Type keyword(s) to search

The Marvel Cinematic Universe: The Avengers, etc.

vb68
  • Start Topic

My opinion is that making Sharon a villain isn't a bad idea, just how it was done was. FaTS should have started off from ep.1 with her as the villain and then show us how it became that way. Not saved it for some kind of surprise reveal which A) was no surprise, and B) did not work. Would have been much more interesting than the boring Flag Smashers who should have had way less screentime. 

I was the one wanting Marvel to show how the Snap really affected people and FaTS was the only show that came close to doing that. It would have really been good to show with Sharon, what could happen to the people left behind. Instead of Karli who they thought we were supposed to care about, but I did not. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

There was probably a 30-minute window where they could have asked before the series had to be rushed into production, and the person whose responsibility it was missed a train or couldn't find a parking spot.

Didn't they have to mostly rewrite FATWS, though? At least if that's what you're referring to. I could swear I remember something about the first almost completed draft involving a COVID-like virus, but then for obvious reasons they couldn't do that, so we got terrorists and Sharon being a villain instead. You'd think that somewhere with all that re-writing they'd have come up with a story for her that wasn't super-annoying.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Didn't they have to mostly rewrite FATWS, though? At least if that's what you're referring to. I could swear I remember something about the first almost completed draft involving a COVID-like virus, but then for obvious reasons they couldn't do that, so we got terrorists and Sharon being a villain instead. You'd think that somewhere with all that re-writing they'd have come up with a story for her that wasn't super-annoying.

No. There was a fan theory that they had to write out a virus plot but the writer has said it’s not true. They were well into filming when the shutdown happen. 

4 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I’m forever bitter that they didn’t have Natasha and Sharon be besties like they were in the comics. Prime opportunity in TWS to have them double team, then fight against each other in CW. But no, they didn’t even try with Sharon. “Oh we didn’t know what do to with her anymore, so we just made her a villain.” BULLSHIT.

I am fine with not going the friends route for Sharon and Natasha, since I find MCU Sharon super boring. If they wanted to pair up Natasha with any other super spy friend (besides Hawkeye) either Maria Hill or Nakia would have been more interesting.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I am fine with not going the friends route for Sharon and Natasha, since I find MCU Sharon super boring. If they wanted to pair up Natasha with any other super spy friend (besides Hawkeye) either Maria Hill or Nakia would have been more interesting.

MCU Sharon had all her personality from the comics siphoned off by MCU Natasha and Peggy. Like I said, they didn’t even try with her. Which makes the Power Broker bullshit even more lazy and frustrating.

Honestly, The Marvels feels like the only MCU movie I’m really looking forward to…except for Wolverine and Deadpool. 

4 hours ago, festivus said:

I was the one wanting Marvel to show how the Snap really affected people and FaTS was the only show that came close to doing that. It would have really been good to show with Sharon, what could happen to the people left behind. Instead of Karli who they thought we were supposed to care about, but I did not. 

They can't do that and maintain the relatively upbeat tone of the MCU.  Let's be honest - both Snaps should have been catastrophic events with repercussions lasting for decades.  The sad thing is the first Snap would have been easier to recover from after the initial shock and aftermath.  Instantly needing double the resources, space, etc. is a lot harder to deal with than having a massive surplus.  Then there are all the personal relationships and trauma that would ensue from the dusted popping back into existence.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, festivus said:

My opinion is that making Sharon a villain isn't a bad idea, just how it was done was. FaTS should have started off from ep.1 with her as the villain and then show us how it became that way. Not saved it for some kind of surprise reveal which A) was no surprise, and B) did not work. Would have been much more interesting than the boring Flag Smashers who should have had way less screentime. 

To be fair, I can see how they would get that idea.

image.png.12f920da8183bfe6b6c72e5746971440.png

Maybe if they had given Karli as much time to hang out with Sam as they gave Zemo to hang out with Bucky, she'd have caught on.

7 hours ago, festivus said:

Indeed.

I wouldn’t have hated a Dark Sharon storyline if it was done well. But they were just as lazy with it as MoM did with Wanda.

5 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

They can't do that and maintain the relatively upbeat tone of the MCU.  Let's be honest - both Snaps should have been catastrophic events with repercussions lasting for decades.  The sad thing is the first Snap would have been easier to recover from after the initial shock and aftermath.  Instantly needing double the resources, space, etc. is a lot harder to deal with than having a massive surplus.  Then there are all the personal relationships and trauma that would ensue from the dusted popping back into existence.

