Type keyword(s) to search

The Marvel Cinematic Universe: The Avengers, etc.

vb68
  • Start Topic

If Marvel loves me they'd give me a

Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends movie! LOL

I rather like the idea of the original Avengers characters taking support roles in future Marvel movies (post A4). I'd love to see Cap show up in a Spider-Man or Ant-Man movie.

• Love 7

Possible Reprieve On James Gunn & ‘Guardians’ As Marvel Back Channels With Disney?

Might there be a glimmer of hope for change of heart in the quick banishment of Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn from the Magic Kingdom? Nobody is talking about it, but sources said that back channel conversations are taking place between Marvel Studios and Disney. Sources said the Marvel contingent is trying to persuade Disney to explore a compromise that might bring Gunn back into the fold for Guardians 3, something that clearly would be best for the franchise. There is no clash or strong arming here. I’m told it’s a discussion that comes in the wake of the whole cast declaring their loyalty to Gunn, whose abrupt exit has put a thriving film franchise in a rocky place. One would have to label this 11th hour approach to be a long shot, but the community is talking about it.

3 hours ago, Dee said:

Interesting also read today that they are going to be using his script, which makes sense since I doubt they have time for someone to write a whole new one. I also read today that when they fired him he wasn't in breach of contract so Disney has to buy him out of his contract, which will probably mean a 7 to 10 million dollar pay day (not sure if that is on top of what they paid for the script). So considering they are using his script plus paying him up to 10 million maybe at that point it is easier to just let him direct.

I would also imagine that the longer this issue drags out for the more Disney management looks like idiots, not just to fans but more importantly to shareholders.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, bettername2come said:

Especially if he has a more meaningful role than he had in the first Spider-Man.

Right?  The Queens/Brooklyn banter in CW was adorable, I would love to have gotten even just a little bit more of that...   

• Love 8
2 hours ago, bettername2come said:

Especially if he has a more meaningful role than he had in the first Spider-Man.

I have to admit I loved those little videos. It would be hilarious if Cap showed up for real and helped Spider-Man we could get some excellent snark from the teens.

1 hour ago, Wynterwolf said:

Right?  The Queens/Brooklyn banter in CW was adorable, I would love to have gotten even just a little bit more of that...   

I loved that scene in CW where Cap/Spidey exchange the Queens/Brooklyn line. Just 2 kids from NYC trying to do good.

• Love 6

This article by Mashable is from last November so it doesn't have Black Panther:

A super serious, super scientific ranking of all the shirtless scenes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies

As to why actors are willing to go topless in the MCU, this anecdote told by Thor director Kenneth Branagh  on the Graham Norton show when he hesitantly asked Chris Hemsworth if he would mind taking his shirt off for a scene Hemsworth replied: "Of course I'm going to take my shirt off! I've been training for nine months for this @#$%-ing movie!"

• Love 16
On 8/13/2018 at 6:40 PM, festivus said:

Honestly what I like even better is Chris Evans in those tight t-shirts. I'm only human here.

Yes, the log-ripping should get an honorary mention.
We also need more shirtless Bucky. And how come we've never gotten shirtless Sam Wilson? Or at least some good thigh shots, since Mackie's told us how great they are. IJS...

Edited by ChromaKelly
  • Love 10
46 minutes ago, ChromaKelly said:

And how come we've never gotten shirtless Sam Wilson? Or at least some good thigh shots

31 minutes ago, festivus said:

I want to see Bucky in like a T-shirt with the new metal arm, is that wrong? As cute as goat herder Bucky was, well you know. T-shirts and Levi's and metal arms.....

9 minutes ago, stealinghome said:

Chris Evans in the tank top from CA:TWS, though.

I'll take one of each, please.  

• Love 14

Disney Stands Firm on James Gunn Not Returning to ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’

After a strong push to get James Gunn back as director of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” following his firing from the project, Disney and Marvel are standing by their decision to not reinstate him as helmer for the next installment. The decision came following a meeting between Gunn and studio chairman Alan Horn.

Gunn was let go from the project nearly a month ago when dozens of Gunn’s tweets from nearly a decade ago came to light. The so-called joke tweets, about pedophilia and rape, were recently resurfaced by alt-right agitators. The studio acted quickly to remove Gunn from directing the third installment, believing the comments were unacceptable in the Me Too era and were not in line with Disney’s family-friendly image.

