Type keyword(s) to search

AGT The Champions: All Episode Discussion

• Start Topic

Definitely one of the better episodes for Champions, and quite a few acts that I may look up on YouTube and social media.

I enjoyed Attraction, they remind me a lot of Sihlouettes which I believed was a finalist on one of the AGT seasons that I did not see. But I enjoyed the story telling and the "full circle" feel of it.

I'll have to rewatch Jackie, because I was getting some things together for work while she was on. Unfortunately, I missed some of her performance. But I will say that she has a lovely voice. 

Lost Voice Guy, I thought that he was okay (better than "Trailer Nasty" in my opinion). I do admire him poking fun at himself. I became disabled at twenty-six due to a cerebral hemorrhage, and had trouble accepting the new me that came from it. So I do admire him, and there's something about his smile that moves me.

Colin Cloud - I feel like I've seen this trick before. I know people like him, but I wasn't wowed. And I'm sure a random person wouldn't randomly choose David Hasselhoff, and that he would just randomly be there at a random spot in the audience. 

Sal Valentinetti - I wish that he would have picked a new song. We've heard him sing it at the finale of his season. I still find him very charming though, and such an old soul that I forget that he's twenty-three. Heidi though...I swear she wants to jump on his sausage....sorry if that gave you a strange mental picture, folks. I'm with Terry, I would love to be in the Valentinetti home for Sunday Dinner. That seems like it would be fun.

Tokio Myers - I appreciate one man shows. I like the combination of the lighting/light art with his playing. 

Kseniya Simonova - I love art, and what I mainly do is drawing, painting and bracelet making. When she came out and said that she was a sand artists I didn't know what to think. I'll admit that I was not expecting much, but I was moved. And it's amazing how quick and precise she is with moving the sand around. Definitely deserved the Gold Buzzer in my opinion. 

Sons of Serendip - That was a beautiful performance. If a singer had to go through, I wouldn't mind if it were them. The lead singer has a beautiful voice, and the whole performance had such a peaceful, whimsical magical feel to it. I'll look them up for sure! 

Cosentino - For some reason, I was thinking that Johnny Depp and Kid Rock had a baby when I first saw him. For me, he's the best danger act that I've seen. I like that there's a dramatic aspect to it, but not over the top (i.e. Damien from Season 12 and his wife with her histrionic theatrics), and it was complex. It wasn't just a simple, "Let me handcuff myself into a box, and watch as I try to escape, it may seem like I didn't, but I did (then magically appears from elsewhere)." I wouldn't mind if he tried out for a regular season of AGT, but I'm not sure how possible that would be since he' was on Champions. I would've loved to have seen him go through to see what else he could come up with.

Shin Lim - I love him, but his act seems a little too reminiscent of what he had done in his recent season. But I knew that he was going through. I knew it before the show even came on. 

Again, I freaking LOVE Terry Crews as a host. Many agree from what I see on Reddit and social media. Hopefully NBC will take the hint and bring him on board for the regular seasons. 

-----

If we were to play an AGT Drinking Game, we should take a shot when:

How says that "Only Two Will Go Through,"

When Mel exclaims "What just happppeeennnnddddd?!"

When Simon talks about how brave a former contestant is for coming on "Champions."

But then again, we'd probably get alcohol poisoning...

Never mind.

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Love 11

I saw Shin Lim made a comment that the AGT championship rounds started only a couple of weeks after he won.   So it was probably really hard for him to create new material in that short amount of time.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

And I'm sure a random person wouldn't randomly choose David Hasselhoff, and that he would just randomly be there at a random spot in the audience. 

The girl could barely pronounce Hasselhoff.  My  guess is that she was pre-chosen and told to say "David Hasselhoff".

• Love 8

While I'm loving seeing some of my old favorites (I also follow BGT), this whole set-up for this show is weird. You show us 10 awesome acts, each better than the last, but only one of the ten will go through, and judges don't get a vote. Then why are they THERE then? Why HAVE judges when they have no say? Oh yeah...golden buzzer...(shrug).

I don't get this show. The one chosen to go through is always "HIM/HER?!?!?! REALLY!?!?!?! When there were so many better acts that went before and after that person.

I would have much rather seen the man with no voice go through (or my boy Tokio Meyers) than the card trick king. He's good, really good, but card tricks ain't my thing.

I'm sorry, but this feels so 'set-up-ish' to me...I can't get over the feeling that this whole season is pre-determined.

