Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Discussion

TVbitch
  • Start Topic

I am almost fully ambidextrous and can even write with my left hand, but am just slightly more right-handed. Whenever I target practice with my gun, I just automatically use my right hand because it is such an important action that you instinctively use your most dominate hand.  

Jeez, I was starting to think Cheryl had a thing for her son-in-law. I get supporting him if you believe he is not guilty, but to not even want to see the evidence FIRST and then decide. That's kind of crazy. Glad she re-thought that by the time of the sentencing. 

Okay now in addition to not letting police interrogate me, calling a lawyer, and refusing a polygraph, I am going to have to find someone else to make the 911 call, because I get SUPER stoic in emergencies and would probably sound like a robot on the call. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Okay now in addition to not letting police interrogate me, calling a lawyer, and refusing a polygraph, I am going to have to find someone else to make the 911 call, because I get SUPER stoic in emergencies and would probably sound like a robot on the call. 

There does seem to be a pattern on this show that people who don't grieve in a way that pop culture says they should are immediately treated as suspects. 

• Like 5
11 hours ago, Bazinga said:

If he faked the crime, he would know the gun was in her hand because he put it there.

I think that was the jury's point.  The gun was not beside her.  It was in her hand.  I think they took that discrepancy as a lie from Jason, not that he was simply wrong.

I think he did it.  If Jason is to be given the benefit of the doubt, why is Tiffany painted as the emotional woman who must have died by suicide?  They're relying on as much of a trope about Tiffany.  Even with the possibility of suicide in play, the circumstances of what he said point to him, not her, in my opinion.

It's her car, and it's her gun.  He's told her to leave.  Why there at that exact moment?  She could have driven away in that car with that gun and died by suicide at any time and place of her choosing.  He's expecting people to believe that she shot herself twice with her non-dominant hand at that moment in their driveway?  Dying by suicide is convenient to begin with and dying by suicide there at that moment is even more convenient.  He needs to establish a chain of events THERE, and I think that's because he did it.

He's also the aggrieved party.  She cheated on him.  It's more likely to me that he would strike out in anger at her in that moment more than it's likely that she'd strike out at herself in front of him.

Cleaning the van that fast is another red flag.  Within 24 hours?  That's haste that I don't think had anything to do with the kids.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, Bazinga said:

I really do not understand how his saying 'the gun was beside her' when it was actually slightly in her hand, makes him guilty.  Yes, his statement was factually false, but why exactly does this prove his guilt?  If he faked the crime, he would know the gun was in her hand because he put it there.  To me, his being wrong helps him not hurts him.  And, his being non observant about a small detail makes him guilty???

I got stuck on that, too. I'm not even sure that I would call it false, so much as splitting hairs - beside her could mean next to her or at her side. Nothing really turns on that.

I do think he's guilty, but I don't see how that detail could be the thing that tips the scales.

I was surprised by how supportive her mother was of him during the trial and was thinking that maybe she was just being cautious because she didn't want to risk being cut out of her grandkids' lives, but I guess that wasn't the motivation since she testified at the sentencing hearing. I can't believe the kids were allowed to be there for that - how traumatic for them.

• Like 6

I think he’s guilty, but I don’t think I could have found him guilty on the basis of that 911 call.  

On 3/26/2023 at 9:58 AM, TVbitch said:

My mother died when I was barely 15.  I was babysitting that night, and my father told me through the bathroom door when I got home.  I was sucker punched, but when he asked if I was okay, I told him, “Yeah, I’m fine.”  He was back in bed before I could open the door.

I was working in a childcare and we had a baby pass from SIDS.  The rest of the staff understandably fell apart, and I got the kids up from nap and fed them all snack.  Support staff came in and took over from me and told me to go with the others, and I did.  But I was the comforter…that’s what I felt my job was.  I can fall apart on my own time.

So yeah, that’d be me, too.  I can take an emotional blow and compartmentalize it until it’s “appropriate” for me to fall apart.

(**Although I am apparently not as tough as I think.  One of those staff support people who came into the childcare told me that the employees weeping out front didn’t hit them as hard as my “must not cry” stoicism did.)

