Type keyword(s) to search

The Marvel Cinematic Universe: The Avengers, etc.

vb68
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Anduin said:

Hah! It was just an idle joke until I found a little hint of substance to back it up. And outside of me, I haven't found a single other mention.

Hmm? About Fantastic 4 being in Phase 4?  Or is there another hint?

I'll be honest my thoughts are all jumbled together reading that, old/new actors, Fantastic Four casting, Chris Evans secret contract...Chris is going to be Johnny Storm again?! 😂😊

Edited by Morrigan2575
6 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Hmm? About Fantastic 4 being in Phase 4?  Or is there another hint?

I'll be honest my thoughts are all jumbled together reading that, old/new actors, Fantastic Four casting, Chris Evans secret contract...Chris is going to be Johnny Storm again?! 😂😊

No, I found a rumour suggesting that Feige was planning a Shooter Secret Wars movie.

1 hour ago, Anduin said:

No, I found a rumour suggesting that Feige was planning a Shooter Secret Wars movie.

That seems like more than a rumor since Marvel has gone to the trouble of clearing the rights. Who knows if it will actually happen but it definitely seems like something they have in development. When Feige is interested in something it seems to happen eventually. 

Thanos Was Originally Meant to Be Just a Cameo Role, Says Brolin
BY BEN WASSERMAN   AUGUST 20, 2021
https://www.cbr.com/thanos-originally-mcu-cameo-role-josh-brolin/ 

In an interview with ACE Universe, Brolin reflected on how Thanos was pitched to him after receiving the part and how that part expanded over time. "When I said yes to Thanos, you know they had given me a big bible and really kind of talked me up but it wasn't for, you know, a massive, massive part in two final films of a ten-year span. It was meant more as a cameo," he said. "So it was never the size of the role that was like 'Oh I want to do that because it's gonna push me further up into that fame or stardom or whatever.' It was like 'What's the role? You know the role is not one of the Avengers. It's the nemesis of all the Avengers.'"
Brolin also explained that he wasn't bothered by Thanos requiring mo-cap and didn't see much distinction between this CGI role and a "practical" acting performance. "It's all acting," he said, noting, "If you don't have somebody there to bounce off of, you're left up... you know, more to your imagination." He also compared his Thanos work to "black box theater in Lower East Side, New York in the late '70s or something."

ACE Universe Presents: A Conversation with Josh Brolin
ACE Universe  Premiered Aug 19, 2021

ACE Universe Presents: A Conversation with Josh Brolin. Angélique Roché joins Josh Brolin as they discuss his incredible career in film with major roles like Thanos, Cable, Matt Graver, and the highly anticipate Gurney Halleck in the upcoming Dune. 

In addition to their chat, Josh will be answering fan questions from YOU and letting us know who would survive the Thanos snap, his favorite Deadpool moments, plus more! 

Edited by tv echo
22 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

After watching the No Way Home trailer, I guess the rule of the MCU is that Steve Rodgers is the only one to mess with the timeline/multiverse without consequence and everyone else that tries it is just SOL.

Maybe, but it also seemed that Peter was messing around and screwed up Dr. Strange's incantation; so maybe if he hadn't done that, Dr. Strange would have been able to do whatever he wanted just fine?  We may never know.

16 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

That would be funny.

But I guess the new thing in the MCU fandom is to automatically assume anyone acting stupid and/or OOC is an imposter?

Well since the last Spider-Man  the thought will always be in play.

• Love 3

KF managed to give nonanswers to the questions asked...

Kevin Feige on Spider-Man: No Way Home Trailer, His Star Wars Movie, and Future MCU Projects
Collider Interviews   Aug 23, 2021

-- When asked when we'll get another Avengers-type movie, KF said there has to be a "reasonable amount of time" from Endgame to start a "new saga... which is already underway and already started," and that you need time to build that new saga.

-- When asked when the trailers will drop for Spider-Man and Doctor Strange 2, KF said only that the trailers will come out before the movies are released. 

-- When asked about the status of his Star Wars movie script with Michael Waldron, KF said that it's "in the works." When asked if it was a solo movie, KF said that it is not about Han Solo and that Han Solo is not in it.

-- When asked if they already have a release date in mind for Captain America 4 with Anthony Mackie, KF said that they do have a specific release date in mind, but didn't say what date. He also said that they always work toward release dates, but that it doesn't mean release dates don't "shift and change."

