Type keyword(s) to search

Felicity Smoak: Bitch With Wifi

• Start Topic

Am I right in thinking Felicity is the only one who has been consistently straight with Oliver? Never lied or manipulated him, never hid anything from him? If so, it stands to reason he would be more inclined to listen to her.

That's my impression as well, and it's why I feel like there is such great chemistry in a mutual-respect/friendship sort of way aside from any questions of romance.

• Love 1
Am I right in thinking Felicity is the only one who has been consistently straight with Oliver? Never lied or manipulated him, never hid anything from him? If so, it stands to reason he would be more inclined to listen to her.

And where does Diggle stand?

Diggle manipulated him into paying for the guard's medical bills early in season 1.  Not saying that what Diggle did was wrong because it was a lesson Oliver needed to learn, but it was a manipulation.

I think Oliver trusts Diggle and Felicity equally, but I think he is more open and real with Diggle than anyone else. Not because he thinks Felicity might break his trust, but because I think he still has a lot of guilt and he doesn't want to lose her good opinion of him. He knows she has a strong moral code, and I don't think he likes talking to her about some of his dark times. Also, he doesn't ever want her in jeopardy, and he has complicated feelings for her. These are things he doesn't have to worry about with Dig, so I think their relationship is by nature more open and honest at this stage. I think about Three Ghosts, when he pulled Diggle aside to ask him if he thought he was going crazy. Oliver doesn't want Felicity to see him like that.

He's getting there--he and Felicity have had moments of real honesty with each other this season; he's opening up more about the island now and acknowledging that he needs other people. I like the development there, because it feels very natural.

• Love 4

Once more, Felicity was a breath of fresh air in this episode. An efficient breath of fresh air.

I like the development there, because it feels very natural.

Me too, I'm very glad for it. I wouldn't like her to be forced in everywhere. I'd love to see her and Thea interact -well, neither of them had much airtime for a while, to start with- but I'm perfectly fine with waiting for the good moment, plot-wise.

Inside the Team Arrow dynamic, I also find it very realistic that Oliver turns to one person or another, depending on the situation. I also love that it isn't only Oliver-centric. Diggle and Felicity rely on each other, too. So in my eyes, when any two members of the trio share a moment, it isn't at the sake of the third. It only reinforces the whole in my eyes.

• Love 3

In retrospect, though, I'm wondering if that scene was more meant to start showing that Oliver doesn't listen to Sara - even though he does listen to others, mostly but not just Felicity?

I guess Oliver doesn't always listen to Felicity either after 2.19 . When has ever always listened to anyone though. (Definately not Diggle either, about Helena)

Edited by Conell

Loved Felicity in this episode. I felt bad for her when she found out about Iris. 

It was like Felicity just realized that even though she had spent a lot of time thinking and worrying over Barry, their relationship still amounted to not much more than that of strangers.  I get the feeling that Barry, even in his coma, was a convenient way for Felicity to feel not so alone. 

Now for myself, I was very pleased to hear about Iris.  I'm glad to know Felicity's connection to Barry and the Flash won't be stretched out for long.   

• Love 2

I guess Oliver doesn't always listen to Felicity either after 2.19 . When has ever always listened to anyone though. (Definately not Diggle either, about Helena)

I think Oliver thought he had a little bit more time to talk to Thea. Not much, but it wasn't as pressing as getting to Slade while he was supposedly at a weakened state (of course, Oliver later found out Slade wasn't the blood donor). Similar situation in 2x09 ("Three Ghosts") when he left to confront Cyrus Gold. I can't remember his line but it was basically "I've no choice, I gotta do this."

Felicity makes a better connection than Oliver or Diggle. She can show up in the Flash pilot, have some flirty words with Barry and then head back to the Arrowcave.

• Love 1
I think Oliver thought he had a little bit more time to talk to Thea.

He might have, he might not, he is taking a gamble. The point remains he chose to go with his own ideas instead of Felicity's. Good intentions and idea btw for Felicity to try and help Oliver save his family's fortune but it was a "selfish" one, Felicity even said this as much she knows what Oliver has to do first. Well  for someone like Oliver as the city protector, the city and the mission comes first,  nomatter how much your personal life is in jeopardy. This is the reason why Oliver didnt listen to Felicity's suggestion.  

I think the show runners will always use Felicity to connect the two shows.

