Type keyword(s) to search

The Marvel Cinematic Universe: The Avengers, etc.

vb68
  • Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

hows on right now. The CW ones don't do it for me, and I haven't watched any of them since about season 4 of Arrow. Runaways was pretty good, but more of a teen drama than a superhero show, same with Cloak & Dagger. I couldn't get into Preacher, and I guess that's because stuff I found funny and edgy when I was a teenager doesn't quite resonate the same way now. Agents of SHIELD? Is that still on? I guess so. I'm not sure that even the most avid comic book fans are able to watch every superhero show, and keep track of what's going on.

The season has been cut in half and due for a summer release after Avengers 4. It feels like a  victory lap, we will allow you to wrap the dangling story lines  up move from ABC.

4 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

Both shows were victims of simply not being very good. Iron Fist season 1 was notoriously bad, and I couldn't sit through more than three episodes of it. The second season was apparently better but, with all the content people have to choose from, how many were going to get invested in it?

Luke Cage started off well, but went down the toilet when they replaced the interesting villain with another punchy guy, so he and Luke could fight over their shared daddy issues for half a season. Again, not really invested in watching a second season.

Make good TV, and people watch it, and they talk about it. Daredevil and The Punisher are evidence of this. As was the first season of Jessica Jones. As far as I can tell, all three of those shows were hits, and I would expect them to continue for at least one more season apiece (we know Punisher and Jessica Jones have second and third seasons in the works).

That's how I see it. Seasons 2 of Iron Fist and Luke Cage were both a lot better than the first. But neither came close to being as good as Daredevil either in acting, characters or stories.  I also was a lot more interested in the first Punisher season than either of those show. And while the second season of Jessica Jones wasn't as good as the first I think i enjoyed it more than Luke Cage or Iron Fist, just because of how much I like the characters.

Neither show was terrible, but with so many options for good tv and so many examples of great super hero stories (both in movies and on tv) just good doesn't cut it. Daredevil season 3 has been out for less than a week and i am already as far along as I am on IF season 2 that has been out for nearly 2 months.

• Love 3
On 10/23/2018 at 6:39 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

That's how I see it. Seasons 2 of Iron Fist and Luke Cage were both a lot better than the first. But neither came close to being as good as Daredevil either in acting, characters or stories.  I also was a lot more interested in the first Punisher season than either of those show. And while the second season of Jessica Jones wasn't as good as the first I think i enjoyed it more than Luke Cage or Iron Fist, just because of how much I like the characters.

Neither show was terrible, but with so many options for good tv and so many examples of great super hero stories (both in movies and on tv) just good doesn't cut it. Daredevil season 3 has been out for less than a week and i am already as far along as I am on IF season 2 that has been out for nearly 2 months.

People have pointed out that most of the occupations like Matt Murdock being an attorney and Jessica Jones a detective easily lend themselves to interesting individual cases in each episode. Instead the producers of each show choose to go for the season long story arcs that feel stretched out over 13 episodes and full of filler. It's nuts!

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Wynterwolf said:

Apparently that second movie in 2020 is likely The Eternals, not Dr. Strange 2.

It will be a bit curious if Doctor Strange is the only official MCU film (Inhumans premiered as a film, but it's not officially in the film side) to not get a sequel. The character is a lot more enjoyable in films where his name isn't in the title. He was fun in Ragnarok and enjoyable in Infinity War, but insufferable in Doctor Strange. If Marvel ever manages to negotiate with Universal for the film rights to Namor, they might be able to make an old school Defenders movie.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

If Marvel ever manages to negotiate with Universal for the film rights to Namor, they might be able to make an old school Defenders movie.

From this tweet:

Edited by Wynterwolf
  • Love 1

If Namor is actually in the cards for the nearish future, let me reiterate that I want Lewis Tan (in general, yes), but specifically for Namor. Yes, Tan previously appeared in Iron Fist as another character, but this wouldn't be the first time an actor has played different characters in the MCU. Laura Haddock has done it; so has Enver Gjokaj, Tony Curran, and Alfre Woodard. Bizarrely, somehow Martin Starr got to play Mr. Harrington in Homecoming AND Amadeus Cho in the Incredible Hulk. So in conclusion, pick Lewis Tan. He's in shape, foine as fuck, and has actual fight and martial arts training.

• Love 4

What Will 'Avengers 4' Be Called?

As anticipation grows for the fourth Avengers movie, so does speculation about the movie’s title, which remains under wraps with just over six months to go until release. By this point in its release cycle, even Star Wars: The Last Jedi’s title was known — that got revealed 11 months out — and the lack of knowledge is making fandom both excited and frustrated.

It’s almost guaranteed that the movie’s title will feature or adapt a comic book series, following in the pattern established by earlier movies in the series — The Avengers, Age of Ultron and [The] Infinity War were all comic books before they were movies, even if the storylines don’t match entirely. But with more than half a century’s worth of comic books to choose from, which titles are most likely for Marvel Studios and Joe and Anthony Russo to choose from?

Edited by Dee
10 hours ago, JessePinkman said:

So she could be any female character not played by someone else between the ages of 15-30. That only leaves...thousands of characters up for grabs!

I actually hope she is playing Kate Bishop. I know basically nothing about the character but people seem to like her so eh...go for it.

Funny thing, my first thought was late addition to include X-Men/FF characters to Avengers 4 as a teaser for their Homecoming :-)

Spoiler

If we're getting an older Cassie Lang in Avengers 4 (potentially to set up a Young Avengers team?), perhaps Katherine could be Hawkeye's daughter from AoU also older? IMDB tells me her name is Lila. I could see Marvel using her as a Kate Bishop type character. Admittedly, I know nothing about Kate Bishop expect that she takes the Hawkeye mantle from Clint, but it seems he could train his daughter in archery.