• Love 3

I never noticed this with Jackie Evancho before, maybe because I'd only ever heard her sing in Italian, but her enunciation is terrible. Like Ariana Grande level terrible.

Colin Cloud's act was so staged from start to finish. I know that obviously, no matter what the judges like to say, these guys don't do real magic, but there at least has to feel like there's some skill behind it. Setting up everything ahead of time with the producers is not a skill.

I'm a big fan of the podcast How Did This Get Made? and last week the movie was Little Italy, a horrible rom-com that nobody saw that featured some embarrassingly outdated Italian-American stereotypes (despite the film being set in Canada). Sal Valentinetti feels like he was plucked from that awful little movie's bizarre universe and I wish we could just banish him there forever.

Kseniya Simonova is divine. Her ability to make all that art only using sand was one thing, but the way she was able to do it so quickly and perfectly time it to the music was insane.

I too was a little disappointed that Shin Lim didn't really bring anything new, but it makes sense if this was taped only a couple weeks after he won. He's still fantastic.

13 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

The palsic comedian had the best material, by far, so far this season.  I do wonder, though, if a pre-recorded performance ought to be counted.  

I thought he made it worthwhile as he was really good at pacing out the timing of the jokes and had all the right reactions to go with them.

I have an aunt with cerebral palsy--the doctors told my grandmother she'd never walk or talk and she proved them all wrong. I really enjoyed Lost Voice Guy and wish him the best of success as he goes forward.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, helenamonster said:

I never noticed this with Jackie Evancho before, maybe because I'd only ever heard her sing in Italian, but her enunciation is terrible. Like Ariana Grande level terrible.

Colin Cloud's act was so staged from start to finish. I know that obviously, no matter what the judges like to say, these guys don't do real magic, but there at least has to feel like there's some skill behind it. Setting up everything ahead of time with the producers is not a skill.

I'm a big fan of the podcast How Did This Get Made? and last week the movie was Little Italy, a horrible rom-com that nobody saw that featured some embarrassingly outdated Italian-American stereotypes (despite the film being set in Canada). Sal Valentinetti feels like he was plucked from that awful little movie's bizarre universe and I wish we could just banish him there forever.

Kseniya Simonova is divine. Her ability to make all that art only using sand was one thing, but the way she was able to do it so quickly and perfectly time it to the music was insane.

I too was a little disappointed that Shin Lim didn't really bring anything new, but it makes sense if this was taped only a couple weeks after he won. He's still fantastic.

I thought he made it worthwhile as he was really good at pacing out the timing of the jokes and had all the right reactions to go with them.

I have an aunt with cerebral palsy--the doctors told my grandmother she'd never walk or talk and she proved them all wrong. I really enjoyed Lost Voice Guy and wish him the best of success as he goes forward.

Kseniya's timing is amazing when you think about it.  She has to draw quickly enough to hit certain parts of the music.  For example she has to close the parents eyes at the same time once you hear them die in the music.  Or changing the boy's face at the same time the song changes.

I was actually concerned for her, because the Ukraine got talent, she had a good 8-10 minutes to do an act, while America gave her like 2 minutes to draw everything.

Also, its kind of like Shin Lim.  If Kseniya accidentally screws up (like accidentally erasing part of her picture), her entire act goes down in flames.  

Edited by seltzer3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Babalooie said:

The girl could barely pronounce Hasselhoff.  My  guess is that she was pre-chosen and told to say "David Hasselhoff

With many clairvoyant or magic acts you suspect things were staged in advance, but I think the trick is to not make it too obvious. David Hasselhoff being in the designated seat was so obviously staged that for me it totally destroyed the entertainment value. Bad decision. Including the idea that a woman who looked like she was about 25 would think of David Hasselhoff, who hit his peak about 30 years ago.

1 hour ago, seltzer3 said:

Kseniya's timing is amazing when you think about it.  She has to draw quickly enough to hit certain parts of the music.  For example she has to close the parents eyes at the same time once you hear them die in the music.  Or changing the boy's face at the same time the song changes.

As I watching her I was thinking, wow, this takes so much more talent than any of the singers who get the Golden Buzzer. So I was pleasantly surprised when Terry hit the GB.

2 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Shin Lin for the total win....he  is my fantasy boyfriend!

He's one of my all time AGT favorites, and I believe now the only past AGT winner who's made the finals. (Darcy Lynn and Paul Zerdin didn't). For me, it wasn't his best routine, but he's always amazing. Since I'm sure all the "super fan" voting is a total farce, maybe they wanted the reigning AGT champ to go through. If the voting was legitimate, no way I think the other two of the final three this week would've been voted in.

