Type keyword(s) to search

The Marvel Cinematic Universe: The Avengers, etc.

vb68
  • Start Topic

I don’t want it anymore ~cries heartbreakingly~  

I don’t want them to go, how will I ever go on. My hearts hurts just reading that interview :-( 

And I think that lady that Maria Hill is leaning on is Hawkeye’s wife. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Oh wow, I had no idea she was even in the movie. Thanks!

The Vanity Fair article is basically a Feige interview and a retrospective on the 10 years of the MCU and a little general looking forward to the upcoming announced movies. There are no spoilers in it unless you consider the photos to be spoilers.

• Love 1
Just now, scriggle said:

The Vanity Fair article is basically a Feige interview and a retrospective on the 10 years of the MCU and a little general looking forward to the upcoming announced movies. There are no spoilers in it unless you consider the photos to be spoilers.

I'd be okay with spoilers, just... more worried about tone, maybe?  One thing I like about comic universes is that heroes don't really die.  But the MCU is it's own thing, and endings are hard to do well.  I just need, at lease particular characters, to be able to have an 'after', even if they aren't on screen any more.  

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Wynterwolf said:

I'd be okay with spoilers, just... more worried about tone, maybe?  One thing I like about comic universes is that heroes don't really die.  But the MCU is it's own thing, and endings are hard to do well.  I just need, at lease particular characters, to be able to have an 'after', even if they aren't on screen any more.  

I know what you mean.

There are no specifics in the article. The only part that may give you pause tone-wise (and it's certainly open to interpretation) are the last couple of paragraphs.

• Love 3

Are you going to tell the Hulk that he can't spoil things?

I doubt that it means anything, but it's mildly interesting that those covers put Tony and Sam together and Steve and Rhodey.

7 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Who is the lady Maria Hill is leaning against? Is it Peggy/Hayley Atwell?

I believe that's Hawkeye's wife.

Edit: Didn't realize that there was another page and this had already been answered a half dozen times. lol

Edited by Perfect Xero
4 hours ago, Jazzy24 said:

Mark better stop it. He’s going to end up missing telling things he shouldn’t. 

Mark is going to accidentally post the whole movie on twitter instead of the trailer :) 

I NEED this trailer in my life! I have never simultaneously dreaded and been ready for a movie in my life! Its going to be amazing and I am going to cry. 

• Love 8

Everything about this has moved from fun anticipation to dread anticipation for me.  Including all this dicking around with releasing the trailer.  And with Mark and Elizabeth and a few other starting to make comments, if it's STILL anything more than 3 days away (Dec 1st)... that is just mean.  

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

That is an awesome picture. I want to see all of them plus Cobie, Elizabeth, Hayley, Jaime, Chloe and Ming-Na. Am I missing anyone?

Natalie Portman. They should stand her next to Karen. Also, Jennifer Connelly.

• Love 1

I finished reading the Vanity Fair article and while I'm really hyped up for IW, it made me really sad. I'm not ready to possibly say goodbye to the older MCU characters yet. 

More than that though, I don't want to see anyone die. It's too final.

• Love 5

OK, why is Paltrow on one of the the covers?  Everyone else is a superhero so does this mean she's going to be heading into action?  I doubt it's for marketing purposes because the vast majority of movie goers aren't going to see these movies to see some celebrity who isn't playing a hero/villain.

• Love 4
On 11/27/2017 at 8:55 PM, anna0852 said:

That is an awesome picture. I want to see all of them plus Cobie, Elizabeth, Hayley, Jaime, Chloe and Ming-Na. Am I missing anyone?

On 11/27/2017 at 9:08 PM, Joe said:

Natalie Portman. They should stand her next to Karen. Also, Jennifer Connelly.

On 11/27/2017 at 9:32 PM, anna0852 said:

If we're going to include Natalie, then we need Gwyneth, Emily, Cate, Kat and Marissa.

I was going to say Jennifer Connelly's film isn't canon, but I didn't realize she was the voice of the AI in Homecoming. We're also missing Kristen Ritter, Rosario Dawson, Jessica Henwick, Simone Missick, and Deborah Ann Woll. We're putting Pepper on covers, but female characters with actual superpowers and ninja skills are absent. Technically the boneheads from Inhumans should be there, but that show was a disaster and a waste.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

OK, why is Paltrow on one of the the covers?  Everyone else is a superhero so does this mean she's going to be heading into action?  I doubt it's for marketing purposes because the vast majority of movie goers aren't going to see these movies to see some celebrity who isn't playing a hero/villain.

She’s really famous? That’s my best guess.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

She does have Extremis, remember she went HAM on Killian. Maybe she becomes Rescue.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I was going to say Jennifer Connelly's film isn't canon, but I didn't realize she was the voice of the AI in Homecoming. 

Her movie is of course canon. Her movie father had a prominent part in Civil War.

2 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Her movie is of course canon. Her movie father had a prominent part in Civil War.