Edited by tv echo

Marvel is Seeking Latino Lead for Disney+ Halloween Special (Exclusive)
Umberto Gonzalez | August 26, 2021 
https://www.thewrap.com/marvel-seeking-latino-lead-for-disney-halloween-special-exclusive/ 

Marvel Studios is actively searching for a Latino actor to lead the cast of an as-yet untitled Halloween Special that will air on Disney+, TheWrap has exclusively learned.

The studio is looking for Latino male in his 30s to star in the Halloween Special, which is eyeing to begin production in early 2022.

Individuals with knowledge say the character may be based on “Werewolf by Night,” the name used by two separate Marvel characters.

Edited by tv echo
14 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

Casting a new Robbie Reyes/Ghost Rider perhaps? He's the only prominent Latino Marvel character I can think of who's horror-themed.

I don't think so the linked article is pointing towards Latinos and Native Americans and saying Moon Knight was introduced in their comic book. I bet when you see a Ghost Rider again he will be one of the big two on a motorcycle. 

If anything touches Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  to break their mix with canon I bet it would be Ms. Marvel. She will probably be introduced  as a mutation of unknown origin, like Peter Parker/Spider-Man not telling his to a MCU audience. And shying away from either terrigen  mist or environmentally tainted food from the In(Nu)humans of the TV series.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

Casting a new Robbie Reyes/Ghost Rider perhaps? He's the only prominent Latino Marvel character I can think of who's horror-themed.

There's a Native American/Latino Werewolf by Night, Jake Gomez.  

8 hours ago, Ms.Moon said:

The All Hail the King short is on Disney+.  

I saw that last night. Cool to watch since it was the last one I hadn't seen because it is not like I am going to buy Thor the Dark World on BluRay. But I always thought the One Shot program was cool and it was too bad they stopped doing it. There were some fun stories, I think Item 47 is my favourite. Plus it seems like a good way to explore stories and give directors a chance at working within the MCU without having to risk hundreds of millions of dollars.

Just out of idle curiosity, are there any actors who've been in Star Trek and the MCU? If we don't count the X-Movies, I can only think of Michelle Yeoh. Is Inhumans in the MCU? That had Anson Mount.

9 minutes ago, Anduin said:

Just out of idle curiosity, are there any actors who've been in Star Trek and the MCU? If we don't count the X-Movies, I can only think of Michelle Yeoh. Is Inhumans in the MCU? That had Anson Mount.

Chris Hemsworth 

Zoe Saldana 

Idris Elba

Benedict Cumberbach

Karl Urban

Edited by anna0852
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Captain Carrot said:

I've been wondering if there will be a (probably gruesome) reference to Trevor in Shang-Chi.

Spoiler

It was announced that Trevor is in the movie at the premiere.

17 minutes ago, Anduin said:

How did I forget the new Trek movies? Thanks!

Look at the Kelvin Star Trek the same as the Inhumans. One corporate boss would say it is canon another along with many fans would say they are not

• Love 1

Disneyland and Disney World always have Halloween events featuring their villains.  They announced that Agatha Harkness will be featured in the Disneyland version this year.  I find that utterly delightful for some reason.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, starri said:

Disneyland and Disney World always have Halloween events featuring their villains.  They announced that Agatha Harkness will be featured in the Disneyland version this year.  I find that utterly delightful for some reason.

It is still interesting that they are playing her up as the villain for me though. Because every time I think about Wanda it seems like what Wanda did was way worse than her trying to steal Wanda's powers, yet Agatha got pretty brutally punished for it, compared to the zero punishment that Wanda got. Although I don't really remember, did Agatha say what she was planning on doing if she got Wanda's powers?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

It is still interesting that they are playing her up as the villain for me though. Because every time I think about Wanda it seems like what Wanda did was way worse than her trying to steal Wanda's powers, yet Agatha got pretty brutally punished for it, compared to the zero punishment that Wanda got. Although I don't really remember, did Agatha say what she was planning on doing if she got Wanda's powers?

I can get why they would lean into Agatha.  Out of all the characters Marvel's introduced this year, between Katherine Hahn's performance and "Agatha All Along" being such a bop, she left the biggest footprint.  And her look is definitely more villain-y than Wanda's.

• Love 3

The difference between Agatha and Wanda was, that Wanda wasn't really aware of what she was doing in the beginning and mentally in a bad place. Agatha apparently killed deliberately her own mother and she could have stopped Wanda all along, but she didn't because she wanted power. That makes her a villain and Wanda not. 

• Love 11

Another KF interview (this time with CinemaBlend)...