I had not seen Lost Voice Guy before. I thought he was funnier than either Samuel Comroe or Drew Lynch, other comedians whose acts are based on their disability. And though he's way more "challenged" than either of those, I never felt he was trying to enlists our sympathy, the way I often feel those others are.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

At my house, we call him our Sexy Anime Magic Boy. I'm a sucker for dimples, sculptured cheekbones, and elegant hands. I was disappointed that he didn't run his fingers through his hair. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, helenamonster said:

When she started singing, my girlfriend, who loves Phantom , said, “why isn’t she singing this in English?”

I saw Colin Cloud in a local show last summer and he was pretty impressive, and you had to ask yourself how did he do it,  but the Hasselhoff thing was so over the top it was ridiculous. Sometimes less is more.

• Love 5

So am I only the person who also thought of David Hasselhoff when Colin said to think of a celebrity? I purposefully tried to think of someone not super famous right now. I was flabbergasted when the girl from the audience picked the same name. I was certain that Colin either said or did something beforehand to make people think of the Hoff, but I rewound it, and didn't see anything. Maybe I'm the one with the special powers! ;)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Colin Cloud was so fake. Next.

I've never seen Cosentino and I'm not big on escape artists, but that was pretty dramatic.

I always feel like I'm the only person who doesn't go crazy for the shadow groups. They just bore me. I also feel like I'm supposed to be going crazy for Tokio Myers, but I just didn't get it.

The sand artist was amazing and I love that she was able to evoke emotion with her actual performance, and not with some sob story (followed by a mediocre performance) like half the people on this show do. This is how it's done folks. Not "I was bullied in middle school/my mom died/my dad is sick/I grew up in a rough neighborhood, but I can sing covers okay so vote for me."

I'm not a fan of singers doing songs we've already seen them do on the show. I can kind of understand Shin not being able to come up with an all new routine since this was filmed just weeks after he won, but are you telling me Sal and SoS haven't learned a new song in the last few years? SoS still sound beautiful though, and I still hate Sal and his obnoxious personality.

Terry looked like he was having a blast during Shin's performance. Can we please keep him?

Edited by UsernameGoesHere
  • Love 3

I thought Shin was still amazing with his routine. I don't think I can ever get bored of him making the cards vanish and re-appear.

Also, I didn't expect the aces in Terry's inside coat pocket. Even though I'm pretty sure I know how it happened, I still thought it was amazing and a great final moment.

I actually cried at the sand artist.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, UsernameGoesHere said:

Colin Cloud was so fake. Next

I've never seen Cosentino and I'm not big on escape artists, but that was pretty dramatic.

I always feel like I'm the only person who doesn't go crazy for the shadow groups. They just bore me. I also feel like I'm supposed to be going crazy for Tokio Myers, but I just didn't get it.

The sand artist was amazing and I love that she was able to evoke emotion with her actual performance, and not with some sob story (followed by a mediocre performance) like half the people on this show do. This is how it's done folks. Not "I was bullied in middle school/my mom died/my dad is sick/I grew up in a rough neighborhood, but I can sing covers okay so vote for me."

I'm not a fan of singers doing songs we've already seen them do on the show. I can kind of understand Shin not being able to come up with an all new routine since this was filmed just weeks after he won, but are you telling me Sal and SoS haven't learned a new song in the last few years? SoS still sound beautiful though, and I still hate Sal and his obnoxious personality.

Terry looked like he was having a blast during Shin's performance. Can we please keep him?

With you 100% on all your comments. Attraction was a like a lot of artsy shadow and dance troupes on AGT that hit you over the head with how "uplifting" and "inspiring" their act is supposed to be. I generally feel bored and manipulated. But I never had that feeling with the sand artist. I thought what she did was genuinely touching, and even after watching her segment over three times. I'm still astonished by her technique.

After having some time to think about it, I'm actually ticked off by Colin Cloud's act. With these kinds of acts I'm willing to along with the assertions that nothing was set up in advance, or as they always say to the audience participant, "we never met each other before, right?" Now I'm wondering how many other times I've been "taken." Maybe Colin Cloud got pressured into doing this by Simon as a tribute to his old friend (and original AGT judge) David Hasselhoff. But that's still no excuse.

Agree totally about the singers. We keep hearing praise for all the performers who have "stepped it up" since their original season. So where's the criticism of a musical act doing a repeat song? And in the case of SoS, even making top three.