In my opinion they shouldn't have done it if you can't do it right. They could have easily had it go back to the moment of the Snap and only the Avengers remembering what happened. Can get around the Morgan problem by Pepper already being pregnant and them talking about in Infinity War when the met up with Hulk in the park. So we still get all the feels with Tony's death.

• Like 1

The comics, etc. are also full of events that would logically have far greater implications than would ever be shown on-page; that also applies to the films pre-Endgame.

7 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

MCU Sharon had all her personality from the comics siphoned off by MCU Natasha and Peggy. Like I said, they didn’t even try with her. Which makes the Power Broker bullshit even more lazy and frustrating. 

I actually think having her be a Shield agent turned bad makes her way more interesting than what she was before. Because young female non-powered super spy who is really good at fighting is such a common MCU character type. And of all of them the only thing that really made Sharon stand out was that she was Peggy's niece (which isn't much).

• Like 1
On 3/18/2023 at 1:08 PM, Spartan Girl said:

I’m forever bitter that they didn’t have Natasha and Sharon be besties like they were in the comics. Prime opportunity in TWS to have them double team, then fight against each other in CW. But no, they didn’t even try with Sharon. “Oh we didn’t know what do to with her anymore, so we just made her a villain.” BULLSHIT.

Their treatment of Sharon bordered on Fox/Sony levels of, 'we need this character because they're important in the comics, but we have no idea what to do with them.'

They either needed to stick closer to the whole Winter Soldier/Death of Captain America storyline or admit that there was no room for Sharon in the movies, once they'd decided Nat was going to be Steve's bestie.

It's not like I'm much of a fan of the character, or of Emily van Camp, but they just bungled her role. I will always maintain that Cap 3 should not have been Civil War, it should have actually been a Cap movie, focusing on Cap and his support characters.

They should have scrapped Ultron (god, that movie was a low point) and made the second Avengers movie Civil War, taking place after Winter Soldier. Then Cap 3 could have taken place with Cap leading the underground Avengers - Nat, Sam and Clint and Sharon - and trying to track Bucky down, as was set up at the end of Winter Soldier.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Anduin said:

In surprising news, Victoria Alonso has left Marvel Studios. She's been a producer of some sort on all the MCU output to date. I hope it's a case of her wanting to work on new material, rather than being forced out for whatever reason. We can only wait and see what she does next.

I wonder if she was poached by another studio (maybe Gunn and DC). I’m actually amazed that none of their core had left sooner. You know the others studios would do just about anything to get Fiege, Alonso or D’Esposito on board. They were there for every step. 

ETA: The shit is hitting the fan. I wonder if it is accountability, scapegoating or just people being more willing to speak out now that she’s not in power position. Marvel Studios VFX problems have been pretty widely reported for the last year or so. Either way she probably still easily get another job if she doesn’t already have one lined up.

13 hours ago, Dani said:

ETA: The shit is hitting the fan. I wonder if it is accountability, scapegoating or just people being more willing to speak out now that she’s not in power position. Marvel Studios VFX problems have been pretty widely reported for the last year or so. Either way she probably still easily get another job if she doesn’t already have one lined up.

At this point my Youtube feeds are full of stories that Victoria Alonzo got sacked and  is the fall guy for the MCUs losing market shares.  That the focus on abilities and suits that you can punch anyone into trumped the characters. In effect  they forgot to paraphrase what I heard when Michael Keaton got Batman, you cast Bruce Wayne, not the Batman

On 3/21/2023 at 6:45 AM, Raja said:

At this point my Youtube feeds are full of stories that Victoria Alonzo got sacked and  is the fall guy for the MCUs losing market shares.  That the focus on abilities and suits that you can punch anyone into trumped the characters. In effect  they forgot to paraphrase what I heard when Michael Keaton got Batman, you cast Bruce Wayne, not the Batman

The fandom menace taught me to never trust YouTube to know a thing about how studios actually work. It’s mostly outrage farming fan fiction. Connecting the person in charge of post-production leaving to casting decisions makes no sense.

I’m not surprised that’s the spin they are taking because she is a POC and queer woman who championed diversity so, of course, they are tying it link to casting. Probably painting her as an evil man-hating lesbian who is single handedly destroying Marvel. Despite the fact the Marvel is still, generally, praised for their casting and the problems with the department Alonso heads have been well known. Certain channels are probably foaming at the mouth over this. The only bigger “victory” for them would be if Kathleen Kennedy decided to leave Lucas Films. 