Since then, support for Gunn has been widespread, especially from the “Guardians” cast. Cast members including Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldana asked for Gunn to be reinstated in an open letter.

Gunn and his UTA reps pushed hard for him to be given a second chance, and Horn decided to take a courtesy meeting on Tuesday to clear the air and see if there was a possibility of Gunn returning to the franchise. Though the meeting was described as civil and professional, sources say that Horn stood by his decision to not reinstate Gunn as director.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Bruinsfan said:

Didn't Chris Evans' agent tell him to stop doing shirtless scenes after that Anna Faris movie that he was basically naked for 90% of?

Did his agent want Chris to stop making money?

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

Did his agent want Chris to stop making money?

Well he is at an athlete's retirement age. Meaning there is no Super Soldier Serum and  it will be increasingly difficult  to maintain his past. Sure Hugh Jackman went a decade longer but was it really good for him? 

I'm cool with the ChrisE letting the stunt guys do a bit more of the work now that he's older, but he's also apparently gotten a large tattoo somewhere recently... I'd definitely be interested in seeing that. I wonder if Steve Rogers could even get a tattoo, or if the serum would mess it up somehow.  

• Love 1

I don’t know about never doing shirtless scenes, but I’m pretty sure Chris Evans has said that after that one infamous photo shoot his manager told him never to do anything like that again. But I think it was the, er, tone of the photo shoot that the agent was upset with, not the shirtlessness in and of itself. ;)

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, stealinghome said:

I don’t know about never doing shirtless scenes, but I’m pretty sure Chris Evans has said that after that one infamous photo shoot his manager told him never to do anything like that again. But I think it was the, er, tone of the photo shoot that the agent was upset with, not the shirtlessness in and of itself. ;)

Which photo shoot would this be? Asking for research purposes...

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, Wynterwolf said:

I'm cool with the ChrisE letting the stunt guys do a bit more of the work now that he's older, but he's also apparently gotten a large tattoo somewhere recently... I'd definitely be interested in seeing that. I wonder if Steve Rogers could even get a tattoo, or if the serum would mess it up somehow.  

Ooh Steve Rogers with a tattoo would go along with the whole "I'm a bearded rebel" thing. I'd love to see him suiting up, Tony is nearby also getting ready, catches a glimpse of the tat, says something quippy. OK, I need help.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ChromaKelly said:

a tattoo would go along with the whole "I'm a bearded rebel" thing

**drools**

I think the thing I'm most sad about from IW is that we only had Nomad!Steve for, like, literally 5 minutes of screen time.  

• Love 5

Marvel Ten Year Anniversary IMAX marathon
All the movies are coming back! It's really hard to choose which to go see, but I think I'm going with CA:TFA, CA:TWS, Spiderman: Homecoming (I like it, but that one's mostly for my daughters), maybe Thor: Ragnarok or Black Panther. One of those times I wish I had unlimited funds and no job or responsibilities. I'd just go see them all.

Edited by ChromaKelly
  • Love 2

To be fair, some of the posters and props in the background look to be of the mainstream variety.

I was thinking of a different Flaunt photo shoot, the one with the Rock the Vote insert where he posed wearing a sleeveless vest and long underwear pulled down so low he would have flashed the camera if he'd hiccupped.

Speaking of Chris Evans... I think I have figured out what my dream scenario would be for the ‘who will be the next Cap’ question. 

Since I’m fine with Steve “dying”, but I don’t want him to die, my dream scenario for a cool nod to both Sam!Cap and Bucky!Cap (but without either of them having to ‘carry the mantle after a dead Steve Rogers’), would be if during a long, involved heated battle, while Steve is trying to do something Really Important And Heroic, he either gets overwhelmed and loses the shield or hands off the shield and both Sam and Bucky come to Steve’s aid, sharing the shield, demonstrating awesome teamwork and intuition for each other’s moves (similar to that deleted scene, but much loooonger), protecting Steve while he does his thing that the Whole Battle Depends On.  Steve can even “die” at the end of it, so long as I get my end credit scene with a Retired/Recovering!Steve on Bucky’s goat farm in Wakanda.  And then Bucky can take up his White Wolf duties for Wakanda and Sam can join Nakia in her Wakandan outreach programs and CE is still available for the occasional cameo a la Stan Lee.  And then Captain Marvel can take over the leadership role that Cap played in the MCU as we move into a new phase. 

So what do you say, Russos… you can satisfy your bloodlust, and I can get my still-hopeful ending!