Felicity is in a difficult position on the show right now.  She's been labeled a fan favorite and since she's not all super powered (cause no one considers epic hacking a super power for some reason) she also seen as the eyes of the audience to some extent.  That means TPTB have a very powerful character in their hands.  She's liked (save some early season over exposure) so TPTB use her and hope that her audience goodwill will rub off on the new guy - Barry and his crew. 

It happened over on Smallville with Chloe.  They liked to pair her with new characters like Jimmy and Davis Bloom with the idea that if Chloe likes these people then the audience naturally would trust her say so. 

I'm ok with what they have done with Felicity so far, mostly because Barry didn't turn out to be a tool and I think they will stop using her to pimp The Flash once The Flash gets picked up (and I think it will barring weird financial issues)

What I fear is what they do with her next.  I want her to stay her own character and not be used to prop up someone else.  Yes, she does a lot to prop up Oliver but at least he is the lead on the show, not some side character of lesser importance.  On Smallville they were so eager to promote Jimmy Olsen that they weakened and undermined the "fan favorite" and IMO her characterization never completely recovered.  Maybe I'm borrowing trouble but I'm not sure the show runners know what to do with Felicity.

I know what I think they should do, which is let the characters grow naturally in the way that the show has already hinted, but of course we have the threat of comics cannon possibly getting in the way which means to me that the show runners won't know what to do with Felicity and that worries me as much as anything. 

Yeah, this is kind of a rambling post but I hope some of it makes sense. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

This is just a rumor but apparently there is talk going around the comicbook community, that Jeff Lemiere (current writer of Green Arrow 52 Title) is planning on bringing Felicity into the Title. Diggle has been slowly integrated and it looks like he's going to play a big part in the next story arc.

The big problem is Naomi and Fyffe, they essentially do what Felicity does on the show, so Felicity isn't really needed on Team GA unless one or both die or leave the team. So I really don't know if it's true or just talk, but it would be interesting to see how much influence Arrow has on the comics.

So far it's just a rumor, in the comics Oliver already has 2 characters that fill the felicity role. I have no idea if or how she'll be included but there is talk that Jeff Lemiere is interested. Jeff Lemiere is also planning Moira flashbacks and bringing Tommy into the story (he's not dead in the comics).

Edited by Morrigan2575

Its likely just wishful thinking.

I have not seen any new evidence that Lemire has changed his mind,(the last i recall of his opinion on this issue, being he wasnt going to add Felicity because the series had Naomi who does a similar role). He has talked about bringing Katana and some of GA's rogues Drakon, Richard etc.

Edited by Conell

Katana and Richard Dragon were brought into the title during the Outsiders War story. As far as Felicity, I really don't know, could be wishful thinking could be something he's said recently.

I agree that Naomi serves a similar function which is why I don't think you can have both at the same time. However a flashback with Felicity being part of the original Team Green Arrow (like Diggle) would make sense.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Felicity Smoak doesn't exist in the current comics, she was never brought back after the Flashpoint Reboot (as far as I know) so she could be whatever DC wants.  

Point of Reference:

Here's the original Clock King - http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081213045519/batman/images/e/ed/Clock_King.png

Here's the new 52 Clock King - http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/6/66303/3154372-screen+shot+2013-07-05+at+4.21.52+pm.png

If DC wants to capitalize on Arrow's fanbase they could bring her into the Green Arrow title as she is on the show, assuming Jeff Lemiere is willing, he's already got Naomi and Fyff so who knows?  I haven't found any recent comments from Lemiere on the subject; it's possible that he's going to do it in some form, it's possible it's all wishful thinking on the part of the fans.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Oh! I didn't know she never brought back. I always thought that was her current avatar. If it is not then I would soo love to see her revamped up. I also wouldn't mind if she made some appearance in the current Arrow. 

I hope they don't make Slade, Fyers, or Ivo Felicity's father! If they are going to make her father a supervillain, I hope they make it someone new. Someone we haven't seen yet. 

If they've brought her back I can't find any reference to it online. Green Arrow just brought Vertigo, Shado and The Clock King back in 2013 (2 years after the reboot) so it's not surprising that a tiritiary character hasn't been reborn yet.

On the show I gave up hope that Felicity would be normal when they said her backstory had to be pushed to S3 and the fact that they keep talking it up. It could be total BS but I resigned to the fact that her father will be a villain and probably sometime ridiculous like Slade, Ivo or Fryers.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I resigned to the fact that her father will be a villain and probably sometime ridiculous like Slade, Ivo or Fryers.