I haven’t been on YouTube in a while but in would be willing to bet that multiple channels have tried to say this will mean that Brie will be out. 

On 3/20/2023 at 7:48 PM, Dani said:

No reason it can't be all three!  I think most fans don't give a damn who's doing what behind the scenes, all that matters is whether or not they're entertained by the product.

And for those who do care, the truth almost doesn't matter because many have already decided which side they want to be on.  Sure, she's a bully who worked her underlings ragged, abused her power, and was ruining the MCU.  Or she's a strong, decisive woman and we all know there are a lot of people who can't handle that, so of course they are going to demonize her.

• Like 2

Inside the Firing of Victoria Alonso: Her Oscar-Nominated Movie ‘Argentina, 1985’ at Center of Exit

Alonso was one of eight producers on the Argentine historical drama, which was distributed by Amazon and competed for the best international feature Oscar. However, by assuming that role, she breached her contract — several times — according to sources. After repeated warnings, the situation came to a head the week after the Academy Awards and ultimately led to her termination.

According to sources, she was reminded of her agreement and her breach several times, but the campaigning continued. She even appeared on the Oscars arrivals carpet not as a Marvel executive associated with that studio’s multi-nominated Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, but rather as Argentina, 1985′s producer, walking with the film’s director, Santiago Mitre.

What also rankled Disney executives was that while she was busy promoting Argentina, 1985, her purview over Marvel’s visual effects — as president of physical and postproduction, visual effects and animation production — was busier than ever.

A rep for Disney declined to comment.

Alonso’s attorney, Patty Glaser, released a statement after the initial publication of this story. Said the attorney: “The idea that Victoria was fired over a handful of press interviews relating to a personal passion project about human rights and democracy that was nominated for an Oscar and which she got Disney’s blessing to work on is absolutely ridiculous. Victoria, a gay Latina who had the courage to criticize Disney, was silenced. Then she was terminated when she refused to do something she believed was reprehensible. Disney and Marvel made a really poor decision that will have serious consequences. There is a lot more to this story and Victoria will be telling it shortly—in one forum or another.”

Considering Disney is a massive corporation that does all kinds of horrible things and that she apparently made the lives if VFX artists miserable, I’m not inclined to completely believe either version. Particularly since neither is addressing the elephant in the room that is Marvel VFX problems.

For the movies, it will be interesting to see what this means for The Marvels and the extra time they now have in post-production. 

ETA: Disney has responded:

“It’s unfortunate that Victoria is sharing a narrative that leaves out several key factors concerning her departure, including an indisputable breach of contract and a direct violation of company policy,” a Disney spokesperson told Deadline this evening. “We will continue to wish her the best for the future and thank her for her numerous contributions to the studio.”

More from Deadline

We hear after her remarks at GLAAD last April over Disney’s mishandling of Florida’s Don’t Say Gay legislation, Alonso was benched by executives and told that she could no longer do interviews or media at all. Alonso was even asked late last year by a prominent director to speak out for a Marvel film, but she stayed mute. Then the self-described “reprehensible” incident occurred, which seemed to involve a disagreement with a Disney executive, who is not Iger, we’ve learned.

However, with that we hear that the Buenos Aires-born Alonso did not initially seek permission to produce the Academy Award nominated Argentina, 1985, but did see her contract re-drafted out of respect for her years at the company. The sticking point was the Alonso was distinctly not supposed to promote the political drama, which she did. That was the breaking point, an insider says. 

4 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

So is the MCU going to follow Warner Brothers’ example with Ezra Miller?

MCU, he is the current face for US Army recruiting as they are bringing back the "Be all that you can be" from the 80s

• Mind Blown 1
6 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

So is the MCU going to follow Warner Brothers’ example with Ezra Miller?

In only a few hours this story has already gone so far that there is no chance he’s not out. It’s already gone past the tipping point and they can still recast with minimal interruption. 

4 hours ago, Dani said:

In only a few hours this story has already gone so far that there is no chance he’s not out. It’s already gone past the tipping point and they can still recast with minimal interruption. 

Coming out of Loki and its implications Kang, along with every character can be recast at anytime. The problem is that Majors is, or was the big name assigned to carry the next phase franchise replacing Downey. 

