Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: The Book of Rebellion, Chapter Three: Angelitos Negros

• Start Topic

"I always told you I'd have your back!!"

Booooooooooooooooooo. Honestly, Tobias isn't anywhere near the worst villain around, he makes a worthy antagonist to Black Lightning, but it feels like he had planned for that moment the instant Khalil got the implant. I figure if the average person can pull off a non-lethal Fatality, they'd do it. I think ripping a spinal implant out and dumping Khalil in the street would be inspired by Mortal Kombat.

Masters of Disaster? Another old-school Outsiders reference.

Still hoping Jefferson gets a major win soon. I know the series is about adversity and overcoming it, but the guy's gotten smacked around too often. And fooling rednecks into giving him a recharge doesn't count.

• Love 4

Aw, man. I was right; they incapacitated Khalil instead of killing him. But I really thought he was dead for a minute there.

I thought this was a strong episode to come back on. The music continues to be on point. Finally some movement with Tobias and the suitcase and his plans. Glad we'll be getting back to the pod kids/metahumans.

Glad that Jen is back home. One thread that's still loose is who tried to assassinate Gambi? And Grace's powers(?), I guess.

• Love 1

I am glad Jen came back. I am also glad they avoid the tv trope of girl losing her V-card while on the run. I knew Khalil was a goner to be honest. Jefferson and company know the Police force are corrupt and they still trusted them just because there is one honest cop they know. Thunder and BL both should have followed the vehicle until it was at least out of the city. 

13 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

They kidnapped Khalil  and killed all those police

Speaking of which, Cutter SOMEHOW manages to take down an entire FBI convoy of SWAT officers armed with a assault rifles with a... knife. Even if she's a Meta, which I can't remember, Cutter hasn't been built up to be anywhere near badass enough to make her taking all those cops out by herself believable. It's no wonder they didn't bother to actually show it, besides budget reasons. Could the police or in this case the FBI BE more blatantly useless? It would have been much easier to buy if like half the FBI had been working for Tobias and just shot the other half while Cutter provided the distraction.

I thought a good part of the reason Tobias was after Khalil was he could have ratted on him, leaving him alive kinda means Khalil still can. On top of that (though I doubt they'll mention it) Khalil now has a nice piece of evidence in the form of a removed mechanical spine that should have Tobias' fingerprints all over it.

Edited by immortalfrieza
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, immortalfrieza said:

Speaking of which, Cutter SOMEHOW manages to take down an entire FBI convoy of SWAT officers armed with a assault rifles with a... knife.

How no one opened fire on her ass after she's already killed a cop, I'll never know.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, possibilities said:

Did Khalil survive? He had half his back wide open and he was lying in the street. He'd bleed to death in seconds, if nothing else. The pastor was saying God would be with him soon, he wasn't saying "Call 911!"

I think the pastor asked someone else to call 911. I also think there is a possibility Khalil could survive. 

7 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

Khalil is a named character on a TV show. That means that if a wound does not kill him immediately, it's not going to.

My logic was that the scene with the pastor would have been his definitive death scene if they were really killing him in this episode; but he was still (mostly) alive at the end. Because, yeah - having that thing ripped from his back seemed pretty fatal.

I thought the return was really good and didn't disappoint. I was on edge the entire episode. But the entire episode I had a nervous feeling that Khalil was going to die, but couldn't figure how and boy I definitely did not predict Tobias would destroy him in that manner. I really like Khalils character, but loved how Tobias looked like he was in pure ectasy after attacking Khalil. He's a sick twisted man, but a very entertaining villain.

It irritated me that Cutter killed ALL those officers with just a knife. Like were those officers blind or they just wanted to die? It also pissed me off that they would stop for an obvious setup to begin with. And why wouldn't Thunder and Lightning follow the caravan to the prison. That entire scene wasn't written properly.

I liked Jenn wasn't willing to have sex with Khalil just because the opportunity presented it self. She has grown so much from the girl in the first episode sneaking  off to go to the club to hang with the 100 thugs. But I wonder whether Khalil is still a virgin. He was a virgin before the accident. But has he slept with someone(s) since following Tobias?

Oh...I can't wait to see Todds evolution. The kid is super eager and got balls to be teasing Cutter. For a smart kid, he's really dumb. 😂

Edited by LadyOracle
  • Love 2

I'm starting to think Tobias always wanted Khalil to fail him, just so he could use that line when he rips out his implant!

I'm not sure what was more unbelievable: Cutter somehow taking out the entire police force with her knives or that the police didn't just automatically start shooting when she slit that one cops throat in front of them.  Police have open fired for way less.

Todd really went full-tilt into Team Tobias real quick, huh?  Looks like he's always had some issues.

Glad that Jennifer is back with the family, although I suspect she's now just going to resent them for letting Khalil get kidnapped.

• Love 5

Oh yeah, Tobias totally gave Khalil that replacement spine just hoping that Khalil would betray or disappoint him, all so he could say that line! Its all been leading up to this for him! Thats the kind of ridiculous that a guy who kills people with a harpoon because his name happens to be Whale would be really into. 

Poor Khalil, that was freaking nasty! Even Cutter looked grossed out, like she was thinking "damn, I just stab people, I dont rip their fucking spines out that a Mortal Combat character". Although, I do wonder how that really helps Whale, if he left Khalil alive. Yeah he really hurt him, but I dont think he is gonna bleed to death on the street off-screen. Cant he still talk, and tell everyone about what Tobias is up to?

Speaking of Cutter, does she have super speed or something, because how the hell was she able to kill a whole squadron of armed cops with only a knife?! 

Glad that Jennifer is back, although I wonder if she might be bitter that her dad insisted on Khalil going to the police, after what happened to him. Good to have the show back!

• Love 2
On 1/22/2019 at 2:56 PM, immortalfrieza said:

Speaking of which, Cutter SOMEHOW manages to take down an entire FBI convoy of SWAT officers armed with a assault rifles with a... knife. Even if she's a Meta, which I can't remember, Cutter hasn't been built up to be anywhere near badass enough to make her taking all those cops out by herself believable.

Yeah, that kind of took me out of it.  There were a whole bunch of guns pointed at her.  No one shot?  She can dodge bullets?  Jenn and Khalil took her down and these cops couldn't?  That part didn't work.

Khalil has had "doom" written all over him since he broke with Tobias but my heart broke for him a bit.  I mean, new guy was bought a lot more cheaply and doesn't seem to be having any second thoughts.  Tobias ripping out the implant comes with the bonus of freaking the f out of Cutter and new kid should they think of double crossing him.

Aw, sorry Jenn. 

• Love 2
On 1/22/2019 at 11:56 AM, immortalfrieza said:

Speaking of which, Cutter SOMEHOW manages to take down an entire FBI convoy of SWAT officers armed with a assault rifles with a... knife.

The way she was lying SCREAMED set-up!  Somehow the forward momentum of the car shot her out the side, to be laying decoratively beside it.  Riiiight!!!

• Love 1