretell the bride's future? The number of goats paid finally hit the right number? What?

We're allowed to speculate since they in a very snobbish manner go on and on about "traditional old school values" hitting us over the head with that stick every episode.

My thoughts... I agree with the poster that said a mail order bride in search of a green card. I'd also add, not able to find a female here subservient enough for the family nor one willing to put up with the family O.S. bullshit plus Bubba isn't really all that even with a giant diamond  cross to offer as a choke collar.

Edited by Giselle
Still rocking that editing super power!
  • Love 11

Old School Values = putting your head in the sand, sweeping problems under the rug, and never talk about anything important.  Oh but family!

Can we all spell Dolores name correct?  Just a nit pick but its not spelled Delores.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, MV713 said:

Old School Values = putting your head in the sand, sweeping problems under the rug, and never talk about anything important.  Oh but family!

Can we all spell Dolores name correct?  Just a nit pick but its not spelled Delores.

Agreed onOSV, but....I prefer to spell her name as Nosey Shit-stirring Bitch.

• Love 22

Say what you want about Margaret but she has a huge heart. She was extremely emotional at Delores’ event, and obviously cares a lot about children, and those less fortunate than her. Teresa also has a soft spot for kids- a mother’s heart! 

The scenes in Turkey were interesting but Jennifer is not..... 

Melissa’s daughter is a mini me of her- minus the nose job. Wonder at what age they will allow their daughter to get one? I think she’s a cutie the way she is. 

• Love 13

Jennifer and her Chanel addiction is so over-the-top and annoying - it was straight up embarrassing to see her running around the engagement event like it was HER party. Flaunting her ugly ass Chanel earrings/wrist cuffs (who even wears wrist cuffs) and acting like the belle of the ball. Also creepy for her to run over to Melda and her brother and say "HOW ABOUT A BABY SOON HUH?" and to force her brother to say "I can't touch her until the wedding." You could see the fear in Melda's eyes as she realized what this arranged marriage would mean she has to endure on her wedding night. *Shiver*

• Love 19

These Housewife/ Shahs homeless trips bug the shit out of me and piss me off.

If Bravo is going to exploit these people, which is what they are doing just for a story line, they should be coughing up some major bucks to these particular shelters and families. Bravo is rich enough to do that.

I still don't like that they use these vulnerable people.

• Love 24
14 minutes ago, kelseykixx said:

Jennifer and her Chanel addiction is so over-the-top and annoying - it was straight up embarrassing to see her running around the engagement event like it was HER party. Flaunting her ugly ass Chanel earrings/wrist cuffs (who even wears wrist cuffs) and acting like the belle of the ball. Also creepy for her to run over to Melda and her brother and say "HOW ABOUT A BABY SOON HUH?" and to force her brother to say "I can't touch her until the wedding." You could see the fear in Melda's eyes as she realized what this arranged marriage would mean she has to endure on her wedding night. *Shiver*

Not only what she'll have to endure on her wedding night but also that she will always have to deal with Princess Jennifer who will run things. 

Which is why I stand by my earlier statement above.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Was it weird when Melissa asked the baby his name? He certainly didn't look old enough to be able to articulate something as complex as "Joseph" or was it some weird strategy to engage Joseph's mom. I found it a little strange.

Nah, not strange. It's like grampa reading the sports page or the racing form to his infant grandkid.  The kid doesn't know what the hell he's saying just that grampa is interacting and smiling at them. Grampa isn't expecting an answer nor betting advice and he's smiling because his team won and he's cultivating a new fan for his team before the father gets a crack at them. 

I ask dogs their name while giving them a part or a scratch after I've asked the owners permission to engage. I don't expect them to answer.

But seriously I think Melissa was just trying to make a nice connection with the mom.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 21

Melda seemed happy to see Jennifer's brother when they picked him up from the airport. I think the arrangement is kind of odd myself (and I definitely rolled my eyes at the "old school values" scene with Jennifer, Tre, and Dolores), but I don't see it as the nightmare scenario many are imagining. Maybe Jennifer's brother is just shy? There are plenty of adults who have never been married. 

• Love 5

I didn't think Jackie backed down to Teresa. I think that she realized that Teresa was hurt by what she said (even though I think that Jackie's overall point was fine) and so, like an adult, she apologized for causing Teresa hurt, while also stating that wasn't her intention.  But she also made it clear that she wouldn't be talked to like that. Overall, I thought it was a good moment for both women.