For real world political reasons which Black male actor , which the variant casting would have to be who willing to do bits in movies and Disney+ series do you punch in to take over as the Avengers antagonist

I think they may need to recast. This incident has given some people who worked with him in the past reason to speak out:

https://thedirect.com/article/avengers-5-actor-arrest-accused

"There's a particular actor, relatively new on the scene, who Twitter has violently fallen head over heels for who, in actuality, is a vicious, cruel, abusive human being, both professionally and in his personal life, and every new viral thirst tweet about him drives me insane."

"The specifics of what *I* know unfortunately would still expose people who have been hurt and deserve to not become part of some larger media inquiry if they don't want to. So I'm not gonna get into the details. But now y'all know what his ~deal~ is, so."

Doesn't sound like Majors is a good guy.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Useful 3
6 hours ago, Raja said:

The problem is that Majors is, or was the big name assigned to carry the next phase franchise replacing Downey. 

I don’t think it’s that big of a problem or that the Majors was supposed to replace Downey. It’s really not great and Majors was a huge asset (before he made himself a liability) but there at other amazing actors they could but in the role. They also don’t have a shortage of amazing actors that fans really want to see again. 

Marvel has always had amazing pull with actors. Casting has never been their problem. 

20 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

I think they may need to recast. This incident has given some people who worked with him in the past reason to speak out:

I saw this last night and it was the moment I was certain they would have to act. Even if the charges were immediately dropped in New York, the floodgates have opened and you can’t put the genie back in the bottle. 

Haven't seen Antman yet but I did not like him in Loki which I think was an unpopular opinion at the time. I'm all for the recasting. I just felt like something was off with him and now I'm thinking it might not be just because I didn't like the performance. I don't really keep up with celebrity gossip but I've has similar feelings before about people and turned out to be right.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3

I think Yahya Abdul-Mateen’s agent might be getting a call about upgrading whatever deal he made for the D+ Wonder Man show…

Otherwise, it’s disappointing, and somewhat shocking, to hear that Marvel decided to make this guy the main villain for the next 3 years (or really 5 when they first got him) of storytelling- without running a background check on him?  I get that that’s not generally how the Hollywood casting process works- but this isn’t just any role.  Set aside any legal or PR issues- how do you know that he’s going to be able to work with all these different people across multiple projects?  Shouldn’t you talk to other people he’s worked with to find out if he’s “a sociopath and an abuser”?  And the thing is that overall Marvel has had an incredible track record with casting- part of the reason the MCU is what it is, is because Sarah Halley Finn has put the right people in the right roles for 15 years now.  I guess that’s part of why this is so surprising- given their history, it’s strange that this would be the casting choice that fell through the cracks.

13 minutes ago, festivus said:

Haven't seen Antman yet but I did not like him in Loki which I think was an unpopular opinion at the time. I'm all for the recasting. I just felt like something was off with him and now I'm thinking it might not be just because I didn't like the performance. I don't really keep up with celebrity gossip but I've has similar feelings before about people and turned out to be right.

I also did not like his performance in Loki and did not see him in anything else. Before this, I was not enamored but just chalked it up to him being one of those actors I did not care for. This, now, still may be true with this possible added major and more important character flaw that will make me not like him as a human being.

• Applause 2

I may have to take back my statement that he will be out. His lawyer has come out and said the alleged victim has recanted and charges are going to be dropped. Trying to write it off as a women having an “emotional incident”.

If that happens and this causes those who have begun to speak out to go silent again nothing may change. If Marvel fires him they get cancel culture backlash if they don’t they run the risk of being in the exact position DC is in because they ignored the Iceland incident with Ezra Miller. 

While recanting could have been under pressure there's apparently video proof from the cab and the taxi driver apparently also offered a written statement that nothing happened.  

So, at this point I'm going to wait and see the evidence before making any judgements.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

While recanting could have been under pressure there's apparently video proof from the cab and the taxi driver apparently also offered a written statement that nothing happened.  

So, at this point I'm going to wait and see the evidence before making any judgements.

I just hope that enough comes out to the public for a judgement to be made. Particularly what was the probable cause that led to the arrest and what injuries there were.

The lawyers statement has a few things that causes me concern. Primarily the claim that the arrest only happened because NYC requires an arrest in all domestic complaints. The actual law is that an arrest is required in all domestic complaints if there is probable cause. 