• Like 4

Even though some people feel it is an invasion of privacy, I am glad so many criminals are now being caught by surveillance cameras, cell phones and car computers. Between that and the familial DNA stuff, it's making it much harder to get away with murder. I always tell my brother, who doesn't like this stuff, that I am okay with giving up a bit of my privacy if it catches some creeps. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

This was alternately such a satisfying and frustrating episode. Satisfying because the police were able to piece together all the electronic evidence to make the case and find Kassandra's remains, frustrating because the prosecution felt it had to make a deal to get a conviction. I mean, I guess you truly never know how a jury will go, but I just don't see how there could have been any reasonable doubt that he did it.

And there's no doubt in my mind that the girlfriend knew something - that bizarre response she gave to the police about whether he could have killed Kassandra set off every alarm in my brain.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Even though some people feel it is an invasion of privacy, I am glad so many criminals are now being caught by surveillance cameras, cell phones and car computers. Between that and the familial DNA stuff, it's making it much harder to get away with murder. I always tell my brother, who doesn't like this stuff, that I am okay with giving up a bit of my privacy if it catches some creeps. 

This is what blows my mind about so many of these criminals. I get being cocky and thinking you've outsmarted everyone, but it amazes me that some criminals still don't seem to at least acknowledge that there's a possibility they could be caught this way. 

My favorites are the ones who try to use the technology to help set up their supposed alibi, only for that to wind up backfiring on them. Yeah, newsflash, geniuses, people are going to look into this. 

• Like 4

Anybody watch the episode about the two young women who were dumped at two different hospitals unconscious (both died)?

They were friends who had gone out dancing, accepted drugs from a guy who told everybody that he was a film studio producer, and they wound up in a bad situation.   A sad story that shouldn't have happened.   And the main perp had gotten away with numerous sex based offenses for years.   And who knows - his trial hasn't happened yet - he might get away with murder this time. 

• Like 13

Last night's where the kidnapper/rapist husband got to cross-examine his victim/ex-wife at trial was horrible and ridiculous and I'm glad he is in jail for life. Having said that, for some reason I did not warm to the victim very much.

• Like 11
  • Sad 2
On 4/19/2023 at 1:33 PM, 12catcrazy said:

And who knows - his trial hasn't happened yet - he might get away with murder this time. 

They even voiced the main concern:  both ladies were witnessed doing drugs by their own choice at the party.  The case should be a slam dunk against a total sleazeball, it would be horrifying if he gets off.   And dangerous for any woman he encounters.

What a trio of losers.  All of them were way too old to be out on the scene trying to pull beautiful 20-something women.  Sadly, they all looked harmless enough at face value.  The Ted Bundy phenomenon.  

I can't believe that neighbor heard someone moaning in pain all day and never called the police.  There likely would have been a totally different outcome.  

Both ladies seemed like very special people.  

• Like 6
On 4/23/2023 at 6:30 PM, TVbitch said:

Having said that, for some reason I did not warm to the victim very much.

At the risk of being mean, I didn’t much care for the woman’s way of telling her story.  She seemed as if she were performing somehow.  Not that she was lying, I believe everything she said.  Just her emoting and telling the story felt very “one woman show” at certain parts.

What happened to her and her kids was certainly horrific.  I felt a lot of anxiety as she described her kidnapping and sexual assault.  Her daughter probably has a lot of guilt over her role, but I wish healing and health for all of them. That psycho should never see a day’s happiness for the rest of his days.

• Like 11
20 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

That psycho should never see a day’s happiness for the rest of his days.

As an aside, ALL communication between an inmate (in my State but I believe in ALL states) is at the discretion of the respondent, NOT the writer, so if he thinks he'll have access to his children by mail, he's sadly mistaken.  I'm sure the victim (children's mother) has been told to check with prison admin at whichever yard he's placed (including new yards that he might be transferred to) to make sure his "jacket" (admin record for each inmate) clearly states that he is to have NO CONTACT whatsoever with his children.

Phone calls not an issue as person receiving a phone call (collect) has to set up the acct and pay for the calls.

It's also important that the victim (mother of his children) keep an eye on his prison status (they have easily accessible websites to get details about how he's doing) because if he has a legal appeal it would be in her interest to monitor status of how that goes.  Many strange things happen in the appeals process for convicted defendants and it's best not to find out by surprise that on some legal technicality, his incarcerated status changes. 

Sad but true...this incorrigible reprobate will always be lingering in the back of her mind regardless of how much she wishes she could forget about him entirely!

