Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E06: Roaring Munchies

FormerMod-a1
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Ellee said:

@Rai  Who is Eddie’s boss?

If his boss was on TC also, that might be the reason he seems so tightly wound.  I would imagine that there is a lot of extra pressure right there. 

I seem to have developed a soft spot for him after that meat budget fiasco.  

Eddie works for Nick Elmi at Laurel in Philadelphia. Nick won season 11 set in New Orleans.

• Love 1

In fact, I'm rewatching season 11 right now, since my boyfriend's never seen it, and every time Nick appears on-screen, my boyfriend says, "I forgot this season has so many generic white dudes on it."

He doesn't know what's going to happen.

FWIW, Eddie seems quite talented, and I remember Nick as being a tightly wound bundle of nerves, so Eddie's found the right place for himself, I guess, but I'm enjoying my petty grudge-carrying all the same.

• Love 6

I love that Eddie is still being referred to as Eddie Money and he seems to like it!  I also like that, after the disaster that was Nini in RW, people still wanted her back.  To me, that seems like a supportive group of people who care about each other.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Token said:

I also like that, after the disaster that was Nini in RW, people still wanted her back.  To me, that seems like a supportive group of people who care about each other.

I wish it was worded as support for Nini (as David and some of the chefs did) instead of as malice towards Brother (Justin, Eric, etc). A clique might care about each other, but I wouldn't call them a supportive group of people unless they welcomed others as well. Most of the chefs are great, but there are a few bad apples.

On a side note, I really love how season 15 is supporting Fatima and in general being such a tight-knit group. I think they have had several reunions already.

• Love 5
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:08 AM, sATL said:

I need to re-watch when I'm fully awake - was that a weave on Panama, during the final eating scene ? I was thinking...why ??? 

I don't think so, because that would be a really big weave  ;-)

• Love 3
4 hours ago, sATL said:

5c3f7864173cf_hairtopchef(2).thumb.jpg.0bcd86c340376ddaa7975c1ed846e507.jpg

Hi, I was teasing since in your original post you had "Panama", not "Padma".  Autocorrect I assume, but it tickled my funny bone imagining a weave big enough to cover an entire country..

Edited by Brookside
  • Love 7
On 1/13/2019 at 4:05 PM, bobbobbob199 said:

I don't like Brother as a chef either. But that doesn't excuse the behavior of the other chefs, nor would I treat Brother like that had I been on the show. Did anyone act like that towards Lee Anne last season? Did anyone fist pump when she had to bow out? No, actually all the chefs were exceedingly nice towards her, and they actually seemed sad when she had to go. They didn't act like that towards Claudette either, even though they had good reason to. This is the first season I have seen any animosity towards a LCK winner. That is why I liked last season so much more.

I’m wondering if the fact that this group had the LCK winner coming back after a group challenge had some effect on the group wanting to band together separate from the newcomer (who was actually a veteran). Like, they just had to work together on the last task, and then, BOOM! New Person crashing the party - I feel like there’s a different dynamic when the LCK winner comes back after an individual challenge where each chef was solely responsible for their dish and they were all directly competing with one another. I know they’re still ultimately opponents even when teamed up, but the extra collaboration and support probably plays with their emotions.

• Love 2