(edited)

The 10 Best Songs from the Marvel Cinematic Universe
BY CILLEA HOUGHTON   April 6, 2023
https://americansongwriter.com/the-10-best-songs-from-the-marvel-cinematic-universe/ 

The soundtracks are equally as noteworthy as the films, with several films calling on classic songs by artists ranging from Fleetwood Mac to Beyonce to help tell their stories. Here are 10 of the best songs from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

1. ”Father and Son” by Cat Stevens (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2)
2. “Ancestral Plane” by Ludwig Goransson (Black Panther)
3. “California Love” by Tupac Shakur (Iron Man 2)
4. “Immigrant Song” by Led Zeppelin (Thor: Ragnarok)
5. “The Chain” by Fleetwood Mac (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2)
6. “All the Stars” by Kendrick Lamar ft. SZA (Black Panther)
7. “Hooked on a Feeling” by Mark James (Guardians of the Galaxy)
8. “Iron Man” by Black Sabbath (Iron Man)
9. “Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)” by Beyonce (Doctor Strange)
10. “Spirit in the Sky” by Norman Greenbaum (Guardians of the Galaxy)

Edited by tv echo

No Star Spangled Man With A Plan? No but seriously I've got the the version from FaTS as my ringtone. That shit is banging. As for that list I would put Immigrant Song at No. 1 because that was the most badass scene Marvel ever had. 

• Like 4

While I'm not a huge fan of AC/DC or "Back in Black", I feel like that should be on there somewhere, given that it was the very first thing you heard in the MCU and kind of set the tone for the entire enterprise - the Iron Man franchise specifically and the MCU as a whole.

Should be separate because the Winter Soldier theme is awesome. Had that as my ringtone for years.

Honestly 2 through 10 could be basically any Guardians stuff. Everybody has a favorite. Mine is Rocket blowing people up in the air set to Southern Nights. I was crying in that theater. I hurt, y'all. 🤣

1 hour ago, tracyscott76 said:

While I'm not a huge fan of AC/DC or "Back in Black", I feel like that should be on there somewhere, given that it was the very first thing you heard in the MCU and kind of set the tone for the entire enterprise - the Iron Man franchise specifically and the MCU as a whole.

I was just going to say the same thing. I can’t take it seriously without Back in Black included. I’d also can’t believe that Come and Get Your Love isn’t included. 

But also, what is Single Ladies doing on that list. It’s an iconic song but just a throwaway moment for a laugh in Doctor Strange. 

I don't even remember it. I do remember the Feels So Good moment in the operating room though. That used to be me; I could tell you what year most any song from the 70s or 80s came out. Then menopause happened. 

On 4/7/2023 at 3:09 PM, tracyscott76 said:

As far as AC/DC goes, the use of Shoot to Thrill was one of the best parts of Iron Man 2 so that should count for something.

Real-Life ‘Rogers: The Musical’, Gets Premiere Date At Disneyland Resort; Concept Art, Songs Revealed – Updated
By Tom Tapp   April 10, 2023
https://deadline.com/2023/04/rogers-the-musical-hawkeye-disneyland-1235269628/ 

UPDATED with debut date, image: Disney announced the opening date for Rogers: The Musical is June 30, 2023. The one-act play will have a limited run this summer on the Hyperion Stage inside California Adventure Park at Disneyland Resort, which has already updated its marquee.

The company’s Parks division also released concept art for the show, which was was first referenced in the first episode of the Disney+ series Hawkeye last November. Details in the new image (below) look much the same as those in a still from Hawkeye (above), except it has fewer of Cap’s fellow Avengers and more star-spangled cheerleaders. Fan-favorite Peggy Carter, Dr. Abraham Erskine and his Vita-Ray Chamber also appear to be in the mix.
Screen-Shot-2023-04-10-at-11.03.13-AM.pn 
A description offered by Disney today indicates that some Avengers will indeed join Rogers onstage. One hint, the promotional copy promises “it’s all sure to be a SMASH. SMASH. SMAAAAASH.

The show will also include a singing Nick Fury. Among the songs heard will be “Save the City,” from Hawkeye and “Star Spangled Man” from The First Avenger, plus five new originals written just for Rogers: The Musical.

Per Disney Parks:

This production features a talented cast of singers and dancers telling the story of Steve Rogers – Captain America – joined by Peggy Carter, Nick Fury and select members of the Avengers. The musical will take the audience on a journey from Steve’s humble beginnings during World War II to becoming Captain America, leading the Avengers and beyond. It’s a classic tale of heroes, time travel, and romance, oh … and Nick Fury sings!

