Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: The Dead

• Start Topic

”The Dead” is a story about a woman who never loved her husband; her true love had died many years earlier. It figures that the story would appeal to Mickey, who admits in the episode that Darryl’s mother was the love of his life, not his actual wife and family. 

Still, an odd thing to read to your kid. Great prose but one of the saddest stories in literature.  

• Love 1

What happened to Bunchy's 1.4 or 1.2m? Where's the money Ray made from selling his home maybe for $2 to $3m? Why didn't Avi return after Barnes was murdered? He's incredible. All the murders, especially of cops where each of their deaths would be virgrously investigated, you'd think there'd be more detectives on the murderers, Ray, Mickey, Dayrell, did Bunch kill someone?, Ray's amazing right hand gal. She's one of my favorite characters ever. I guess that was Sam hanging but get hair is a lot like more orange? n I don't recognize that outfit. Ray was last seen talking with her n just apologizing for leaking the tape much less hiring a Ray lite to get Ray. Given how many years Sam has utilized fixers, like Ezra before her, I don't think you can assume someone won't come back n snake bite you especially when you're working with lethal ones. How many murders ended up hangings? Her hand blood would be on the rope end, this her DNA. It was something for Ray to give her the kill. "Do you know who I am?" Mickey is willing to get in with the mobs for quick money's sake n look at the tear it caused thru the he family, all on him. No wonder Ray has mental issues, sees his wife after she's dead, his priest trauma history, his thug n often absent father, his mudereing n black mailing n extortion, cheating on his wife the beatings n death threats he does out n the emotional cost on his relationship between him n his whole family. Liev is awesome. Loved him in Defiance with Daniel Craig, true story of Jews who fought the Nazis n hid 1,200 Jews. Saw my first episode last month. Binged over two months. Hard stuff to take given all the mayhem n it's cost. High quality show. 

• Love 1

I see lots of issues because Ray seems to ignore things like cameras that are outside many places. Plus, cell phone records.  Sam was wearing the same outfit she had on when Ray arrived.  He seems to hang people too high without a table or chair underneath. Doesn’t appear like a real suicide. Of course, maybe, he doesn’t care how it looks. 

Why is Ray so upset with his father for being a bad dad, when he hasn’t been so great either?  I get annoyed with him. He had the chance to shut his dad down long ago and didn’t.  That’s on him. For all the staring off into space, he sure doesn’t plan things out or appreciate how his hot headed temper tantrums have repercussions.  

I’m binging the last few episodes.  It’s been years since I watched this show.

Why do they insist that Lena wear a hairstyle that looks like Sally Draper got hold of the scissors. Lol

Edited by SunnyBeBe
On 1/14/2019 at 2:04 PM, Bannon said:

The first 5-10 minutes were laugh out loud funny, and it's great that it isn't clear whether that was the writers' intent. 

On some level, I really respect writers who deliberately decide to abandon any effort at continuity, whether it be continuity of character (Bridget!?) geography, or events, along with completely ignoring any elements of how the world operates (will somebody on this show ever stage a murder as a suicide in a hotel or high end condo building with  security cameras?) or logic itself (if they have the time to dismember bodies.and the ability to dispose some parts at sea, why are they burying any parts in a backyard?), and just move from scene to scene, writing whatever they want. 

That’s what I thought. Why bury some in ground and dump some in sea? With DNA it doesn’t matter which part is found. With their connections they should have found a cremation facility or wood chipper like in Fargo. Lol Hiding bodies is not that easy...apparently.