Type keyword(s) to search

The Marvel Cinematic Universe: The Avengers, etc.

vb68
  • Start Topic

I'm not a comic book reader so I only know Kamala from the cartoons. Is she significantly better in the comics? I really love the idea of her, but find her kind of annoying in the cartoon (especially in the newest one with Squirrel Girl). 

I'm also not interested in yet another Spiderman franchise by Sony. I wasn't too pumped when it was announced he was joining the MCU, but Tom Holland in Civil War changed my mind and I enjoyed his movies. I am not interested in Venom at all and neither of Sonys previous attempts have impressed me, so this is likely the end of Spiderman for me. Best of luck to them, I guess. I hope it works out better than most of us are anticipating. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

This better be a Scarlet Witch situation where she gets her own show but plays a real role in the movie verse. Kamala deserves to be seen in movie theaters.

Apparently she will be.  Per Deadline:

At Disney’s D23 confab, Marvel boss Kevin Feige announced that Ms. MarvelShe Hulk and Moon Knight live-action series are in the works at the upcoming streaming platform Disney+. The Ms. Marvel character, Marvel’s first Muslim superhero, also will be featured in movies.

• Love 2

G Willow Wilson, who was one of the creators of Kamala, recently announced she was leaving her current position as the writer of Wonder Woman for a top secret project.  I think we've got the project.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, starri said:

G Willow Wilson, who was one of the creators of Kamala, recently announced she was leaving her current position as the writer of Wonder Woman for a top secret project.  I think we've got the project.

Sadly she says it’s not and that her new project will be announced at New York comic con. Bisha K. Ali is the writer and show runner for Ms. Marvel.

Edited by Guest
2 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

I'm not a comic book reader so I only know Kamala from the cartoons.

I only read her comics and I love her. I LOVE HER. She is joy. I say pick up the first volume of Ms Marvel at the library and see what you think. 

Since Kit was announced the speculation I’ve read is almost entirely centered on him playing Wolverine. I have no idea if it will be true, as I just want to see him and Richard Madden share a scene, but it’s got people excited. 

I have to give Disney credit. I thought the bulk of their Marvel news was announced at Comic Con and they’d use D23 to focus on Star Wars but they’re just giving us all the goodies. 

• Love 2

A SHE-HULK SERIES!!!!

I wonder if we'll get a Mark Ruffalo cameo. I mean we have to, right? She's gotta get a blood transfusion from her cousin Bruce. And will they have one actress playing Shulkie with the help of CGI or a Lou Ferrigno type deal? Okay, definitely CGI. Oh man these shows are going to have a BUDGET!

More news

WandaVision sounds off the walls

Since Kit was announced the speculation I’ve read is almost entirely centered on him playing Wolverine. I have no idea if it will be true, as I just want to see him and Richard Madden share a scene, but it’s got people excited. 

I really hope he's not Wolverine. Besides me not wanting him to be Wolvie, I don't think that's a casting you announce at a convention, that's the type of announcement that could dominate a week long news cycle on it's own.

Edited by JessePinkman
  • Love 1

Ms. Marvel? Cool. Shulkie? Also cool. Kit Harrington? No idea who he's going to be playing, but I hope it's not for The Eternals.

Moon Knight? I know very little about the character, other than he seems to be something of a Batman ripoff. Not particularly interested in that one.

Also, Kamala Khan isn't Marvel's first Muslim superhero, she's just the most famous. Sooraya Qadir, a young Afghan girl with the codename Dust, debuted in New X-Men in 2002 and later became a regular character in Academy X/New X-Men.

2 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I like Kit and would love for him and Richard to have a scene together again. I admit that he may not be a good actor, but he is not the worst actor either.

My thing with him being Wolverine is that he is too short for the role.

4 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I only read her comics and I love her. I LOVE HER. She is joy. I say pick up the first volume of Ms Marvel at the library and see what you think. 

Thanks! I will do that. I really WANT to like her because I love the concept of her. I just don't think I've seen the best of her! 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Uhhhhhhh........I don't think that's possible, unless Peter Dinklage is playing him.

Just now, scarynikki12 said:

I think comics Wolverine is something like 5’3. Kit’s too tall if anything though not as tall as Hugh. 

