Type keyword(s) to search

Felicity Smoak: Bitch With Wifi

• Start Topic

Yeah, they later on showed a Strokes that kind of tossed a car around. (Hence the van roll over). Err on the side of caution and all. Plus it might have looked bad if Felicity tried to out and out kill her without also trying to rescue Diggle. Might have been more practical though ( or have Diggle finish her off) and yet I would have missed seeing Summer Glau's glorious hair again.

I would have missed seeing her glorious backside in those leather trousers. We all have our interests.

I'll be sad when they inevitably kill her at the end of the season, thus completely clearing the decks for three or four (or ten) new bad guys in season 3. Isabel could be a great antagonist for Oliver, in the long term. And with the way things are going, she could start the, 'I Fucked Oliver Queen And Now I Want To Kill Him Club' with Helena and Ghost Shado and whoever else Oliver might sleep with in the near future. That would be a group of supervillains beyond compare.

• Love 5

I would have missed seeing her glorious backside in those leather trousers. We all have our interests.

I'll be sad when they inevitably kill her at the end of the season, thus completely clearing the decks for three or four (or ten) new bad guys in season 3. Isabel could be a great antagonist for Oliver, in the long term. And with the way things are going, she could start the, 'I Fucked Oliver Queen And Now I Want To Kill Him Club' with Helena and Ghost Shado and whoever else Oliver might sleep with in the near future. That would be a group of supervillains beyond compare.

Dayum, if they don't do that in this show, I'm stealing the idea for a parody of the harem genre in manga.

I'm hoping we'll get to see another encounter between Felicity and Isabel - with glorious hair and ass for everyone.

• Love 2
(edited)

This is probably one of the best examples as to why the show will never kill off Felicity. And if they do, they would be really (really) stupid to. Reviews after reviews mention EBR and Felicity and how scenes with her are usually some of the best of the episode. 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 3

It doesn’t hurt that Bett Rickards appears to have studied at the “Joss Whedon school for power-house female characters” by which I mean that when she cries, I cry (a feat the Alyson Hannigan perfected back in the Buffy days).

My favorite, because I would cry with Willow.

• Love 1

The scene where Buffy is crying in Willow's lap about how much the breakup with Angel hurts, and Willow unwillingly starts to cry along HURTS ME. I can't watch that scene without crying until my nose is all stuffed up.

I really wish Felicity had some girlfriends. I want her to bond with Sara, though the way they handled the Sara/Oliver thing makes that tougher than it originally seemed like it would be.  But maybe now that they're broken up, we'll see Sara and Felicity enjoy some mint chip and bitching about how some people never replace the cotton pads in the med station after they're done, or whatever.

• Love 3

Speaking of, did EBR or the writers get the idea that Felicity likes mint chip ice cream from SA's love of it?   I happen to love mint chip too, so these things are SRS BZNS to know!

EBR got an honourable mention for TvLines's Performer of the Week.  

HONORABLE MENTION | Arrow fans love Felicity for the way she’s as quick with a quip as Oliver is with his bow, oft speaking on behalf of the audience on the super-crazy happenings around her. But portrayer Emily Bett Rickards this week showed us something else, as Arrow’s No. 1 gal fielded his defeatist “I have failed this city/Tommy/Moira/Shado” speech, then turned it around on him. “You honor the dead by fighting — and you are not done fighting,” she declared. After recounting the rogues gallery he has vanquished thus far — and while acknowledging that she, too, isn’t certain if they’ll beat Slade — she professed, “I know two things: You are not alone. And I believe in you.” And as Rickards displayed Felicity’s plucky resolve, we in turn believed in her.

• Love 3

Hey gang, we created a Speculation Without Spoilers topic and I moved a bunch of the Felicity speculation posts over there just for the sake of continuity. If you are looking for that conversation here's where to find it. The posts are still in the order they were here. Thanks! 

• Love 1

Maybe Slade will try to do that by kidnapping her and putting her in some kind of situation where either a) she'll be led to believe that he won't come and get her or b) she'll be led to believe that he'll think something else is more important than coming for her. Or some other kind of twisted thing that my mind can't quite imagine at this time of night, like, I really hope this doesn't happen - revealing a secret that Oliver's been keeping from her. He already did that with Thea, but...I don't know.