8 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:
  Hide contents

If we're getting an older Cassie Lang in Avengers 4 (potentially to set up a Young Avengers team?), perhaps Katherine could be Hawkeye's daughter from AoU also older? IMDB tells me her name is Lila. I could see Marvel using her as a Kate Bishop type character. Admittedly, I know nothing about Kate Bishop expect that she takes the Hawkeye mantle from Clint, but it seems he could train his daughter in archery.

Ah, that's an interesting idea.  She could be the only one of his kids that is left after the snap (which... I saw someone speculating that it could just be voice work since this is so late in the process, so it could be a phone conversation, either live or like Zemo's message from his wife, and she never appears on screen).  And then they could still have someone else as Kate Bishop in the potential streaming series/movie.

ETA: Rumor is that she might be Tony and Pepper's grown child from 20 years in the future of the timeline after the snap. 

Edited by Wynterwolf
  • Love 1

ETA: Rumor is that she might be Tony and Pepper's grown child from 20 years in the future of the timeline after the snap.

I saw someone speculating about that on Twitter too. That would really be a gut punch that for Tony to reverse everything his daughter has to be wiped from existence.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 1

Losing their daughter to reset the world would be heartbreaking for Tony and Pepper, but I have always expected that a time reset is the only way to go. It would make them focus on having a family though.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Wynterwolf said:

Which really, was the biggest no-brainer out there for the streaming service.  

I literally just came here to post this.  I would absolutely sign up to watch this if we get Mackie and Stan. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Hehehe, that's going to be so much fun....or make me cry buckets for what we've lost.

Yeah, exactly!  However A4 turns out is going to have a BIG impact on how I engage with this.  

• Love 5
On 28/10/2018 at 11:44 PM, JessePinkman said:

I actually hope she is playing Kate Bishop. I know basically nothing about the character but people seem to like her so eh...go for it.

Kate Bishop would be cool. I only know her from the Hawkeye My life as a weapon tpb that I read a little while ago on my kindle but it was good. Plus adding as second Hawkeye might give Clint Barton a bit of a personality.

15 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Losing their daughter to reset the world would be heartbreaking for Tony and Pepper, but I have always expected that a time reset is the only way to go. It would make them focus on having a family though.

That would be brutal. Although I am not sure i zee Tony ever really giving up after the snap and settling down to have a family. AlsoI if she is a grown adult daughter then man how long did it take for Captain Marvel to respond to that page?

5 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Random is random, but:

image.png.e5df696cec6a849a0dde820ff36bc04f.png

"Do not fear, little human, I will not squash you."

Seriously, I didn't fully realize how tall Shaq is before this.

My 2 younger brothers are 6 feet and 6 inches tall each. One of them met the wrestler The Big Show, who is an inch shorter than Shaq. My brother described him as the biggest human he'd ever seen. The Big Show was eating a pint of Ben & Jerry's that looked like a shot glass in his hands. I was shoe shopping with the other brother; he wears a size 17. The store had a pair of Shaq's basketball shoes in his actual size, 22. My brother asked to put them on, which they let him do. He looked like a little kid wearing his dad's shoes. Shaq is an enormous human being.

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, ChromaKelly said:

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for this.

18 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

I'm SO happy for them! Their chemistry is AMAZING!

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, JessePinkman said:

Vision Rumored to Appear in 'Scarlet Witch' TV Show

This whole initiative is really smart of them. I don't think these characters could carry a movie on their own but they will drive millions to Disney's new streaming service. And if they're giving these series movie budgets they won't have to compromise the world these characters live in or how their powers are portrayed.

I am LOVING all of this. It's exactly what I've wanted, more side-stories that don't quite fit into the movies and focus on individual or pairings of characters.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, JessePinkman said:

Vision Rumored to Appear in 'Scarlet Witch' TV Show

This whole initiative is really smart of them. I don't think these characters could carry a movie on their own but they will drive millions to Disney's new streaming service. And if they're giving these series movie budgets they won't have to compromise the world these characters live in or how their powers are portrayed.

Just take my damn wallet, Disney.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

Coming soon: Disney Grocery! Disney Health Care! Disney Mortgage! Disney Funeral Home! 

Disney: We will haves all of the monies, please.

Wait until Bob Iger changes his name to Hans Brackhaus...

'Avengers 4' Runtime Is Currently 3 Hours

However Marvel's heroes defeat Thanos in next year's follow-up to Avengers: Infinity War, it's not going to happen quickly. In a recent live-streamed Q&A, director Joe Russo said that Avengers 4 is the longest Marvel Cinematic Universe movie yet — at least as it currently stands.

"The running time on Avengers 4 is currently sitting right at three hours. We'll see if that holds," he said during an Instagram chat to promote his new bar, Duello, in downtown Los Angeles. That runtime is likely to change, however. In response to a question about where the movie is in terms of postproduction, he revealed, "We're about halfway through the editing process. We're really just scratching the surface on our VFX shots. There are more than 3,000 VFX shots in the movie; those require a lot of time and thought and energy and effort, and we're very early in the phase of getting VFX done. We've just started work with Alan Silvestri on the score, and we're still editing picture at this point."

Russo, who's co-directing the feature with brother Anthony, stayed tight-lipped on the title of the movie, trolling fans with two separate fake technical errors that prevented him from revealing it. But he was happy to promise that it would live up to fans' expectations. "Will the stakes be higher in Avengers 4? Absolutely. 100 percent," Russo said. "The highest of any of the films to date, without question."

Edited by Dee