I did not know though. Ok. I stand corrected. 😀

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Is it this one? I found out that my local library offers Marvel comics through overdrive but I’ve had no clue where to start. All the different runs and editions gets me very confused.

8893E82C-761E-4029-840B-B01DE2D914AF.jpeg

Edited by Guest
4 minutes ago, Dani said:

Is it this one? I found out that my local library offers Marvel comics through overdrive but I’ve had no clue where to start. All the different runs and editions gets me very confused.

8893E82C-761E-4029-840B-B01DE2D914AF.jpeg

Yes! That’s the starting volume. 

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, Dani said:

Personally I think there are a lot of signs that Young Avengers is planned. The decision to age up Cassie Lang, Kate Bishop being in the Hawkeye series and now this news makes me think it will be sooner than later. 

I hope so. I've been secretly hoping they would bring this team to the big screen. And with the MCU introducing the Krees/Skrulls that pens the door for Teddy to make sense to the movie audience.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Enigma X said:

My thing with him being Wolverine is that he is too short for the role.

Wolverine is 5'3" he's actually still too tall being 5'8 (more like 5'6")

Sorry

Just saw the other replies

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Have they announced release dates for these shows? The ones they've previously announced won't be finished airing till 2021 (I think Hawkeye is the last one to air?). So are these all 2022 and later? That's a long time to keep anticipation going. 

If Kit is playing Wolverine, he'd be closer to the right height, but that's about it. I hope he's not though. 

That's a lot of content, I suppose it worked for the movies to announce the schedule for the next few years. I'm excited for She-Hulk. I would assume Mark Ruffalo will make an appearance. Unless they have her show take place after the transfusion. Wanda Vision sounds...weird. I'm curious how Darcy from the Thor movies fits in. 

• Love 3

Back to Spiderman for a minute. This may be a stupid question, but I'm not entirely clear on the rights. Sony just owns movie rights, correct? And Marvel owns TV rights? Animated, live action, doesn't matter? So why can't they sign Tom Holland for a Disney+ Spiderman show? Theoretically, they could ignore whatever would happen in a Sony Spiderman movie starring him as an alternate universe, outside of their canon. I think I've read Tom only has 1 movie left on his contract so once that is done, they could do a TV contract. Would it even fall under a non compete clause, since Marvel was part of his original contract? Barring using Tom Holland, they seem to have access to Miles and Gwen, etc. So why not a Miles Morales Spiderman show for streaming? I know that's not as satisfying as continuing with Peter, but with enough time passing, I think it could work. 

17 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

Back to Spiderman for a minute. This may be a stupid question, but I'm not entirely clear on the rights. Sony just owns movie rights, correct? And Marvel owns TV rights? Animated, live action, doesn't matter? So why can't they sign Tom Holland for a Disney+ Spiderman show? Theoretically, they could ignore whatever would happen in a Sony Spiderman movie starring him as an alternate universe, outside of their canon. I think I've read Tom only has 1 movie left on his contract so once that is done, they could do a TV contract. Would it even fall under a non compete clause, since Marvel was part of his original contract? Barring using Tom Holland, they seem to have access to Miles and Gwen, etc. So why not a Miles Morales Spiderman show for streaming? I know that's not as satisfying as continuing with Peter, but with enough time passing, I think it could work. 

The whole thing is messed up. Sony own the rights to the live action character in movies, while Marvel owns the merchandising and the tv rights. But Sony can still produce animated versions of the character. Technically Marvel can make Spider-man a streaming show if they wanted. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

John Campea just tweeted this: 

Heading in for the Disney Pictures presentation (Marvel, Lucasfilm, Pixar). Was just told by a Disney rep: "If you think the Obi-Wab pop was big yesterday, you haven't seen anything yet". We'll see.

This should start in an hour and D23 doesn’t allow live tweeting or recording (phones and cameras get bagged and everything) so we’ll have to watch for the official Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars accounts for whatever happens. I think the Episode 9 trailer is one but no idea on anything else. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

John Campea just tweeted this: 

This should start in an hour and D23 doesn’t allow live tweeting or recording (phones and cameras get bagged and everything) so we’ll have to watch for the official Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars accounts for whatever happens. I think the Episode 9 trailer is one but no idea on anything else. 

