Type keyword(s) to search

The Masked Singer

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Court said:

I have no idea if the clues fit or not but at some point, I decided Monster was T-pain. Y'all impress me with your sleuthing. 

I could see T-Pain - he is agile enough to do all the choreographed moves.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I still think it's Mary J Blige for the Lion - one of the clues was "Pride" as well as Hollywood royalty - she was nominated for Mudbloods.

It isn't Mary J. I would recognize her voice with a blindfold on. I am a huge fan who has almost all her albums and has seen her perform in concert. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

It isn't Mary J. I would recognize her voice with a blindfold on. I am a huge fan who has almost all her albums and has seen her perform in concert. 

I love MJB and I'm going to cling on to the hope that it is her until that mask comes off

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 2/10/2019 at 11:53 AM, Psychobunny said:

Did anybody else notice that they didn’t change Peacock’s voice for one answer? I am now even more sure it is Donny Osmond. I also think it’s interesting that Robin Thicke recognizes everyone by body language and gestures. Maybe because it’s something I don’t notice, but so far he has ID’d Deer by the way his shoulders shake when he laughs, Raven by her putting her hand over her heart and Bee by the way she holds her mike.

I didn't notice it with Peacock, but I DID notice it with the Raven. It didn't sound like there was any voice modulation on Rikki at all. 

On 2/6/2019 at 7:10 PM, blackwing said:

For some reason, I really don’t want Donny to win.  I get it, he’s a seasoned performer but there’s something really showboaty about him that I don’t enjoy as much.  None of the judges got the wig he wore in “Jesus Christ Superstar” in London.  Or was that a Joseph wig?  Looked more like a classic Jesus wig.

It's the Joseph wig and he was referring to Joseph being thrown in jail in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

I think they're doing some obvious misdirect in the clue pacages for most of the contestants to make people think of multiple people. Like how a few of Tori's seemed to be pointing in a Paris Hilton-ish direction. And some of the Peacock clues are pointing in a Neil Patrick Harris direction. They're hitting the magic angle harder than necessary during the Peacock clues and when he twirled the fabric in the last one I immediately thought "dreamcoat" but people I was with were like "rainbow flag!" and we had to go back and rewind. Only on second watch did it make me think...ok yeah it sort of looked rainbow flag ish, but the move he did with it is 100% dreamcoat, and the wig is definitely Joseph. Plus I thought he sounded like Donny from the first note he ever sang on the show and listening to him has never made me doubt it for a second. So I think some of the NPH-ish seeming clues are to try to make the audience less sure. I did think it was hilarious when McCarthy guessed Donny but then still had no idea what the wig was.

I think the Monster sounds like Jamie Foxx, although he seems more famous than I'd expect to be willing to participate on this show. Then again, I feel like it's probable that at least one of the contestants is probably "too famous" for people to guess. I'm hoping they got someone big to have a better surprise factor on at least one of the reveals.

• Love 1

While I was watching America's Got Talent last night, during the commercials, I would switch over to this on my DVR and re-watch it.  Monster sounded just like Terry Crews.  While he used to play in the NFL though, he doesn't seem to have coaching experience and I couldn't find anything about commentating in his bios.  The voice sounded identical though. I don't know enough about T-Pain to know if he's the monster like most people here believe. It will be fun to see the monster unmasked.  Oh, and when Nicole was trying to think of sports involving swinging, she named golf, tennis and baseball  How about boxing?  I don't think it's Sugar Ray Leonard though. he's getting on in years and the voice doesn't sound like it's from Sugar Ray's age range. 

New clues:

Peacock - Loves a colorful remodel.

Monster - Ring.. Ring... Ring...

Alien - She’s 1 of 10 aliens in her pod.

Rabbit - He loves to sink his teeth into a big, fat Italian ice.

Bee - Loves the colors peach and silver.

There’s no clue for the Lion. 

I love Terry Crews and that would be awesome if Monster were him. I'm not aware he has any scandals though, as Monster implied he had.  

I never really cared for Donny Osmond, so if Peacock is him, I'd rather he not win. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Dani said:

New clues:

Peacock - Loves a colorful remodel.

Monster - Ring.. Ring... Ring...

Rabbit - He loves to sink his teeth into a big, fat Italian ice.

Bee - Loves the colors peach and silver.

There’s no clue for the Lion. 

Pretty obvious for all of them except for the Monster but I don't know enough about T-Pain to make any connection with a telephone.  Donny Osmond was in Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat, LaToya Jackson is one of 10 Jackson siblings, Joey Fatone is Italian and big and fat, Gladys Knight is from Georgia (peach) and her knights wear silver armour.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

I love Terry Crews and that would be awesome if Monster were him. I'm not aware he has any scandals though, as Monster implied he had.  

I never really cared for Donny Osmond, so if Peacock is him, I'd rather he not win. 

Terry crews has a scandal in that he has a #metoo story where he was the victim of Hollywood types.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, blackwing said:

Pretty obvious for all of them except for the Monster but I don't know enough about T-Pain to make any connection with a telephone.  Donny Osmond was in Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat, LaToya Jackson is one of 10 Jackson siblings, Joey Fatone is Italian and big and fat, Gladys Knight is from Georgia (peach) and her knights wear silver armour.

Three Ringz is the name of a T-Pain album. 

Joey was also in My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2. 

I’m surprised that these were so obvious. They must want people who are following along closely to figure it out. 

Edited by Guest
4 hours ago, possibilities said:

Also... is that costume all one piece? Will the whole thing come off at once, unlike the others which have a separate head/mask?

I think that his legs are covered by pants that are probably held up by suspenders, and the rest of the outfit will just lift off over his head. It's like a big barrel with a dome on top. I think for as cumbersome as the costume seems, it'll probably be the fastest one we've seen removed.

4 hours ago, Dani said:

This one is a bit sneaky, as everything I googled stated there were nine Jackson siblings. But Wikipedia had a throwaway line in the Jacksons article, mentioning Marlon's twin, who died shortly after birth. Including Brandon, that's ten.

17 hours ago, Wanda said:

Terry crews has a scandal in that he has a #metoo story where he was the victim of Hollywood types.

He wasn't the bad guy, though. Monster implied that he did something where people wrote him off for awhile. I'm not familiar with T-Pain, so no clue what he did, if anything.

***MOD NOTE***

You guys, we did it.  The Masked Singer now has a full forum!

You can access the forum here, but please start by reading this post.

This thread is being replaced by episode threads and is now locked to further replies, however, you can cut and paste into the episode threads if you would like to quote anything here.

• Love 4