Oh, how about it there was a mix up / crazy comicbook accident  at the fertility center resulting in Felicity being the daughter of Slade, Ivo AND Fryers.  

I kid but don't expect the reality to be much less eye rolling.   

• Love 1
Oh, how about it there was a mix up / crazy comicbook accident  at the fertility center resulting in Felicity being the daughter of Slade, Ivo AND Fryers. 

I kid but don't expect the reality to be much less eye rolling.

Oh fun Sit-Com...My 3 Psychos.  Deadshot can show up as the snarky uncle

Or add in Harley Quinn as the mom and we can have a soap...All My Psychos...

• Love 1

Sara breaks up with Oliver but I'm in the Felicity thread since how the break up impacts Felicity is what I want to talk about.  

It's been my opinion all along that Felicity is the character that best brings in the light to Oliver's darkened world so when Sara said Oliver deserved to be with someone who could harness that light that was still inside of him, I did immediately think of Felicity. 

That said, I resisted reading much into it even though the first time I watched the scene I thought I saw Sara glance at where Felicity had been standing.  Then I dismissed that as Sara just getting ready to walk away and Oliver stopping her. 

I finished the show and then hit the boards and reads some show runner interviews and this particular quote from TV Guide kind of scared me. 

Now that Oliver is learning firsthand how dangerous keeping his extra-curricular activities a secret can be, he may be forced to be more honest before the season is over. "He hasn't told Laurel [Katie Cassidy], and it's because he had an idea in his head that she shouldn't know," Kreisberg says. "You guys will all see that he was wrong and he's going to find out that he was wrong not to tell her because she could handle it."

Really any mention of Laurel and Oliver worries me.  If Laurel had been anything in this episode besides a reminder of how bad a fit she was with Oliver I would worry/assume the person that would be able to bring Oliver to the light would some how end up being Laurel even though that makes no sense in the context we've seen these characters.  

Anyway, I did end up rewatchng Seeing Red and in particular the scene where Sara is telling Oliver he deserves to be with the person who can "harness the light" inside him.  I noticed that despite Felicity saying she wants some dimsun, she doesn't leave and is actually there in the background the whole time Sara and Oliver are talking and Sara DOES turn and look exactly where Felicity would be just after she says she's not the person (or ever will be) that brings Oliver to the light.  I still told myself Sara was just turning to go but when Sara actually DOES turn to leave she walks in a totally different direction. 

So.  Does that mean anything?????  It seemed like it was filmed in a pretty pointed manner but once it was on screen it wasn't what I'd call blatant.  On the other hand, we did have a couple scenes with Felicity being the one Oliver is leaning on. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

It seemed like it was filmed in a pretty pointed manner but once it was on screen it wasn't what I'd call blatant.  On the other hand, we did have a couple scenes with Felicity being the one Oliver is leaning on.

I think it was made ambiguous to throw a bone to Felicity/Oliver's shippers (and wow, it seems they're legions!); but it didn't bother me. I prefer being free of my own interpretation and I liked that nothing was blatant or forced. For me Felicity (along with Diggle) is the one Oliver leans on and relies on, not necessarily in a romantic sense. So their scenes weren't out of place and on the opposite, I've appreciated that in the last couple of episodes, she was showed again in what is imo her rightful place at Oliver's side.

As for your fears, there was a spoiler (I can't remember where, sorry...on zap2it maybe?) saying that those last two episodes would open the opportunity for "rekindling a past relationship" far, far along the way...so well (except, no, not well at all).

I hope they won't screw up with the character of Felicity. I wonder what role she's going to play in Slade's revenge. Was Slade the man behind Count Vertigo? I wonder if he knows that Oliver killed again to save her. Anyway, he has to know that she's an important presence in his life through her role in Team Arrow and yet, she was entirely spared so far.

The glance Sara gave at the end seemed pretty ambiguous, and have to agree with Happy Harpy that if anything, it was a bone to Olicity shippers, but not much more than that.

Things that did seem to be foreshadowing Oliver/Felicity:  Sara's comment that "you deserve better," echoing Felicity's comment back in the Russia episode, the fact that Oliver ended up almost falling into her and then leaning on her, and the reminder once again that Felicity keeps seeing the good in people, although I hope she has some snarky comments when she finds out about Oliver's kid next season.