Kevin Feige Talks 'Shang-Chi,' Avengers and Marvel Phase 4 Goodness
CinemaBlend   Aug 27, 2021

President of Marvel Studios and Chief Creative Officer of Marvel, Kevin Feige, discusses “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings,” whether or not the MCU has an Avengers team, and more Marvel Phase 4 goodness in this interview with CinemaBlend Managing Editor Sean O’Connell.

-- KF said that, when the Ten Rings organization was mentioned way back in 2008 in Iron Man, it was an Easter egg to the Iron Man comics. He also said that, even before the first Iron Man movie, Shang-Chi was on a list, along with Iron Man, of comics characters that they thought had "great potential" and "would make for a wonderful, epic story." He said that they were "active at the same time" when they were building the MCU.

-- When asked about introducing villains and other characters who have been in the comics for a long time (like Agatha Harkness, He Who Remains, the Eternals, the Deviants, and Wenwu) and whether that is a deliberate move to establish the sacred timeline, KF said that it's just about continuing to have opportunities to "showcase great characters from the comics." He noted that characters like Thanos and Loki have also been around in the comics for a long time.

-- When asked if there is currently an existing Avengers team in the MCU, KF said that it is one of the questions that's going to be addressed, and that we'll see "people struggling with that very question," within the MCU. He noted that post-Endgame, Tony Stark and Steve Rogers' Cap are "off the board," although Sam Wilson is now the new Cap. He then cited the following questions: What does it mean to be an Avenger? Is there a core team of Avengers right now? Who's leading it? Who's financing it? He said that those questions, while not in the forefront of the new MCU movies, are "lingering in the background."

-- When asked to compare comic book movies back in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man days to comic book movies now, KF said that "it doesn't feel that different" to him, even though "the landscape is different." He was there back in the day and saw people trying to "fulfill and exceed" people's expectations and that's what they're trying to do now with the MCU movies. KF also added that, personally, reuniting with Sam Raimi (on Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness) is "surreal" and a "full circle, dream come true." 

-- On Marvel's approach to sequels and whether it's different, KF said that their approach has always been, "What is the next story? And how can we continue to evolve a film series?" His favorite example is Captain America: The First Avenger, "a World War 2 movie," and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, "a political espionage thriller." He said that when audiences responded to that, it fulfilled their hopes that they could continue to take these characters and "grow and evolve the genres in which they're in." He also mentioned Captain Marvel, "a 90's, buddy action origin story," which spun into Carol Danvers' appearance in Endgame, but also is now spinning off both into The Marvels and into Secret Invasion "with the Ben Mendelsohn character, Talos." KF said that when audiences like and respond to these characters, it's then their job, not to deliver more of the same, but to take those characters and put them into "different environments" and "deeper stories."

Edited by tv echo
15 hours ago, swanpride said:

The difference between Agatha and Wanda was, that Wanda wasn't really aware of what she was doing in the beginning and mentally in a bad place. Agatha apparently killed deliberately her own mother and she could have stopped Wanda all along, but she didn't because she wanted power. That makes her a villain and Wanda not. 

I pretty much agree with everything you said, I just find it weird that Agatha got a way worse punishment for trying to steal Wanda's powers, than the almost 0 punishment Wanda got for actually using them on people. Especially since at least for me it wasn't entirely clear what Agatha was going to do if she had gotten them.

• Love 1

An interesting perspective on Black Widow and Captain Marvel from The Take. It calls out the fact that Natasha finally getting her solo movie feels hollow when she’s already dead and no longer can develop her character more. 

Not MCU - but if you liked Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanoff together in Winter Soldier, you might like this news of the actors teaming up to star in a new romantic action adventure movie...

Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson to Star in Adventure Movie ‘Ghosted’ for Apple
BY BORYS KIT   AUGUST 29, 2021
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/chris-evans-scarlett-johansson-to-star-in-adventure-movie-ghosted-for-apple-1235004938/ 

Dexter Fletcher, the helmer behind Rocketman, is set to direct the project, which will be written by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, the scribes behind Deadpool and Zombieland.

Evans will produce the project along with David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Don Granger of Skydance, the company that made The Tomorrow War for Amazon. Reese and Werinick will also produce.

Details are behind kept under the white sheet but the project is being described as a high-concept romantic action adventure in the vein of Romancing the Stone, the 1984 adventure movie that starred Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner.