• Love 2

I'd not seen Cosentino before, and was excited by his act.  He should have been in the top three, not the shadow dancers Attraction.  I'm so happy Shin Lim won!  Thankfully no singers won this time.  I like Colin Cloud, but this Hasselhoff act was so phony.  Sand artist Simonova was unique and very talented.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

So am I only the person who also thought of David Hasselhoff when Colin said to think of a celebrity? I purposefully tried to think of someone not super famous right now. I was flabbergasted when the girl from the audience picked the same name. I was certain that Colin either said or did something beforehand to make people think of the Hoff, but I rewound it, and didn't see anything. Maybe I'm the one with the special powers! ;)

Nope and I said it out loud too so my wife knew I said it too. rewound and watched several times. looked at paper with X in slow mo and still saw nothing that would have planted that in my mind. My wife was thinking the L3 and if that isn't weird I don't know what is

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Hoyt said:

Nope and I said it out loud too so my wife knew I said it too. rewound and watched several times. looked at paper with X in slow mo and still saw nothing that would have planted that in my mind. My wife was thinking the L3 and if that isn't weird I don't know what is

I do think it would be easier for Colin to use slight of hand to make the piece of paper with the X in it disappear, so that the bowl had no Xs in it, and therefore the audience member was a plant. But he still got Howie to pick the correct seat number. So I do think there was some kind of mentalist thing happening, which is pretty cool! 

• Love 2
On 2/5/2019 at 1:18 PM, giaNtsandYankees said:

So sorry! It was posted on their Facebook page, so I thought many already knew. 

Believe it or not, there are a few of us who aren't on Facebook.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I hate it when family members post the death of one of your relatives on Farcebook and expect you to have an account to find their page and important information.  True story.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

I do think it would be easier for Colin to use slight of hand to make the piece of paper with the X in it disappear, so that the bowl had no Xs in it, and therefore the audience member was a plant. But he still got Howie to pick the correct seat number. So I do think there was some kind of mentalist thing happening, which is pretty cool! 

But how can we be sure that the seat Hasselhoff was sitting in WAS seat L3?  BTW, I thought L7.

2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

29 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

hate it when family members post the death of one of your relatives on Farcebook and expect you to have an account to find their page and important information.  True story.

Again, I'm very sorry.

• Love 4

I loved Lee Ridley. I'm disabled so his joke about not wanting to inspire people and just wanting attention made me laugh. I had no idea Sal was that young he looked and sounded much older. I loved the shadow dancers I'd rather see them in the finals instead of the knife act.

Overall.... this champions edition has been a real treat.  It was probably a little rushed to air maybe or mostly because of the new competition.... if they ever do this again.... they need to make it all live shows.... especially if the acts are established ones invited back.   And speaking of that..... put away the buzzers..... these are people you invited back...... it's a real slap upside the head to buzz them..... also..... like in the case of the dutch jump roping act..... be respectful and don't tell them their winning act  'probably wouldn't get through on THIS show..... that was Howie..... just say "thanks for coming .... good luck to you..... you are amazing..... and..... only two get through.

• Love 5
On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 2:27 PM, atlantaloves said:

Y'all just need to back off. This sweet sexy talented crazy awesome card tricksin' man is mine mine mine! ;-)

Seriously though, I am so enthralled by his magic. I'm sure I could google and find out the techniques of how its done but he's simply flawless and I love it. I get so taken in by it that if he were performing it right in front of me, I'd punch him in the arm and shriek all bug-eyed, "HOWDYOUDOTHAT?!?!?"

The Russian sand artist was just stunning. I'd be very happy if either she or Shin take the whole thing.

Is it me or has Heidi been very quiet? Feel like I'm not hearing her much.

• Love 2
On 2/10/2019 at 10:10 AM, Sounder said:

Overall.... this champions edition has been a real treat.  It was probably a little rushed to air maybe or mostly because of the new competition.... if they ever do this again.... they need to make it all live shows.... especially if the acts are established ones invited back.   And speaking of that..... put away the buzzers..... these are people you invited back...... it's a real slap upside the head to buzz them..... also..... like in the case of the dutch jump roping act..... be respectful and don't tell them their winning act  'probably wouldn't get through on THIS show..... that was Howie..... just say "thanks for coming .... good luck to you..... you are amazing..... and..... only two get through.

I like the talent and the choices, but its too rushed for me. One person going through and America not voting is huge flaws for me at least.