That said...as much as I ship Oliver/Felicity, I'm kinda hoping there isn't something between them in the next three episodes, partly because Oliver just broke up with Sara and mostly because I really can't think of another fictional character outside of Fitz on Scandal less ready for a functional relationship right now. I'd rather the show wait until some point next season.   I did love the "you're really heavy" bit and the tight leather pants bit, though.

And I'm thinking we need a "relationships" thread for this show like the one the OUAT forum has, so I will see if I can start one.

• Love 3

Yeah, I don't think anything romantic is going to happen with Oliver and Felicity this season for a lot of reasons. I'm cool with that. But I do agree with Sara that it would be better for Oliver to be with someone who encourages the human, hero side of him. I don't know when he'll be ready for that, and I'm not in any rush for it as a viewer, but that is what Felicity represents in my mind. 

I don't think we'll see anything this soon either. Seems like they'd want to ramp up to it at least a little, with some sort of jealousy/yearning angle. They haven't done that at all, and while I'm not usually that surprised when the show just chucks new stuff in with no build up, I would be on this occasion.

However, I wouldn't be surprised to see Oliver bang Laurel again before the season ends. Because she's so speshul.

I think Felicity has to be the long term romantic partner for Oliver, what with the way the writers seem to protect their relationship from any of the angst and drama, and the way that the idea of Oliver needing someone "better" and who can "bring light". No one else fits that bill, especially since Drunky Brewster started chugging back booze and pills.

Even when she doesn't get much to do, I still find Emily Bett Rickards steals the show. Great little one liners, but also the ability to switch emotional states as quickly as required. She manages to combine the feeling that she's out of her depth with the feeling that she has everything completely in hand, and it's a nice dichotomy. Felicity always comes across as a rock for Oliver, and always seems to have the utmost faith in him, which in turn seems to help him stay as strong as he needs to be.

With the show becoming as grim as it has over the course of this season, she's more important than ever, in my view. Just those little moments of levity she brings are really all the show has to stop viewers' from frowning through the entire episode.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 8

I've been wondering if the other person that has to die according to Slade won't be Laurel but instead Felicity. Felicity pushed him to stop killing. She softens him. She is in a way his light. With Laurel, there's a lot of angst, drama and dirty laundry there. Someone like Felicity actually brings a calmness to him. Plus the montage in the episode Slade came back, he said the "corrupt those he loves" and they showed Felicity and the other two shown, Det. Lance and Roy, have already suffered in the hands of Slade. This leaves her as the one character shown in that montage to still not be affected.

• Love 1

It seems possible Felicity would be it, especially since producer interviews have them saying the person Slade is targeting will come as a big surprise.  (Of course take "big surprise" with a grain of salt or the whole damn shaker since their idea of a big surprise so far hasn't matched up with mine) 

I think the most obvious person would be Sara closely followed by Laurel since Oliver carried her picture around with him, but Slade seems kind of uninterested in Sara (plus is she even around?)  And he's already knocked on Laurel's door and done nothing.  Plus If he'd been spying on him this year, why would he think he and Laurel really mean anything to each other?   

Sara DOES turn and look exactly where Felicity would be just after she says she's not the person (or ever will be) that brings Oliver to the light.  I still told myself Sara was just turning to go but when Sara actually DOES turn to leave she walks in a totally different direction

I really wanted to think this was a subtle but meaningful choice but someone pointed out that Roy was also laid out on the table behind Sara (and kind of in front of Felicity) so the over the shoulder glance could very well have been about Roy and the darkness rather than Felicity and the light.  Or maybe it could mean both?  ;) 

I posted this over at TWoP but I thought I might as well bring it over here, too. Because I've decided that I'm about 98% sure that Felicity will be that one more person that Slade wants to take and kill in the finale.

I was randomly thinking, about what was said over at TWoP, regarding Slade knowing about how Felicity is someone Oliver cares about and planting bugs or surveillance cameras to watch everyone else connected to him (stalker much, Slade?). So we know he put some in the Queen mansion to watch Oliver's family. He might have put some in the foundry, too, to watch Team Arrow. It would have been great if they showed us that he did that so we know he's monitoring the lair. But, the thing is, Slade doesn't really need to put cameras in the foundry, or see Oliver cartwheeling Felicity over the stairs to safety, to know that Felicity is someone that's very important to Oliver (and it doesn't even have to be in a romantic sense). Isabel was trying to acquire then started to actually work at Queen Consolidated. Knowledge about them wouldn't just be due to the nasty rumors because Oliver made Felicity his EA. There are, very likely, security cameras all over inside that building. All he needs is access to it, which Isabel can provide. Ms. Rochev could've planted bugs to listen in on Oliver's office, as well.