Episode IX trailer is definitely a possibility. X-Men is a more remote possibility (they're the only Marvel property that would get that much of a reaction). I don't know if the announcement of a deal being done between Disney and Sony would be considered that big.

Well they did announce an Obi-Wan series with Ewan MacGregor which I'm pretty stoked about...

I foolishly went into a comments section regarding Ms. Marvel. Way too many 'no one cares, bring back Spiderman' followed by bitching about Carol and a 'feminist' show revolving around her. Why? Because they admittedly only know the characters from the MCU so... 

But tell me more about fake geek girls, boys.

I was watching some D23 recaps with my sister from some of our favorite vloggers... some of whom also know nothing about comics. Regarding She-Hulk... "Hulk is a doctor, she's a lawyer, maybe they can get together and have babies..."

At which point I screamed. "THEY'RE COUSINS!! STOP BEING GROSS!!"

Also, I know they were just being cute or whatever but stop trying to attach every female to a man!!!

I am so hard core ready for Jen and Kamala to make their debuts. Now, Moon Knight I admit I know very little about... still interested though.

• Love 7

Okay, Kit Harrington as Black Knight is decent casting (if a bit of typecasting). I'm still struggling to care about The Eternals - the cast looks really good, but the characters really do nothing for me.

Have they officially confirmed that Lupita Nyong'o is back for Black Panther 2? I don't really know why they chose to make Okoye a part of the Avengers and not Nakia, unless it was down to Lupita's availability.

23 minutes ago, JessePinkman said:

Kit Harrington is Black Knight and Gemma Chan is Sersi. I believe they’re lovers in the com

Yes, no, sort of? LOL They were part of a Love Quadrangle (Quick Silver/Crystal/Black Knight/Sersi). I can live with Kit as Black Knight, he was a boring character (unless they do the Proctor storyline - which I doubt Kit will be good with)

Gemma Chan as Sersi is interesting, so much better then those awful rumors about Angelina Jolie.

Edited by Morrigan2575
14 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

Okay, Kit Harrington as Black Knight is decent casting (if a bit of typecasting). I'm still struggling to care about The Eternals - the cast looks really good, but the characters really do nothing for me.

Have they officially confirmed that Lupita Nyong'o is back for Black Panther 2? I don't really know why they chose to make Okoye a part of the Avengers and not Nakia, unless it was down to Lupita's availability.

The Avengers had a snapture surviving spy, two actually already.

Per Campea’s twitter feed: 

Tom Holland's last words before walking off stage is ”I know it's been a crazy week, but from the bottom of my heart I love you 3000"

Holland was on stage for a different project (Pixar I think). 

• Love 1

Holland was on stage for a different project (Pixar I think). 

Tom Holland's last words before walking off stage is ”I know it's been a crazy week, but from the bottom of my heart I love you 3000"

Wow, way to kill me. I'm betting Tom is as upset by this as the fans. 

1 hour ago, Raja said:

The Avengers had a snapture surviving spy, two actually already.

And if she'd been snapped, then that would be fine. But she just wasn't mentioned at all. I guess she had better things to do than help defend Wakanda against a full scale alien invasion.

4 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

And if she'd been snapped, then that would be fine. But she just wasn't mentioned at all. I guess she had better things to do than help defend Wakanda against a full scale alien invasion.

It is an oddity, she was never seen/mentioned again. I had assumed she was snapped but, who knows.

55 minutes ago, swanpride said:

Now I am completely confused...

Black Panther's girlfriend was a Wakandan War Dog, a spy. She was not in Infinity War or Endgame. Whereas the General of the King's Guard was part of the security council. When the sorcerers  grab the armies for the "on your left" moment the Wakandan Army was blipped back already mobilized from the battle when they got snaptured. So this time they also got their air force into the fight. But not a woman spy.

3 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

Have they officially confirmed that Lupita Nyong'o is back for Black Panther 2?

As per IMDB, there's no casting information at all for the Black Panther sequel, but The Rise of Skywalker is now in post-production and Lupita is on the set of something called 355, which seems to be an espionage movie. With Sebastian Stan, btw, but there's really no other information on it.