Wrong film. Connelly was Betty Ross in Ang Lee's Hulk. Sam Elliot played Thunderbolt Ross in that one. Liv Tyler played Betty Ross in the Incredible Hulk. William Hurt played Thunderbolt Ross in the Incredible Hulk and other MCU properties.

3 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

She does have Extremis, remember she went HAM on Killian. Maybe she becomes Rescue.

Iron Man 3 concludes with Tony's voice over about removing the Extremis from Pepper's system, removing the shrapnel from his chest, and going back to the drawing board.

On 11/27/2017 at 9:47 AM, Morrigan2575 said:

Who is the lady Maria Hill is leaning against? Is it Peggy/Hayley Atwell?

Nope Laura Barton/Linda Cardellini

Edited by Raja

From the infinity War thread:

I keep on telling myself that Marvel wouldn't have gone through all the hassle of getting the rights to feature Spiderman only to kill him off in his third appearance.

Spoiler

Based on photos from the Avengers4 set, I suspect some time or reality stone shenanigans. I think (hope) that if anyone dies in IW, in true comics fashion they'll be brought back/there'll be some sort of reset in Avengers4.

• Love 4
On 11/28/2017 at 10:47 PM, HunterHunted said:

Iron Man 3 concludes with Tony's voice over about removing the Extremis from Pepper's system, removing the shrapnel from his chest, and going back to the drawing board.

Iron Man 3 is actually a little vague regarding Pepper's powers. At the end Tony said that, "As promised, I got Pepper sorted out. It took some tinkering". That could mean that the Extremis was removed from her system. But it could also mean that Tony figured out how to keep Pepper from blowing up. (Which was probably just Marvel's way of keeping their options open).

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Captain Carrot said:

Iron Man 3 is actually a little vague regarding Pepper's powers. At the end Tony said that, "As promised, I got Pepper sorted out. It took some tinkering".

After Pepper used Extremis on Killian and cooled down a bit, as it were, she asked Tony, "Am I going to be okay?" To which he replies, "Of course not, you're....in a relationship with me." (Which.........aw, Tony.) But I do think he figured out how to keep her from exploding, even if it did contribute to her breaking up with him for a bit.

Also, happy belated birthday to Don Cheadle, who turned 53 yesterday.

I'm going to put this under spoiler tag to err on the side of caution, since one item is a little outside regular PR channels, but...

Spoiler

This link says they are casting for baby twins with the speculation that they could play Wiccan and Speed and would debut into the MCU in A4.  So that, coupled with Scarlet Witch & Vision hooking up, and from my perusing Wikis about the Infinity Stones, isn't one of the things that happens in that storyline is a big terrigen bomb going off, creating a bunch of inhumans? 

But there's (currently) no inhumans in the MCU, and they changed the Maximoff siblings to be technologically enhanced, rather than mutants... so they could also change the terrigen bomb to something else, something like what happened to Peter (or StarLabs exploding, to borrow from the DCEU), to create a bunch of young enhanced characters.  So kind of following what happened on Buffy where originally it was just her, then by the end they had a whole fleet of slayers.  So, the original Avengers could actually afford to 'retire', and we'd have "20 new and different" movies in Phase 4 for the new, younger crop of Avengers-in-training?   I mean who knows, but that's just kinda where my brain went after reading the article about casting the twin babies. 

4 minutes ago, JessePinkman said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Twins are also usually cast to play one baby/child so this could mean anything really.

Ha, yes... I was going to add that as an edit... but it didn't really change the speculation whether one or two.  

19 hours ago, Wynterwolf said:

I'm going to put this under spoiler tag to err on the side of caution, since one item is a little outside regular PR channels, but...

Hide contents

This link says they are casting for baby twins with the speculation that they could play Wiccan and Speed and would debut into the MCU in A4.  So that, coupled with Scarlet Witch & Vision hooking up, and from my perusing Wikis about the Infinity Stones, isn't one of the things that happens in that storyline is a big terrigen bomb going off, creating a bunch of inhumans? 

But there's (currently) no inhumans in the MCU, and they changed the Maximoff siblings to be technologically enhanced, rather than mutants... so they could also change the terrigen bomb to something else, something like what happened to Peter (or StarLabs exploding, to borrow from the DCEU), to create a bunch of young enhanced characters.  So kind of following what happened on Buffy where originally it was just her, then by the end they had a whole fleet of slayers.  So, the original Avengers could actually afford to 'retire', and we'd have "20 new and different" movies in Phase 4 for the new, younger crop of Avengers-in-training?   I mean who knows, but that's just kinda where my brain went after reading the article about casting the twin babies. 

Spoiler

A massive terrigen catastrophe happened on Agents of SHIELD poisoning all of Earth's water supply. Agents of SHIELD has inhumans popping up left and right. Technically the TV and film sides are still connected. So there are inhumans in the MCU, but the film side has never addressed the issue. If they ended with a terrigen explosion in the film and acted like Inhumans were a new thing in the films, that would royally piss me off. For four seasons, Agents of SHIELD has been tackling Inhumans, Kree, and Asguardians. Furthermore, Disney forbade ABC from canceling the show. So they better try damaged hard to fold it back in.