And, voila! Slade could've watched how they saved each other when the Hood copycats burst into QC. He would've seen how, with the help of Felicity, Walter aided Oliver in saving his company (the first time). He would've known that Oliver pulled Felicity from IT and brought her 18 floors up to keep her close. He would've had front seats to Oliver killing the Count to save Felicity, as well as the aftermath. And let's not forget the "because of the life that I lead" moment after Russia. He might've even thought something of how Oliver reacted to seeing Barry. All their little moments at QC would definitely look interesting and useful to Slade's agenda. The most important thing, for Slade, about Felicity (and Diggle!), though, is that she really trusts/believes in Oliver and is very instrumental to him becoming a hero. Shado was all those, too. It doesn't matter that they're not sleeping together or that Oliver didn't have her picture in the island. Or that Oliver might not even realize how important Felicity is to him. Slade has been watching and he knows. He saw/sees something he must "corrupt" to break Oliver.

Funny, though, that this might mean that the writers of this show knew what they were doing with the "Olicity pandering" in the beginning of season 2. It wasn't really just pandering or ship teasing but something meant to serve a purpose for their Slade-related endgame of the season. Anyway, I never took the majority of their scenes together as pandering (a few, maybe). I've always believed those scenes between those two were meant to show how their relationship was developing and slowly becoming more complex than just colleagues for justice. I dunno. This is a very rambly speculation. I mean, I'm actually saying that the writers definitely planned all these and I am so not their biggest fan. In fact, the EP interviews are the bane of my Arrow enjoyment. If they did plan this, then kudos?! If this was nothing but follies of my mind then, in my defense, I can't sleep and I've had some wine. Hee.

• Love 3

Adding fuel to the fire that Slade's target in the finale will be Felicity: the producers said way back in February that the conversation between Felicity/Oliver in "Heir to the Demon" about her father/his mother would be referenced in the finale. I know a lot of people assumed that meant we'd get more information about her father in the finale, which I think was a pretty reasonable guess, but now I'm wondering if it's instead going to reference the "just the thought of losing someone that important to me again," "Hey, you're not going to lose me," bit.

Or the producers changed their mind/forgot by the time they actually filmed/edited the episode, but I think it's very possible that the last episode may have something that mirrors that dialogue bit.

• Love 1

IIRC, they said the conversation would come back in two big ways. That's way the main speculation always lead to Felicity's father being Ivo or Slade or someone else from the Island that Oliver killed/knew, etc.

For example one of the big ones is that Ivo is Felicity's father, Oliver knew all along and that will result in Felicity losing Oliver, etc.

Or that Slade is Felicity's father and Oliver kills him in the finale which results in Felicity losing both her father and Oliver

However, it's entirely possible that the 2 Big Ways aren't related. For example we could have the losing Oliver totally independent of her father coming back/being revealed etc.

There's only 3 episodes left, I don't think any of those hints about Felicity's father that are going to show this has been planned since S1 have come to light yet. So it's entirely possible that the producers are full of shit.

Best Lead Performance by a Female in a Dramatic Series:

Emily Bett Rickards, Arrow - Three Ghosts

I think it's great that she's nominated and I wish her luck in her career but I don't think there's any way she can win this because even though she's in Three Ghosts a fair bit, she doesn't have that much to do.  Kristin Lehman is nominated for an episode in which she tries to take down a very creepy Amanda Tapping playing a psychologist and Erica Durrance submitted an episode where she reacts to her brother dying and finally finding out her fiance's deep dark secret.  (I don't know Carmen Moore's episode because my cable company cut me off APTN.)  You can't compare EBR to either of them because Arrow has never asked her to do much more than 'quirky' or 'worried'.

So while part of me is worried at  Felicity being a damsel in distress given what they've done to Laurel, another part would  like to see her being given the chance to show whether she has some real acting chops as Susannah Thompson and even Willa Holland has been given lately.

But if it is Felicity that Slade kidnaps, what is Laurel doing on the island?

Edited by statsgirl

IIRC, they said the conversation would come back in two big ways. That's way the main speculation always lead to Felicity's father being Ivo or Slade or someone else from the Island that Oliver killed/knew, etc.

