Type keyword(s) to search

QB1: Beyond the Lights - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So far, I'm enjoying S2 more than S1, mostly because the level of spoiled obnoxious brats has dropped significantly. Either the three kids featured this season are nicer people or they're much better at hiding their real personalities. Either way, the show is much more pleasant now that I don't spend half my time rolling my eyes at Tate being a prima donna.

• Love 1

I'm about halfway through S3 and it's a mixed bag. It seems really weird and inappropriate that two of the players featured this season have their fathers as coaches for their football teams.

I don't know a lot about coach/player interactions, but it seems ridiculous that two of these QBs are basically dictating to their coaches which plays they want to run.

• Love 1

I like that they spent one whole episode on all three homecoming weeks. It was nice to see everyone celebrating and having a good time and doing non-football things. Interesting that the kid from New Orleans said that the football players aren't allowed to run for homecoming court. At my school, everyone was eligible to be nominated for homecoming court but no one was allowed to officially campaign (put up posters, hand out candy, etc).

When Nik said he was planning to ditch a class the next day because he was too hyped up over the game, I just rolled my eyes. My school had a rule that said if you didn't attend four out of six classes the day of an event, you could not participate (this applied to all extracurricular activities, not just sports). Apparently it was to prevent situations like this!

After watching Season 1, it was a kick to see that Tate can't get on the field anywhere. He goes to Ohio State, redshirts, doesn't start, transfers to Miami, STILL doesn't start...he's completed two passes for a total of 2 yards in his Miami career so far. I wonder if his attitude has anything to do with it.