There is no pricetag on the project but it’s bound to be pricey. But it’s also part of Apple’s aggressive plan to attract top talent for its growing feature division. The streamer is currently in production on Emancipation, a slave drama starring Will Smith, and earlier this year filmed Killers of the Flower Moon, Martin Scorsese’s period thriller that stars Leonardo DiCaprio.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, BetterButter said:

I never watched it because I heard how bad it was but I did see The Defenders where people said they improved his character. I thought "Wow if people are saying THIS is better than his show must have really sucked!"  

Edited by Fool to cry
  • LOL 1

The view of The Take on Captain Marvel was the reason why I stopped subscribing to them. They were basically missing everything what made Captain Marvel great and now they still don't get that Captain Marvel isn't simply about overcoming obstacles, but about the fact that even a capable women ready to fight her way up, and who has succeeded to do so in the past, can fell victim to the kind of toxic messaging which society (in this case Kree society) pushes on them...and that the best way to overcome it is the help of other people, especially other women (in this case Monica). 

I agree though that my excitement for ANY prequel about a character I already know is automatically low. That was always the issue with the notion of a Black Widow movie. 

Oh, and I actually enjoyed Iron Fist overall, especially the second season. I really want to see a Danny and Ward movie/show. But I guess I was one of the few who didn't judge the show before it even aired....I mean, it HAS it's problems, but it's basically the same kind of problems I have with all Netflix shows. 

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, Fool to cry said:

I never watched it because I heard how bad it was but I did see The Defenders where people said they improved his character. I thought "Wow if people are saying THIS is better than his show must have really sucked!"  

I just think people enjoyed his character getting dunked on:

3 hours ago, swanpride said:

The view of The Take on Captain Marvel was the reason why I stopped subscribing to them. They were basically missing everything what made Captain Marvel great and now they still don't get that Captain Marvel isn't simply about overcoming obstacles, but about the fact that even a capable women ready to fight her way up, and who has succeeded to do so in the past, can fell victim to the kind of toxic messaging which society (in this case Kree society) pushes on them...and that the best way to overcome it is the help of other people, especially other women (in this case Monica). 

I agree. I feel like Captain Marvel was a big step forward for the MCU’s female characters, but true to form, the MCU took several steps back in Endgame: Natasha fridged, Okoye sidelined, Carol only getting a little bit in the beginning and the end, and the rest of the females other than Nebula and Gamora were cameos at best. 

• Love 8

Well, they did a great job with Nebula. But yeah, there is still an issue there. It's not even that they killed Natasha, it is the way they did it, with her basically taking second place to Tony's sacrifice. 

Anyway, it annoys me when The Take does those surface judgement of Captain Marvel, because there is so much more to the movie than that. 

2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I agree. I feel like Captain Marvel was a big step forward for the MCU’s female characters, but true to form, the MCU took several steps back in Endgame: Natasha fridged, Okoye sidelined, Carol only getting a little bit in the beginning and the end, and the rest of the females other than Nebula and Gamora were cameos at best. 

I think a lot of that was just because Endgame was supposed to be a send off for the original Avengers so they got most of the story. Even so Pepper and Morgan were more than just cameos. Frigga was a cameo but in her one scene she played a pretty important role.

3 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

That’s really not surprising since Endgame was helmed by the same people who led a large part of the Infinity Saga. I enjoyed their movies but I’m not sorry that the MCU is moving on from the Russos. 

I couldn't find a thread for the first Thor movie...

Thor 1 Nearly Featured Chris Hemsworth Singing This Classic Marvel Theme Song
By Richard Nebens Posted: August 30, 2021
https://thedirect.com/article/thor-chris-hemsworth-marvel-song-mighty-thor-movies 

A preview from a new collector's book entitled The Story of Marvel Studios: The Making of the Marvel Cinematic Universe revealed a scrapped scene from 2011's Thor, which featured its cast singing the theme song for one of the original animated Thor shows.

Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Tom Hiddleston (Loki), Josh Dallas (Fandral), and Jaimie Alexander, along with Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige, learned how to sing the theme song to Thor's portion of the animated Marvel Super Heroes show from 1966. The scene with this performance was shot, but it was cut from the movie.

"To a delighted Branagh, Josh Dallas, Hemsworth, Jaimie Alexander (Sif), and Feige, Kyle shares - via his laptop - composer Jaques Urbont’s 1966 theme song to The Mighty Thor segment of the animated Marvel Super Heroes TV series. At one point, there was an idea to have the cast sing it in a scene, which was shot and never used."

thor-behind-the-scenes.jpg

The lyrics to the theme song read as follows:

"Across the rainbow bridge of Asgard
Where the booming heavens roar
You'll behold in breathless wonder
The God of Thunder, Mighty Thor!"

Edited by tv echo