That honestly seems like a Grand Canyon leap in logic.  The conversation she had with Oliver had nothing to do with the island, the episode flashbacks had nothing to do with the island; Ivo wasn't even in it and Slade barely so.  They've had plenty of opporunity to put in some foreshadowing but instead all we know is Ivo had a wife and Slade had a wife and son.  Ivo is dead and Slade will hopefully be so by the end of the season (I know Manu is rumored to be recurring next year, I'm hoping it's just to throw off the finale; I'm ready to be done with Slade).  If all she's going to be dealing with is the resulting angst of the death a father who abandoned her and then brought nothing but pain and destruction to her life, her city and her friends it just seems like a limited, wasted storyline for something they've supposedly had in mind since S1 (yeah, sure) and that was too much for this season.  And I haven't even mentioned how contrived it all is.

Why not assume instead that the conversation will come back in a way that would propel new story for S3?  And what about her mother?  Poor mom gets the shaft in all the speculation I've seen.  Maybe she's a villain?  There must be some female villains in the DC archives they can use, no? 

But if it is Felicity that Slade kidnaps, what is Laurel doing on the island?

Do we know Laurel's on the island?  I mean, obviously, we don't even know if Felicity's on the island, but I know EBR was rumored to have filmed, and people think David was in one of her photos.  I hadn't seen mention of Katie being there . Maybe that's what AK (I think?) meant when he said there'll be new sets next year - everybody's going native!

• Love 1

Or that Slade is Felicity's father and Oliver kills him in the finale which results in Felicity losing both her father and Oliver

This is, perhaps, the weirdest and most unbelievable leap of speculation that I've read around the interwebs. And I have seen people suggest this a lot. Because, unless they make Felicity incredibly witless then it just doesn't fly. She's seen Slade and she's heard his voice. She knows who he is. Unless they do a massive retcon and say she has prosopagnosia or is slightly deaf in one or both ears then Felicity would have known Slade was the father that left her behind. She remembers him enough to know how painful his leaving was so hearing his voice or seeing his face should trigger memories of said father.

And what about her mother?  Poor mom gets the shaft in all the speculation I've seen.  Maybe she's a villain?  There must be some female villains in the DC archives they can use, no?

I know, right? There's been too much focus on Felicity's maybe-evil dad. Was it ever revealed who the woman was that Fyers was following orders from in S1? Maybe, that was Felicity's mom. My preference would still be that her parents are actually regular people, not connected to the island or Oliver Queen. Somebody has to have had a normal-ish background on the show. But if they get Lucy Lawless (Spartacus connection!) or Amanda Tapping for Felicity's mom? I might not mind so much if she turns out to be a secret hero/vigilante/villain.

Maybe that's what AK (I think?) meant when he said there'll be new sets next year - everybody's going native!

Party at Lian Yu! The busiest and most crowded, supposedly, remote/deserted penal colony island of China!

Edited by SleepDeprived

Well, the producers have also said that the next three episodes feature Oliver having to choose what he's going to be - is he going to be a hero, or not?  It could be something along the lines of Oliver fearing he'll lose Felicity if he is/isn't a hero or vice versa - we've had several scenes establishing that they both get concerned about each other, so that isn't a stretch.

Or, if Sara takes off with the LoA, Thea and Roy take off with Malcolm, Diggle heads off to A.R.G.U.S., Big Belly Burger closes down and the Salmon Ladder is destroyed, leaving Oliver convinced that he's All Alone, this could just be Felicity saying hey, you're not going to lose me and opening her mouth to say more, to be interrupted by a phone call.  "Sorry, Oliver - I have to take this. It's my mother."  Cue look of shock.  "She says my dad just came home."  End scene.  That would certainly infuriate a lot of fans. 

• Love 1

I've been speculating for a while now that whatever happens in the final would result in Felicity having to go away. I don't know the circumstance be it kidnapped, missing, or just having to go home but I'm guessing we're going to get another time jump to match the summer hiatus but this time Oliver won't be the one that takes off.

I think it would be a nice contrast if Oliver had to start off season three convincing Diggle and Felicity to return, after they had to convince him to return at the beginning of the second season. 