Rogers: The Musical will run approximately 30 minutes, from Tuesday through Saturday most weeks. Additional details including show dates and times, plus news about the merchandise and food and beverage offerings themed to Rogers: The Musical will be shared as opening day gets closer. 

Edited by tv echo

I'm glad this is being done for people who loved that particular bit of fanservice, but the excerpt we saw from Rogers: The Musical made me cringe so hard you'd have to march me into that theater at gunpoint to make me sit through the whole thing.

• Like 3

I still have no idea how the general public would associate "I can do this all day." with Steve Rogers. It's not something he would say often, like a catch-phrase. It requires a very specific set up & audience to be relevant. Then, of the 3 times we know he said it...

1) ...one was 80 years ago to one guy in an alley before he was even famous.

2) ...one was only heard by Tony before they fell out. I don't see Tony sharing that anecdote ("...& then he totally said X before nearly killing me lol!"

3) ...it was his 2012 self saying it to his Endgame self with no witnesses.

26 minutes ago, ICantDoThatDave said:

I still have no idea how the general public would associate "I can do this all day." with Steve Rogers. It's not something he would say often, like a catch-phrase. It requires a very specific set up & audience to be relevant. Then, of the 3 times we know he said it...

2) ...one was only heard by Tony before they fell out. I don't see Tony sharing that anecdote ("...& then he totally said X before nearly killing me lol!"

The documentary Easter Egg of Peter Parker's flight to Europe. Coming out of the biggest event in history everything that there is to be known about all living beings greatest heroes would be known. Except who was behind Spiderman's mask.

40 minutes ago, ICantDoThatDave said:

He also says it to Red Skull in The First Avenger. Cap was used for propaganda in WWII and a legend after he was believed to be dead so I don’t think it’s a stretch to imagine it would have become public knowledge. The Howling Commandos were likely to have heard him say it. 

9 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

I'm glad this is being done for people who loved that particular bit of fanservice, but the excerpt we saw from Rogers: The Musical made me cringe so hard you'd have to march me into that theater at gunpoint to make me sit through the whole thing.

To be fair, it is not like it is a real 2-3 hour Broadway show. It is a 20-30 minute show at a Disney park. And like Country Bears Jamboree, its primary purpose is to give parents a chance to sit down in an air conditioned space, out of the sun for awhile. 

• Like 3
23 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

My thing about Rogers: The Musical is this. I can fully believe the show (in-universe) would be a soulless money grab that banked more on people's affection for Steve than on the actual quality of the musical. But there is NO way that A Broadway show about Captain America would look so cheap. The MCU has enough pop culture similarities with our world that I assume they have the same Disney on Broadway musicals that we do. In a world where you can see Aladdin and Jasmine on a flying carpet or the animals of the Savannah coming to life through elaborate costumes and puppetry, I can't believe that Iron Man would be flying around jerkily on obvious wires or that the Hulk would be some dude in a green hoodie. The show would be trash, but it would be a SPECTACLE.

• Like 6

Didn't Disney spend an ungodly amount of money on the Hawkeye series, about $25 million per episode? Like, enough that they COULD have mounted a Broadway-quality production for that scene rather than something that looked like community theatre?

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Like 1
Just now, Bruinsfan said:

Didn't Disney spend some ungodly amount of money on the Hawkeye series, about $25 million per episode? Like, enough that they COULD have mounted a Broadway-quality production for that scene rather than something that looked like community theatre?

But then it wouldn't have been as funny, or as awkward for Clint to be sitting there watching it.

I think this is a scenario where applying real world logic (in-universe Broadway/Disney would never do something so cheap, or real-life Disney could have spent more to make it look better) isn't really necessary, and actually detracts from the entertainment value of those scenes. In my opinion, sometimes it's better to let go of those kinds of analytics and just enjoy the goofiness of something.

Considering that Spider-man: The Musical exists I can totally believe that such a musical would look that cheap - and I can see it being a success nevertheless. Who says that the in-universe show was produced by Disney anyway?  

Honestly, the whole thing was just fun. You could see that the performers had fun with it, too. And I would be totally in for some sort of show which manages to transport the same spirit. Especially if they manage to add some other in-universe original songs....

• Like 2

Plus with all the attacks on MCU NYC over the years I have to figure that tourism levels are way lower than our NYC. So it is possible that Broadway shows aren't as profitable, especially since getting insurance for a big production/fancy theatre when an alien invasion might blow it up is probably difficult.

• Like 2