• Love 2

I liked John Dorenbos and Darci Lynn. I thought Angelica was off key throughout her song. I want to know who chose Preacher over Lee Ridley they have no taste. My favorite was Susan Boyle I thought she was elegant and she didn't over sing.

• Love 3
On 2/6/2019 at 9:26 AM, MoreCoffeePlease said:

Can a singer such as Jackie Evancho sing in a "normal" way? I'd like to hear it if yes.

I too almost cried at sand art lady. Unbelievable. 

I am now obsessed with Sons of Serendip ... so so so good.

We prefer the terms “classical crossover”, or “pop style” 😉

She’s not that great...I think a lot of her success really still comes from the novelty of it all.  She still sounds like an amateur compared to Katherine Jenkins, and she’s 18 now.

I am hoping for the sand artist to win but I feel this whole Champions was set up for Susan to come back and win. Since America does not get to vote I have little faith in whatever this 50 states voting system is. I would have rather just had the judges choose. 

• Love 4
On 2/10/2019 at 7:10 AM, Sounder said:

Not only did Paul Potts deliver a solid performance.... it was cool that he paid tribute to the late Neal E. Boyd.... the opera singing season three champion who passed away all too soon this past year.   And opera style singing seemed to be the theme for the final.... Christina Ramos....Paul Potts.... Susan Boyle..... even Darci and Petunia belted out opera like numbers.  Angelica sang yet anuuuuther sicky anthem......don't know why the "superfans" put Brian Justin Crum in this final.....he's got a good voice.... but he's forgettable..... like a Donald Braswell..... WHO?   Preacher Lawson and the rather boisterous physical comedy he does is perfect for SNL..... I just know it.  Shin Lim takes the simplest card tricks look like whaaaaaa????? His slight of hand really sells it.... He's got special decks right?.... He's got a vacuum up his sleeve right?   Where does the smoke come from?  He's great and should win....except he's already won..... I'm going with Usenia Siminova the sand artist.  She must've spent lots of time in sandboxes as a kid to develop her talent who knows?   She deserves this.

• Love 4

So late chiming in on this season but I agree with so many of you on the stupidity of the Golden Buzzer and the way it was done, the over-pimping of the child/young/ oh let's face it all singers, the awesomeness of Terry Crews, and how annoying it is how rushed everything is. 

As for those that are going through, I'm really happy about and thoroughly enjoy:

• The Sand Artist - wow! I missed her first performance, and when I heard about Terry giving her the Golden Buzzer, I was like pssshhhwww...what a waste! How good could that be? Given the crap ass picks of the other judges, I wasn't expecting much, but holy crap! I was mesmerized from start to finish. Sorry I ever doubted you Terry!
  • Shin Lim - he can do no wrong in my book. He's so not my type, but damn! Is he sexy. And talented. Amazing!
  • Jackie Evancho  - sorry, Pittsburgh girl here, gotta root for her. And I think she is really great, I didn't watch her on her first time, so maybe I'm easily impressed.
  • Darci Lynne -- does anyone else feel her act last night was super super short? Relative to the Danger Act which felt like an eternity. Doesn't seem fair, or maybe that's all she can do? Still love her though.

I was so not impressed with Susan Boyle. Was she having an off night or is she normally that mediocre? There's something so public speaker-y, corporate Sales motivation speaker about Jon Derenbos that I just can't with him. I do like Christina Ramos, sorry! Can't say that anything else really stuck out in my mind. 

Edited by Kelloggirl
  • Love 6

I was just thinking how The Champions was filmed around September/October. I think The Regurgitator/Stevie Starr won Germany's Got Talent in December, as I wondered how that worked.

But unless I remember wrongly, the likes of Billy & Emily and Colin Cloud also didn't mention being on BGT before.

It also wasn't mentioned Alex Magala having previously been on AGT and BGT, but perhaps the producers wanted to downplay how some of the contestants have done multiple Got Talents.

5 hours ago, Kelloggirl said:

So late chiming in on this season but I agree with so many of you on the stupidity of the Golden Buzzer and the way it was done, the over-pimping of the child/young/ oh let's face it all singers, the awesomeness of Terry Crews, and how annoying it is how rushed everything is. 