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

It must be Spousal Abuse Month or something on TV as it seemed that so many of the shows I watched had it in some form or another. 

This episode was harrowing.  The victim  is a very attractive-looking woman with an animated personality but maybe part of the reason she emoted so much was the years spent under that bastard husband who probably tried to extinguish every spark of life and personality that she had.   After seeing the Dateline episode about Nicholas what-ever-his-name-is, and seeing his ex-wife #2 who appeared like a deer in the headlights, this woman was almost refreshing.  She lived to tell and man, was she gonna tell it! 

I shook my head over how much the oldest daughter was under Daddy's sway - to the point of betraying her mother.   At her age, she was old enough to have a sense of what was really going on between her parents and its sad to see how much she was brainwashed.   And it really speaks to what a vile, piece of dog poop that her father was to put his kids in the middle, and manipulate them like that.   

God help that woman if that scumbag ever gets out of prison (Good for Florida in that the judge could  sentence him for so long.  Here in New York, he'd probably be out in 5 years).  You just know that he's the type of guy who will still come after her (or the kids) if he ever gets out.   I'm hoping that the court appointed lawyer he had was inwardly sighing with relief that the jerk fired him and in effect, put the rope around his own neck.  I'm truly surprised that the jury actually took five hours to convict him.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I just saw a repeat about the former ballerina (Ashley Benefield) who marries older man, has a baby, leaves husband, accuses him of abuse, then kills him claiming self defense.  She was charged with murder, but I’m not sure what has happened.  I can’t find an update!  That’s so odd.  Anyone know anything about it?  

On 5/4/2023 at 10:07 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Anyone know anything about it?  

At least according to Court TV, she has a hearing about her "stand your ground" defense in July 2023.

• Useful 2
13 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

I still can't get over how la-di-dah Lori and Chad were when they were found sunning by the pool in Hawaii.  Those are some cold, cold folks.

I’m wondering which family is going to end up having more murders….the Vallow Daybell or Murdaugh.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

Wow, Donna was one cool customer on the phone with 911 as she bled out and lost consciouness. WTF with that family brandishing knives at each other on multiple occasions. Looks like the parents knew their son did it. Disgusting. 

I rather like these survivor stories once in a while. Definitely would rather watch this than an umpteenth rehash of a more famous case.

• Like 11

What a story - I was so happy to see that the victim survived.  Thank God she was gotten to a hospital that apparently had a stellar trauma team and that she also was a fighter with a strong will to survive.  

That the very privileged family of the perp tried to cover his trail (haircut, spiriting him to another location) IS disgusting.   I'd really love to know what that family situation really was and if the the kid had in fact, not been in any trouble before or if the family had just managed to cover it up.  Sounds very strange that an otherwise nice, "normal" teen would use mushrooms and become a murderer.  Def more in the background of this story.    And the polar icecaps will melt before Donna will ever see a cent of that 5 million lawsuit money.  

• Like 4
  • Love 3

How is it people win these judgements in civil court and never see a penny, even when a wealthy family is involved. I know there can be legal delays, but it seems like people just ignore the judgements. Whereas when someone wins civil damages against a corporation, they usually get the money or some settlement. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

How is it people win these judgements in civil court and never see a penny, even when a wealthy family is involved. I know there can be legal delays, but it seems like people just ignore the judgements. Whereas when someone wins civil damages against a corporation, they usually get the money or some settlement. 

My guess its because the people who are sued start moving their assets to other people as well as "hide" their assets in other ways.  I don't know if declaring bankruptcy would also protect the person who was sued.  

I'd also guess that there are plenty of lawsuits involving corporations where the winner winds up waiting years to get paid.   In many cases (both against individuals and corporations) there are probably appeals which will also slow down anybody getting judgements they've been awarded.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Like OJ with his wealth and books has still never paid a penny to the Goldman family. Unacceptable.

• Like 4
  • Sad 5
(edited)

I just watched the case of Rachel Deltondo murder. She was shot multiple times at the end of her driveway at night.   I think it’s pretty obvious that the young man that’s suspected was troubled.  I can’t tell if the victim, who was a teacher and in her 30’s was just hanging out with the teen, in her car late at night, or it was much more. Her best friend thought the latter.  The victim also was hanging out with a teen girl, going different places late at night, the night victim was murdered….sounds fishy to me.  Later young man goes to prison for a different murder. Man……some still suspect the victims ex fiancé due to his connections to law enforcement.  This case is still unsolved.  