I'd like Slade to try and do something along those lines and then have Felicity impossible to shake.  Something along the lines of even if he can't save her, he is still a hero and nothing Slade can do will change that. 

GirlWednesday found this great blog post breaking down the first meeting scenes for Felicity/Oliver and Laurel/Oliver.  Jennifer Crusie focused on how important that first meeting is to drawing the audience in to be interested in the couple as characters in themselves.  I highly recommend reading it if you haven't already because she gives a great orderly rundown of elements of the "chemistry" most of us have observed:

http://www.arghink.com/2014/01/20/writing-the-first-meet-scene-arrow/

• Love 1

Was it Deathstroke that finally broke the string of terrible episodes?  (Or at least was considered more balanced with the way the characters were used)  I think there were 8 episodes between what I considered good episodes.  It made it very hard to hang on to hope.

I thought it was going to be Deathstroke, which I thought was a really good episode but then they did The Man Under The Hood followed by Seeing Red so I didn't think the chain was broken until City of Blood (minus Laurel in the Cave).

• Love 1

Yeah, I think "Deathstroke" was the first episode I felt the show was not treading water. We got a fuller picture of Slade's plans. Plus, in keeping with the thread topic, there was that great scene where Felicity got to to cut through Oliver's dithering and send him to get Thea.

8 episodes? Because of the Olympic hiatus and mini-breaks, the wait seemed longer to me than that.

(edited)

Was it Deathstroke that finally broke the string of terrible episodes? (Or at least was considered more balanced with the way the characters were used) I think there were 8 episodes between what I considered good episodes. It made it very hard to hang on to hope.

As far as I'm concerned 210-217 were filler episodes take them out of the show and you lose nothing as far as the main plot goes. I have no idea why but they seriously just treaded water with Deathstroke. Think of all the stuff they could have done with Slade's monolog, instead it's a last minute story of Quentin gets arrested for working with the Arrow to save Thea and Roy has a meltdown over Thea which leads to 220 and going mental. What's worse is that Quentin's story didn't stick not only is he out of jail, he's back on the force and got a promotion. I imagine Roy's issue will fade away now that he's been cured as well.

I'm still waiting for Felicity's corruption and given how they handled Roy & Quentin it seems likely that it will be something quick in 223. I'm still betting on her having to kill someone.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Since we don't have a Team Arrow thread that I could see, I'll post here.

Best parts of season 1 part 2 season 2 part 1 were the Felicity and Diggle moments working together. The team dynamics grew organically in bits and starts. Oliver didn't talk to Digg at first, just focused on the missions But slowly there was counselling and island sharing. With Felicity, it was more of a personal growth for Oliver/Felicity. Her body language changed, she became more confident. He allowed more people to come closer. All that is what I miss from the show. Stunts and all that are cool and hello ABS but it's just mission, panic and be depressed for parts of this last leg. It's like somehow they forgot what gave the show heart and soul.

• Love 2

I'm a little worried about how much change the EPs are planning for season 3. I love Team Arrow and I love Olicity and I really hated the first part of the back half of this season when Felicity and Digg faded in the background. so I hope they don't do that again next season. That said, I love how they've been writing Felicity lately. She's still making the funny quips but it's balanced with a lot of heart. And she gets to be a badass without literally kicking ass! I love that she gets to be ActionFelicity! without being OOC. So these writers can actually write a great female character, wow!

• Love 3
That said, I love how they've been writing Felicity lately. She's still making the funny quips but it's balanced with a lot of heart. And she gets to be a badass without literally kicking ass! I love that she gets to be ActionFelicity! without being OOC. So these writers can actually write a great female character, wow!

I think the show suffers from balance issues in general but they've certainly shown that Felicity can be the full deal, hopefully they're not full of BS when they talk about Felicity's backstory and such for S3.

I'd just like to bring over something awesome that Happy Harpy posted on TWoP:

Last year, what made an epic finale even more epic was Oliver beginning his journey to become a hero.