As for those that are going through, I'm really happy about and thoroughly enjoy:

• The Sand Artist - wow! I missed her first performance, and when I heard about Terry giving her the Golden Buzzer, I was like pssshhhwww...what a waste! How good could that be? Given the crap ass picks of the other judges, I wasn't expecting much, but holy crap! I was mesmerized from start to finish. Sorry I ever doubted you Terry!
  • Shin Lim - he can do no wrong in my book. He's so not my type, but damn! Is he sexy. And talented. Amazing!
  • Jackie Evancho  - sorry, Pittsburgh girl here, gotta root for her. And I think she is really great, I didn't watch her on her first time, so maybe I'm easily impressed.
  • Darci Lynne -- does anyone else feel her act last night was super super short? Relative to the Danger Act which felt like an eternity. Doesn't seem fair, or maybe that's all she can do? Still love her though.

I was so not impressed with Susan Boyle. Was she having an off night or is she normally that mediocre? There's something so public speaker-y, corporate Sales motivation speaker about Jon Derenbos that I just can't with him. I do like Christina Ramos, sorry! Can't say that anything else really stuck out in my mind. 

I couldn't quite figure out what bothered me about Jon Dorenbos..... it must be that corporate salesman thing..... that infomercial pitchman thing..... plus the act was kinda lame..... he wrote things on those chalkboards knowing exactly the order the judges sit in and he goes to simon first of course.... who took number one naturally.... then it all fell into predictable order..... it just for a infomercial huckster.... he didn't sell his act well at all..... glad he has a Super Bowl ring.

• Love 3

And now..... breaking season 14 news...... It has been made official that Heidi Klum and Mel B. will not be returning.  They're to be replaced by Gabrielle Union and Julienne Hough.  Simon and Howie return..... and your new host is.................. TERRY CREWS!!!

• Love 6

I've been enjoying seeing old favorite acts and the new ones from overseas. You know, the foreign acts that haven't been on AGT during the regular season!

If I were the teevee god, I'd get rid of the golden buzzer. These acts were all invited, they ALL deserve to be there.

I'd have America vote and get rid of that phony 50-states-mega-fan thing. Just have a live vote or live tweet vote or something, and use the last 10 minutes for the totals.

Keep Terry Crews forever. Nick Cannon is on The Masked Singer and he is ... uh, well, he's no Terry Crews, sir. Crews RULES.

Disable judges X buzzers. WTH. Buzzing an act is just an attention-drawing device for you judges. To call attention to the fact that you are a jerk.

Have the judges stop with the "You might be hot stuff in Denmark but you suck in America" critiques. All acts were invited by TPTB so show them some respect and make them proud they appeared on this show, not ashamed and embarrassed.

And finally, stop with the "only two can go through" business. Let the voting public decide top two. This show is so manipulative anyway.

Meanwhile: Shin Lim can do no wrong in my eyes. He's pure gold without the aid of a buzzer.

• Love 5

Terry Mother-lovin' Crews! He's so handsome! And man can he dress! And as big as he his, he's so kind. I just love him. It's worth watching AGT for him alone. Kinda wish Howie wasn't coming back too though...

If my instincts are correct (and I don't know if they are or not in this case), I think this season is set up for either the 11 year old precious princess or the married couple danger act to win. 

• Love 3

I loved the beginning of Darci Lynne's performance where she mimicked the echo.

Deadly Games really did put it all out there for this performance. They made a couple mistakes, yes, but I found the whole thing electric.

I will say, I was very impressed with how Jon Dorenbos was able to incorporate the judge's answers with bits from his past performances. Very cool.

Kseniya Simonova...what else is there to say? That woman is just pure magic.

Speaking of magic...Shin Lim's fiance is a lucky lady! He is forever spectacular.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, hnygrl said:

Terry Mother-lovin' Crews! He's so handsome! And man can he dress! And as big as he his, he's so kind. I just love him. It's worth watching AGT for him alone. Kinda wish Howie wasn't coming back too though...

If my instincts are correct (and I don't know if they are or not in this case), I think this season is set up for either the 11 year old precious princess or the married couple danger act to win. 

Terry is perfect for this show!  He's very warm, personable, and professional, with such a cool sense of humor.  I'll be remembering to watch AGT S17 knowing Tyra is gone and Terry is staying!

No.  Just no.  If this unspeakable abomination happens, I will be spitting nails and bullets out of my mouth.  Perhaps I need counseling, but I just have a deep hatred for this kid.  And it's not that I hate kids.  I love Darci Lynne!  She just rubs me the wrong way and if I wrote what I really think and observed tonight, I fear my one-way ticket on the handbasket to hell will show up sooner than previously scheduled.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1