The case really makes me wonder why a woman in her 30s, school teacher, attractive, lots of friends, romantically involved with a man near her age, good family support, financially secure, …….begins a relationship with a teen.  It boggles the mind.  She didn’t deserve to be murdered, but it seems she began on a path that brought so much  misery to multiple families, including her own.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1

Looks like a new season started. Case was the Family Feud murder. Dude was not a very good actor when he sat down with Erin Moriarty, and his lawyer was very unlikeable!

That lawyer was something else.   I was wondering if she had any explanation for the gun evidence.  

• Like 5

Looks like a new season started. Case was the Family Feud murder. Dude was not a very good actor when he sat down with Erin Moriarty, and his lawyer was very unlikeable!

Very unlikeable. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
5 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I liked how his lawyer didn't even try and deny the fact that he looked up his estranged wife's new guy online. She just flat out justified the fact that a lot of people look up their exes online like that. 

Which, sure, yeah, people do that...but in this case, considering his estranged wife was murdered around the time he did this, it doesn't exactly help his "I'm innocent!" plea. Also, he's the one who filed for divorce. Why would he need to look up any guys she might be seeing after that? Why would or should he care? The only valid reason I could see him caring about who his ex-wife was seeing would be to, obviously, ensure that the guy was safe for his kids to be around*, but in that case there's far better ways to go about doing that. They don't need to covertly look them up online in the middle of the freaking night. 

Also, are fake Facebook pages as common as his lawyer claims? Granted, I haven't been on Facebook in ages, so I don't know how people typically do things on there nowadays, but I'm curious now. I don't doubt that people do have them, I just wonder how common that is. 

*On a related note, this episode was the first I'd heard anything about the allegations against his father. That's...interesting. 

But yeah, I agree that, on its own, that comment he made on "Family Feud", while curious, would obviously not be concrete proof of his guilt. I wouldn't hang my case on that clip, no, and I appreciate that these investigators aren't doing that, either. 

But when you put that into the context of everything else going on? It certainly doesn't help matters, no. No, for me, it's just the whole coincidence of the thing. She just happens to be killed the week before their divorce trial is to start. The intruder just happens to know exactly where to crawl up onto the rooftop of the house, and just happens to pick one of their kids' rooms to sneak through (I really appreciated one of the investigators pointing out that detail, 'cause I'd been struck by that very thing myself before he said that). There's a bike that just happens to be found a short distance from her husband's home (and he only lives a mile away from her to boot), and it just happens to look awfully similar to one he was looking up online on his fake Facebook page. The very type of gun she was murdered with just happens to be the same kind that her husband had, and which he'd refused to turn over when ordered to do so by a judge. 

At some point, that's an awful lot of little things adding up, you know? And he's sitting there making claims that she was harassing and stalking him, and yet he's the one filming and confronting her, and she's the one who is unarmed and winds up dead. But yeah. He was the one in danger. Sure. 

As for the lawyer's comments about the lack of DNA, I mean...whether it was her husband or some random intruder, we're probably not going to have much in the way of DNA either way, because as hard as it was to make out a lot of details about the guy on those security cameras, it was also clear that whoever the guy was, he was dressed for the weather. You could tell he was wearing gloves and had a hooded jacket/coat on and whatnot, which would make sense for someone who wants to ride their bike in the middle of a cold February night in Illinois. So the fact he was so covered up would obviously obscure his ability to leave much DNA at the scene. 

The fact he rode over on a bike would also put a dent in the burglar theory, because, as my mom pointed out, if this was a random intruder...how much does he expect to get away with while on a bike? He might get a bag of jewelry, sure, but that'd be about it. Certainly not like he'd be able to cart away some large electronic items or something of that sort that would be of value. And if this was a random intruder who'd been skulking around the house in the time leading up to the murder, then surely they would've known that there were windows on the first floor they could've used to break in through. The attack happened very early in the morning. Most people in the neighborhood would've been sound asleep at that time. Why would a random intruder need to go to great lengths of crawling up to the rooftop? To say nothing of how, if an intruder really wanted to remain inconspicuous, they'd have been better off just driving over, 'cause people are going to find it kind of strange to see someone riding their bike at that time of night in the dead of winter. Granted, bikes don't make the kind of sound that cars do, but still...