Edited by Wynterwolf
  • Love 5

Speaking of Cap have the Russo bros or anyone said if Thor's new Stormbreaker hammer has the same enchantment as Mjolnir? The thing where you have to be worthy to lift it. Because if not it kind or ruins any possible payoff from one of the better scenes in Age of Ultron if Rocket or Nebula or Hawkeye or somebody can pickup the hammer.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Speaking of Cap have the Russo bros or anyone said if Thor's new Stormbreaker hammer has the same enchantment as Mjolnir? The thing where you have to be worthy to lift it. Because if not it kind or ruins any possible payoff from one of the better scenes in Age of Ultron if Rocket or Nebula or Hawkeye or somebody can pickup the hammer.

Odin placed the enchantment on Mjolnir. He was not around to place one on Stormbreaker. So far no other character has not risen to fulfill that supernatural role Odin had.

• Love 1
On 8/15/2018 at 8:50 PM, Bruinsfan said:

Didn't Chris Evans' agent tell him to stop doing shirtless scenes after that Anna Faris movie that he was basically naked for 90% of?

Oh, so that's the movie I'll be renting tomorrow. 

On 8/16/2018 at 11:39 AM, JessePinkman said:

I'm guessing it's this one. Younger me looked at it...a lot.

On 8/19/2018 at 2:14 PM, scriggle said:

I think it was this photoshoot with the rock climbing. I seem to remember something about CEvans saying they asked him to take off his shirt for the climbing poses and later his agent told him to never do that again.

tumblr_inline_mucoa1pgoY1r6s2pj.gif

Evans' agent is a negator. Those photographers were just doing God's work!

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Dee said:

I know it's for the best, but for the record: FUCK TROLLS. They ruin everything.

Moving on, I finally sucked it up and rewatched IW on Blu-Ray. Is it weird that it got me excited to hear Peter refer to Gamora as "his girl"?

It wasn't like he thought he owned her or anything, but seeing him get so passionate over trying to get her back...woof. And for the record, I don't blame her for messing up the "plan" with his reaction to her death. Anybody would have reacted the same way. Besides, I think Strange had another plan up his sleeve that we won't find out about til thr next movie.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

finally sucked it up and rewatched IW on Blu-Ray. Is it weird that it got me excited to hear Peter refer to Gamora as "his girl"?

Too many similar names. I read this and went why would Spiderman say that? LOL. 

• Love 16
17 hours ago, Dee said:

Great decision by Disney. It is an opportunity to find another filmmaker (Taika Waititi), maybe even remake the Guardians franchise. Feige could conceptualize Thor 4 with Thor, Rabbit and Tree along with Valkyrie, Bruce, Korg, and Meik. Hemsworth's Star Trek role is falling apart so he should have the time. All that is left is Taika Waititi's availability.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Great decision by Disney. It is an opportunity to find another filmmaker (Taika Waititi), maybe even remake the Guardians franchise. Feige could conceptualize Thor 4 with Rabbit and Tree along with Valkyrie, Bruce, Korg, and Meik. Hemsworth's Star Trek role is falling apart so he should have the time. All that is left is Taika Waititi's availability.

Taiki Waititi has met with Marvel for new MCU film.

• Love 6

That always seemed like a foregone conclusion to me.

That said, while I did love Ragnarok, the X-factor that Gunn brought to GotG was the genuine emotional heft that the stories had.  I think that's why I'm the one person who preferred Vol. 2 over the first one, however slightly, because the family themes hit me so hard.  I'm not sure that Waititi can replicate that part.

Although, the Russos made Groot's last word to Rocket "Dad!" so I know Gunn doesn't have exclusive rights to that.

I made myself sad.

• Love 7

Dave Bautista: Fired director James Gunn changed my life

Bautista told The Jonathan Ross Show there is “a bit of an issue” over the possibility of his own return as an actor to the third film.

He said: “I’m not really happy with what they’ve done with James Gunn. I don’t want to go too much into it, I don’t want to make it a political conversation…

“They are putting the movie off, it’s on hold indefinitely… I have an issue, I have a moral and a political issue with what they’ve done.”

The former WWE star added: “I have been very vocal about the way I feel and I’m not afraid to admit the way I feel. That’s the way I feel.

“I love James. James really changed my life so it’s a personal thing too.

“I struggled, I starved for three years, I could barely get a job. There were a few people who believed in me along the way but James was the one who really changed the course of my life.”

Edited by Dee
  • Love 3