This year, what made a lackluster finale epic was a woman beginning her journey to become a heroine.

This woman is Felicity Smoak, and I fell in love with this character all over again. That's how you write a strong woman who doesn't physically kick ass.

Absolutely.  I am now completely and utterly unashamed to be a massive fan of Felicity.

She was pretty much spot-on perfect this week.  I also loved all of EBR's performances, especially when Slade had his sword to her throat.  No over-the-top screaming or whimpering (cough, Laurel), just little tics and tiny sounds to indicate that yes, she was actually terrified and in fear of her life.

• Love 2

For someone who hates needles, she sure didn't pause before ramming one into Slade's face, did she?

If Oliver's not careful, I think Nyssa might come back and steal Felicity away from him. Did you see the way she was eyefucking her, in that Arrow Cave scene? I imagine that Nyssa's not someone who is backwards in coming forwards.

Yeah, Felicity is the heroine of this show, and everyone knows it. She delivers all the vital information, she accepts the role of bait for the bad guy, yet still keeps her agency and plays the key role in defeating him, when no one else could. And through it all, she's funny, personable, sympathetic, engaging and completely viable as a love interest for the macho hero. I've been confused at how the writers keep juxtaposing all of the goodness of Felicity against the drabness of Laurel, and I feel like it just has to be a deliberate choice, now. That they've been consciously moving Felicity into this role as the leading lady of the show, and I hope they continue to do so.

• Love 6

Felicity is a fascinating character. I loved her when she was quips, knowing looks, babble and bad ass tech girl but she's grown this season in a manner that really highlights her partnership with Oliver and John.  

She's never been afraid to speak her mind but now it feels like Oliver almost waits for what she says before he acts sometimes.  She's not exposition girl.  She gets consulted and helps make decisions that affect all of them and when she has to, she takes the same risks or greater than anything Oliver and Diggle or Sara or Roy have done and all the pieces and parts of her are seamless. 

Diggle so often is the action man, the doer while Felicity serves to detangle Oliver's mind.  In turn, it's Diggle that helps Felicity with her confusion. 

I'm not sure where I'm going with this except to say Arrow has an incredible character on their hands and I hope they don't squander what they have running after the dream of something they haven't been able to bring to life.  

• Love 7

Felicity is absolutely just as much of a hero as Oliver. She has repeatedly throughout this season brought Oliver out of his manpain and encouraged him to find solutions to his problems when he just gave up. And she got to depower Slade with the Mirakure. 

If Oliver is such an idiot that he can't see what's in front of him (meaning if TIIC ever go back to the O/L well), then I hope to see a Sara/Nyssa/Felicity funtime adventure series. 

• Love 3
(edited)

pootlus, you got your wish. Did you notice that when Slade said he was holding "the one you love" and Oliver thought it was Laurel, he was all "Do what you have to, I'm done playing your games", and then he finds out it's Felicity and the next scene is him stalking Slade.  

Nice to know Oliver appreciates the difference in the women too.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

For someone who hates needles, she sure didn't pause before ramming one into Slade's face, did she?

I like to think she was thinking about Vertigo in that moment that helped motivate her to do it, along with you know, surviving.

No I love it. I just saw something on tumblr where the girl  who plays Cyn said she was the captain. I guess they will have to have a ship off. Not sure what that would look like. I'm kinda embarrassed at how much I ship it. I put all the 13 yr old fan girls to shame.

• Love 2
(edited)

I know both Bex (Sin) and Celina Jade (Shado) were reading and recommending Olicity fanfiction on twitter. SA also gets a lot of crap from a particular part of fandom on his FB page because he's always posting Olicity stuff (like the Tangled pic).

I'm not watching S3 (except for Feliicty related vids on youtube and following along here).  However my hopes for Felicity in S3, we get to meet her family, maybe a friend, she gets a job or starts up her own company and isn't working for Oliver, especially not as his EA which I hated.  I would very much  like to see her learn some more self defense (Dig was supposed to be training her in 218 but looks like that got cut).  

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2