And of course, there's also the fact that nothing was stolen and there was no indications of a robbery, or even someone trying to fake a robbery, so...yeah. 

Just a very strange, sad, disturbing case the whole way around. I feel bad for the children. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3

You guys didn’t let me down. I came here hoping others found the lawyer loud and annoying too. 

I think guilty too. Too many little puzzle pieces adding to the bigger image. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

lawyer was very unlikeable!

I thought she made an unprofessional appearance, and that would include her tattoos.  Juries DO NOTICE those things! 

He was as "guilty as sin" . 

HOPEFULLY, he'll go to PUBLIC DEFENSE for his appeal so whatever $$$ he has may be transferred to his SONS!!

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

thought she made an unprofessional appearance, and that would include her tattoos.  Juries DO NOTICE those things! 

I was surprised by the tattoos but, figured she could keep them covered in court.

Now, that I think about it, I was also a little surprised that she went from Divorce attorney to criminal defense attorney. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
33 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Now, that I think about it, I was also a little surprised that she went from Divorce attorney to criminal defense attorney. 

Yeah, I wondered about that, too. She was already personally involved, maybe he should've found someone who didn't already have a history with him to be his defense attorney instead? 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

You guys didn’t let me down. I came here hoping others found the lawyer loud and annoying too. 

Same thoughts. I needed to see everyone's reactions to her likability issues.

I read a little bit about the case after the show. Apparently the prosecutor spoke out in defense of Schnack bc he felt people were too critical of her online. 🤔

I briefly visited one of Schnack's sm accounts and was not shocked by what I found.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
18 hours ago, Annber03 said:

She was already personally involved, maybe he should've found someone who didn't already have a history with him to be his defense attorney instead? 

These two areas of practice in the legal profession are usually SEPARATE AND DISTINCT.  USUALLY, it takes YEARS of study and TRAINING to excel in either of these two legal areas.  

It's like trusting an ortho surgeon to do a complicated surgery knowing that until recently he/she was a specialist in Cardiology for many years!!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
On 10/1/2023 at 10:14 AM, TVbitch said:

I wanted to reach through my screen and punch her in the face. She was so unlikable and her facial expressions were so exaggerated.

On 10/1/2023 at 11:34 AM, badgerwoman said:

That lawyer was something else.   I was wondering if she had any explanation for the gun evidence.  

Her explanation was that's their expert's opinion. Erin asked her why she didn't call her own expert to refute to it then. Lawyer was all "I could have" with some pursed lips. 

Edited by Court
  • Like 5
On 10/1/2023 at 9:52 PM, Annber03 said:

Yeah, I wondered about that, too. She was already personally involved, maybe he should've found someone who didn't already have a history with him to be his defense attorney instead? 

I kept wondering if their history involved "non-professional" activities.  There was something about the way she defended him.  I was getting "relationship" vibes from her.  That either they were in one at some point in time, or they weren't but she would have liked to have been in one with him.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 2

New episode called "Who Wanted Nicki Lenway Dead?" tonight.   

Watching the shooting was disturbing.  Within the first 5 minutes I was sure where this was going.  First, hearing Nicole's backstory set off some alarms:  she had a child she shared with an ex, she is shot at random.  When I saw the shooter running, I was 99% sure it was a woman and my next hypothesis was that this woman would be involved with Nicole's previous partner.  It would probably be another one of those situations where the new partner decides that the child should be with them 24/7, or jealousy... the new woman wants the man all to herself.  Obviously I've watched too many of true crime stories that I can guess them.

I spent the rest of the episode waiting to see if Tim Amacher was part of this shooting or if Colleen Larson acted alone.   Even though they tried to say Tim was not involved, I think it was both of them, especially after all the crap Tim pulled over the years to make Nicole's life miserable.  Glad that both of these creeps are behind bars.

• Like 8

Yeah, I thought the video would end right as Colleen was running up to Nicki, but no, we got to see Nicki falling to the ground and everything. Absolutely chilling. Kudos to that woman who came to her rescue in that moment, she's a true hero and I'm glad she was there to be able to help save her life and keep her focused and calm until the ambulance arrived. 