And given the ongoing insistence that Oliver is inexplicably completely out of money (how?) and may have problems paying them, I can see that being part of the problem - Felicity pointing out that Microsoft is paying her a lot of money to develop Bing - just look at this awesome tablet and all the things Bing can find for you, also making Windows 9.0, an even better operating system for superheroes on the go., and Oliver going, "Felicity! Windows 8.1 is so annoying I can't find criminals without you!"  "Oliver! That's why I have to stay at Microsoft!"

...er, sorry. I recently upgraded computers and I may have some residual bitterness about Windows 8.1.

• Love 3

Thanks for the heads up, quarks! That totally justifies why I have been putting off upgrading to Windows 8.1 ever since they announced it. No, Microsoft, I don't care if it's free in your store!

Hey, to the more knowledgeable comic book fans, would it be out of the realm of believability if The Question turned out to be Felicity's father? I really only know him through the DCAU's JLU (and I liked him!) so I know he had a thing with The Huntress/Helena. But, say the show reimagines The Question, would it work that he could be Felicity's dad? I'm only wondering because I remember there was talk of him, possibly, coming onto the show last year since Guggenheim, I think, really likes his character. And I know I saw a screencap of a white question mark on a barrel or something, like an easter egg, from one of the episodes of season 1. So, could it be possible?

And I know I saw a screencap of a white question mark on a barrel or something, like an easter egg, from one of the episodes of season 1. So, could it be possible?

Interesting idea.  I also recall one of the Producer interviews saying they'd planted hints back in season one that they were excited to see fulfilled. 

The Mother never seemed to be that important in the conversation, my mother is my mother...nothing big about that IMO.  She's probably just some normal maybe slightly overbearing mother.

But the big things in that comment seemed to be about Felicity's father and losing someone close to her again.  I think that's why people keep focusing on Father/Losing Oliver combo.

• Love 1

The Mother never seemed to be that important in the conversation, my mother is my mother...nothing big about that IMO.  She's probably just some normal maybe slightly overbearing mother.

But the big things in that comment seemed to be about Felicity's father and losing someone close to her again.  I think that's why people keep focusing on Father/Losing Oliver combo.

That's what I figured about her mother. I think it would be interesting for them to introduce her, before they throw us into the inevitable, 'Felicity's dad is a supervillain!' nonsense, just so that we can see that Felicity does come from a normal upbringing.

The writers of this show seem to be obsessed with tying every little thing back to Oliver though, so I imagine that I'll be rolling my eyes in irritation when the reveal happens.

As for Felicity being Slade's target, I guess it's the easy way to go to create drama, so it's probably what they'll do. As long as Felicity isn't hurt in the process, I don't mind. But I just hope the writers are still aware of what made people like her in the first place. And it wasn't her being a damsel in distress or being as dark and angsty as the main character.

Honestly, if they REALLY wanted to go for the pain, Felicity would actually have been working for Slade all along. That she and he have been working on a really long game to get Oliver's trust and keep an eye on him before stabbing him in the back. I'm not saying that's what is going on, especially not with them having basically done that with Isabel, but it would explain how Slade got into the Arrowlair without anyone noticing.

• Love 2
Felicity would actually have been working for Slade all along

That would just be an OMG moment only with no real story or evidence to go along with it unless they do a lot of retconning. And, majority would turn against the show even more thinking it just another way to make the Lance sisters look good. JMO

• Love 1

I just want to take another moment to applaud the "Bitch with Wi-fi" line.

Seriously, that whole bit was great. Diggle announces that an interrogation is about to begin. Felicity shows up. I'm like - oh, man, they are NOT going to turn Felicity into a torturer, right?  Maybe she has drugs? 

And then fifteen seconds later Greenpeace has another million dollars in its coffers. I cracked up.

• Love 3

Even in a show as joyless and miserable as this has become, Felicity can still raise a smile more than once per episode.

Loved her unabashed lust for the ARGUS kit, and the idea that just touching such an amazing computer was a thrill for her. And I loved her 'interrogation' of Blood's minion, which seems far more effective than any other method could have been. Hitting someone in the wallet is probably the most surefire way of defeating their loyalty to their masters.

I also think EBR really sold Felicity's distress about Oliver's latest emotional catastrophe, and his determination to sacrifice himself (as if Slade would ever let him take the easy way out. Dumbass tried to offer himself up last week, and Slade wasn't buying). The connection between them is sold by the actors as though they are the endgame pairing, and the emotional core of the show. But then there's Laurel, muscling in where few people seem to want her.

• Love 2