These women talking about "old-fashioned" or "traditional Italian American" values drive me crazy because it is an incredibly antiquated view, even of traditional Italian American families. My mother grew up in a "traditional Italian American family" (though not so traditional that they discouraged my mother from getting an education - my grandfather actively encouraged my mom to go to college). But she raised me (and my brothers, I'm the only girl) to be independent and to respect women's choices.  Most of these women are either my age or younger, and they act like no Italian American woman has ever heard of feminism, and I'm here to tell you that isn't the case.  For whatever her faults, I appreciate Melissa standing up to her husband and asserting her autonomy, especially in front of their daughter.

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 16
15 hours ago, rideashire said:

Joe really has zero respect for his wife. Here's hoping his daughter uses that as an example of what not to look for in a man when she grows up.

Having old school values I think Joe should attempt to read and have it explained to him Proverbs 31:10-31. Maybe he would have more respect for what Melissa does for the family and how good he's got it.

• Love 2

Meanwhile, Delores is calling homeless people "this one and that one."

This is actually just some weird colloquialism that I hear all the time. Not sure if it's a North Jersey/NY thing or what but it's so common that I doubt she was being flippant or exploitative or dehumanizing or whatever by using it. What I did wonder about, though, is how she spilled the women's back stories as she introduced them to her own friends. That seemed a bit unnecessary to me, though I suppose it could have been agreed upon by the women beforehand.   

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I didn't think Jackie backed down to Teresa. I think that she realized that Teresa was hurt by what she said (even though I think that Jackie's overall point was fine) and so, like an adult, she apologized for causing Teresa hurt, while also stating that wasn't her intention.  But she also made it clear that she wouldn't be talked to like that. Overall, I thought it was a good moment for both women.

These women talking about "old-fashioned" or "traditional Italian American" values drive me crazy because it is an incredibly antiquated view, even of traditional Italian American families. My mother grew up in a "traditional Italian American family" (though not so traditional that they discouraged my mother from getting an education - my grandfather actively encouraged my mom to go to college). But she raised me (and my brothers, I'm the only girl) to be independent and to respect women's choices.  Most of these women are either my age or younger, and they act like no Italian American woman has ever heard of feminism, and I'm here to tell you that isn't the case.  For whatever her faults, I appreciate Melissa standing up to her husband and asserting her autonomy, especially in front of their daughter.

Exactly how I heard it too.  It even looked as though, without a crowd to amp her up and with just her and one other person, using their inside voices, Tre comes really close to being rational.  I mean then she'll say something loopy af to let you know she's still in there but she's not this screaming, spittle faced, lunatic we see when more than 2 people are present.  It's nice. lol. 

Yeah, I liked when she got him together for his comments.  He's not used to saying I'm sorry for hurting your feelings to his wife, huh?  It made wonder whether or not either of them went to college for their kids futures not to really include it as a probability.   Who knows, maybe they're slushy enough that generational wealth will be no problem and if so, mazel, but for most parents, is it me, doesn't a hypothetical talk about future normally include the assumption of school? 

p.s. if you're near the NYC area and all caught up on your dental plan deductibles, that sugar factory experience is kinda cute.  It's no giant pretzel on a coat hanger but the kids would love it.  

5 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Exactly how I heard it too.  It even looked as though, without a crowd to amp her up and with just her and one other person, using their inside voices, Tre comes really close to being rational.  I mean then she'll say something loopy af to let you know she's still in there but she's not this screaming, spittle faced, lunatic we see when more than 2 people are present.  It's nice. lol. 

Yeah, I liked when she got him together for his comments.  He's not used to saying I'm sorry for hurting your feelings to his wife, huh?  It made wonder whether or not either of them went to college for their kids futures not to really include it as a probability.   Who knows, maybe they're slushy enough that generational wealth will be no problem and if so, mazel, but for most parents, is it me, doesn't a hypothetical talk about future normally include the assumption of school? 

p.s. if you're near the NYC area and all caught up on your dental plan deductibles, that sugar factory experience is kinda cute.  It's no giant pretzel on a coat hanger but the kids would love it.  

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I'm in Boston, though it sounds like I have to check it out for my next trip to NYC. 

Good point re college. I mean, there is a lot of money in the trades, especially as a whole generation is retiring but the fact is that if he wants his daughter to take over the business, that's should mean having some exposure to running a business - and that often means not only a bachelor's degree but also an MBA or some sort of business degree. Heck, she should have that in running a retail business, too.  No doubt they're making a lot of money just by being on the show, but they should be at least talking with their kids about getting a college degree.

• Love 4