I fully agree Tim was in on it. What a coincidence that the woman who wound up shooting Nicki just happened to be living in his home with him at the time. And she was young enough to where she'd be much easier for him to manipulate to do his bidding (not to say that excuses her behavior, obviously, but I think it definitely explains a lot of why she did what she did). And he had plenty of motive, with the whole thing with custody of their son and the barrage of accusations he'd been making towards her and the new guy she was seeing. He's an absolute creep. 

With the way Nicki and her boyfriend were being referred to in the past tense towards the end of the episode, and the way the episode just kind of abruptly faded to black when it ended, for a brief moment I was afraid we'd get some update on some tragic post-script involving one or both of those two. Thankfully we didn't, but that was kind of an unsettling way to end the episode. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Like 5

Tim has watched too much Cobra Kai and thinks his "master" nonsense applies to the rest of the world. Sadly, a lot of ladies and some impressionable students helped build his ego. His ego maniacal statement to the judge was delusional. If I was Nicki, I would never feel safe again, either. 

• Like 3

I was still pondering this case and just had another thought:  What if another reason that Tim and Colleen wanted Nicki out of the picture was money.  Was Tim looking for a way to not have to pay alimony and/or child support and murder became a reasonable option?  That is so shitty but it happens all the time.

• Useful 2
On 6/27/2023 at 3:05 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I just watched the case of Rachel Deltondo murder. She was shot multiple times at the end of her driveway at night.   I think it’s pretty obvious that the young man that’s suspected was troubled.  I can’t tell if the victim, who was a teacher and in her 30’s was just hanging out with the teen, in her car late at night, or it was much more. Her best friend thought the latter

I missed where the town (that this occurred in) is. For the police force to have eight murders that are still unsolved, makes me wonder what's going on with the police, and are they potentially involved with this case? And for a Chief to be replaced twice in a week because of misconduct, allows more red flags to go up. Does anyone know if a charge has been placed since all of this happened?

• Like 1
On 10/8/2023 at 10:27 PM, patty1h said:

I was still pondering this case and just had another thought:  What if another reason that Tim and Colleen wanted Nicki out of the picture was money.  Was Tim looking for a way to not have to pay alimony and/or child support and murder became a reasonable option?  That is so shitty but it happens all the time.

I don't think that money was much of a motive.  Tim was an abuser - his main motive was to make Nicki's life hell.  Nicki being involved with another man was too much for him so he manipulated Colleen into being the hit person while he had the alibi of being at the preschool.  Neither one of them was exactly a criminal mastermind.  Tim THOUGHT that he was but he wasn't as smart as he thought he was.   

Nicki probably has good reason to be worried - egomaniacs like Tim usually don't change and he'll probably be out of jail in 10 years.   

• Like 4

I feel for the fact that Jade Janks was betrayed by the man she saw as a father, but what a total fucking idiot. Lady, when not one, BUT TWO, "fixers" tell you no way in hell are they getting involved with the insanity you've got going on, maybe you should rethink it! 

This episode is right at the top of "most astonished reaction" by someone found guilty. She totally thought she was sympathetic or convincing enough to get away with it. Her lawyers should have prepared her for a possible guilty verdict, given that her story was ridiculous, the evidence was strong, and she looked guilty as hell. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

Was I only half watching or something or was the Jade Jenks episode lacking some really basic information on who this woman was?  So we know she was pretty, could haul rocks during the day and go clubbing at night and was some kind of half rent "interior designer".  The only friend to appear on camera was a next door neighbor like eight years her junior.  No more to the story???

Did they ever show her Mom or say where she was?  When did she divorce the Step Dad?  Or was she dead?

I'd guess Jade manipulated her way through life with a pretty face. She was obviously lacking in the brains department.  She could have killed the Step Dad in his bed and "found him" later.  I imagine with very little suspicion based upon the recent hospital release and general ill health.  Heck, she probably could have even done the same with her insane story of putting him in the back seat of the truck!  But instead she leaves him in the driveway under a pile of garbage?  Ok smarty pants. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Okay I live in Phoenix, and I do not remember this "zombie hunter" aspect of the killer. Why does our city always look so dumpy in these shows. Anyhoo, glad the judge did not consider an abusive childhood as a free pass to murder. 

• Like 5